Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

So this would be during the 2nd season cause I see Abigail and Leah.  They probably aren't this casual anymore.

Oops, 3rd season.  I see Jordan K

Lol...and so many overstepped the lines ;) 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

So this would be during the 2nd season cause I see Abigail and Leah.  They probably aren't this casual anymore.

Oops, 3rd season.  I see Jordan K

Now I can't get Down with the Sickness out of my head :)

• Love 1

It drives me crazy when they change names on us.  First Elizabeth became Bess, and we all confused her with Tess.  Now Madeline the Mormon is Maddie, and the Rookie has claimed the name Madeline.  I guess I am just easily confused........

• Love 4
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:50 PM, ElenaFR said:

Would love to see a lot less make up on all the young ladies.  Especially when they are in rehearsals. That heavy make up ages all of them. 

Generally speaking, I think it shows terrible "body image" this practice that the DCC require about all the no weight gain/fake hair/cake makeup/false eyelashes/spray tans etc. 

I think they look really nice, but at the same time to me, as an older woman, they all look "fake" and I would tell any daughter/granddaughter of mine not to emulate them. I'm fine with them getting all "dolled up" for performance, but not for rehearsals.

But who am I? The last time I wore make up and did my hair was for my wedding umpteen million years ago! Thankfully I chose a profession where I didn't have to impress the public.  

Edited by LynneH
  • Love 6
54 minutes ago, LynneH said:

Generally speaking, I think it shows terrible "body image" this practice that the DCC require about all the no weight gain/fake hair/cake makeup/false eyelashes/spray tans etc. 

I think they look really nice, but at the same time to me, as an older woman, they all look "fake" and I would tell any daughter/granddaughter of mine not to emulate them. I'm fine with them getting all "dolled up" for performance, but not for rehearsals.

But who am I? The last time I wore make up and did my hair was for my wedding umpteen million years ago! Thankfully I chose a profession where I didn't have to impress the public.  

Cassie posted a video of practice and the girls were in pony tails.  Someone commented on that and Cassie said she loved pony tail nights.  On the episode where Stephanie DiBiase-Wheat taught a routine and Rachel was just dripping in sweat, I remember thinking that this should definitely be a pony tail night.

• Love 2

I was curious and danced a couple routines with my hair all down and with a full face of makeup and it was weird and distracting with hair  in the mouth non stop and with all the make up, well I looked like Alice Cooper by the time I was done. I always thought it was healthiest for your skin to be washed and free of anything while you are exercising and sweating so they must use super woman products to keep a pretty and healthy complexion. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Cassie posted a video of practice and the girls were in pony tails.  Someone commented on that and Cassie said she loved pony tail nights.  On the episode where Stephanie DiBiase-Wheat taught a routine and Rachel was just dripping in sweat, I remember thinking that this should definitely be a pony tail night.

I don't think we ever see pony tail nights on the show because they want girls to look game day ready in front of the cameras

That video that was posted from season 3 makes me sick. These girls are being flaunted in front of these middle age men who are drooling over them!!! These men are acting like they are at a strip club. Yuck!!

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

That video that was posted from season 3 makes me sick. These girls are being flaunted in front of these middle age men who are drooling over them!!! These men are acting like they are at a strip club. Yuck!!

You mean the one where they were practicing their entrance?  

12 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

You mean the one where they were practicing their entrance?  

Yes. The one man is clearly holding a cocktail. This was obviously a private tour that happened when the girls were practicing. Or, it was included in the tour. Either way, these girls should be protected a little more from this kind of stuff. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Ah, thanks.  I thought it was video of them in the studio, not the field.  My bad!

Sorry for the confusion.  The video of them on the field was something I saw on YouTube and posted it cause we were talking about them wearing their hair up and wearing whatever for practice.

When I was talking about pony tail night, there was a video Cassie posted on Instagram when Cannon was maybe not even 2.  The girls were practicing a routine involving cowboy hats and pretty much all of them had their hair up.  Someone commented they were surprised to see that and that's when Cassie made her comment.  

I tried to find this video but I don't know if there is a way to find it without scrolling forever.  I even searched this forum to see if someone had posted it on here.

2 hours ago, DBAAT said:

Yes. The one man is clearly holding a cocktail. This was obviously a private tour that happened when the girls were practicing. Or, it was included in the tour. Either way, these girls should be protected a little more from this kind of stuff. 

I agree.  This was ten years ago, so hopefully things have changed.  The girls have security and chaperones, but I don't know how long that's been in affect.  If there is going to be a private tour, I would hope there is a substantial fee for the DCC and a guideline to follow for acceptable behavior.  None of this good ol' boy, friend of the Jones family kind of thing.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

I agree.  This was ten years ago, so hopefully things have changed.  The girls have security and chaperones, but I don't know how long that's been in affect.  If there is going to be a private tour, I would hope there is a substantial fee for the DCC and a guideline to follow for acceptable behavior.  None of this good ol' boy, friend of the Jones family kind of thing.

Somehow those random guys paying a substantial fee to take cell phone video zooming in on Abigail Klein’s ass to show all his drunk friends makes it just as creepy for me. ? Ick. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Somehow those random guys paying a substantial fee to take cell phone video zooming in on Abigail Klein’s ass to show all his drunk friends makes it just as creepy for me. ? Ick. 

Exactly!!! How gross is that!! I have daughters, and that would upset me.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DBAAT said:

4 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said

1 hour ago, DBAAT said:

Exactly!!! How gross is that!! I have daughters, and that would upset me.

Although I agree with the creepy and ick sentiment.  The Cheerleader should have thought better of her attire.  When you are out in public, people can ogle/leer/film/take pictures all they want. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LynneH said:

Although I agree with the creepy and ick sentiment.  The Cheerleader should have thought better of her attire.  When you are out in public, people can ogle/leer/film/take pictures all they want. 

I can’t tell if this is serious or not?

• Love 8
15 hours ago, LynneH said:

They're not out in public. They're at work inside the stadium, wearing what they were instructed.

• Love 7
On 6/11/2018 at 2:54 PM, Kayce said:

Well that picture was adorable of Ivy in front of her momma!  

Yes, simply adorable. Also, I know this is a random question and I dont believe it fits any topic but it is a question that has been burning in my head for awhile..lol. So, Tasha and her daughters last name was Cruz prior to her getting married (I saw that on her IG story last week when she posted about Ivy's 8th bday), but their last name is still Cruz and she is married now. So is it safe for me to assume that her husbands last name is Cruz too?? If so, that is so cool...lol

9 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Yes, simply adorable. Also, I know this is a random question and I dont believe it fits any topic but it is a question that has been burning in my head for awhile..lol. So, Tasha and her daughters last name was Cruz prior to her getting married (I saw that on her IG story last week when she posted about Ivy's 8th bday), but their last name is still Cruz and she is married now. So is it safe for me to assume that her husbands last name is Cruz too?? If so, that is so cool...lol

Her maiden name is Smedley 

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Not sure what Tasha’s daughter’s father’s name is, but she and her daughter both go by Cruz now. That’s her second husband’s last name. I presume he adopted the daughter, thus the name change?

I think I remember something about him adopting her.  He seems to be a wonderful dad to her, you would never know she wasn't his.   I have been wondering since he is so maternal with her when or  if they will have a baby.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 2
(edited)

When Tasha 1st auditioned she had all kinds of cheesy Harlequin-Romance type pictures of her and her husband all over her Instagram.  I never thought she would one day grow on me, but she has!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 15
15 hours ago, JayDKay said:

I know. That comment makes me feel a little sick. Society loves to victim blame. 

I’m with you. Women can wear whatever and whenever they please. It’s the ogling men in this case that need to STFU.

• Love 14
On 6/13/2018 at 4:44 PM, LynneH said:

She was likely instructed to wear something along those lines and that was what she chose.  For her job.  She also wasn't out in public, as in on a public street, on a bus, or in another public space.  At the time, she was in the stadium, which, if I understand correctly, had limited access so, in a way, she WASN'T in public.  In addition, men SHOULDN'T do those things regardless of where they are.  It's not innocent, it's not respecting women and it's not polite among other things.  It's rude, intimidating, and demeaning among other things.

17 hours ago, JayDKay said:

I know. That comment makes me feel a little sick. Society loves to victim blame. 

Rape (and similar crimes against women) are the only crimes where the women are considered at fault.  It's always about what she wore, where she went, who she went with or met there, her sexual history, what she consumed, etc.  Men face similar things when they're victims of rape and similar crimes, except that people wonder why they didn't fight the assaulter off (then get after them for hitting a woman, if the woman is the aggressor) or that they must be gay/bi, too weak, etc.  It's a societal issue where rape is the most personal of crimes and has the most personal punishments both immediately afterwards and for the rest of her (or his) life.

• Love 10
(edited)

Speaking of Tasha's daughter, does anyone know if Tasha's daughter is into the dance/pageant thing like her mama?

Edited by ByTor
11 hours ago, ByTor said:

When Tasha 1st auditioned she had all kinds of cheesy Harlequin-Romance type pictures of her and her husband all over her Instagram.  I never thought she would one day grow on me, but she has!

??? I admit I was also a little critical of Tasha her TCC/rookie year. But I think she's adorable now - I think she probably always was adorable, and I was just being judgmental. She's the only one I follow on Instagram. Khalyn is still my #1 favorite but her account is private and I didn't want to seem toooooo stalkery ?.

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

??? I admit I was also a little critical of Tasha her TCC/rookie year. But I think she's adorable now - I think she probably always was adorable, and I was just being judgmental. She's the only one I follow on Instagram. Khalyn is still my #1 favorite but her account is private and I didn't want to seem toooooo stalkery ?.

I love Khalyn!  Since Kelsey is gone (and she was my fave besides KaShara) Can you see my "K" fixation?? (yes I was a Keyra fan as well )

• Love 5
1 hour ago, KnyghtRyder said:

??? I admit I was also a little critical of Tasha her TCC/rookie year. But I think she's adorable now - I think she probably always was adorable, and I was just being judgmental. 

Once I was bored and looked at past season's boards. People were really ragging on rookies that went on to be generally adored and dancing standouts. I think our first impressions are so lasting. It's really all about the edit. Tasha was sort of pushed on us her season, with her soppy backstory. I always try to remember that the ladies are basically instructed what to say in those montages.

40 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I love Khalyn!  Since Kelsey is gone (and she was my fave besides KaShara) Can you see my "K" fixation?? (yes I was a Keyra fan as well )

You had me on everyone, except Kashara. I have an irrational dislike of her (she has done absolutely nothing wrong) due to her BEST-EVER edit from last season. It was almost gone, but has come back with a vengeance. Lord, help me if she's pushed again this year.

• Love 7
(edited)
15 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Once I was bored and looked at past season's boards. People were really ragging on rookies that went on to be generally adored and dancing standouts. I think our first impressions are so lasting. It's really all about the edit. Tasha was sort of pushed on us her season, with her soppy backstory. I always try to remember that the ladies are basically instructed what to say in those montages.

You had me on everyone, except Kashara. I have an irrational dislike of her (she has done absolutely nothing wrong) due to her BEST-EVER edit from last season. It was almost gone, but has come back with a vengeance. Lord, help me if she's pushed again this year.

Yeh I know :) but I'm from KY literally just 25 miles from her hometown and we graduated from the same alma mater (even though I graduated MANY years before her)  I have to give my KY gal props and love.  

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Speaking of Tasha's daughter, does anyone know if Tasha's daughter is into the dance/pageant thing like her mama?

Tasha said her daughter likes cheer more than dance so that is what she is doing now.

12 hours ago, ByTor said:

I saw her wedding pix awhile back, can't remember where I saw them but you should go look at them.  

• Love 1

It will be interesting to see who gets the spotlight this season. There's no question in my mind that certain candidates will make the team regardless of their successes or failures in training camp. I don't think they will be featured on the show very much however due to the backlash on social media and on-line forums. It's hard to remember sometimes that some of these women are actually teenage girls. Still I believe there is an unfair advantage for some and not for others.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

It will be interesting to see who gets the spotlight this season. There's no question in my mind that certain candidates will make the team regardless of their successes or failures in training camp. I don't think they will be featured on the show very much however due to the backlash on social media and on-line forums. It's hard to remember sometimes that some of these women are actually teenage girls. Still I believe there is an unfair advantage for some and not for others.

So true all of this.  The more I learn about these girls the more I realize just how many of them got there with "an unfair advantage".  That is one of the reasons they only had 150 try out this year.  Girls are realizing this.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

So true all of this.  The more I learn about these girls the more I realize just how many of them got there with "an unfair advantage".  That is one of the reasons they only had 150 try out this year.  Girls are realizing this.

I wonder if the other NFL cheerleaders lawsuits had something to do with the limited try outs as well

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

With such a small group that tried out, I wonder if they will do the opening scene in the stadium with the "hundreds" of girls sitting in the stands listening to Kelli's welcome/"let's get started making the team" speech?  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I wonder if the other NFL cheerleaders lawsuits had something to do with the limited try outs as well

I don't believe so because all the other teams had more trying out this year than ever.  I think it is because of 
"unfair advantage" and also CMT filming them.  It takes the fun out of everything for the girls.

1 minute ago, Kayce said:

With such a small group that tried out, I wonder if they will do the opening scene in the stadium with the "hundreds" of girls sitting in the stands listening to Kelli's welcome/"let's get started making the team" speech?  

OMG I am dying laughing. Also they will have CMT shoot it over and over until they get it exactly how they want it.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

2 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

I don't believe so because all the other teams had more trying out this year than ever.  I think it is because of 
"unfair advantage" and also CMT filming them.  It takes the fun out of everything for the girls.

I think both.  I wonder how this will affect auditions in the years to come.  The current ideal squad number is 36 but I would not be surprised if in 5-10 years from now the number is reduced to 24.  There are a couple of things at play here.  The NFL cheerleader lawsuits, which I venture to guess are only just beginning in the grand scheme of things and in the wake of movements like #metoo, and that the would be glamour girls of days gone by are finding far more lucrative ways to put themselves out there, like Instagram modeling and becoming a social media influencers.  There are many more opportunities to get yourself in the spotlight nowadays than there were even 10 years ago.  I think the Abigail Kleins of the world (I mean, she was essentially perfection) are simply finding better things to do on their own terms (key word) and for exponentially more compensation.  I think that's why women like her no longer show up for DCC auditions.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Someone stated earlier that this may end up being the Year of Maddie, and I can absolutely see that happening. 

Please no. Just no. No. No no no. I am not a Maddie fan in any way, shape, or form. And I HATE when they focus on one or two women throughout the season, and we don't get to "know" the rest (see: Morgan, Breelan, Kat et all. BARF, I fast forwarded through all their scenes, I rooted for them to get cut.)

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, GBPackersfan said:

Please no. Just no. No. No no no. I am not a Maddie fan in any way, shape, or form. And I HATE when they focus on one or two women throughout the season, and we don't get to "know" the rest (see: Morgan, Breelan, Kat et all. BARF, I fast forwarded through all their scenes, I rooted for them to get cut.)

I love Maddie, but I agree that I'd rather see a more diverse group of stories on other girls.  

• Love 6

34684365_634760870234544_2703593470865440768_n.thumb.jpg.bf9297cce0023af627a07edbc342a90e.jpg

1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Looks like Sam will try out next year.  She has been going to Sarah's classes and she posted this last night on her IG story that she is at Kitty's for Michelle Keys  dance class.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

34684365_634760870234544_2703593470865440768_n.thumb.jpg.bf9297cce0023af627a07edbc342a90e.jpg

Looks like Sam will try out next year.  She has been going to Sarah's classes and she posted this last night on her IG story that she is at Kitty's for Michelle Keys  dance class.

She really needs to up her game if she plans to do that. Cassie is probably paying her so the heat will be off her. 

• Love 5