Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, tajalexander said:

I don’t think we can have a real conversation about Jenna/Kashara until people come to grips with the fact that Jenna had to be AMAZING to be point, Kashara just had to be good. Now why is that? ?

I love this post.

5 hours ago, hypeman said:

You just gave me life!  THERE IS NOW OFFICIALLY AN ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM!

Reminds me of "Twice as good, to get half as much."

And I love this post.

4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Brittany Evans was not a group leader or assistant group leader when she was voted PB Girl in Season 5. 

Wasn't Brittany assistant group leader to Trisha in season 5? Trisha-brittany, Brooke-crystal, Ally-Cassie, Meredith-Megan? She was group leader along with Ally, Cassie, and Whitney who did not serve as a 2nd in season 6. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Glamourdoll said:

Both these girls are talented and beautiful. I don't see why it seems someone has to hate one to love the other. As always, YMMV, I am just stating my POV, not trying to tell others how to feel about stuff. (and also, word, to the others who have echoed the same thoughts)

Also, that DCC caricature would be a really cute poster. And I want one.

PREACH.

• Love 5

While I don't like some of the things Jenna did and I don't like how it felt like everything was being handed to Kashara on a platter, I actually really like them both. They are probably two of my current favorites. Both are great performers who have "it" for me. My eye is drawn to them when they dance. They both dance with such joy. That is what matters to me as far as being a DCC goes. From what we've seen, Jenna didn't do anything cruel or harmful, but she did break the rules. She's not evil, just immature. I do think Kashara works hard so it's not like the things she's getting are because she's Judy's daughter or something. Some of us may think others deserve what she got, but we're not in charge and those who are chose her for whatever reason. Could just be because they like dealing with her. She seems like she's pretty down to Earth and less likely to get the diva tendencies that cost them Erica, Holly and Jenna. Maybe they chose the person they thought was less likely to let it all go to her head. Maybe they just think she is all around the best when you consider all aspects of the job, not just the dancing. To me, she seems like a DCC dream girl. She's cute as a button, sexy but sweet enough looking not to be threatening or too overtly sexy. She has an outgoing personality but isn't ME ME ME. She is exactly what I would picture if someone said build the perfect DCC. 

• Love 13
On 12/28/2017 at 2:39 PM, Cariad said:

Being a DCC is such a big commitment in terms of time and lifestyle (such hard work to maintain a super skinny bod), I can see why anyone would think 3 years was enough. 

At some point, I would be dying for some chocolate shakes and a burger w fries...or I would be hangry the entire time in uniform, as in, "Bitch, get outta my way!!"

• Love 2
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well obviously they have their favorites,none of the decisions are objective and it's almost never on merit. And that happens in the real world as well. People will give chances to those they like even if there are more qualified people out there. But in this case? I think we're overthinking it. Jenna lost her spot and Jinelle would never ever be part of the triangle, let alone get point. Lacey has never been a power dancer and that's exactly what we've been saying about her up until a few months ago. Kashara seems like a good teammate and that's what they wanted after everything that happened. I don't think any other third year old deserved it more than Kash and I don't think she did anything shady or wrong to get ahead of the others. She just got lucky.

And some of my observations:  Sometiimes, Lacey & Jinelle dance like a wet noodle  & Jenna does rush the beat.  Not everyone is perfect & Kashara has stepped up to the challenge.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

And some of my observations:  Sometiimes, Lacey & Jinelle dance like a wet noodle  & Jenna does rush the beat.  Not everyone is perfect & Kashara has stepped up to the challenge.

Jenna is a little bit pigeon toed at times.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ByTor said:

On the caricatures, I have no idea who is on either side of Holly.  By process of elimination I'm guessing the brunette is Jax, but I have no clue who the blonde is.

The individual pieces are named on the artist's Insta. He has also done some of the DCC in Holiday outfits, as well as caricatures of other teams, such as Rhythm & Blue and cheerleaders for other NFL teams. Like this familiar face:

He's very talented.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I love this post.

And I love this post.

Wasn't Brittany assistant group leader to Trisha in season 5? Trisha-brittany, Brooke-crystal, Ally-Cassie, Meredith-Megan? She was group leader along with Ally, Cassie, and Whitney who did not serve as a 2nd in season 6. 

Maybe she was assistant group leader. I thought it was someone else.

Last thing about the pro bowl..looking at the choices since the start of this show where we got to see coach/dancer relationship there is def unbalanced in picking haha

2006: lynlee allen Dont know her so she gets a pass

2007: Megan Fox she is a legend well deserved

2008: Misty Duncan she was a standout because she was tall but she was def protected and favored by KJ 

2009: Nicole Hamilton probabaly out of all these the most deserving! 

2010: Justine Philips i believe she deserved it. Senority respected and she got kicked out of show group for Cassie to come in..dont believe look that ish up.

2011 Brittany Evans she honeslty was the only 4-5 vet that probably would have gotten it during this year.

2012 Ally Traylor just got it because she was a teachers pet...bleh

2013 Whitney Isleb got it after the blackface scandal and we all know she was cassies bff... jackie bobby should have gotten this year on some real.

2014 Jackie bobby - since i think she shouldve gotten it a year before this spot should be Mia GreenHouses sad she didnt get it.

2015 Nicole Bulcher i was actually shocked. Im a big fan of Nicole but I thought Brittany Schram, Sydney or Emma would have gotten it. Glad Nicole got it.

2016 Holly Arielle pretty dancer but bland def should had went to Jacie ......

2017 Jen K saddest choice..when one of the fans biggest favorite Girl is leaving Dani they give it to Jenn K...Jenn K. It should have been Dani she is an iconic DCC

2018 Kashara blah bahaj...

Edited by 8dallas
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Was't Brittany assistant group leader to Trisha in season 5? Trisha-brittany, Brooke-crystal, Ally-Cassie, Meredith-Megan? She was group leader along with Ally, Cassie, and Whitney who did not serve as a 2nd in season 6. 

38504_413047101034_1429923_n.jpg?oh=72e8

• Love 1

What I find humorous about the upset in regards to Kashara receiving PBC is that people seem to assume that if the squad did select the girl, she would not get it over Jinelle or Lacey. It just seems odd to assume that her squad would not select her - given the congrats she's received and the love the team has seemed to show her all year round. 

just my own opinion. :)

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Glamourdoll said:

I don't get the hate for Kashara when she never asked for all the things she has been given. She was just in the right place at the right time. If people want to dislike/hate her for things she has control over (such as personal choices or things she has said/done)  that's fair, not so much when based on decisions made by others when she was just doing her best as a DCC.   I don't think she should quit DCC if she loves it because once it's over it's over. If she wants one more year, and earns her place back, why she shouldn't live her life in a way that makes her happy? Would any of us want someone to tell us to walk away from something we love forever because they think we should for "reasons"? Saying she would be hogging point is also not on her, that's DCC leaderships decision, not Kashara's. She shouldn't have to quit to be fair to other girls for something she has no control over. (would like to see point a least rotated though, if another DCC has what it takes, ahem K & J.)

Poor Jenna can't win. The girl should be allowed to have her moment of being sad that she will never be PB for DCC. There's nothing wrong with being disappointed you missed a shot at something forever and needing a little time to process it.  She's not a monster, she's a girl who is human and made some mistakes as we all do. The difference is, she has had to learn from them in a spotlight under really unkind scrutiny. I truly feel for her. 

Both these girls are talented and beautiful. I don't see why it seems someone has to hate one to love the other. As always, YMMV, I am just stating my POV, not trying to tell others how to feel about stuff. (and also, word, to the others who have echoed the same thoughts)

Also, that DCC caricature would be a really cute poster. And I want one.

I know that Jenna messed up, but I feel bad for her because that was her dream. I don't care for her, I'm ready to see her go but I understand that she really wanted this,so i can't really fault her for not being 100% selfless. She could absolutely be happy for her friend and devastated for herself at the same time.

1 hour ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Also, did anyone else see this? I'm definitely underwhelmed with Simone. Lol 

I know Jenn isn't this board's fave, but for me she is an amazing dcc. Absolutely one of the most talented girls they've ever had, and she makes it look easy and like she ain't even trying (the same imo can't be said for jenna or even holly).

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

Jenna’s mum has announced her retirement 

4D74EBBC-53C4-4A8C-98EE-A05182838C7C.jpeg

I’ll miss her. So sad we never were able to get to the root of the problem here but I’m glad she’s leaving so y’all have someone else to talk about. 

Fingers crossed that someone great can fill that spot on the team!

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

I’ll miss her. So sad we never were able to get to the root of the problem here but I’m glad she’s leaving so y’all have someone else to talk about. 

Fingers crossed that someone great can fill that spot on the team!

I’m sad to see her go, especially with not being able to leave on a high 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Her retirements always come after the pro bowl announcements.  

Or after the last performance of the entire squad for the season,  the last home game.  Is there a better time to announce in your opinion?

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Amanda89 said:

Not surprised to see this, but still sad.  All the best to her for the future!

I kind of wish Jenna had retired last year.  She would have gone out on a higher note and no

drama. I don't hate Jenna. I feel she's self absorbed and craves attention, but young and still learning her way. I feel like she got a thorough beat down this year mentally. I wish her luck in the future. I feel like branching beyond DCC will help her. Anyway, she's still a young lady. She'll work it out. I know I made lots of mistakes in my early 20s.

12 hours ago, 8dallas said:

Last thing about the pro bowl..looking at the choices since the start of this show where we got to see coach/dancer relationship there is def unbalanced in picking haha

2006: lynlee allen Dont know her so she gets a pass

2007: Megan Fox she is a legend well deserved

2008: Misty Duncan she was a standout because she was tall but she was def protected and favored by KJ 

2009: Nicole Hamilton probabaly out of all these the most deserving! 

2010: Justine Philips i believe she deserved it. Senority respected and she got kicked out of show group for Cassie to come in..dont believe look that ish up.

2011 Brittany Evans she honeslty was the only 4-5 vet that probably would have gotten it during this year.

2012 Ally Traylor just got it because she was a teachers pet...bleh

2013 Whitney Isleb got it after the blackface scandal and we all know she was cassies bff... jackie bobby should have gotten this year on some real.

2014 Jackie bobby - since i think she shouldve gotten it a year before this spot should be Mia GreenHouses sad she didnt get it.

2015 Nicole Bulcher i was actually shocked. Im a big fan of Nicole but I thought Brittany Schram, Sydney or Emma would have gotten it. Glad Nicole got it.

2016 Holly Arielle pretty dancer but bland def should had went to Jacie ......

2017 Jen K saddest choice..when one of the fans biggest favorite Girl is leaving Dani they give it to Jenn K...Jenn K. It should have been Dani she is an iconic DCC

2018 Kashara blah bahaj...

I love Danielle! I was sad last year. I like Kashara a lot, so I'm not upset. 

Edited by Hummingbird24
I suck at spellcheck
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Or after the last performance of the entire squad for the season,  the last home game.  Is there a better time to announce in your opinion?

The key here is the pattern of multiple yearly retirement announcements from Jenna. 

• Love 7

I like Danielle, but I do not think she should have gotten PB over Jennifer. I also do not see her as an ironic DCC. In my opinion, there were other girls on the team who were stronger performers than she was. I see nothing wrong with Jennifer or KaShara getting PB.

Gotta say I’m feeling a bit meangirled right now (which is a bit rich, I know). Oh, am I completely jumping to conclusions and over analyzing, sure? But pictures and videos mean a thousand words and I like to do a little photo assumption. I have a pretty good record on here of being pro-Jenna, but like everyone else here, including the certain DCC employees and staff that come on here to observe current sentiments, I, too can haz an opinion. I think it’s funny, and was being snarky. Snarky. I would just think that anyone that familiar to being in front of the camera would be more aware of any overanalysis on their actions especially at that time. Again, just me and jumping to conclusions and seeing things that possibly are or aren’t there lol, theorizing and everything we all do on a regular basis. I’ll go look for the Unpopular post from now on. Yeesh. Apologies for rubbing anyone the wrong way.

Edited by Cappuccinagina

For those that have been on this forum for years... it seems as though every DCC has their haters and their lovers, but years ago when Jacie made the team did anyone dislike her? I love her! It seems that so many love her! So I'm just curious to see the general attitude towards her on this board back then and through her retirement 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

For those that have been on this forum for years... it seems as though every DCC has their haters and their lovers, but years ago when Jacie made the team did anyone dislike her? I love her! It seems that so many love her! So I'm just curious to see the general attitude towards her on this board back then and through her retirement 

She is the BOMB! I loved when Kitty was like all flustered (I think it was Kitty, anyways?!) with her dancing style. So happy for her success post DCC, too!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I like Danielle, but I do not think she should have gotten PB over Jennifer. I also do not see her as an ironic DCC. In my opinion, there were other girls on the team who were stronger performers than she was. I see nothing wrong with Jennifer or KaShara getting PB.

Danielle is great but thick in the middle and had that deer in headlights response a lot of the time. I'd send JennK or somebody more poised and trim, too. Pro Bowl is supposed to be best of best, not just most liked. Kelli knows what she's doing. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Also, did anyone else see this? I'm definitely underwhelmed with Simone. Lol 

That is some definite "wet noodle" dancing if I may say so. Maybe Simone had just learned the choreography? Still...

• Love 2
22 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Remember how Charlotte went after Ann Lux in Season 6 because she thought she was not the total DCC package (not willing to kiss her behind and act like being a DCC is the most special and the biggest honor in the whole wide universe.)

They thought Ann Lux wasn’t happy and smiley enough and didn’t want to be there. 

Yet Cassie admitted (on this season) she was not a super smiley happy go lucky person and to own it.  She didn’t just admit it, she offered it as advice. This is the part that gets me. 

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, Acromantula said:

That is some definite "wet noodle" dancing if I may say so. Maybe Simone had just learned the choreography? Still...

Yeah. I like Simone. I’m glad she’s on the team, and I think she’s gorgeous, but power dancing is not really her thing. She’s blends just fine in the group, but put her side by side with some of the better dancers, and that video is what you get lol.

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah. I like Simone. I’m glad she’s on the team, and I think she’s gorgeous, but power dancing is not really her thing. She’s blends just fine in the group, but put her side by side with some of the better dancers, and that video is what you get lol.

I wouldn't want to dance side by side with JennK, especially her own choreo. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I adore Danielle and I voted for her, but she isn't the best dance-wise. Jessica would have been a great choice too, but I do think Jenn deserved it.

• Love 2

I know Dani wasnt a power house like Jenn K. ShE just had a flirty fun dance...she was the opposite of what Jenn was. i thinks thats why i  I liked her..also she developed to become a better dancer

Edited by 8dallas
  • Love 3

I am looking forward to seeing how Kalyssa continues to develop. She is pretty awesome, in my book. :) For someone who has only danced a short period of time, she gives many vets a run for their money. Plus, she's hot, so there is that.

• Love 5

Guess there could be some "faking" in that video but Kashara seemed very surprised and tickled and the other girls (including Jenna) seemed genuinely happy for her.  I think Jenna knows she effed up and is finally taking it like a man.  But I am sure it has to be difficult.  Best of luck to her in her future endeavors.

Can take it like a man, steady and strong 
Not a lot of fuss and carrying on 
True to a promise I can write in stone 
Take it like a man who knows about love…

• Love 2

I think it’s natural to have favorites.  But I also see Kelli putting that aside when warranted.  Vivian was a clear favorite of hers from auditions until the night Vivian discussed the jump splits. Then there was a switch flipped.  Taylor was a favorite in her season as was karissa from season 6.  But Taylor didn’t get her kicks up and K did not improve over the summer.  Holly P also seemed to be a favorite.  I know that the time line on the show is not real time but we see her go from one week of wanting Holly to mentor the tcs to the next of being called out for her actions.   Lacey is beautiful and a great dancer, but she may be a tad tall for the point.   Kashara is not the best dancer but she gives it everything she has and she just radiates fun.  She seems to be a great team player and a big fun personality so I’m glad for her.  Holly probably would have had that position but she let it slip away. 

I could have sworn Allie T was point for one year pre-Whitney.  Maybe for one performance? I could have sworn I saw a video of her in that place.  

I wish Jenna all the best. She isn’t my favorite DCC, but she’s a talented dancer and has put a lot of time and effort into DCC over the past six years.  She’s certainly made mistakes, but I did at her age as well — and I thank God that I didn’t have a TV crew following me around in my teens and early twenties to document them for posterity.  

• Love 10
11 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

I wouldn't want to dance side by side with JennK, especially her own choreo. 

seriously, she looked amazing in that vid - I really like Simone too though, and she was probably still picking it up and learning from Jenn in that clip.

I'm a runner, and I watch a lot of DCC dance clips when I'm hitting the miles on the treadmill.  I'm not a dancer (except in my head), but even I've noticed there always seems to be such a difference (even with the most amazing dancers) when they're doing their own choreo versus choreo they've learned from someone else.  Michelle Keys is one of my absolute favorites and even when she's not front and center my eye is always drawn to her.  Was also excited to see former DCCs Hannah, Crystal, and Brooke here, but I was especially drawn to watch Hannah, the girl in the back with the black cami (no idea who she is), and Grace Sells.  I LOVE Grace Sells and was so sad she didn't make training camp the second time around.

Any thoughts on girls you're hoping to see try out for the coming season?  One of the other girls I love watching is Hunter, and I'm really hoping she hit the books and tries out again.  She's a crazy wonderful dancer, I wish we could do a skills trade - I'd find her amazing things to read, and she could teach me how to move without embarrassing myself.  I'd be so happy, but she'd have her work cut out for her ? I'm also rooting for Titans Briana to come back (she had such a gorgeous smile, she'd be a great ambassador), as well as Dayton and the pretty girl with long legs from LSU.  

• Love 3