Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Looks like Hunter is going to be trying out for golden state warriors based on her latest insta post

She has a friend whose a current GSW dancer so it doesn't surprise me. I think she's more suited for NBA style dancing and always wondered why she left MDC training camp. Maybe homesick or didn't care for their style of dancing.

She must be long time friends with former DCC  Breelan

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

Karissa from Season 6 should not have been brought into TC. The main reason why she was brought in was the fact the majority of the judges were impressed by her interview. I'm sorry, but to me this is a silly reason to bring a girl into TC. Just like Charlotte drooling in her pantyhose over Meagan F. looking like Julia Roberts or Kelli drooling over Rachel Buckmaster because she may have looked like the one actress whose name I cannot think of. Neither girl could dance, but hey lets bring them into TC because heck they remind us of movie stars or actresses. They cut Grace Lee Sells at finals in Season 5, but they brought out of shape Stephanie Heyman into TC. I hate it when Kelli insists girls who are the same height have the same weight. There was nothing wrong with Grace Lee's figure. Stephanie was in worse shape, but she made the team. In my opinion, Grace was more attractive, a better dancer, in better shape and had the potential to be a top notch DCC. In fact, I thought she was better than some of the veterans on the squad.

Edited by bigskygirl
38 minutes ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Does anyone know whats going on with Milan, her Official DCC Twitter account doesn't exist anymore. Maybe its just a Twitter glitch, not sure...

She left the squad in November. Her bio has been removed from the DCC site.  She has an old Twitter (Milan, Italy @Milan Brahney)  that still exists but nothing's been posted since Oct 2016.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

She left the squad in November. Her bio has been removed from the DCC site.  She has an old Twitter (Milan, Italy @Milan Brahney)  that still exists but nothing's been posted since Oct 2016.

Milan's instagram is still being updated (although not that often):  @milanbrahney

• Love 1
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Karissa from Season 6 should not have been brought into TC. The main reason why she was brought in was the fact the majority of the judges were impressed by her interview. I'm sorry, but to me this is a silly reason to bring a girl into TC. Just like Charlotte drooling in her pantyhose over Meagan F. looking like Julia Roberts or Kelli drooling over Rachel Buckmaster because she may have looked like the one actress whose name I cannot think of. Neither girl could dance, but hey lets bring them into TC because heck they remind us of movie stars or actresses. They cut Grace Lee Sells at finals in Season 5, but they brought out of shape Stephanie Heyman into TC. I hate it when Kelli insists girls who are the same height have the same weight. There was nothing wrong with Grace Lee's figure. Stephanie was in worse shape, but she made the team. In my opinion, Grace was more attractive, a better dancer, in better shape and had the potential to be a top notch DCC. In fact, I thought she was better than some of the veterans on the squad.

Laura Dern is the actress you're thinking of.  I agree with everything you said. I'm glad that Grace was able to go and join the Mavs for 2 seasons The DCC lost a lot good candidates who went on to other teams.

• Love 3
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 1:06 AM, Cowboysfan16 said:

Also, did anyone else see this? I'm definitely underwhelmed with Simone. Lol 

actually, I like Simone's dancing here, I'm not saying that Jenna is bad here, but comparing the two here she danced like she was trying too hard.   Simone was smoother and prettier and more natural.

27 minutes ago, LynneH said:

but comparing the two here she danced like she was trying too hard.   Simone was smoother and prettier and more natural.

Just shows how differently people see things. I thought Jenna was far smoother, Simone was clunky, Jenna looked like she was having a blast dancing, Simone looked like she was trying hard to hit all the moves. Watching Jenna I think wow! Watching Simone I think "I can do that". Now, that could be because Jenna knows the dance like the back of her hand and maybe Simone is still in the process of learning it. That's how it looked to me. That Jenna was still teaching Simone how to do the dance. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

She has a friend whose a current GSW dancer so it doesn't surprise me. I think she's more suited for NBA style dancing and always wondered why she left MDC training camp. Maybe homesick or didn't care for their style of dancing.

I know the word around here is that she was homesick, but I don't buy it.  If she were, I doubt she'd consider moving to CA.

4 hours ago, Safefortheplanet said:

If it helps, the caricatures are in alphabetical order :)

Duh, thanks for pointing that out, I can't believe I didn't notice it!  They did screw up, though, they put Kelsey before Jinelle.

Edited by ByTor
1 hour ago, LynneH said:

actually, I like Simone's dancing here, I'm not saying that Jenna is bad here, but comparing the two here she danced like she was trying too hard.   Simone was smoother and prettier and more natural.

Well it's her choreo so it's no doubt Jennifer has a better grasp. I just pointed out that for a third year, dancing for a world class organization that is supposed to be skilled in all forms, Simone underwhelms me. How she gets by with that and her weight warning over the years, and girls like Raylee get cut for not bringing it is beyond me. Also, others are kept and perform at just a "meh" level. Key point: a third year. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

I didn’t mind Cassie and think she photographs quite pretty (here and a few calendar shots) but dear lord Cassie and Allie made an unholy alliance ??

#praise #callayoungpriestandoldpriest

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I know the word around here is that she was homesick, but I don't buy it.  If she were, I doubt she'd consider moving to CA.

Duh, thanks for pointing that out, I can't believe I didn't notice it!  They did screw up, though, they put Kelsey before Jinelle.

Hunter may need to be told CA is farther away than FL. 

21 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Well it's her choreo so it's no doubt Jennifer has a better grasp. I just pointed out that for a third year, dancing for a world class organization that is supposed to be skilled in all forms, Simone underwhelms me. How she gets by with that and her weight warning over the years, and girls like Raylee get cut for not bringing it is beyond me. Also, others are kept and perform at just a "meh" level. Key point: a third year. 

Underwhelming and blending with DCC is still better than the bet of everybody else.

• Love 2

I still do not buy Kelli and Judy wanted her going for her third attempt in Season 5. I think Charlotte was the one pushing for her to get into TC. In fact, I would not be surprised if CMT was pushing for it too. She seemed to think she had a shot to make the team for some reason.

On 12/28/2017 at 8:30 PM, 8dallas said:

Also Jacie was lead all her 3rd season until like mid point like i said..i think though it was because holly was taller so it looked weird.

On 12/28/2017 at 8:37 PM, UnicornKicks said:

Jacie and Holly A are the same height. Pretty sure they had Holly at point at season opener.

She did. Still not sure what @8dallas is talking about 

On 12/28/2017 at 8:46 PM, Spunkyyy said:

Holly Arielle had it all. Yet she wasn’t asked to be an all star, makes no sense! 

Hokly was ROTY?? ?

On 12/29/2017 at 1:48 PM, missmansfield said:

People hate Jenna for a good reason.  She blatantly broke DCC rules and is still there

Lol people break rules all the time. People don’t even know the true reason they “hate” the girl. She’s there because she chose to be. 

• Love 2

Well, getting called into Training Camp for a third time would give a girl that idea.  However, I doubt Meagan would have even showed up for the third time after taking some time off if she didn't think she had a chance.  Maybe she wanted to spend one year with her roommates (I think that was the year she was roommates with Brooke and Stephanie).  Frankly, if I was roommates with a DCC for any length of time and was considering auditioning for the squad (especially with their support), I would be spending as much time as possible learning the dances.  If Megan didn't do that, or even did and STILL had issues learning the dances, then there was no way she was getting on the squad, no matter WHO her roommates were.

Have there been any other girls in Training Camp who have had memory problems like Meagan F. or Amy S.?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

She did. Still not sure what @8dallas is talking about 

Hokly was ROTY?? ?

Lol people break rules all the time. People don’t even know the true reason they “hate” the girl. She’s there because she chose to be. 

Ive been going to the games for years jacie was at point before the halloween game..i swear im not crazy haha...i will find a picture 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Have there been any other girls in Training Camp who have had memory problems like Meagan F. or Amy S.?

Didn't Lauren have some memory issues learning the dances even though she made the team?

• Love 3

Emily in season 7 had memory issues. Beautiful girl who probably should not have made the team.  I know she said she had a great teaching opportunity the next year and that is why she retired, but I have often wondered if she was just insightful enough (or warned) to not reaudition for the chance of being cut. 

Morgan certainly.   Breelin (and Ashley Pro?) was also called out frequently for mistakes...but I’m not sure if that was attributable to memory or sloppy dancing.  

• Love 1
13 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Hokly was ROTY?? ?

Yes, Holly Arielle was 2012 Roty, Jacie 2013, jenn k 2014, Mary 2015, and Kashara 2016. I remember Judy had a pic of all them together on her twitter. 

• Love 1

Don't forget Kaitlyn LaRue from the dreaded Season 8. I often wonder if Morgan and Kaitlyn would have made the team if three one year vets were not cut at finals, Courtney Cook did not leave for personal reasons before TC started, and of course Chelsey was not cut during TC. I still cannot believe the both of them made the team.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Don't forget Kaitlyn LaRue from the dreaded Season 8. I often wonder if Morgan and Kaitlyn would have made the team if three one year vets were not cut at finals, Courtney Cook did not leave for personal reasons before TC started, and of course Chelsey was not cut during TC. I still cannot believe the both of them made the team.

Wasn't the 3 vets that were cut Kali, Teri, and Collin?  What year/season was Courtni Shea cut and were there any others cut with her?

10 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Morgan is the original Yuko. Going to make it no matter what for at least one year. Might be right about Kaitlyn. Easy to tell she was one potato chip away from being on weight watch.

• Love 1

I liked Courtney Cook.  Chelsea was a smooth talker, I'll give her that, but got too comfortable and let her snarky, inappropriate side out at the wrong time.  That, as much as anything, I think, got her cut in that Kelli and Judy couldn't tell what she'd say in a situation where she was comfortable and unaware of/didn't care who was listening.  Unless there's more to both situations that you can't say anything about, @bigskygirl.

Emily (season 7), I really like her looks but agree she wasn't the strongest dancer that year and probably knew she would have a REALLY hard time making it back if she auditioned again.  Morgan barely got by on her looks, her sob story and her association with Kitty.  I think Morgan is one reason why Kitty doesn't QUITE put herself out there for girls anymore as Morgan barely made the squad her first year, looked terrified too many times, evidently had memory issues the entire season even when she should have relaxed and trusted that her body knows the dances even if she can't remember them in her mind, and got outdanced and outperformed her next year at auditions.

Kali (blonde, GORGEOUS and busty) should have stayed as long as she wanted to.  It sucks that she was cut only to be replaced in Training Camp by a not-as-talented look-a-like Kathryn D.  From what I remember, Teri barely made the team and shouldn't have come back.  Collin was a decent dancer and should have made it for a second year before being urged to retire.

I wonder what Amy S. is up to since she left the GSW and deleted all social media (for the moment).

While a lot of girls who make Training Camp are told that this isn't the squad for them and never return to auditions, Whitney (current MDC) is a good example of selective memory.  I get that she wanted to prove them wrong, but she had at least 4 years of auditions and 1 Training Camp to do so and proved the opposite.  Still, I'm glad she's finally on a pro team and hope she's happy where she is.

As for the current squad, a lot of these girls will HAVE to step it up if they want to come back or else there will be a blood bath in Finals.  Every year, there's always a few that expect they're safe only to get cut.  I suspect there will be more than the usual three or so if they don't step it up.  I suspect Kelsey L. will step it up each year for as long as she wants to be on the squad because she's had such a tough run to get there.  She would have been cut at Finals this year if she hadn't proved them at least somewhat wrong the previous year.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Wasn't the 3 vets that were cut Kali, Teri, and Collin?  What year/season was Courtni Shea cut and were there any others cut with her?

Courtni Shea was cut along with Morgan and the one two year vet whose name I cannot remember in Season 9.

Kaitlyn L. from Season 8 was rumored to be taken off the team in late October for weight gain, and she did not perform or made appearances for the rest of the season, but her DCC profile and picture was still up.

Kelsey made it back because she has the looks, and fan and male appeal on her side, plus the fact Kelli and Charlotte probably saw enough improvement for her to stay for another year. I personally do not think Judy cares for her at all, and she was overruled by Kelli and Charlotte.

10 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Kaitlyn L. from Season 8 was rumored to be taken off the team in late October for weight gain, and she did not perform or made appearances for the rest of the season, but her DCC profile and picture was still up.

I don't think this one should have made the team either. 

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Courtni Shea was cut along with Morgan and the one two year vet whose name I cannot remember in Season 9.

I think it was Alex Hemes; had to go look at the 2013 squad picture.

On 12/28/2017 at 9:25 PM, bigskygirl said:

I promised the person who told me about the Jenna saga I would not spill the beans on here. I trust the person who gave me the whole story, and lets just say it is interesting.

From my deductive reasoning here....If you think of what was said on the show...Jenna told K&J that she hoped Holly would be smart enough to stop.  Holly told K&J she was with Jenna.  So, it sounds kinda like Jenna was assisting Holly with breaking the rules.  Jenna said she really didn’t know what to do, but she had to know accompanying Holly to bars when she’s underage couldn’t be the right thing to do.  She could have just said no and went to Kelly for advice.  With my job, if I let something get to a point it is impacting my team and my manager finds out about it from anyone else but me...I’m going to be held as much, if not more, responsible than the one causing the issue.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

I wonder what Amy S. is up to since she left the GSW and deleted all social media (for the moment).

All I could find is her LinkedIn account. It says her last job was only from August 2017 -October 2017. It's like she dropped off the face of the earth. Unless she moved back to Illnois. I can't believe she has as DCC MTT (May 2012- July 2016) listed on it.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

I saw someone say yuko is like morgan. Yuko is a cute dancer...Morgan was a waste of a spot. Yes she isnt a powerhouse but she is always enjoyable to watch at gamess..there are girls on her same level as her or blander...

Heather O

Tess

Bess

Jesika

SAVANNAH

Alexis 

Kerya

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 8dallas said:

I saw someone say yuko is like morgan. Yuko is a cute dancer...Morgan was a waste of a spot. Yes she isnt a powerhouse but she is always enjoyable to watch at gamess..there are girls on her same level as her or blander...

Heather O

Tess

Bess

Jesika

SAVANNAH

Alexis 

Kerya

I think this is insulting to all of these girls. Yes they are blenders, but with the exception of Savannah (who actually seems to have good technique but just can't do dcc style),they all have good technique and can do the kinda 'sexier' dcc moves. Even Maddie can do those, Yuko can't. She does seem nicer and cuter than Morgan though.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I always sort of felt sad for Meagan F.   But she did have memory problems for sure.

I did too, I was happy she went off on them the third time when they cut her.  Asking them why they even brought her back to TC, get her hopes up just to cut her again.

• Love 4

Heather O

Tess

Bess

Jesika

SAVANNAH

Alexis 

Kerya

Hard pass on Keyra.

I think that I think Heather O is a lot better than she is because she’s really pretty and well-spoken, I just enjoy her. 

Heather O

Tess

Bess

Jesika

SAVANNAH

Alexis 

Kerya

I meant Morgan is the original Yuko bc she was going to make it no matter what she did that year.

I actually think Morgan is a better dancer than Yuko. Yuko is prettier, but Morgan was just slow to pick up and they shoved her down our throats with that fake single mom sob story.

Now for the list above, I think all those girls are better than Yuko and Morgan. Jessika is boring and thick, Savannah slow, but all are better than Yuko dancing like a Jr. DCC who got lost and had to dance with the big girls. She looks like an adult (unlike Maddie) but dances like a little girl. If Judy pops a vein go look for Yuko.

None of the LSU girls are bad. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

That hurts and I don’t agree lol

Also, either Bess or Tess went to LSU in the Cersten/Audition Kaitlyn era. So she can’t be all that bad. 

I think Tess... she is so photogenic!

On 12/31/2017 at 5:59 PM, ByTor said:

When I first moved out, I moved from CA to TX. I didn't stay long because I missed home and family. Sometimes a first time move away from home can be overwhelming: too many new streets, new people, new everything. I high-tailed it back home!  The next time I jumped states I was better prepared. I moved to WA by myself and lived there for 12 years!  Just sayin' that the first time one moves away from family can be tough; so many unexpected situations happened. Sometimes a person needs to retreat to the familiar before one tries it again.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

Yes, Holly Arielle was 2012 Roty, Jacie 2013, jenn k 2014, Mary 2015, and Kashara 2016. I remember Judy had a pic of all them together on her twitter. 

Youre right!

2 hours ago, tajalexander said:

One of them needs a bob. I can’t do this anymore. 

Alls I know is that Tess is the taller one. And her head is bigger.