Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, MrsEVH said:

I think Cersten and Keyra are friends from college.

Seriously I think Cersten and Erica's endorsement got Keyra on the team. That plus Holly, Mandy, etc. quitting.

Erica and Cersten were tight. Little bit of Holly by association. Also went to same school as Tess. Jax but shes gone.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Who in their right mind wanted Gina as point?

It was a joke. I literally tried to think of the very last person K & J would pick for Point and hit upon Gina. Funny thought though...;) 

4 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Ok so I have met Jenna more than once. She and Erica both come off as bitchy snooty like they expect crowds to part for them. Holly is fake nice, but clearly thinks she is extra special. 

This honestly surprises me. Not so say I don't believe you, but rather I'm surprised that the cheerleaders would get away with this. Given how much K & J stress the importance of appearances, being able to answer questions and have conversations with the fans, meeting veterans, etc, I would have thought there would be talks about how to appropriately greet fans, pull off successful appearances, and at least "act" genuine. If K or J caught wind of a girl acting snobby or standoffish with the general public, wouldn't that be an immediate cause for alarm? I mean, hell, they get etiquette classes, so why not social p's and q's training?  

Also, has anyone ever met Kelli or Judy? Did you find they came off as authentic/down-to-earth? I certainly find they do on the show, but I'm curious...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Acromantula said:

It was a joke. I literally tried to think of the very last person K & J would pick for Point and hit upon Gina. Funny thought though...;) 

This honestly surprises me. Not so say I don't believe you, but rather I'm surprised that the cheerleaders would get away with this. Given how much K & J stress the importance of appearances, being able to answer questions and have conversations with the fans, meeting veterans, etc, I would have thought there would be talks about how to appropriately greet fans, pull off successful appearances, and at least "act" genuine. If K or J caught wind of a girl acting snobby or standoffish with the general public, wouldn't that be an immediate cause for alarm? I mean, hell, they get etiquette classes, so why not social p's and q's training?  

Also, has anyone ever met Kelli or Judy? Did you find they came off as authentic/down-to-earth? I certainly find they do on the show, but I'm curious...

Oh they know very well to act the part during meet and greets or in official capacity, especially in uniform. From my experience Erica and Jenna both came off like they thought they were the cool girls in high school and expected people to be in awe of them. I'm sure they're fine at job related stuff. 

Even at public classes those two come off like they expect the seas to part and everyone should get out of their way. We all pay the same $$ to attend. I can see it if you're a headliner brought in to bring in girls or teaching, but just attending, get in line like everybody else.

I will say Danielle, Robyn, Maddie, Kashara, cut Heather, Allie, Simone, trying to think who else, never came off like this. 

Kelli has majorly mellowed out and you can see it on the show. She's not as icy or snooty now. Judy is just Judy, and all business. If anything she's less likely now to be friendly and chit chat. She's not rude, I think she just built a wall after all the Cassie critiques and just doesn't play.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

Oh they know very well to act the part during meet and greets or in official capacity, especially in uniform. From my experience Erica and Jenna both came off like they thought they were the cool girls in high school and expected people to be in awe of them. I'm sure they're fine at job related stuff. 

Even at public classes those two come off like they expect the seas to part and everyone should get out of their way. We all pay the same $$ to attend. I can see it if you're a headliner brought in to bring in girls or teaching, but just attending, get in line like everybody else.

I will say Danielle, Robyn, Maddie, Kashara, cut Heather, Allie, Simone, trying to think who else, never came off like this. 

Kelli has majorly mellowed out and you can see it on the show. She's not as icy or snooty now. Judy is just Judy, and all business. If anything she's less likely now to be friendly and chit chat. She's not rude, I think she just built a wall after all the Cassie critiques and just doesn't play.

Ah yes Kelli has mellowed for sure. I haven't watched all the seasons, but those that I have she has definitely gotten gentler on the TCC. Interesting to hear from an insider's perspective, and I'm sorry to hear that Erica and Jenna think they are too cool for school when it comes to participating in public dance classes. Not a good look, ladies. On the other hand, it's great to hear about the ladies who are managing to stay grounded and at least come off with more humility and class. 

On an unrelated note, dear Lord what IS this monstrosity?? 

new-york-giants-vs-dallas-cowboys-845454786-59bc6308c4124400102e578a.thumb.jpg.6e7d201dc9d0417b30a78ab149e88534.jpg

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Harrythecat said:

Wonder what is up with Gina?

383E4821-DD77-4E8C-84FA-218F0AF878E6.png

This is either nothing, or a very big something.

WHAT is up this year? It seems like with the move to the new headquarters, everything is going to hell in a handbasket.

51 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

It’s the perfect representation of the whole Dallas Cowboys organization this year - a hot mess.

This depends upon the shutter speed of the camera. If we are talking milliseconds, it is nothing to worry about.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Jazzhands said:

Keyra looks great.  Other than that ... my mother taught me that if I can’t say anything nice, I shouldn’t say anything at all. ?

Well, my mother didn't tell me that. Everyone else looks terrible.

..however, I'm sure the timing is just off.

9 hours ago, Harrythecat said:

Wonder what is up with Gina?

383E4821-DD77-4E8C-84FA-218F0AF878E6.png

Nothing is up. I get this with several accounts. You just have to click "yes view profile" and it pops up normally. Never had this issue in the previous years tho.

• Love 3

I apologized for what I said about the My Cause selections. I know some of you do not care for Gina, but it is nice to see one of the girls pick domestic abuse as her cause. Domestic abuse is something people do not want to talk about or admit it is a very serious issue. Gina decided to step out of the DCC box and came up with an issue which has been discussed and debated within the NFL world. Good for her to stand up for all domestic abuse victims.

12 hours ago, Acromantula said:

On an unrelated note, dear Lord what IS this monstrosity?? 

new-york-giants-vs-dallas-cowboys-845454786-59bc6308c4124400102e578a.thumb.jpg.6e7d201dc9d0417b30a78ab149e88534.jpg

Oh my. Why on earth did they post this picture? Good news for Christina is that she’s not the worst one in the picture. Progress for her! Everyone else - yikes! 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, JayDKay said:

I really hope that Certsen retires this year. My god I cannot stand the look of that girl. She looks like a giant a-hole. I don't get the appeal at all. I don't even think she dances that great. Next year I want to see Maggie, Stephanie & Robin in the triangle.  

I do not see Stephanie has a power dancer to be put in the triangle. I was surprised she made the team in the first place. To me she is a blender and nothing special. Certsen can hit the road too. I also thank Tasha is fake and a phony too. She reminds me of the one sister from Season 4 who left TC after being called into the office and Kelli said she seemed fake and mannequin like. To have a squad like the girls from Season 2 to 5 again. Sadly, I do not see it happening anytime soon.

Edited by bigskygirl
19 hours ago, JayDKay said:

I really hope that Certsen retires this year. My god I cannot stand the look of that girl. She looks like a giant a-hole. I don't get the appeal at all. I don't even think she dances that great. Next year I want to see Maggie, Stephanie & Robin in the triangle.  

If all current leaders left I’d love to see Robin and Maggie in the front of the triangle, agree with you there. Not Stephanie though, she just doesn’t have the star quality DCC style the others do. Maybe Robin Maggie and Madeline? 

• I've watched this since season one and would like someone to explain to me why "blending" is negative?  Back in my high school performance days (we're talking many decades of course *L*) the coaches WANTED blenders because we were all supposed to perform exactly the same way.  No one was allowed to stick out as in no extra "pops" or kick higher than another as you would then look like you were making a mistake compared to the others.   Now for show group that would be different since you have opportunities for solo or duo performances.  
  • Love 6

Please do not put Madeline in the triangle. She is another one I am trying to figure out why some people find her so special. She does not say DCC material to me.

I think blender in the DCC world does not say a stand out dancer or someone who looks good but just goes though the motion of performing. Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte goes on and on how these girls are the best and are world class, but a lot of the girls are not really stand outs or are there for the ole male appeal factor. I guess in the DCC world, male appeal and being an okay dancer gets the money rolling in. In my opinion, I do not see the girls performing exactly together in the same way especially after seeing pictures of the kick line and jump splits. In other words, blender equals who cares if she can dance as long as she is pretty.

24 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Please do not put Madeline in the triangle. She is another one I am trying to figure out why some people find her so special. She does not say DCC material to me.

I think blender in the DCC world does not say a stand out dancer or someone who looks good but just goes though the motion of performing. Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte goes on and on how these girls are the best and are world class, but a lot of the girls are not really stand outs or are there for the ole male appeal factor. I guess in the DCC world, male appeal and being an okay dancer gets the money rolling in. In my opinion, I do not see the girls performing exactly together in the same way especially after seeing pictures of the kick line and jump splits. In other words, blender equals who cares if she can dance as long as she is pretty.

Madeline is amazing! Her perseverance and commitment to making the team shows her great personality, and her dancing really does speak for itself regardless of that. She’s incredibly talented at many different genres of dance. 

I do understand your dislike of her, however, as she gives the initial impression of a timid and shy girl, especially in her interviews. 

Jenelle looks beautiful here. She is very photogenic, but Just doesn’t always look like this in person 

E7C7DC28-C0C3-4135-A9A5-0906BA386C1A.png

• Love 5

I know there are those that really are not too fond of Keshara at the point .. I for one am happy to see her there though I thought that Lacey would be the back up at point.  I think for Judi and Kelli to put her there ... she must have off the field leadership qualities they need.

I would like to remark about Simone .......I re-watched the episode where Keshara is given point ..... when Kelli is reflecting on her journey did anyone else notice Simone messing up in the background ... and the look of obvious mistake ... I don't think she is a strong dancer ... they must really like her look

I was surprised she made the team and actually made it back on ... also a bit of a drama queen .... if you watch the extra clips from last year she is holding up the squad photo they had to touch up her face because she was crying that she was missing her close friends wedding that day ..... I was thinking if you two were so close why would she schedule anything near the end of camp if she really wanted her there.

• Love 2

I do not think Simone's friend should fit her wedding around Simone's schedule. Simone made the decision to try out again knowing when her friend's wedding is. Simone is another one I do not understand what the fuss is all about.

On 11/26/2017 at 2:52 PM, MyFavShows said:

Kashara getting outdanced by literally every other girl in this - I can't believe they have her as point. She just isn't very good - no pop, no emphasis in her movements...ugh.

we must be watching completely different clips lol i couldn't stop watching kash.  to each their own 

• Love 9
On 11/26/2017 at 4:26 PM, UnicornKicks said:

Ok so I have met Jenna more than once. She and Erica both come off as bitchy snooty like they expect crowds to part for them. Holly is fake nice, but clearly thinks she is extra special. Not sure if she has come down a notch since she moved.

Nobody begged Jenna to come back. She did ask Kelli etc if she should try out again fully knowing already she is thirsty and won't give it up. They DID give her the round about answer of "you have more to offer" meaning she can still dance and is in shape. Excellent chance of making it back. They tell NO ONE not even pets and points that they will 100% guaranteed make it back or be in a certain spot. Didn't even tell Cassie that and you know she wasn't going anywhere.

Jenna sort of spun that to "they asked me back". I don't recall her ever saying they begged her. They may have said the team wouldn't be the same without her but they say that to a ton of girls bc it is true. Retirements and cuts change the dynamic but everybody is replaceable.

If nothing else Kelli won't give up her own personal bragging rights of being the only DCC to ever be invited back and not have to reaudition.

I was told Lacey wasn't considered point bc she didn't want it at the time. Don't know if that means she thought she wouldn't get it over Erica, Jenna and Holly, then was like oh shit I dance as good as Kashara NOW WATCH ME BUST A MOVE BESIDES LYRICAL OVERSPLITS. It would be logistics nightmare and drama to yank out Kashara and replace with Lacey, and I think Lacey regrets not putting herself foward more. She's the best overall they have right now. 

As for Gina as point next year - uh if they didn't put HOlly at point as a 2nd year vet, they won't put RBF Gina and her ugly mug. Holly at least knew how to play the part and act all sweet and kind. Gina is blunt and not really liked.

God I wish I had the luxury of staying in dance AND going to school and working.

Girls decide and pass it at home games.

all this. thank you. 

• Love 2

In my opinion, they could cut up to 3/4 of the girls, and the squad would not come close to the squads of the early years when the show first started. I usually like the majority of the girls or give them the benefit of the doubt, but the last two years have been bad squad quality wise.

6 hours ago, Calicocats said:

I like how Keyra is on it in the picture and Judy was on her ass all summer lol.  Go Keyra!  Maybe Judy should have been correcting some of those other girls.

It’s hard to tell from that pic what is going on. Cameras can capture things so quickly, it’s impossibel to keep sync everyone together 24/7.  Keyra could be in the perfect split bc she is late and everyone else is landing. Doubt if that’s the case, but moral of the story to me is why on earth did they chose to use that pic? It’s a mess.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

It’s hard to tell from that pic what is going on. Cameras can capture things so quickly, it’s impossibel to keep sync everyone together 24/7.  Keyra could be in the perfect split bc she is late and everyone else is landing. Doubt if that’s the case, but moral of the story to me is why on earth did they chose to use that pic? It’s a mess.

It’s like the editor of the site, assuming they have on the one, and whoever the person is who picks the pictures to post are in a competition for who is the worst at his/her job. I mean, just when you think that mispelling “stadium” in the title of the article is as bad as it gets, then they turn around and post the worst jumpsplit picture there is lol. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Calicocats said:

I like how Keyra is on it in the picture and Judy was on her ass all summer lol.  Go Keyra!  Maybe Judy should have been correcting some of those other girls.

One picture showing her doing a decent jump split does not mean she is DCC material. I bet dollars to donuts there is a lot more to why Judy did not care for Keyra than what was shown on the show.

And on another note: Heather picked bullying for her cause because her sister was bullied in high school. Nice to see another DCC willing to pick a cause majority of people do not want to deal with or discuss.

Darn it! I wish people would stop cutting up onions when I am watching the my cause videos. Rachel's cause is substance abuse. Her dad died from a drug overdose. This one hits home for me since my dad is an alcoholic. I also lost an aunt to an accidental drug overdose. Once again, it is nice to see one of the girls pick a cause people are in denial about and do not want to discuss it because it can cause pain and embarrassment.

Cersten is literally the most inoffensive person on the squad IMO.  She's really pretty.  Rockin' body.  The nurse comment was a grammatical error (pediatric nurse and medical assistant, versus pediatric nurse assistant and medical assistant).  She has the same hairstyle as the rest of the squad.

I can easily see her being in the triangle next year. because she's only one spot from it now

cersten-cameo17.jpg

• Love 11
1 hour ago, hypeman said:

Cersten is literally the most inoffensive person on the squad IMO.  She's really pretty.  Rockin' body.  The nurse comment was a grammatical error (pediatric nurse and medical assistant, versus pediatric nurse assistant and medical assistant).  She has the same hairstyle as the rest of the squad.

I can easily see her being in the triangle next year. because she's only one spot from it now

cersten-cameo17.jpg

I agree, I really like her.  I adore her dancing. 

• Love 6

Yeah, if someone said that Cersten was the best dancer on the team, I wouldn’t argue. I think she’s highly likely to be in the triangle next year if she returns. Even if Kashara and Lacey also return, Jenna will retire and I could see Cersten sliding into her spot.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, hypeman said:

cersten-cameo17.jpg

Cersten's body is unreal and hair looks fine. She needs to be triangle for dance.

She is a little bit extra proud of her self at the moment but those LSU girls are just that way. They can usually back it up with their dance, too.

As for her calling herself a nurse - I'm the last person in the world to criticize somebody's online grammar (math/science girl here, NOT English), but she made a vocabulary error - more like flat out LIE - and she knows it. If she is smart enough for med school, she is smart enough to know the difference in a real nurse and a med/surg assistant. She did that on purpose. Needs to change it. That's all that I don't like about her - inflating credentials when she does not have to. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

And on another note: Heather picked bullying for her cause because her sister was bullied in high school. Nice to see another DCC willing to pick a cause majority of people do not want to deal with or discuss.

Good for her for picking bullying -- but anti-bullying campaigns are kind of the in thing now so I don't really see it as picking a cause the majority of people do not want to discuss. It's definitely a pet cause among many celebrities nowadays.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

This is kinda what I thought was going on too, although I was thinking that Keyra was speeding. I think she might have jumped early and hit the full splits while everyone else was just starting to leap up (because don't they always finish a jump split by landing in full splits on the ground?). That being said, Jenna is almost at the same position as her, and I wouldn't have thought Jenna would mess up on this too much. It's an odd picture, actually, because both ends of the line and much closer to be in the splits, and then towards the middle (Milan, Amy) it looks like their feet almost touch the ground. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Here is a you tube video recently posted with a recap of game day girls this season. I don't know if its all of them but I like Lacey's video the best

Is it just me or does Jessika look heavy?

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Acromantula said:

It's an odd picture, actually, because both ends of the line and much closer to be in the splits, and then towards the middle (Milan, Amy) it looks like their feet almost touch the ground. 

That's what I noticed, too. It's hard to really see the other end but it does look like they are a lot closer to where the end we can see is. It's weird how the center girls are almost standing and the legs get higher as they go towards the ends, with both sides pretty even as they go out (does that make sense?) If I didn't know better I would almost think it was supposed to be some kind of wave pattern starting in the middle and going to the ends based on this picture.

• Love 3

Ok no idea where to put this but I am assuming this MIGHT be in the right thread. I been seeing on DCC twitter that the girls have these videos to say they are having the different color stars on their boots for x cause (which is great I think) but what I want to know is, are those different color stars (for the causes they support) on their boots permanently or just for "a while")? (if that made any sense at all. Its 3am my time atm and I having sleeping probs so my words are not that great at this time of day.

Also I remember Shelly saying the girls have 2 pairs of boots one for performance and one for appearances so am I assuming those videos on twitter about the color stars on the boots is for both or just on one of the boots they have? (If I am wrong that they dont have 2 pairs of boots then correct me on what I heard the girls apparently have "two of" I swear I heard 2 pairs of boots for all girls and the show group gets an extra pair of shorts for show group perfomances is that my memory etc?).