Type keyword(s) to search

The Stranger Things Wishlist: What We Want To Happen

• Start Topic

We're two seasons into this series, and there's always tons of fan theories and fan desires that make speculating all the more fun, regardless of how off the wall they may be.

To start this thread off, before the series ends, I really want to see a lock and load montage/ seeing our heroes going for forth to take on the latest fearsome creature from the Upside Down set to Fleetwood Mac's The Chain.

I would also like Joyce and Hopper to get together, and pretty much create the Brady Bunch from hell. They've always had great chemistry together, and it'd be nice to see some interaction between Will and Eleven, who IIRC have never been in a scene together, which is weird because their actors are said to be best friends in real life.

• Love 2

I want to see the kids tutoring El in their best subjects since she has A LOT of catching up to do if she wants to go to school with them.

I want to see Will and El interact because they've always been on opposite ends of the action, and I feel like the two of them together may be the key to saving the world.

I want to see Nancy mentor El through her rebellious teen phase.

I want Steve Harrington to join the Hawkins Police Department because he thinks he can make a difference and protect people, but all he does is file paperwork and fill donut orders.

• Love 6

I want this show to swear to me that they will never call El 'Jane' again.  I don't care if Hopper handwrites 'Eleanor' in crayon as her first name on the birth certificate or what they do, but they need to find a way to keep calling her El.  The name Jane does not fit her, it's not the name we've known her as, and it sets my teeth on edge.

• Love 7

I want to see El say a string of cuss words in front of Hopper, who reacts like he's actually shocked and mutters something about having to talk to the boys about their filthy mouths. 

I do also, really want to see the six kids acting like kids for an episode before everything goes to Hell in a handbasket. And I hope Will gets a break. He really needs a break Duffer Bros!

I am echoing some of the sentiments of some who came before me and possibly adding a few unpopular opinions.

1. I would love for Steve to join the police force and be paired with Hopper.

2. Will needs a break, but I do want him to have gained some supernatural ability for all of his trouble.

3. I want to see another like Eleven but it does not have to be Kali.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

I want this show to swear to me that they will never call El 'Jane' again.  I don't care if Hopper handwrites 'Eleanor' in crayon as her first name on the birth certificate or what they do, but they need to find a way to keep calling her El.  The name Jane does not fit her, it's not the name we've known her as, and it sets my teeth on edge.

Agreed. Jane is a terrible name for someone as special as Eleven. Eleanor would be better. 

I'd like to see season 3 focus a bit more on the kids' lives. Particularly to see Eleven's growth into a member of the group of what will now be six. I want to see her and Max become friends, and not adversaries. And I really want to see El trying to play D&D with them. Her nonplussed reactions to everything would be gold.

And as the kids are getting older, seeing them hang out a little more with Nancy, Jonathan and Steve would be great too.

I'd also like to see a new love interest for Steve. Someone cool and fun, and a double date with Nancy and Jonathan should prove to be very amusing indeed.

More of Hopper as the surrogate dad to the town's ne'er-do-well mob of kids. And what would be cool would be further exploration of the theory that was bouncing around in season 1, that Jonathan might actually be Hopper's son, and not Lonnie's. 

I'm really not sure where they should go with the Upside Down. Perhaps have the shadow monster focus on a different kid. Perhaps just have it be generally malign to everyone.

• Love 4

For Season 3, I'd love it if from the time we left Season 2 to when Season 3 begins, everything has been CALM.  Our crew has actually enjoyed a period of calm and normalcy.  I'd also love to see a deepening of relationships between our crew, and mix it up again. Hopper/El and Dustin/Steve were great match ups so do it again. Maybe this time, Steve could have graduated and works for his dad as he thought he would, but he finds it unsatisfying. Perhaps he and Hopper begin to bond over the new Season 3 mystery, leading to the potential of Steve becoming a cop.  Maybe, in readying El for proper school, Nancy has become her tutor, but also taken on an older sister role too. I'd love for the six kids to all be friends, especially El/Max.  Give Joyce a story that doesn't revolve around being terrified for Will. Let her be a mother figure for El.  Let Hopper/Joyce be adults because it seems those two getting together will happen. Do something different with Billy.

Obviously, the Upside Down and Mind Flayer is not done with Hawkins, so let the slow menace of that creep back into things. Before, El opened the gate. The gate is now closed, so maybe this time, the gates between dimensions are being forced open from the Upside Down. Bring Mr. Clarke, as the resident scientist, into the thick of things and maybe Mrs Wheeler.  Work with the cast the show already has.

• Love 5

What I am hoping for next season:

• The kids start high school and Eleven starts school with them, as said above she does have a lot to catch up though. So yes scenes with them helping her. Especially a cute scene with her and Mike.
  • More interaction between all 6 kids, but particularly a scene with Will and Eleven were both are alert and not unconscious
  • Obviously more with the upside down, which seeing as the end was the way it is, I'm sure I'll get it
  • Joyce and Hopper hooking up ;)
  • Max and Eleven bonding and not fighting

More of it would be cool, but it would be interesting if Will still could see into the upside down. As he was able to do this before he was taken over. And he is able to use it to help them next season. That being sad, the poor kid gets a break from being the victim.

Edited by blueray

And I really want to see El trying to play D&D with them. Her nonplussed reactions to everything would be gold

Me too. I keep thinking of a scene where they're playing and trying to decide if her character has powers in the game lol.

• Love 1

I want to find out that El was being given math lessons while she was in the lab as it was deemed a "safe" subject that wouldn't make her too rebellious about her circumstances but kept her busy, so she enters the high school as a math genius even though she's behind in everything else.

• Love 1

Eleven and Max becoming friends! While I found Eleven's brushing past her disdainfully hilarious, they can end that rivalry right now. There's no need for it anymore. Although Eleven using it as her trigger to get angry was funny.

Max and Lucas. I'm so glad Lucas finally got a legit storyline. This pairing is more grounded in reality, while Mike/Eleven is much more intense.

Whatever they do in S3, I hope the rest of Hawkins isn't let in on the secret. I like when it's isolated to this group, and if people find out about it, the whole show loses its appeal.

Nancy and Mike were largely ignored this season. I really liked the development of that relationship. They pretty much forgot those two were related until the last episode.

And finally, the development of the kids' friendship, with ALL of them together. S1, Will was missing, and I was interested to see how the group functioned with him in it. I realized he is largely the peacemaker of the group, the one everyone looks out for. Without him as buffer, the other three bickered constantly. Now that Eleven is back too, and they're not distrustful of her, how do they go forward? Is she mostly Mike's friend, or will the writers allow her to form bonds with the others? Will she and Will bond, and if so, how Mike take it? Now that Max is a part of the group, what is her role? How does she fit in and who will she connect with besides Lucas?

Will Mr. Clarke remember that Mike's new girlfriend was introduced last season as his Swedish cousin? Will the Wheelers remember the kid with the shaved head and think this new girl looks awfully familiar?

• Love 1

I don't think the Wheeler's ever saw what she looked like. And I'm sure if Mr. Clarke does remember, Mike (and group) would say, that she wasn't really his cousin and make up some reason why they lied about it.

I want at least the first episode to be the kids in school and El figuring out how to control when to use her powers since there would be a lot of times as a teen where being able to move things and spy on people would be super convenient. Also want to see Hopper dealing with regular teenage girl drama and maybe Joyce becoming a mother figure to El.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, blueray said:

I don't think the Wheeler's ever saw what she looked like. And I'm sure if Mr. Clarke does remember, Mike (and group) would say, that she wasn't really his cousin and make up some reason why they lied about it.

It's possible the Wheelers were shown a photograph of her at some point in the course of being briefed on the government's version of what happened (I can't remember), but they never met Eleven, at a minimum.  Now, Ted probably wouldn't be interested enough to put that together, possibly Karen though.  

I doubt Mr. Clarke would remember her based on one very brief meeting where she looked quite different (what with the wig and everything).  Now that I think about it, if the kids are starting high school next season, I hope Mr. Clarke pulls a Mr. Feeney and gets reassigned, because I like that character.

On that subject, I'm interested to see Eleven openly interacting with Mike's parents next year (or, I guess, Karen, again; Ted presumably will just be asleep in his chair).  Karen was underused this time around, which I get, as there's limited space, but it'd be fun to see her enthusiastic about Mike dating but unsure of what to make of his extremely taciturn girlfriend.

A few other dynamics I'd like to see more of:

- Mike & Nancy; we've seen a lot more of Will & Jonathan as siblings, comparatively.  If Eleven's going public is a big part of the character drama next year, Nancy, as an older teen girl, could logically be helpful there too, which would also cover the Eleven & Nancy dynamic.

- Joyce and, well, much of the cast, which goes with the fact that, since the first two seasons were very heavily about Will being in danger, Joyce's story was pretty much all about that.  That made total sense, of course, but assuming the writers are going to give Will a break in that regard, that opens up more possibilities for her to do different things.

- Max & Eleven/Mike; I thought the latter two's projecting/misunderstanding of Max worked fine in Season 2, but with that out of the way, it'd be good to see more of them on better terms.

• Love 1

I would like to see more interaction between El and Will.  These two are so connected and, if Will has developed some abilities as a result of his possession by the shadow monster, then El perhaps can help him channel it and develop it as she is learning to do.  Also since those two are good friends IRL, I would like to see their friend chemistry explored on screen.

I want Steve to remain involved with the group somehow.  I don't care about Nancy and Jonathan, but I love Steve.  He really won me over this year and I would love to see more big brother/babysitting the kids next season.  I'd really like to see him bond with Max, since her older sibling experience has been so terrible.  Maybe he can teach her to drive!  Lol

Something else I'd like to see, to mirror what people have said about Steve perhaps finding his calling, is Nancy deciding to pursue journalism as a chosen career. Her storyline this season was very much inspired by 1970s political/conspiracy thriller movies, and we've seen her passion for exposing the truth. It feels like the natural course for her to take, and would give her even more dynamism in season 3.

Also, if she and Jonathan are still going to be together, then his photography ambitions easily segue into photojournalism, and they have a passion they can share.

I don't mean that I want to see Nancy Wheeler, intrepid junior reporter for the Hawkins Gazette, but just an acknowledgement that she has clear plans after high school, that she's figured out who she is, and what she wants.

• Love 11
49 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

Something else I'd like to see, to mirror what people have said about Steve perhaps finding his calling, is Nancy deciding to pursue journalism as a chosen career. Her storyline this season was very much inspired by 1970s political/conspiracy thriller movies, and we've seen her passion for exposing the truth. It feels like the natural course for her to take, and would give her even more dynamism in season 3.

Also, if she and Jonathan are still going to be together, then his photography ambitions easily segue into photojournalism, and they have a passion they can share.

I don't mean that I want to see Nancy Wheeler, intrepid junior reporter for the Hawkins Gazette, but just an acknowledgement that she has clear plans after high school, that she's figured out who she is, and what she wants.

I like that.

• Love 1

If the game the kids play at the start of each season is meant to hint at what they'll be facing, then I want 3 to open with them playing Candyland.  The set up is that the Wheelers and Sinclairs are both out for the evening (for whatever reasons) so Mike and Lucas are in charge of their respective sisters.  Everyone still gathers at the Wheeler house to play games but, because they have to let the girls play, they go for Candyland (or something else that's for 3 and up).  How that can tie into whatever the Upside Down has planned for them next I don't know but it could be funny.

Also, since both seasons happened in late October/early November, I'm assuming that time of year may have some significance.  If so, I hope they start exploring the whys.

• Love 2

I just need to see Eleven learning some of the normal teen girl stuff and making more friends. I love her relationship with Mike, Dustin and Lucas, but imagine if Nancy starts tutoring her to get her ready for high school, or she and Max have "what is wrong with boys?" conversations about their group, or she and Steve Harrington have any interactions whatsoever. 

I also need more interactions with Nancy and Mike. Honestly, I keep kind of forgetting they're siblings.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

If the game the kids play at the start of each season is meant to hint at what they'll be facing, then I want 3 to open with them playing Candyland.  The set up is that the Wheelers and Sinclairs are both out for the evening (for whatever reasons) so Mike and Lucas are in charge of their respective sisters.  Everyone still gathers at the Wheeler house to play games but, because they have to let the girls play, they go for Candyland (or something else that's for 3 and up).  How that can tie into whatever the Upside Down has planned for them next I don't know but it could be funny.

Also, since both seasons happened in late October/early November, I'm assuming that time of year may have some significance.  If so, I hope they start exploring the whys.

I read this, slightly confused since Nancy is older than Mike, and then I remember that Holly exists.

• Love 3

I've seen some people say that they found Mike/Eleven too intense for kids their age, with Mike coming across as obsessed with El - and even though I love the bond they've got, I would really love to see the show explore the fact that they ARE a little too "full on" for a couple of thirteen year olds. They met and bonded in such extraordinary circumstances that I hope to see how they adapt to normal day-to-day existence together. Will Mike be overprotective and jealous? Will Eleven be clingy and shy? Will the adults be trying to pull the breaks on just how serious they are? There's some potential for some juicy character development here. 

There's also a potentially interesting triumvirate between Eleven/Mike/Will. When you think about it: in season one Mike was best friends with Will, but ended up bonding with Eleven in his absence. In season two, he was pining for Eleven while spending most of his story supporting and reconnecting with Will. Now for the first time his best friend and his love interest are in his life at the same time. How is that balance going to work? I'm dying to see how Eleven responds to Will, who she still hasn't met without him being unconscious. Could they perhaps grow close over their shared trauma? Or will there be an underlying competition for Mike's time and attention?

And obviously, Max/Eleven.  I felt really bad for Max after her overture of friendship was rebuffed, and as realistic as her reaction was, El really needs a girl friend her own age in the midst of all these boys.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Ravenya003 said:

There's also a potentially interesting triumvirate between Eleven/Mike/Will. When you think about it: in season one Mike was best friends with Will, but ended up bonding with Eleven in his absence. In season two, he was pining for Eleven while spending most of his story supporting and reconnecting with Will. Now for the first time his best friend and his love interest are in his life at the same time. How is that balance going to work? I'm dying to see how Eleven responds to Will, who she still hasn't met without him being unconscious. Could they perhaps grow close over their shared trauma? Or will there be an underlying competition for Mike's time and attention?

And obviously, Max/Eleven.  I felt really bad for Max after her overture of friendship was rebuffed, and as realistic as her reaction was, El really needs a girl friend her own age in the midst of all these boys.

What excellent points. Among the kids, I think Will/Mike and Mike/Eleven are the closest. I think there is bound to be a bond developed between Will and Eleven - there’s too much common history not to be, and Millie and Noah have apparently asked for scenes together. I’m actually interested to see if their offscreen friendship generates as much onscreen friend chemistry as Millie and Finn have. Then you’ll have an interesting story. I think there’s a real chance for jealousy on Mike’s part, and on a different show, with adult actors, I bet it would be a full on love triangle. I don’t want to see that here, and highly doubt they’ll go there, but there’s a basis for it in fictional tropes.

Will as a person and not a plot device is going to be interesting. When he’s not in crisis, who is he even as a person?  

Max and Lucas are grounded in reality in a way that Mike and Eleven are not. Without a looming crisis, how do they live day to day? This show pushes that Eleven/Mike pairing so hard that I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up marrying the two off.

Edited by EarlGreyTea

Oh, and I really want to see flashbacks to the month that passed between the closing of the gate and the Snow Ball (just as they explored what happened to Eleven after she escaped the Upside Down and ended up at Hopper's cabin). There has to have been a really heartfelt reunion between all the characters before they got back to normality. 

Some has been mentioned but for me:

1. Eleven(Jane) is introduced as Hoppers adopted daughter (We get flashbacks on how she spent the last year ) and emerges as much more well spoken but of course has rough spots. It's Max and Mike that have really helped her adjust.

2. The gang starts High School and quickly learn that life as freshman is rough. This makes the whole gang grow closer. Lucas finds that the older boys take notice of her and this really gets to Lucas.... AKA the typical HS stuff throughout season 

3. Hopper and Joyce are growing closer but not yet seriously dating. This bothers Will and is a backdrop to the season.

4. The Shadow monster finds a new way in to Hawkins unrelated to the current cast..... maybe #13 is out there, a person stronger than EL but also evil.

5. Jonathan and Nancy are still dating but  both are realising they have futures away from Hawkins and start to grow apart. Steve who is working for his Dad kind of councils the two of them into realizing that if you're truly in love than being apart won't matter.

6. Papa returns and wants Eleven back until finds out #13 is loose, he recruits this new character to his side and sets out to destroy Eleven and Hawkins..... 

Edited by Littlebitofcheese
  • Love 1
On 11/4/2017 at 11:25 PM, EarlGreyTea said:

Max and Lucas are grounded in reality in a way that Mike and Eleven are not. Without a looming crisis, how do they live day to day? This show pushes that Eleven/Mike pairing so hard that I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up marrying the two off.

This is funny, but by the time the fourth season rolls around, I could actually maybe see something like that happening, lol. Or them running off and trying to or something. By then the actors will probably be like 16 or so, so I am kind of expecting things not to stay entirely innocent, given the way they've handled the older teenage relationships on this show (Nancy sleeping with both Steve and Jonathan with no hint of judgment or anything). 

Everyone's already noticed how intense Mike and Eleven's connection is- it seems natural that it might grow even more so as they hit high school, which is what's next. I could see Hopper becoming disapproving of it.

• Love 1

I want Steve to finally win a fight against an actual person! The poor guy is great against Demodogs, but never seems to get the upper hand with people. The guy had a rough season, I just generally want things to improve for him. Becoming Hops new deputy is a great start. 

Of course, no one had a harder season than poor Will, and I want next season to go easier on him. That way, not only can he have some happy times, he can bond with El (I think that would be an interesting dynamic to explore) and Joyce can spend more time on things other than Will. 

I want to see El getting used to being at high school and trying to navigate "normal" life for a bit, until the Upside Down monsters return to attack. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I want Steve to finally win a fight against an actual person! The poor guy is great against Demodogs, but never seems to get the upper hand with people. The guy had a rough season, I just generally want things to improve for him. Becoming Hops new deputy is a great start. 

Yes! And if he can't win a fight against a human, I want him to at least comment on it. Like, "Fight a monster from the Upside Down? Sure, no problem. Fight a punk from California, nope, got my ass handed to me."

Oh, and as Hop's new deputy, he gets put in charge of watching El for some reason. Hilarity (and monsters) ensue. 

• Love 3

The first two seasons each covered maybe a week's time, which was proper pacing for the sorts of stories being told, but I'd be kind of interested in seeing a longer timeframe in a future season, just to vary the amount of character progression, etc.

• Love 2

I'd like all the characters to return. Steve being a coach or cop or something where he can still be involved in the kids lives and date 008.  Maybe a male 007 named James arrives in town as well?  ;-)  Please, no more of 008's stupid crew, though.

With Joyce and Hopper together, Jonathan feels like he no longer is needed as the man of the house.  Maybe he joins the army for the GI bill, and to learn how to shoot a gun and be a general badass like Vietnam vet Hopper.   That would be a good reason to get buff and lose the greasy-looking Kurt Cobain hair.  (Didn't grunge start later on?)   Or, he was kind of frozen like Will was when being taken over by the shadow monster.  Maybe he can be the next victim, giving Will a break for a season.

I'd like to see Billy have a purpose and some growth, his dad being the true human antagonist.

1 hour ago, Robert Lynch said:

Music for 1985!  Simple Minds' Don't You Forget About Me should open at the start of Season 3!

I'd love to hear this:

Will should be all over the Cure in 1985.

Also, PLEASE let Will get rid of his bowl cut. I've looked at mid-80's yearbooks and it's just not right for the period.

Edited by methodwriter85

Aw, everyone wants Will to catch a break, and I was thinking I wanted the conceit of the show to continue to be him missing or incapacitated while everyone takes care of business.

On 11/6/2017 at 1:22 AM, ruby24 said:

This is funny, but by the time the fourth season rolls around, I could actually maybe see something like that happening, lol. Or them running off and trying to or something. By then the actors will probably be like 16 or so, so I am kind of expecting things not to stay entirely innocent, given the way they've handled the older teenage relationships on this show (Nancy sleeping with both Steve and Jonathan with no hint of judgment or anything). 

Everyone's already noticed how intense Mike and Eleven's connection is- it seems natural that it might grow even more so as they hit high school, which is what's next. I could see Hopper becoming disapproving of it.

Someone needs to make sure Eleven knows where babies come from.  (I'd actually be curious to know more about her education.  Can she read aside from what Hopper had been teaching her in the past year?  What does she know about the world?  I like the suggestion above that she turns out to be a math genius.)

I don't really want to see more of 008's gang, or Max's family.  (I think I might have liked Max more if she'd been played played by a different actress.)

Edited by janie jones

My wish is that this show would stop making all the adult men into idiots and assholes. It's grown tiring. I love how strong the women are. Can we see the same for the men?

The closest it comes is Hopper, and he is clearly flawed, controlling and not always that bright. Bob was originally supposed to be an asshole, according to the "Beyond Stranger Things"  special and interviews, and only became sweet (though clueless) because they liked Astin so much.

Even the teen becoming a man (Billy) is an asshole. Stop it, show. 

2 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Isn't sheriff in small US towns an elected position? Hopper running for relection next season could be fun since i don't see how a guy like that could put up with politics.

I think so. However, I feel like he has had this job for a long time and nobody has any reason to not continue to have him as the sheriff.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Isn't sheriff in small US towns an elected position? Hopper running for relection next season could be fun since i don't see how a guy like that could put up with politics.

Hopper is referred to as a police chief, not a sheriff, from what I remember.

• Useful 1
On 11/1/2017 at 11:32 PM, Last Time Lord said:

We're two seasons into this series, and there's always tons of fan theories and fan desires that make speculating all the more fun, regardless of how off the wall they may be.

To start this thread off, before the series ends, I really want to see a lock and load montage/ seeing our heroes going for forth to take on the latest fearsome creature from the Upside Down set to Fleetwood Mac's The Chain.

I would also like Joyce and Hopper to get together, and pretty much create the Brady Bunch from hell. They've always had great chemistry together, and it'd be nice to see some interaction between Will and Eleven, who IIRC have never been in a scene together, which is weird because their actors are said to be best friends in real life.

Yes to all of this!

Re Joyce and Hopper, I too would like them to see them get together, but I'd love it to be a slow burn. They clearly have a history, and I'd like to see that explored.

I'd also like to see Eleven and Max become friends. 

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 1

These people remember to contact each other in the early episodes when weird shit first starts happening. Just the instant one of the kids sees something weird and Upside Down calling the adults. Or calling one of the older teens who then calls an adult. And they use their odd little Scooby Gang to begin investigating early with lots of cooperation.

On 11/1/2017 at 11:32 PM, Last Time Lord said:

Also, just realized this thread is where my idea to make this came from.

• Love 1
On 12/5/2017 at 10:22 PM, bettername2come said:

These people remember to contact each other in the early episodes when weird shit first starts happening. Just the instant one of the kids sees something weird and Upside Down calling the adults. Or calling one of the older teens who then calls an adult. And they use their odd little Scooby Gang to begin investigating early with lots of cooperation.

Also, just realized this thread is where my idea to make this came from.

Awwwww! I was an inspiration! ^__^

(edited)

I assume no one's coming here without seeing season three but let me put some spaces just in case:

1. Season 4! Sometimes I'm a simple woman...

2. Hopper alive!

3. Steve gets romantic love!

4. The return of the nail bat!

5. Let's say three episodes where the entire party works together instead of just throwing them back together at the end of the next to last/beginning of last episode like they have been.

Edited by bettername2come
  • Love 2