Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E11: Hall of Fame Week

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

The episode topic is spoiler free. Discuss only what was seen in the episode. Adding spoilers from knowledge gleaned from spoilers social media or rumors is not permitted in episode topics. In that spirit, don't hint spoilers either. 

Emmitt Smith has an account on this forum. He STANS for the DCC. I love it. 

Also, in the LITTLE we have seen so far... this is my favorite episode. So much dancing, so much behind the scenes. YES CMT. 

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 16

I thought it was hot and humid in Texas and the girls had been practicing outdoors there.  Wonder what the difference was in Ohio?  Loved the dancing and at least it wasn't in those hot track suits they wear.  Emmitt Smith seems a class act.  Thought Judy and Kelli looked gorgeous as usual (note the envy on my part!!)

• Love 2

Okay @ShellyB serious question. FANTASTIC episode thus far, I could literally watch a show with K&J and the veterans. But! Just to clear up the air, why didn’t they PLAY ‘Handclap’ when they were actually dancing to it instead of playing ‘Handclap’ when they were dancing to a completely different routine?

i just wish the music matched up, this episode has been phenomenal so far otherwise 

• Love 3

Christina has the personality of a piece of tofu. 

Jessika should retire after this season. I don't see her making it back. 

STILL doing intros? Get all these or with in the beginning. Super out of place with 2 episodes left. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 9

Kelli said 'perfect.' I feel like we've never heard her describe a practice/performance as perfect. Was nice to hear.

How in the world do these girls remember all of their routines? That has always blown my mind (and I feel like I have a pretty decent memory myself but no way could I remember all of that).

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Jenna texting about point? Girl bye, you're lucky you're still on the team.

I audibly groaned. I didn’t know about that Shelly text but I -honestly- believe she would have gotten point back had she not sent it. Damn it Jenna!!!!

on the other hand, I understand Jenna’s perspective. ‘Let me know if I should be working towards something or if this is my new reality. That’s all.’ And I  Feel like she would have been fine either way. But this? Mmm....

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 7

Kelly's talk with Jenna was uncomfortable to watch. Jenna, it's been a few days, get over yourself and get humble. It was like watching a pre teen whining to get her phone back.

I prefer Kashara at point, she's bubbly.

Speaking of uncomfortable to watch, why is Christina still on my screen? 

I went to the Pro Football Hall of Fame about 20 years ago. It was a dump. Looks much nicer now.

Lots of music switches this week, got a bit annoying. 

• Love 7

I loved this episode because we got to see so much dancing, and so much of the vets. I know the show is named MAKING the team, so it implies focus on the rookies....but it was really cool to see the top dancers on the team pulling together in a challenging scenario and see how they handled it.

• Love 9

I agree that more focus on the dances is awesome to see!  They all looked really good at the HOF game. It was nice to see a positive not so much drama filled aspect this time. 

Dang Kelsey is gorgeous!  

I feel for Christina. She's doing her best and it never seems enough.

Jenna, SERIOUSLY?!!! What an entitled brat she is! She's only proving she's out for herself and the spotlight. She ruined it. That was a completely stupid and unnecessary move on her part. Kelli really put her in place and hopefully knocked her down a few notches. I just don't buy that she loves the team. If she did, being point would not be her focus. Girl needs to move on after this season! I think her coming back was a disaster this year and she would look foolish trying again next year.  

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

Speaking of uncomfortable to watch, why is Christina still on my screen? . 

I cannot understand for the life of me why they are keeping her around.  She is so sub par it's ridiculous.

• Love 10

CMT or someone at the Cowboys hates Jenna lol. Now, I don’t know if Shelly is close to the girls and someone who they feel they can talk to or if this was a convo that Jenna should’ve known would get but would get back to K&J, but that text didn’t strike me as a huge deal, honestly. She definitely shouldn’t be whining about point, but that seemed more of a “can you go ahead and let me know if I’m not going to be point again, so i know what to expect,” not a “it’s my position and I should get to keep it” thing. But who knows what the intent was. Regardless, please let this be the last mention of this nonsense. Over it!

I loved this episode though, other than that rather unnecessary scene IMO. I liked all of the Canton scenes. 

I feel like there has been a surge of dance scenes the last couple of weeks, which I appreciate.

She doesn’t get enough praise on the show, but Lacey is beautiful and a wonderful dancer!!!! #TeamLacey

• Love 11

Wow! I really cannot believe how much defense there is of Jenna? Really?! C'mon, there's seriously no other way to explain that behavior. She's only proving more and more how self centered she really is. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

CMT or someone at the Cowboys hates Jenna lol. Now, I don’t know if Shelly is close to the girls and someone who they feel they can talk to or if this was a convo that Jenna should’ve known would get but would get back to K&J, but that text didn’t strike me as a huge deal, honestly. She definitely shouldn’t be whining about point, but that seemed more of a “can you go ahead and let me know if I’m not going to be point again, so i know what to expect,” not a “it’s my position and I should get to keep it” thing. But who knows what the intent was. Regardless, please let this be the last mention of this nonsense. Over it!

I loved this episode though, other than that rather unnecessary scene IMO. I liked all of the Canton scenes. 

I feel like there has been a surge of dance scenes the last couple of weeks, which I appreciate.

She doesn’t get enough praise on the show, but Lacey is beautiful and a wonderful dancer!!!! #TeamLacey

3 minutes ago, Teresa said:

Wow! I really cannot believe how much defense there is of Jenna? Really?! C'mon, there's seriously no other way to explain that behavior. She's only proving more and more how self centered she really is. 

First I think that Jenna should have been mature enough to have a FACE to FACE conversation rather than a text which is a more coward way sort of like breaking up with a boyfriend that way.  Then I think they could have heard whether she was sincere by looking at mannerisms, eye contact, voice tone.  I have not seen that there is huge support for Jenna rather that she has severely fallen from grace and people are fed up with it.

On another subject, Kelli has a tweet that is for captioning and it is Judy yelling something while Kelli is in red standing beside her.  What caught my eye was it appears someone behind her is hold large face cutouts of Judy and Kelli on sticks.  Wonder about those.  Shelly can you help us out concerning those heads??

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Teresa said:

Eeh, not so much a defense of Jenna, just an acknowledgement of reality, at least at my place of work. I fully admit though that I’m a bit jaded. At my job, people are commonly on edge, everyone vents, everyone always wants to be the first to know everything, and everyone always wants to know where they stand. A text like that would not even register. The boss wasting your time (billable time) to discuss a whiny text that you sent would be unusual. (ETA: I can’t imagine someone screencapping a text convo and sending it to the boss at my job. Something like that would spread like a wildfire, which is another reason why that whole thing was unusual to me). Again though, my job is unlike DCC in structure, attitude, etc. I get that.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 4

I must be the biggest sap in the world. When Christina was being told about her kicks, from K&J on the Tower, and she tilted her head and looked upward, I thought she was so pretty and precious there. (You get these waves of "Awww. Poor thing.) When The DCC performed at the HOF,I teared up  I was so proud of them.  Jenna, those eyes. Baby Doe.  I felt sorry for her, too.  

Maybe this show and I are a lot closer than I thought  

• Love 11

Y'all know I'm a big critic of Jenna, but I actually understand where she was coming from.... she wanted to know where she stood, and if she'd totally blown it. 

This is a prime example of why you don't have conversations like these via text or email. It's difficult to convey tone. The right thing to do would've been a. Man up and talk to Kelli directly, choosing your words carefully so as not to come off whiny and entitled or b. Suck it up and keep your mouth shut

Texting Shelly a week after you've been put on probation was just stupid. Jenna is not so  bright. 

• Love 15

Even though I don’t think Jenna should be cut, I do think that it was very immature to send that text. 

Several girls are much more fluffy than I’m used to seeing in DCC world. 

Who did Christina pay off? ?

#TeamLacey

What’s up with those doubles Maddie? Time for some true technique classes. 

I used to be so perplexed at the abundant boob jobs. Now I’m like “Grab a cab, come on see the wizard on Park and 73rd!” #ChorusLineShoutOut. There sure are some underendowed girls there!

Question: How exactly are the sideline routines run? I’ve never been to a game so I’m clueless. I always thought that the same songs played for the same dances, but now it seems like the group leader calls out what dance to do no matter what song is playing?

Edited by exitstageleft
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

I thought it was hot and humid in Texas and the girls had been practicing outdoors there.  Wonder what the difference was in Ohio?  Loved the dancing and at least it wasn't in those hot track suits they wear.  Emmitt Smith seems a class act.  Thought Judy and Kelli looked gorgeous as usual (note the envy on my part!!)

According to someone on Facebook, Texas is a dry heat and Ohio has a humid heat.  If you aren't used to it, it's unbearable.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, exitstageleft said:

Question: How exactly are the sideline routines run? I’ve never been to a game so I’m clueless. I always thought that the same songs played for the same dances, but now it seems like the group leader calls out what dance to do no matter what song is playing?

Sideline routines are often “tags” which is just a choreo the group leader initiates to whatever song is played, quarter changes are the rehearsed choreo we see on the show. Sometimes the tags are the same, but they could be different. It’s just whatever the GL thinks fits the counts basically. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

According to someone on Facebook, Texas is a dry heat and Ohio has a humid heat.  If you aren't used to it, it's unbearable.

It's the difference between a hot oven (dry/Texas) and a hot sauna (humid/Ohio). Humidity is no joke. It somehow makes you feel like it's twenty degrees hotter.

• Love 6

Jessica is so thick and soft in the middle.  Plus she messed up and held up the wrong hand at  the end of the kickline - can't believe they are letting her slide.

Keyra seems so gymnast thick - every time I look at her figure it reminds me of Vivian's first year in training camp when she was cut for having a lot less thick/athletic figure.  And that was really the only reason she was cut that year.

Rachel very thick too.

The hall of fame footage was great - I really enjoyed the tour when I really didn't expect too.

Oh my re: Jenna.  I kind of felt bad for her w/ that text.  Wonder if she felt that Shelly would keep their conversation confidential?   I hate seeing people thrown under the bus that badly, no mater what they are like.   So she was just asking if her losing point was permenant and K&J took major offense - kind of seemed like the way a parent gets mad at a kid who asks if they can come out of their room yet and ads another hour to the punishment.   Jenna must really love being a DCC to not up and quit after how Kelli was towards her in that meeting - she was so cold towards her, and it was on film - this is a job that pays next to nothing, so it's not like she needs the money.   Let's face it too, Jenna is a much better dancer and performer than Kashara - so the team would look much better w/ her at point.

If it were up to me, I'd cut Christina, Rachel and Jessica.  Probably Keyra too.   No 36 member squad this year if it were up to me...

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 8
37 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

We have a lot of humidity here in Baltimore...it feels like you hit a wall when you walk outside and it is hard to breathe sometimes...I can't imagine performing for an entire game if you were not used to it.

I loved how Kelli gave a shout out to Lacey and Jinelle for leading the team for the HOF game. 

• Love 6

I live in Dallas now. I will say that it can be humid here for sure. This past summer has been moreso than usual. West Texas is dry and East Texas is very humid. So Dallas being in between kinda has a mix of both. Not too dry but not overly humid either.  I am guessing the midwest humidity of Ohio was much more than they deal with here normally. 

Jenna's an idiot. I don't feel bad for her AT ALL. I think Kashara is great at point. I hope she stays there. I don't know why people keep harping on her dancing. She looks pretty good to me! 

• Love 9

I haven't seen the episode yet, but have been reading some posts. Regarding Jenna asking her question (which I think was a reasonable question, but not reasonable to ask this soon after her censure) via text - its not unusual in this age of mass technology for young people to use text for a lot of things they shouldn't. All they're thinking is expediency, not about what's appropriate. A coworker once told me an employee texted in her resignation notification! When she told the girl she needed to submit her resignation in writing, the girl didn't understand why the text wasn't good enough. She said my friend could "print out her text." Lol. Anyway, just an observation.

Can't wait for Google Play to post the episode!

• Love 3

I didn't like the way Savannah was talking about Judy's corrections as nit picky.  Savannah did look sluggish and wanting a crisp/sharp head pop was actually a very precise fixable correction...I mean sometimes Judy will just say clunky or something where I know what she means with overall effect but it is hard to take as "notes" and correct.  It may be stressful, but I would take correction like that any day rather than just being cut!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

Can someone fill me in on what Jenna texted Shelley? Haven’t had time to see the show yet! 

She asked about whether she would ever be point again, something along those lines.

Spoiler

Welp. They are never gonna show us what happened with Erica, as expected.

• Love 2

I think not only Jenna asking about her position as point so soon after she was placed on probation or sanctioned was inappropriate and does indicate she is thinking about herself rather than the team overall.  I also think at issue was approaching Shelly while Kelli and Judy were out of town is a little like going behind the boss' back.  I don't think she meant it as an end run around Kelli, but that is how it reads.  

Loved all the dancing they showed for prep and performance of HoF!  Good job CMT, more of this!

• Love 6
7 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Y'all know I'm a big critic of Jenna, but I actually understand where she was coming from.... she wanted to know where she stood, and if she'd totally blown it. 

This is a prime example of why you don't have conversations like these via text or email. It's difficult to convey tone.

Texting Shelly a week after you've been put on probation was just stupid. Jenna is not so  bright. 

I would have taken it like a champ and asked before the first regular season game.

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

We have a lot of humidity here in Baltimore...it feels like you hit a wall when you walk outside and it is hard to breathe sometimes.

I'm just outside Philadelphia & I concur..I love humid weather, but it could get pretty wicked here.  If I go for a run in the summer, even before sunrise, I have a much rougher time, because when you sweat the humidity won't let it evaporate.

5 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

So she was just asking if her losing point was permenant and K&J took major offense - kind of seemed like the way a parent gets mad at a kid who asks if they can come out of their room yet and ads another hour to the punishment.  

LOL that's what I thought.  Like "well I wasn't going to make this permanent but now I am!"

1 hour ago, Mardo2044 said:

I also think at issue was approaching Shelly while Kelli and Judy were out of town is a little like going behind the boss' back. 

IMO that's exactly what it was, she wanted Shelly to spill something that would have been said to her privately.  I'm sure Shelly is friendly with them, but she's not their friend, she's one of their bosses (if I'm understanding Shelly's role correctly).

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5