Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E11: Hall of Fame Week

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Chelsea was a veteran in season 8 who was cut during camp because her attitude was "toxic". She basically mocked Kelli and Judy when they called her in for weight gain, among other things. You should definitely go back and watch! It is so satisfying watching her snotty little self get cut

And Vivian. OMG Vivian. There needs to be a thread on this site just for Vivian. 

Lol Vivian that poem will go down in history!!!!

Chelsea goes from, "The fatties are here" to all innocent church girl in K&Js office "I was just trying to comfort my friends in their time of solace." Sorry but still hilarious.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

I have been wondering the same thing. Have they ever kept an injured vet around THIS long who isn't able to dance or practice at all? We've seen girls hurt in the past and sit out here and there but to sit out ALL summer seems like a waste of everyone's time. 

My thing is, they are at the Star and not that older studio. So essentially, Erica is traveling 50 minutes in each direction to sit on turf from 7-midnight 5 days a week? Girl. 

Do you even get paid if you don’t perform? This is episode 11 and she’s still..... on the floor. 

• Love 2

I really enjoyed the music played during this episode.  Sounds like I am in the minority but I absolutely love the hand clap song.

REALLY sick of Jenna.  I never liked her and have been overloaded with her this season.  I hope this is her last year.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, mmm said:

I actually used to really dislike Jenna but always thought she's good dancer. I think biggest problem is that Jenna is visibly the better dancer (I have a dance background)  but I watch the show with people who don't have any and are total casuals never remember the girls or their names but I remember when they was announcing the group leaders I was watching with my cousin who is a total casual watcher of the show and when they mentioned Jenna she said "Obviously she's clearly the best one".

I actually love Kashara but I just think Jenna is far better dancer. 

I agree with all of this. Jenna is an excellent dancer AND an outstanding performer. As we've seen with many TCCs and DCCs, there are a lot of girls who are one or the other but not both. This year it's even more obvious. Even in the long shots on the field, Jenna stands out because she has not only the technical skills but a lot of sparkle and sass when she performs. I'm sure that's why Kelli and Judy are reluctant to cut her. In any year, Jenna is an asset on the field, but this year it's even more obvious because there are a lot of lackluster girls who just fade into the background. 

2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I think Keyra is really lucky that she’s a power dancer in a year with very few power dancers. Another group of girls, and I think she would be a goner. Regardless of how strong her dance is, Kelli clearly doesn’t like her look.

ITA - if a girl made those faces and photographed like that but Kelli didn't like her (or need her as she does this year), she would have been cut earlier in training camp with "she doesn't have the right look for DCC." I don't think Keyra is unattractive but her dancing is what's keeping her around because they don't have a lot of power dancers this year. 

1 hour ago, milehigh said:

i played D1 college basketball and have had/witnessed many a talk with a coach re: starting/playing time, which is the exact (and incorrect parallel kelli tried to draw). its normal. it’s clear kelli and judy are agitated with jenna, but frankly i find their leadership to be lacking and a lot less than world class in handling a team member and leader 

I think the difference is they tell the girls that they're the equivalent of D1 but treat them like they're in little league. 

24 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

I have been wondering the same thing. Have they ever kept an injured vet around THIS long who isn't able to dance or practice at all? We've seen girls hurt in the past and sit out here and there but to sit out ALL summer seems like a waste of everyone's time. 

How long was Cassie injured?

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Going to clubs with Jenna. Practicing formations with Jenna at point. Stroking Jenna's hurt ego. I'm sure she kept them busy ??

I have been wondering the same thing. Have they ever kept an injured vet around THIS long who isn't able to dance or practice at all? We've seen girls hurt in the past and sit out here and there but to sit out ALL summer seems like a waste of everyone's time. 

Brooke was injured during a show group practice in Season 2's training camp (do not know which week the injury happened.) She had surgery around the time the team was announced and missed a few games before coming back.

Cassie re-injured her knee during a USO tour. She had surgery before training camp, and she made it back for her fifth and final year. She was active in training camp, but she did sit out a few times during the regular football season due to her injury.

11 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Brushing Savannah and Christine's teeth. Really....that is a week long job into itself.

LOL.   I just pictured someone walking around with a giant toothbrush.

• Love 2

More Jenna Thoughts... She's been in the organization since age 18.  She is now 24.  She peaked too soon and now she has the entire rest of her life to do what?  I think she stayed too long at the party because she's avoiding having to figure out who she is outside of being a DCC.  It's comfortable and safe there, and she gets all the perks of being a sort of celeb in Dallas and getting the royal treatment when going out to clubs and what not.  What does she do next?  Pursue dance somewhere else?  That's scary because she'll be just another pretty girl who can dance.  LA and NYC have hundreds of those.  She should have gone out on top and done what Jacie did.  Move onward and upward.  

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

Jenna is such a whiner.  She's lucky to still be on the squad.  When she said she congratulated Kashara that made the hug look even more self serving.  I believe the text is a big deal.  When you're in trouble at work, you try to fly under the radar but shine when you're being observed.  Make no waves.  Professionalism 101

EXACTLY. When you’ve stepped in it with management, keep your head down and let your hard work and humility do the talking. Jenna was sunk by her own immaturity and self-centeredness. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, kerrieway said:

All Shelly had to do is say to K&J, 'Jenna reached out to me and she wanted to discuss point. I told her to share whatever she had on her mind with you K&J." She didn't have to be a snitch. She forwarded a text, that was completely unnecessary IMO. I hope the rookies are watching and steer clear of any texts to Shelly or other DCCs, they will run to K&J when a simple, "I don't know, go ask..." would have sufficed. 

No, Shelly did her JOB. If I'm the boss, and I get the "Jenna reached out to me" news, the first thing I'm going to do is ask exactly what was said, and finding out it was a text, I'm going to say give it to me.  They have an employee who has taken unacceptable risks with the brand, who is on very thin ice, and they have to make sure she's not taking her frustrations out on the staff. 

I think there's a reason we don't see the office staff changing over the years. I think Kelli is a very involved boss, and she'd want to make sure the people in charge in her absence are not having to deal with bad behavior.

All that aside, I do feel sorry for Jenna. It seems she stopped maturing when she joined the team, because she's 24, has been in the same job for six years, and still hasn't learned how to behave professionally. 

That's why I cringe each year during tryouts, when the pretty 18-year-olds who have no life experience show up. If they make it, they get a crash course in how to dance like a mature woman, while inside they are just kids playing dress-up.

They become media darlings, and have no mental/emotional backbone to resist it all going to their heads.

I'd like to see the minimum age brought up a couple of years, at least.

• Love 21
7 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Jenna can definitely dance her ass off, but technical? I dunno. 

I have to agree with this. Jenna has more musicality than any of them right now, except maybe Cersten, but I wouldn't place her with the super technical dancers. I wouldn't place Sydney or Madeline as exteremly technical either, though. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tajalexander said:

Do you even get paid if you don’t perform? This is episode 11 and she’s still..... on the floor. 

Oh my gosh, that is the thing that drives my dad crazy (I dvr MTT because I can't get it at my house). My parents will watch with me sometimes and he always says he can't believe they make them sit on the floor, mostly when they are waiting to get called into the office. You would think the Star-chitect would have designed an office for Kelli with an ante area and seating for people to wait with dignity. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 6

When the girls were getting overheated at the HOF why didn't someone give Maddie  some ice packs in stead of water bottles?  I also thought when Maggie was bending over she was going to puke.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Shallan said:

Regardless, Jenna is the one who made this all possible with breaking her contract. She put K&J and Shelly in this position by her actions. I'm sure she has learned a huge life lesson it just stinks for her that it is being aired on national tv.

Except, I don't think she has learned it, yet. I hope Kelli and Judy can give her a little more time to grow from this. If she's cut, or quits, I'm afraid she will never get why this happened, and she'll repeat the behavior at her next job. Like I expect Holly to do. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, MelissaMinion said:

They have an employee who has taken unacceptable risks with the brand, who is on very thin ice, and they have to make sure she's not taking her frustrations out on the staff. 

I bet the whole "toxic" convo was because Kelli is concerned Jenna is going around complaining in front of the other girls about not being point, or is saying how unfair it is in front of the others. That can be bad, especially since it was pretty much her and the rookies. You don't want your new hires hanging around with someone who is pissed off about their position. It is toxic. Just sending a text to the boss isn't all that toxic, so I can't help but feel there was more to it than just the text. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I definitely feel sorry for her at this point ... it's a bit pathetic to be honest.  She should resign and move on with her life.  I do think tattling on Jenna served no purpose but to create drama.  Yes K+J want to know what went down while they were away but was that tidbit about Jenna important to the business operations / function of DCC?  Was it critical to their job or the success of the team?  Or was Jenna just confiding in Shelly and hoping to get some guidance/feedback from her.  I think Jenna should just cut her losses and leave the team .... why be around haters or people who are going to betray you or be rude to you?  Might as well just cherish the memories and move on with life.

The takeaway I had when Jenna was first called into the office the first two times was about her leadership. That text was an example of her thinking of herself and not the team as a whole. I have no problem with what Shelley did. That is her job....I thought Kelli had said you have to regain her trust. Timing is everything in dance as well as life. It would have served her better to get to a point. no pun intended;), where enough time had passed all while stepping up in her leadership role helping others etc and once the team was set and Kelli and Judy were finished with their hard decision regarding cuts and then have a conversation with Kelli and Judy directly. The problem with texting is sometimes with the written word it is hard to convey intent and tone. Jenna is learning some important life lessons. BTW I don't hate Jenna...I am sure she is a nice young lady

• Love 2
1 hour ago, NMDD43 said:

Going to clubs with Jenna. Practicing formations with Jenna at point. Stroking Jenna's hurt ego. I'm sure she kept them busy ??

Unless Erica is helping with the rookies? But then, she wouldn't have gone to Canton. I'm confused about her. Never really saw her as a team leader, so what does she do?

I really wish they'd show us some of the regular team practices. I love watching the group leaders training and helping the other girls. We'd get to see more relaxed dancing, and we'd see which group leaders are natural born teachers.  

Like, when Lauren said to Kelli that we only dance for you for a short time each week....during the rest of the time, how  is their progress being measured? Do K and J work from progress reports by group leaders, or do they go in blind to see what the girls look like after X days of rehearsal?

• Love 4

I grew up in Miami. Have lived in Colorado for the past 21 yrs.  Was just back in August. That humidity is no freaking joke.  It’s one of the main reasons I don’t live there anymore. You’re wet 24 hours of the day. It's gross. 

In other news, are there only two episodes left? I’m not ready for it to be over. This show is my crack.  It’s one of the only shows I have to watch twice, and then a hundred times more.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 8

I think it's a dog eat dog world in the DCC. Where snitching is not only tolerated but encouraged. I've never bought the "America's Sweethearts" we're all BFF's!  I bet their back's look like pin cushions. 

I like watching the dancing an all that, but I'd watch if it was Indianapolis Colts Cheerleaders. ? 

Edited by Lurk Err
Cuz Cheerlears isn't a word
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, MelissaMinion said:

No, Shelly did her JOB. If I'm the boss, and I get the "Jenna reached out to me" news, the first thing I'm going to do is ask exactly what was said, and finding out it was a text, I'm going to say give it to me.  They have an employee who has taken unacceptable risks with the brand, who is on very thin ice, and they have to make sure she's not taking her frustrations out on the staff. 

I think there's a reason we don't see the office staff changing over the years. I think Kelli is a very involved boss, and she'd want to make sure the people in charge in her absence are not having to deal with bad behavior.

If it all went down this way, with Shelly tactfully mentioning Jenna asked her about point and Kelly requesting to see the text, then yes Shelly had no choice but to do as ordered. I don't think that's what happened but I could be wrong.

The risks Jenna took were on her own time and to our knowledge didn't seem to have anything to do with her behavior as teammate during practice or towards managers. If anything she always seems like a whipped puppy when chastised so I don't know if she'd be giving anyone attitude. Even the text sounded more sad/desperate/emotional..."please tell me if I'm demoted my thoughts are all over the place."

But we ain't going to agree regardless...glad for the exchange of ideas though

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Lurk Err said:

I think it's a dog eat dog world in the DCC. Where snitching is not only tolerated but encouraged. I've never bought the "America's Sweethearts" we're all BFF's!  I bet their back's look like pin cushions. 

I like watching the dancing an all that, but I'd watch if it was Indianapolis Colts Cheerleaders. ? 

BLESS. So true.

13 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I have to agree with this. Jenna has more musicality than any of them right now, except maybe Cersten, but I wouldn't place her with the super technical dancers. I wouldn't place Sydney or Madeline as exteremly technical either, though. 

THANK YOU. Sydney is not on the team now, btw, but technical LOL. 

• Love 1

Jenna may have good timing on the field but her timing off the field REALLY sucks.  If she needs to have a conversation about whether or not she gets to ever be point again, let that wait for more than one to two weeks.  Let everything die down for a while then, in a quiet moment after some time (like a month or so) has gone by, quietly ask Judy and Kelli for a meeting then ask them if she's ever going to regain being point.  If they say yes, that's great.  If they say no, deal with it and know that she's not quite out of the doghouse yet.  Asking about point when it's barely been a week or so since it was taken away?  Girl, I agree that it's selfish, self-centered and rude.  Understand that you screwed up and could have easily been cut.  Be grateful that the most they've done so far is cut you from the Canton trip and taken away point. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Oh my gosh, that is the thing that drives my dad crazy (I dvr MTT because I can't get it at my house). My parents will watch with me sometimes and he always says he can't believe they make them sit on the floor, mostly when they are waiting to get called into the office. You would think the Star-chitect would have designed an office for Kelli with an ante area and seating for people to wait with dignity. 

Your dad is awesome.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, MelissaMinion said:

Just playing devil’s advocate, but it could also be because she’s a super absentee boss who’s never around. I’d love a job where I only dealt with my boss in person a handful of times a year!

1 hour ago, MelissaMinion said:

2 hours ago, tajalexander said:

Serious question, what was the point of bringing an injured dancer to a week long out of state dance performance? 

To visit VIP suites in uniform. To pose for pictures with people in uniform. She may sit around on her butt during rehearsal with her injury, but I bet she was making several hundred dollars a month or more in appearances. You can sit at a table and sign autographs or pose for pics with an injury.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Tess23 said:

I'm still bitter about Brennan being cut. Not only is she prettier and more fit than more than a few veterans and rookies, she's smart and would have represented the squad and the Cowboys with grace.

Well, you are right about her personality for certain.  I liked her personality alot.  I am convinced there was something about her face and photogenic issues that prevented her from being nudged one way in versus out.  She looks gorgeous in one instance and just not in another, IMO.  I don't know I could not figure what it was, the photographer said she "looks at you through her brow".

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Beana8 said:

More Jenna Thoughts... She's been in the organization since age 18.  She is now 24.  She peaked too soon and now she has the entire rest of her life to do what?  I think she stayed too long at the party because she's avoiding having to figure out who she is outside of being a DCC.  It's comfortable and safe there, and she gets all the perks of being a sort of celeb in Dallas and getting the royal treatment when going out to clubs and what not.  What does she do next?  Pursue dance somewhere else?  That's scary because she'll be just another pretty girl who can dance.  LA and NYC have hundreds of those.  She should have gone out on top and done what Jacie did.  Move onward and upward.  

Agree 100%.

Sort of OT but any guesses as to who is going to take over for Kelli and Judy when they retire. Not too familiar with the organization like a lot of you seem to be so who is in the wings to take over.

Edited by misssue
1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:

In other news, are there only two episodes left? I’m not ready for it to be over. This show is my crack.  It’s one of the only shows I have to watch twice, and then a hundred times more.

right with you on this

• Love 2
2 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Chelsea was a veteran in season 8 who was cut during camp because her attitude was "toxic". She basically mocked Kelli and Judy when they called her in for weight gain, among other things. You should definitely go back and watch! It is so satisfying watching her snotty little self get cut

And Vivian. OMG Vivian. There needs to be a thread on this site just for Vivian. 

Okay, now I remember. Wasn't she the one that was overheard by Kitty mocking J and K in  the parking lot(or something like that)?

I never understood Vivian as fan fav until I read here how she had her family and friends basically call and call for her. She was not DCC material when I saw her IMO.

• Love 2

Jenna may have asked Shelly to ask them for her.  It sounds like a "Do you know if K&J are going to put me back at point or when?  Can you find out?" type of thing.   But I agree that she should have kept her head down and just did her job.  It is like the kid on punishment who after only an hour comes out of the room and asks when they can get their phone back.

i love all the focus on Lacey this year. She's gorgeous.  

Loved all the dancing we got to see this episode. 

Love the camera guy taking pics on the field so they could look at the action shots.  I think they love Keyra because she is a powerful dancer and giving her that awareness to help her. She seems to take their comments and fix it.  She'll be beaming next rehearsal. 

And confession time. I LOVE Robin and always have but when she first tried out, I thought she looked "too cute" if that makes sense. Like little girl cute and not DCC sexy cute and thought it might hinder her. But now?  Wow!  She's perfectly cute and womanly. Sexy and friendly. Great dancer Love Robin.  It's obvious K&J love her, as does the camera, production.  They are constantly panning across her, Kelsey and Lacey.

i love that we see more focus on the vets also. After all they are still making the team.  This year more than ever shows you have to make it every year.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Jenna may have good timing on the field but her timing off the field REALLY sucks.  If she needs to have a conversation about whether or not she gets to ever be point again, let that wait for more than one to two weeks.  Let everything die down for a while then, in a quiet moment after some time (like a month or so) has gone by, quietly ask Judy and Kelli for a meeting then ask them if she's ever going to regain being point.  If they say yes, that's great.  If they say no, deal with it and know that she's not quite out of the doghouse yet.  Asking about point when it's barely been a week or so since it was taken away?  Girl, I agree that it's selfish, self-centered and rude.  Understand that you screwed up and could have easily been cut.  Be grateful that the most they've done so far is cut you from the Canton trip and taken away point. 

Exactly what I  said.  She should have waited a little longer while sucking it up and THEN she should have requested a meeting with them.  She screwed herself this season after they gave her the chance to redeem herself.

• Love 1

Interesting that Jenna wasn't called in first to the office. I feel like any time there were both vets and rookies called in, the vet goes first.  //but I could be wrong//

Aww poor Keyra. She thought she was being too sexy when that wasn't what Kelli thought at all. 

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 1

My Dean would see students who would want to complain about a faculty member.  The students would say something untrue about an interaction, the grading, a test question, whatever and go on and on.  The Dean would say, well, let me just call Professor Snotzlebotzel and check about this or ask her to bring the test question etc.  Then suddenly the student would start to back pedal when confronted with the truth and evidence.  I believe that giving Judy and Kelli the text ahead of time and their revealing it cut to the meat of the matter letting her know they knew the truth.  Been there, done that with a student

• Love 3
1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:

I grew up in Miami. Have lived in Colorado for the past 21 yrs.  Was just back in August. That humidity is no freaking joke.  It’s one of the main reasons I don’t live there anymore. You’re wet 24 hours of the day. It's gross. 

I live in Colorado too.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

ITA - if a girl made those faces and photographed like that but Kelli didn't like her (or need her as she does this year), she would have been cut earlier in training camp with "she doesn't have the right look for DCC." I don't think Keyra is unattractive but her dancing is what's keeping her around because they don't have a lot of power dancers this year. 

Which is why Kelli in a talking head came out and said Keyra does not have the typical DCC look but she has the right dance performance and spark or firecracker or whatever she said several eps back.  I am a big Keyra fan but they are correct to get her to smile and keep being the power dancer that she is.  She is right for this team this year and that is all that matters.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, kerrieway said:

If it all went down this way, with Shelly tactfully mentioning Jenna asked her about point and Kelly requesting to see the text, then yes Shelly had no choice but to do as ordered. I don't think that's what happened but I could be wrong.

The risks Jenna took were on her own time and to our knowledge didn't seem to have anything to do with her behavior as teammate during practice or towards managers. If anything she always seems like a whipped puppy when chastised so I don't know if she'd be giving anyone attitude. Even the text sounded more sad/desperate/emotional..."please tell me if I'm demoted my thoughts are all over the place."

But we ain't going to agree regardless...glad for the exchange of ideas though

No, I sort of agree with you, too. She did seem tiny in those conferences. I'm just not sure who the real Jenna is. I still think her hugging KaShara was sincere. I hope she can pull it together and continue to grow from this.

• Love 3

Woohoo! I got to see the episode tonight!

1. LOVED the dancing! Loved seeing the Vets in Canton. They sure turned on the professional there. They looked amazing.

2. Liked seeing the HOF. I had no idea J Jones was the 16th Dallas Cowboys person to be entered into the HOF. Wow. And the hologram was amazing!

3. There are 38 girls left in TC including Erica. Last week there was 39, then Brennan was cut. So Erica is still on the squad at this point. Since she hasn't been dancing pretty much the whole of TC, I'm sure she pulled out because of her injury. I hope they show it.

4. I thought KaShara was terrific at point. She was bright, together and very perky.

5. Re: Jenna - While I agree that her approaching Shelly with her "point" question was wrong person, wrong time - I thought she handled being confronted by Kelli very well. I do think if she had just kept her head down and worked her tail off, she'd probably have gotten point back during the season.  Guess not now. :(  This certainly wasn't how she figured her 6th year would be like, but I hope she's able to rise above her disappointment and focus on dancing with her teammates and friends. 

I thought Kelli was forthright and businesslike in her addressing the situation. Since Jenna couldn't hold her horses and just keep her head down, she should have at least waited to approach Kelli with her question. Approaching Shelly made it seem like she was going around them, even if that wasn't her intent.

It's also a common young person mistake, to go to someone in management they think is a friend, only to find out the hard way they aren't.  I'm sure Shelly is nice and supportive of the girls in most ways, but make no mistake about it; Shelly is DCC Corporate and reports to Kelli Finglass: Director of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. Jenna is a DCC employee.  Shelly can be friendly with the girls but when push comes to shove, she isn't their friend.  It's the same in management everywhere, and a mistake many people make. Looks like Jenna learned that lesson the hard way.

Anyway, I really liked the episode and think I'll go watch it again! :)

• Love 5
3 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

All that aside, I do feel sorry for Jenna. It seems she stopped maturing when she joined the team, because she's 24, has been in the same job for six years, and still hasn't learned how to behave professionally. 

That's why I cringe each year during tryouts, when the pretty 18-year-olds who have no life experience show up. If they make it, they get a crash course in how to dance like a mature woman, while inside they are just kids playing dress-up.

VERY fair point on Jenna. I don’t think I ever looked at it like that.

And far as the second paragraph, this is exactly how I feel when I look at Maddie. Even the nickname makes me uncomfortable (because I’m also a dance moms fan). Even in her individual interviews, she doesn’t give me.... mature woman.

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 4

I woke up this morning after having watched the episode last night and thought: man, all Jenna really cares about is being point? I do feel kind of sorry for her, but today I actually loved kelli calling her out for her selfishness. If you say you love the team, love your teammates and it’s practically your whole life, be grateful you are on the team at all. Even if you have to dance somewhere in the back. But after this episode it’s pretty obvious she came back, because she knew she could be point and have all the glory.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Not that anyone needs all the info, the text came after HOF and after a rehearsal that SG needed to be blocked, after Holly’s departure, for a show. So...I didn’t run, was asked about the entire week of rehearsal, plus that particular evening of SG. 

I don't read this as @ShellyB "running & snitching" on Jenna. More like @ShellyB was asked how the week & SG went & she replied "we worked on this, Jenna sent me a text (or asked) about point, we did that . . ." and K&J asked for more details about Jenna & the text & then asked her to forward it to them so they could ask Jenna about it. And, of course, as others have mentioned, there may have been more than just the text (Jenna talking to others, complaining, whatever) that we didn't hear about. I may be wrong, but I'm giving @ShellyB the benefit of the doubt.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, tajalexander said:

VERY fair point on Jenna. I don’t think I ever looked at it like that.

And far as the second paragraph, this is exactly how I feel when I look at Maddie. Even the nickname makes me uncomfortable (because I’m also a dance moms fan). Even in her individual interviews, she doesn’t give me.... mature woman.

Me too. When I see Maddie and hear her speak, all I see is Nicholas Hoult as a 12-year-old in About a Boy. She's talented but non-sexy people trying be sexy is so awkward. She's like a little girl trying to hang with the big girls. She just doesn't fit for me. I picture an Abbey Bear front and center on her bed. 

ETA: I know it's a terrible thing to say. She's just not my fave ?

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I don't read this as @ShellyB "running & snitching" on Jenna. More like @ShellyB was asked how the week & SG went & she replied "we worked on this, Jenna sent me a text (or asked) about point, we did that . . ." and K&J asked for more details about Jenna & the text & then asked her to forward it to them so they could ask Jenna about it. And, of course, as others have mentioned, there may have been more than just the text (Jenna talking to others, complaining, whatever) that we didn't hear about. I may be wrong, but I'm giving @ShellyB the benefit of the doubt.

Honestly, when the girls are allowed to come on here and give further information to defend themselves, I’ll give Shelly the benefit of the doubt. Otherwise, I don’t like getting half of the sides of the story especially when we’ve been previously told that there are NDAs and other agreements which require confidentiality (I would love to see or get more insight on the terms of that).

5 hours ago, Preity said:

I woke up this morning after having watched the episode last night and thought: man, all Jenna really cares about is being point? I do feel kind of sorry for her, but today I actually loved kelli calling her out for her selfishness. If you say you love the team, love your teammates and it’s practically your whole life, be grateful you are on the team at all. Even if you have to dance somewhere in the back. But after this episode it’s pretty obvious she came back, because she knew she could be point and have all the glory.

You know this is a point I go back and forth on. I kind of hate this mentality that employers love to drill in their employees’ heads that you should just be glad to be there and shouldn’t have further personal aspirations. It’s self-serving BS, IMO. Employers aren’t keeping employees around out of the goodness of their heart. They care about the bottom line and in the case of the DCCs, the end product on the field. If K&J thought they had good enough rookies to step up or if Jenna was a mediocre dancer, she would likely be gone. They’re obviously keeping her for a reason. It’s not one-sided on Jenna’s part.

On the point issue, I think Jenna walks up against the line of entitlement, which is not attractive. She is not entitled to anything. However,  I see nothing wrong with her coming back because she wants point or other things, but this goes back to me thinking the “just be glad you’re here” thing is BS. People want glory and accolades and to move up and be promoted, especially in competitive industries. That’s reality. Jenna is a 6-year vet who IS arguably the best dancer on the team. She was in the triangle last year so of course she wants to be point, which contrary to what some have said, is a big deal. Now that she screwed up, she has to adjust to that new reality that it ain’t happening, but it doesn’t bother me initally.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

Well, you are right about her personality for certain.  I liked her personality alot.  I am convinced there was something about her face and photogenic issues that prevented her from being nudged one way in versus out.  She looks gorgeous in one instance and just not in another, IMO.  I don't know I could not figure what it was, the photographer said she "looks at you through her brow".

I should have elaborated on my first post. I really don't want to name names since I'm sure the cheerleaders read this forum <waves> but there's one vet in particular who...just isn't pretty at all. She represents the brand well, though, and has been a credit to the team. Why her and not Brennan? I'm just a 50-something from the Midwest so what do I know. I'm sure Kelly and Judy had their reasons, but it just seems wrong.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

You know this is a point I go back and forth on. I kind of hate this mentality that employers love to drill in their employees’ heads that you should just be glad to be there and shouldn’t have further personal aspirations. It’s self-serving BS, IMO. Employers aren’t keeping employees around out of the goodness of their heart. They care about the bottom line and in the case of the DCCs, the end product on the field. If K&J thought they had good enough rookies to step up or if Jenna was a mediocre dancer, she would likely be gone. They’re obviously keeping her for a reason. It’s not one-sided on Jenna’s part.

On the point issue, I think Jenna walks up against the line of entitlement, which is not attractive. She is not entitled to anything. However,  I see nothing wrong with her coming back because she wants point or other things, but this goes back to me thinking the “just be glad you’re here” thing is BS. People want glory and accolades and to move up and be promoted, especially in competitive industries. That’s reality. Jenna is a 6-year vet who IS arguably the best dancer on the team. She was in the triangle last year so of course she wants to be point, which contrary to what some have said, is a big deal. Now that she screwed up, she has to adjust to that new reality that it ain’t happening, but it doesn’t bother me initally.

That’s true. I work for an a company where all the employees usually feel totally replaceable and that is kind of sad. But it’s also the other way around - the company is replaceable as well. I do think everyone has further aspirations, the girls on the squad are all good to great dancers, so it would feel unnatural if they didn’t. All I really ment wasn’t that in such a large squad and with  so many  girls auditioning every year, they have a lot of talent to chose from. Jenna is great now at dancing, but so are others (or they’ll get there). A lot of DCCs take a little time getting to that wow factor. So while I do think she adds a lot to the squad dancewise, I think she could definetly be replaced and nobody on the squad (or in any job) should feel like they are untouchable. Sort of the the same as why vets have to reaudition each year anyway I guess..

who came up to Jenna when she came out from her meeting? I don’t really remember, but it feels like it wasn’t mostly rookies?