Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E11: Hall of Fame Week

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

20 minutes ago, dcc.fan.always said:

I would have definitely cut Keyra and additionally, Jenna

Was Shelly ever point?

Yes...a couple of times. It rotated last century. We had more/other formations....argyles, X’s, triangles, diamonds, multiple blocks. We also did two routines...a feature routine with entrance and an end pose and then another travel sequence to a completely different song, separate kick line. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Yes...a couple of times. It rotated last century. We also had extravagant formations....argyles, X’s, triangles, diamonds, multiple blocks. We also did two routines...a feature routine with entrance and an end pose and then another travel sequence to a completely different song, separate kick line. 

Wow...that's impressive....Maybe it wasn't a bit deal to you, but I think point is a super special position

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, dcc.fan.always said:

Wow...that's impressive....Maybe it wasn't a bit deal to you, but I think point is a super special position

Never said it wasn’t a super special position, just that the girls don’t put a whole lot of emphasis on it. They are more interested in who is going to be GL and who’s going to make SG. 

Naturally, #msgbrdrs, make it a “who’s it gonna be”, it really is not among the girls. It’s a definite thought with K & J, but not vocal with the team. 

• Love 6

IMO Kelli and Judy are every bit as immature as they consider Jenna/Holly.

Someone in Kelli's position should've handled the convo with Keyra more tactfully. The way they talk about the girls when said girl is right within earshot makes me cringe... how in the world did Kelli get so far without learning tact?

Rewind, if you please, to the season with a TCC named Chandler.. during the cameo photo shoots they didn't like her smile and were quite rude about it. There was nothing wrong with the young lady's genuine natural smile. Season 9 or 10? Oy.

And Judy's critiques.... if you're going to have to continuously call someone out for being awkward WHY DON'T YOU GET UP OFF YOUR ASS AND SHOW THEM WHAT THEY ARE DOING WRONG. I saw her twitter post about wearing the wrong shoes to work... UM, don't you know where you work and what you do? 

• Love 4
On 10/13/2017 at 9:04 PM, UnicornKicks said:

Jenna can definitely dance her ass off, but technical? I dunno. 

Yeah - she's not going to be able to go after the same opportunities someone like Holly could - just doesn't have a technical background.

Rewatch comment - Christina's little bio segment - "I have taken every correction they gave me and applied it" - ummmm...no you haven't - your kicks and splits are still garbage.   Girl is lucky she has a cute haircut and they are desperate for team members this year or she would be gone.   She just annoys me so much.

I think Savanah is really cute.

I think Keyra should be cut - she doesn't have the DCC look or figure - she's also lucky they are desperate for good dancers or she'd be gone weeks ago. 

What a weak rookie class overall.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Yes...a couple of times. It rotated last century. We had more/other formations....argyles, X’s, triangles, diamonds, multiple blocks. We also did two routines...a feature routine with entrance and an end pose and then another travel sequence to a completely different song, separate kick line. 

I imagine it was a different performance in Texas Stadium.  From most seats other than close up and the little tiny flat screen up at the top,  it was entertaining to the fans to see the visuals of the poms in movement in different formations and seeing what the entire team can create as a large visual.  Now we can see the pores on someones skin.  LOL 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Princess Chloe said:

IMO Kelli and Judy are every bit as immature as they consider Jenna/Holly.

Someone in Kelli's position should've handled the convo with Keyra more tactfully. The way they talk about the girls when said girl is right within earshot makes me cringe... how in the world did Kelli get so far without learning tact?

Rewind, if you please, to the season with a TCC named Chandler.. during the cameo photo shoots they didn't like her smile and were quite rude about it. There was nothing wrong with the young lady's genuine natural smile. Season 9 or 10? Oy.

And Judy's critiques.... if you're going to have to continuously call someone out for being awkward WHY DON'T YOU GET UP OFF YOUR ASS AND SHOW THEM WHAT THEY ARE DOING WRONG. I saw her twitter post about wearing the wrong shoes to work... UM, don't you know where you work and what you do? 

I disagree.  I think that Kelli and Judy are rather nice in a business that is based on beauty and dance.  Both have been damn nice to Jenna and Holly, who could have/maybe should have been kicked off the team last year for this same shit.  In the modeling world?  Way worse.  In the professional dancer world?  10 times worse.

This episode was announced as week 8 of training camp.  One of the TCC’s actually said the first game is in 2 weeks.  There is no time for subtly as they need to finalize the team and prepare for the first game.  Keyra’s facials were B A D.  Yes, in hindsight Kelli could have been more subtle but she wasn’t. It startled Keyra but damn, she won’t do it again.  

When TCC Gina was being photographed she was told not to smile because she squints too much and it wasn’t working in the photographs.  Chandler smiled big and it didn’t work in the photos so she was told not to smile. Chandler didn’t make the squad for a variety of reasons.  He smile was one but they also didn’t like the way she moved her body and since she is a dancer, it didn’t work for them.  There was another TCC candidate (from Kansas City) that danced like she had a stiff neck.  She would have been a great DCC as would Chandler but their dancing style didn’t work for K&J. There was that fab ex-Miami Dolphins cheerleader who had “thut” and Kelli released her.  It’s their team.  All of this is completely normal.  It is not nice; it’s reality.

It’s easier for another squad member to show a TCC rather than Judy get up and show her.  By doing so it shows that the veteran knows what Judy is talking about and learned it.  So can the rookie. There’s a room full of dancers in the room that Judy has taught.  What is the purpose of Judy showing the 8-count?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

Keyra’s facials were B A D.  Yes, in hindsight Kelli could have been more subtle but she wasn’t. It startled Keyra but damn, she won’t do it again.  

I'll go further & say I didn't see anything wrong with telling her that "sexy" isn't who she is.  It's not insulting, it's not the same as saying she's unattractive, and to be honest sexy just isn't who everybody is.  Like calling Christina "sporty cute"..not an insult at all and I get what they mean, IMO Christina's looks screams more pro tennis player than NFL cheerleader.  And as has been said many times, Kelli puts together a team where there's something (appeal-wise) for everyone.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

When TCC Gina was being photographed she was told not to smile because she squints too much and it wasn’t working in the photographs.  Chandler smiled big and it didn’t work in the photos so she was told not to smile. Chandler didn’t make the squad for a variety of reasons.  He smile was one but they also didn’t like the way she moved her body and since she is a dancer, it didn’t work for them.  There was another TCC candidate (from Kansas City) that danced like she had a stiff neck.  She would have been a great DCC as would Chandler but their dancing style didn’t work for K&J. There was that fab ex-Miami Dolphins cheerleader who had “thut” and Kelli released her.  It’s their team.  All of this is completely normal.  

The dancer who had the "thut" was Megan Pravden from the Bucs. I really liked her and felt awful for her when she was cut because the uniform was not kind to her figure. IMHO, there was nothing wrong with her figure. If she could rock the Bucs Cheerleaders uniform, the DCC one would be within the realm of possibility. Ashley Paige was from KC. Yes, she was very stiff. Part of that, I think was personality. I don't think she ever chewed gum in school, for fear of getting caught.

Chandler was pretty, but she was not DCC pretty.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

I imagine it was a different performance in Texas Stadium.  From most seats other than close up and the little tiny flat screen up at the top,  it was entertaining to the fans to see the visuals of the poms in movement in different formations and seeing what the entire team can create as a large visual.  Now we can see the pores on someones skin.  LOL 

Texas Stadium was much more intimate. Even from the upper deck, you felt close to the action. We had seats on the field once- great view of the cheerleaders. They were so sweet.... they'd say hello as they walked by changing locations during the quarter changes

• Love 3
5 hours ago, dcc.fan.always said:

Jenna is a fool if she thought Shelly wasn't going to tell Kelly.....so basically, she makes poor choices and is not the sharpest tool in the shed....they should've cut her

If Jenna thought between Shelly, Kelly, and Judy this was going to be turned into some kind of gotcha moment where text messages are read verbatim in order to paint her as some sort of drama queen then yeah Jenna would've been playing herself...but we don't know what we don't know. 

Other posters have pointed out and I went back and re-watched the episode and yeah Jenna doesn't look surprised that Shelly told them about the text but her reaction was cut out when they read the text aloud. For all we know Jenna expected Shelly to know the answer or to ask K&J about it and get back to her. Again we don't know.

I've said before the only exception IMO for forwarding a text on Shelly's part is if K&J requested her to, this is her job so of course it'd be silly for Shelly not to do as ordered.

I've said before that it was all about tactful communication, this is not high school and forwarding texts and reading them aloud seems real immature to me. Especially since K&J and Shelly are in 40s/50s. 

Again all JMO, I realize others see it differently and I'm cool with that.

Edited by kerrieway
  • Love 2
On 10/14/2017 at 6:43 PM, Veronique Bette said:

I don’t have a dance or cheer background or any real knowledge of the DCC culture, so I have refrained from giving an opinion here on the Jenna point position question and how appropriately or not she handled her “demotion” from that position or her punishment in general, nor do I even specifically know what she did wrong in the first place, other than social media rumors. But just being a logical person, I don’t think it’s possible to judge how important the point position is to Jenna, Kashara or any other DCC, past or present, based on what a previous or current individual DCC might say. Right or wrong, to Jenna it was that important and that is why she did what she did and now must deal with the fallout. #Life lesson learned, #Whole life ahead

You're right, we are not inside any of the cheerleaders' heads. We don't know if on a scale from 1 - 10, how important point would be to each of them. 

What is safe to say is that because point is usually a senior vet who's on SG, point is considered a privilege/reward/honor by the powers that be. Some of those girls like Milan who's priority is her 4.0 might not want the honor but that doesn't mean the other girls who don't want/aren't qualified to be point don't realize that it is an important position/honor and therefore kind of a big deal. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ByTor said:

I was actually going to include this thought in my post you quoted, and you're right, we'll never know.  But I'm nosy, damn it!!!

So there with you! lol I wish there were affordable fly-mini-cams, then I have them all over the DCC headquarters and Kelli's office. :)

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, kerrieway said:

I've said before that it was all about tactful communication, this is not high school and forwarding texts and reading them aloud seems real immature to me. Especially since K&J and Shelly are in 40s/50s. 

There is nothing immature about forwarding a text to your boss from an employee who is asking about their position. Shelly couldn't answer the question so she forwarded the question to someone who could. It is no different than forwarding a work email that you can't answer, or giving a written request to the right person. Just because it was a text (which would be the immature part if anything was, asking a work related question that is important to you via text rather than something more professional, like an actual conversation) doesn't mean it shouldn't have been forwarded to the person who could answer the question. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

Also, keep in mind CMT and DCC allowed this snippet to be shown thus allowing us to analyze all we want. I watch this show because I enjoy the dancing but also I like the drama when it shows up. That makes it more real to me. It can’t always be 1 2 3 DCC woooo. DCC comes across to me as a sorority that 80% of the women have a great time in and the other 20% don’t. Just my perception. I feel bad for the ones who are giving it their all but you can tell they a) are in over their head in dance style, b) are not really into the pack mentality (not sure if this is a good or bad thing). To me, Kelly and Judy have always come across as wanting the best for the team and expect performers to represent that  

If they (CMT, DCC) show the DRAMA that occurs behind the scenes, the audience will discuss it. Don’t get mad if the story grows a life of its own—you all are the ones who let us see Jenna and Holly at pretty low points on the show. Then you all give the perception that there is coverup of other things (Erica) and the story again grows a life of its own because people assume and pull bits of info or rumors because it’s interesting to some when an America’s Sweethearts fails.  They should have reported the stories like when Kelly briefly said Holly resigned, that’s a wrap. But to show it and expect us to not jump to conclusions re: Holly, Jenna, Erica, prime positions, etc. is silly and amateur hour. It’s the internet and I think the producers and the DCC spies have forgotten that. 

“Thats my OPINION!!!”—T. Barney Judge

I love all of the this!  ?

Sometimes I feel like we're being a little judged for "overthinking" things on the show, or making things a "big deal" or wanting to talk about the "drama". Isn't that kind of the point of this forum though, to discuss, over-analyze, and share our thoughts? Lol 

We all watch television to be entertained, and frankly without any of the "drama", television shows would be a bit boring. I for one want to see the drama! MTT can get very stale without it. And frankly it's just not realistic to showcase these girls as being perfect all the time.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

There is nothing immature about forwarding a text to your boss from an employee who is asking about their position. Shelly couldn't answer the question so she forwarded the question to someone who could. It is no different than forwarding a work email that you can't answer, or giving a written request to the right person. Just because it was a text (which would be the immature part if anything was, asking a work related question that is important to you via text rather than something more professional, like an actual conversation) doesn't mean it shouldn't have been forwarded to the person who could answer the question. 

Except that everyone knows work emails will be forwarded as is and therefore employees take care to present a professional tone...text messages are not work emails.

I've sent work emails to my boss that were subsequently sent up the chain and I've usually received a group response back in email form from area supervisors with a CC to my boss. Did Jenna receive a text back from K&J saying they'd gotten a forward of Shelly's text?? We don't know.

Jenna's text didn't read like a work email that she'd knew would be read back to her by her bosses IMO...but hey that's just me. 

Thanks for your perspective.

Edited by kerrieway
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, kerrieway said:

I've said before the only exception IMO for forwarding a text on Shelly's part is if K&J requested her to, this is her job so of course it'd be silly for Shelly not to do as ordered.

How would K or J know that cheerleaders will be texting Shelly when they are out of town?  Shelly did her job and if you had Shelly’s job, you would have done the same.  I want to say something mean but I love the mods here so I won’t.  Enough with piling on Shelly.  She did the right thing. Jesus Christ.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

I agree with all of this; very well said. I don’t see anything inappropriate in what Shelly did or how Judy and Kelly responded, including reading Jenna’s message back to her verbatim. But then again, I’m one of those women in her ripe old 50s so I may be missing something... 

• Love 2
On 10/14/2017 at 9:16 PM, ByTor said:

Also, Jenna's face didn't drop when she was told that they knew about the text to Shelly.  I think the show is making the Jenna/Shelly stuff out to be a lot worse than it actually was.

Yeah - I noticed that on the rewatch.  Like Jenna seemed to think it was okay that K&J knew about the text and was happily waiting to hear the answer to her question and really wasn't expecting them to be angry - and then Kelli went all "how dare you even ask that you selfish, only thinking about yourself, lucky you weren't cut, ungrateful bitch?" on her.  Kelli was just really mean. Also, and I hate to go here, but I really doubt a man would be called selfish and "only thinking about himself" if he asked when he was going to get a high status position back at his work when he was being sanctioned or punished for something.  Heck, a man would probably go up and ask right away as soon as it was taken away so they knew what was going on - whereas women are expected to do things like go up and hug the less tenured person who took your position and be "happy for them", and then sit quietly waiting w/ your head down for them to someday maybe give you another chance to get something you worked 6 years to earn. 

After seeing Kashara being made point, it was probably killing Jenna the whole time they were gone wondering if that was just for HOF or for the full season.   Plus honestly, there is only a few weeks left before the first game - so how long was she supposed to wait?   The night before the first game after everything has been rehearsed that way for weeks?  Half way through the season?  I'm not sure when would be a "good" time for her to ask?

Regardless, Jenna obviously is very out of favor w/ K&J...and I'm not sure how she'll get back into their good graces this season.    Kashara will probably be point next season too if she decides to stay...  It will probably be best for Jenna to retire after this year, because if she tries to come back, my bet is she will be cut at finals and have to go through even more humiliation.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 3

This was a great episode!  The entire HOF portion was fun to watch.  I thought it was very touching when Kelli told the cheerleaders that Mr Jones had brought them to HOF because he was proud of them and they needed to be their best for him at this important moment.  

Seeing Judy teaching and correcting and Kelli and Judy critique the individual cheerleaders is so much more interesting than watching guest choreographers teach or Kitty shriek or Melissa simper.   I also love that they don't sugar-coat everything.  These are professional performers not nursery school kids.

Jenna is the author of her own problems.  Jenna has demonstrated she is a problem employee and in another business would be on a performance improvement plan.  Problem employees get discussed by management.  Jenna's text is an indication that she is disgruntled rather than contrite.  Shelly is not Jenna's peer.  She is part of management.  No way that text wasn't getting discussed.  In my place of work, texts, emails, instant messages and voice mails all get forwarded - they aren't confidential communications.   Its unfortunate that Jenna is so immature and doesn't have any work experience outside of DCC.  That bit about HOF being "taken away"  comes across as self-centered and emotionally unaware.  Hopefully, she takes this situation and learns from it before she has to take a job that requires more than being pretty and a good dancer. 

Edited by Glittery
  • Love 6

I was never a DCC so I can't speak for any of those girls, but even on my high school and college dance teams, of course we cared who was in the front and who was in the middle. It's hard to find a professional dancer whose mentality is "I hope I am in the back corner and no one sees me." You work your ass off to have good technique so it's not a stretch to want people to actually see you perform. It wasn't a big deal in the sense that you got a cake that said, "CONGRATS ON BEING POINT!" but of course people wanted to be front and center.

We had lots of different routines, some of which we did multiple times and some of which we only did once, so theoretically there was always the possibility of being placed front and center but in reality it was usually the same 5-10 girls who were in those spots because they were the best dancers and performers (it was NEVER based on seniority - if the person who performed the dance the best when we auditioned for the next performance was a sophomore, then a sophomore would be front and center). But because we had so many dances, it wasn't a guaranteed or permanent spot. Even when we did a routine again, everyone had to audition for that performance and then we would reblock the entire routine. 

I'm not defending Jenna here, but because the formation for the pregame routine seems like it's set for the entire season, I can see why she wanted to know if she had lost that spot for the whole season. I'm not saying she handled it the best way possible, but I understand wanting to know.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

After seeing Kashara being made point, it was probably killing Jenna the whole time they were gone wondering if that was just for HOF or for the full season.

The impression I have is that Jenna initially thought she was being replaced only for HOF, but then it sunk in and she was like oh crap, what if this is forever!  Hence the text, she probably sent it when she was feeling emotional, which is the worst time to do something like that.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, PBSLover said:

How would K or J know that cheerleaders will be texting Shelly when they are out of town?  Shelly did her job and if you had Shelly’s job, you would have done the same.  I want to say something mean but I love the mods here so I won’t.  Enough with piling on Shelly.  She did the right thing. Jesus Christ.

We all have different opinions and different experiences, and that’s cool. No one has to agree, and frankly none of us have Shelly’s job so I don’t see how anyone can say exactly what they would or wouldn’t do in that situation. If you think she did the right thing, cool. Other people disagree.

Shelly is not getting piled on any more than the girls on the show. Her actions that were aired are being discussed just like everyone else’s actions m on the show. I’m not sure why we shouldn’t be discussing things that aired and involve her just because she posts here. CMT and K&J decided to air that scene, when IMO it was unnecessary in the first place, but that’s on them, not us. Truth be told, my issue is more that I don’t think the text was noteworthy or wrong in the first place, not so much with anything Shelly did. Regardless though, it was part of the episode, so it’s appropriate to discuss in a topic on the episode.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Yeah - I noticed that on the rewatch.  Like Jenna seemed to think it was okay that K&J knew about the text and was happily waiting to hear the answer to her question and really wasn't expecting them to be angry - and then Kelli went all "how dare you even ask that you selfish, only thinking about yourself, lucky you weren't cut, ungrateful bitch?" on her.  Kelli was just really mean. Also, and I hate to go here, but I really doubt a man would be called selfish and "only thinking about himself" if he asked when he was going to get a high status position back at his work when he was being sanctioned or punished for something.  Heck, a man would probably go up and ask right away as soon as it was taken away so they knew what was going on - whereas women are expected to do things like go up and hug the less tenured person who took your position and be "happy for them", and then sit quietly waiting w/ your head down for them to someday maybe give you another chance to get something you worked 6 years to earn. 

After seeing Kashara being made point, it was probably killing Jenna the whole time they were gone wondering if that was just for HOF or for the full season.   Plus honestly, there is only a few weeks left before the first game - so how long was she supposed to wait?   The night before the first game after everything has been rehearsed that way for weeks?  Half way through the season?  I'm not sure when would be a "good" time for her to ask?

Regardless, Jenna obviously is very out of favor w/ K&J...and I'm not sure how she'll get back into their good graces this season.    Kashara will probably be point next season too if she decides to stay...  It will probably be best for Jenna to retire after this year, because if she tries to come back, my bet is she will be cut at finals and have to go through even more humiliation.

^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS!!! I'm sorry but entire Cowboys organization is permeated with misogyny! Cheerleaders have contracts that spell out they can't fraternize with players but players are allowed to abuse and attack women left and right and have no consequences, not to mention pursue cheerleaders that are younger and more impressionable than them! If a player wondered about the extent of his punishment or a future advancement to a assistant coach or something, he would be given an answer without a second thought. No claiming that it's toxic or selfish or self-centered! I guarantee that no player is ever given the speech about how it's an honor to just be a part of the team and to shut up like all of the girls are! Excuse me, black players are when they decide to protest racism (I forgot how "honorable" Jerry Jones is more concerned about his tax cuts than his players' rights). Let's not talk about salary and privileges.

I'm an complete outsider, I live in Europe and have never even heard of DCC until I stumbled on the show online. My father likes American football so I know something about NFL, I did rhythmic gymnastic and danced through out my childhood so I know a little about dance. I don't understand how you all don't see the hypocrisy and misogyny in this situation at all. Kelli and Judy are not professional or sympathetic at all, nor is Shelly, frankly! When they give feedback, you can clearly see who they favor by the way they give clear corrections and instructions to those they like and vague comments without instructions on how to fix it to those they dislike(no matter their dance ability). Just think about all the "awkward" and "clunky" and "sloppy" comments without precise instructions on what they were doing wrong and then think about all the times girls who made the team were given instructions on how to fix their mistakes "finish your movements to the end","move your hips this way instead of this way","watch /insert veteran's name/ do it", etc. 

The only reason we saw Jenna's visit to the office about that text message is to humiliate and punish Jenna further and the only reason the text itself was an issue was to put Jenna and anyone who thinks about speaking up in any way at all down. There is all there is to it.....

• Love 5
On 10/13/2017 at 5:41 PM, 123DCCWoooo said:

I feel the same way about Keyra.  This training camp (including the vets) is one of the weakest I remember seeing in a long time - there are very few girls that have the "entire package."  Either they are powerhouses without the look (Keyra), or in constant, snotty RBF (Gina), or considerable weight gain (Jessika).  And that's not even mentioning the obvious rookies like Christina and Savannah that should totally be cut.  It seems like everyone has a pretty visible flaw.  In fact, I feel that's why they are keeping Jenna despite all of her off-the-field shortcomings.  Any other year, they would have shown her the door (especially knowing what it would do for ratings!).

IDK about this. I think they would have still kept her..just quietly.

On 10/13/2017 at 6:32 PM, Dccfanatic said:

Christina is a joke and should not be on the team period. She may be a nice person, but she is not flexible enough and it shows. I was shocked with how large Keira is. That girl has major, as K would say, "drum stick" thighs. Her stomach was not looking good either. Also she did not look friendly. Not sure why she is there. I thought Brennan had way more potential. 

Keyra is just "stacked." As far as the "friendly" thing goes, hopefully she switches up her expressions so that she's a bit more approachable..though I really haven't heard the "friendly" thing before.

18 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Never said it wasn’t a super special position, just that the girls don’t put a whole lot of emphasis on it. They are more interested in who is going to be GL and who’s going to make SG. 

Naturally, #msgbrdrs, make it a “who’s it gonna be”, it really is not among the girls. It’s a definite thought with K & J, but not vocal with the team. 

This. I didn't think it was as big as people made it out to be on here anyway. But hey..it's a message board..everything is a big deal here lol

17 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Shelly admitted point is A BIG DEAL NOW, not when she was DCC. She said big deal NOW.

Meh. The above seems to conflict with this statement. Per Shelly, "it's really not."

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Hotaru said:

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!!! I'm sorry but entire Cowboys organization is permeated with misogyny! Cheerleaders have contracts that spell out they can't fraternize with players but players are allowed to abuse and attack women left and right and have no consequences, not to mention pursue cheerleaders that are younger and more impressionable than them! If a player wondered about the extent of his punishment or a future advancement to a assistant coach or something, he would be given an answer without a second thought. No claiming that it's toxic or selfish or self-centered! I guarantee that no player is ever given the speech about how it's an honor to just be a part of the team and to shut up like all of the girls are! Excuse me, black players are when they decide to protest racism (I forgot how "honorable" Jerry Jones is more concerned about his tax cuts than his players' rights). Let's not talk about salary and privileges.

ITA - and what makes it even worse is that the DCC get paid almost nothing yet the onus is on them to be the responsible ones who stay away from the players. Meanwhile the players are making millions of dollars and they can get away with just about anything.

I'm an complete outsider, I live in Europe and have never even heard of DCC until I stumbled on the show online. My father likes American football so I know something about NFL, I did rhythmic gymnastic and danced through out my childhood so I know a little about dance. I don't understand how you all don't see the hypocrisy and misogyny in this situation at all. Kelli and Judy are not professional or sympathetic at all, nor is Shelly, frankly! When they give feedback, you can clearly see who they favor by the way they give clear corrections and instructions to those they like and vague comments without instructions on how to fix it to those they dislike(no matter their dance ability). Just think about all the "awkward" and "clunky" and "sloppy" comments without precise instructions on what they were doing wrong and then think about all the times girls who made the team were given instructions on how to fix their mistakes "finish your movements to the end","move your hips this way instead of this way","watch /insert veteran's name/ do it", etc.

Although Kelli and Judy always claim that the decisions they make are what's best for the team (which implies that they are being impartial), the truth is that they are very human and therefore biased. When they like someone (for whatever reason), they bend over backwards making excuses for them (I still can't believe they even let Megan Flaherty into training camp because it was really obvious that her dance skills were nowhere near where they needed to be, but Kelli was so in love with her Discount Julia Roberts look). When they don't like someone, they pick on things that they let slide with the other girls. If they didn't like Keyra, they would have already cut her with "our uniform is unforgiving and you don't have the right body type," "the boots make your legs look stumpy," "we don't think you have the right look," or one of the many other reasons they have used to cut girls in the past. Don't get me wrong. I think Keyra is a good dancer, but I think that between her body shape and her photos, if they didn't like her they would have cut her weeks ago because they have cut girls for having her body type and not being photogenic before.

• Love 2

Overall, I didn't really enjoy this episode.  It was nice that they featured the Hall of Fame game and it seemed like a fun event but everyone was so over the top about how important the game was.  It was just a regular pre-season game.  The game itself was not historic.  It was meaningless really.  Performing at the game was not the same as Jerry Jones getting inducted. The guy giving the HOF tour was also really over the top by stating that the HOF was "the most inspiring place in the world."  Give me a break.  I understanding promoting your place of work but I don't know how he could say that with a straight face.

Jenna must have known what they were going to talk about because she came in with her phone. I felt bad for her.  I can understand why Kelli was pissed off at her but I don't think she deserved being humiliated on national TV.  I'm sure there is more to the story on both sides but Jenna probably didn't need to be publicly dressed down.  She admitted she handled the situation poorly.  I wish Shelly would have given Jenna the same talk that Kelli gave her but in private. 

Keyra is cute and I hope she can make her corrections and make the team. Showing her the photos seemed actually helpful rather than some vague, incomprehensible comment that people often get.  

I like Savannah and I hope she makes the team!

Edited by iloveit
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Blndee6 said:

I’m one of those women in her ripe old 50s so I may be missing something... 

I'm 45 and so so grateful I was in my teens and 20s long before social media became a thing. All my embarrassing mistakes were left only in the memories of those who were there, not plastered all over the internet for everyone with a computer to comment on. I feel bad for this generation because every mistake they make is going to follow them the rest of their lives and is going to be analyzed and picked apart by us, the internet public. lol

I don't think, for those it is happening to, Jenna, K&J, Shelly, that it was a big deal. They addressed it and moved on. For us, this is what we do. We pick it apart because it has been captured on film. It's just the nature of the beast that is Big Brother Society (only it's not the govt watching us, it's us watching each other.)

• Love 2

I did wonder about the height range of the DCC squad during the HOF tour when they stood next to the shortest/tallest NFL players. The short blonde girl looked taller than Keyra so Keyra must be the shortest of their girls...maybe under 5'2 I'm thinking...I was trying to visually figure out how tall their tall DCC is, she looked perhaps around 5'10.

Edited by kerrieway
12 minutes ago, kerrieway said:

I did wonder about the height range of the DCC squad during the HOF tour when they stood next to the shortest/tallest NFL players. The short blonde girl looked taller than Keyra so Keyra must be the shortest of their girls...maybe under 5'2 I'm thinking...I was trying to visually figure out how tall their tall DCC is, she looked perhaps around 5'10.

I think overall they’re mostly pretty short this year, with a few exceptions. 

I wanted to feel bad for Jenna but Kelli is right, she's lucky to even be on the field. She's a 6 year vet and there's no excuse for what she did. They've cut vet's and TCC for the smallest things. I think this will be her last season. I think she needs to get out in the real world and out of the DCC bubble.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I wanted to feel bad for Jenna but Kelli is right, she's lucky to even be on the field. She's a 6 year vet and there's no excuse for what she did.

I feel bad for her in the sense that she probably had this idea of what this season (most likely her last) was going to be like, and she had it, it was right there in her grasp and she made a stupid mistake that snowballed into another stupid mistake, and now her "going out on top" looks impossible. She did bring it on herself, but I still feel kind of bad because I know how it feels to have one stupid mistake lead to another until you aren't sure you can even stop making stupid mistakes and everything is ruined.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

This whole thing with Jenna is a good reason not to conduct business using a text and the reason why email has a draft folder.  That has saved me many a time when I write when emotionally charged!

Stop and think before you hit send!

• Love 3
On 10/13/2017 at 10:56 PM, cherryblossom said:

My Dean would see students who would want to complain about a faculty member.  The students would say something untrue about an interaction, the grading, a test question, whatever and go on and on.  The Dean would say, well, let me just call Professor Snotzlebotzel and check about this or ask her to bring the test question etc.  Then suddenly the student would start to back pedal when confronted with the truth and evidence.  I believe that giving Judy and Kelli the text ahead of time and their revealing it cut to the meat of the matter letting her know they knew the truth.  Been there, done that with a student

Totally. My husband is a Dean at a university and boy oh boy do these kids try and get away with some bold face lies when they are so easy to dispel with a simple email or phone call. People also don't realize how quickly technology will trip them up, i.e. it is possible to tell when you really wrote this paper (after it was due and you were told you were going to get an F, not before it was due when your computer mysteriously "ate" it as claimed).

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I was never a DCC so I can't speak for any of those girls, but even on my high school and college dance teams, of course we cared who was in the front and who was in the middle. It's hard to find a professional dancer whose mentality is "I hope I am in the back corner and no one sees me." You work your ass off to have good technique so it's not a stretch to want people to actually see you perform. It wasn't a big deal in the sense that you got a cake that said, "CONGRATS ON BEING POINT!" but of course people wanted to be front and center.

I agree, what dancer wouldn't want to be up front? Shelly's most recent post about it said that the girls don't put any "emphasis" on it. I find that hard to believe. I get that the girls probably do not talk about it every two seconds, but she makes it sound like they don't put much thought into it one way or another. Maybe they don't appear to put much "emphasis" on it because look at Jenna, she is being crucified by them for focusing on it. So maybe that's why it appears the girls don't care about it, because they're scared of being labeled "toxic" or "not a team player" if they talk about point. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Hotaru said:

The only reason we saw Jenna's visit to the office about that text message is to humiliate and punish Jenna further and the only reason the text itself was an issue was to put Jenna and anyone who thinks about speaking up in any way at all down. There is all there is to it.....

I'll play the devil's advocate here and ask, "but who really decided to show that office visit and why?" While I am sure Kelli has some input (and Charlotte even more so), there is that little thing called ratings and "interesting/"good" story lines. I don't think Kelli or Charlotte told the editors to include that segment so that they could "put Jenna and anyone who thinks about speaking up in any way at all down." More like the editors said, "oooo, something juicy to include" and either Kelli/Charlotte didn't know about it; knew about it, didn't like it, but were overruled (not likely); or knew about it and were okay with it (most likely scenario). But to include it just to punish Jenna and warn others? Nah, they have better/more effective ways to do that.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, NMDD43 said:

I agree, what dancer wouldn't want to be up front? Shelly's most recent post about it said that the girls don't put any "emphasis" on it. I find that hard to believe. I get that the girls probably do not talk about it every two seconds, but she makes it sound like they don't put much thought into it one way or another. Maybe they don't appear to put much "emphasis" on it because look at Jenna, she is being crucified by them for focusing on it. So maybe that's why it appears the girls don't care about it, because they're scared of being labeled "toxic" or "not a team player" if they talk about point. 

I think this comes across as Shelly being out of touch with how the girls feel about it (and maybe forgetting how the cheerleaders during her time felt about it -- if it wasn't a big deal, honor, or something special, why bother to rotate?) as well as the need to maintain their "all sweetness and perfect sisterhood" image. Of course it is important for them to be front and center. There just aren't cat fights or huge discussions about it among the girls in front of the staff, cause, you know, you have to be a team player and not toxic and all. Think So Sharp (if you saw it) and all the cattiness/in fighting that was played up and shown on that show seemingly encouraged by the coach -- can't have that for "America's Sweethearts."

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:14 PM, dbell1 said:

Lots of music switches this week, got a bit annoying. 

I don't understand why they didn't send a playlist to the HOF DJ or plug in one of their ipods... this is 2017  - not having the music you need doesn't make sense..

8 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

ITA - and what makes it even worse is that the DCC get paid almost nothing yet the onus is on them to be the responsible ones who stay away from the players. Meanwhile the players are making millions of dollars and they can get away with just about anything.

Although Kelli and Judy always claim that the decisions they make are what's best for the team (which implies that they are being impartial), the truth is that they are very human and therefore biased. When they like someone (for whatever reason), they bend over backwards making excuses for them (I still can't believe they even let Megan Flaherty into training camp because it was really obvious that her dance skills were nowhere near where they needed to be, but Kelli was so in love with her Discount Julia Roberts look). When they don't like someone, they pick on things that they let slide with the other girls. If they didn't like Keyra, they would have already cut her with "our uniform is unforgiving and you don't have the right body type," "the boots make your legs look stumpy," "we don't think you have the right look," or one of the many other reasons they have used to cut girls in the past. Don't get me wrong. I think Keyra is a good dancer, but I think that between her body shape and her photos, if they didn't like her they would have cut her weeks ago because they have cut girls for having her body type and not being photogenic before.

I do  not think Kelli and especially Judy wanted Megan Flaherty into TC for the third time. I bet dollars to donuts it was Charlotte who wanted her in TC because she was drooling in her pantyhose over her so-called Julia Roberts looks. Paula T. and Courtney Cook made it into TC because Kelli and Charlotte like their looks. In my opinion, Paula could not dance her way out of a paper bag, and Courtney definitely was not DCC material even after making the team in Season 6. Judy wanted Lauren Gibler to make it into TC. You could tell she was not happy about Megan, Paula, Courtney and Stephanie Heyman making TC or Stephanie making the squad.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:35 AM, scorpio1031 said:

According to someone on Facebook, Texas is a dry heat and Ohio has a humid heat.  If you aren't used to it, it's unbearable.

According to this, the HOF inductees are announced in February.  ( link )The ceremony is in August. Granted you don't know which veterans would be around in August and just maybe the DCC was a last minute invite , but seems like there was time to have quite a few rehearsals before getting to OH. At the very least hold a few rehearsals outside (yes, the climate is different) and on a field w/o a big star in the middle. I think all fields but MS/HS level have something in the middle of the 50 yr line.

I asked about the heat difference b/w Dallas and the southern states (GA/TN/AL/) last week, when rehearsal was from twilight to moonlight, and everyone hair was perfect when they went inside. sounds like there is a difference and humidity can ruin a hairdo - unless there is some wonder product on the market. I wonder if the practice field (the place where K&J are in the tower) is air-conditioned too.

23 hours ago, kerrieway said:

If Jenna thought between Shelly, Kelly, and Judy this was going to be turned into some kind of gotcha moment where text messages are read verbatim in order to paint her as some sort of drama queen then yeah Jenna would've been playing herself...but we don't know what we don't know. 

Other posters have pointed out and I went back and re-watched the episode and yeah Jenna doesn't look surprised that Shelly told them about the text but her reaction was cut out when they read the text aloud. For all we know Jenna expected Shelly to know the answer or to ask K&J about it and get back to her. Again we don't know.

Again all JMO, I realize others see it differently and I'm cool with that.

I agree with them reading Jenna's own words back to her....If she was questioning their decision, she should have directly asked Kelly and Judy and not play these Junior High School games via through Shelly.  They called her out...nothing wrong with that.

• Love 2