Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Steve better not get self-righteous with Kayla. He has always kept secrets that came back to haunt Kayla. Marina, Jack, Ava, Trip and Harper have all hurt Kayla because of her association with Steve and his decision making without consulting her. 

Yeah, but you know he will because SN/Steve is leaving. So he'll probably rage and walk out on Kayla, and Ron can ruin them completely.

ETA: See this is the spoiler thread, so no tags are necessary! Oops!

• Love 5

It's one thing for Ciara to feel comfortable with Ben around, but she needs to consider her roommate's  feelings. If she's so determined to help Ben, then she needs to get her own place. 

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Sidney said:

It's one thing for Ciara to feel comfortable with Ben around, but she needs to consider her roommate's  feelings. If she's so determined to help Ben, then she needs to get her own place. 

It is so stupid and plot-driven. It is Ron doing what he always does...

Ciara is a heiress.  She has money from her maternal grandmother, Kiriakis money from Victor and whatever money and insurance that Bo left for her.  If she wants to be around Ben, then, she should move out.

I will be fast-forwarding this insipid story.  I know that Cin is popular, but, I find it offensive on so many levels..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

It is so stupid and plot-driven. It is Ron doing what he always does...

Ciara is a heiress.  She has money from her maternal grandmother, Kiriakis money from Victor and whatever money and insurance that Bo left for her.  If she wants to be around Ben, then, she should move out.

I will be fast-forwarding this insipid story.  I know that Cin is popular, but, I find it offensive on so many levels..

Agreed on so many levels.  I don't find Cin compelling in the least and the majority of that has to do with the actress playing Ciara.  She seems very young and immature in her scenes with Ben which contrasts with her lines about all of the guys who played her, as if she's a twice divorced 35 year old woman as opposed to her actually being an inexperienced 21 year old.  Couple that with Ben being a mentally ill serial killer and I have no idea how this is considered a great romance.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 6
On 8/4/2018 at 7:02 PM, Apprentice79 said:

Steve better not get self-righteous with Kayla. He has always kept secrets that came back to haunt Kayla. Marina, Jack, Ava, Trip and Harper have all hurt Kayla because of her association with Steve and his decision making without consulting her. 

As is par for the course with them, Steve, who has a list of wrongs he has done to Kayla and demanded her forgiveness for as long as ten connected states will play the victim and leave Kayla holding the bag (mainly because SN the is out). Unfortunately, Kayla will then fade into the background, since Kayla is never worthy of a love life or a storyline outside of Steve. My great wish is for Tripp (I find his character, who never should have exited tedious and he lacks chemistry with Claire and Ciara) to follow his father out of Salem, and for Kayla’s children to be brought back on screen.

• Love 3

JMHO I love Steve and Kayla and am going to be so sad when he is angry at her.  Kayla is a beautiful woman.   It never made sense that no one else was interested.   Maybe she can only give her heart to Steve.  

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, tribeca said:

JMHO I love Steve and Kayla and am going to be so sad when he is angry at her.  Kayla is a beautiful woman.   It never made sense that no one else was interested.   Maybe she can only give her heart to Steve.  

The show made her a celibate in LA, when Steve died.  You mean to tell me that Kayla never had a man who wanted her. Ken Corday once said that when a character is off the show, they don't care to give them a backstory to explain what they have been up to, if they dated anybody. e.t.c.  The show missed lots of story possibilities with Kayla by being so shortsighted.  They did that with Will during his missing years. He was also a celibate.  He should have been with somebody when he was found to be alive.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
On 8/4/2018 at 8:36 PM, Mama No Life said:

I only like Chad with Gabi.  I need a few more moments of this before he finds out the truth and they are ruined.  I plan to enjoy the hell out of any glimpses I get....

Gabi deserve much better than Chad.

• Love 6
On 7/31/2018 at 9:33 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Well, SOD has confirmed Matt Ashford is back as Jack. (What is the over/under on him exiting by dying yet again if he returns alive?) And apparently Jordan, Ben's sister (Chrishell Hartley), is also making a return.

I can't help but think perhaps they will be back as flashbacks so tptb can retcon some story lines? But I could be wrong...

Usually am.

Though I really hate most of the story lines at the moment (seems like everyone is jockeying for the most badass position) the show is more "soapy" and the pace has improved. 

Is the rumor that Sami will return pregnant, or with a child? My friend and I were trying to figure out the time frame, but both of us have to admit we are clueless with what time frames are anymore - used to be that each week was about a day unless they decided to SORAS some characters, but lately nothing makes sense, time wise. People pop in and out at alarming rates, Abigail is already in her second trimester, yet Sami could still be pregnant with a child conceived in October of 2017 in real time. I just wish it didn't feel like the show is in some weird time warp.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, salvame said:

Is the rumor that Sami will return pregnant, or with a child? My friend and I were trying to figure out the time frame, but both of us have to admit we are clueless with what time frames are anymore - used to be that each week was about a day unless they decided to SORAS some characters, but lately nothing makes sense, time wise. People pop in and out at alarming rates, Abigail is already in her second trimester, yet Sami could still be pregnant with a child conceived in October of 2017 in real time. I just wish it didn't feel like the show is in some weird time warp.

People are now saying that Jordan will come back with Rafe's baby..

• Love 2

Much more palatable.

...but after spending her youth protecting Ben, only for that to all go horribly South in the long run, I would think Jordan would be the type to swear off having kids. She knows better than anyone what a curse it is to be a part of her family, so I would think she would want to end the bloodline.

Is Val leaving soon?

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Much more palatable.

...but after spending her youth protecting Ben, only for that to all go horribly South in the long run, I would think Jordan would be the type to swear off having kids. She knows better than anyone what a curse it is to be a part of her family, so I would think she would want to end the bloodline.

Is Val leaving soon?

Who's Val?

23 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Next weeks preview

https://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/video/weekly-preview-81318/3774177

Bwhahahaha Ciara's face when Tripp says "this is guy is gonna roam around here half naked". Same girl, same.

Why does it always take so long for those NBC clips to start playing?

Ah, I found out why. I had Ad Block on.  But NBC's warning to turn off the ad blocker was in black on a black background.  I didn't find out till I started clicking around and some of the words in the warning got highlighted.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 1
On 8/8/2018 at 5:03 AM, Apprentice79 said:

People are now saying that Jordan will come back with Rafe's baby..

Why do they think it would be Rafe's baby? Jordan dumped him for cheating on her with Kate and then was in a relationship with Chad for a while before leaving Salem. If she's had anyone's baby, it'd be Chad's.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

Why do they think it would be Rafe's baby? Jordan dumped him for cheating on her with Kate and then was in a relationship with Chad for a while before leaving Salem. If she's had anyone's baby, it'd be Chad's.

They keep dropping hints that Rafe will never be a father, so Jordan would actually be a good choice as the mother. The character is connected to Ben and they can that storyline of Rafe being conflicted between his wife and the mother of child. AS is only around for a short while, and Sami as written is not leaving any child of hers behind. Even Will who went to live with Austin and Carrie in Europe, was sent away before Sami found out and the only reason she didn't insist on bringing him was because he was mad at her for marrying EJ. 

Jordan has more possibilities and a child between her and Rafe is only related to Gabi, Ari and Ben, so new blood in Salem.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Mama No Life said:

I hope the reason Sami doesn't want to come back isn't because she's pregnant because JUST DON"T RON.

I hope the reason Sami doesn't want to come back is because she went to the other 20 weddings Marlena had with John and she was always conflicted about their relationship even if she does love them.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I hope the reason Sami doesn't want to come back is because she went to the other 20 weddings Marlena had with John and she was always conflicted about their relationship even if she does love them.

A skilled writer who is capable of complexity and nuanced writing would do that. This is Ron, we are talking about here, Sami will come back with a baby bump impeding the Rope reconciliation.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Next weeks preview

https://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/video/weekly-preview-81318/3774177

Bwhahahaha Ciara's face when Tripp says "this is guy is gonna roam around here half naked". Same girl, same.

Good promo.  As much as I don't like her, Abigail slamming the door and being all, "Not so fast, bitch" to Gabi was very soapy.  And while he's got the wrong end of the stick, I'm here for Paul going off on stupid Sonny because you know Sonny is loooving this.

• Love 2

Week of August 20

Monday August 20:

Adrienne confronts Bonnie for the first time.

Tuesday August 21:

An incident at John's bachelor party threatens to derail the wedding.

Susan arrives on Will’s doorstep to ask for his forgiveness.

Wednesday August 22:

Shawn is upset when he learns Claire is living under the same roof as Ben, as Brandon Beemer & Martha Madison for an exciting storyline.

Thursday August 23:

Will has a miraculous breakthrough.

Friday August 24:

A shocking twist leads to total chaos at the wedding.

• Love 2

Could someone do me a huge favor and paste a picture of Eileen Davidson's face over Staci's head for all the scenes in which she appears as Kristen or Susan and animate it? Bonus points if you could do an imitation of Eileen Davidson's voice. Yes, I am completely serious. It's pretty much the only way I'll find this palatable.

...I can't tell you how much it sucks knowing the character that I love most on this show will reappear, but that I won't be able to enjoy a moment of it. It'll be interesting symmetry too, because the last time Kristen tried to do anything, it was shoot Marlena in Italy. Now she's getting Sami to do her dirty work for her. And then later she's going to take over as head of the DiMera family? Damn. I could seriously use some Eileen Davidson deliciousness right now, you have no idea, and instead we're stuck with a friggin'  fill-in.

... oh jeez, and there's still all of the Brady fallout to factor in. Damn damn damn. This could have been so good.

:( :( :(

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

Staci is an excellent actress but they shouldn't have brought back the character. No matter what she does it won't be good enough for most of us. ED owns that role IMO.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, worleybird said:

Will has a miraculous breakthrough? Did he finally realize he doesn't look good in flannel or plaid??

That WOULD be an act of God.

• Love 7

I like that Shawn D and Belle are coming back to Salem and, look at that:  Shawn actually remembers he has a kid and that not everything revolves around Ciara.

Will's having a break through and Sonny's resolving to get over his feelings for Will feel wonderfully soapy--Will realizes he has feelings for Sonny just as Sonny's finally getting over Will--I love it :)

• Love 5

Oh NO!  Apparently Kate Mansi posted something on IG that makes it appear that, at some point, she'll be playing Gabigail.  I mean, that kinda makes sense, considering Abigail got ten seconds of therapy from her grandmother, but still, GAH NO MORE D.I.D. RON!

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh NO!  Apparently Kate Mansi posted something on IG that makes it appear that, at some point, she'll be playing Gabigail.  I mean, that kinda makes sense, considering Abigail got ten seconds of therapy from her grandmother, but still, GAH NO MORE D.I.D. RON!

I have no spoilers - I really thought the way they were going to go with this was to have Abigail admit she has feelings for Stefan but they could be dropping Gabigail anvils.  Why else would you let someone you supposedly hate touch you?  No sane person does that.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh NO!  Apparently Kate Mansi posted something on IG that makes it appear that, at some point, she'll be playing Gabigail.  

Oh, I am so down for that!  Mansi is so absolutely terrible in even the basic Abby 1.0 version, she's going to be unintentionally hilarious as Gabigail.  Plus, just imagine her in that black wig!

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

KM's contract is still short term, right?  Right?!????!!!!!

If it's not I'm going to file a class action lawsuit for mental cruelty.

Or, they can just make her wear a Groucho Marx eyeglasses and mustache mask in EVERY scene.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, boes said:

If it's not I'm going to file a class action lawsuit for mental cruelty.

Or, they can just make her wear a Groucho Marx eyeglasses and mustache mask in EVERY scene.

I'm thinking a series of costumes/disguises might be fun, especially if they include wigs.  Groucho Marx eyeglasses, Mrs. Roper Caftan, Sophia Petrillo outfit complete with purse, Kramer from Seinfeld.... the possibilities are endless and they could ALL be different personalities - at least then she'd have one.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kitty Redstone said:

KM's contract is still short term, right?  Right?!????!!!!!

Rumor has it that Chabby will be written out together. I also saw a pic, where her altar Gabby will be back. Reron is at it again, he cannot let go of DID.  Ron needs to realize that there are other mental illnesses that he can explore through his writing. Not to mention, there is still disagreement by psychiatrists on whether DID really exists as an illness. Roseanne Barr claimed to have had DID...lol 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Are you calling Kimberly Brady Donovan a liar? ;)

Yes..lol

Even still, Kim was molested as a child by her uncle Eric.

Abby got the sadz because she hit her best friend, the serial killer on the head,  and he quickly died. They should have tied her erratic behavior to her original mental instability which was brought on when she saw Ben again at the wedding.

• Love 5