Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Nadia Bjorlin will be returning to "Days of Our Lives" as Chloe Lane. Fans last saw Chloe in July when she got into a fight with Nicole. Will this return again just be focused on the Daniel/Parker storyline, or will she also get to have some scenes with her former Salem High classmates (Philip, Shawn and Belle)?

• Love 1

Chloe and Philip have history, right?  I tried to imagine Nadia Bjorlin with JPL and I laughed.

It was believed that Philip was Parker's father until they did a (third?) DNA test and it came back as Daniel's DNA. Chloe and Philip were living together in Chicago for a while.

Just when KDP is getting something "real" to play, she's leaving :( In all fairness, I would have left a long time ago. The writers put this lady in "kiddie land", retconned a Jenn/Eve evil rivalry, and had her playing a tramp. The original character of Eve, while incredibly faulty, would have never slept with JJ. In my opinion, KDP deserved better than this. I wish her great success and hope to see her on my screen again in the future in a role that she truly deserves.

SC is leaving. Super Dan is leaving. Oh what will the great residents of Salem do? Live with one less judgmental jerk to deal with! If there is a dance party to celebrate his departure, I'm all in. I have never witnessed a character shoved down viewer's throats like the character of Daniel. Characters were destroyed and killed off for him. It was insane. I'll be glad to see this reign of terror end!

• Love 6

Just when KDP is getting something "real" to play, she's leaving :( In all fairness, I would have left a long time ago. The writers put this lady in "kiddie land", retconned a Jenn/Eve evil rivalry, and had her playing a tramp. The original character of Eve, while incredibly faulty, would have never slept with JJ. In my opinion, KDP deserved better than this. I wish her great success and hope to see her on my screen again in the future in a role that she truly deserves.

I'm so sad (but not surprised) about KDP. I think that's it for me as far as watching goes.

Please, no, Kristabel, your posts are always so good.  Don't leave.

Dammit, Kassie.  :(

I'm so not surprised about KdP leaving, but I am really bummed. I'm an unabashed Kassie fan from OLTL, and I'm sorry she was never given a decent chance to flourish on Days. Their loss. I wish the very best for her and family from here.

I'm disappointed but not surprised. TomSell really did her no favors at all. Give how confined she was on screen it wouldn't be a surprise at all if cutting her was part of the cast pruning.

She's the reason I even started watching so we'll see if the show is enough to keep my interest. I think I do want to stick around for the whole 50th thing, though.

While I thought she was miscast as Eve, I love KDP. As is the case with Serena, I would love for them to come back in different roles.

Well that's disappointing.  I love KdP and think her and JL were gold.  The Eve character was fixable; they just needed to remove her from the horrible Devereaux bubble she'd been stuck in since joining Days.  Kassie is such a team player, too.  Hopefully it was her decision to leave because if not, I'd bet she feels absolutely gutted. 

Put me in the majorly disappointed category.  I love this actress - she's probably my favorite of all time, excepting a couple of (always) older character actresses, like Ruth Warrick, Mary Fickett, Frances Reid, Erika Slezak,  Peggy McKay, Julia Barr, Robin Strasser.....but of her generation, she just might be my favorite.  And I came to her late, not really watching OLTL until the last 10 years.   Although I think she spun gold out of crap they gave Eve as often as she could, the role was a thankless one.

I hope we get to see her on something else, but the pickings are pretty slim any more, and the business isn't a kind one to women of a certain age.  

The business is composed of morons.

Thank God for Mary Beth Evans.  At least she's still around, and finally, again, in a featured role.  I think she's got a similar talent to KdP.

Nadia Bjorlin will be returning to "Days of Our Lives" as Chloe Lane. Fans last saw Chloe in July when she got into a fight with Nicole. Will this return again just be focused on the Daniel/Parker storyline, or will she also get to have some scenes with her former Salem High classmates (Philip, Shawn and Belle)?

So we lose KdP and get Nadia Bjorlin back?  Good Dog, what the hell?  She's up there in the Farah Fath level of talent by which I mean 'HAS NONE'.  How great - we'll get her wooden delivery, those unblinking eyes and she'll undoubtedly be in spandex every day.  With any luck she'll forget her way to the studio.

Another retcon of Parker's parentage and they might as well make him a mutant offspring of Poppin' Fresh.

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

I hope we get to see her on something else, but the pickings are pretty slim any more, and the business isn't a kind one to women of a certain age.  

If nothing else, she should be able to land a soap webseries. Those aren't shy about casting actors of her age, largely because casting tends to be one giant game of "who do you know and have worked with?" and she knows practically everyone.

This news is disappointing but not surprising. Kinda weird that Higley quickly dumped the two OLTL actors. I mean, I know Serena and Eve weren't really working and were being sunk by their horrible stories, but still. Those horrible stories were by the previous writing team, so I would've thought Higley would at least take a shot at salvaging one of the characters.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 3

I'm so not surprised about KdP leaving, but I am really bummed. I'm an unabashed Kassie fan from OLTL, and I'm sorry she was never given a decent chance to flourish on Days. Their loss. I wish the very best for her and family from here.

SC leaving? Dr. Dan the Self-Righteous likely dying? *joins the happy dance* I don't think I've been this thrilled about the death of a fictional character since Babe bit it on AMC. Can't happen soon enough for me!

So a Dena Higley trademark disaster strikes in the New Year? Why does that sound familiar

Yes, I am a big KDP fan as well, and a relative newcomer to Days.  I feel they really wasted both the actress and the character.  I had hoped they might integrate her more into the fabric of the show going forward.  This is a disappointment to me, as I think Kassie gave it her all.  Those on this board with so much knowledge of storylines and history have had great ideas of how Eve could become an integrated character going forward.  Too bad the showrunners are not on the same page.

• Love 6

Am sad to see Kassie go - I enjoyed having her on the show even if I wish they hadn't cast her as Eve (they actually should have cast her as Melissa instead)

Not surprised to see Chloe come back especially if Daniel is dying & Phillip is coming back (still wish Parker was Phillip's child & not Dr. Tan's) - hopefully this return is better than the last one.

Am glad to know that A Martinez is on for more than a few episodes.

• Love 5

I know that I am a broken record but Tomsell were just horrible and they tended to isolate their characters. You would barely know that Eric is a Brady or Samie's twin, that Will is a legacy character tied to every family, that KDP  as Eve was the daughter of Salem Hero Shane. Kassie was terribly miscast as Eve, every time I saw her on screen, I would picture Charlotte Ross doing it..I also think that is why they never brought  Frankie back, Kassie is an amazon next to him...lol Paige should have been Frankie's daughter. Frankie and Eve left town together years ago. So many missed opportunities under Tomsell's tenure..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Oh no, not Chloe. I could so do without her.  And we'll be subjected to more singing, no doubt.  Seriously, is her character really needed?

• Love 4
Yes, he is, he  is also Rafe's and Gaby's as well...
Is this for real? or speculation? or wishful thinking? (I'm cool with it either way)

I'd go for a Lindsay Hartley return if they put her with Vincent Izzary.

• Love 1
We also know, thanks to a recent DePaiva interview, that she will be singing on the Days Christmas episode.

Well that's rather nice, considering her character wanted so much to be able to sing again. That's a silver lining, right? This actress is so likeable and talented it's a shame they wasted her like this. At least she won't continue to be stuck in a no-win situation, though, right?

Serial Scoop is confirming that the departure of Will/Guy Wilson, and in the next month:

Well I won't read the spoiler because I don't want to think Will will die/be killed :(  I liked Will, I just hated the writing this last year and the recast. After watching the coming out clips with Marlena, I really found myself hoping they'd fix things with this character. Poor Sami. This is going to ruin her return :(

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6

Serial Scoop is confirming that the departure of Will/Guy Wilson, and in the next month:

http://www.serialscoop.com/2015/09/guy-wilson-leaving-days-of-our-lives.html

Well if they do ever bring him back from the dead, I hope he comes back again with CM playing him! 

If Dr. Dan dies and Philip returns who's to say that they re-do the paternity test and Parker is really Philip's after all? Kate loses one grandson (Will) and re-gains one (Parker)

That poor kid will have whiplash trying to keep up with who's his daddy. 

• Love 2

I won't miss Guy Wilson at all, but it's stupid and short-sighted for Will to be killed.  He has connections to everyone, and with the right actor is a charming, necessary player to Salem's goings on.  So now Arianna is not going to have either one of her dads?  And Parker, Chase, and Ciara are going to lose their dads, too?  That's a lot of fatherless kids in one very small group of people.  I don't get it.

And, I'm going to share the the broken record reins from Apprentice79 for a minute (:-D) and ask why, if the show runners are in the mood to kill off characters:  Why Not Abigail?

• Love 8

I would have taken an off-screen coma for Will.  But on the other hand,  I don't think Will should be off-limits for killing just because he's gay.  But on the other other hand, I wouldn't be shocked if the show tried to start their gay canvas again with yet another coming out story, which...ugh.

• Love 1

Why Not Abigail?

I'm gonna hold out hope that the next news release about departing actors has her name on it. If the current departures (Dan, Eve, Will) are anyhow connected with the new writers noticing unpopular characters (or unpopular casting for a particular role) and are cleaning house, then they certainly should have KM on the chopping block because it's no secret that she's not well liked.  I can't think of a bigger 50th Anniversary gift to the fans than to have her murdered on the big day. Would make my November 9th!  Please writers, please.

• Love 5

In this week's TV Guide, there's an interview with Thaao Penghlis and, as part of it, it's mentioned that Andre reveals himself to greater Salem when, in mid-October, he crashes a memorial reception for the third victim of the Necktie Killer.  

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

http://www.serialscoop.com/2015/09/guy-wilson-leaving-days-of-our-lives.html

While I don't like the current portrayal of Will. I love the character and don't think he should be killed. As was stated upthread, put him in a coma and remove him from canvass. Recast in a few months and have Will come out of the coma.

This is a classic case of over correcting the ship. In the case of Eve and KDP, find a way to keep a phenomenal actress on the show even though she was miscast and misused. In the case of Will, keep the character, and replace the actor whose portrayal is less than stellar, in large part due to the writing.

• Love 4

That's good news!  She comes across as a very sweet, appreciative person in that interview.  I'm glad she's coming back and hope she sticks around for awhile.   Camila and Billy Flynn would be smoking together. 

My memory is fuzzy, but Chad had been gone for awhile when the last ordeal with Nick went down, correct?  I know old Chad hated Gabi over the whole Andrew debacle, but did they come to some sort of understanding (on or off screen) with NuChad while she was in prison?

• Love 3

If Will is indeed going to be killed by the serial killer, this is the Will that I will remember fondly and a poster on another board who loves Will like me articulated in this post why he was such an iconic character for many years...

All the best to Guy Wilson.

Lucas and Sami were my OTP and one of the best things about them was the fact that their Lumibaby Will grew up in real time.

I remember when Lumi kissed in the Titan Photo Lab. I remember when Lucas sent a bunch of bridal magazines with Carrie as the cover girl to Seattle so Sami would run back to Salem and stop the Carrie/Austin wedding. I remember Sami smirking as she found out she was pregnant after crashing a car on her way home... and I remember her fainting at the wedding and announcing that she was carrying Austin's child. I remember Lucas asking if Sami was sure the baby was Austin's...

And the silly scene a few years later where Lucas and Will were dressed in matching red shirts to remind the audience that Austin might not be the father. I remember Lucas' sense of betrayal when he realized that his bestie Sami had lied about Will, and I remember Lucas struggling to bond with Will. I remember Lucas drinking and dropping Will while playing airplane, and Sami's lie that Lucas hit Will on purpose. I remember Lucas shooting Franco, kidnapping Will, getting in a car accident, and almost confessing to Franco's death...

Only to have Sami try to strangle him because he'd hurt Will. I remember Lucas marrying Nicole to make sure he kept custody of Will, and Nicole teaching Will to call Lucas "martini breath." I remember Sami telling Will goodbye when she was on death row. I remember Sami and Lucas getting in a helicopter crash as they flew to the state capital to hammer out a custody agreement, and then Sami's decision to prove Lucas shot Franco so she could take full custody instead...

Leading to maybe Bryan Dattilo's best work ever when Lucas lost Will, got drunk, and ended up in a coma when the Kiriakis Mansion burned down around him. I also remember Sami reluctantly allowing Will to talk Lucas out of a coma a year later even though it gave him nightmares. I remember Will fearlessly sneaking out onto the fire escape to see Lucas in the next apartment even though he was barely tall enough to reach the window. But I remember Will being terrified when Abby told him that a meteor might fall on his head and kill him...

And then returning from a summer in Africa with Lucas and Bill taller, smartmouthed, and (allegedly) throwing swings at Abby. And announcing around the Thanksgiving table that he was mostly thankful for TV. I remember that Will was a star in archery at summer camp...

Until he came home just slightly older and baby-sat his mom throughout the last serial killer's reign. I remember him lecturing Lucas on how Sami's issues stemmed from insecurity and Lucas should give her another chance. I remember him tucking Sami into bed and demanding that Lucas spend the night, too. I remember him dragging out a copy of The Princess Bride to watch with both parents when they needed a distraction. I remember him being subjected to a school Halloween party where his parents caused a food fight and Sami chased the other mothers with a knife, and then attempting to get out of a school camping trip...

Where he ended up sticking a snake in Sami's sleeping bag in the hope that she'd end up sharing with Lucas. I remember Will dressing as a clown for the Salem Circus and having to climb the catwalk to escape Horton the Tiger. I remember Will celebrating every time his parents kissed and being over the moon happy when Lucas and Sami took him out for Chinese food and told him that they were getting married. I remember his anger when Sami was found in bed with Brandon and Lucas called the wedding off; I remember him telling Sami that he still loved her and just couldn't deal with her. I remember him sneaking around with Lucas to ruin Sami's dates with EJ by sticking cheese in EJ's car, and I remember him standing up for Lucas and Sami at their green wedding, while also serving as impromptu photographer (he and Nick agreed that the fancy camera was geek heaven).

And I remember him shooting EJ, getting drunk, and asking to live with Austin and Carrie because he couldn't believe that Sami would divorce Lucas after everything they'd been through as a family.

I remember him coming home, the tiniest bit older, and having sweet talks with Chloe about what it means to be an outcast in high school. I remember him meeting Mia on the pier and liking her because she admitted to liking cheeseburgers instead of pretending that she wasn't hungry. I remember when Mia tried to teach him to dance, and how they baby-sat Grace together, and how hard Will mourned when Grace died. I remember when he met Gabi and then Sonny.

It is a shame that the writers never made Adult Will a dynamic young man, he was likable as a child. They turned him into an unlikable, whiny, stupid, douchebag.  Lumi's child deserved better than this..It is going to be hard to watch Lumi mourn their son...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

Okay I know most here will think I'm crazy but I didn't think kdp could act worth a damn and I'm glad to see her go, I'm not a fan of Chloe and will fast forward threw her scenes. I'm going to miss will and daniel. The show is turning flip side and I'm lost at sea wondering of its even worth watching anymore. Don't get me wrong the stories have been good but they are getting rid of all the people I like and will probably bring in a bunch of strangers I could care less about. That's mho

• Love 1

Now I'm wondering how they'll play this with Sonny.  Will Sonny return to town, ready to work on his marriage, only for Will to be murdered?  Or will Sonny not show up until after he's dead?  Neither scenario appeals to me, especially if we get a lot of "I should have never walked away!" from Sonny when, really, he had a bunch of reasons to walk away after the way Will acted all year.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

That doesn't mean that he did not love him...

All of the people who have been murdered were on the outs with their paramours, Serena, Paige and now Will..The killer is definitely following a pattern...

I think Will's death will be the shot in the arm for the show..Marlena, Roman, Sonny, Ari, Lumi, and Kate will be devastated. The rest of the Horton, Brady and Kiriakis family will be affected as well.. Carrie and Austin better show up for his funeral because they helped raised him..I want Billie to come back as well because he was named after her....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

That doesn't mean that he did not love him...

Oh, of course.  I just cringe at the idea of Will being sanctified in death and Sonny taking all the blame for their split on himself.

I'm guessing that memorial service that Andre crashes I mentioned above is for Will.

Edited by TeeVee329

He is going to feel guilty for not being there to protect Will...Sonny is going to beat himself up like Eric did with Serena and JJ will do with Paige...I can see Kate and Sami really burying the hatchet after Will dies....I can see them comforting each other and Lumi will be devastated...lucas will be a mess and I can see him drowning in alcohol to dull his pain and grief..H

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Again, I'm don't disagree with that.  But when Sonny starts wailing that it's all his fault, I'm going to respectfully disagree with him. 

So which scenario would you prefer - Sonny sees Will before he dies?  Or only comes back afterwards?

No,I think that she is there longer than Sonny.. I think she filmed alot of scenes with the Dimeras..She probably thinks that they killed her son..If Will's death is done right, it can change the show forever.....

What will happen to Arianna, she will not have any of her daddys with her..Sonny will only be in Salem for a while....Unless Sonny formally adopts Ari and he and Gaby work out a custody agreement for joint custody...

• Love 1

She is going to need him more than ever...She will only have one father....I can imagine how emotional Will's family is going to be over him..I remember when Will was born and how the Brady family gushed over him...Especially Marlena....It is going to be hard to watch...I think Will will save Marlena from the killer, only to become his victim later on...

Edited by Apprentice79

My memory is fuzzy, but Chad had been gone for awhile when the last ordeal with Nick went down, correct?  I know old Chad hated Gabi over the whole Andrew debacle, but did they come to some sort of understanding (on or off screen) with NuChad while she was in prison?

No he hated her, and rightfully so. He outed her lies about Nick being the father of Arianna in the middle of the wedding. NuChad has only had contact with the baby.

• Love 1