Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

A lot of the spectators (ex: Molly's father, Josh's friend) are going to have problems accepting the "Twu Wuv" their friend/family claims to have found when they see their loved one can barely communicate with The Alleged Love of Their Life.  It doesn't necessarily makes anyone racist or xenophobic.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Whether or not he has any concerns based upon on Luis being Latin American or not, there is plenty of clear reason for concern.  I think a Dominican-American father/grandfather would have grave concerns about this relationship, and especially with how it is being handled with regard to his granddaughters.  

Are people supposed to shut off all their instincts and common sense and blindly accept this train wreck to avoid being accused of being "racist"?

That's a tough one. Yes, he's a racist. No, I don't like him one bit! Yes, I think he loves his daughter. And, yes, he's right about her being an idiot. Luis is playing her. He's smiling and telling her what she wants to hear so he can live in the big house with the running water. (What these scammers never seem to prepare themselves for is the fact that they're usually going to have to knuckle down for about a year or so and put up with being "bored" and living "in the middle of nowhere" with strangers if they want to eventually become American Citizens. They always seem so surprised when they hook up with someone they don't love, leave everything behind to be with them, and find themselves lonely. Like, WTF were you thinking it would be like, Dude? Then again, I think I've met baskets with higher IQ's.)

Molly's got a treacherous spider for a mother, and a racist a$$hole for a dad. Dad despises Luis for two reasons. One because he knows the guy is using his daughter. And, two because he doesn't think "his kind" belong in Amuricah.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Whether or not he has any concerns based upon on Luis being Latin American or not, there is plenty of clear reason for concern.  I think a Dominican-American father/grandfather would have grave concerns about this relationship, and especially with how it is being handled with regard to his granddaughters.  

Are people supposed to shut off all their instincts and common sense and blindly accept this train wreck to avoid being accused of being "racist"?

Yes everyone is concerned Luis is a pedophile/rapist. Was anyone this concerned when Alla brought Max over to move in w/ Matt?

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

So wait, 5 pages of posts and not ONE person has anything to say about Josh's friend's Hitler Youth haircut? Never mind his piss poor attitude. Jesus, what a dick. And unless I miss my guess, he wants Josh for himself and is bitter.

Oh, she's a kittenish, sexy little vixen, isn't she? I keep thinking that she thinks she is absolutely adorable with that middle school shit.

Yes, 100%. He will hide his bigotry behind "concern" for Molly. And Luis may not be too bright, but he recognizes it. His ever present smile slipped there.

I would cheerfully walk for 10 miles on Lego for a chance to do that very thing. What a nasty self centered little twit.

Fun fact, Nicole! Just because it is acceptable to some people in their own homes, that most emphatically does not mean that its a rule unilaterally in all of Morocco. God she's thick.

Yes, this. He knew what he was doing and he meant to wound. And not even sophisticated--just a bludgeon to the face. "you don't have a boyfriend? well, I can fucking see why!" Douche.

Yes, I thought the same. Evelyn and her family are some sort of weird Stepford family, I guess? It didn't seem to occur to anyone that Evelyn would have to be doing that "cleaving to her husband" thing that they're so big on in their religion, or so I'm told? "Whither thou goest, I will go"? Not only did Evelyn not consult David about any wedding arrangements, but her parents seem to think he'll just live in Claremont, allow Evelyn to continue her, ahem, singing, and not have any wants or desires of his own? What is his profession? Besides virgin soon to be husband to their perfect angel daughter, that it?

......but Molly's dad has two granddaugther's that are bi-racial.   I guess I don't understand what a racist is.  He seems to love them. :(

And....being Latino or Hispanic is a cultural thing....not a race. I don't get it.

Edited by LocalGovt
  • Love 7
48 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Sooner or later he will have to return to Lower Killmenow, and his life will be one long party of shoveling coal and drinking very bad vodka, with maybe an occasional opportunity to beat the heck out of a goat that looks at him wrong.  

goat.png.120cfc63571eb1cdcd910800fc2e834d.png

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

That's a tough one. Yes, he's a racist. No, I don't like him one bit! Yes, I think he loves his daughter. And, yes, he's right about her being an idiot. Luis is playing her. He's smiling and telling her what she wants to hear so he can live in the big house with the running water. (What these scammers never seem to prepare themselves for is the fact that they're usually going to have to knuckle down for about a year or so and put up with being "bored" and living "in the middle of nowhere" with strangers if they want to eventually become American Citizens. They always seem so surprised when they hook up with someone they don't love, leave everything behind to be with them, and find themselves lonely. Like, WTF were you thinking it would be like, Dude? Then again, I think I've met baskets with higher IQ's.)

Molly's got a treacherous spider for a mother, and a racist a$$hole for a dad. Dad despises Luis for two reasons. One because he knows the guy is using his daughter. And, two because he doesn't think "his kind" belong in Amuricah.

What was the problem w/ Molly's mother?

9 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

......but Molly's dad has two granddaugther's that are bi-racial.   I guess I don't understand what a racist is.  He seems to love them. :(

Whether Molly's dad is racist or not, I sort of doubt he would be any more comfortable with her importing Andrrrei and David Spain (both about the same age as Luis) and having him live with her granddaughters, when she barely knows him.   

In some situations, racism is irrelevant.  I doubt a racist guy would be any happier with his daughter being in love with a white serial killer than a black or Latino serial killer (Not suggesting Luis is a serial killer, just giving an extreme example).   

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

Some racists can compartmentalize like that.

7 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

And....being Latino or Hispanic is a cultural thing....not a race. I don't get it.

Some Latinos are White. Luis is not.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

Yes everyone is concerned Luis is a pedophile/rapist. Was anyone this concerned when Alla brought Max over to move in w/ Matt?

I am a 90 Day Fiance rookie, so I don't know who those people are.   

My main concern with Luis is that he is a scammer.  I also think that even if he turns out to be a great guy, plunging him into her daughter's lives and home that quickly is horrible for them emotionally.   She should have put him up somewhere else local for at least a month, gotten to know him better, and gradually worked him into her daughter's lives.  

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

When David Poor disappoints her, she will not be on the first plane back to Thailand. She will have a good job in a salon or a restaurant. And she will find friends to move in with.

Agreed. I said that out loud as I was watching the horrifically awkward "Thai massage" scene. The look Annie gave Dave when he didn't put a stop to that direction of the conversation spoke volumes, and I said "that girl will be working 2 jobs from the minute she is able so she can get away from this loser". I like Annie, actually.

And I'm in the minority but I still like Luis. They may both be taking advantage of an opportunity but I don't think they're bad people. Luis' interaction with Kenley struck me as a combination of less than stellar English command and production manipulation. I'll bide my time on judgment there.

I know that Moldova is a very poor country but I hear from my Moldovan friend that Chisinau is a lovely city with lots of green space, plenty of bars and restaurants (so Andrei could easily get another job as a bouncer), and some nice museums and attractions. I wouldn't want to move there but if Elizabeth and Andrei are serious it shouldn't be too bad.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

I'll say that for me personally, my reaction to Molly's dad as a racist is rooted in dog-whistles and knowing 'the type', as well as his ex-wife's characterization of him and Molly/Luis bristling in his presence. Obviously, we haven't seen him utter a slur or anything, so there aren't really any receipts other than an icky feeling.

More broadly, you can't judge a person based on how they interact with specific people in their lives and from there assume they have no broader prejudices. A man who loves his half-black granddaughters can still harbor a lot of xenophobic and racist views against Latinx immigrants, for example.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

.being Latino or Hispanic is a cultural thing....not a race. I don't get it.

I believe its characterized as "ethnicity". It is perfectly possible for someone to be bigoted/prejudiced against Hispanic people. There's a new viral video every day of someone hurling insults and invective against a person who has the audacity to speak Spanish.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Turquoise said:

the sunglasses Molly wore to the cookout looked like the ones optometrists give patients who have had their eyes dilated. That is all (for now).

I thought they were welder's goggles

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I am a 90 Day Fiance rookie, so I don't know who those people are.   

My main concern with Luis is that he is a scammer.  I also think that even if he turns out to be a great guy, plunging him into her daughter's lives and home that quickly is horrible for them emotionally.   She should have put him up somewhere else local for at least a month, gotten to know him better, and gradually worked him into her daughter's lives.  

We get it; we've all said Molly is acting irresponsibly.

But IN ADDITION TO THAT ^^^, some of us sense the racist undertones in this story. And I'm comparing how "the White guy" isn't accused of being a child molester like the Black foreign guy (Luis) is.

• Love 9

I finally figured out what bugs the crap outta me about these people. Yes, mostly everything bugs me, BUT with a couple of  exceptions I see a decided lack of ambition in any of them. Ambition to do better in life,  to work, they even chose the lazy route using apps and the Internet to find the "love of their life". 

Case in point, David Poor, yes you had a bad break up. Life sucks that way sometimes, but you chose to borrow money and spend two years doing basically nothing in Thailand. You go to a place where the sex industry is huge and SHOCKINGLY, you meet a woman. And you don't even have to try very hard, since it's an impoverished country, so women are falling over themselves to get with you. 

Case in point, Josh. Your marriages sucked. Jump online and find a bride who is basically advertizing herself to the highest bidder. First thing off the plane, Aika lets him know she is to be taken care of. Not hot damn, once I get that green card I am going to be successful. Nope, it's buy me a Porsche. 

And then there's even David Spain, who at 28 is willing to sit on his ass and pander to grown up baby for the duration. I mean seriously dude, haven't you got anything better to do with your life? 

I could go on, but I see so much laziness, so much entitlement on both sides of the relationships. 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I believe its characterized as "ethnicity". It is perfectly possible for someone to be bigoted/prejudiced against Hispanic people. There's a new viral video every day of someone hurling insults and invective against a person who has the audacity to speak Spanish.

Not trying to get bogged down in semantics here (and probably failing miserably) -- you are right -- it's an ethnicity. I don't know why I called it a culture.  So he wouldn't be a racist towards Luis, based purely on Luis being Hispanic -- unless Luis was biracial.   But he would be prejudiced against the culture.

14 hours ago, PityFree said:

I am pretty sure that we all saw Aika’s vulva as she was walking to the car in that short skirt. 

You took the words right off of my fingers, Pityfree! Could her skirt or shorts she was wearing to meet everyone be any shorter.

Can't figure out why she flew into LAX, Sky Harbor is an International Airport. Maybe cheaper? It's about a 7 hr drive, probably a bit longer from Mesa...BTW, I live in the Phoenix area

• Love 3
1 minute ago, balisticnikki said:

But IN ADDITION TO THAT ^^^, some of us sense the racist undertones in this story. And I'm comparing how "the White guy" isn't accused of being a child molester like the Black foreign guy (Luis) is.

As, I said, I didn't see that season.  But, I would be concerned about any mother bringing a strange man into her children's lives without spending enough time to get to know him.  Also, I'm not sure anyone is accusing Luis of being a child molester.  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

Not trying to get bogged down in semantics here (and probably failing miserably) -- you are right -- it's an ethnicity. I don't know why I called it a culture.  So he wouldn't be a racist towards Luis, based purely on Luis being Hispanic -- unless Luis was biracial.   But he would be prejudiced against the culture.

Most Domincans are Black. Luis is Black. Luis is Dominican, Black, Latino and Caribbean. All of these various label fit Luis. And ppl can and do object to any/all of them. But yes, Luis has a racial identity. And Papa Philip aint down w/ that swirl.

Just now, Bryce Lynch said:

As, I said, I didn't see that season.  But, I would be concerned about any mother bringing a strange man into her children's lives without spending enough time to get to know him.  Also, I'm not sure anyone is accusing Luis of being a child molester.  

Plenty keep implying that is a likelihood.

• Love 5

Azan and Nicole – I too got second hand embarrassment.  Lucky for me I was watching it after it showed and was able to fast forward the scene.  My co worker who watches but isn’t on the boards and I were discussing the episode this morning and came to the conclusion that Azan a) may actually care for Nicole since he looked generally hurt when she told him of the cheating and b) he may see Nicole as his pet project , ie look at I can change her from fat and frumpy to fit and fab. 

Another thing that struck me is that Nicole also has a bad case of “my Mohammed is different”.  If she thinks that she will be able to convert him once he goes State side she will be blindsided.  Same with Azan as you can tell he was wishful thinking/hoping May would be Muslim and/or any kids he has with Nicole (shudder at the thought!) would be brought up in the Muslim faith. Now I can see Nicole allowing some Moroccan culture into her home (as long as she doesn’t have to do anything too lift a finger or participate) but I cannot see her or her mother allowing a faith other than Christianity into that home.

Luis and Kensley – I am going to give Luis the benefit of doubt and wonder if this was production driven conversation. If so, then shame on TLC for doing it and Molly and Luis for allowing it. If it was his idea then just shame on him and Molly.  In regards to the bbq – regardless if dad is racist or not, he makes a valid point.  The guy is a bartender half of Molly’s age.  If girlfriend cannot see the sanky in the panky then no one can help her.

Poor David and best friend are creepy. I hope Jenny takes them for all that they have.  Same with the guy who drove to LA from Arizona to pick up the “cheerleader” – I hope he learns his lesson as well.

The others I really don’t give a crap except to say that they are all train wrecks this season.

• Love 4
Just now, balisticnikki said:

Most Domincans are Black. Luis is Black. Luis is Dominican, Black, Latino and Caribbean. All of these various label fit Luis. And ppl can and do object to any/all of them. But yes, Luis has a racial identity. And Papa Philip aint down w/ that swirl.

While, Hispanic is an ethnicity, I think most Americans treat it like a "race".  I think most white Americans see don't see "white Hispanics" as white and most black Americans don't see "black Hispanics" as black, but rather both white and black Americans tend to see all Hispanics, whether black or white, as Hispanic.   I wish we could all just be people and none of this mattered, though.  

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Azan told Nicole time and time again that in Morocco, it is against the law for two single people to cohabitate and yet, she continued to insist that they break the law.  I felt second hand embarrassment for Azan having to ask his aunt if they could share a room. 

I believe Elizabeth is in for a world of hurt with Andrei.  I believe there is something he isn’t telling her.

David’s friend had a lot of nerve asking Annie to give him Thai massages.  What a jerk!

I don’t understand how these unemployed Americans with nary a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of, are qualifying for fiancé visas. 

It's a special Visa to save American women the hassle of having to constantly tell David Poor "no thank you" It's called a win win Visa.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

If she thinks that she will be able to convert him once he goes State side she will be blindsided.  Same with Azan as you can tell he was wishful thinking/hoping May would be Muslim and/or any kids he has with Nicole (shudder at the thought!) would be brought up in the Muslim faith. Now I can see Nicole allowing some Moroccan culture into her home (as long as she doesn’t have to do anything too lift a finger or participate) but I cannot see her or her mother allowing a faith other than Christianity into that home.

I don't think Nicole cares in the least about converting Azan to Christianity. She actually said last night she thinks the "balanace" would be nice (whatever that means).

Azan said last night he would allow any child of theirs to choose which faith to follow. He didn't come off as a fanatic at all. Seems like neither he nor Nicole hold too tightly to tradition.

1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

While, Hispanic is an ethnicity, I think most Americans treat it like a "race".  I think most white Americans see don't see "white Hispanics" as white and most black Americans don't see "black Hispanics" as black, but rather both white and black Americans tend to see all Hispanics, whether black or white, as Hispanic.   I wish we could all just be people and none of this mattered, though.  

Apples and oranges

Edited by balisticnikki
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Whether Molly's dad is racist or not, I sort of doubt he would be any more comfortable with her importing Andrrrei and David Spain (both about the same age as Luis) and having him live with her granddaughters, when she barely knows him.   

In some situations, racism is irrelevant.  I doubt a racist guy would be any happier with his daughter being in love with a white serial killer than a black or Latino serial killer (Not suggesting Luis is a serial killer, just giving an extreme example).   

In fact, isn't Elizabeth's father just as concerned about Andrrrei as Molly's dad is concerned about Luis? Totally appropriate in both cases, imo.

Edited by deedee2
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

on the other hand, the black guy who married the nurse in Orwigsburg, Pennsylvania (Devar?), nobody had issues with him.  So maybe it's not racist so much as Luis comes off as sleazy and opportunistic.  

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

on the other hand, the black guy who married the nurse in Orwigsburg, Pennsylvania (Devar?), nobody had issues with him.  So maybe it's not racist so much as Luis comes off as sleazy and opportunistic.  

Melanie's sisters definitely had issues with Devar. Their racism was one of those issues.

• Love 13
Just now, Granny58 said:

True, no one really accused Devar of being a child molester but then again, Hunter is 13, not 6 and Melanie practically drug him here kicking and screaming. Devar is one of the precious few 'foreigners' on the show who was NOT looking to use anyone for a green card or a come up. I think most of us (not Bev) felt at peace w/ Devar.

8 minutes ago, deedee2 said:

In fact, isn't Elizabeth's father just as concerned about Andrrrei as Molly's dad is concerned about Luis? Totally appropriate in both cases, imo.

Concerned about different things tho.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

my reaction to Molly's dad as a racist is rooted in dog-whistles and knowing 'the type' ... Obviously, we haven't seen him utter a slur or anything, so there aren't really any receipts other than an icky feeling.

More broadly, you can't judge a person based on how they interact with specific people in their lives and from there assume they have no broader prejudices.

Why would one jump to the assumption that they do have broader prejudices? And, btw, forming an opinion of someone based on "knowing the type" is the very definition of prejudice.

Edited by deedee2
fixed awkward phrasing.
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Does anyone actually use printed RSVPs that you mail anymore? I don't go to a lot of weddings, but it's been years since I RSVPed by sending back that card. My oldest got married a few years ago and she used a website where people could RSVP. I thought that was pretty standard nowadays. Also, etiquette  dictates that the bride or couple place postage on the return envelope. Is princess planning on doing that? 

Also, out of town guests are typically given a list of local accommodations. The bride and groom try to do legwork by attempting to block rooms and negotiate a cheaper rate. I have gone to weddings where the family doing the arrangements will pay for accommodations for the wedding party and parents, but it doesn't extend past that. Evelyn looking blankly at David when he says where will my guest stay isn't helping. But to expect all Evelyns friends to let David's family and friends crash at their homes is asking too much. What they could do is just have a wedding with Evelyn's side, then travel to Spain and do something with David's family? I know, it makes too much sense. That's why I will would not be a good choice for a trainwreck like this show. 

Sure they do...we go to a LOT of weddings and we haven't had anyone use a website for RSVP's yet.  It really seems when it comes to weddings...anything goes...fortunately (or unfortunately?) - LOL  I haven't decided yet.

I don't personally think it's out of line to help out David's family/friends coming from Spain - using local friends/family to house them for the wedding weekend.  That's what we do/our family...it's considered normal for us (at the very least OFFER).  While I can appreciate that some folks wouldn't be comfortable with that situation, Evelyn IS marrying this guy...so to me, it shouldn't be that big of a deal for Evelyn's parents to maybe farm out the brother and allow David's parents to stay with them at their house.  Especially since David brought it up.  It would be a nice gesture IMHO.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

Melanie's sisters definitely had issues with Devar. Their racism was one of those issues.

I don't recall race being Beverly's issue....only green card.    If it doesn't come up, then we shouldn't assume.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

He could have just shut Mikayla down with "This is hardly the right time, but let's meet for coffee tomorrow."

But Mikayla didn't start this conversation David did.  Out of the blue he said something like "So you don't approve of me" (something along those lines) But she did not start that whole awkward conversation, David did (to make her the bad guy I'm sure)  I want him to lay off Mikaya and save his verbal slapdown for Miss Evelyn...more of that please!

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

And Molly s a total sucker. I mean seriously. You go to the DR or many caribbean islands and the staff does exactly what Luis did, he yells across the room when he first sees Molly that he wants to marry her. Happens all day, every day. Yet she seems to think it was love at first sight for both them. Come on lady!

I KNOW!   It's ridiculous!  

• Love 3

Lawd another creepy Chris.  These 90 day dudes are really ruining the fineness I have come to associate with that name what with Chris Evans, Chris Pine, Chris Hemsworth, etc. I need to go cleanse myself and view some of the fine Chrises pics on the interwebs. But I digress, Chris's Thai massage suggestion isn't so surprising given the fact that this is the dude that when his friends is in a state of financial ruin, doesn't offer logical ways of assistance as in helping broke ass David find a job, restructure his finances, investment advise, etc., Nope. That would make too much sense. Instead he offers and finances a trip to Thailand so his friend can bury himself neck deep in Thai kitty. The only surprising thing is his no nonsense seeming wife just sitting there and saying nothing during that awkward silence. 

The minute Chris was like "you have 90 days to get your act together and find housing, get a job, etc" I knew TLC fuckery was afoot.  This is just the opening salvo to their upcoming storyline. Watch Annie/David move into Nikki and Chris's home and hilarity ensue. I see you TLC all you reality tv thirst buckets.

2 hours ago, 7isBlue said:

Oh, you mean her blue contacts, fake lashes, inappropriately short shorts, and general, overall skankiness? Oof! Those eyebrows! Even drag queens think they’re extreme. 

Who the hell travels like that?!!? Thailand to LA on a good day is 16 hours and that is if you travel with no layovers.  With layovers, you could be looking at 40+ hours. Who the fuck wants to sit on those nasty ass planes in a skirt so short it barely covers your ass, knock off red bottoms and a half shirt/bra? How is that comfortable? I want the least amount of skin in contact with those nasty airline seats. Half her ass cheeks must have been on those seats and that is assuming she doesn't wear a thong. Trifling. 

Molly ain't shit and will never be shit. She is putting dick before her family's safety. 

Nicole is a drama queen. This is the chick that threw Azan up against a car because she didn't feel like he was showing her off and making her feel like a prize. She be confessing to shit to get a rise out of him and make herself look and seem desired by other men. 

• Love 22
2 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

I don't like "bad boys" but I am used to and comfortable with alpha male/macho types. Andrei is tall handsome (rugged Jason Bateman), looks like a passionate kisser and knows his own mind. That's very sexy!

I concur!  :)

• Love 3
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

The first thing I noticed in the episode was that Nicole lifted May into the car by just one of May's arms.  I have never seen anyone lift a child into the car by pulling on just one arm.  I would imagine parents would lift their children by holding onto their torsos and placing them in the car.  But, as Nicole was holding something else in her other hand and arm, she just pulled on May's arm and swung her in.

Yes...I noticed that too.  Wugh.  I think, that due to her size, and lack of flexibility/mobility, Nicole has a hard time picking up May.  Which may be another reason why she likes to use the leash - she doesn't want (or can't) teach May how to hold her hand and stay next to her, she cannot catch her if she ran off and she can't pick her up/carry her, easily.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

I don't recall race being Beverly's issue....only green card.    If it doesn't come up, then we shouldn't assume.  

If that's the way you want to view it, that's your choice. I'm not convinced and lots of dog whistles were coming from Melanie's sisters "concern." But Beverly and the other sister did have problems with Devar. They even pranked Beverly about the green card and we got to listen to her I told you so routine.

In Molly's case, her mom, her brother and Molly herself identified dad as a racist. I take their word for it. He can have valid concerns that are still wrapped in racism.

• Love 11
45 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

In the words of Devar, "Most definitely." 

Melanie's sister did have a problem with him. However, the relationship between Melanie and Devar was much more based on mutual attraction and shared interest. There was give and take. She went back and forth to Jamaica several times before initiating the K1 process. I really believe that theirs was a genuine love match. Devar was so gentle and charming with her son, and she didn't start things off by giving him babysitting duty. She was much smarter about, well, everything!

And, the rest of the people in her life seemed accepting of Devar as opposed to Luis and Molly where EVERYONE is opposed to it!  (With the exception of her makeup guy who is every bit as slavish as Luis. Smile and agree a lot to get the fat tip.)

Devar had some intelligence... not to mention nuances of expression. He didn't just smile and nod all the time. Never once did I see him pant. Meanwhile Luis seems to be trying to "take charge" but it's clear he hasn't a clue as to what that really entails.

• Love 11
35 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Who the hell travels like that?!!? Thailand to LA on a good day is 16 hours and that is if you travel with no layovers.  With layovers, you could be looking at 40+ hours. Who the fuck wants to sit on those nasty ass planes in a skirt so short it barely covers your ass, knock off red bottoms and a half shirt/bra? How is that comfortable? I want the least amount of skin in contact with those nasty airline seats. Half her ass cheeks must have been on those seats and that is assuming she doesn't wear a thong. Trifling. 

Seriously. If I could wrap myself in plastic from head to toe when I fly I would do it. I want no part of my body touching those seats. She looked like a hooker when she got off the plane. Hopefully she changed before landing and didn't actually sit in the seat like that for an entire day. 

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Who the fuck wants to sit on those nasty ass planes in a skirt so short it barely covers your ass, knock off red bottoms and a half shirt/bra?

It is entirely possible to change clothes in an airplane bathroom.  Not comfortable, but possible.  

1 hour ago, Boofish said:

I will say that engagement parade was beautiful

Yes, a very beautiful way to squeeze the groom for a few extra bucks. You cannot enter this house unless you give each of us $3.02.

Are these customs real? Or are they just playing David Poor for the fiddle he is?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, annewithaneee said:

I'll say that for me personally, my reaction to Molly's dad as a racist. . .

It's an opinion.  I happen to agree, but even if I didn't, opinions are subjectively valid.  Maybe we could all just agree he's an asshole.  

2 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

When David Poor disappoints her, she will not be on the first plane back to Thailand. She will have a good job in a salon or a restaurant. And she will find friends to move in with. Meanwhile he will lumber back to his friend's basement like an unwanted pet.

You keep predicting the future in an eerie "Dear God, that's right" kind of way.  How are you with lottery numbers?  

6 minutes ago, Standard Staples said:

Yes, a very beautiful way to squeeze the groom for a few extra bucks. You cannot enter this house unless you give each of us $3.02.

Are these customs real? Or are they just playing David Poor for the fiddle he is?

Well, when you put it that way....I guess there was a certain materialistic unsavoriness to it. But visually it was beautiful.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

No car, no bank account, no job. 

Add to that no work ethic.

He has zero shame about asking for handouts for himself and his bride.

Then the two of them spend time time in the city living it up on somebody else's largesse. 

I'm surprised that she doesn't see how little David Poor's promises actually mean (unless she has already realized that he's just a stepping stone).

When David Poor disappoints her, she will not be on the first plane back to Thailand. She will have a good job in a salon or a restaurant. And she will find friends to move in with. Meanwhile he will lumber back to his friend's basement like an unwanted pet.

I still just don't understand how David Poor's first marriage didn't work out. This guy is just oozing with confidence, charm and financial savvy.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Standard Staples said:

Eh. I've been to Polish weddings where the guests pin money to the brides skirt. And bridal showers with these tacky as fuck money boquets.  

• Love 2