Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

ermahgerd I'm watching old episodes I forgot just how disgustingly messy their house used to be... I can't even imagine... piles of stuff EVERYWHERE... I'm up to the season where the main home renovation was happening... lordy.... Not watching all the episodes of each season tho - just a few here and there to refresh my memory of past seasons... but yeah - that house. Hot mess. Yet - ever since the divorce and Amy getting the big house, it's clean.... hmmmm....

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

Hot mess. Yet - ever since the divorce and Amy getting the big house, it's clean.... hmmmm....

Easily explained. First, do remember that the messy house of yesteryear was much smaller and had four teenagers and multiple friends of teenagers constantly rampaging around it. There was a massive renovation that literally took months with kids sleeping on the floor. At one point Zach was sleeping in the livingroom/office because he was in a massive cast. Things were just a lot busier, in a much smaller space, with a lot of extra kids, none of whom were raised with any manners.(I;m including the friends of the kids in that). 

Now, its just Amy (and Jacob and Isabel) living in a much larger house and everyone's older  and the friends have jobs and lives and can't just sleep over. 

Second, Matt is hardly the prince of neat. Funny how the double wide had an entire bedroom literally hoarded up and unusable because there was so much stuff packed into it. Now, I can also see it being a running bitch point between Matt and Amy to where she would ignore his complaining but honestly, I think the problem was that Amy couldn't keep up with the kids and their many extra kids, and Matt isn't exactly fastidious himself. 

• Love 8

Ya I think Amy had her hands full with that gang and all the various friends etc... Plus she's a LP and she worked various jobs... There's only so much one person can do when you've got a house full of people tossing their shit everywhere.

I'm an average sized individual and when my kids were younger it was tough, I'm lucky to have a husband who helped a lot and we both got after the kids when they didn't pick up their things.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Easily explained. First, do remember that the messy house of yesteryear was much smaller and had four teenagers and multiple friends of teenagers constantly rampaging around it. There was a massive renovation that literally took months with kids sleeping on the floor. At one point Zach was sleeping in the livingroom/office because he was in a massive cast. Things were just a lot busier, in a much smaller space, with a lot of extra kids, none of whom were raised with any manners.(I;m including the friends of the kids in that). 

Now, its just Amy (and Jacob and Isabel) living in a much larger house and everyone's older  and the friends have jobs and lives and can't just sleep over. 

Second, Matt is hardly the prince of neat. Funny how the double wide had an entire bedroom literally hoarded up and unusable because there was so much stuff packed into it. Now, I can also see it being a running bitch point between Matt and Amy to where she would ignore his complaining but honestly, I think the problem was that Amy couldn't keep up with the kids and their many extra kids, and Matt isn't exactly fastidious himself. 

yeah... I'm not blaming Amy as so many seem to like to blame her for it - it was unusually messy, beyond being in a small space with four kids. It could have been orderly piles of stuff as they waited for the reno to be done. Plus the kids had no sheets on their beds which surprised me. The kids could have helped keep the place more tidy - I never thought it was all up to her. My reason for pointing out how tidy it is now is that because Matt is gone, beyond the kids being gone... once they had the larger space, while they were still together, it was still a hot mess. Maybe she has a maid now to help, who knows... I think the boys were fairly lazy back in the day on top of it... Wasn't there stories back then that Matt offered to bring in a maid but Amy refused? I also seem to remember speculation that she let it get fairly bad as a f' you to Matt... Again - sooooo not at Matt fan nor a Matt defender, I think he's ridiculous... and I still like Amy and I hope everything works out for her with the farm situation.  I just thought the house used to be a whole extra level of disheveled back in the day... lived in is one thing, but hot mess is another... Just my opinion of course.... I grew up in a lived in, yet tidy home. Not perfect, but not piles of stuff everywhere, so it's startling to see. And my brother n' I chipped in with the cleaning... and we had sheets on our beds... LOL

Watching the older episodes you can see how Jer aligned himself with Matt and Zach with his mom...  flash forward to the most recent episode where Zach was being conservative with the party food and decor and I can see he probably picked that up from Amy, he's not all willy nilly spendy like his dad - which is a good thing overall (tho they shouldn't have run out of hot dogs/burgers at the party due to his resistance to buy things...). I suspect Zach was smarter about socking away his TLC money vs the other two boys (although I seem to remember Jacob stating his cut was spent by his parents or something like that?!?) I can't see Jer and Audj's various side jobs sustaining them in the long run... I can't believe this show has been on since like 2006... 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

What I seem to remember most about the house was that it wasn't just messy but it was so dirty.  I also remember them sleeping on bare mattresses with no sheets.  Who does that?

I remember an episode where Zach's runners were absolutely covered in fresh mucky dog shit and iirc he walked right into the house.

I think Amy told him to go clean his runners and I think he made a lazy half assed attempt to smear it off and that was that.

Drove me nuts.

You have to thoroughly clean and wash something like that or throw them away.... You don't just wipe off the biggest globs and carry on.   Yuck!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I remember an episode where Zach's runners were absolutely covered in fresh mucky dog shit and iirc he walked right into the house.

I think Amy told him to go clean his runners and I think he made a lazy half assed attempt to smear it off and that was that.

Drove me nuts.

You have to thoroughly clean and wash something like that or throw them away.... You don't just wipe off the biggest globs and carry on.   Yuck!

Omg it's all coming back!!!

• Love 2
On 4/13/2019 at 4:24 AM, Honey said:

I think it's great that she got a large dog.  In general large breeds tend to be gentler than smaller dogs.  Jackson will be able to crawl all over Murphy, and he won't care at all.  Small dogs tend to be nippier and yippier.

Honey: (owner of a small nippy, yippy dog)  🙂

LOL I've had both, a large dog and a small dog, they are like two different pets! They both have their charms, small dogs usually want you to please them;  and large dogs usually want to please you ~ at least that is my experience in a nutshell 🤗

• Love 3

Just now seeing Zach and Tori's wedding episode again and I have to say that Amy looks like she's a really nice mother-in-law.  I realize appearances can be deceiving, especially on reality TV shows, but she looks like she really makes an effort to be loving and welcoming.  

Also, what a lovely wedding.  Tori was an anti-bridezilla.

• Love 2

Just saw a clip of Matt with Jacob and Izzy touring the farm.  Looks like they are planning to be married there per Matt!

So this couple will be the fill in for Jeremy and always more!

To me Jacob has no personality or interest in the farm or family for a long time so we'll see how this works out!

• Love 1
On 4/2/2019 at 10:32 PM, nytonc said:

Jeremy & Audrey won’t be on this season? I’m disappointed. I was looking to mocking them endlessly 😢

Ikr....I just found out about that too🙁

I've never really taken sides with Amy or Matt throughout their difficult marriage and divorce.  But since the divorce I find Matt treats her horribly he doesn't show her any respect and will never give her credit for anything - he is such petty man.  I am really glad she has managed to move on and found a better life than she had.  The divorce has made her a much happier and better person. And on a lighter note ~ I adore Jackson ❤️

• Love 5

The show is more and more about Zach and his family and rightly so as they are the little people living in the big world.  I assume Jeremy and Audrey are busy being a best selling author(s) and whatever else they are promoting.

Edited by endure
  • Love 1

Girls night was cringeworthy. What a bunch of dorks. I have never seen that dark haired friend before.  So next week we get to see Chris get pissed off at Amy. Can't wait to see how Amy tries to smooth his feathers. We can't have Chris angry, now can we? 

I'm confused about what Matt wants. He wants to buy Amy out and have the farm to himself or he wants to sell the farm, split the proceeds with Amy and go live happily ever after with Caryn. Which is it, Dude? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Zach had the best TH quote of the episode, maybe of the season(s) -

"The farm has drama attached to it. My mom and dad are drama. I've learned that as I get older. It can be emotionally draining to get wrapped up in their roller coaster. I learned to stay out of their though processes with the farm. I don't want to get caught in the middle of it..."

You better preach !!!  Yes !!! I'm glad his words/feelings are on tape. 

I wonder does Matt & Amy realize their bickering over property (I did appreciate the tour since I didn't watch the earlier seasons) is doing to their adult children..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 8

Amy is right to be wary of that sneaky bastard. One minute he’s saying he wants to put it behind him but he really wants her off because that’s what Karen is insisting on. How can someone screw the mother of his children? Fooling around with help wasn’t enough?  He doesn’t think she’s capable of building a house what an ass. Is Karen capable of building a house ?  Can not stand the selfish asshat. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Girls night was cringeworthy. What a bunch of dorks. I have never seen that dark haired friend before.  So next week we get to see Chris get pissed off at Amy. Can't wait to see how Amy tries to smooth his feathers. We can't have Chris angry, now can we? 

I'm confused about what Matt wants. He wants to buy Amy out and have the farm to himself or he wants to sell the farm, split the proceeds with Amy and go live happily ever after with Caryn. Which is it, Dude? 

He wants both.🤣

• Love 4

Yeah, girls night was very cringeworthy. What is the name of Amy's blonde friend? She seems to have no other existence besides being Amy's sidekick.

The farm drama is so scripted. I don't believe for one second that Amy really wants to build a house on Matt's side of the property. 

Edited by IndianPaintbrush
  • Love 5

Also, Jackson may do everything right on schedule, Tori, but he is still a dwarf and will always have to deal with the problems associated with that.  Seems like she hasn't really accepted his condition entirely yet?

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

Yeah, girls night was very cringeworthy. What is the name of Amy's blonde friend? She seems too have no other existence besides being Amy's sidekick.

I don't know her name but always get the feeling she's Chris' sister. She looks exactly like him. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Girls night was cringeworthy. What a bunch of dorks. I have never seen that dark haired friend before.  

Good Lord. And the dark haired friend forgot to put her dress on and wore her slip out to drinks with the dorks. Seriously, Amy? You don't know what the "Mile High Club" is? Lies. I had so much second-hand embarrassment watching them.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Amy is right to be wary of that sneaky bastard. One minute he’s saying he wants to put it behind him but he really wants her off because that’s what Karen is insisting on. How can someone screw the mother of his children? Fooling around with help wasn’t enough?  He doesn’t think she’s capable of building a house what an ass. Is Karen capable of building a house ?  Can not stand the selfish asshat. 

Unfortunately he's  not the first and won't be the last.... 😥

• Love 2

I think that Zach has matured since childhood. Back then and in his teens he ALWAYS sided with Amy.  Now, he gets how she's not always in the right. And, she loves to pit the kids against Matt.  Glad, Zach has put a stop to that.  Still, I suspect the drama between Matt and Amy over what their intentions are is just show drama.  A well thought out proposal from Matt's attorney makes perfect sense.  And, a response from Amy's attorney does too.  All that BS about splitting, selling, buying, etc. is just fodder for the cameras, imo.  Amy is more into travel, dining, exploration, new things, etc.  Building a new place on the same side of property where Matt has his stake just seems off to me.  I can't see it.   Not unless, she thinks that's what Chris wants.  I think she may be quite eager to please Chris.   So, do you think that this dilemma will be resolved this season?  lol  I doubt it.  Probably, a cliff hanger, which is just like something they might do.  lol  

I wasn't surprised that Amy said she thought it would have been a better idea to wait on getting a new puppy.  lol  Maybe, it was script driven too.  Could Tori be that clueless?  I mean, really?  And, if they paid a couple of thousand dollars for a puppy, when they don't have a couple of thousand to put into house to help sell it??? Man, that is messed up. 

Jackson sure is feisty.  Such a cute little guy.  I happen to think that it's good if Tori and Zach are home and able to spend as much time with him as possible as he's growing up.  IF they can make it financially, it sure will benefit Jackson by having them with him so much.  Lots of kids parents work a lot of the time and they miss out on so much in this stage.

Amy is an attractive women, imo, but, she should have stopped with that first one piece. It was so cute on her and so becoming to her figure.  She doesn't have the figure for some types of suits, imo.  I'm glad that Amy got out the message that she was such a good girl for her entire life.  I guess that means that she's entitled to be a little wild now.  lol  Nothing wrong with that, though, I imagine her kids cringe with the stuff they discussed last night. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I didn’t watch because I saw in the description something is wrong with Lucy? Is it safe for an animal lover to watch this episode? Spoiler ok!

She's okay.  And, since, it has already appeared in episode, no longer a spoiler. lol  The vet had picked up on an irregular heartbeat at a checkup.  Matt took her back in for more tests. The first ultra sound did show that her heart skipped or jumped.  But, the doctor suspected a stomach nerve or muscle was causing it and gave her meds to counteract it.  Then he redid the test and they were fine.  Lucy was free to leave with good report, although, it wasn't clear to me if Lucy needs meds to keep that from happening or not. Anyone know?  Man, that's a cute dog.  

• Love 4
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

She's okay.  And, since, it has already appeared in episode, no longer a spoiler. lol  The vet had picked up on an irregular heartbeat at a checkup.  Matt took her back in for more tests. The first ultra sound did show that her heart skipped or jumped.  But, the doctor suspected a stomach nerve or muscle was causing it and gave her meds to counteract it.  Then he redid the test and they were fine.  Lucy was free to leave with good report, although, it wasn't clear to me if Lucy needs meds to keep that from happening or not. Anyone know?  Man, that's a cute dog.  

Thanks, I didn’t want a repeat of Matt threatening to shoot Rocky. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Thanks, I didn’t want a repeat of Matt threatening to shoot Rocky. 

No, he was really worried about Lucy.  He said he really loves that little girl and I get it.  No, no stupid talk about shooting. lol 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Could Tori be that clueless?  I mean, really?  And, if they paid a couple of thousand dollars for a puppy, when they don't have a couple of thousand to put into house to help sell it??? Man, that is messed up. 

Good point. Honestly this is the first time Tori has really irked me. I get that dumping money into your old house is a bummer, but selling that house needs to be their very top priority. I don't blame Zach for having a minor heart attack over their financial situation.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

Yeah, girls night was very cringeworthy. What is the name of Amy's blonde friend? She seems to have no other existence besides being Amy's sidekick.

The farm drama is so scripted. I don't believe for one second that Amy really wants to build a house on Matt's side of the property. 

I’m with all those who were cringing during the girl’s dinner.  The new dark haired chick seems like a dirty old man in a slip!  She just kept coming up with the off color stuff, and I got put off after the second time.  One dirty joke, okay.  Two dirty jokes/comments, pushing it.  More than that and you are really trying too hard to let people know that you are a sexual being.  Like we get it, okay?  We don’t need to know that you turn every comment into something salacious.

I was actually interested in Amy’s reasoning for wanting to switch properties and I don’t think it was all scripting.  Now that I’ve seen the lay of the land, all the things that Matt is attached to are on the small, original piece that Amy lives on.  I can see how that would bother Matt.  I get that.  I guess I didn’t realize it until Amy took Chris on the tour.  Pumpkin season and the western town/other attractions were all Matt’s deal.  Amy helped with Pumpkin season because it was the family business, but if one of them were to get it, it makes more sense for it to be Matt.  

The wedding barn and raw land would be better suited to Amy.  If the separation of the two parcels facilitated the rezoning so she could do something commercial on it, she could better use her skills and education on that land.  Maybe lease the land to other farmers in the area for crops and make an income that way.  She was even willing to give up her beloved home, that Matt has been jonesing for all this time in order to have the better fit.  

Now all of the sudden, Matt doesn’t want the house, his pumpkin business or attractions and Amy is “Selfish?”  How exactly is that Selfish you sneaky bastard?  What’s selfish about it?  She wants to give you everything you ever built and took credit for.  I don’t get it.  I guess the only acceptable outcome for Matt is to have Amy gone completely.  I hope to God that never happens, because she loves that land as much as he does and they both want to see the grand kids grow up on it.  I hope she doesn’t let Matt push her out and that she has a shark of an attorney to make sure Matt doesn’t pull a fast one with her.  I don’t trust him and I never will, but I’m not aposed to them both being happy on part of the land they both love.  Win-win is better than win-lose.  It’s not a competition.

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

No, he was really worried about Lucy.  He said he really loves that little girl and I get it.  No, no stupid talk about shooting. lol 

In fairness, he said he really loved Rocky too and also openly advocated blowing Rocky's brains out. "Like Old Yeller", I think he said. Rocky also got shut in a room where, per Matt, he visibly lost weight after three days and Matt thought that was hunky dory and bragged about it on his facebook. 

I don't meant to press but those words and actions came from Matt the dog lover who loves his dogs and I refuse to praise the little prick for being a dog lover when, when the dog was *inconvenient* he was all for blowing the dog's brains out and was smiling when he said it. 

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

was actually interested in Amy’s reasoning for wanting to switch properties and I don’t think it was all scripting.  Now that I’ve seen the lay of the land, all the things that Matt is attached to are on the small, original piece that Amy lives on.  I can see how that would bother Matt.  I get that.  I guess I didn’t realize it until Amy took Chris on the tour.  Pumpkin season and the western town/other attractions were all Matt’s deal.  Amy helped with Pumpkin season because it was the family business, but if one of them were to get it, it makes more sense for it to be Matt.  

That's probably the motivation behind the suggestion, that and how she probably is getting tired of Matt's "ARE YOU LEAVING YET?" (waits five minutes) "OH JESUS AMY MAKE A DECISION! ARE YOU LEAVING YET?" nonsense. I don't see it working. 

8 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Now all of the sudden, Matt doesn’t want the house, his pumpkin business or attractions and Amy is “Selfish?”  How exactly is that Selfish you sneaky bastard?  What’s selfish about it?  She wants to give you everything you ever built and took credit for.  I don’t get it.  I guess the only acceptable outcome for Matt is to have Amy gone completely.  

Bingo! Matt is a selfish baby who wants exactly what he wants and nothing else. He doesn't want to split the farm in any way, he wants the farm all to himself and he wants Amy gone, with nothing since all she did was carry his children and raise them while he was being a man dreaming his dreams. He's a selfish bitch.

• Love 9

To me, when your attorney sends a buyout proposal to further resolve the property issue that indicates an equitable division.  So, I don't follow on anyone wanting to take all the property without adequate compensation.  Their attorneys would not  advise them to make that kind of deal and I don't think there is any reason that they would. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

To me, when your attorney sends a buyout proposal to further resolve the property issue that indicates an equitable division. 

No, when an attorney sends a buyout proposal from one party to another, that attorney is attempting to get the other party to agree to a proposal that gives his or her client's the best outcome, not an equitable division. The attorney's role is not to "be fair", it's to get what the client wants in a legal fashion. 

• Love 11

Most separation agreements and property settlement agreements state that the agreed to terms are fair and equitable and the parties sign off on that. There are varying factors to be considered. Each case is different.  Matt has stated that they own the farm 50/50, so, that's where they start. Sometimes, cash money has more value right up front than potential income down the road.  

6 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

He wants both.🤣

They both want...both...but not together.  Until or unless one of them cracks I see this game play,  push and pull, and trying to outwit the other, continuing to some degree until one of them becomes incapacitated or dies.

Edited by tinderbox
13 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Glad to see someone else had a similar opinion to mine about the "Girls night out"...OMG! So immature...even Amy was critical of their comments about the sausage and Mile high club. Aren't these women in their 50's? They were acting like coeds on Spring Break.

Matt was so dismissive of Amy's ability to build a house with his arrogant comment about how she probably couldn't even pick the right siding material followed by a snarky chuckle. She needs a good lawyer that has her back...Matt is shrewd and will go for the jugular if he feels he needs to. Honestly, Amy should take the buyout and move on. Living next door to Matt is not healthy for her and she needs to get her own place or build a new home that is hers and not near Matt. Family memories can be made in a new place.

• Love 3

I wondered what took Amy so long to show Chris around the whole farm and get his professional opinion on the worth of the property.  I am sure he offered that off camera.   Girls weekend was ridiculous, grown women acting like stupid teenagers.  Even Amy seemed embarrassed.  Glad Lucy was okay and it was not serious.  I felt very bad for Zach when he said he has lived with people pointing at him and laughing.  I hope little Jackson is spared that behavior.  Next week should be interesting as we get a look at an annoyed Chris.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, kicksave said:

Glad to see someone else had a similar opinion to mine about the "Girls night out"...OMG! So immature...even Amy was critical of their comments about the sausage and Mile high club. Aren't these women in their 50's? They were acting like coeds on Spring Break.

Have we seen these friends before? I didn't watch the earlier seasons. I would think Amy's true friends would be like her in some way.... kids grown or close to it, some divorced, some married long time, some with active careers, some finding another career, some dating, etc.... Yes - all can cut loose when the opportunity knocks, but sounds like this group is the heavy-party type..

I give Chris props for hanging in there with Amy.. He might not be ready to settle down (or settle down with her) .. walking around land and talking about building another house that overlooks the mountains, might be putting a "rush on him" that he isn't ready for. I almost wish he would have said something like - "say what now? you want do what ?"...  

I hope she's not trying to please Chris - Amy should know better - what did she tell her daughter during her teen years about trying to please a man ? And hopefully Amy knows that she can't change him.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

I recognized the blonde from their beach trip, but, not the others. Well, maybe, one other, but, definitely not the one who wore the see through top and couldn't make enough childish, dirty remarks.  lol  Trying way too hard.  But, it does remind me of a few seasons ago.  I think it was the first season after Matt and Amy divorced.  Zach and Jer, maybe, others, were talking about there being some kind of problem at their house. (Referring to the former marital home where Amy was living.)  It sounded like there was quite a bit of partying and they didn't like it.  They had gone to visit and were very disappointed in what they found. Anyone recall that?  

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I recognized the blonde from their beach trip, but, not the others. Well, maybe, one other, but, definitely not the one who wore the see through top and couldn't make enough childish, dirty remarks.  lol  Trying way too hard.  But, it does remind me of a few seasons ago.  I think it was the first season after Matt and Amy divorced.  Zach and Jer, maybe, others, were talking about there being some kind of problem at their house. (Referring to the former marital home where Amy was living.)  It sounded like there was quite a bit of partying and they didn't like it.  They had gone to visit and were very disappointed in what they found. Anyone recall that?  

I recall seeing a pool party there and maybe one other.  Didn't she meet Chris at one of her parties?  I think someone brought him to her house.

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I recall seeing a pool party there and maybe one other.  Didn't she meet Chris at one of her parties?  I think someone brought him to her house.

I think they met at a Paint and Sip.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

These two have to be spending tons of money on attorneys.  If I was Amy I'd let Matt spend his money and when he came to me with something I thought acceptable then I'd take it to an attorney to see that my interests were protected.

Back and forth with attorneys will eat up their savings and earnings. 

I loved living on the lake and when I saw Amy and her friends pull up to that lake house I thought that's what I'd do.  Sell the farm and have a beautiful lake house to enjoy with family and friends. 

But that's just me.

• Love 2

Tori always adds ‘dwarf’ when describing Jackson. 

“He’s not just the cutest baby, he’s the cutest dwarf baby!”

Bugs me for some reason. 

Amy looked adorable in those bathing suits. 

When Matt said he ‘legitimately’ loves Lucy, I found him endearing for one split second. 

• Love 2