Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

Matt doesn’t want out of the farm, he wants Amy off the farm so he can move back to the big house and do whatever he wants.

I doubt either one of them has the money to buy the other out.  It is interesting that Karen is gone...maybe she watched the show and saw how insecure she made Amy?

The thing with the farm is, it’s not just about Zach and Jer, Molly and Jacob would have a day too.  I would assume the kids would inherit equal shares.

There’s way too much bickering between Zach and Tori...

1 minute ago, nytonc said:

So I just recently started watching the train-wreck Roloffs. I have a question. How long was Matt banging the help before Amy found out? 

I’d say a long time with how bitter Amy is about it.  Rightfully so.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

Matt doesn’t want out of the farm, he wants Amy off the farm so he can move back to the big house and do whatever he wants.

I doubt either one of them has the money to buy the other out.  It is interesting that Karen is gone...maybe she watched the show and saw how insecure she made Amy?

The thing with the farm is, it’s not just about Zach and Jer, Molly and Jacob would have a day too.  I would assume the kids would inherit equal shares.

There’s way too much bickering between Zach and Tori...

I’d say a long time with how bitter Amy is about it.  Rightfully so.

I think unless the deed has the kids name on it - they don't have a say until it is "inherit" time - ie one of them has passed. Parents (married or not) sell stuff all of time w/o really taking into consideration how the sale with benefit the kids . Sometimes the parents need money for their own living, medical expenses, unexpected bills, just don't want the asset anymore, etc. 

And yes, the kid-adults had the child-upbringing of a lifetime (so they tell the story) being raised on the farm. It really appears though 3 of the 4 want very little to do with the place on a every day basis. They will always have the memories - sometimes you really don't need the physical place to go with it.  I'm still holding a card that Zack might want longer term interest on the farm due to (1) he doesn't appear to have any other career and (2) he can learn to be a manager of the place.

Yeah - Amy is going to take her bitterness to the other side of life one day. Not really healthy, but I guess that is her way of coping. I would think that since she seems to have found the 2nd love of her life on her 1st shot of dating after divorce, hopefully with plenty of physical contact-playtime of her own now, she would "let God, let go". 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
(edited)

It’s also odd that they aren’t addressing Jer and Auj being off the show this season.

When I read this article ( link ) - I think Jeremy, but more so Auj wanted away from the crazy. Auj seemed to resent camera time esp. after the baby was born. There were too many scenes where Auj looked like she cared less than a damn to be filmed.

“After 14 years, over 300 episodes, and 17 seasons, the time has come. A year ago I made the decision that this season would be our last. It has been an amazing run, and I can’t say thank you enough to all of you who have watched and supported us along the ride."

I admire him for saying that enough is enough and its time to move up and on. I really wish his parents would take that note of maturity from him.

"In case you were wondering what Jeremy and Audrey have been up to in their spare time, the couple has written a book together. A Love Letter Life was released today — the same day of the Season 14 premiere of Little People, Big World."

Edited by sATL
35 minutes ago, kat165 said:

Do we know why they're off the show?

Their story is that God has called them to a higher purpose. Personally, I think that may have been in play but I also think they weren't exactly begged to stay. That their new book was timed to be released with the season opening suggests to me that the original plan was to use the show for publicity. 

7 hours ago, sATL said:

Matt can take his payout and live where ever with or without whomever he chooses, but most importantly find a place that suit his physical needs, which should make him happy. Sounds like he was snow-birding prior to the divorce, he is getting older so it is reasonable that he will want that to continue.

But then Matt isn't in control of the farm. If Amy "gets the farm" then he is the perceived loser. Matt's not leaving that property until the show ends, that's my prediction.

They're still dating, she just no longer works on the farm. I doubt it had anything to do with Amy and Amy's insecurities at being forced to work with the woman who her husband cheated on her with and a lot more to do with how Matt banging the help was perceived by the audience and also how Matt fucking his employee who manages his other employees is a giant lawsuit waiting to happen. 

• Love 7

Amy is always so miserable... I wish she would sell out to Matt and move on with her life with Chris.

Although I can't shake the feeling that Amy will never be happy with anyone.

Her and Chris are like honeymooners... I think once she actually lives with him she'll find fault with him too and it will be more misery... I'm starting to think she's a bitter little pill.

Even on the bike trip she was pissed off because Chris got caught up in conversation and left her alone for 15 minutes... Good grief hubby and I have both had that happen multiple times in the 30+ years we've been married and neither of us took offense or had to make a big deal of it.  🙄

These people wear me out with all the bickering over nothing... She's miserable.. So get off the pot...sell to Matt and go have your dream life with Chris.

• Love 16
(edited)

I would not ever be able to leave that beautiful farm. I would ask Chris if he'd like to go into business with me and buy Matt out.   We would then hire a very competent farm manager to run it.  He could then move into the big house with me or not.  Marriage would not be required.

Matt would then be free to go wherever he wanted with his slam piece.

It's nice to see Amy so happy with Chris.  They are so relaxed and at peace with each other,  Matt seems to be bitter.  He mentions Amy and the divorce an awful lot.  I don't think it's possible for him to be happy with anyone, and it won't be long before he's criticizing the slam piece just like he always used to do to Amy.

Jackson is kind of cute. Ember, not so much, and I bet that drives Her Highness crazy.  My opinion, of course.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Amy is always so miserable... I wish she would sell out to Matt and move on with her life with Chris.

Although I can't shake the feeling that Amy will never be happy with anyone.

Her and Chris are like honeymooners... I think once she actually lives with him she'll find fault with him too and it will be more misery... I'm starting to think she's a bitter little pill.

Even on the bike trip she was pissed off because Chris got caught up in conversation and left her alone for 15 minutes... Good grief hubby and I have both had that happen multiple times in the 30+ years we've been married and neither of us took offense or had to make a big deal of it.  🙄

These people wear me out with all the bickering over nothing... She's miserable.. So get off the pot...sell to Matt and go have your dream life with Chris.

The thing is, Chris has never been married and I can’t see Amy moving anywhere with him without a ring.  Chris doesn’t seem to live at the farm and he might like his own space.  

With Amy and Karen, it must’ve been earth shattering for Amy to see someone she would’ve trusted with their business have an affair with her husband and essentially have to keep paying her and have her involved in family gatherings even after she found out.  Matt just sucks.

• Love 12

If Jeremy and Audrey have decided to opt out of filming, why were they shown last night? Do they mean the NEXT season of filming?

Also found it odd they showed Jacob and his woman at the Birthday party. I wonder where Molly was? No mention of her.

I agree Jackson is much cuter than Ember!

• Love 2

Matt continues to show his true color...Ashes of Asshat.  Amy has faults as well, but Matt is a passive (but mostly) aggressive dictator. Zach sees it too.

I still don’t like Caryn.   She is starting an Event Planning business?  Wasn’t she in charge of the staff “thank you” parties after Pumpkin Season ended?  I sure hope she  doesn’t include any old those sad-assed  “parties” in her brochure.  No amount of high end commercial photography could make 8 large pizzas and a few 2 liter bottles of soda scattered around an empty room look appealing.q

Zach had a good moment of maturity with his mom about the farm and memories and life still going on, whether it’s on that property, or elsewhere.  However, he seems very ignorant and clueless about so many other things.  Party planning and nickel and diming over the cost of food and decor was sad. Bitching about buying strawberries, and shorting the guests on food would have irked me to no end.  I get being frugal and not wanting to waste money on certain things. But if money is tight, then why are you are buying a second home before you’re sell the first? And how the Hell are you affordIng that?? Even if Tori went back to work, they must be relying on the TLC money to support the majority of their lifestyle.

Jackson is cute as anything!  Poor Ember always looks ridiculous in the overpriced costumes her mother puts on her.  What was with the Little House on the Prairie bonnet?  

I was so happy Jerk and Odd didn’t even get to speak on camera....no check for you! 

Amy said “the kids are so busy with their stuff...I don’t see them as much.”   several times....can anyone explain WTF any of the Roloff boys and their wives are soooo goddamned “busy” doing?  Jerk and Odd have a blog and “wrote” a “book”, but other than that I don’t believe either has a job.  Tori was a teacher and Zach managed a soccer facility at one point, but are either of them working a non-TLC funded job?  Aren’t Jacob and his fiancé living with Amy?  I know nothing about them, so maybe they have careers?  But even those of us with traditional jobs and kids and homes and school and activities and hobbies and friends have time to visit relatives, or at least “check in” periodically.  And all 3 of Amy’s sons live within minutes (or in Jacob’s case-literal FEET) of her. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, sATL said:

New season... a "what-if" question  popped in my mind that hopefully will be resolved soon....

Why can't Matt sell  his interest in the farm to Amy ? Amy gets the house & land and will be free to walk around re-living old memories, which should make her happy. Her sons, DIL, and grands can come at her's and/or their will to work or lounge. Amy can set up or continue the same business model the farm has to generate income. Get a restraining order for anybody she does not want to on the property.

Matt can take his payout and live where ever with or without whomever he chooses, but most importantly find a place that suit his physical needs, which should make him happy. Sounds like he was snow-birding prior to the divorce, he is getting older so it is reasonable that he will want that to continue.

I think Zach addressed that question (Boldface above.) last night.  He said that if his mom got the farm, it would rot!  And, he said that if his dad got it, it would prosper, but, it wouldn't be an open door policy.  I have NO idea what he meant by that.  Matt is the one who WANTS everyone there. He's big on everyone just getting along at family events.  He's always been friendly and conversational with Chris and vice versa.  He and Chris get along fine, until Amy walks up with a sour face and attitude. She does NOT want Chris to be cordial with Matt at all.  I call that sour grapes and just ridiculous at a child's event. But, anyway, that's what Zack said, so, I'll have to figure that one out. But, I get what he meant about Amy, because she's not into paying for the maintenance that a farm requires and not very innovative with keeping the amusements alive and refresh. Plus, would they all come to the farm if Matt wasn't there? I think Amy is afraid that might happen.  She may own it all and be the sole resident, but, would the kids still come there to gather if Matt were elsewhere and the farm was not as vibrant without him?  IDK. 

I actually think that most of this is staged, but, we'll see.  I do not believe that Matt will continue to live in the DW, though. Maybe, he and Caryn will marry and build a summer/fall house nearby so he can still oversee the farm. And, then they will winter in AZ. 

Did anyone notice how much better looking Zach has become? He was quite handsome last night in some of those cameo scenes.  Married life and baby really do agree with him.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

He said that if his mom got the farm, it would rot!  And, he said that if his dad got it, it would prosper, but, it wouldn't be an open door policy.  I have NO idea what he meant by that. 

Maybe he was talking about how the farm currently allows free public admission during pumpkin season. Right now they are only charging for wagon tours and other activities, but anyone can park and walk around.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

I still don’t like Caryn.   She is starting an Event Planning business?  Wasn’t she in charge of the staff “thank you” parties after Pumpkin Season ended?  I sure hope she  doesn’t include any old those sad-assed  “parties” in her brochure.  No amount of high end commercial photography could make 8 large pizzas and a few 2 liter bottles of soda scattered around an empty room look appealing.q

So, basically she's living off Matt now. Which is exactly what Chris - who still works as a realtor and doesn't own a home with Amy, unlike Caryn and Matt - is often accused of. Interesting who gets called the gold digger.

17 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

And, he said that if his dad got it, it would prosper, but, it wouldn't be an open door policy.  I have NO idea what he meant by that.

It means Zach believes Matt wouldn't allow the kids to use the farm for their many invites without needing to ask permission and possibly get told no. Matt's a control freak and Zach summed it up nicely with how it was Matt's way or the highway. If Matt controls the farm, then Matt *will* see to it that he controls the get togethers. 

20 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Matt is the one who WANTS everyone there.

Not exactly. Matt wants to be seen as the guy who is the huge family man. However, he's never into actually planning or executing the many parties he wants - thats always left to Amy or Caryn or Auj and Tory while Matt drama queens to the cameras.  At the end of the day, Matt is the one pushing the agenda of Amy moving off the farm so he obviously doesn't want everyone to be there. He's also the one who consistently pushes the farm being sold because he's trapped. 

Here's the reality of the farm. They could both retire and just stop doing pumpkin season. Amy could just live on the property. Or they could hire a real manager and let the manager run pumpkin season. Nothing has significantly changed about that business that it couldn't be run by a competant manager. 

For real, watching this right now, Matt manages to try to paint himself as being magnanimous over threating  Amy with the sale of the farm, that he has the right to just write the letter and force her to decide in 30 days and wow, I'd kinda love to see her say "go ahead". Matt is still painting the picture that he's being forced to stay, that even though he does own several homes now, he is forced to live on the farm because Amy won't make a decision and he's her victim.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, sATL said:

When I read this article ( link ) - I think Jeremy, but more so Auj wanted away from the crazy. Auj seemed to resent camera time esp. after the baby was born. There were too many scenes where Auj looked like she cared less than a damn to be filmed.

“After 14 years, over 300 episodes, and 17 seasons, the time has come. A year ago I made the decision that this season would be our last. It has been an amazing run, and I can’t say thank you enough to all of you who have watched and supported us along the ride."

I admire him for saying that enough is enough and its time to move up and on. I really wish his parents would take that note of maturity from him.

"In case you were wondering what Jeremy and Audrey have been up to in their spare time, the couple has written a book together. A Love Letter Life was released today — the same day of the Season 14 premiere of Little People, Big World."

They're still shilling on their relationship? 🤮

59 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think Zach addressed that question (Boldface above.) last night.  He said that if his mom got the farm, it would rot!  And, he said that if his dad got it, it would prosper, but, it wouldn't be an open door policy.  I have NO idea what he meant by that.  Matt is the one who WANTS everyone there. He's big on everyone just getting along at family events.  He's always been friendly and conversational with Chris and vice versa.  He and Chris get along fine, until Amy walks up with a sour face and attitude. She does NOT want Chris to be cordial with Matt at all.  I call that sour grapes and just ridiculous at a child's event. But, anyway, that's what Zack said, so, I'll have to figure that one out. But, I get what he meant about Amy, because she's not into paying for the maintenance that a farm requires and not very innovative with keeping the amusements alive and refresh. Plus, would they all come to the farm if Matt wasn't there? I think Amy is afraid that might happen.  She may own it all and be the sole resident, but, would the kids still come there to gather if Matt were elsewhere and the farm was not as vibrant without him?  IDK. 

I actually think that most of this is staged, but, we'll see.  I do not believe that Matt will continue to live in the DW, though. Maybe, he and Caryn will marry and build a summer/fall house nearby so he can still oversee the farm. And, then they will winter in AZ. 

Did anyone notice how much better looking Zach has become? He was quite handsome last night in some of those cameo scenes.  Married life and baby really do agree with him.  

Handsome is not a word I would use to describe Zach.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

Maybe he was talking about how the farm currently allows free public admission during pumpkin season. Right now they are only charging for wagon tours and other activities, but anyone can park and walk around.

OH, that's probably it.  That makes sense.  Most places that I know like that do charge admission. 

• Love 1

Zach and Tori did a lot of bickering last night.  I get the impression Zach really has to fight to get what he wants cause Tori wears the pants in the relationship.  Turns out Tori was right, there was not enough food.  Jeremy and Audrey were on film cause they attended the party, they were just part of the crowd.  They are not being filmed in their own home or out and about on the farm etc.  I agree Amy is a sour puss and was clearly annoyed about Matt and Chris having a civil chat.  Matt even left when Amy came over mumbling something about getting in trouble.  I just get the feeling Amy is a phony with the kids etc when the camera's are rolling.  Chris gets to see the real Amy when she interacts with Matt and he didn't run yet so he has to be in it for the long haul.  For the record I think Ember is adorable.

• Love 6
(edited)

I think that Chris is looking better this season too!  I mentioned up thread that I thought Zach was looking better. I think the rest of the cast look about the same. 

I think it was ironic that they ran out of food when it was Zack and Tori's job to get it. I recall that for several seasons, Amy made this big deal out of making a cake from scratch for the special occasion.  I'm sure some were birthdays, but, the cake she made looked like a miniature.  It was very small (2 layers) and didn't appear to be on the right scale of the event.  It would certainly not have been enough cake for each person to have a piece.  Some others might recall what I'm referring to.  I think one time might have been a groom's cake or rehearsal dinner cake. It made me wonder why she was so stingy with the cake! lol  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, sATL said:

Yeah - Amy is going to take her bitterness to the other side of life one day. Not really healthy, but I guess that is her way of coping. I would think that since she seems to have found the 2nd love of her life on her 1st shot of dating after divorce, hopefully with plenty of physical contact-playtime of her own now, she would "let God, let go". 

I think some of what we see on TV is purely for drama, but it's kind-of hard to Let Go and Let God when your source of irritation is just yards away, running his mouth about how difficult you are, and his side piece is by his side.  If I were her, I'd be likely to just demand a buyout and run as far as I could, but then again, I can understand her reluctance to leave.  There would be no way in hell I'd leave and not get my name off of things, because with her gone, Matt would have a blank checkbook to do what he wanted with no voice of reason to stop him, and he would drag her down with him.

2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That comment could go a bunch of different ways in it's meaning.  As for Amy not being in to the farm, I don't know how many people who show up for it are TRULY there just because it's awesome, and more for the chance to be on TV, or rub shoulders with those who are on TV.  When the show is over, will the giant crowds keep up?  It's debatable.  I never saw anything wrong with Amy's more sensible approach to blowing money, even when she knew Matt would just override her (and lie about it - he's admitted to that many times).  Amy has a college degree in hospitality and hotel management, and I trust her judgement with regard to cost vs benefit on a lot of Matt's pet projects, and I'm sure she knows that as their "star power" fades, crowds likely will too.  Plus there's stuff like liability coverage, etc.  I don't see the farm "rotting" with Amy in charge, but she wouldn't be dumping money hand over fist in to it like Matt does.  As for the "open door", if Matt had unchecked run over everything, no one but him would be allowed to have any opinion.  No one would have any say in how much money he spent.  He could just do what he wanted, when he wanted, with no one to put any brakes on.

• Love 3

I was hoping that Zach had grown up but his interactions with Tori while shopping for the party were ridiculous.

When you host a party with people bringing presents etc for your child you can't just heat up a can of beans and let them sit on a stump..... Jeeez. Grow up!

Is he really that stupid?

On one hand he buys a new house and renovates it before he sells the first home and yet bickers with Tori about giving guests the option of a hotdog. 🙄

• Love 5

And, he said that if his dad got it, it would prosper, but, it wouldn't be an open door policy.  I have NO idea what he meant by that.

I take that to mean that if Amy sold out to Matt that Amy would no longer be allowed to set foot on the property... And that includes any and all events with the children...birthday parties, weddings etc.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

And, he said that if his dad got it, it would prosper, but, it wouldn't be an open door policy.  I have NO idea what he meant by that.

I take that to mean that if Amy sold out to Matt that Amy would no longer be allowed to set foot on the property... And that includes any and all events with the children...birthday parties, weddings etc.  

I think that might mean as others said.... Charging admission to the farm instead of the way it is now with free admission.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I was hoping that Zach had grown up but his interactions with Tori while shopping for the party were ridiculous.

When you host a party with people bringing presents etc for your child you can't just heat up a can of beans and let them sit on a stump..... Jeeez. Grow up!

On one hand he buys a new house and renovates it before he sells the first home and yet bickers with Tori about giving guests the option of a hotdog. 🙄

Some people just have no clue.  My late Step Sister In Law would invite a ton of people over for a party, and just open up canned baked beans, and similar stuff.  The only home cooked stuff would be what we brought.  For holidays, she'd buy a pre-cooked ham, and just dump a can of crushed pineapple over it, and put it in the oven long enough to get warm.  For starters, I don't like glaze or fruit on my ham (I like it smoky, not sweet), and the pre-cooked ham would just get watery.  It was nasty, but she never saw anything wrong with it.  Neither did her kids, or her parents.

17 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

That could be too.  The comment could be taken a number of ways.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm not familiar with the real estate market in the area that Zach and Tori live.

Anyone have an idea of the amount of mortgage they might be carrying on 2 homes of that size?

I don't understand the mentality of buying and renovating before selling the first home... Its obviously nice if you can afford to do so but Amy looked worried for Zach so I'm guessing that he must be carrying a hefty amount of debt.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I'm not familiar with the real estate market in the area that Zach and Tori live.

Anyone have an idea of the amount of mortgage they might be carrying on 2 homes of that size?

I don't understand the mentality of buying and renovating before selling the first home... Its obviously nice if you can afford to do so but Amy looked worried for Zach so I'm guessing that he must be carrying a hefty amount of debt.

I think it’s just part of the drama.  Tori isn’t having to teach and sells stuff on her instagram, Zach would have years of tlc money and he bought that house before they were married.  They had enough income to qualify for the mortgage so I think the storyline about 2 mortgages is silly.  It’s a sensible conversation to have, but Zach and Tori aren’t in a typical financial situation for someone their age.  That new house is more on par with Jer’s house.

• Love 5
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think they are hoping that their current house will sell quickly. And if their new home is in a hot area - seller (of the  new  house) might not take a contingency offer.

And speaking of mortgages I wonder what is the financial condition of the farm. Has the 1st mortgage been paid off given they were there 20+years..any other liens or debts?

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Did Zach and Tori not know how many people they'd invited to Jackson's birthday party?  Running out of food was ridiculous.

I'm liking Chris more and more, but I'm liking Caryn less and less.  Hmmmm.......

Neither Matt nor Amy will be happy if one of them stays on the farm and the other leaves.  The maintenance and expense of keeping it up would be too much for either of them, IMO.  They should probably sell it, split the profits, and go live their separate lives.  (Of course, there would then be no TLC show.)

I don't think zach's reference to an open door policy has anything to do with pumpkin season attendees because they were clearly talking about Matt and Amy using the farm as a home. I think Zach was referring to the ability everyon e currently has to drive up to the big house, go into the kitchen for snacks, and have parties and lengthy campfires with friends and hanging out with the kids. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Caracoa1 said:

I wonder if Caryn would influence that policy?

(edited)
1 hour ago, camom said:

Did Zach and Tori not know how many people they'd invited to Jackson's birthday party?  Running out of food was ridiculous.

In their defense - a one year old party guest list can get out of hand. Quick.

You think you are inviting the "tot" and you wind up with mom, dad, and possibly a sibling or two. therefore tot + 1 becomes tot + 3.

Then there are guests who are childless  - ie friends of the mother and/or of the father. then that is friend A +1 ; friend B + 1.

Aunts and uncles on both sides - with spouses and their kids (1st cousins to the guest of honor)...plus, plus and plus more..

Heaven-forbid if the grands (on both sides) sneak in a "close friend of the family"... plus plus.. plus.

And yes -many complicated family situations - like in this case - each paternal grand bought a plus 1.

And the foodies kinda double - kid friendly for the tots and food-food for the adults.

Edited by sATL

I've been firmly "team Amy" since this whole mess started but last night when she was in the barn talking to Matt about the party it seemed like he was being quite reasonable with wanting her to decide what she wanted to do about staying or leaving the farm and she was being catty and indecisive about the whole thing. I was shocked to find myself on Matt's side of the debate there. She needs to make a decision and move on (or not).

Zach (and I agree- he was looking really good last night) sounded just like my husband when it comes to having people over/parties. My husband would be fine serving no food/ can of beans to our guests. He also complains about party decorations when I buy them. Therefore, I never take him shopping with me and I tell him what day/time the party is and that's that. There was no excuse to run out of food. One hamburger and hot dog per person and were there any sides? Either way that Jackson is such a cutie pie.

• Love 5
(edited)

I am laughing to myself even saying this, but maybe the food issue was also that they didn't seem to buy any sides for the burgers and hot dogs.  You can serve beans with that type of food but you have to have a huge tray that is enough for everyone. Maybe chips too?   I am sure people ate more hams and hots if that was the only thing they were given.  

I think Amy's indecisiveness about what to do about the farm is driven by the obvious lack of trust in Matt.  I really believe she thinks he is going to trick her out of or into something where he benefits big time and she loses out.

Edited by LucyEth
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

I don't think zach's reference to an open door policy has anything to do with pumpkin season attendees because they were clearly talking about Matt and Amy using the farm as a home. I think Zach was referring to the ability everyon e currently has to drive up to the big house, go into the kitchen for snacks, and have parties and lengthy campfires with friends and hanging out with the kids. 

Based on everything that I've ever seen of Matt, that sounds like the kind of thing that he would love.  Caryn too.  But, I do agree that I think the open door policy was more about charging for pumpkin farm guests.  Maybe, things will get clearer as they go. 

1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

I don't think zach's reference to an open door policy has anything to do with pumpkin season attendees because they were clearly talking about Matt and Amy using the farm as a home. I think Zach was referring to the ability everyone currently has to drive up to the big house, go into the kitchen for snacks, and have parties and lengthy campfires with friends and hanging out with the kids. 

IE - call and knock before you come b/c Matt & Caryn (or any other woman) could otherwise be "occupied"... 💕

14 minutes ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

There are rumors that Zach and Tori are broke, and they definitely hinted at cash flow problems. Buying a new house before selling their old one was a risk, but my guess is that medical expenses are a much bigger issue.

I think you're right because It seemed like they were bickering more than usual.

Nothing sets people off like financial stress and tension.  😫

• Useful 1

I want to see more of Zach and Tori's new house.  I missed the shots from the outside, if there were any.  The inside looked nice. Five bedrooms, though.  Man, I guess they must be planning on a couple more kids. But, if the show goes away and she has to teach .....I suppose that Zach is still involved in the job with his dad and the dwarf products.  It would make me a little nervous, but, I suppose they were able to manage it. 

It grosses me out seeing and hearing Caryn flirting with Matt, because I imagine she was doing the same thing while Matt was still married to Amy. 🤮

I don't know if it's ever officially come out that Matt had an affair, but I do remember that during a "tell-all" episode where the impending divorce was discussed, the show's host asked Matt something about "moving on" into another relationship. Amy piped up tearfully, "He already has." Amy seemed devastated. At the time I didn't know it was Caryn, but right then, I got the feeling that Matt was having an affair.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I was shocked that Tori and Zach purchased a house before selling the one they live in...OMG! And the new house is a fixer upper no less! Didn’t Amy and Matt teach these bozo brain boys anything? It always amazes me how these kids manage to buy houses, cars, etc. when they don’t work. Sorry...writing a blog and teaching little kids soccer isn’t a full time work with benefits. Tori doesn’t work anymore either...the only kid that has a a REAL job is Molly...also, the only one who graduated from college. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Mountainair said:

I've been firmly "team Amy" since this whole mess started but last night when she was in the barn talking to Matt about the party it seemed like he was being quite reasonable with wanting her to decide what she wanted to do about staying or leaving the farm and she was being catty and indecisive about the whole thing. I was shocked to find myself on Matt's side of the debate there. She needs to make a decision and move on (or not).

When they divorced (not all that long ago) they jointly made a decision to keep the farm with each having a 50% interest.  They also kept their family TV production with each having a 50% interest.  That's why Amy is put out by Matt demanding on and on and on what she wants.  She wants what they decided on in the divorce to continue the TV production and the farm jointly with each having a 50% interest.   That's why she says Matt keeps wanting to renegotiate the divorce.  She expected that they would continue as they had agreed to continue.  Matt apparently never had any intention of of running the farm as a 50/50 proposition and only agreed to it to settle the divorce while he strategized how to get what he actually wanted.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

When they divorced (not all that long ago) they jointly made a decision to keep the farm with each having a 50% interest.  They also kept their family TV production with each having a 50% interest.  That's why Amy is put out by Matt demanding on and on and on what she wants.  She wants what they decided on in the divorce to continue the TV production and the farm jointly with each having a 50% interest.   That's why she says Matt keeps wanting to renegotiate the divorce.  She expected that they would continue as they had agreed to continue.  Matt apparently never had any intention of of running the farm as a 50/50 proposition and only agreed to it to settle the divorce while he strategized how to get what he actually wanted.

This really bears repeating. Amy owns 50 percent of the farm. She's not Matt's bitch or Matt's wife or Matt's child. She's his *business partner* now. He's a business partner that she doesn't trust because he's on record lying to her about his health and about where he spends money, and frankly about his marital fidelity.

There's really no business reason for Amy to move at all. I have yet to hear any reason for Amy to move that isn't about Matt wanting the house, wanting some place more comfortable live, etc etc. He doesn't like having to get Amy's approval for things, but she's not actively trying to shut the business down. The only one who talks about ending the pumpkin business is Matt. If Matt wants to end the pumpkin business and retire - why does Amy need to move?

Oh right, for all business concerns go, she doesn't need to move. 

Plus no one is moving until this show is canceled for good. Matt just wants control of the farm.

• Love 14
(edited)

The farm/business existed before the show. It can exist after the show .

A business does not last forever in the same conditions when it was created-it must evolve, grow and adapt to current market, customer and economic conditions.

Many of us have fond child hood memories of ToyRUs. They never had a show but a jingle that still can be recited with enthusiasm generations later. But at the end of the day, regardless of share ownership and who was calling the shots, the chain had run it course. Yes-many are saying shoulda-woulda-coulda, but a business decision had to be made, as it costs money, and to some extent customer confidence running a business on life support.

Mom& pop businesses come and go too. We all had our favorite restaurant, personal services, five-dime store, malls, etc as a child that are no longer around. I've seen churches close or consolidate. Again some reasons were good (technology/retirement/neighborhood demographics/preferences), some reasons not to good (ie death/divorce). Most of these little gems were not on national tv.  Yes - a few of these little spots do manage to stay around by making changes.

I cought a rerun where the family meeting was held about getting the son's more involved. Zach made a point about learning how the farm is run today as opposed to the farm they grew up on. I was sad at that moment in that the Roloff kids were not raised in the daily details of the farm business like Ree "pioneer woman" Drummond's kids.  It would be nice to see the farm involve with an owner (s) who could take it to the next level. I think Matt has had his time, I would love to see Any get a shot, but also bringing in manager(s) who can separate the business from the personal- moving the farm into a better business for today's customer.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2