Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

(edited)
8 hours ago, MegD said:

In 2012 when she got divorced, she had a 17 year old and a 14 year old according to the divorce decree.

Well that means her kids are now, 6  yrs later, no longer minors. Can they come and visit overnight at the farm now ?

Does the decree /petition state grounds, by chance?

If she was fooling around with Matt since 2012- yeah there are pretty serious about each other.

still wouldn't  buy/invest $$ just b/c it's been a long term relationship. Wonder how much is the investment on the AZ  property split-meaning she's the hired help. Surely she can't match Matt $$ for $$. Also I wouldn't think Matt would want to partly own something else with any body else.

Edited by sATL
Math error

I've yelled at my kids because they don't listen, I can only imagine how much worse i would be if I was married to Matt and had those 3 boys as my kids, plus all of their friends hanging around. Does Amy "go off"? Maybe, and maybe it's reasonable.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, sATL said:

Well that means her kids are now, 4  yrs later, no longer minors. Can they come and visit overnight at the farm now ?

Does the decree /petition state grounds, by chance?

If she was fooling around with Matt since 2012- yeah there are pretty serious about each other.

still wouldn't  buy/invest $$ just b/c it's been a long term relationship. Wonder how much is the investment on the AZ  property split-meaning she's the hired help. Surely she can't match Matt $$ for $$. Also I wouldn't think Matt would want to partly own something else with any body else.

Six years later.

• Love 1
On 6/20/2018 at 8:28 AM, BusyOctober said:

Jerk is just so insufferably smug and petulant for someone with no marketable skills, no resume, no drive or ambition, severely limited verbal & written expressive language skills,  very little formal education & near to no personality.  Some may put his adult results on Amy & Matt, but Molly was raised in the same house.  She appears to be 180-degrees opposite of Mr. Baby Man.  Jacob may be a "free spirit" but he had the sense to move away and make his own life like his sister.  Even Zach is a better human being than his twin.  Jerk's attitude toward his mom is appalling.

Zach seems happy with his wife & child and their home.  His relationship with Tori looks genuinely happy and they share joyful moments.  To get slightly biblical (and I an not religious), Tori is a 'helpmate' and participates in all aspects of their relationship.  Odd only looks perpetually offended.  Or like she's smelling bad cheese.

Jerk & Odd always look so stiff and uncomfortable together when on this show.  I don't see much "joy" in their interactions. They definitely enjoy camera time, but I think Instagram is their preferred method of whoredom because they can control the setup.  The hair, makeup, wardrobe & backgrounds are carefully chosen to reflect the "AH-may-ZING" hipster doofus, essential oil-blessed lifestyle they have been gifted. 

Caryn & Matt definitely were sleeping together long before the divorce.  Its the only reason why Amy would be so tense about being around her.  She has her own steady relationship, so I think if Matt were dating anyone else, Amy would be OK.  But having Caryn who was an employee and who slept with the boss in her face all the time must be galling.  

Did anyone notice when Matt & Caryn were at the nursery to get the mini trees Caryn's Freudian slip?  She said "If WE ever sell the farm..." they'd have to figure out a way to take the trees with them!  Really, now the farm is a "WE" enterprise?  

Brilliant post! Love "Mr.Baby Man" reference...well said!

• Love 5

Matt wants out, all it’ll take is for some developer to offer him something.  If he can get Amy out now all the more for him.  The 2 Christmas parties were painful to watch ungrateful Jerkamy & Auj at Amy’s, then the tongue bathing at Matt’s.  Zach got lucky marrying  a lovely woman like Tori who showed all of us she was raised to show good manners when a guest at someone’s home.

My opinion...Matt is done with the farm.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, sATL said:

Matt bought the house himself according to Radar:

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/06/little-people-fakery-matt-roloff-secretly-bought-arizona-home-last-summer-girlfriend-caryn/

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/06/little-people-fakery-matt-roloff-buys-arizona-home-from-girlfriend-caryns-parents/

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, camom said:

And he bought it from Caryn's parents!

Wait, what????

Was there a link to some documents in the story that I didn't see???  He bought it by himself months ago .... from her parents? 

I don't even know what to make of it.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Wait, what????

Was there a link to some documents in the story that I didn't see???  He bought it by himself months ago .... from her parents? 

I don't even know what to make of it.

Shadier & shadier ...

• Love 4

I am finding the house thing to be increasingly amusing. 

So, the house was bought months before the episode at Christmas time was filmed. Caryn's name is not on the title (which doesn't shock me considering Matt's last marital house issue) and Matt bought this house from Caryn's parents....

It feels like someone was doing someone a favor. I don't necessarily think anything shady took place - aside from the blatant lie on the tv show about when the purchase was done.  

I just don't want to hear poor Matt bitch and moan how he needs to know Amy's plans because he's a sad little bitch who can't move an INCH on anything until Amy tatoos her plans on his ass. He's owned a home that he could, if he really was suffering agony daily, modify to suit his needs so he could FINALLY be comfortable and cosy. And instead, he's spent a year torturing himself, living in daily agony in the hated double wide, all because HE HAS TO KNOW AMY'S PLANS BECAUSE HE CAN'T MAKE A DECISION UNTIL THEN.

Except that he can, and has, and has been spitefully lying about how he can't in order to present himself as Amy's victim. He's been lying about being poor little Matt, stuck in the painful and terrible and uncomfortable DW because *AMY* won't make a decision. 

And here, people who insist Amy is the mean one, is the example of how Matt lies and maligns his ex in order to manipulate people into thinking she's the problem. All this bitchery? Where Matt is mugging to the camera how he is in physical agony and desperate for Amy to make up her mind? This whole time he's already decided to buy a house in Arizona. He already owned this house when those scenes, those scenes where *AMY* was that bitch holding everything up, god she's SO BITTER AND MEAN, FORCIING MATT TO SUFFER while she makes up her mind? Yeah, Poor Little Tortured Matt already OWNED a new home in Arizona. 

Matt lies to get fans to shit on his ex. I am pretty done entertaining the idea that Matt is Amy's victim. This entire season was Matt bitching he couldn't do a fucking thing because of mean ol' Amy, and he's already done what he wants as he films himself bitching how he just can't until Amy gives the go-ahead. As Maury Povich liked to say so dramatically - THATS A LIE!

• Love 10

Because I never get tired of torturing myself I watched the show with extra scenes and when he says in the TH that unlike Amy caryn is a " planner " ok looks like she pulled off a great plan.   I want to throw up when she builds up his already giant ego. You devoted 30 years to the farm , that's what I like about you,  you don't box yourself in blah blah . 

I used to think of him as a Sara Winchester only with I didn't have a childhood so I'm going to keep building fantasyland . 

How the Hell could Amy be a planner when he kept  her in the dark about finances and did what he damn well wanted.  I also remember a point when he was building or planing something close to the house and Amy didn't want the public that close to her house... too bad. 

The kids driving to the beach arriving before sunset then leaving next day was dumb.  I think Jeremy said he had things to do work wise before taking on the farm... What blogs? Marriage encounters? Next how to redo your kitchen or pump breasts . 

• Love 8

Yet Caryn exclaimed in December “our counter [offer] was accepted!”  It wasn’t “our” because she didn’t buy it.  And that’s a lot of faux excitement for something that happened six months earlier.  If she can lie so brazenly on national television it makes it more likely that she did cheat with Matt while he was still married.

• Love 12

All I know is that people have been bitching about mean Amy forcing poor victim Matt to live in the horror of the doublewide, forcing her ex into pain and agony because everything all hung on Amy and Amy was SPITEFUL and HATEFUL in not making her plans known.

And now we know Matt lied on camera for MONTHS, intentionally leading the public to think he was being victimized. All when Matt - who let's all remember can't make a decision without having Amy's plan set in concrete.... why, Matt  already OWNED the house he was lying about waiting on buying because Amy was being spiteful by you know, not making a snap decision the second Matt demanded it. 

Matt lied to make his ex look bad. How many people have decried her as being hateful because poor Matt just has to live in agony waiting on her? 

Matt is so spiteful he'd rather lie to the public and live in the shitty double wide even if it hurts because shitting on his ex publically means more to him than living in a house that can be modified for his needs. Matt is a lying manipulative nasty little bitch.

• Love 15

So were Jeremy and Zach acting too when he broke the “news” about the house to them in the Santa costume (the beard looked like shit BTW) or did he mislead them for six months?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Matt lies to get fans to shit on his ex. I am pretty done entertaining the idea that Matt is Amy's victim. This entire season was Matt bitching he couldn't do a fucking thing because of mean ol' Amy, and he's already done what he wants as he films himself bitching how he just can't until Amy gives the go-ahead. As Maury Povich liked to say so dramatically - THATS A LIE!

Love the entire post, @Rap541, and the paragraph above sums it all up. I've been on the "Matt's the much larger problem -- why can't you all see that?" train for quite some time, and I appreciate your take on the whole mess. 

Because I'm way more interested in this than any rational human ought to be, I ordered Matt's book "Against Tall Odds" (for $1.74!) online. I read through it in a couple of days, and in light of the tales told in that book, ALL this makes so much sense.  Matt's ego is entirely predicated on how he's viewed by non-LP individuals, and the fact that his LP brother married an average-size woman was an obvious jealously issue for him. The fact that Karen -- average-size, attractive -- showed interest in him was all it took for him to jettison his LP wife and not look back.  Caryn's willingness to be in a relationship with Matt legitimizes him -- in his own mind, certainly, and he also probably feels it elevates him in Jeremy's eyes. 

• Love 16
On 6/5/2018 at 4:35 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Good question, maybe someone out there knows, I hope a percentage goes to some of the farm animals who do more and are more entertaining than Jers&Aujg

I'm tardy to the party but holy fuck, I spent the last five minutes laughing at your username/icon combo.

Jeremy and Audrey always look miserable even with the baby, who seems to be living product placement for their Instagram sponsorship of the week (what the heck is up with that wooden pacifier? is it 1921? or are plastic ones toxic according to whatever hipster organic parenting blog they read?)

• Love 7

Matt better be careful. I don't trust Caryn one little bit.

People don't trust Chris, but I don't see him getting Amy to spend her money on him.

Caryn, on the other hand....

The minute you see a person spending their money on a girlfriend and her family, alarm bells should start going off.

• Love 6
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:44 PM, MegD said:

<snip>

I checked the decree, she actually filed a co-petition. So technically she filed the document as the petitioner and he's the respondent, but they can only file this type of consented divorce if it's agreed to. They just have to assign roles to the parties. Here in my state, we call them "uncontested divorces" and use the terms "plaintiff" & "defendant" but part of the paperwork that has to be filed (and it looks like Oregon is the same) is that the respondent/defendant has to sign an agreement that states that s/he knows it's being filed and agrees to the divorce and wants it. I suspect Matt just made her pay for it because "your name comes first."

Which Jeremy and Audrey might conveniently overlook/ignore/disbelieve because BIBLE - hence the reason behind their attitude it's ALL Amy's fault.

• Love 4
On 6/21/2018 at 6:54 PM, ginger90 said:

No clue on when they actually got together. 

She has a daughter who I believe graduates college this year. No clue how old her son is. 

0E6F6AE6-DB8A-4069-93C5-299EB5BEA63D.jpeg

62174737-859F-4DDF-90CF-F6AFA92F5EF1.jpeg

OMG.  What beautiful children.  And Caryn doesn't appear to be much older than they do!

• Love 1

I still can't get over it. Matt told the public that he couldn't make a decision because of Amy refusing to tell him her plans for the house. But the entire time, Matt not only ad already made a decision, but actually owned a home he could finally live free and customize for *him*. I mean, Matt has been pratting for YEARS how he desperately needs that home where he can finally be comfortable. Yet - once he BOUGHT that home, he continued to intentionally live in the hated double wide, the home that caused him PHYSICAL PAIN, the home where he could NEVER be free of agony, and he continued to whine publically that he could not make any decision about where to live until Amy made up her mind. I mean, that last conversation, where Amy was deemed spiteful for daring to not want to move or give Matt a clear decision even though she did - Matt was still whining how he was being held up but he had actually OWNED his new home in AZ for several months. 

It sure feels like Matt lied about his inability to make financial decisions without knowing Amy's plans - since, you know, he did exactly that - and it really sure feels like Matt lied about his situation in order to make Amy look bad to the public. I mean, knowing now that Matt was actually already owning the home he said he couldn't buy until mean and spiteful Amy deigned to make a decision.... I wonder, should Amy continue to be derided for forcing Matt into staying at the doublewide? He obviously thinks living in pain is worth months of gleefully pointing fingers at Amy and telling the public she's forcing him to live in agony. That seems so spiteful and resentful on his part, like he's REALLY NOT over the marriage and REALLY WANTS people to hate his ex.

• Love 11

Yeah, it sure looks like Matt is the one obsessed with his ex now, doesn't it?  He went through filming an entire season based on LIES just to make Amy look bad.  Plus he went so far as to involve Jeremy and Zach in things ... because the reality is that he either lied to them/concealed the truth in order to get them to side against their mother, or he let them in on the truth and then allowed them to participate in a phony story line designed to trash their mother in the public eye. I'm not sure which is worse - although if Jeremy and Zach actually knew the truth and played along, well ... shame on them both. Good luck getting your mom to forgive you for that one, boys.

Either way, if there was ever any doubt that Matt Roloff is a manipulative, lying, resentful piece of shit human being, this revelation about the house and phony story line utilizing Amy's own kids to smear her confirms it.  It also proves that Matt is the one who can't get over his ex ... he is obviously consumed with attacking Amy's character and publicly embarrassing her.  And so is that bitch, Caryn. She is as up to her eyeballs in this little bullshit campaign to malign Amy as Matt is. I hope she realizes Matt would pull the exact same thing on her one day, should the need arise. Although I would laugh my ass off should it ever happen.  What goes around comes around, Caryn. You'll get yours one day.  Count on it. 

• Love 17
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

On 6/21/2018 at 5:54 PM, ginger90 said:

No clue on when they actually got together. 

She has a daughter who I believe graduates college this year. No clue how old her son is. 

0E6F6AE6-DB8A-4069-93C5-299EB5BEA63D.jpeg

OMG.  What beautiful children.  And Caryn doesn't appear to be much older than they do!

Her kids ARE very nice-looking, and she's an attractive woman. But as this latest revelation has proven, she's manipulative, vindictive, and pretty much soulless, which, come to think of it, makes her an ideal partner for Matt.

Oh, and as far as when they actually got together: My guess is around the time Matt made sure Amy didn't have a key to his office.

• Love 8
(edited)

I've always said that the show contains re-enactments of things that have already happened, so, I'm not shocked if Matt's house purchase in Arizona had occurred, if that is the case, after they filmed. It's likely they didn't film the Christmas scenes at Christmas either.  From what I've seen, reality tv may or not have reality, let alone be filmed in real time. 

Besides, how does Matt buying the house in Arizona, negate him wanting another house in Oregon?  I don't get why that's an issue and why it constitutes a lie. The house in Arizona was a different house from the one he bought in Oregon for a flip, and which was no secret.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

I've always said that the show contains re-enactments of things that have already happened, so, I'm not shocked if Matt's house purchase in Arizona had occurred, if that is the case, after they filmed

You may be misunderstanding. The house in Arizona was purchased by Matt on June 28, 2017. This means that the entire storyline that culminates in Matt and Caryn noting that the house closed just in time for Christmas is a lie. The house in Arizona was bought before or right at the start of this season's filming, not after. 

So, when Matt has staged little meetings where he demands to know Amy's plans - and these scenes were filmed from midsummer to Pumpkin Season, to Christmas 2017. So, when Matt was stating that his decision to move or build hinged on Amy's decision to move or stay, that was a lie. Matt had already purchased the house in AZ that he insisted Amy's indecision was holding up.

Matt also used Amy's supposed indecision as a reason to complain that due to her indecision, he was forced to stay in the double wide which was painful and uncomfortable and he was constantly insisting how terrible it was.

Matt made his decision without needing to know Amy's plans. Matt chose and chooses to live in the DW in order to make Amy look spiteful and mean. If he's so uncomfortable and in so much pain, he has had his own home to go to and make nice and no one would grudge him that. Instead, he insists on staying in the DW so he can point at Amy and insist to the audience he can't make a move until Amy makes a decision and he's so miserable. Many fans have cited Amy for spitefully holding onto the farm and treating Matt poorly because Matt can't make a decision without knowing her plans.

Matt has been moaning and crying all season how miserable he is and how he just can't do a thing until he has Amy's plans set in concrete and until then he's just stuck in limbo, living in the miserable DW where he's in constant pain …. Alll because *AMY* is holding him up.

While he was doing this routine on camera, he's already bought the house he says he can't even consider until Amy makes up her mind. Thats lying and manipulating. Matt is clearly capable of buying a home for himself WITHOUT having Amy's decision firmly in stone. He's chosen to live in the DW in order to present a storyline at best and has willingly chosen that point of suffering, Amy isn't making him stay. At worst, he's using the tc show to spew his bitterness and to encourage people t dislike his ex wife - all over a lie. He's been fully capable of making decisions for himself regardless of Amy's plans, and he has chosen to live in the DW because pointing fingers at Amy and encouraging people to pity him and hate her has been more important than his physical comfort. 

• Love 11
On 6/19/2018 at 10:00 PM, Threnners said:

JUST HIRE A DAMN CONTRACTOR TO FIX THE KITCHEN YOU SCREWED UP SON.

Can you imagine what an unsafe shitshow the farm would become if Jeremy is running it? I think it's beginning to dawn on Audrey that she made a poor choice for a husband and that having the farm would mean actual work as opposed to a fun backdrop for Her endless photo shoots  she looks PISSED when Tori whipped out the adorable ornaments

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Rap541 said:

So, when Matt has staged little meetings where he demands to know Amy's plans - and these scenes were filmed from midsummer to Pumpkin Season, to Christmas 2017. So, when Matt was stating that his decision to move or build hinged on Amy's decision to move or stay, that was a lie. Matt had already purchased the house in AZ that he insisted Amy's indecision was holding up.

Perry Mason has nothing on you.

download.jpg.32f16a4920a0154087ff73f88d980bed.jpg

(edited)
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Doesn’t the Radar article state the deed was “finalized last week”?

Well, it’s a Radar article so it’s possibly all made up. I believe it says that he put down a healthy deposit last summer and then they finalized last week. I expect he used the proceeds from the sale of that house he bought to flip. It’s the last summer part that has everyone glaring at him in anger. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 1

I think Matt is calculating enough to have manipulated his house buying and storyline to keep that TLC dough coming in. Nothing keeps a next season promised more than controversy. Amy may have even been aware of his goings on but went along with it as it’s more than just her income.  It’s her twins income as well. She took one for the team. 

• Love 2

Amy may have even been aware of his goings on but went along with it as it’s more than just her income.  It’s her twins income as well. She took one for the team. 

So instead of being the selfish mean bitch holding Matt up from his happiness, Amy was "taking one for the team" in being the target of Matt's public abuse, in order to allow the whole family continue to make money? Gosh its beginning to sound like Amy isn't that selfish mean bitch?

• Love 6
9 hours ago, spankydoll said:

she looks PISSED when Tori whipped out the adorable ornaments

On Father's Day Tori and Auj worked together on the multi-generational pictures to give to all of the fathers. I thought at the time it was likely Tori's idea as she appears to be the more creative/crafty one. Auj just slaps 2 words on purchased items for resale. It could be that Tori didn't consult with Auj this time. 

• Love 3
On 6/21/2018 at 9:49 AM, gunderda said:

Or maybe a holiday tradition is just super important and would make her feel good at the moment.  My family has quite a bit of food traditions to go with holidays and for some of them I might throw a child like tempertantrum if something stands in my way of having said food lol

The thing is.... farm 'pets' have changed A LOT in just a short amount of time.  It's was, and still is,  very common for people to have a farm dog that stays outside 24/7 and finds shelter in the barns or machine shed along with farm cats running all over... and it wasn't uncommon for farmers to shoot their animals when their end of life was near or when trying to control an over population of stray animals.  I know many people who either grew up that way or had that way of thinking just a decade ago but have lately changed their tune.  And i'm not saying it was the right thing to do but it's what was done and advocacy and caring for all animals has increase greatly in a very short amount of time. 

thank god things have changed . i have to say not much though.. where i live i see the disregard for pets well being all the time. especially cats.

these are domesticated animals and some of us love them like children. i don't know the whole story on rocky but i am feeling very sad and sickened and hating this family.

On 6/21/2018 at 12:41 PM, Spike said:

Matt is not a real farmer and Roloff Farms is not a real farm.  He’s just cheap.  He probably watched Old Yeller and got his idea there.

disgusting and let's not forget some of the blame has to go to the network for not stepping in and surely thinking this was good tv. 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think Matt is calculating enough to have manipulated his house buying and storyline to keep that TLC dough coming in. Nothing keeps a next season promised more than controversy. Amy may have even been aware of his goings on but went along with it as it’s more than just her income.  It’s her twins income as well. She took one for the team. 

I don't think it's likely that Amy agreed to be portrayed as a resentful, spiteful, shrew who willfully stood in the way of everyone in her family because she is a jealous, selfish woman who can't get over her ex.  Nor do I think she would be on board for a storyline that set her up to look like the victim of Matt and her own children's scheme to oust her. I think she has too much pride for that.

The idea that Amy was voluntarily taking one for the team would also require Zach and (especially) Jeremy to take one for the team, in that they would have to agree to being portrayed as lazy, scheming, entitled brats who were trying to oust their mother from her home.  I don't think they would sign up to be a part of something like that, and I doubt Amy would be part of a storyline that would make her kids look so bad. 

I agree nothing brings in the ratings like controversy, but the fakery that occurred in order to generate the controversy this season was perpetrated by Matt Ripoff, not Amy. And yes my auto-correct just changed Matt's last name from Roloff to rip off but I'm leaving it because I think it's highly appropriate!

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 10

I think that it might have originally presented to Amy as something different and the direction that it has gone has thrown her for a loop which might explain why she rarely seems happy. I agree with you @Celia Rubenstein that if they had shown her this plot that she would have nixed it. I think that they swindled them (Amy and her twins). Matt will go along with everything that portrays him a victim and gets him sympathy. 

9DC17384-D597-43DB-B7E5-57C2FDBF9CB3.jpeg.11253bcaa35a4855c20c61d8cbc06082.jpeg

• Love 6

It amazes me that anybody thought the truth about the timing of the house purchase wouldn't eventually come out. For being part of the longest running family exploitation family-based reality show, these people sure haven't learned much about the sluething abilities of the media and the fans. 

I wonder if they will acknowledge the misrepresentation that went on in the next season.  It would be a hoot to see Amy call Matt out for being a lying little phoney who involved his sons in his scheme to trash their mother and pressure her to give up her home. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It would be a hoot to see Amy call Matt out for being a lying little phoney who involved his sons in his scheme to trash their mother and pressure her to give up her home. 

Now that would be something indeed worth watching. 

• Love 5

So Matt bought the house on June 28, 2017 with a cash down payment of 110k. This was a cash sale of 375k and it finalized on June 13 2018. Because this was with Caryn's parents and not random buyers, they probably agreed to wait on the sale of Matt's flip house. 

I live about 30 minutes from Surprise. The housing market isn't so dire that people HAVE to wait a year for a seller to finish up another deal.

I wonder if this is a rather subtle play. Yes, the house in Matt's name but Caryn's elderly parents now have a lot of Matt's money. 

• Love 5
On 6/13/2018 at 12:31 AM, MoodyGirl said:

Weird—I really didn’t see them ganging up on Amy. I felt it was reasonable to ask Amy her future plans. I mean, she could say I’m thinking of moving in with Chris next year or something. Obviously her goal is to stay in the house, but when you are literally having a discussion about the future of the property it makes sense to discuss every angle. 

but I would add the words "with her." They can't effectively discuss the future of the property with Amy not there. And I say this knowing it was probably staged.

• Love 2
On 6/13/2018 at 4:02 AM, Literata said:

Why can't it simply be that Amy just doesn't want to move, as is her right? She's abiding to the terms of the divorce; end of story. Why should she have to "let go"? She and Matt built the big house with dreams of retiring there and watching grandchildren run around the farm. He changed those plans. She didn't.

The way Matt and the twins ganged up on her in this episode was all kinds of reprehensible and flat-out sexist. I despise sanctimonious Jeremy with a fiery passion, but I'm usually in Zach's corner. Not tonight, though.

Matt has proven time and time again that he's unscrupulous, so I'm not surprised by anything he does. But the twins? That's their mother, whom their father left, and now they're helping him try to push her out of her house. They should be ashamed.

With all due respect, that's ageist. Amy's healthy and in good shape. And 55 is far from old. She's entitled to want what she wants.

I agree. I like many folks I know moved into a large landed property at 55 because we had the leisure after an early retirement. And the house is so well adapted to her size. I like Chris, but I'm not easy with the idea he's a make-it-permanent sort of man. Maybe he's exactly who she needs right now. She's wise not to make too many changes in a short period of time.

• Love 4

I'll probably be excoriated in this forum, but I think Amy is a whining bitch.  She chose to get divorced.  Yes, they agreed she could keep the house.  But things change.  If she wants to stay in the house, then SAY SO!  Quit crying "woe is me" and accusing everyone else of wanting to kick you out.  Stick up for your damn self.  Am I wrong or wasn't the intent at some point for one of the kids (J&A or Z&T) to move into the "big house" and run the farm anyway?  What does Amy need with that big house and why the hell does she want to live that close to Matt anyway? She obviously loathes him.  I don't know all the details of the divorce, but it takes two.  She certainly contributed in some way to the demise of their marriage.  And I think she's ridiculous with Chris.  She acts like she's 12.  And I don't think he seems all that interested.  If I were her, I'd be keeping an eye on that for sure.  

• Love 5
(edited)

@Julia67 I think that Amy might feel as though if she gives up the house (to one of her children or sold out to Matt) that she might lose her place in the family. She may be happy enough with Chris but she cannot count on him as a partner if she breaks free of the rest of her family. I also think she deep down loves that place. Sunday she posted a photo after having a walk around the farm. She has roots there. Even if one of the twins take it over you know that they’ll somehow be manipulated by Matt to have a father-in-law suite and Caryn will be included. She might see it as giving Caryn the very last aspect of her former life. 

I do agree that she needs to better at sticking up for herself. Also not close her options of another mate just because Chris seems good enough for now. Self esteem doesn’t seem to be her strong suit. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 7