Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Amy is so testy about Matt you'd almost think she was still in love with him.

If Julius Caesar had survived the March 15 incident..

I doubt he would have gone to a book party thrown by Gaius Cassius Longinus.

I think her role in the book party was more to go as a grandmother to Jackson since the dedication was to him. Honestly taking an hour out of her day to hold her shit together and walk to the barn wasn’t that big of a deal. ?

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, MoodyGirl said:

I think her role in the book party was more to go as a grandmother to Jackson since the dedication was to him. Honestly taking an hour out of her day to hold her shit together and walk to the barn wasn’t that big of a deal. ?

You have a point. She was clearly very uncomfortable but she did it for Zach, Tori and Jackson. Then got out of there as fast as she could! I think she handled it with class.  And no, Matt. You are never going to be invited to Amy's pool parties, friend dinners or any damn thing else she hosts at her house unless it has to do with the kids. You made that bed. Literally. 

• Love 14
(edited)
9 hours ago, MoodyGirl said:

Yes—i Agree it was weird. And I hate that I have to say Matt seemed so much more mature, but he did. I would understand her hostility if it was still fresh, or maybe if she didn’t have Chris...but they have both moved on. I liked that Matt extended an invitation to them and he always seems very cordial to Chris—-shaking his hand, smiling. Amy’s surliness was very unbecoming and petty. 

I agree.  Amy really showed her concerning side.  IMO, she needs some serious therapy.  Even if Matt was the absolute worst husband in the entire world, who screwed her over and she is completely entitled to resent him....STILL, that's even more reason for her to get therapy, because now, she's just hurting herself. You can't just harbor that kind of anger indefinitely.  It's not productive and others don't care for it. You can tell.  All had a good time, except for Amy.  Chris was actually upbeat and said he thought the invite was a positive thing. But, Amy has to brag about how she's ready to leave, soon after arriving. I'm not sure if she realizes it, but, Chris is getting a look of her that is concerning, imo.  Oh, did you catch how Amy said she was so proud of herself for remaining calm when she voiced her disapproval of him leaving the dinner table while on their trip?  lol  It must be stressful to remain calm with Chris.  If she ever really lets loose, I don't Chris will tolerate it. 

Well, it's certainly true, as that article I posted upthread says.  Redheads do feel more pain than other folks.  lol  I do feel for the girl.  But, I suppose it's good to be honest about things. Others know they are not alone in their experiences.

That Lucy is a cute dog.  What kind do you think it is?  Anyone read Matt's book? 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3

what kind of a non excuse was that that amy accepted about chris' disappearances? sorry but how does one reach the age he is and not know that just getting up from a table, just leaving someone with no explanation, to go and socialize with someone else at all, let alone 20 minutes, is not polite to say the least?! i did not like the way it was resolved. i'd be furious.

and did anyone else notice in the beginning of the show when matt was at jeremys new house, the bar type seating in the kitchen was all peeling and looked like cheap crap? how is that possible? what kind of shit material is that?

hate jer and audrey. very much like zach and tori. dogs are cute. feel sorry for matt, not knowing the complete divorce story, but he looks like he has a hard time getting around. not sure about amy. if i were her , i would have moved off the farm. she must have gotten some bucks in the divorce.

• Love 2

The only thing that I can surmise is that a nice portion of Amy's salary comes from TLC. (Yes, there are farm proceeds, salsa, speaking engagements fees, etc. that she receives income from, but, I would guess that at least $100,000. per season comes from TLC.)    And, while the adult kids get away with living off the farm, if she moved off, she might not get as much air time.  And, for the sake of assuring her place on the show, she must stand her ground. I get it. I don't fault anyone for preserving their livelihood. Plus, Matt is fine with Chris staying with her there, so, I guess, why not stay there?

Chris' excuse about leaving the dinner table without explaining, was pretty lame.  So............what's the real story?

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The only thing that I can surmise is that a nice portion of Amy's salary comes from TLC. (Yes, there are farm proceeds, salsa, speaking engagements fees, etc. that she receives income from, but, I would guess that at least $100,000. per season comes from TLC.)    And, while the adult kids get away with living off the farm, if she moved off, she might not get as much air time.  And, for the sake of assuring her place on the show, she must stand her ground. I get it. I don't fault anyone for preserving their livelihood. Plus, Matt is fine with Chris staying with her there, so, I guess, why not stay there?

Chris' excuse about leaving the dinner table without explaining, was pretty lame.  So............what's the real story?

Amy's kids grew up in that house, there is no reason for her to leave. And a lot for her to stay. And the way Matt is trying to weasel it away from her is pretty tacky and low class.

If it were me Carens butt would have been fired a long time ago. The divorce was only a couple of years ago and it has become increasingly clear that Caren is a homewrecker. Having to smile and make nice cannot be easy even though Amy is far better off without Miserable Matt.

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Maybe texting/calling another Gf. Or possibly just needs a break from someone he’s been with 24/7 on the trip. Even if I love someone, I can’t be around them non stop. If either theory is true, that would be a reason for leaving without letting your SO know. 

• Love 1

Also didn't Amy say they had a "big fight" over it??

Maybe I misunderstood that so I was surprised when they were sitting there smiling saying it was a little misunderstanding that they handled well because they can communicate so well. Where was that communication when he left her at the table without a word?

• Love 9
(edited)

Even if Matt was the absolute worst husband in the entire world, who screwed her over and she is completely entitled to resent him....STILL, that's even more reason for her to get therapy, because now, she's just hurting herself. You can't just harbor that kind of anger indefinitely. 

Why isn't Matt accountable for his obvious anger over the house? He bitches every episode that he's miserably unhappy with the house situation. He has whined like a child that he's being treated unfairly and he hates having to watch Amy in the big house. He bitches constantly how hard he has to work to attract the children away from Amy because she can offer the big house while he unfairly has nothing but the double wide?

I just find it hilarious that Amy yet again is wrong to resent invites to Matt's special events where he flaunts the new fuck that he was cheating with, but Matt is a man of honor who should be respected for walking away from his marriage with a grin and a "seeya!" and of course, the obvious bitter resentment that he isn't getting his way and is being treated so unfairly!

I'm going to be perfectly honest. If anyone in this stupid clan ends up murdered, it'll be Amy, and it'll be at Matt's instigation. Matt is clearly not grinning and happy over the Amy situation, he's deeply pissed and he wants the fans to know it. 

Matt needs therapy FAR MORE than Amy does. That man has a laundry list of deep ugly resentments.

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 13

I noticed that, too. She said they had an argument, but in the joint TH’s, it was like a Brady Bunch lesson. “Amy thought it was rude and she had a great point. Then we made up and made out, we communicate so well!”. It’s okay to express anger when you’ve been disrespected by your partner.

As a side note, when they were leaving the party, she was high tailing it out of there, when Chris stopped her and said they should wait for the friend. 

• Love 1
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Willowsmom said:

Amy's kids grew up in that house, there is no reason for her to leave. And a lot for her to stay. And the way Matt is trying to weasel it away from her is pretty tacky and low class.

If it were me Carens butt would have been fired a long time ago. The divorce was only a couple of years ago and it has become increasingly clear that Caren is a homewrecker. Having to smile and make nice cannot be easy even though Amy is far better off without Miserable Matt.

I agree, I think the real reason for Amy staying in the house (for now) is because it was built as a family home while she and Matt were married. It is the house in which her kids spent a good part of their childhood/adolescence. Matt spent much of his time in his little office suite (complete with a kitchenette) with his farm manager/personal assistant Caryn. Then HE burned down the original house, bought the DW, and moved out of the marital home. Soon after, Matt wanted to rush a finalized divorce. Why on this earth should the wife he left be expected to leave her home? So that her previous employee can move in with Matt and host family get-togethers there? (Because you know Matt wouldn't be doing any of the work hosting parties--look at how he acted in that Thanksgiving episode.) I honestly don't see too many people who would be happy with that scenario.

And for all who say the farm is Matt's baby, his dream, etc.--I do recall him wanting to move to Colorado or Idaho after they bought and built up the farm, but Amy refused to move the kids again(?)

I do see see Amy eventually in the future moving off the farm, however. I think it may take a few more years and she will be tired of Matt's whining and daily presence in her life.

Edited by Adiba
clarity
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Adiba said:

I agree, I think the real reason for Amy staying in the house (for now) is because it was built as a family home while she and Matt were married. It is the in which house her kids spent a good part of their childhood/adolescence. Matt spent much of his time in his little office suite (complete with a kitchenette) with his farm manager/personal assistant Caryn. Then HE burned down the original house, bought the DW, and moved out of the marital home. Soon after, Matt wanted to rush a finalized divorce. Why on this earth should the wife he left be expected to leave her home? So that her previous employee can move in with Matt and host family get-togethers there? (Because you know Matt wouldn't be doing any of the work hosting parties--look at how he acted in that Thanksgiving episode.) I honestly don't see too many people who would be happy with that scenario.

And for all who say the farm is Matt's baby, his dream, etc.--I do recall him wanting to move to Colorado or Idaho after they bought and built up the farm, but Amy refused to move the kids again(?)

I do see see Amy eventually in the future moving off the farm, however. I think it may take a few more years and she will be tired of Matt's whining and daily presence in her life.

Matt whining about the house is getting really old. He say’s it’s not fair, but didn’t he agree to it to get the divorce done quickly? Maybe I misheard, but I thought he said Amy didn’t want him to build a new house on the farm. What she really said was she wouldn’t help pay for it. Secondly, she also agreed that any extra profit that house brought, Matt could keep if the property sold. He loves the farm, and has the money, so why not build his own ‘big house’ there. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I haven’t been very active on this board, so forgive me if I’m rehashing the thoughts of previous posters . . .

”Jer” is so openly dismissive of his mother.  As flatline as he is under most circumstances, he can barely seem to muster enough energy to manage anything more than a cursory “mmhmm” to just about anything she says to him.  It’s really sad to watch Amy practically dance around in his presence, all but begging him to join her in her enthusiasm.  Conversely, Jeremy’s interactions with his father are much more lively and respectful.  It wouldn’t be so bad if his lack of respect for his mother weren’t so evident to the viewing public.  I'm no Amy fan or apologist, but she raised all four of those kids with very little actual help and she doesn't deserve to be treated like that by her ungrateful asswipe of a son.

”Auj” (ugh) is one of those insufferable women who believe that they’re the first pregnant woman to ever walk the face of the earth.   Only they have ever felt pregnancy discomfort.  Only they have stretch marks.  Only they have experienced the fun of labor, much less unmedicated, natural labor, for which we should praise and admire them as fearless warriors.  I loathe these women.  After they give birth, they’re the same ones who think their baby is the first one in creation and demand that you look at endless photos of their children on social media and revel as they do in their every action and utterance.  They write a 3,000-word "birth story," which they insist that you read.  Like, we get it.  His sperm met your egg and you reproduced.  I mean, I don't hate kids; I have a teenage daughter whom I love more than cookie dough ice cream (that's a lot).  I just can't stand the constant posturing, preening, navel-gazing, and self-congratulation of "Auj."

I have never liked Chris and my feelings toward him are not softening with time.  He carries himself with a smug over-confidence that I find very off-putting.  Amy's instant forgiveness of his actions worries me.  I totally get that it's a bit more difficult for women of her stature to find long-term partners, especially those of average or above-average height.  I understand that Amy feels that she's lucky to have found Chris, but she seems to display that a bit too often.  As time passes and we see more of their interactions, it is very clear -at least to me- that he calls the shots in their relationship.  I have a feeling that she ignores an awful lot in order to maintain that relationship.  As for her living in that house, I said it before and I'll say it again: She should make it clear to all involved (including "Jer," circling like a vulture) that she has no intention of moving and she'll let them know if she decides otherwise, but until then, the topic is off the table.  Matt can live in that smaller home juuuust effing fine.

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 18
56 minutes ago, Awfarmington said:

Or possibly just needs a break from someone he’s been with 24/7 on the trip. Even if I love someone, I can’t be around them non stop. If either theory is true, that would be a reason for leaving without letting your SO know. 

I don't agree at all. Why? Because  (talking about Chris, here) if you have a single ounce of manners and you weren't raised in a cave, you know you don't get up from the dinner table without saying a word to your girlfriend and stay gone for 20 minutes leaving her hanging there wondering WTF, should she pay the bill? Should she leave, too? Did he get lost? Does he want her to wait there for him? If he wants to get away from her or she's getting on your nerves, Fine. Go, but tell her where you are going. It's called being in a relationship and considering someone else's feelings instead of your own for once. I can't imagine doing something like that to my husband. 

58 minutes ago, MoodyGirl said:

Also didn't Amy say they had a "big fight" over it??

Maybe I misunderstood that so I was surprised when they were sitting there smiling saying it was a little misunderstanding that they handled well because they can communicate so well. Where was that communication when he left her at the table without a word?

She did say they had a fight. That was total damage control for the camera and viewers. Why would Amy bring it up again to her girlfriends if it was not a big deal? Obviously it was still bothering her. 

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't agree at all. Why? Because  (talking about Chris, here) if you have a single ounce of manners and you weren't raised in a cave, you know you don't get up from the dinner table without saying a word to your girlfriend and stay gone for 20 minutes leaving her hanging there wondering WTF, should she pay the bill? Should she leave, too? Did he get lost? Does he want her to wait there for him? If he wants to get away from her or she's getting on your nerves, Fine. Go, but tell her where you are going. It's called being in a relationship and considering someone else's feelings instead of your own for once. I can't imagine doing something like that to my husband. 

She did say they had a fight. That was total damage control for the camera and viewers. Why would Amy bring it up again to her girlfriends if it was not a big deal? Obviously it was still bothering her. 

Plus she had already said it had happened on multiple stops, it just culminated when they stopped for dinner. My take on it was whatever he said she agreed and that's that.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, MoodyGirl said:
14 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

I was impressed with Jeremy the father...he seemed a lot more comfortable with it than I expected.

Amy is so testy about Matt you'd almost think she was still in love with him.

Yes—i Agree it was weird. And I hate that I have to say Matt seemed so much more mature, but he did. I would understand her hostility if it was still fresh, or maybe if she didn’t have Chris...but they have both moved on. I liked that Matt extended an invitation to them and he always seems very cordial to Chris—-shaking his hand, smiling. Amy’s surliness was very unbecoming and petty. 

I don't know, but maybe Amy's being "testy" has to do with knowing that Matt was  most likely cheating with Caryn right under Amy's nose for all those years.  Caryn was a farm employee, and she was carrying on an affair with her married employer, and that just won't go away for Amy.  Granted, Amy should be happy that she's found Chris (if he's her cup of tea, which he clearly appears to be), but Matt's screwing the help must still burn a little, if not a lot.

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I think I wasn’t clear with my post. I AGREE it’s rude, and I’d be very put off about it. My reply was to a poster who felt that he had motives for leaving, and I threw a couple theories out. When I mentioned his reasons for not telling Amy why he was leaving, it wasn’t an excuse for his behavior. More like, he doesn’t want to say, “Hey, I need to call my side piece” or “I’m sick of being around you, so I’m going to take a breather”. A motive for bad behavior is different than an excuse. 

• Love 2

I don't know, but maybe Amy's being "testy" has to do with knowing that Matt was  most likely cheating with Caryn right under Amy's nose for all those years.  Caryn was a farm employee, and she was carrying on an affair with her married employer, and that just won't go away for Amy.  Granted, Amy should be happy that she's found Chris (if he's her cup of tea, which he clearly appears to be), but Matt's screwing the help must still burn a little, if not a lot.

Yeah, this is one of those unstated things that Matt gets a free pass on and Amy's somehow the bitch to be upset with his bad behavior.

How did Matt and Caryn meet? Caryn is his *employee*. Even if we assume that Matt and Caryn were just employee and boss before the divorce, it doesn't change the fact that Matt's new love is the woman he works with.

Amy, to give her credit, has expressed some concern about how Matt must feel about her dating and having male friends over. 

Has Matt expressed anything other than how much he LOVES Caryn and likes having her over? Matt doesn't seem bothered in the slightest to have his ex wife and his current lover debating his projects in front of him. Matt isn't concerned about how Amy will feel if he brings Caryn to family events, he's only concerned with how Caryn will feel if she's not invited. 

Good lord, Amy is divorced and yet she's expected to kiss Matt's tushie and express her undying love for him and serve his will and needs - why exactly does Amy have to be any thing but PISSED with the man who walked out on her publically and who derides her publically on a nationally shown tv show?

• Love 12

Matt never considered Amy's feelings. Why would he start now? And he's pissed he cannot just over rule her now like he used to.

Just his behavior since the divorce would be enough to make me mad if I were Amy.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Yeah, this is one of those unstated things that Matt gets a free pass on and Amy's somehow the bitch to be upset with his bad behavior.

How did Matt and Caryn meet? Caryn is his *employee*. Even if we assume that Matt and Caryn were just employee and boss before the divorce, it doesn't change the fact that Matt's new love is the woman he works with.

Amy, to give her credit, has expressed some concern about how Matt must feel about her dating and having male friends over. 

Has Matt expressed anything other than how much he LOVES Caryn and likes having her over? Matt doesn't seem bothered in the slightest to have his ex wife and his current lover debating his projects in front of him. Matt isn't concerned about how Amy will feel if he brings Caryn to family events, he's only concerned with how Caryn will feel if she's not invited. 

Good lord, Amy is divorced and yet she's expected to kiss Matt's tushie and express her undying love for him and serve his will and needs - why exactly does Amy have to be any thing but PISSED with the man who walked out on her publically and who derides her publically on a nationally shown tv show?

I think it’s only fair for Chris to become ‘co-manager’ for the farm. He seems to be there a lot and a realtor has a more flexible job than someone who works 9-5. That way, they’re both sleeping with the help. Would even the playing field a bit.  

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Yeah, the leghumpers will chastise Amy until the cows come home for not making her man happy, but if it were to come out he was cheating (which defies a commandment), the "good Christian" leghumpers will pull a Josh Duggar and say "It's not their business" or "The family forgives him so I do too".  She's in a no-win.  And they seem to forget the Bible says "Judge not......." but boy do they judge her.

• Love 9

OMG...Odd's pregnancy saga has been going on f.o.r.e.v.e.r.  Every freakin' time she or her dimwit lesser half are on camera they are waxing idiotic about the planning, the lack of planning, their being ready, not being ready, the due date, the natural birth, the nerves, how each is feeling, the fact that it won't be just the 2 of them anymore, the pain, the doubts, the unknown....GAHHHH!  Have neither of them ever noticed the world around them?  Ever had relatives or friends who successfully gave birth?  Ever thought to ask your doctor or your hipster doofus friends with children what ANY of this was like?  They are acting as if they just emerged from a bubble and are the first couple to procreate in a world that never witnessed a birth.  Yes, every couple is excited and nervous about a baby coming....that's part of the whole experience.  It is not unique to the two useless boobs.  Nor is going past your due date.  

Why is Matt is so trying to keep the charade of Jerk the Wonder Contractor going?  Everyone knows he screwed the pooch with letting water leak and have mold develop.  The work he did on the house is the reason why experienced, licensed contractors had to come back in and rip out everything Jerk did to that kitchen. 

Why do they keep calling the barn the Wedding Barn?  The only events that have been there are your kids' weddings and a Christmas Party for Amy's charity, and now this book signing.  They're all Roloff events. There are no brides selecting this venue for their dream wedding.  It is a barn.  No modifier necessary.

If Matt & Caryn were having an affair before the divorce, then I can totally understand Amy's hesitation around Caryn/Matt hosted events.  Even if she and Chris are happy & ride off into the sunset together, she can still feel resentment for how she was treated through her marriage. IMO, that's normal for a lot of people, myself included.  My negative feelings toward someone from my past are still with me.  They never prevented me from moving forward with my life.  The pain isn't as intense this many years down the road, but the memory of that pain lingers.  

• Love 9

My favorite part (of what of it I watched) was Amy being unwilling to answer a question by telling the producer that she would never give them an answer to their question on camera. I think she has a lot of animosity but is unwilling to throw it all out there. I think that’s pretty smart of her. It will protect her kids and grandchildren from seeing granny get nasty in the future. Believe me!

So, if I was her I’d have plenty of negative things to spew but smart, like her, I’d never put it out there for the family and the public to dissect, argue with, or use as ammunition against me in the future. 

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

OMG...Odd's pregnancy saga has been going on f.o.r.e.v.e.r.  Every freakin' time she or her dimwit lesser half are on camera they are waxing idiotic about the planning, the lack of planning, their being ready, not being ready, the due date, the natural birth, the nerves, how each is feeling, the fact that it won't be just the 2 of them anymore, the pain, the doubts, the unknown....GAHHHH!  Have neither of them ever noticed the world around them?  Ever had relatives or friends who successfully gave birth?  Ever thought to ask your doctor or your hipster doofus friends with children what ANY of this was like?  They are acting as if they just emerged from a bubble and are the first couple to procreate in a world that never witnessed a birth.  Yes, every couple is excited and nervous about a baby coming....that's part of the whole experience.  It is not unique to the two useless boobs.  Nor is going past your due date.  

Why is Matt is so trying to keep the charade of Jerk the Wonder Contractor going?  Everyone knows he screwed the pooch with letting water leak and have mold develop.  The work he did on the house is the reason why experienced, licensed contractors had to come back in and rip out everything Jerk did to that kitchen. 

Why do they keep calling the barn the Wedding Barn?  The only events that have been there are your kids' weddings and a Christmas Party for Amy's charity, and now this book signing.  They're all Roloff events. There are no brides selecting this venue for their dream wedding.  It is a barn.  No modifier necessary.

If Matt & Caryn were having an affair before the divorce, then I can totally understand Amy's hesitation around Caryn/Matt hosted events.  Even if she and Chris are happy & ride off into the sunset together, she can still feel resentment for how she was treated through her marriage. IMO, that's normal for a lot of people, myself included.  My negative feelings toward someone from my past are still with me.  They never prevented me from moving forward with my life.  The pain isn't as intense this many years down the road, but the memory of that pain lingers.  

I'm waiting for Oddj to start saying about how she never knew what true love was until she had a baby, and how no one else can know unless they have one (I get SO sick of hearing that - it wasn't my choice to be infertile).  

Matt can't take any shine off of Golden Boy "Farmer" Jerk.  My husband wanted to know why they just didn't buy a move-in ready home, but that would have meant they couldn't make fun of the way the house currently looked and riff on and on about making it some hipster paradise.  My house screams 1977, but I did what I could to make it look a little less so, and then just ran with the kitschy-ness of it all.  I didn't gut it in 3 seconds with a birth imminent and then scratch my head full of pubes in wonderment trying to figure my next move.

They did a small side series about having weddings on the farm.   A few couples got married there on the show, and Mueller got married there.

My husband always suspected they were fooling around, going back to when she first appeared on the show.  I don't know that there is proof, but I would not be shocked.  Plus, Amy has to look at Matt every day, deal with his pop-ins (tm Seinfeld), etc.  That makes it a little harder to let go, and move forward.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

I haven’t been very active on this board, so forgive me if I’m rehashing the thoughts of previous posters . . .

”Jer” is so openly dismissive of his mother.  As flatline as he is under most circumstances, he can barely seem to muster enough energy to manage anything more than a cursory “mmhmm” to just about anything she says to him.  It’s really sad to watch Amy practically dance around in his presence, all but begging him to join her in her enthusiasm.  Conversely, Jeremy’s interactions with his father are much more lively and respectful.  It wouldn’t be so bad if his lack of respect for his mother weren’t so evident to the viewing public.  I'm no Amy fan or apologist, but she raised all four of those kids with very little actual help and she doesn't deserve to be treated like that by her ungrateful asswipe of a son.

”Auj” (ugh) is one of those insufferable women who believe that they’re the first pregnant woman to ever walk the face of the earth.   Only they have ever felt pregnancy discomfort.  Only they have stretch marks.  Only they have experienced the fun of labor, much less unmedicated, natural labor, for which we should praise and admire them as fearless warriors.  I loathe these women.  After they give birth, they’re the same ones who think their baby is the first one in creation and demand that you look at endless photos of their children on social media and revel as they do in their every action and utterance.  They write a 3,000-word "birth story," which they insist that you read.  Like, we get it.  His spawn met your egg and you reproduced.  I mean, I don't hate kids; I have a teenage daughter whom I love more than cookie dough ice cream (that's a lot).  I just can't stand the constant posturing, preening, navel-gazing, and self-congratulation of "Auj."

I have never liked Chris and my feelings toward him are not softening with time.  He carries himself with a smug over-confidence that I find very off-putting.  Amy's instant forgiveness of his actions worries me.  I totally get that it's a bit more difficult for women of her stature to find long-term partners, especially those of average or above-average height.  I understand that Amy feels that she's lucky to have found Chris, but she seems to display that a bit too often.  As time passes and we see more of their interactions, it is very clear -at least to me- that he calls the shots in their relationship.  I have a feeling that she ignores an awful lot in order to maintain that relationship.  As for her living in that house, I said it before and I'll say it again: She should make it clear to all involved (including "Jer," circling like a vulture) that she has no intention of moving and she'll let them know if she decides otherwise, but until then, the topic is off the table.  Matt can live in that smaller home juuuust effing fine.

100% agree. well spoken. chris makes me uncomfortable too but i can't quite put my finger on it. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, beeziebee said:

It seems pretty obvious that that is what Amy thinks, whether it's true or not. Did you catch the way she snapped at the interviewer when they asked her her feelings about Matt and Caryn?   She said something like, you won't be able to hear that on national television.  Man.....she was hot over it and the language not fit for television? OMG....I don't think you stay that angry if you aren't still in love.  JMO.    And, yet, she must have known of an alleged affair when she signed the Property Settlement, so, it's a not surprise. If Caryn wasn't doing a great job, I don't think Amy would want her helping with the farm business.  

Still, she's eaten up with anger. She needs some therapy.  Deep seated resentment like that will eat her up.  IMO, it causes your body to break down too.  It's not healthy for you physically.    

I don't know the facts about Matt and Caryn.  It might true, but, I do know that Matt and Amy's marriage was in the pits from day one of the show when Matt was still working for corporations and flying around the world.  The Pumpkin farm was a pipe dream, at the time, according to Amy, so, I don't see how Caryn was involved at that time.  It's my understanding that she came to work there when the Pumpkin farm got to be so big. There's no excuse for adultery, imo, but, imo, Caryn didn't destroy already dysfunctional marriage, based on what we were shown. 

• Love 3

Wow, that was boring. I truly do not care about Matt’s self-aggrandizing book, or incredibly basic people talking about their basic babies and basic birth experiences, or any motorcycle road trip ever. I’m just watching out of habit at this point but if it’s starting to aggravate me this much maybe I need to break the habit. 

• Love 4

It amazes me what I consider entertainment these days.  lol  The pickings are pretty slim though.  I do like LPBW, because, it's so familiar.  I've seen the kids grew up, new babies born,  the farm expand, the parties meet new loves, etc.  It's not the worse TLC has to offer, but, the content does get repetitive.  I could play a drinking game by how many times Amy says that something is challenging.  It's not that she's complaining, but, just commenting.  Still, omg.....it's a lot. 

• Love 1

I think the point is that Caryn was working at the farm when Matt and Amy were married and were for several years.  I imagine that Amy and Caryn were on good terms until Caryn's relationship began with Matt and who knows when that happened.  I'm sure Amy feels betrayed by Karen to an extent.

I see a lot of Matt in Chris, he's just quiet where Matt is loud.  Chris has never been married and is in his fifties, I don't see a marriage coming out of this relationship.  It's also bizarre that he would just up and leave her without telling her where he was going on the trip.  She might have thought she was stranded, and that's just scary.

• Love 5

She said something like, you won't be able to hear that on national television.  Man.....she was hot over it and the language not fit for television?

Thats a hell of an assumption, that she was so flaming mad she was gonna scream filth at the camera.

I took it to mean she didn't want to add to the anger by badmouthing her ex on national tv. She can't win for losing - Matt goes on camera all the time that she's a slattern and has cheated him out of the house and is treating him unfairly and is trying to turn the kids against him and he's not bitter or angry at all! 

Amy calmly but pointedly says she doesn't want to discuss her real feelings about Matt/Caryn situation? RAGE BEAST SCREAMING FUCK FUCK FUCK! Bitch is so enraged, she needs herself some deep therapy. 

Maybe she doesn't want to discuss her belief on national television that her husband despised her so much, he was fucking the help under her nose? Gosh, I can't imagine that would be a fun topic for the kids to hear about - that their daddy fucked around with the nice lady they sometimes did chores with at the farm.

The more Matt spews his rage - and he is pissed over the house situation - the more I find it hilarious that Amy is the psycho who needs to be tied down and medicated. 

It's my understanding that she came to work there when the Pumpkin farm got to be so big. There's no excuse for adultery, imo, but, imo, Caryn didn't destroy already dysfunctional marriage, based on what we were shown. 

If she was fucking Matt in 2010, I really think she was committing adultery. I think Matt was committing adultery. There's no excuse for it. Divorce is legal, but Matt committing adultery is ultimately what turned a dysfunctional marriage into one that couldn't be saved. He took a vow to not betray his wife. It amazes me that Amy gets the slut label for having a life after divorce but Matt gets a free pass for fucking around. 

• Love 17

I get the hostility that Amy has for Matt—believe me, I get it. But her anger after being in a new happy relationship for over a year is palpable. Her best revenge would be to exude her happiness around him, be nonchalant, kill them with kindness. There’s something to be said for taking the high road. And in private—bitch with your friends. 

Also, I’m tired of BOTH of them bitching about the farm and having to live near each other. It is their CHOICE to live there. At some point, is it more worth it to live on the farm you raised your kids, or to move on? Look, people move away from homes they lived in for a lifetime all the time—somdtimes when they don’t have a choice. Not living on the farm may hurt, but maybe not. Maybe they would be happier. I moved several times in childhood and certainly don’t have a nostalgic childhood home to go to. Home is where you make it. 

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It seems pretty obvious that that is what Amy thinks, whether it's true or not. Did you catch the way she snapped at the interviewer when they asked her her feelings about Matt and Caryn?   She said something like, you won't be able to hear that on national television.  Man.....she was hot over it and the language not fit for television? OMG....I don't think you stay that angry if you aren't still in love.  JMO.    And, yet, she must have known of an alleged affair when she signed the Property Settlement, so, it's a not surprise. If Caryn wasn't doing a great job, I don't think Amy would want her helping with the farm business.  

Still, she's eaten up with anger. She needs some therapy.  Deep seated resentment like that will eat her up.  IMO, it causes your body to break down too.  It's not healthy for you physically.    

I don't know the facts about Matt and Caryn.  It might true, but, I do know that Matt and Amy's marriage was in the pits from day one of the show when Matt was still working for corporations and flying around the world.  The Pumpkin farm was a pipe dream, at the time, according to Amy, so, I don't see how Caryn was involved at that time.  It's my understanding that she came to work there when the Pumpkin farm got to be so big. There's no excuse for adultery, imo, but, imo, Caryn didn't destroy already dysfunctional marriage, based on what we were shown. 

I do agree with you that perhaps Amy needs some therapy regarding the divorce, but perhaps she is getting it and we are not privy to it? I am saying this just because I do feel it would be beneficial for her to gain some closure/peace about what must have been a very trying time. Even if one's marriage is not the best, if one has been married for 27 years and has four children with someone a divorce can be like a death. Add to that it appears anyway that an emotional connection with Caryn (a woman with whom Amy had some kind of working relationship) may have led Matt to expedite separation and divorce proceedings -- that's going to sting, imo.

Re: the bolded part about the farm--yes, it was a pipe dream when he first proposed it, because Matt had been out of work for a year. Amy had to wonder how this was going to be financed--I recall she had to go back to work to help with "Matt's dream." They had one tv documentary special before they had the series that shows this. Matt had no idea that they were going to be picked up for a series at the time, nor did either one really envision or know that it would continue for so long.

• Love 7

I think part of Amy's anger is being continually pushed by producers to say something rotten about her ex.

Some people seem to think the divorce was a long time ago but it's only been a couple years and Amy has to see hwr tirmentor every day. He should man up and move.

BTW Caren' 2013 divorce forbids her from having the kids at the farm. Doesn't rhat suggest her ex knew something?

• Love 9

I think part of Amy's anger is being continually pushed by producers to say something rotten about her ex.

This. They obviously want her to dish on Matt. I am genuinely surprised and saddened that she gets no credit for not using the show confessionals to lay out exactly what caused the divorce. Unlike Matt, who never hesitates to grin as he bitches about her.

I assume the grin is why he's never cited as being angry. 

Some people seem to think the divorce was a long time ago but it's only been a couple years and Amy has to see hwr tirmentor every day. He should man up and move.

My small disagreement on this point is that the show is Matt's livelihood at this point so I do understand why its awkward for either of them to simply walk away. 

I will say, if he's going to harp and bitch and moan and complain constantly that he's handicapped and the house makes his pain worse, then he needs to consider moving or doing some remodeling. What isn't appropriate is expecting his ex wife to fund a new home for him as a business expense. 

BTW Caren' 2013 divorce forbids her from having the kids at the farm. Doesn't rhat suggest her ex knew something?

That totally suggests that her ex knew something. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Willowsmom said:

how do you know that?

13 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

My small disagreement on this point is that the show is Matt's livelihood at this point so I do understand why its awkward for either of them to simply walk away. 

I will say, if he's going to harp and bitch and moan and complain constantly that he's handicapped and the house makes his pain worse, then he needs to consider moving or doing some remodeling. What isn't appropriate is expecting his ex wife to fund a new home for him as a business expense

I thought Matt had ask her if he could build on the property and if it sold he would be reimbursed for what the new house cost, no.  I know in the past he's wanted her to help him build but the most recent was just wanting his money back if he built it then it was sold.  I can't imagine living next door to an ex, cordial or not an ex is an ex. Wasn't the old house he burnt further away from the main house? I never understood that move, that could have been remodeled and fixed up to where it would accommadate him.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

I thought Matt had ask her if he could build on the property and if it sold he would be reimbursed for what the new house cost, no.  I know in the past he's wanted her to help him build but the most recent was just wanting his money back if he built it then it was sold.  I can't imagine living next door to an ex, cordial or not an ex is an ex. Wasn't the old house he burnt further away from the main house? I never understood that move, that could have been remodeled and fixed up to where it would accommadate him.

Matt said this recently but Amy refused to agree or disagree.

No sane person would agree to have Matt in charge of a budgeted project. You could never trust him to stay on budget or not to cook the books so you wound up paying. Is he gonna want the investment or fair market value?

Frankly the property will be worth more with a second house and Matts just being selfish.

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, MoodyGirl said:

I get the hostility that Amy has for Matt—believe me, I get it. But her anger after being in a new happy relationship for over a year is palpable. Her best revenge would be to exude her happiness around him, be nonchalant, kill them with kindness. There’s something to be said for taking the high road. And in private—bitch with your friends. 

I understand that Matt treated her badly, but it isn't helping her relationship with Chris to carry on with this anger.  She does need counseling if she can't let go of some of these things from the past.  I doubt Chris enjoyed her attitude at the book party.

• Love 3

I thought Matt had ask her if he could build on the property and if it sold he would be reimbursed for what the new house cost,

What this means, since the property is owned by both of them, Matt would put the house on the land and he would live it in, and when they sell the property, they would split the money for the property AND Amy would have to pay him for the house he built. How exactly is that Amy not being screwed?

Wasn't the old house he burnt further away from the main house? I never understood that move, that could have been remodeled and fixed up to where it would accommadate him.

To be honest I think that house really wasn't worth saving. It was in pretty bad shape and just repairing up to code would have been more than the DW. I also dont think it would have accomplished quickly - remember, the DW was Matt's idea and it was really done to accommodate his need to have a separate house on property to run to. They never had a wedding on the property for the wedding business where they even used the DW as the bridal suite.

• Love 2

Coincidentally, I saw an old rerun of Dr. Phil today, in which he was dealing with a family after divorce, and how it had caused the siblings to choose sides, etc., etc., etc.  One thing Phil said was, "When you hold onto that much anger and hatred, it changes who you are as a person."  But I never thought Amy was all that nice to begin with.  Unfortunately, the divorce hasn't changed her into a nicer person . . . it seems to have just magnified who she already was.  She's an "all-or-nothing" type of person.  If you're on her good list, she's an awesome friend; if you're NOT on that list, she has nothing good to say or think about you.  Chris needs to be vigilant.

• Love 5

Amy doesn't should or should  she trust Matt has far as she could throw him. I remember a scene where she asked about finances and he kept her in the dark   Now caryn is pushing their future together and ended it with or you could live here with Amy forever. How old are her kids that it's stated they can't go to the farm.  I find her sleazy when first told about the shower she said it sounded uncomfortable and had plans with her daughter, then after the fact said she was super disappointed she couldn't be there 

From  my own experience when I divorced my first husband I had no annomosity  towards him since we literally grew  up  together. I was happy when he married even giving them a wedding gift. His wife started to resent me and the measly child support ( she stopped working the minute they got married) and  was in his ear all the time.  That's when my attitude changed. Not unlike Amy even though I was happily remarried. He made life miserable as he could. 

Live heared Dr Phil say that expression about changing the children when you fight in front of them. Speaking of married people. 

Matt can live in the Pirates ship that's fair. 

• Love 5
(edited)
33 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

But I never thought Amy was all that nice to begin with.

This. 100%. There's something so off-putting about her. She's very abrasive...in my opinion. 

Great on Matt for writing a children's book; I've always wanted to do that. But those illustrations looked like every other children's book out there. Meh. Didn't like it.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 3

Oh I think if a break up comes between Amy and Chris, that it will be brutally devastating to her. While he will be sad but moving on, if you get me. I hope that's not the case but I really hope some of those girlfriends explain to Amy that you don't have to marry every guy thats nice to you. 

Great on Matt for writing a children's book; I've always wanted to do that. But those illustrations looked like every other children's book out there. Meh. Didn't like it.

The book was cute. It's obviously an ego project but I hope he does well with it. 

• Love 1

This is so funny.  My mom, who watches the show occasionally, just saw an episode and asked me what in the world did that woman do, trading in her handsome husband (Matt) for that one she has now (Chris)?  She said the old one was a handsome man.  This new one.....well....lol.  I thought it was funny.  I've always found Matt attractive, but, I think Chris is too.  

• Love 1

I don't think Amy is still in love with Matt, but I think Matt is still in love with Amy and regrets the divorce. I also don't really believe Matt and Caryn were getting it on before the divorce. I think he took up with Caryn to hurt Amy after she took up with Chris. I could be totally off base though. 

I don't think Amy is still in love with Matt, but I think Matt is still in love with Amy and regrets the divorce. I also don't really believe Matt and Caryn were getting it on before the divorce.

I think Matt always had the "well, maybe I'll just leave" card in the pack and played it, thinking that Amy would immediately beg for him to come back. 

I think Amy, for once, drew a line in the sand over it - she even talked about it on the show, that he was welcome to move back in if he wanted, she was willing to do counseling etc etc etc.. but Matt decided to walk out so Matt had to be the one to decide to move back in. 

That turned it into "Matt losing the fight" because if Matt returned to the house, he was then admitting he wanted to stay married. I think it turned into an ego thing - he was expecting Amy to beg, and she wasn't so he couldn't let her win because Matt pretty much can't admit he's ever wrong. 

. I also don't really believe Matt and Caryn were getting it on before the divorce. I think he took up with Caryn to hurt Amy after she took up with Chris. I could be totally off base though. 

I think he was, but I think it was pretty typical sneaking around and "one day when the kids are grown, I'll leave the wife" until that line in the sand occurred. I think he absolutely delights in asking Caryn to events that Amy will attend.... And I think Amy is wise to ask Chris to not hang around Matt. 

• Love 3

I'm not so sure that Matt would get his money back if he built a new house on the farm.  Would the addition support a real increase in value? What prospective buyer would want two main houses on the property?  For the right buyer, it would be great, but, for most, it would be a wasted house.  I mean, you would have to have people to live there or rent it out.....I'm just trying to envision how it might work.  It seems to be problematic. 

I'm not convinced that Matt wants Amy back. I've never seen Matt look happier or healthier than since he split with Amy.  

• Love 1