Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 22: Spoilers & Speculation

CindyBee
  • Start Topic

I'm just trying to figure out how this situation would benefit Arie. Becca, it benefits as she's sure to get the bachelorette position when this is all said and done. If this never happened, I don't think she would have gotten it. I just don't think she left enough of an impression to get the role. This also benefits the show big time in that they don't get the same proposal ending/ other girl goes home crying situation. It is huge for them. But I just don't get why Arie would agree to this. I do think there is a lot of production stuff going on and probably paying off. But I don't know. I get that this will make for a "different season", but would it really do anything good for arie?

• Love 1

Why would any scenario, truth or fiction,  need to be "good for" Arie? Villains succeed on Reality TV, too! Is the consensus NOT that the whole gig with Ross, e.g., was an agreed-upon farce? What "good" did it do HIM?

As they say, as long as they spell the name right...and pay to do it.

But maybe it is just a simple matter of Arie's changing his mind. Or heart. Or some other body part.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I'm just trying to figure out how this situation would benefit Arie. Becca, it benefits as she's sure to get the bachelorette position when this is all said and done. If this never happened, I don't think she would have gotten it. I just don't think she left enough of an impression to get the role. This also benefits the show big time in that they don't get the same proposal ending/ other girl goes home crying situation. It is huge for them. But I just don't get why Arie would agree to this. I do think there is a lot of production stuff going on and probably paying off. But I don't know. I get that this will make for a "different season", but would it really do anything good for arie?

Not to mention Lauren. This does nothing for her except make her more unlikable. Why would she agree to it? Of course I'm referring to the scenario that this could have all been worked up before the season began. As far as the breakup scene only I can see him agreeing to a staged scene if he wants Lauren that badly. But I have my doubts about that because the show doesn't care about Becca being blindsided. In fact they probably wanted it that way to get a more "raw" reaction. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I think Arie put too much stock into the residual fan love from Emily's season. He probably thought the audience would forgive him since he "followed his heart." He reminds me of some people I've known who have left their spouses for someone else and wreaked havoc on their families, and then expected everyone to be happy for them because they're happier in their new relationship than they'd been in their marriage.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

This may be unfair (moi??) but i think that the key here is his repeatedly expressed fear of being alone.  It is possible that the voiceovers about making the wrong choice were added in.  But if he had any sense (I know, I know) he would just have allowed his relationship with Becca to drift apart and then after the appropriate time of “healing his heart” in true Bachelor fashion would have gotten together with Last Lauren Standing.  But he was probably afraid that she might become the next ‘ette or just say no.  The only good thing about this is that it means we have probably dodged having Tia as a bachelorette.  And this way Arie and Lauren can go on one of those celebrity couples having problems later on.

• Love 3
(edited)

It would appear that some sort of Peru tourism agency had a post on Hulu that ended up spoiling the "winner."  You can either check it out on Reality Steve's Twitter page, or you can go directly to the site of the twitter poster who captured the relevant video on Hulu (before it was taken down; at least, I think the Hulu post was taken down). 

ETA:  To clarify, the post shows the video of Arie getting down on one knee, proposing, and his chosen one saying yes. Or actually, I think she says "Of course!" 

Edited by adhoc
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 3/3/2018 at 1:59 AM, Janc said:

Arie is racing in Australia this weekend, then flying back for two live shows Monday and Tuesday.....  holy jet lag.

image.thumb.png.7d3e77a07d1ea244d1af9830a62c8627.png

Arie is expected to leave Australia in Monday morning and will arrive the same day in LA to make way the 3-hour live finale that afternoon. Flights between Down Under and Pacific US within more than 17-19 hours apart and that will cross International Date Line on the middle of the flight.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
27 minutes ago, adhoc said:

It would appear that some sort of Peru tourism agency had a post on Hulu that ended up spoiling the "winner."  You can either check it out on Reality Steve's Twitter page, or you can go directly to the site of the twitter poster who captured the relevant video on Hulu (before it was taken down; at least, I think the Hulu post was taken down). 

Totally doxxing myself now...that's my Twitter! I saw Reality Steve post about it and I figured I should make myself useful and make that video of it. It is by far the most important thing I have ever Tweeted :-P

• Love 18
52 minutes ago, adhoc said:

This chick Clare is hilarious!  I may have to start following her.  

And OH.MY.GAWD, I think that dress Becca is wearing is hideous.  That illusion net back makes it look like a hooker ice skating costume.   *Blech*

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, leighdear said:

This chick Clare is hilarious!  I may have to start following her.  

And OH.MY.GAWD, I think that dress Becca is wearing is hideous.  That illusion net back makes it look like a hooker ice skating costume.   *Blech*

Moochas gracias! I LOL'd at "hooker ice skating costume," it's so true. Not a fan of "nude illusion netting" in almost any context!

• Love 3
(edited)

As Steve mentioned on his Twitter page, all the doubters of his posting that Arie proposed to Becca can now go suck it.  *LOL* 

Of course, the epic, 5-hour upcoming cry/sob/apology/justification/smootch/excuse fest coming up may still have things we haven't heard about.  

ClareWalks?  You are the Twitter Clare?  TOO AWESOME!  You not only walk, you rock!  :-)

It looks like Becca's dress has a lace ship's wheel under her right arm.  So weird. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, leighdear said:

As Steve mentioned on his Twitter page, all the doubters of his posting that Arie proposed to Becca can now go suck it.  *LOL* 

Of course, the epic, 5-hour upcoming cry/sob/apology/justification/smootch/excuse fest coming up may still have things we haven't heard about.  

ClareWalks?  You are the Twitter Clare?  TOO AWESOME!  You not only walk, you rock!  :-)

It looks like Becca's dress has a lace ship's wheel under her right arm.  So weird. 

It is me! Here I Walks, on Twitter I TweetsALot :) 

The editing on that Hulu video was really weird! It just seemed like a pointless video anyway, the first 4 minutes are clips of them farting around Peru and then out of nowhere they show part of Arie's proposal, LOLOL. Everyone around this show has been really careless in recent seasons, making Steve's job so easy.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

The editing on that Hulu video was really weird! It just seemed like a pointless video anyway, the first 4 minutes are clips of them farting around Peru and then out of nowhere they show part of Arie's proposal, LOLOL. Everyone around this show has been really careless in recent seasons, making Steve's job so easy.

what was the original point of the video? To show places in peru that the bachelor went to? So sort of like a tour that replicates spots from a book or a movie? Why on earth would they need to show the proposal? That's an event, not a place to go visit. (And why on Hulu?)

15 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

Aww, now I feel bad for Becca..... Arie, you're such an ass!

But....but....but.....he's just "following his heart".....right?.....

I'll admit, I've always adored Arie and gave him lots of passes for bonehead stuff he's done in the past, but with this stunt, he's truly acted like a Grade-A Douchenozzle.  

• Love 5
Just now, leighdear said:

But....but....but.....he's just "following his heart".....right?.....

I'll admit, I've always adored Arie and gave him lots of passes for bonehead stuff he's done in the past, but with this stunt, he's truly acted like a Grade-A Douchenozzle.  

I liked him too, and even through a lot of this season. I was willing to not judge based on past stories. But I cannot give him a pass for this.

Here are both girls at the FRC. I for one like Becca's dress. I hate Lauren's.

frc10.jpg

• Love 3

OMG Lauren's dress! It looks like she's not wearing any underwear, and has nothing down there...wait, she really is a mannequin.

I like Becca so I am NOT looking forward to all of this. I get that we are supposed to lap up the drama with a spoon but I only like terrible things happening to terrible people. I have no interest in watching two people I can't stand skip off into the sunset after humiliating someone on national TV.

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

OMG Lauren's dress! It looks like she's not wearing any underwear, and has nothing down there...wait, she really is a mannequin.

LOL that's what I thought too

• Love 2
(edited)

I think Lauren's dress would be pretty if it were black. The snug fit so close to the body with that color is too transparent for my taste. I think the fringe isn't too excessive that it wouldn't work in black.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 2
(edited)

I really like Lauren's dress - it looks sexy and avante garde.    I still remember the wild dress with the nipples half-showing that a French woman wore to my wedding.  I thought her nipples added to the drunken festivities, so I was all for it.   (My mother still brought up the open bar bill years later.)    

I think Becca's dress looks like she bought it at a local department store.    The black and purple look goth-y to me.  

I apparently am in the thin blonde minority on these message boards and I'm Team Lauren all the way!   Goooooo Blonde!

Edited by hyacinth
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Aww, now I feel bad for Becca..... Arie, you're such an ass!

I have no interest in watching two people skip off into the sunset after humiliating someone on national TV.

I agree. If she wants the Bachelorette gig I hope she gets it if not than I hope she's happy and wish her the best. She's been classy through the whole season and can walk away with her head held up. At least she had enough sense not to take someone back who wasn't good for her. Unlike Lauren.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, hyacinth said:

I think Becca's dress looks like she bought it at a local department store.    The black and purple look goth-y to me.  

Where do people buy dresses if not at a department store? I'm serious. Is it not ok to get a gown at a department store that's close by (i.e. local). I'm not joking. Is there somewhere people go to get dresses that I never heard of? Cuz when I need one I look at Nordstrom's, Lord & Taylor, etc. and they are ten minutes from my house. Scared that I'm buying my dresses in the wrong place now. 

• Love 19
(edited)
1 hour ago, TheFinalRose said:

Where do people buy dresses if not at a department store? I'm serious. Is it not ok to get a gown at a department store that's close by (i.e. local). I'm not joking. Is there somewhere people go to get dresses that I never heard of? Cuz when I need one I look at Nordstrom's, Lord & Taylor, etc. and they are ten minutes from my house. Scared that I'm buying my dresses in the wrong place now. 

Having perused Sharleen's blog as well as Possessionista, it seems like most Bachelor contestants shop at "edgy" online stores like Revolve Clothing. But that's a moot point in this case because the FRC dresses are provided by the show's stylist, so Becca didn't pick out that dress herself.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

It is me! Here I Walks, on Twitter I TweetsALot :) 

Loved your tweet and your posts!  I get Hulu and keep forgetting to click on extras.  Damn!  Running over there right now.

Is it bad that I don't know the names of the last 2 women?  Ok the black dress looks better than the white dress when seeing them side by side.  

• Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, hyacinth said:

I still remember the wild dress with the nipples half-showing that a French woman wore to my wedding.

At my son's wedding, first an out-of-town friend and his girlfriend missed the exit and drove to another city 90min away.  When they found their way back, the wedding was over and the reception was in full swing.  The drunk girlriend was a fabulous dancer (she thought so too!).  She was waiving her arms and whilring around in her short dress.  NO UNDERWEAR.  Most of us thought it was kind of funny.  NOT. THE. BRIDE. (or her mother).

Edited by Former Nun
correction to "drunk"
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Having perused Sharleen's blog as well as Possessionista, it seems like most Bachelor contestants shop at "edgy" online stores like Revolve Clothing. But that's a moot point in this case because the FRC dresses are provided by the show's stylist, so Becca didn't pick out that dress herself.

I remember on Ben's season they showed JoJo and Lauren trying on different dresses the show provided for the FRC and what they ultimately picked. The selection might have been limited but they did have a choice. Not sure about other seasons but that's what we were shown for Ben's.

On 2/28/2018 at 12:01 PM, DEL901 said:

. . . 

US Magazine, on the other hand, has this up on their website:  https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/bachelor-arie-luyendyk-jr-called-off-engagement-to-date-his-runner-up/

But ... what about this, from Arie ?
' As Luyendyk confessed to Us, “The finale is going to be very interesting for fans to watch. It’s been an experience I’ll remember forever. It’s going to be fun for me to watch back.” '

"Fun" ??

• Love 9
(edited)
10 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

People were dissing Lauren's quite lovely, beautifully designed dress.   I was merely presenting another, contrasting opinion.   I love Nordstroms, and wish there was one near me.      

Edited by hyacinth
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, hyacinth said:

People were dissing Lauren's quite lovely, beautifully designed dress.   I was merely presenting another, contrasting opinion.   From a thin blonde.   

I am so confused by what your being a thin blonde has to do with anything? I haven't seen "fat brunettes" dissing Lauren but maybe I am missing something.

• Love 9
(edited)

If you read the posts from this week's episode (if you have the time, this was really not meant to be a big deal), you can see that there are a few blonde mentions, which tended to be disparaging.    (There were at least two specific thin or slender blonde references.) 

I changed my post that you quoted as I didn't mean to offend or bother anyone.  I love these message boards and always enjoy even the snarkiest posts.    I was merely sticking up for my peeps.  :-)   Peace and out.   

Edited by hyacinth
to further assuage
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, leighdear said:

And OH.MY.GAWD, I think that dress Becca is wearing is hideous.  

Everything she wears is imo. She just really needs someone to sit her down and help her figure out how to dress. And do her make-up. And fix her hair. 

I am so pumped for this finale. I don't give a shit about any of these people and am a 100% wrong reasons viewer, so this kind of thing is precisely why I watch lol.

• Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, dleighg said:

is this a new acronym I don't know? There are so many....

Drybj is the right hand moved one key to the left. It might be a typo BUT I’m going to start using it, I think. ?

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, hyacinth said:

If you read the posts from this week's episode (if you have the time, this was really not meant to be a big deal), you can see that there are a few blonde mentions, which tended to be disparaging.    (There were at least two specific thin or slender blonde references.) 

I changed my post that you quoted as I didn't mean to offend or bother anyone.  I love these message boards and always enjoy even the snarkiest posts.    I was merely sticking up for my peeps.  :-)   Peace and out.   

Gotcha, I didn't see those so I was like "huh?" LOL. I am a thin brunette but I can't bring myself to feel too bad for Becca. She knows how this show usually goes!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MakeMeLaugh said:
5 hours ago, dleighg said:

is this a new acronym I don't know? There are so many....

Drybj is the right hand moved one key to the left. It might be a typo BUT I’m going to start using it, I think. ?

Guess I'll have to claim my typo (since corrected).  MakeMeLaugh is correct...and the word should have been DRUNK.    I kind of like a Dry BJ though....

• Love 7
8 hours ago, pitchy said:

But ... what about this, from Arie ?
' As Luyendyk confessed to Us, “The finale is going to be very interesting for fans to watch. It’s been an experience I’ll remember forever. It’s going to be fun for me to watch back.” '

"Fun" ??

If this source is reliable and he really said that then he's one cold hearted prick. I'm beginning to think Jef had something when he said before the season started that it wouldn't matter who Arie chose he wouldn't marry any of them. He was even willing to bet Chris H on it with proceeds going to charity. 

I don't believe he cares about either one of these women. Becca dodged a bullet and Lauren's heartbreak is just beginning. If anything she will come out of this looking much worse if this blows up (and I believe it will) because not only will she look dumb for accepting someone who had initially rejected her but that she was a willing participant in causing someone else pain.

• Love 17
(edited)
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I am so pumped for this finale. I don't give a shit about any of these people and am a 100% wrong reasons viewer, so this kind of thing is precisely why I watch lol.

Same. I like both Becca and Lauren fine but neither has chemistry with Arie, so I wouldn't have tuned into this season if I didn't read the spoiler of a switcheroo. Ngl, that's how I usually decide if a season is worth tuning in--by RS spoilers. So I'm excited to see how it would all go down.

Too bad Becca has to be humiliated but that's expected when going on this show. I don't think Lauren should be held responsible for her "pain". That's all on Arie. Even if she said no to Arie, would Arie stayed with Becca or would their relationship last? Heck no.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 2

I always wonder what the lead's contract says in situations like this.  We know the show has most of the control and Arie probably signed away a lot.  Maybe they told him that if he wanted to dump Becca before the show finished airing, he HAD to publicly try to shift right over to Lauren, instead of waiting a while.  That gets them maximum drama and viewership with a lackluster season.  If he refused, they could withhold payment. 

We know his parents have money, but he's a working realtor.  No telling how much cash this show is forking over to him as long as he does what they require. 

1 hour ago, waving feather said:

Same. I like both Becca and Lauren fine but neither has chemistry with Arie, so I wouldn't have tuned into this season if I didn't read the spoiler of a switcheroo. Ngl, that's how I usually decide if a season is worth tuning in--by RS spoilers. So I'm excited to see how it would all go down.

Too bad Becca has to be humiliated but that's expected when going on this show. I don't think Lauren should be held responsible for her "pain". That's all on Arie. Even if she said no to Arie, would Arie stayed with Becca or would their relationship last? Heck no.

I can see your point and I agree Arie is the one responsible for this whole mess but I think being dumped is hard enough to then find out you were dumped for someone else. That adds to the pain. Lauren had to know he was still with Becca when he asked her to take him back. So therefore she had to know by saying yes that he would have to break up with Becca. I can't speak for Lauren but it would be hard for me to be totally happy with a man knowing someone had to be hurt for me to be with him. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

I can't speak for Lauren but it would be hard for me to be totally happy with a man knowing someone had to be hurt for me to be with him. 

I would have a hard time agreeing to go out with a guy who had dumped me to get engaged to another girl he was dating at the same time as me, literally choosing her over me. But then, I would never be in a situation where I'm dating a guy who is dating a bunch of other chicks with the intent on proposing to one of them after a couple months so I really, really can't put myself in these idiots shoes. I have a sense of self worth that would prohibit me in taking part in this freakshow. Not a strong enough one to stop me from watching it though. haha

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I would have a hard time agreeing to go out with a guy who had dumped me to get engaged to another girl he was dating at the same time as me, literally choosing her over me. But then, I would never be in a situation where I'm dating a guy who is dating a bunch of other chicks with the intent on proposing to one of them after a couple months so I really, really can't put myself in these idiots shoes. I have a sense of self worth that would prohibit me in taking part in this freakshow. Not a strong enough one to stop me from watching it though. haha

Same. I was thinking the same thoughts as I was posting. That because it would be hard for me to be a part of that that it would then be hard and impossible to say yes to him. I've never wanted to be part of some messy love triangle. No thanks.

• Love 1