Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: Welcome to a Puerto Rican Baby Shower

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

Briana’s baby shower goes downhill when Luis shows up. Jenelle finally gets her day in court to get Jace back. Kailyn struggles with juggling school, the boys and Javi and Jo. Chelsea takes Aubree out for a girls day. Leah tries to get Ali an aide.

Why does Kailyn wear her shorts SO DAMN SMALL?!! It looks like they are hurting her labia/mons pubis. She can more than afford maternity clothes that fit?

Why does Briana love to start drama? I would expect such behavior out of a Teen Girl but she's 25 years old now. Of course she can have her friends at her baby shower, but she did that to get a rise out of Luis. Good grief. 

• Love 21
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Woooowwww. If I were Puerto Rican, I'd be seriously pissed that MTV is representing trashy Briana as the cultural norm. 

The actual baby shower looks like it's been styled well. The decor is nice and there looks to be appetizing food. The title is a line from the episode so they can always put it on Briana. ?

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I have a question- who is Stacia? Chelsea mentioned she would be there during Adam's visitation, is she appointed by the court? I don't think Adam has any sisters.....

Adams girlfriend 

The one that looks like she could be Mr. Burns great grand daughter 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, ClassyCourtHeels said:

Holy hell Kail bringing her kids to class was awkward as fuck

Completely inappropriate, and unfair to everyone.  Is this how she shows what a professional she is?  

6 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Damn, we have to wait another week to see Jenelle react to the hearing?!

From the pre preview it looked like she wasn't happy afterward.  Because why would she be?  Going for full custody was a ridiculous idea.  Poor little Jace.  

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Sprockets said:

Completely inappropriate, and unfair to everyone.  Is this how she shows what a professional she is?  

and you know she was just being a dick to Javi with the "your dad doesn't have the right car" bullshit.

He could have met her at school and watched them there.  Apparently she's got a lot of sand stuck in those tight shorts and it's rubbing her vagina.

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, ClassyCourtHeels said:

Adams girlfriend 

The one that looks like she could be Mr. Burns great grand daughter 

Oh! Thank you. Well at least she's nice to Aubree. But I question the judgment of any woman who would be attracted to Adam. Does she live with Adam at his parents? Why would she be there when Adam was knocked on drugs?

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Briana really needs to stop saying Luis cheated on her. She was a jump off. She needs to admit there never was a relationship. Lets be real,  Briana behaves like a cum dump and then wants to be treated like a princess. No decent Ward Cleaver type is ever going to pick a chick who doesn't respect herself. Luis and his kind is the best she'll ever get if her behavior doesn't change. Who wants to wife that??

Take a look at her video on her thread. If that is any indication of how she acts in the club, she was just begging for any dude to take her on. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Oh! Thank you. Well at least she's nice to Aubree. But I question the judgment of any woman who would be attracted to Adam. Does she live with Adam at his parents? Why would she be there when Adam was knocked on drugs?

They've been together a long time. Got engaged, broke up, together again I guess.  She was going to college to be a dr or PT or something sometime last yr before she deleted her Instagram.  

• Love 1
Just now, Mkay said:

They've been together a long time. Got engaged, broke up, together again I guess.  She was going to college to be a dr or PT or something sometime last yr before she deleted her Instagram.  

I totally missed all of this- thanks. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

and you know she was just being a dick to Javi with the "your dad doesn't have the right car" bullshit.

He could have met her at school and watched them there.  Apparently she's got a lot of sand stuck in those tight shorts and it's rubbing her vagina.

Did anyone else notice the car/clothes change between Javi's telephone call (Kail was in her white SUV) to suddenly a black suburban and green shirt when they parked at school.  

1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

I totally missed all of this- thanks. 

Welcome. :) 

• Love 5

First off.. whoever is naming these episodes gets a high five from me. Last week and this weeks.. I mean.. 

Anyways. Not that I care about the baby shower.. I don't like Brianna at all. She's annoying. 

Kail.. wow. Bringing your children to class isn't a good idea? I very much doubt had the cameras not been there, she would have been kicked out and she would have been asked to leave. College professors won't take that.  are I mean once in a college course on the first day  I totally forgot to put my phone on vibrate and a unknown called and Taylor swift started blasting in the classroom, and I was horrified throughout that entire semester. I hope Kail is embarrassed about bringing her kids in. I want to have empathy but I can't here. Like someone else stated she could have had Javi come in and watch the kids at school.

Leah.. was fine. Everything with Ali breaks my heart.

chelsea aside from Adam and what we already know.. nothing major.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 12

I usually really like Corey, but good god, please stop letting Ali play baseball before she gets a serious injury.  I was worried that she was going to fall backwards with no helmet on after being hit in the face with the baseball by Aleeah  (although she was on grass).  I just wish they could find activities for her to enjoy that she will be able to do when the ms progresses.  It is really painful and sad to see her playing sports, knowing that this is going to have to come to an end soon.

Edited by kitkat343
  • Love 24
1 hour ago, ClassyCourtHeels said:

Holy hell Kail bringing her kids to class was awkward as fuck

You are all completely correct on her "staged" school scene.  Why wouldn't she bring books or coloring books in too?  She is an ass.  Both she, Janelle and Briana need to be fixed.  This show is just perpetuating their problems and allowing them to have money while still screwing up.  I am impressed with Leah this season.  You can tell she did beat her addiction - good for her.  Chelsea can go on and have a normal, happy life.

Briana and her insane baby shower.  First off - who gets two showers?  You have one and store your shit.  The person who said there was more men than women was correct.  That was a baby shower at the brothel.

• Love 20

Sounds like Kail dragged her kids to class so the staff could have sympathy for the poor single so-called parent who is doing it all by herself and she expects pity. 

Damn hoe-bag. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 23

I'm going to have to FF  thru the Brianna scenes, she's so annoying , always crying and rubbing her eyes. And what's up with the dark patches of skin by the lower right side of her jaw? Is that pregnancy related?  She has a job? Anyone know what she does? 

Why is Javi wanting child support? I thought you didn't do that with 50/50 custody. 

I can't wait for next week to see Jenelle lose and  not get her way in the court case with Jace. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Kail.. wow. Bringing your children to class isn't a good idea? I very much doubt had the cameras not been there, she would have been kicked out and she would have been asked to leave. College professors won't take that.  are I mean once in a college course on the first day  I totally forgot to put my phone on vibrate and a unknown called and Taylor swift started blasting in the classroom, and I was horrified throughout that entire semester. I hope Kail is embarrassed about bringing her kids in. I want to have empathy but I can't here. Like someone else stated she could have had Javi come in and watch the kids at school.

It's rude as hell to everyone involved. If someone brought their kids to my class, I'd have to ask them to leave (not that I'd mind) because it's an official campus policy: no children in the classrooms/instructional areas for any reason. It's mostly about liability, but at least a little about the fact that it's fucking obnoxious and a total distraction to the learning environment. Usually Kale doesn't faze me, but that scene... UGH. I doubt she's embarrassed at all. She is the absolute worst kind of student and human being -- the kind that thinks rules are for everyone else, but she's special. Lots of my students are parents, but fortunately most of them manage to handle their lives and don't make it everyone else's problem. (Conversely, I don't have a draconian attendance policy because I'd rather not spend my limited time on doctors' notes and excruciatingly detailed explanations of child care shenanigans.)

BTW, WhosThatGirl, if you just had the one phone incident on the first day, and were pretty cool and non-disruptive the rest of the semester, then I'm sure it was no big deal. Your professor most likely forgot about it!

• Love 17

One of my favorite things about the coven is that they will chide Brianna for something (like having 400 men at the baby shower) and actually appear sensible and then she'll say "Louis (is his name actually Luis? She pronounces it Louis so that is how I am spelling it) was upset about X (fill in the blank with whatever Roxanne or Brittany chided her about 10 minutes earlier) and suddenly Louis is an unreasonable and insensitive monster and everyone is crying about much of a jerk he is. They are ridiculous. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Usually Kale doesn't faze me...She is the absolute worst kind of student and human being -- the kind that thinks rules are for everyone else,

You think? Kail drives around without a seat belt even when she was pregnant, her eyes are constantly on her phone while she drives, she texts while driving, and she violates all kinds of rules of the road. Putting innocent drivers on the road in harm's way and putting fake restraining orders on her boys' fathers while claiming they are committing criminal acts upon her was when she earned the title of worst human being ever. She is right at the top with Jenelle. Kail taking her children to school just makes her boorish and crass.

Please Jo, take that boar to court and modify that custody order.

• Love 21
Just now, SPLAIN said:

You think? Kail drives around without a seat belt even when she was pregnant, her eyes are constantly on her phone while she drives, she texts while driving, and she violates all kinds of rules of the road. Putting innocent drivers on the road in harm's way and putting fake restraining orders on her boys' fathers while claiming they are committing criminal acts upon her was when she earned the title of worst human being ever. She is right at the top with Jenelle. Kail taking her children to school just makes her boorish and crass.

That's the exact same thing. She violates rules and laws that inconvenience her. That's exactly what I literally just said. Taking her kids to college is less physically dangerous but I didn't really set up the comment as a ranking of Kail's Worst Examples of Being an Asshole. I was just commenting on the part that happened in this episode, and that I have professional experience with.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

I'm a professor, and I've had students bring children to class on rare occasion for emergencies.  But my students were supervising their children and minimizing disruption to the class.  Kail was sitting in a tiny class, texting on her phone (which is rude as hell to do during class by itself) when her two children started whining and crying.  Then she puts down her phone to start discipling them.  I'm happy to welcome most children into my classroom, but I'd have thrown her and those boys right out.  If you have an emergency and need to bring your kids to class, you focus on keeping them quiet and paying attention to the class.  You don't focus on texting your friends to b*tch about which one of your three baby daddies is pissing you off currently) 

BURN!

I wish Kail read this.

• Love 16

I've seen some talk that Barb is just Jenelle Originelle, but this ep should put that to rest: Barb is worried about Jenelle's state of mind, emotions, etc. wrt court. Wow. I've never seen Jenelle give a shite about anyone like that, especially in relation to an event in which she has a vested interest.

Why do Jo's throw pillows match She-Hulk's curtains?

• Love 24
20 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

That's the exact same thing. She violates rules and laws that inconvenience her. That's exactly what I literally just said. Taking her kids to college is less physically dangerous but I didn't really set up the comment as a ranking of Kail's Worst Examples of Being an Asshole. I was just commenting on the part that happened in this episode, and that I have professional experience with.

My professional experience is with victims of DV and other related crimes.

My comment was more directed at the fact that Kail hasn't fazed you much, especially with all that she has done. Whenever anyone resorts to claiming to be a victim of DV when it is in fact false, I take that seriously. Her criminal behavior has truly bothered me since the first time she put hands on Jo (which MTV conveniently edited out).

I wish MTV would phase her out of this life of six-figure living along with the rest of the cast and just shut the damn door on this series.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, SPLAIN said:

My professional experience is with victims of DV and other related crimes.

My comment was more directed at the fact that Kail hasn't fazed you much, especially with all that she has done. Whenever anyone resorts to claiming to be a victim of DV when it is in fact false, I take that seriously. Her criminal behavior has truly bothered me since the first time she put hands on Jo (which MTV conveniently edited out).

I said usually, not never. I was referring to her general bitchery, not every single offense. Nobody here is championing her negligent driving. But congrats to you for having such lofty experience!

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

It's rude as hell to everyone involved. If someone brought their kids to my class, I'd have to ask them to leave (not that I'd mind) because it's an official campus policy: no children in the classrooms/instructional areas for any reason. It's mostly about liability, but at least a little about the fact that it's fucking obnoxious and a total distraction to the learning environment. Usually Kale doesn't faze me, but that scene... UGH. I doubt she's embarrassed at all. She is the absolute worst kind of student and human being -- the kind that thinks rules are for everyone else, but she's special. Lots of my students are parents, but fortunately most of them manage to handle their lives and don't make it everyone else's problem. (Conversely, I don't have a draconian attendance policy because I'd rather not spend my limited time on doctors' notes and excruciatingly detailed explanations of child care shenanigans.)

BTW, WhosThatGirl, if you just had the one phone incident on the first day, and were pretty cool and non-disruptive the rest of the semester, then I'm sure it was no big deal. Your professor most likely forgot about it!

Lol.. yeah it was the one and only time and I like grabbed it and shut it off! I still thought about it everyday, I felt so embarrassed. And I totally agree with everything about Kail that you said.

And yes.. many people I went to to college with were parents too. The difference being that Kail thinks she is a unicorn in the case because she's followed by cameras! I still stand by that if MTV wasn't there, she wouldn't have been allowed to stay. The professor would for sure not have let that happen but even if he had, I'm sure a student would have been like "no". When Kail said they were coming to school with her, I thought maybe her college had a daycare? Some colleges do. Nope. She legit let them sit next to her and disrupt everyone! 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 8

Luis' friend with the blonde highlights reminded me of Teck from Real World Hawaii. 

Briana looks as hideous as Hulk does with the fake ass and the pregnant belly. S-shaped bitches. 

Roxanne: "Did it dawn on you to axe her?" Oy. 

How is it Hulk knew Javi didn't have the right car seats? Or was that a lie she told the boys simply because she got teed off at his "queen" comment? 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

I'm going to have to FF  thru the Brianna scenes, she's so annoying , always crying and rubbing her eyes. And what's up with the dark patches of skin by the lower right side of her jaw? Is that pregnancy related?  

Yeah, patchy darkening of the skin is totally pregnancy related. It sucks for those who are afflicted by it.

I was thinking that both and Brianna and Kailyn are unfortunate with their pregnancy skin.  My skin was fucking awesome. The hormones took 10 years off my face. 

I was a crazy don't-fuck-with-me bitch, but my skin looked ah-maze-ing.

• Love 11

I forgot to mention how awesomely naive Kailyn was when she was saying she wouldn't be taking Chris to court for custody or child support because she knew he would stand up and do right.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I've never been split up with the father of my child, but even *I* know that you go to court, mediation, attorneys, whatever and you get that shit worked out and documented. It makes things easier for everyone. 

On her third swing-and-a-miss, you would think Miss K would know the same. She's never fucking optimistic.

Oh wait, she still loooooooooves him.  

Edited by guilfoyleatpp
  • Love 18

It was strange that Luis's friend brought in that camera, and I don't think it was really to film the other guy.  "Here's so-and-so sitting on a couch at a strangers baby shower".  But we all know that the best thing to do when someone does something stupid is to harp on it and make it a bigger deal than it is, as well as drag it out.  This way, instead of a couple of minutes of tension, you can easily get 20 or 30 minutes of tension.  These women are not happy unless they're miserable. 

• Love 17

Those DeJesus cretins are rude as fuck. How are you going to invite people to your shower, then proceed to interrogate them and make them feel uncomfortable. If I was Luis, I would have bounced as soon as mama psycho started going on about the damn camera. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. 

You can definitely tell that Brianna and Kail went to the same ass surgeon, blech.

The editing is all jacked. Kail's kids didn't even have on the same clothes from the car scene to the school scene. 

I want to go to the butterfly garden.

• Love 11

I understand why Roxanne wouldn't want some random stranger filming the shower, but Briana should be thankful Luis even showed up. They're not in a relationship, he has no connection to her family and she treats him like shit, so I wouldn't have passed judgment if he bailed. Inviting her ex was just tacky and I thought it was funny that neither the ex nor Luis brought a gift.

Regarding Kail, I understand parents have emergencies, but bringing the kids to school on a regular basis is inappropriate. This woman makes 300k a year. What the hell is stopping her from hiring a sitter? Oh, and Chris will do the right thing? Bitch, please. He looked embarrassed to be seen with you at the hospital.

Leah and Chelsea's scenes were nice.

Poor Barb. I don't even know what else to say.

• Love 13

I know I'm really ragging on Briana, but for some reason she enraged me this episode!  Lol  I need to get a life, I know. 

I used to work with a girl like her, a total sad-sack who could literally suck the energy out of you if too much time was spent with her.  She was nice enough, but damn, zero self-awareness.  One day another girl we worked with told her 'I really have to psych myself up to be around you because you're so negative about everything'.  I think it was the first time it occurred to her how other people perceived her.  She didn't completely change, but it did get a little better.  I think this is what needs to happen with Briana.  But it has to come from the right person or she won't listen.  Someone not too close to all her shit. 

• Love 13