Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: Welcome to a Puerto Rican Baby Shower

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Nothing.  Disrespectful is inviting an ex fuckbuddy.  Sure, it might have been polite to ask before filming, but as Luis calmly pointed out SEVERAL times, they weren't filming.  Also, the Sleaze Harem wouldn't know Respectful if it crawled up inside them and paid rent.   

Was he even a fuckbuddy or just as Brianna put it  " the guy with the truck who use to bring me flowers."

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Was he even a fuckbuddy or just as Brianna put it  " the guy with the truck who use to bring me flowers."

I guess I assumed those qualifications were more than enough for Brianna to have sex with him.  A truck AND flowers!  I may be wrong, of course.  

• Love 10

As someone else said here, Brianna somehow manages to make her drama boring. They set up situations where everyone is destined to fail, and everyone does. Along the way there is complaining and Brianna's mom speaks sternly to people. Brittany makes snide comments.  The end.

With Kailyn, I think they inserted another scene of her taking the boys to class (I'm sure it's happened numerous times) and one where they had the teacher looking annoyed and the boys not having adequate, age appropriate activities and thus "misbehaving." She mentioned in the car she had to go take her final, which was definitely not what that class was.

Mr. Guilfoyle mentioned that Leah had her pillses lean on in the car when she was on the phone on her way to the IEP meeting. Once he said it, I saw it too. The Leah Lean.  I did think that if my kid had the chronic medical issues that Allie does, I would be tempted to self medicate also. That's rough. But they really do need to keep her helmet on.  WTF.

Speaking of trying to parent children with chronic conditions, Barb is delusional about who Jenelle really is. She keeps trying to convince herself that Jenelle only does these terrible, destructive things because of the men she chooses.  That's not it. Jenelle is who she is. It's not David or Nathan or Courtland who makes her behave badly. Those are her choices. That is who she is. She has diagnoses that she chooses to ignore and acts out in ways that cause destruction in her own life.  David will end up harming or killing her.  He might end up her forever mate, but only by default of being the last one.

• Love 23

Briana is irritating to every single one of my senses.  She's incapable of handling her own shit and only when she gets called out when she does something knowingly shitty does she find her spine.  And then her chosen way of expressing her anger is to scream "HE CAN SUCK MY DICK!!!" in a house full of her family members and children.  She's trashy.  

And if I have to hear her complain about how she's "all alone" in this I'm going to rip my hair out.  Her choices put her in this position.  There was no reason in the world for her mother to open up on Luis' friend for having a camera.  It's a baby shower, lady.  People film those.  Stop acting like he's gonna get a mob hit on camera and you'll all be on Dateline.  No one gives a shit about you and your fucked up daughter.

Brittany also needs to go away.  Her puffed up chest every time someone dares make Briana upset is eye roll inducing.  She's one of those girls who's always talking about beating someone's ass but has never actually done it.

I wonder if anyone currently around Jenelle has the balls to tell her that everything in her life is her fault at the moment.  Her lawyer is puffing her up about how she's got a good chance at custody....but from where I sat, she never had a shot.  I think Jenelle is under the impression that because her other kids haven't been taken away from her and are marginally taken care of, the judge will see that and see no reason to keep Jace from her and that just shows how delusional she is.  And also that she doesn't care about Jace.  Jace is old enough to have a say now and while no one's saying it....I'd bet that when he was asked who he wanted to live with, he said Barb.  But instead of maybe seeing that as a cry for help from Jace and taking the necessary steps to fix that situation so that one day he MIGHT give her name when he's asked that question, she just blames it on Barb as if Barb is coaching him.  Jenelle has no self-awareness.  Everyone is always against her and after her and trying to upset her.  Keep Jace away from that Barb.  Please.  Growing up with a mother who blames him for her emotional state will fuck that kid up worse than he already is.

• Love 19

I had to wait to go to college until my kids started school. There were times I brought them (kindergarten, first grade, second grade) to class with me. It was never a big deal, they had coloring books, books to read and they knew to sit quietly in the back and entertain themselves. Kail just likes being a victim- boo hoo, look at what Javi did to me! I'm so very flustered! This is such a distraction that I may not graduate in time! 

And getting an aide for Allie isn't exactly storming the Bastille. It's pretty much a given if the teachers are suggesting it. So Leah can take it down several notches with the "I'm gonna fight for my girlses no matter what it takeses! I'll even go to a meeting!" histrionics. 

Brianne? Just...sigh. That's all. 

• Love 20

But I know it's hard for teens to understand how much of their life it will affect.  I've decided that I'm going to have him watch Kail, Jo, and Javi's stories in full.  Let him get tired of just watching a bitch on a power trip over a period of years.  Let him feel the frustration of the fact that, like it or not, fathers generally get the short end of the stick.  (While simultaneously pointing out the things the men have also done wrong.) 

I am picturing a Clockwork Orange sort of scene where teen boy is restrained in a chair with his eyelids propped open...

• Love 21
59 minutes ago, KikiBda said:

Two things...

what were they going to record/video

why is Kail so against 50/50 with Jo....doesn't Javi have 50/50

Javi has 50/50 because he was married to the hosebeast and a schedule was secured by the attorneys. Jo was never married to that thing. She was viewed as the primary parent.

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, eskimo said:

But she doesn't need that now, so it's back into the woodwork with you Jo, until you are summoned again.  The attitude with which she said 'no' was really a problem for me, too.  She could have said 'Hey, would tomorrow night work for you?'.  

I think that's what irks me about Kail. I understand why she wouldn't want Jo coming over when she's at the point in her day where she's trying to get the kids settled down and ready for bed, but she doesn't have to be so confrontational and rude about it. All she had to do was say "hey, it's getting a little late, why don't we make plans for you to come over earlier tomorrow?." Instead she just flies off the handle. She can never just have a normal adult conversation.

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think that's what irks me about Kail. I understand why she wouldn't want Jo coming over when she's at the point in her day where she's trying to get the kids settled down and ready for bed, but she doesn't have to be so confrontational and rude about it. All she had to do was say "hey, it's getting a little late, why don't we make plans for you to come over earlier tomorrow?." Instead she just flies off the handle. She can never just have a normal adult conversation.

She had her crazy friend over too.  Why couldn't jo come over for a few minutes. It's Kails way or no way.  

• Love 11
11 hours ago, nikita said:

???

I used to sort of feel for Briana and her fam, but they kind of lost me when her mom was saying Luis and the camera was "sooo disrepsectful!" Er, no. There's so much worse he could've done. I wonder if Roxanne and/or Briana have depression or vitamin deficiency (or both) because those conditions can make it difficult to cope with any complication -- small, perceived, or otherwise.

I think they are just drama lovers to the nth degree, but Roxanne does have Lupus. According to Dr. Google, people with Lupus often have mood swings, depression, anxiety, fatigue (which can do a number on one's mental health), as well as what's called "Lupus fog," where it can be hard to concentrate/understand, etc.  Emotional stress can make Lupus worse, so.... yeah, Briana's life choices aren't gonna help Roxanne any.... 

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Kail is against 50/50 for Jo because then they will have a set custody schedule. As of now it's very random -- at the service of the queen.  She calls the shots. 

They could still do that.  I know plenty of people who have 50/50 split custody with their exes who float their schedule based on the kids' needs.  It's just a matter of mutual agreement.  I think it's more that Kail is a control freak and can't stand anyone changing the agreement but her.  

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Linny said:

Every week Briana's drama is the same. Luis: breathes. Briana and Roxanne: "OMG, how dare you steal that air from Briana! She's carrying your child, Luis, she needs that oxygen! Stop being so disrespectful! What is wrong with you?!" I don't like the guy, but he absolutely cannot win with this family.

This is so spot on. LMAO!!!

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Lemur said:

They could still do that.  I know plenty of people who have 50/50 split custody with their exes who float their schedule based on the kids' needs.  It's just a matter of mutual agreement.  I think it's more that Kail is a control freak and can't stand anyone changing the agreement but her.  

the kids get needs?  are we watching the same show?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Abmis said:

I think you meant Watson, but this gave me a much needed laugh this morning.   Thank you!

I DID! but now I'm laughing as well. 

Maybe I'm just subconsciously rejecting the name Watson. 

3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Regarding Briana, I wonder if the family knew at the time that the baby was a result of a club hookup. Briana might have been selling them the lie that she and Luis were in a serious relationship and he "cheated" shortly into the pregnancy. For some reason I get the vibe they were forming opinions with incomplete information.

Oh, they absolutely were. Brianna wanted to Luis to arrive and pretend they were still together! She clearly feels some shame and doesn't want to admit to her entire family what the situation is. But, at the same time, she can't stop her petty self from inviting an "ex" to get under Luis's skin, even if it would raise red flags to her "happy family" narrative. 

3 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

For the record I hate baby showers, and I'm a woman.  I avoid them as much as possible.  The part where everyone sits in a circle around the mom to be while she opens the gifts and then each gift gets passed around the circle for everyone to oooh and aaaah over is on par with the seventh circle of hell.

Even from the recipient end I hate that part! It's so awkward. I always wonder, "Am I gushing enough over Becky's plain, white onsies? I don't want her to think I'm unappreciative. But they're just white onsies". For real. I have NO poker face. So I'm always terrified an ugly outfit will come out and I'll have trouble trying to look like it's the cutest thing on the planet. 

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Even from the recipient end I hate that part! It's so awkward. I always wonder, "Am I gushing enough over Becky's plain, white onsies? I don't want her to think I'm unappreciative. But they're just white onsies". For real. I have NO poker face. So I'm always terrified an ugly outfit will come out and I'll have trouble trying to look like it's the cutest thing on the planet. 

Showers are horrible. I referred to myself as a "shower victim". Wedding showers are bad too. Last one I went to, I had already bought the gift from a registry and sent it directly to the couple (their mailing info was right on the registry). So I went to the shower, looking like a cheapass guest who didn't even bring a gift. When did all this stuff become such a thing? I remember when it was a girl's mother and aunts and girlfriends threw a shower, at someone's house, and you got some housewares (wedding) or baby essentials (baby). You played some dumb games or just sat around and ate cookies and punch. Now people rent halls and have caterers and sign up for registries. Its exhausting. Oh, and get off my lawn. /old

• Love 24
27 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I loved when Kail was all, "I'm not a chef" - in the sense of "I'm only cooking one meal", but then Lincoln responded - "That's right! You're NOT a chef" - in the sense of, "Your cooking sucks, bitch, get me some Taco Bell."

Mr. Guilfoyle and I both shouted "PUTA" at the end of Lincoln's comment. I love that kid.

• Love 18
49 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I loved when Kail was all, "I'm not a chef" - in the sense of "I'm only cooking one meal", but then Lincoln responded - "That's right! You're NOT a chef" - in the sense of, "Your cooking sucks, bitch, get me some Taco Bell."

That kid is GOLD. 

lol 

I miss Lincoln calling Kail PUTA! PUTA! PUTA! I keep hoping he will say that again. 

Lincoln told Kail, "We don't have guns. We have lasers." I wanted him to add, "I want to laser your ugly face and those tattoos."  

Lincoln is a miniature Javi with those sarcastic comments. Keep 'em coming, Lincoln. 

Kail can't even bother to make her own taco shells. She should have just bought Taco Bell or Del Taco instead. 

Baby showers can be nice, depending on the person and the circumstances. I just can't get behind renting a place. It is not a wedding.  They are becoming ridiculous just like those reveal parties. Just keep it simple. No need to have a big ass reveal party. Speaking of reveal parties, Kail should have one. The big reveal would be "Who's the daddy?" 

Nothing.  Disrespectful is inviting an ex fuckbuddy.  Sure, it might have been polite to ask before filming, but as Luis calmly pointed out SEVERAL times, they weren't filming.  Also, the Sleaze Harem wouldn't know Respectful if it crawled up inside them and paid rent.   

Yep. Briana and her clan always have to argue about something. It is like they all have a permanent dick up their asses. 

OMG @BitterApple. My jaw just hit the ground. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 11
53 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Oh, they absolutely were. Brianna wanted to Luis to arrive and pretend they were still together! She clearly feels some shame and doesn't want to admit to her entire family what the situation is. But, at the same time, she can't stop her petty self from inviting an "ex" to get under Luis's skin, even if it would raise red flags to her "happy family" narrative. 

Clearly not enough shame to keep her off the show, but then again, look at Baby Daddy #1.  And she's beyond petty, she's full-on passive aggressive. But hey, thank God she invited her ex-with-the-truck.  At least *someone* was watching the kids play in the pool while the Coven of Harpies were sharpening their talons and rolling their eyes.

I stopped getting invited to these things when I made it a point of publicly removing myself before the games started, usually to the bar. (And not going if there wasn't a bar to remove myself to, because let's face it, it's another party that's just a cash/gift grab.)

• Love 9
17 hours ago, ClassyCourtHeels said:

Adams girlfriend 

The one that looks like she could be Mr. Burns great grand daughter 

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I googled her and I cannot even.  

Once again I am not able to control my laughter at work and I am busted for being online!

3 hours ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

I am thinking that kail doesn't want 50/50 parenting with jo because not only would jo no longer be paying support, but kail would need to pay him.  She could end up paying all 3 of her baby daddies!

I really really hope this happens!

• Love 9

The coven breaking down in the freaking pizzeria has got to be one of my favorite scenes on this show in years. "HE BROUGHT A ROLLING CAMERA. WHO DOES THAT?? WAAAAAH!" I don't know, Roxanne. Who plans their own baby shower, admits it is just for gifts, repeatedly tells everyone she planned the whole thing herself, arranges to have her 2nd non-upgraded baby daddy pretend to still be dating her to save face with her family and then invites her ex-boyfriend (or some guy who "used to bring me flowers all the time" - is that a boyfriend?) to the shower? Then they are all sitting there crying. What even. The whole thing is like a really poorly written and acted Tennessee Williams play. 

This x 1,000,000. I like to call that scene "The Coven & The Table of Tears". Even bad ass Britney started crying!

And sorry, but I DO think that not only was it skeevy that those guys brought a full-on studio camera to the shower, but it was also weird that Luis brought 27 of his guy friends. The fuck?

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

This x 1,000,000. I like to call that scene "The Coven & The Table of Tears". Even bad ass Britney started crying!

And sorry, but I DO think that not only was it skeevy that those guys brought a full-on studio camera to the shower, but it was also weird that Luis brought 27 of his guy friends. The fuck?

Maybe Luis' friend, Teck-look-alike, graduated with a mass communications degree, like Karl, and he wanted to try out his new-found skillzzzzz at the party in the hopes that MTV hires him. 

11 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I'm already 'shipping Lincoln & Gracie (in 2035ish, not as teens).

Let's make it Gracie and Lincoln. :-)   

I want those two to start writing their books NOW.  Lincoln's book will be titled "You Ain't No Chef - This Ain't Your Mama's Cookbook." 

• Love 13
31 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

And I can understand why Roxanne flipped her shit, if she and the rest of the Coven are under contractual obligation to MTV.  That sort of thing could have tossed some legal wrenches into their payday. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Lemur said:

And I can understand why Roxanne flipped her shit

I can understand it too, but only if we agree the coven, and Roxanne in particular, are a steaming pile of classless trash.  Because otherwise you go to Luis and calmy and quietly tell him the camera must be taken away.  

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

I can understand it too, but only if we agree the coven, and Roxanne in particular, are a steaming pile of classless trash.  Because otherwise you go to Luis and calmy and quietly tell him the camera must be taken away.  

Exactly. 

Even if there was some legal hassle regarding the filming (I don't think so) 1) I think the MTV producer could have easily figured out that wasn't Roxanne or her daughters' doing and they would have intervened and 2) that is hardly a reason to scream like a fucking banshee. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

that is hardly a reason to scream like a fucking banshee. 

Of course.  But that is Roxanne's default position.  I speed through quite a bit of the Briana sections because it's all just too seedy and trashy.  It actually makes me feel dirty and depressed.   

Speaking of which, while Briana was telling the coven her cartoon version of her "relationship" with Luis, (adoption/he cheated) her daughter was sitting right there!  Poor little girl has no chance.  

Edited by Sprockets
typo/fat fingers
  • Love 14
19 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Why does Kailyn wear her shorts SO DAMN SMALL?!! It looks like they are hurting her labia/mons pubis.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for that.  Not words you see often, unfortunately.

18 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

I usually really like Corey, but good god, please stop letting Ali play baseball before she gets a serious injury.  I was worried that she was going to fall backwards with no helmet on after being hit in the face with the baseball by Aleeah  (although she was on grass).  I just wish they could find activities for her to enjoy that she will be able to do when the ms progresses.  It is really painful and sad to see her playing sports, knowing that this is going to have to come to an end soon.

It was horrible to watch her run on her crooked legs.  And just as an empirical observation--not a good looking child.  She almost looks like she has that disease that makes little kids look really old.  Whatever--it couldn't hurt to brush her hair.  She always looks sticky to me.

17 hours ago, TeeMo said:

1. Can any of these girls do math? Did Jenelle tell her lawyer that she and David were together 3 years or did I misunderstand that exchange? They got together in summer/fall 2015. The hearing was in May 2017. Did she have the same math teacher as Amber who continually insists that she and Matt were together for much longer than they actually were?

She said they were going into their third year together, or the like.  Something clunky enough for me to think, "That means they haven't been together for three years."

8 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Line of the night goes to Brittany, "I'm legit stressed, I have a bald spot! You cannot see it but it's there."

I can't stand Brittany, but I have to admit she can be kind of funny. 

And speaking of bald spots, poor Jo.  A camera looking down on him from above is not his friend. 

3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And watching Briana's comically hugely enhanced ass lumber up the stairs was worth the price of admission. That and her lavender dress with her elegant bra straps peeking out. So classy.

I'd noticed her huge ass before, but thought it was just pregnancy fat.  A couple of weeks ago, between her pregnant belly and her ass, she looked like an S.  But I've learned it's intentional.  Wow.

And props for the mention of the bra straps.  I'm old, so I'm just now kind of almost coming to terms with them in casual wear, but with that dress?  That dress was so special that she just had to wear it, even if it meant her bra would be showing?  Um, no. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

But I've learned it's intentional.  Wow.

Did I miss aomething?  That ass is "intentional?"  Did she have fat injections?  Because it looks like ten pounds of shit in a five pound bag.  

11 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

And props for the mention of the bra straps.  I'm old, so I'm just now kind of almost coming to terms with them in casual wear, but with that dress? 

And the bra why?  So her figure would look nice?  That ship has sailed.  

• Love 4

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for that.  Not words you see often, unfortunately.

Unfortunately, Kail doesn't wear the proper size for her bigfoot size ass. Her shorts are five times too small. They appear to be forced up into her vagina and are likely touching the sides of her cervix. They have gone beyond her labia. 

Just now, Sprockets said:

Did I miss aomething?  That ass is "intentional?"  Did she have fat injections?  Because it looks like ten pounds of shit in a five pound bag.  

Yes. Briana and Kail both went to the same doctor and had fat transferred into their asses. Briana also had a vaginal rejuvenation and I believe a boob job. She will return in January to get more work done. Kail also had several procedures done. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, GreatKazu said:

Unfortunately, Kail doesn't wear the proper size for her bigfoot size ass. Her shorts are five times too small. They appear to be forced up into her vagina and are likely touching the sides of her cervix. They have gone beyond her labia. 

Yes. Briana and Kail both went to the same doctor and had fat transferred into their asses. Briana also had a vaginal rejuvenation and I believe a boob job. She will return in January to get more work done. Kail also had several procedures done. 

Is he the one who does her lips? If so, JesusGod, stay away!

• Love 4
Just now, GreatKazu said:

Yes. Briana and Kail both went to the same doctor and had fat transferred into their asses.

Christ on a crutch!  Just when I thought nothing could surprise me.  Well I guess if they paid for that shit we can talk about it without the least reserve.  Whyohwhyohwhyohwhyohwhy. . . . 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:
18 hours ago, TeeMo said:

1. Can any of these girls do math? Did Jenelle tell her lawyer that she and David were together 3 years or did I misunderstand that exchange? They got together in summer/fall 2015. The hearing was in May 2017. Did she have the same math teacher as Amber who continually insists that she and Matt were together for much longer than they actually were?

She said they were going into their third year together, or the like.  Something clunky enough for me to think, "That means they haven't been together for three years."

Yeah, I have a girlfriend who used to do this. When she got together with one of my best friends, she would always claim they were together a year more than what they actually were, because she counted the year they got together as "year one" in the scheme of "years together"...I finally asked her..."OK, so you got together on June 1st, 2001...did you consider it your 2 YEAR anniversary on "June 1st, 2002?". She was like "oooooh, you're right". Maybe if Jenelle had friends she'd have someone to explain it to her. 

• Love 8