Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: Welcome to a Puerto Rican Baby Shower

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I can believe the gas station theory because I have had men flirt with me at the gas station. (Not homeless men looking for money ?). If it's happened to me I can believe it's happened to Chelsea. They usually offer to pump my gas or talk to me about my car etc etc. 

LOL at homeless men looking for money!!! ??? I actually did have a homeless man ask me to give him a ride at the gas station one time. He was SCARY! I thought he was going to murder me so I went in the convenience store part. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Christina87 said:

LOL at homeless men looking for money!!! ??? I actually did have a homeless man ask me to give him a ride at the gas station one time. He was SCARY! I thought he was going to murder me so I went in the convenience store part. 

Yes because we know the homeless men looking for money don't count!!

I can see being scared- especially if you were alone and it was night time etc. 

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I can believe the gas station theory because I have had men flirt with me at the gas station. (Not homeless men looking for money ?). If it's happened to me I can believe it's happened to Chelsea. They usually offer to pump my gas or talk to me about my car etc etc. 

It's happened to me, too. It still does! I guess the wedding ring doesn't stop a guy from trying. Or they are blind and they don't see the ring. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

Well dang, now I know why I am still single after my divorce.  We aren't allowed to pump our own gas here!  

Lol. Oddly it's a place random men have a lot to say. The gas station and Whole Foods.....

1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

South Dakota is in the Midwest though...or am I missing something?

South Dakota is in the Midwest.....goodness both Chelsea and I live in the Midwest. This thought is tramautizing for me ?. Yet our cultural experiences couldn't be more different (Chicago gal). 

No you aren't missing anything @Rebecca I'm the one in denial. 

• Love 3
On 9/17/2017 at 0:54 PM, Jeanne222 said:

I was thinking of all the Teen Moms none of them have a natural sibling.  They all have steps and half brothers and sisters.  So much for Teen Mom $$$!

Leah has twin daughters which make them natural siblings.  That's about it.

Natural?

People can have a loving and solid sibling relationship without the technicalities getting in the way. Blood doesn't make people love one another. I am an adopted child. To me, that is natural because my siblings and I were chosen to be part of our family.

• Love 8

I don't understand Brianna and family's outrage at Luis. Brianna was some one night stand who got knocked up. They weremt a couple. Brianna is gross. Who invites an ex to a baby shower when ur preggers with some random dudes baby? 

Was funny that Aubrey was freaked out by the butterflies. She is adorable. What the hell was Janelle babbling about that her few months old baby was talking more? Felt so bad for Ali. 

Leah saying she hasnt been on a date since her divorce with Jeremy? Wtf! She was living with TR Dues! 

I'm glad Jo is finally going to pursue custody. Kail says she didn't want Jo to have 50/50 custody but she has no problem with Jo keeping Issac all the time  so she can run around kid free. Ironic that had Kail stayed in Pennsylvania Jo may have a more difficult time obtaining 50/50 custody. But since Kail moved to Delaware that state prefers 50/50 lol

• Love 5
On 9/15/2017 at 1:06 PM, CofCinci said:

Because she is a bitch.

"Because she's a bitch, honey". Are there any veterans of the old Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee thread on TWOP? Whenever someone was face palming over some abuse of food she was perpetrating, and wailing "why, why, WHY?" as we often did, someone would reply "because she's drunk, honey".

The go to response to any existential wondering about Kail's motivations could be: "Because she's a bitch, honey"!

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Two weeks ago I was pumping gas and I saw a young girl ask a guy in service truck of some sort (plumbing?) to help her put air in her tire. He ended up doing it entirely and I was annoyed that she didn't seem interested in learning how to do it herself. But there was definitely a "moment" between them. You never know.....next Chelsea and Cole???

• Love 5
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:55 PM, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

Yes, Oregon.  :)

lol  So many years ago I attempted to pump my own gas while in Oregon on my way to Washington. That is when I learned you can't do that there. 

• Love 1

My husband is an Oregon native, and I lived in Portland with him for a few years when we were first together. It's SO nice not to have to pump your own gas in the winter, especially when it's raining. It does often make for longer wait times, though. 

I still remember when we drove down to California for a wedding and stopped for gas. He went in to get snacks and drinks and came back out to find me waiting and wondering where the gas station attendant was. I forgot!!!!

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

My husband is an Oregon native, and I lived in Portland with him for a few years when we were first together. It's SO nice not to have to pump your own gas in the winter, especially when it's raining. It does often make for longer wait times, though. 

I still remember when we drove down to California for a wedding and stopped for gas. He went in to get snacks and drinks and came back out to find me waiting and wondering where the gas station attendant was. I forgot!!!!

Ha! I remember once a couple asked me to pump their gas for them. I was like "huh?!!!" They then explained they lived in Oregon and didn't know how to pump gas?. I was happy to show them. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Ahhhh, gas station snacks are the best parts of every road trip!!!! I love that I get exactly zero judgment from my boyfriend on my choices during those times. ?

• Love 7

Hahahaha When we visit Oregon we always made sure to in Washington first. Even once while on the Oregon side of the Columbia River Gorge, we crossed a bridge to pump our own gas. Lol We aren't used to all that.  

• Love 2
On 9/13/2017 at 4:03 PM, Mr. Minor said:

I just watched this shit show again, my wife had not seen it. It took a baby shower to bring out the true scumbag in Briana. 

Speaking of scumbags, the scene when Karl took the boys to class, she has absolutely no self awareness or consideration for anyone. Karl is the most hideous human on TV, and yes I have seen Danielle from 90 Day Fiancé.

Even worst the danielle "prostituution whoooaah" staub? #rhnj lol 

• Love 2

There is something that has bugged me about Brianna since her 16 & Pregnant episode that I always have a hard time explaing coherently, but I'll try. She always seems to think parenthood is all about her. For all of her lip service, I don't think she understands that there is a difference between "good father" and "good boyfriend".  I always get the feeling when she complains about her baby daddies what she's really complaining about is that they don't pay enough attention to her. I remember way back when Nova was born she was hemming and hawing about putting Devion on the birth certificate and finally decided he wasn't treating her (Brianna) with respect so she left him off. I was sort of like "that's not exactly the point?" Plenty of really good parents can't stand the person they had the kid with. It's unfortunate, but it does happen and they can still be good parents. Now I'm not saying I think either of these deadbeats is a good father, I'm pretty sure they both suck, but I don't think that's what's bugging Brianna. I think it kills her that they're not good boyfriends. A part of me always wonders if they were still mediocre-to-shitty dads, but really good boyfriends that paid attention to Brianna and bought her things and told her they loved her, would she still be bothered that they don't take much responsibility for the kids? I don't really think so.

• Love 15

@FozzyBear I agree with you. And it doesn't help Brianna gain any self awareness because technically she's right, these guys are bad fathers but she's focusing on the wrong things.

Brianna is like Leah (without the marriages and pill addiction), she's an emotionally hungry person and a bit of an attention whore who's been enabled. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

@FozzyBear I agree with you. And it doesn't help Brianna gain any self awareness because technically she's right, these guys are bad fathers but she's focusing on the wrong things.

Brianna is like Leah (without the marriages and pill addiction), she's an emotionally hungry person and a bit of an attention whore who's been enabled. 

Totally. She's picking guys that are just all around losers, but I think at her core she's a lot like Kali in that she thinks being a good father is only about being a support system for the mom, not about being a support system for the kids. Even if Brianna found a guy who was into her and "stepping up" I still think what she would want from him as a father would mostly consist of money and the occasional child care if she had plans. That triffling nonsense about inviting her ex was so transparently about making Louis jealous. That was boyfriend drama, not coparent drama.

speaking of which, can we talk about how awesome it was to watch Cole and Chelsea talk about dividing up the kids for the day and no mention of the word "babysitting!" Because you don't babysit your own damn kids no matter how traditional your household is. Cole and Chelsea for the win!

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

There is something that has bugged me about Brianna since her 16 & Pregnant episode that I always have a hard time explaing coherently, but I'll try. She always seems to think parenthood is all about her. For all of her lip service, I don't think she understands that there is a difference between "good father" and "good boyfriend".  I always get the feeling when she complains about her baby daddies what she's really complaining about is that they don't pay enough attention to her. I remember way back when Nova was born she was hemming and hawing about putting Devion on the birth certificate and finally decided he wasn't treating her (Brianna) with respect so she left him off. I was sort of like "that's not exactly the point?" Plenty of really good parents can't stand the person they had the kid with. It's unfortunate, but it does happen and they can still be good parents. Now I'm not saying I think either of these deadbeats is a good father, I'm pretty sure they both suck, but I don't think that's what's bugging Brianna. I think it kills her that they're not good boyfriends. A part of me always wonders if they were still mediocre-to-shitty dads, but really good boyfriends that paid attention to Brianna and bought her things and told her they loved her, would she still be bothered that they don't take much responsibility for the kids? I don't really think so.

This is why some of us believe the adoption threat was really done out of spite, not that she really intended to go through with it. She was using adoption to punish Luis. Briana said "Luis fucked up [cheating]" when asked why she was going the adoption route. For Briana, it's the whole package or nothing. You can't impregnate me and then not want me. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

This could be used to describe almost all of the moms on this and Teen Mom OG. (I might give a pass to Chelsea)

• Love 5

i even thought Brianna's reaction to Louis cheating was weird. Not that I think asking him to keep it in his pants and focus on preparing for the baby with Brianna was an outrageous request, but when she kept saying he cheated; did he? Were they actually a couple or just seeing how things go for the sake of the baby? I was never very clear. Not to excuse Louis, because hitting up Tinder while your baby mama is taking a nap is super smarmy, but what exactly were they to each other? And what is it that Louis is/isn't doing that he should/shouldn't be doing? During the conversation Brianna and Britney had in the park about terminating Louis's parental rights, Brianna had this list of things Louis had to do to prevent the adoption and I swear I thought Brittany said he was doing those things. So what's going on? Louis strikes me as a deadbeat, but Brian's hyper dramatic whining about stuff and nonsense makes it hard to figure out what is going on.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I wonder if it was more Mom and Sis that were going for the adoption route?  They seem to be the 'constant babysitters'.    BTW do any of them work?

Roxanne is the constant enabler. She chooses to do what she does for Briana. No one is forcing her. Yes, they all work. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I wonder if it was more Mom and Sis that were going for the adoption route?  They seem to be the 'constant babysitters'.    BTW do any of them work?

Yes both Brittany and Roxanne both have full time jobs, Briana works part time. 

I think if Briana had actually wanted to place the baby Brittany would've supported her (less work for Brittany). Roxanne would've waxed poetic about how awful it was Briana had to go through this blah blah blah but I think she would've been okay with it. They aren't struggling now with 2.5 incomes AND Nova in school, but the expenses of a baby?!! Add that if Brittany decides to move out (to live alone or with a man), there goes her income.....and Roxanne has Lupus and might not be able to work full time much longer. 

@FozzyBear Luis and Brianna did have an agreement to be monogamous. After that agreement Luis had sex with a woman he had hooked up with before he and Brianna met, said woman did not know about a Brianna and her pregnancy at the time. When said woman did find out about Luis and Brianna's "situation", she reached out to Brianna on Instagram, they talked and confirmed timelines. Said woman stated she just wanted Brianna to know and that she wanted no parts of Luis after this. I was relieved that Brianna didn't go off on this woman or blame her etc, she was rather cordial. This tells me she KNOWS when she's being ridiculous and is capable of behaving like an adult when she wants, but would rather be a drama queen. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 4
On 9/21/2017 at 3:31 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Yes both Brittany and Roxanne both have full time jobs, Briana works part time. 

I think if Briana had actually wanted to place the baby Brittany would've supported her (less work for Brittany). Roxanne would've waxed poetic about how awful it was Briana had to go through this blah blah blah but I think she would've been okay with it. They aren't struggling now with 2.5 incomes AND Nova in school, but the expenses of a baby?!! Add that if Brittany decides to move out (to live alone or with a man), there goes her income.....and Roxanne has Lupus and might not be able to work full time much longer. 

@FozzyBear Luis and Brianna did have an agreement to be monogamous. After that agreement Luis had sex with a woman he had hooked up with before he and Brianna met, said woman did not know about a Brianna and her pregnancy at the time. When said woman did find out about Luis and Brianna's "situation", she reached out to Brianna on Instagram, they talked and confirmed timelines. Said woman stated she just wanted Brianna to know and that she wanted no parts of Luis after this. I was relieved that Brianna didn't go off on this woman or blame her etc, she was rather cordial. This tells me she KNOWS when she's being ridiculous and is capable of behaving like an adult when she wants, but would rather be a drama queen. 

They had agreed to be monogamous? That makes a little more sense. I honestly couldn't quite tell what their understanding was at first.

3 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

They had agreed to be monogamous? That makes a little more sense. I honestly couldn't quite tell what their understanding was at first.

It was Briana's understanding, but obviously it wasn't Luis' intention. I wouldn't expect someone I barely knew for a couple of weeks to make such a commitment. His only commitment should have been to the unborn child. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I think Briana brought up adoption for two reasons. One, to manipulate Luis. Two, to secure the MTV contract. 

Very much this. 

5 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

It was Briana's understanding, but obviously it wasn't Luis' intention. I wouldn't expect someone I barely knew for a couple of weeks to make such a commitment. His only commitment should have been to the unborn child. 

Yes. Briana and Luis seem like they could barely stand each other. Most one night stands that end up as fathers aren't Corey Simms. 

• Love 5