Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 9/4/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

One of my favorite shows is "The Golden Girls." I have no problem with girls....or boys night out etc. Like our girlfriends. And I am 70.

I appreciate how this panel survived another season and seem to be pretty good friends or try to be.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Tammee said:

My take on SeatGate, is that Sara no H :) needed to be closer to the door in case she had a bathroom emergency.  Sometimes those extra few steps make all the difference in the world.

Good theory.  If that is the reason, they would've made a hot topic out of it.  As it was, Whoopi made an oblique mention about people, Sara, being in different seats.  But no explanation.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I appreciate how this panel survived another season and seem to be pretty good friends or try to be.

That's a good point.  It had been years since the same panel carried over to a new year.  

I didn't read about Whoopi's new contract but is it for only one year?  Maybe her decision is to quit after this contract is up.  (Wishful thinking, LOL)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

That's a good point.  It had been years since the same panel carried over to a new year.  

I didn't read about Whoopi's new contract but is it for only one year?  Maybe her decision is to quit after this contract is up.  (Wishful thinking, LOL)

That wouldn't surprise me. She's getting the big 10th anniversary hoopla so maybe she'd quit after the celebration of her is over. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, MissHavisham said:

and I haven't been a "girl" since I turned 18.

I don't think I'll be watching The View anymore. I'll just check in here for updates. There's already enough in the world to aggravate me. I don't need to afflict myself with more. 

9 hours ago, MissHavisham said:

Oh no! I was agreeing with you. ;) Not just "females" on here AND women being called girls is a peeve. 

9 hours ago, maggiemae said:

One of my favorite shows is "The Golden Girls." I have no problem with girls....or boys night out etc. Like our girlfriends. And I am 70.

And here I thought @Medicine Crow meant that there aren't just women who post here, but men as well. Such as @TheGreenKnight, and formerly, @Fisher King,

• Love 1
16 hours ago, A.J. said:

I initially thought this was done because it made Whoopi appear to be a bully towards Sunny. 

I have a feeling it'll have the opposite effect. Both Paula and Rosie O were across the table in direct line of vision for Whoopi to maul. Her having to make the effort of turning sideways to Sunny probably lessened it more than anything else.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, A.J. said:

If she said that she had to be talking about someone else.  I can't see ABC letting her go that long without making a decision about her contract. 

They probably didn't.  She probably had already decided, but maybe she was talking about when to announce it

Gee whiz. Sarah Huckabee Sanders is female and has children. It's amazing that she holds her job with those two disabilities. Let's cheer for her. It just shows that Trump loves women, even those who might have children too. Did Sean Spicer have any children? Who knows, because no one cared.  The Huckabee woman does like to often mention in her press conferences that she has three young children, like she's some kind of super woman.  I detest Sarah Huckabee and her pastor father, and they gave some awfully lame excuses for supporting morally corrupt Trump. I guess their purpose for being there was to promote Mike Huckabee's new show, and they only gave him about 30 seconds for that!

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 20
25 minutes ago, tribeca said:

What was Hucklabees new show ?

i liked when Sarah Sanders tried to spin whoopies question and the audience wasn't buying it 

He has some show that's going to be on Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN). The religious channel the lady with pink hair used to be on with her husband before they died.

• Love 1

I agreed with Joy that the onslaught against immigrants--particular "types" of immigrants--is only and has ever only been about getting rid of likely votes for the opposition.

I put myself through the meatgrinder and watched the Huckabee Sanders interview. Bleh! She almost makes Jedi look honest. The only good thing to come out of it was the unplanned gasps of the audience at the audacity of some of those whoppers they spewed.

• Love 13

When I see Huckabee on this show, I'm reminded of Bitsy Hasselbeck drooling over him and thinking he would be president , back when he was trying to get the nomination.  

I agree about Sara's hair - it doesn't go with her skin tone.  But it seems her skin tone is different, too.  I can't tell what's off, her hair color isn't drastically different than it was last season, but she looked different, kind of odd.  

In fact, they all seem to have new make-up and hair  now.  Whoopi's hair is better than it has been in a long time, and her complexion was glowing.  It seems there's some new contouring techniques they used on both Sunny and Jed - light, shiny noses.  And Jed was overdone with every color eye shadow at once.  

• Love 3

To finish my comments on the panel's appearance, Sunny and Joy looked beautiful.  Joy should wear that color more often.

Oh, and Whoopi asked SHS where Obama was born, and the reply was NOT what it should have been. She just said "I think this has been pretty well addressed." That can and will be interpreted to confirm the previous narrative. I wish Whoopi had pushed for an actual answer.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, backformore said:

Oh, and Whoopi asked SHS where Obama was born, and the reply was NOT what it should have been. She just said "I think this has been pretty well addressed." That can and will be interpreted to confirm the previous narrative. I wish Whoopi had pushed for an actual answer.

And since you mentioned it here, I'm going to link Huffington Post's article about that segment. I love the headline: "Whoopi Goldberg Calls Out Sarah Huckabee Sanders To Her Face." ????

There is ONE thing that Whoopi got wrong. The article states she said about 45 "clearing up" the Bullshit (my word) regarding the whole Birther Bullshit:

“But this narrative, this is what I’m talking about,” Goldberg said. “That’s a [false] narrative that went on forever and [Trump] didn’t clear it up until after he was in office.”

Wrong. He did it while on the campaign trail and after he got the nomination. Not when he got into office.?????

One would think Whoopi would have her facts straight on that.?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4

The two things I will say I agree with Sarah huckabee about is that all news should be facts and only facts...without knowing who the author of the piece swings and her being speechless when asked about Trump looking into the eclipse sans protective glasses.  Other then that, I got nothing.

As a moderate independent, I find myself agreeing with Sara Haines more then the other panelists.  I'm going to be so sad when she goes on maternity leave cause with her gone, you lose an objective and very under represented voice that the show needs...the moderate voice.

• Love 13

I've said it before-- nothing riles Whoopi up more than criticism aimed at her. Of course in this case the ladies had a right to be miffed. That Huckabee would mischaracterize their discussion and opinions as irrational is deplorable. I'd say the hosts bent over backwards to be courteous to him (maybe less so to his daughter).  Yet another right wing lie.  

So glad they wasted so much time explaining the seating change. ?

• Love 8

I am glad to see everyone back and looking good.  I don't have a problem with Whoopie like many do.  Sure she can irritate me but not enough to want her gone.   She stands up and squashes Jed like no other can.  That is crucial.  

• Love 10
14 hours ago, backformore said:

When I see Huckabee on this show, I'm reminded of Bitsy Hasselbeck drooling over him and thinking he would be president , back when he was trying to get the nomination.  

I agree about Sara's hair - it doesn't go with her skin tone.  But it seems her skin tone is different, too.  I can't tell what's off, her hair color isn't drastically different than it was last season, but she looked different, kind of odd.  

In fact, they all seem to have new make-up and hair  now.  Whoopi's hair is better than it has been in a long time, and her complexion was glowing.  It seems there's some new contouring techniques they used on both Sunny and Jed - light, shiny noses.  And Jed was overdone with every color eye shadow at once.  

Sara didn't have any eyeliner on at all and the lighting on her seemed odd too. She was very washed out. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Enoof aboot the liars!

I want tae know how the segment with ❤️??❤️MY JAIME Sam❤️??❤️ and Cait went!!

Ok, ok!  It was brief.  Like blink and you'd miss it. It wasn't terrible. Whoopi, Sara, and Jed did the interview although I'm not sure any of them have seen the show. Sam gave a very brief synopsis, Cait was asked about the prevalence of strong women on tv, they showed a quick clip, and everyone giggled about all the hot sex on the show.

Edited by Haleth

After watching Hot Topics, I'm convinced that Jedidiah likes to argue for the sake of arguing and to hear the sound of her voice. A few of the ladies had something positive to say about Trump and she couldn't stop disagreeing with them. Between her constant arguing and her distasteful table dancing during the entrance, she is really intent on getting people to dislike her. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Ok, ok!  It was brief.  Like blink and you'd miss it. It wasn't terrible. Whoopi, Sara, and Jed did the interview although I'm not sure any of them have seen the show.

WHAT? Why wasn't JOY there? Why was that rabid hyena there? ??

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

they showed a quick clip, and everyone giggled about all the hot sex on the show.

What hot sex? Sure, the first season had it! Man oh man, the Wedding Night and then, well, ahem. ?????????Last season they hardly had any. Unless they were talking about there would be more hot sex this season. Hey! THREE MORE DAYS!!!!!??????

Can ye tell I'm excited???????

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

Oh God, does this mean we are gonna have to hear about Jedda-yap yap's wedding night before long? God I hate that bitch. I'm sorry, but I do. She is a semi whore. She slept with her man on their first date, she revealed it long ago, by accident....you may not remember, but I SURE DO. Oh yeah.  

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Oh God, does this mean we are gonna have to hear about Jedda-yap yap's wedding night before long? God I hate that bitch. I'm sorry, but I do. She is a semi whore. She slept with her man on their first date, she revealed it long ago, by accident....you may not remember, but I SURE DO. Oh yeah.  

.... & so did Joy!!  I don't have a problem with that!!

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Haleth said:

Ok, ok!  It was brief.  Like blink and you'd miss it. It wasn't terrible. Whoopi, Sara, and Jed did the interview although I'm not sure any of them have seen the show. Sam gave a very brief synopsis, Cait was asked about the prevalence of strong women on tv, they showed a quick clip, and everyone giggled about all the hot sex on the show.

It's a shame we get several segments of "hot topics", and by that I mean several segments of ridiculous conversations of no importance, and then a single, rushed segment with 2 stars of a hit show, both of whom have more story-telling talent and natural charisma than four fifths of the panel.  It's nae fair I tells ya!

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 1:45 AM, backformore said:

<snip>

Looks as though she may be using a temporary non-chemical product to try to blend in her roots since she's probably not coloring due to her pregnancy.  You can see that the new growth area is more ashy than her previously-colored hair, which is why it looks a bit odd.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:
17 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

.... & so did Joy!!  I don't have a problem with that!!

16 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Yeah, but Joy owns it

Reminds me of  Elisabeth pretending her and Tim didn't sleep together before they were married and her more than once slipping up and letting us know they did.

19 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

After watching Hot Topics, I'm convinced that Jedidiah likes to argue for the sake of arguing and to hear the sound of her voice. A few of the ladies had something positive to say about Trump and she couldn't stop disagreeing with them. Between her constant arguing and her distasteful table dancing during the entrance, she is really intent on getting people to dislike her. 

I think that is her thing.  Jedi wants to be the villain ala an Alexis Carrington (yes I know I'm old).  She wants to be the person you love to hate.  Not sure she realizes there is a difference between that and someone you just hate.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

... & I made a point of getting up to watch "Whoopi-free Friday", but ... there she was?  WTF??  To add insult to injury, Paula instead of Sunny.  I loved how Joy talked with Toby Keith ... really nice!!

Maybe because the show aired only 4 days instead of 5 could be why Whoopi was there.  Let's see what next week brings with a 5 day week.

Paula I think only works on Fridays, or is a s8b..so I knew to expect her.  She isn't a horrible person..but she doesnt fit on the panel.  The chemistry is pretty good with whoopi, jed, joy, sara, and sunny.  I dread when Sara goes on maternity leave, that Paula will be on more.  She just d oesnt bring anything to the table.  She doesnt even inspire the audience to eye roll like raven and C bure did.  

• Love 6

That clip of Toby Keith performing at Trump's inaugural festivities really highlighted how pitiful the whole thing was. No big names, no big crowds. But at the same time, I really don't begrudge TK. Apparently he did it out of a sense of duty, not celebration. 

Also, to Paula and Jedi, exactly how many times does Hillary have to admit she made mistakes and take the blame for her loss for you to accept it? What would be enough for you?

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 16

WTF was Whoopi doing on today and no moderator Joy! I hope her new contract doesn't have her on 5 days a week. Joy and Toby Keith were a fun interview together. 

Sara laughing hysterically at everything Whoopi said today was obviously phony. To me the only funny one on that panel is Joy.

• Love 8

Oh I love me some Ms. Harris...they need to get her on NOW. Oh crap, no Joy as moderator today. Poop. I live for Joy, she is the reason I still watch this sad old show...oh and the fact they actually have very interesting people on from time to time. 

• Love 6