Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 9/4/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday:  
Disabled Navy veteran, PO2 Tim Birckhead's new mortgage-free specially adapted home from Home for Our Troops designed by lifestyle expert Carter Oosterhouse (ABC's "Great Christmas Light Fight") is unveiled. Plus, a surprise visit from Golden State Warrior's Stephen Curry. (Repeat)

Tuesday:

"The View" kicks off Season 21 with a celebration!

Wednesday:
White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders joined by her father, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee (Host, "Huckabee").

Thursday:
Elisabeth Moss ("Top of the Lake: China Girl"; Emmy nominee for "The Handmaid's Tale"); Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe ("Outlander").

Friday:
Toby Keith performs

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 2

Shame on you, @Jaded! You neglected to mention warn us WHO will be at this "celebration!"

Wednesday- White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders joined by her father, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee (Host, "Huckabee") [A BIG GIANT UGH!]

Thursday - Elisabeth Moss ("Top of the Lake: China Girl"; Emmy nominee for "The Handmaid's Tale"); Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe ("Outlander") [why? WHY?WHY?WHY? would MY ❤️?❤️Sam ❤️?❤️and Cait go along and agree to come on this shitfest?]???????

Friday-Toby Keith performs

Source: The Scoop

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3

The panel of smart, engaging and talented women led by Whoopi Goldberg, who is celebrating her tenth anniversary as moderator, return to the Hot Topics table as we get ready for more entertaining and provocative conversations, politics, celebrity guests and the newsmakers everyone is talking about.

A star-studded September of headline-makers and celebrities is in store for The View with White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders joined by her father former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, Morning Joe hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski, tennis star Maria Sharapova, Larry David, Terrence Howard, James Franco and Maggie Gyllenhaal, Kiefer Sutherland, Sofia Vergara, Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson, Elisabeth Moss, Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe from Outlander and Adam Scott and Craig Robinson from Ghosted.

Former co-host Candace Cameron Bure returns with the cast of Fuller House and see performances from Little Big Town, Toby Keith, Scarborough and an epic Sister Act 25th Anniversary reunion!

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/news/view-news/the-view-turns-21

Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

Shame on you, @Jaded! You neglected to mention warn us WHO will be at this "celebration!

I'll update. It gets worse later in the month though. ?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Thursday - Elisabeth Moss ("Top of the Lake: China Girl"; Emmy nominee for "The Handmaid's Tale"); Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe ("Outlander") [why? WHY?WHY?WHY? would MY ❤️?❤️Sam ❤️?❤️and Cait go along and agree to come on this shitfest?]???????

Awesome!  I saw they were going to be on Kelly Ripa's morning show, so I guess as long as they were at ABC they'd kill 2 birds. Of course the interview here will be a disaster-- unless Sarah watches and can do a decent job talking about it/asking relevant questions. (She's the only one I can imagine watching.). I can't wait for Outlander to come back. For any of you who don't know Sam, he is definitely dreamy. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Awesome!  I saw they were going to be on Kelly Ripa's morning show, so I guess as long as they were at ABC they'd kill 2 birds. Of course the interview here will be a disaster-- unless Sarah watches and can do a decent job talking about it/asking relevant questions. (She's the only one I can imagine watching.). I can't wait for Outlander to come back. For any of you who don't know Sam, he is definitely dreamy. 

It's really odd-Sam will be on Kelly & Ryan on Tuesday, Cait will be on Kelly & Ryan on Thursday, and they BOTH will be on this show on Thursday.

And it only took two years for this show to notice them and the show. I don't recall Sara or anyone else mentioning they watch Outlander.?

And getting Sam and Cait to appear is NOT scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Knowing this show, I expect nothing but questions about the sex scenes, and the "rabid" fan base of readers of the books and show. Cuz that's how they roll.?

I don't expect Jedifoxbot to be there, though.

4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Not. Possible.

I guess we as an audience are lucky they didn't schedule the Huckabee's and Candace Cameron Bure returning with the cast of Fuller House on the same day. On second thought if they did that we could kill 6 or 7 birds with one stone and be done with them all in a day.

• Love 5

LOL - the Huckabees? I'm actually looking forward to that....I get Sarah doesn't clutch her pearls but man would I love to for her. Not sure why she needs Daddy's protection.

Am I the only one still sick of Fuller House and CCB?

And way too much Whoopi imo.

• Love 5

Hmmm here in Mountain zone that would put it at 9:00am here. Long as he keeps it under an hour, Im good.  I'll probably listen but I cant watch him.  He is just so sketchy.  Its all in the eyes and he scares me.

• Love 3
On 9/1/2017 at 10:04 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't recall Sara or anyone else mentioning they watch Outlander.

Can anyone imagine Sara watching Outlander, a show with time shifts, parallel stories and complex plots?  Her mind would be reeling.  She would be up all night on the internet reading several different recaps in order to understand it.  Remember this is a woman who was "taken out of a show" by the mere appearance of a pop star on a cable drama.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, JayD83 said:

Sara and Sunny switched seats with each other. 

That may change if Sara starts punching Whoopi in the arm like she did with Joy, whenever she found something funny or hilarious.

4 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Poor Sunny must've drawn the short matchstick in the "Sit next to Jed sweepstakes".

But it could lead to some "in your face with facts!" ?????

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

Is Sara still sitting beside Joy?  I think Sara hitting Joy all the time really got on Joy's nerves.

Yes in the middle between Whoopi and Joy.  The order is Whoopi, Sara, Joy, Sunny, and then Blah blah.  They even changed the order in the opening credits to reflect the current seating chart. 

• Love 3

Maybe the producers didn't like having the two women of color at one end and the two white women at the other end.  

Chaka Khan looks great but didn't sound so good. The Whoopi tribute ass kissing was vomit inducing. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

From the lack of...comments...am I to assume the returned with a whimper? Or was the show pre-empted on the East Coast?

It was all live, including the Whoopi Ten Year ass-kissing!!!  (It was on at 9:00 a.m. Mountain Time.)

• Love 1
Just now, Haleth said:

Maybe the producers didn't like having the two women of color at one end and the two white women at the other end.  

Chaka Khan looks great but didn't sound so good. The Whoopi tribute ass kissing was vomit inducing. 

I agree with everything you said. 

• Love 1

Whoopi doing her "valley girl"  voice to mock a topic bugged me today. 

Kate Upton says planning a wedding is stressful - Whoopi mocks her with that voice.   Why?  weddings DO tend to be stressful for a lot of people.  Yes, bridezillas go overboard and freak out if the napkins don't match.  But a lot of normal, sensible people also get stressed about weddings.

But before that, Whoopi turns full "valley girl"  to mock parents who don't let their kids go on sleepovers.  Really?   There have been incidents where the parents hosting the sleepover allow kids to drink, look the other way if kids sneak out, etc.  There was one story where a group of girls were hit by a car after sneaking out to go meet some boys.  Then, there are the stories where a kid was sexually abused by an adult on a sleepover.   Jed (who doesn't have kids)  reduces it to helicopter parenting.   Nope.   Parents need to be cautious, need to know who's in charge when their kids stay over at someone's house, and parents can decide that sleepovers aren't right for their child, without being over-protective.  

• Love 13

I kept waiting for Whoopi to announce this was her last year and begin The Year of Whoopi. Ah well.

So Whoopi lost out on the mod job to Rosie O years ago, lol. I guess now we know the reason Whoopi hated Rosie O from the get-go that one season they were on together.  Otherwise, nothing much worth seeing today. I definitely didn’t miss Jedi and I feel sorry for Sunny having to sit next to that slime now.

Oh, I forgot to say how much I laughed at Sunny calling out Jedi for being fine with the president's sweeping powers when it came to the travel ban. Sunny’s the only one who ever seems to bring up the lies Jedi spills out both sides of her mouth from day to day, and for that I overlook her flaws.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 19

You can't tell me Whoopi was surprised by the whole tribute ass kissing.  She knew exactly what was up.

23 minutes ago, backformore said:

Kate Upton says planning a wedding is stressful - Whoopi mocks her with that voice.   Why?  weddings DO tend to be stressful for a lot of people.  Yes, bridezillas go overboard and freak out if the napkins don't match.  But a lot of normal, sensible people also get stressed about weddings.

And mocking Sunny's story about her dad paying the band for extra time.  We get it, Whoops, you don't like weddings.  (FTR my daughter is getting married in one month.  A destination wedding.  Tell me about stress.  LOL)

• Love 12

The show was a confused, insulting clusterfuck today. The intro to the show said they were going to discuss the growing Korean crisis after their big test on Sunday. The hurricane aftermath and a potential hint of the Cambridge pregnancy were also mentioned in the intro. Of these three, only the hurricane was discussed as an afterthought by Sara, using a shocking high-pressure tactic telling us to give to the Red Cross. Moreover, her congratulations about the  million-dollar donation by the ABC KTRK TV station were cheesy. In other words, the hurricane (which Whoopi oddly called  "ridiculous") impacted the View only as a fund-raising opportunity. Nothing about the suffering of Texas communities or the possible impact of climate changes on hurricane strength. No condolences for the deaths caused by the storm, and no sympathy was extended.

Neglecting to comment about the pregnancy announcement in the British Royal Family was also a major failure.

Instead, we had to suffer through a meaningless and painful grand huzzah to Whoopi on a supposed anniversary that she herself had apparently forgotten. It was a cheap, lazy  way for the show to avoid writing the script and work for that part of the show.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Nothing about the suffering of Texas communities or the possible impact of climate changes on hurricane strength. No condolences for the deaths caused by the storm, and no sympathy was extended.

Neglecting to comment about the pregnancy announcement in the British Royal Family was also a major failure.

Instead, we had to suffer through a meaningless and painful grand huzzah to Whoopi on a supposed anniversary that she herself had apparently forgotten. It was a cheap, lazy  way for the show to avoid writing the script and work for that part of the show.

In short, business as usual!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, atlantaloves said:

God girls, thanks for the heads up, I'm going to delete this show from my DVR and not even bother, and believe it or not, I was kinda missing The View, I don't know why, it's just part of my little old retirement lady day I guess.  

Ahem, not everyone here is a "girl" ... just sayin'.

• Love 3

About the seating change, I agree it is to put the other woman of colour further away from Whoopi, and that is just stupid.  My other theory is they couldn't get Jed-I-puke to stop lunging across the table and sticking her finger in Sunny's face when she makes a point, so they solved it by moving Sunny closer to her.  Otherwise, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason behind it.

The Whoopi tribute was nauseating.  Chaka Khan was awful, and they really built it up as someone spectacular would be appearing.  This after showing Joy dancing with Diana Ross.  Not that CK isn't a legend, but it was overblown.

They were having a conversation, I think about DACA, and all of a sudden they throw up a chyron list of the hot topics on the right hand side of the screen, which was entirely mis-timed, distracting and useless. 

Whoopi did talk about the victims of Harvey and sent condolences; it was mixed in with her garbled presentation of the two Dreamers who were killed in flooding.  She gave their families condolences, and then I believe she broadened it everyone.  But they should have started the show that way, with a blanket statement, and even an update, including re Hurricane Irma.

Jed-a-liar also did that stupid grin while she is telling someone else they are wrong repeatedly.  It had to do with Obama saying he did not have the authority to implement DACA.  Sunny said Obama would not flout the law, and Jed-a-bitchface kept shaking her head and smiling and saying: read the quote, read the quote.  Why didn't she bring the quote then?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Yeah - would have thought they would comment on the Royals.  Harry's girlfriend is also in the news.

Maybe Whoopi's contract says she has to have a yearly suck-up!   LOL

Haven't seen this first show, yet, but hopeful the new season will be decent.  I like it, and the hosts, generally speaking.

• Love 1

Oh Whoopie is so HUMBLe , and she still drives me nuts.  I was hoping she would dispense with millions of Welcome to the View.  I did not need to see her tribute, and am so disappointed she didn't leave the show.  She tricked us.

• Love 6

Sara and Sunny switched seats with each other. 

I initially thought this was done because it made Whoopi appear to be a bully towards Sunny. 

Whoopi doing her "valley girl" voice to mock a topic bugged me today. 

As usual when this happens I just mute the sound until she finishes.  I wish someone would tell her that this is NOT funny and so 30 years ago.   

So Whoopi lost out on the mod job to Rosie O years ago, lol. I guess now we know the reason Whoopi hated Rosie O from the get-go that one season they were on together.

I really hate these two fell out.  They used to be friends. 

Chaka Khan was awful, and they really built it up as someone spectacular would be appearing.

I hate to co-sign here but she did sound a mess. 

• Love 10

In defense of Chaka Khan, who I love dearly, they had her sing with the View ladies trying to mouth the lyrics and swaying about . She probably would have been much better with her band and back up singers behind her in a normal setting. It was difficult for her to get in her groove where she was. There is no one cooler than Chaka Khan, IMO.

Edited to add, it was early in the day for her to sing??? I'm still defending her...

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 7
38 minutes ago, Kenz said:

In defense of Chaka Khan, who I love dearly, they had her sing with the View ladies trying to mouth the lyrics and swaying about . She probably would have been much better with her band and back up singers behind her in a normal setting. It was difficult for her to get in her groove where she was. There is no one cooler than Chaka Khan, IMO.

I like Chaka too but her voice was not there today.  Chaka is usually hit or miss anyway.  Some days she sounds awesome and then there are days like today. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I kept waiting for Whoopi to announce this was her last year and begin The Year of Whoopi. Ah well

Well did you hear her sneak in a line, right before a jumbled go to commercial, so nobody heard it or responded.

But when Joy asked her what she did on the island, Whoopi said she had 'made a decision'

3 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Well did you hear her sneak in a line, right before a jumbled go to commercial, so nobody heard it or responded.

But when Joy asked her what she did on the island, Whoopi said she had 'made a decision'

If she said that she had to be talking about someone else.  I can't see ABC letting her go that long without making a decision about her contract. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Ahem, not everyone here is a "girl" ... just sayin'.

and I haven't been a "girl" since I turned 18.

I don't think I'll be watching The View anymore. I'll just check in here for updates. There's already enough in the world to aggravate me. I don't need to afflict myself with more. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MissHavisham said:

and I haven't been a "girl" since I turned 18.

I don't think I'll be watching The View anymore. I'll just check in here for updates. There's already enough in the world to aggravate me. I don't need to afflict myself with more. 

Sorry @Misshavisham, I did not intend to hurt "anyone's" feelings.

• Love 3