Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Haute Dogs of Dallas

• Start Topic

Stephanie tries to put a dent in Brandi's newfound friendship with LeeAnne; Travis drops millions on a house; D'Andra seeks to take over her mother's cosmetics business; Brandi and Stephanie meet again at the Howl-O-Ween dog costume contest.

I'd rather have a Sears Craftsman catalog house than that huge, cold, ugly house.

Also, Reese Witherspoon wannabe?  My dog says he's not eating no stinking pink dog food.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 22
19 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I'd rather have a Sears Craftsman catalog house than that huge, cold, ugly house.

Also, Reese Witherspoon wannabe?  My dog says he's not eating no stinking pink dog food.

Also, how would pink dog food look coming out the opposite end? 

Vetrinarians are really going to love that extra step if your dog is sick and they need a stool sample.(Your dog poops pink, could there be blood in there ect.)

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

They had me at swimming pool.  In the living room!

Doso is in complete agreement about not eating stinking pink dog food.  He is also not a poop eating dog.

I don't like Stephanie, but I'm sticking up for her over the house.  Total dick move on Travis' part.  Even if there was a swimming pool.  

• Love 10

D'andra is my new favorite Housewife.  I don't think I've ever liked a new Housewife this much this quickly.  And I love the stuff with her Crazy-Eyed Mother.  But I'm not sure she has what it takes to get down in the mud and pull pig-tails like she's supposed to.  

Kameron is way too annoying to have 2 family-time segments.  She didn't have to interact with the other Housewives once in this episode.  

Why *wouldn't* Stephanie think that LeAnn is up to her old tricks?  Because she's gone to a few anger management counseling sessions?  People don't change that quickly.  Either there's something about Stephanie that we're not being told, or Brandi is making a mountain out of a molehill.  And then LeAnn pretty much proves she hasn't changed at the doggy costume contest.   

Travis thinks of Stephanie as his trophy.  I doubt he has any real interest in what she thinks he should or shouldn't do with his money.  I knew what that Veuve was all about the second he walked in with it.  

• Love 11
1 minute ago, enchantingmonkey said:

D'andra is my new favorite Housewife.  I don't think I've ever liked a new Housewife this much this quickly.  And I love the stuff with her Crazy-Eyed Mother.  But I'm not sure she has what it takes to get down in the mud and pull pig-tails like she's supposed to.  

Kameron is way too annoying to have 2 family-time segments.  She didn't have to interact with the other Housewives once in this episode.  

Why *wouldn't* Stephanie think that LeAnn is up to her old tricks?  Because she's gone to a few anger management counseling sessions?  People don't change that quickly.  Either there's something about Stephanie that we're not being told, or Brandi is making a mountain out of a molehill.  And then LeAnn pretty much proves she hasn't changed at the doggy costume contest.   

Travis thinks of Stephanie as his trophy.  I doubt he has any real interest in what she thinks he should or shouldn't do with his money.  I knew what that Veuve was all about the second he walked in with it.  

When she was talking about never being good enough for her mom I could sure relate. 

I'm not that invested in this show yet,  Kameron's speech  pattern may just driv3 me away. Also,  I'm a native Californian and yes I know other natives who call it Cali,  but I hate that term. It's just so awfully cutesy. 

It's hard to tell,  Stephanie always seems shifty eyes to me,  but Brandi seems to like being in the center of Drama,  either way,  Leanne is surely up to her old tricks. 

Travis is an asshole. Who with young children lives somewhere with a pool in the living room? That's begging for your child to down. 

I don't know what Stephanie is to him,  but it sure ain't an equal. 

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I am so confused. There was a lot of she-said-you-said-I-said-she-said in this episode.  What??????

I still don't like LeeAnn.

I just started watching, only because I wanted to keep up with Watch What Crappens, and I literally can't tell anyone apart aside from the pink dog food person, the makeup daughter, and LEEANN.  The other three I'm like, "Yeah, that... one... shouldn't have mentioned that... other... one in that text."

• Love 4

The blonde ditz (Kameron?) thinks that she's reinvented the wheel by bribing her kids to get them to do things. Ring-a-ding-ding. What a big bag of Mom Tricks, lady. She has one of the worst nose jobs that I've ever seen. One of her nostrils is significantly larger than the other. She'd look so much better with her natural brown hair.

I don't care much about the Brandi v Stephanie feud. I think it's silly and the root of it (the blog) is ridiculous. The thing is, Brandi's feelings were hurt but she is completely incapable of communicating. It's the reason her marriage was in such a lousy state. Brandi probably told Stephanie (and Bravo cameras) more in terms of how she felt about her marriage than she ever expressed to her own husband. She just pushes people away and refuses to communicate.

I'm not surprised that Stephanie's husband disregarded everything that she said about the house and bought it anyway. He treats her like another child. Remember the lists that he used to make for her? Also, I'm no real estate expert but the fact that a millions-lower bid was accepted on the house should concern them.

The only one on the show that I really like is Cary. Her little girl is so adorable and Mark is at least interesting.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Especially since Cary did indeed tell her so!  I was waiting for her to get all Greg Brady about "exact words" but she managed to be a stealth bitch and somehow get blamed for nothing.  But she sure has a lot to say about a fight she doesn't want to be involved or in the middle of!

• Love 4

I want to know how someone gets homeowner's insurance with a pool in the middle of the house! 

Brandi needs to run a comb through her hair. 

LeeAnn is strikingly beautiful but an absolute deranged lunatic. 

Cruise and Hilton. I can't. 

That's all I've got. 

• Love 13

Leanne is totally crazy. She always seems one second away from snapping. She is involving herself too much in this friend fight and is kind up to her old tricks.

I ff some of Kameron's scenes this episode. She is pretty annoying. Also why would a dog want pink dog food? Lol they do not care about the colour of the food they just pretty much want any food they can get.

I am liking Deandra ..weird tho she is such great friends with Leanne.

Travis's face seems so weird to me. Almost like he has plastic surgery. I'm prob wrong it just seems odd shaped.

I am liking Carey more this year. Her kid was super cute. 

Brandi and Stephanie need to just talk and get it over with.

Stupid house. Super ugly in my opinion. Pool in the living room is lame. Why would anyone want that ? 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

LeeAnn - IT IS NOT ALWAYS ABOUT YOU

Wasn't it about her, though, because of the text about her? 

I thought it was dull until LeAnn showed up. Cary brings some fun, and has decent interviews because of her totally un-subtle innuendo, but LeAnn keeps it weird in a way I think the show needs.  

• Love 2

The 'pool' in the foyer is a reflecting pool - meaning not deep

I've see this hse with furnishings & decorated  featured on TV before - I believe it was one  of those luxury/OTT  home series.

As an aside,I always wondered  how the did the AC w/that water feature,

http://www.chron.com/homes/article/Dallas-mansion-with-living-room-pool-to-be-9205237.php#photo-10881484

Hmm - this one says it's a real pool

http://www.powerproperties.property/dml-power-house-a-dallas-developer-channeled-versace/

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Thumper said:

I am so confused. There was a lot of she-said-you-said-I-said-she-said in this episode.  What??????

Oh my word. I've been watching Housewife shows since OC first started and I felt like I needed a diagram or a flow chart to keep up with who sent the text about who said what about two other people. JesusGodLeah, that was crazy-making. 

8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

The way she talks is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. 

8 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Travis is an asshole. Who with young children lives somewhere with a pool in the living room? That's begging for your child to down. 

Good Lord, what a dumb idea. Plus there were working fireplaces in tons of the rooms. Also not a great idea with little ones. We have an electric one that you can't even touch, but those things were the real deal. That house was for an older couple, whose kids have moved out. Not a young family. 

7 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

The blonde ditz (Kameron?) thinks that she's reinvented the wheel by bribing her kids to get them to do things. Ring-a-ding-ding. What a big bag of Mom Tricks, lady.

Hahahahaha, right??? She thought we were all going to be in awe, taking notes on how to parent from her. When her kids were straight up tuning her out, I figured they weren't used to her telling them what to do at all. Either they have a nanny, or she just packs their shit and this little "game" of packing was all for the show.

1 hour ago, KikiBda said:

I loved the house and it's def not a swimming pool.

It doesn't have to be a real swimming pool to be a safety hazard for kids. They can drown in just a few inches of water. 

• Love 19

I think Stephanie and her husband had already purchased the house and this was a ruse to get camera time.  And I am guessing it is for a flip and not to actually live there (more ruse).  My favorite comment was that with 2 boys and a dog with a pool in the living room that house would be filthy all the time.  True.   Dog goes into pool - dog comes out and shakes out his coat - water everywhere.  Repeat several times a day.  Also that swan would not last long with their dog either.  And I agree that Travis looks like he's had something done to his face.  Not sure what....

I like D'Andra more and more.  I have never heard of her mother's skin care and I feel like I keep her on that sort of thing.  Which makes the whole marketing thing make more sense that they actually need it.  Or - more realistically - sell off the patents (if there are any) and equipment to another cosmetics giant and just live off the profits.  That would go better with her "too busy" lifestyle.

I loved Kameron's husband's reaction to the comments on the pink dog food.  He had a visible "twitch" or something like that each time she brought it up and he tried to steer her away from it....  And then she did again and another twitch happened!  I think he has better sense than to let that proceed...

I could barely watch at the picnic table where Stephanie's face was so much lighter than her neck and chest.  And that lower eyeliner all the way into the corner. UGH   I do NOT like that look on her (or the other ladies).  I feel like it closes their eyes in and makes them look smaller which is almost never what anyone is going for with makeup.  I think Cary's face was also lighter - Brandi's was not for sure.   What is up with that????  I get not wanting sun on your face....I wear spf 100 and a sun visor and glasses when I am in the sun and have been since my mid 20s but its called bronzer people!!!! Or at least blending....  Used to be that people's faces had makeup on them which made them look too dark and there would be the dark jawline to the lighter neck.  This is the exact opposite....  *sigh*

Overall, better than last year with less mention of charities....

• Love 3

D'Andra needs to wake up and smell the coffee.  Her mother is never going to hand over the company to her.  She'll be lucky if she gets it in the will.  It is pretty clear that her mother has zero respect for her.

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 13

Somebody remind me, please. Does Brandi talk? She is either heavily sedated or depressed or something and she looks like a mess. Even when she does utter a few words she is completely monotone and dead in the eyes. Girl is not right this season. Maybe the marriage really isn't all patched up and good as new. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 20
11 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Cruise & Hilton??? Why not just name your kids Ship & Hotel. 

Some people choose dumb names for their children, the names may sound "cute" and "special snowflake"when they are small but they need to live with those names for the rest of their lives, how "cute" are the names when they are in their 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's and beyond.

Plus, also, Hilton?  How is that fancy enough for her?  But I guess we should be glad the poor child didn't end up named Ritz.

10 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

It didn't help that in the talking head before that scene she said something to the producer or camera person about them wanting to use the toilet in "my house."  Ummmm, way to ruin the suspense.

6 hours ago, sheetmoss said:

I've see this hse with furnishings & decorated  featured on TV before - I believe it was one  of those luxury/OTT  home series.

http://www.chron.com/homes/article/Dallas-mansion-with-living-room-pool-to-be-9205237.php#photo-10881484

http://www.powerproperties.property/dml-power-house-a-dallas-developer-channeled-versace/

Thanks for that.  I had already gone up to bed and taken out my contacts so most of the house was a blur.  The chandeliers looked pretty.

Also, I call BS that Stephanie takes 2 hours to drive from Las Colinas to Dallas to take her kids to school every day.  Well, maybe 2 hours total.  It's not THAT far.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Plus, also, Hilton?  How is that fancy enough for her?

Lol, is her middle name "Garden Inn"?

10 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Also, I call BS that Stephanie takes 2 hours to drive from Las Colinas to Dallas to take her kids to school every day.  Well, maybe 2 hours total.  It's not THAT far.

I think she DID mean that 2 hours was the total drive time for the day. Which still seems like a lot, to me. But I homeschool, so I may be a bit removed from the realities of chauffeuring kids to and from school every day. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, sheetmoss said:

4 hours ago, KikiBda said:

I loved the house and it's def not a swimming pool.  

Oh it is a real pool!  It is modeled after the Versace house in Miami.  

I read an article about how they manage to chlorinate the pool without a heavy odor, and not have it insanely humid in the house.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

The blonde ditz (Kameron?) thinks that she's reinvented the wheel by bribing her kids to get them to do things. Ring-a-ding-ding. What a big bag of Mom Tricks, lady. She has one of the worst nose jobs that I've ever seen. One of her nostrils is significantly larger than the other. She'd look so much better with her natural brown hair.

I don't care much about the Brandi v Stephanie feud. I think it's silly and the root of it (the blog) is ridiculous. The thing is, Brandi's feelings were hurt but she is completely incapable of communicating. It's the reason her marriage was in such a lousy state. Brandi probably told Stephanie (and Bravo cameras) more in terms of how she felt about her marriage than she ever expressed to her own husband. She just pushes people away and refuses to communicate.

I'm not surprised that Stephanie's husband disregarded everything that she said about the house and bought it anyway. He treats her like another child. Remember the lists that he used to make for her? Also, I'm no real estate expert but the fact that a millions-lower bid was accepted on the house should concern them.

The only one on the show that I really like is Cary. Her little girl is so adorable and Mark is at least interesting.

I agree with the Stephanie and Brandi comment and have to think what awesome best friend goes 4 months without telling the other what's bothering them or F off or anything. Brandi has arrested developememt and would seriously be an issue in any marriage. Like attracts like Brandi acts like one and Stephanie gets treated like one! 

• Love 3

I think that house at 5.1 million was a very smart buy. Step number one: fill in the pool in the living room. Step 2: redecorate Step 3: Sell house for tidy profit.

• Love 5

I gave Leane a pass last year.  First season 'n all.  Not so this year.  She and Kelly Dodd of the OC are just too abrasive to be entertaining.  

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Lol, is her middle name "Garden Inn"?

I think she DID mean that 2 hours was the total drive time for the day. Which still seems like a lot, to me. But I homeschool, so I may be a bit removed from the realities of chauffeuring kids to and from school every day. 

Hilton Doubletree.  Fancy.

The 2 hours really would depend on if she went through downtown, and assuming she was sitting in traffic in the morning because she'd be going the same way as most traffic.  During non-rush hour it wouldn't even be close to 2 hours.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Cruise & Hilton??? Why not just name your kids Ship & Hotel. 

Some people choose dumb names for their children, the names may sound "cute" and "special snowflake"when they are small but they need to live with those names for the rest of their lives, how "cute" are the names when they are in their 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's and beyond.

Dinghy & Best Western

3 hours ago, DFWGina said:

I think Stephanie and her husband had already purchased the house and this was a ruse to get camera time.  And I am guessing it is for a flip and not to actually live there (more ruse).  My favorite comment was that with 2 boys and a dog with a pool in the living room that house would be filthy all the time.  True.   Dog goes into pool - dog comes out and shakes out his coat - water everywhere.  Repeat several times a day.  Also that swan would not last long with their dog either.  And I agree that Travis looks like he's had something done to his face.  Not sure what....

That pool is a nightmare with kids or a dog. I know the guy who built the place said he was inspired by Gianni Versace's mansion in Miami, but that pool was in an actual open air courtyard. And anytime I've seen an indoor pool that's been in the center of a house it's often been in an indoor courtyard with plants and lounge furniture.

I like D'Andra more and more.  I have never heard of her mother's skin care and I feel like I keep her on that sort of thing.  Which makes the whole marketing thing make more sense that they actually need it.  Or - more realistically - sell off the patents (if there are any) and equipment to another cosmetics giant and just live off the profits.  That would go better with her "too busy" lifestyle.

D'Andra is bringing up all of the right things for her mother's skin care business. If her mother is this resistant to change, hopefully someone would just purchase the business.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

D'Andra is bringing up all of the right things for her mother's skin care business. If her mother is this resistant to change, hopefully someone would just purchase the business.

Yeah it's sort of funny to see D'Andra with her good business ideas and Kameron with her terrible business ideas being met with the same level of enthusiasm for different reasons.

• Love 6

two hours i do believe.  i used to live in the st. louis suburbs but my child went to school in the city.  minimum half hour in, half hour home, twice a day = two hours.  if that's how she is counting.  if they are at different schools, more time needed for drop off. 

How far do they all live from each other? I missed where brandis ex friend says they live now to google distance from bylandconstruction park girls.  I thought she and Brandi were like neighbors. 

39 minutes ago, BloggerAloud said:

Yeah it's sort of funny to see D'Andra with her good business ideas and Kameron with her terrible business ideas being met with the same level of enthusiasm for different reasons.

The thing with pink dog food is the color.  My automatic thought is dyes and chemicals to achieve the look which would immediately turn me off from buying the product.  If she could achieve pink by 100% natural and organic means, that might be a different and fun solution - but that would be the only way the product would sell, IMO.  Visuals matter.  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, BloggerAloud said:

Kameron's ideas are aggressively terrible. She doesn't even have the barest background to have someone take her seriously. She's not a vet, a vet tech, a zoologist, an animal behaviorist, chair of the board of the no kill shelter, or even in sales. She's like the least qualified person to be starting a dog food company. This shit is like something a 5 year would come up with. I like pink. I like dogs. I'm going to invent Kameron's Super Special Sparkly Pink Fancy Dog Food.

Court: Kameron, did you melt pink crayons into the dog food again?

Kameron: Yes. I was...

Court: And cover it with pink glitter?

Kameron: Yes, but it's called research and development.

Court: STOP! Dogs can't even see the color pink!

3 minutes ago, Jextella said:

The thing with pink dog food is the color.  My automatic thought is dyes and chemicals to achieve the look which would immediately turn me off from buying the product.  If she could achieve pink by 100% natural and organic means, that might be a different and fun solution - but that would be the only way the product would sell, IMO.  Visuals matter.  

She's alleging that it's going to be organic. There is no good reason to feed your dog pink food. You'd have to make sure the dye or additive would be safe for your pet to digest. You'd have to make sure that owners wouldn't freak out because their pets have pink poop.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

doesn't have to be a real swimming pool to be a safety hazard for kids. They can drown in just a few inches of water. 

In one of the articles about the house it stated that the floor closed over the pool if you wanted and was secure enough for furniture and such. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, KikiBda said:

How far do they all live from each other? I missed where brandis ex friend says they live now to google distance from bylandconstruction park girls.  I thought she and Brandi were like neighbors. 

D'Andra and Cameron (?) live in Highland Park, which is the super swanky part of town.  Cary lives in Preston Hollow which is also pretty respectable.  I can't remember where Leanne is precisely but it's just normal.  Stephanie is in Las Colinas which is a westward suburb.  The house they looked at is in Turtle Creek/Uptown, which is close to Highland Park and downtown. Brandi is in Plano or Frisco which are northern suburbs.

So, except for Stephanie and Brandi they are all pretty close.  And Stephanie and Brandi aren't particularly close to each other.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 5

The only objection I have to the pool inside the house is that it's not practical - with or without kids.   I suppose some may think it's kind of quirky and therefore "fun" but it would just be in the way and far more work than its worth.  

My bigger observation with the house is that it seemed like someone crammed in the bells and whistles of a Lisa Vanderpump kind of property into a suburb property.   It seemed to be bursting at the seems with what the designer wished it would be - but what could never be.  Square peg, round hole kind of thing.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Ksissy said:

Seriously, am I the only one that wants to punch LeeAnn in her crap lousy face?

Nope. Her smirk irks me and she is such an ass kisser. I can't stand her narcissism and dangerous anger. She's unhinged. It's not fun to watch,  I'm always waiting for her to pull a knife Ooh one of the women.    I do like her cop boyfriend though and her occasional silliness,  like the hot dog outfit she wore.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

So I've been doing some digging about Kameron. She used to run a dog a clothing company:

http://mybabylou.com/My_Baby_Lou/Home.html

Her parents are part owners of a dog treats company according to the recap on Reality Tea.

http://www.realitytea.com/2017/08/22/real-housewives-dallas-recap-real-hot-dog-fashionistas-dallas/amp/

Here is her wedding

https://www.insideweddings.com/weddings/spring-garden-wedding-in-montecito-california/277/

And for some reason her wedding pictures on Flickr aren't set to private

Favorite show this week.. D'andraaaaaaaaaaa ... but I am curious, how do they these kind of events here in Dallas TX? it this based on real story for dallas people?

Anyway, been starting seeing this show since I moved here.