Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Unfinished Sentences

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I could see him thinking the following (but in reverse order) 1. Kailyn is crazy but she has two little boys and who sends a mom to jail, 2. What kind of man is he that he couldn't handle Kailyn, 3. He's a black man saying a white woman he was having sex with attacked him....yah right that's going to go so well for him.

A white ogre.

He might be arrested for bestiality for having sex with that thing called Kail.

I just had to lighten the mood. So depressing to know that big bitch has committed DV upon three guys and yet, she is using the courts to claim abuse.

• Love 17
22 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

A white ogre.

He might be arrested for bestiality for having sex with that thing called Kail.

I just had to lighten the mood. So depressing to know that big bitch has committed DV upon three guys and yet, she is using the courts to claim abuse.

My husband happened to watch TM2 with me last night. He was asking questions about the girls and their backstories and we got to the scene where Kail was speaking with her adviser. I explained the Jo/Javi/Chris/cheating/deployment/pregnancy mess and he goes "How the hell does she get so much dick? She looks like shit." 

dabronx, ten years from now I think we'll find that every prediction in your assessment has come to fruition. They might as well reserve Jace's cell in juvie right now. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 16

@dabronx I agree with everything you've said. 

Chelsea was always going to be fine. Kailyn would've been better off without TM2 money, Jenelle would've been in the same place without an audience.

Leah doesn't WANT to be in this place but lacks emotional naturity or the self awareness to better herself. I think Leah has a chance if she finds something to occupy her mind. Real estate investments would be a good idea, she loved cheer so much, why not coaching girls? Working at a gym?

4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

My husband happened to watch TM2 with me last night. He was asking questions about the girls and their backstories and we got to the scene where Kail was speaking with her adviser. I explained the Jo/Javi/Chris/cheating/deployment/pregnancy mess and he goes "How the hell does she get so much dick? She looks like shit." 

Ha! Once upon a time I didn't think I was attractive enough to have multiple sex partners, at the right bold age of 31 I realized there is free sex available for almost everyone that wants it. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Ha! Once upon a time I didn't think I was attractive enough to have multiple sex partners, at the right bold age of 31 I realized there is free sex available for almost everyone that wants it. 

Lol, when I asked him to clarify he said he meant her hideous fake duck lips and botoxed face, and the fact that she looked like she hadn't showered in a week. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Leah doesn't WANT to be in this place but lacks emotional naturity or the self awareness to better herself. I think Leah has a chance if she finds something to occupy her mind. Real estate investments would be a good idea, she loved cheer so much, why not coaching girls? Working at a gym?

I actually feel a little bad for Leah. I think that, with a good role model, Leah might be okay. She needs a mentor-someone to encourage her and offer her some real life support. As others have mentioned, nobody ever seemed to have taught Leah how to "adult." I think the desire for a better life is there, she just doesn't know how to put her ideas into practice. It's like, she knows what end result she wants, but she doesn't know or understand how to undergo the necessary steps to get there. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I actually feel a little bad for Leah. I think that, with a good role model, Leah might be okay. She needs a mentor-someone to encourage her and offer her some real life support. As others have mentioned, nobody ever seemed to have taught Leah how to "adult." I think the desire for a better life is there, she just doesn't know how to put her ideas into practice. It's like, she knows what end result she wants, but she doesn't know or understand how to undergo the necessary steps to get there. 

I think "adulthood" hit Leah when she woke up with three kids and two divorces under her belt, and realized Corey and Miranda were not splitting up (no matter how often Corey had sex with her), and Jeremy didn't want her any more. Her aspirations of being a kept woman in the holla were GONE with three small kids in her care at least part time, and now what else can she do?(in her mind)

• Love 19
45 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

dabronx, ten years from now I think we'll find that every prediction in your assessment has come to fruition. They might as well reserve Jace's cell in juvie right now. 

Well, in all fairness, the guys she is involved with aren't the most aesthetically pleasing. Lol

I know Jace is maybe too young right now, but maybe a boarding school or military academy might be the best thing for him in the near future. I wonder NC has a school similar to what have in my state(the Milton Hershey school) for children from disadvantaged background? 

• Love 8

Anyone else pick up on Kail's friend's comment to Chris in the phone convo: "I like your hair without the dreads"?  Was that interjected for our benefit?

Why doesn't Brianna tell Luis she'll sign the baby over to him and he can have 100% custody (along with the responsibilities, both financial and emotional)  I know there are situations where the dad does step up to the plate like this, but not seeing that level of commitment or presence in him. 

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, salvame said:

Anyone else pick up on Kail's friend's comment to Chris in the phone convo: "I like your hair without the dreads"?  Was that interjected for our benefit?

Why doesn't Brianna tell Luis she'll sign the baby over to him and he can have 100% custody (along with the responsibilities, both financial and emotional)  I know there are situations where the dad does step up to the plate like this, but not seeing that level of commitment or presence in him. 

I missed that part of the conversation. I think I was picking at my cuticle during Kail's scene because that was more interesting.  If Becky knew the circumstances under which he lost those dreads, shame on her. 

Briana won't tell Luis to sign the baby over to him because she is too busy playing a game with him about the faux adoption. She made it clear to him she was giving up the baby because he had screwed up by cheating on her. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Especially when you have Mama Dawn, a world class enabler following you through life screaming MONKEY!!!!

• Love 9

I feel that Leah is desperately trying to figure out how to get a career going but doesn't know where to start and how to do it - or what career. I think that's why she had her meltdown.

She feels stuck in a hard place with being tied down to three kids with one having a disability (I know she made her bed but she's allowed to have depressed feelings about her wrong choices) and no husband (her fault for cheating but she was young and stupid) that she's regretting all of the mistakes she's made.

She loves her kids but I think she wishes she had waited until after she figured out what she wanted to do with her life before having them.

Like someone mentioned upthread, I can totally see her coaching young cheerleaders for competitions or even just for high school but Leah doesn't know where to begin to get to that place where schools are going to hire her to do that type of job. She needs a professional to sit down with her (like a job placement assessor) to help guide her in what she would be capable of doing and that she would also enjoy. Something she can manage with three kids, too.

Im really rooting for Leah this season because I do see her trying but repeatedly messing up. She jumped into college with the wrong intentions and the failure is painted on her face and now she's embarrassed to have hyped up her new college dream to then have people watch her drop out again. Homegirl needs guidance instead of ass kissers in her life.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, salvame said:

Because she's not really interested in adoption or giving him custody. She is trying to use the unborn baby to keep him with her. 

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

Because she's not really interested in adoption or giving him custody. She is trying to use the unborn baby to keep him with her. 

Not exactly- I don't think Briana is madly in love with Luis and wants him back, I think she's enjoying making him scwirm and feel bad because he hurt her pride......

And also because Luis wouldn't take primary custody of the baby. If Briana were a bit smarter she would've used that logic and told him "After the baby is born I will sign over primary custody to you- then you can order me to pay child support and we can arrange a visitation schedule." Luis' response would've put her in a very good light and shown he had no interest in being a parent (even part-time). 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Ha ha, we do the same thing-high fives and sex talk and all. And then we end up doing stupid crap and wasting our time because, as it turns out, we don't know what to do with ourselves anymore. Took my daughter into Rite Aid today and left husband in the car. He said he needed some "quiet time." Five minutes later, he was right on our heels. "You need me to get something?" I asked. "No," he replied. "I just got lonely."

When my daughter was an infant we would occasionally send our son to stay with his grandmother so that we could get a small break and focus on our daughter. He was a needy toddler at the time and we were stressed. And then we'd spend the entire time stressing about sending him away, even though he enjoyed it. Ah...parenthood.

That's when ice cream is for dinner.  And cartoons.  ☺

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Calm81 said:

Homegirl needs guidance instead of ass kissers in her life.

This!  When the college talk started I wish someone would have said to her let's start small first.  They should've said take a semester at a community college towards an associates degree and see if you like it. I remember at one time she was talking about wanting to be a doctor. Why didn't anyone suggest getting a physician assistant or medical transcription certification?  She's finally at a point where she is willing to try something  and I feel bad for her that she is being steered to things she can't reasonably expect to accomplish. I guess I'm frustrated because so many of these girls lay in bed staring at their phone and if Leah is willing to do something productive someone please help her find something she has a chance at being successful at. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Calm81 said:

I feel that Leah is desperately trying to figure out how to get a career going but doesn't know where to start and how to do it - or what career. I think that's why she had her meltdown.

She feels stuck in a hard place with being tied down to three kids with one having a disability (I know she made her bed but she's allowed to have depressed feelings about her wrong choices) and no husband (her fault for cheating but she was young and stupid) that she's regretting all of the mistakes she's made.

She loves her kids but I think she wishes she had waited until after she figured out what she wanted to do with her life before having them.

Like someone mentioned upthread, I can totally see her coaching young cheerleaders for competitions or even just for high school but Leah doesn't know where to begin to get to that place where schools are going to hire her to do that type of job. She needs a professional to sit down with her (like a job placement assessor) to help guide her in what she would be capable of doing and that she would also enjoy. Something she can manage with three kids, too.

Im really rooting for Leah this season because I do see her trying but repeatedly messing up. She jumped into college with the wrong intentions and the failure is painted on her face and now she's embarrassed to have hyped up her new college dream to then have people watch her drop out again. Homegirl needs guidance instead of ass kissers in her life.

Leah needs a real life coach, not Mama Dawn, not someone telling her to sell lipstick on IG. Someone who can take her through all the possibilities, cognizant of the fact that she has baggage and constraints. Enrolling in an undergrad program at a college that is 1.5 hours away from your home when you have 3 kids under 7 and no spouse was not a good move on her part. I am not surprised at all she couldn't hack the commute and the course work. I aso don't think online classes are a good fit for her. In theory, it sounds good, but Leah is easily overwhelmed and the girlses are a handful. I can't see her being able to focus on her coursework in the midst of her chaotic household. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Booger666 said:

This!  When the college talk started I wish someone would have said to her let's start small first.  They should've said take a semester at a community college towards an associates degree and see if you like it. I remember at one time she was talking about wanting to be a doctor. Why didn't anyone suggest getting a physician assistant or medical transcription certification?  She's finally at a point where she is willing to try something  and I feel bad for her that she is being steered to things she can't reasonably expect to accomplish. I guess I'm frustrated because so many of these girls lay in bed staring at their phone and if Leah is willing to do something productive someone please help her find something she has a chance at being successful at. 

I agree. Leah seems to have gotten it together to some degree emotionally...plenty still to snark on but I believe she wants to try. But she's woefully uneducated, probably did not even have a proper high school education, and doesn't have the work ethic, intelligence, or the extreme drive it would take to get something like a 4 year degree (for her). I wish there were people in her life who could help her make rational, practical decisions and lay out feasible plans to make those become reality, whether that involved vocational training or a job or an associate's degree at a local school. She has been propped up too long by MTV money and dudes willing to payroll her life because she's thin and blonde and in the holler that appears to be sufficient. Then her "fans" tell her how brilliant she is. She needs an honest assessment of her interests and capabilities. Yes, she's stupid, but plenty of not-bright folks have full time paying jobs that fulfill them. I do feel for her in that she was obviously always told by Mama Dawn and others in her life to just find a man and if that fails, find another and another, and we're seeing the natural outcome of that message. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 13
17 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

At the rate these freaks multiply, 10 generations for them won't be long.

Reminds me of the beginning of 'Idiocracy'.   Only the 'Clevon's' in this franchise have TM money, for now.

• Love 3

I don't why this bothered me so much (in an episode that had so many bothersome moments to boot) but Kail bringing her dog into the meeting with her adviser just grated my nerves especially because she was so sloppily dressed.  I remember meeting with my adviser in college to beg for leniency for a class that I was close to failing* and I dressed up because that person deserves the respect.   She is helping you out not the other way around 

*Stupidly decided to only take 3 years of French in high school and had to take a semester of it in college to meet the foreign language requirement and I was so over my head.

• Love 12
On 8/15/2017 at 8:13 AM, poeticlicensed said:

Did Kail say she was registered for 23 hours? Um, no girl. I am a faculty member at a university and overloads are usually capped at 18 hours. I think she was counting summer classes. This isn't high school.  You don't get to walk in May graduation if you haven't finished all your hours. That's why they have graduation every semester. If they let her walk, she was given special treatment.

She walked in May and then took summer classes.

On 8/15/2017 at 8:44 AM, Lm2162 said:

Jenelle was more stressed about the gym than I've ever seen her be about the potential of jail time.

I'm starting to think Gym time is a code word........ 

21 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

It must be a Florida thing. Most of the state universities have 3 commencements (fall, spring, summer). I have been a faculty member at my university for nearly 30 years and that's always how it has been done. 

I think both of our state universities only have 1 commencement each year.  You can absolutely finish in the fall but then you have to decide if you want to walk in the spring or not.  

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

She needs an honest assessment of her interests and capabilities. Yes, she's stupid, but plenty of not-bright folks have full time paying jobs that fulfill them.

But I wonder if the jobs or even careers that not-bright folks have would fulfill her, after her MTV fame.  Plus they're probably not going to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

It's weird to think that someone with that much of a leg-up in the holler kind of has no path to happiness.

9 minutes ago, LBS said:

*Stupidly decided to only take 3 years of French in high school and had to take a semester of it in college to meet the foreign language requirement and I was so over my head.

I took the placement exam for Spanish and placed out of five semesters, so I didn't have to take any in college.  THANK GOD.  I just imagined myself being dropped into a class where they're reading Don Quixote in Spanish, while I didn't even read El Frijolito Saltón in high school, and instead just asked good old Javier what happened to said jumping bean so I could pass the test.

• Love 5

I agree with everyone who says Leah is finally wanting to take control of her life, but doesn't know where to start. I have been liking Leah more recently, even with her bone-headed decision to start college and then drop out so quickly. This season, I am seeing less hubris from Leah. It seemed like before, especially when she was married to Germy, she had this "I'm blonde and hot so I'm better than everyone else because I'm bankrolled by a husband...ohhhhh, and I'm also ALWAYS right because I'm a woman, so I can treat said husband however I want" kind of 'tude. I HATED her when she was on drugs, spending tons of money, and constantly berating Germy. At the time, I was so shocked that she cheated on him, even though he was likely cheating on her. If he cheated on Leah, all he would lose is...Leah, who was no prize. He could still live the exact same lifestyle and see Addy on the weekends. Leah should never have cheated, because her lifestyle changed drastically! I think the hardest part of that is the clear message that she can't be a SAHM, and needs to find a job / skill to be "respectable."

i'm definitely rooting for Leah because to me, she seems like the most naturally kind and real of the TM2 girls. Chelsea is doing the best, and I like her for the most part, but she is fake and can be a little mean girl. Leah was an immature teen/young adult and treated Corey terribly during their 16+P, but I think she has grown up. I think she would definitely be the most pleasant girl to spend a day with. I just hope and pray that when she finds another boyfriend, she doesn't get "on her high horse" and "big for her britches" again. Some people are so much more likeable when they're single and knocked down a peg (sadly, I feel this way about Chelsea to a degree, and unapologetically about Jenelle), and Leah needs to learn that the woman's job in a relationship isn't to constantly be "superior" and berate her husband. Only time will tell, but I'm rooting for her!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

But I wonder if the jobs or even careers that not-bright folks have would fulfill her, after her MTV fame.  Plus they're probably not going to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

I'm really hoping that she is putting at least some of her MTV money away. She will never find something that pays more than minimal, and she is never going to find someone in the holler who makes money like Jeremy. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I'm really hoping that she is putting at least some of her MTV money away. She will never find something that pays more than minimal, and she is never going to find someone in the holler who makes money like Jeremy. 

She would most likely never FIND a job but she could create one. Problem is the options are pretty male dominated and I don't see Leah ever considering them. Plus as others have mentioned she would have no one to guide her in pursuit of any of them. I'm thinking heavy equipment rentals, waste management, trucking, maybe even investing in urgent care facilities or day care etc. , or successfully franchising out some cheer factories. It's just a damn shame. Leah has some money to work with but none of the other "raw material" so to speak and no one to help mold/guide her. And it's not even that she doesn't have that - she also is surrounded by people who are doing the exact opposite of guiding her or serving as good role models. Totally sucks. But you know what I would watch? An MTV spin off  - a holler raised women who fell into money - paired with a life coach and financial advisers - trying  her best to over-come her personal, and societal barriers, to become a holler success story. Shit that actually sounds very cool - and I don't even really like Leah (although I agree with the poster that said single Leah would probably be the best of these bunch to spend a pleasant day with).  

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, dabronx said:

She would most likely never FIND a job but she could create one. Problem is the options are pretty male dominated and I don't see Leah ever considering them. Plus as others have mentioned she would have no one to guide her in pursuit of any of them. I'm thinking heavy equipment rentals, waste management,

You mean like a producer on Teen Mom?  ~sorry~

• Love 9
Just now, StatisticalOutlier said:

You mean like a producer on Teen Mom?  ~sorry~

tee hee hee that gave me a good giggle!  Maybe next season they'll mix things up and let each girl be producer for another girl's segments. Anything would be better than Brianna's segments.

• Love 3

@dabronx, I would watch that too! I think that Leah has matured in some ways but not in others. She seems to think that everything should be easy. Why is she surprised that college is hard - it IS, not just for her but for a lot of people (me included). But you put the work in and get it done. I'm not saying that college is for Leah (I don't think it is for a variety of reasons) but she quits everything. That attitude is her problem more than anything. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

Leah needs a real life coach

Didn't she post on Instagram at one time she was becoming a life coach? 

lol 

1 hour ago, LBS said:

I don't why this bothered me so much (in an episode that had so many bothersome moments to boot) but Kail bringing her dog into the meeting with her adviser just grated my nerves especially because she was so sloppily dressed.  I remember meeting with my adviser in college to beg for leniency for a class that I was close to failing* and I dressed up because that person deserves the respect.   She is helping you out not the other way around 

Kail just has no fucks to give about anyone. She treats people shabbily. They should be treating her like the special person that she thinks she is. She gives no one respect. 

Kail uses the victim card in certain situations that she herself has created. People need to give her sympathy and get her out of that situation. That is the attitude she had with her advisor. I fucked up. I now need you to help me. I don't need to impress you or show you respect. The same way she runs to the courts to falsely accuse guys of abuse. 

Kail's brand is being the person who does it all on her own. Never mind she has all these people behind her who have played a major part in how she got where she is at in life. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, dabronx said:

she also is surrounded by people who are doing the exact opposite of guiding her or serving as good role models

this makes such a huge difference. My hairdresser is from "the holler" and she is convinced that all children should be out of the house and married the second they turn 18. She thinks I'm nuts because my kids went to college.  College is a waste of time because her cousin got a scholarship 30 years ago and blew it. She pushed all her kids into marriage when they graduated high school. All her kids have been divorced at least once, some more than once. She reminds me of Mama Dawn. It's hard to break out of that when that is all you see around you and all you are told growing up. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

this makes such a huge difference. My hairdresser is from "the holler" and she is convinced that all children should be out of the house and married the second they turn 18. She thinks I'm nuts because my kids went to college.  College is a waste of time because her cousin got a scholarship 30 years ago and blew it. 

Is she related to the Duggars? That's pretty much their approach to education and marriage as well.

Regarding Leah, I think she needs to enroll in a training program that's one year max. She probably wouldn't feel so overwhelmed if she knew she'd be done in twelve months as opposed to six years. I think her biggest obstacle is she lives in a depressed area. I'm not sure what industry is thriving there besides methadone clinics. 

• Love 6

Yes, back in April it was revealed Leah was training to become a life coach. Just another scam:

http://www.realitytea.com/2017/04/12/teen-mom-2-star-leah-messer-training-life-coach/

Sounding like she’s selling snake oil (because she is), Leah is currently in the Live Your Standard Program. “I am training to be a life coach myself and I cannot wait!” 

https://www.instagram.com/liveyourstandard/

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3

I finally finished this episode so as usual I'm a few days behind.   Kailyn is just gross.  Meeting with her adviser and rudely chewing on gummy bears!  How tacky and inappropriate!  You don't take food of any kind in to meet with your adviser.   I wouldn't have done that anyway but I know for a fact my adviser would have told me to reschedule for a time when I wasn't eating.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Yes, back in April it was revealed Leah was training to become a life coach. Just another scam:

http://www.realitytea.com/2017/04/12/teen-mom-2-star-leah-messer-training-life-coach/

Sounding like she’s selling snake oil (because she is), Leah is currently in the Live Your Standard Program. “I am training to be a life coach myself and I cannot wait!” 

https://www.instagram.com/liveyourstandard/

She is the perfect target for MLM scams. She falls for them. First Mary Kay, then Live Your Standard, a detox program, now what? Is she still selling lipstick?  

FYI, my hairdresser does the MLM thing also. Mary Kay, Herbalife, Amway, Mon-a-Vie, Premier Jewelry, plus many other assorted diet and nutrition aids. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I agree with everyone who says Leah is finally wanting to take control of her life, but doesn't know where to start. I have been liking Leah more recently, even with her bone-headed decision to start college and then drop out so quickly. This season, I am seeing less hubris from Leah. It seemed like before, especially when she was married to Germy, she had this "I'm blonde and hot so I'm better than everyone else because I'm bankrolled by a husband...ohhhhh, and I'm also ALWAYS right because I'm a woman, so I can treat said husband however I want" kind of 'tude. I HATED her when she was on drugs, spending tons of money, and constantly berating Germy. At the time, I was so shocked that she cheated on him, even though he was likely cheating on her. If he cheated on Leah, all he would lose is...Leah, who was no prize. He could still live the exact same lifestyle and see Addy on the weekends. Leah should never have cheated, because her lifestyle changed drastically! I think the hardest part of that is the clear message that she can't be a SAHM, and needs to find a job / skill to be "respectable."

i'm definitely rooting for Leah because to me, she seems like the most naturally kind and real of the TM2 girls. Chelsea is doing the best, and I like her for the most part, but she is fake and can be a little mean girl. Leah was an immature teen/young adult and treated Corey terribly during their 16+P, but I think she has grown up. I think she would definitely be the most pleasant girl to spend a day with. I just hope and pray that when she finds another boyfriend, she doesn't get "on her high horse" and "big for her britches" again. Some people are so much more likeable when they're single and knocked down a peg (sadly, I feel this way about Chelsea to a degree, and unapologetically about Jenelle), and Leah needs to learn that the woman's job in a relationship isn't to constantly be "superior" and berate her husband. Only time will tell, but I'm rooting for her!

I don't know about Leah but I agree to an extent about Chelsea. My unpopular opinion is that I think she's nice to her family but I don't think she's deep down a truly nice *person,* if that makes sense. Just a hunch. Part of the issue is that I grew up more like Chelsea and I feel like I knew plenty of girls like her, and like Kailyn too. Leah's background (for example) is so foreign to me that sometimes I feel odd passing as much judgment, or at least feel like I just don't really get her and never will, because her life and what she was taught growing up are incredibly alien to me. No one in my life would have been anything less than openly, overtly, wildly horrified had I married a guy who got me pregnant in a month, then quickly had a baby and wedding with another dude before I could legally drink. Mama Dawn was basically acting like Leah was Holler Queen because of those choices. I can't even wrap my mind around having a relative like that, much less a mom. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

She is the perfect target for MLM scams. She falls for them. First Mary Kay, then Live Your Standard, a detox program, now what? Is she still selling lipstick?  

FYI, my hairdresser does the MLM thing also. Mary Kay, Herbalife, Amway, Mon-a-Vie, Premier Jewelry, plus many other assorted diet and nutrition aids. 

Leah wants a "career" the easy way without having to do much in the way of work. She is the perfect target for scams. She has likely been told how easy it is for her to do these "jobs" because she has a huge following. 

• Love 7

@Housewives Addict a post turns pink when it gets more than 25 likes :)

Oh Jenelle, why does she make everything so difficult? I felt so bad for poor Maryssa sitting in the back having to listen to those two go back and forth. And they want to bring another kid into that screwed up situation?! So scary

• Love 7

Leah also wants something to make it look as is she is successful and doing something with her life because right now she has no man in her life to carry the responsibilities while she gets to be the perfect SAHM. That is what Leah perceives is the epitome of success in the Holler.

1 minute ago, MaggieG said:

@Housewives Addict a post turns pink when it gets more than 25 likes :)

Oh Jenelle, why does she make everything so difficult? I felt so bad for poor Maryssa sitting in the back having to listen to those two go back and forth. And they want to bring another kid into that screwed up situation?! So scary

Maryssa has likely watched that same behavior between her dad and her own mother. Same shit, different girlfriend.

57 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Yes she is the perfect target. It must be a big thing in her neck of the woods because a lot of females are SAHMs. Leah is a bigger fish with her reality show money burning a hole in her pocket.

• Love 6

Personally I'd rather spend the day with Chelsea over Leah. Neither are the brightest, but if you shared a subject of interest with Chelsea you could have something to talk about and it would be pleasant enough. I don't think I could do that with Leah. 

I do think Leah suffered from someone who peaked VERY early and assumed life would be easy because she was blonde, skinny and white. When the life she thought she wanted for herself blew up in her face (which was her own fault), she didn't know what to do next. It's similar to what I call the "beautiful woman syndrome"- when very beautiful women have low self esteem, make bad choices and become depressed towards their middle age (think Halle Berry and her abusive husband/cheating husband etc)- when a woman is very beautiful she often isn't encouraged to be anything else, and looks can only get you so far. When that narrative ends, what do you do?!!

• Love 13
15 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Lol, when I asked him to clarify he said he meant her hideous fake duck lips and botoxed face, and the fact that she looked like she hadn't showered in a week. 

For someone who complained about her ex wearing sweats on a Sunday, she sure does look like an unwashed slob most of the time, doesn't she? 

15 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I actually feel a little bad for Leah. I think that, with a good role model, Leah might be okay. She needs a mentor-someone to encourage her and offer her some real life support. As others have mentioned, nobody ever seemed to have taught Leah how to "adult." I think the desire for a better life is there, she just doesn't know how to put her ideas into practice. It's like, she knows what end result she wants, but she doesn't know or understand how to undergo the necessary steps to get there

I couldn't agree more. When she's not a drugged out mess or going boy crazy, you can see that glimmer of potential in her. She really does seem to genuinely want better for her girls. She just seems lost. Her mother is a big time enabler. Leah needs someone is firm, but loving, to guide her. 

3 hours ago, gunderda said:

I'm starting to think Gym time is a code word........ 

Oh my gosh, WHY didn't that dawn on me before now? I bet my bottom dollar that you're right!

• Love 18

I think both of our state universities only have 1 commencement each year.  You can absolutely finish in the fall but then you have to decide if you want to walk in the spring or not.  

This is a school by school thing. The area I live in is full of 4 year colleges (22 in our metro area), the school I went to has commencement ceremonies every semester. That seems to be the norm around here. However, the school I work for only has a spring commencement. At my school you didn't walk until you had taken all of your classes but grades for those classes were not out yet when you walked so you received an empty diploma case. Your real diploma was mailed to you after your grades had come in.  When I was in grad school I had to drop a class in the spring due to travel for work which meant I walked in the summer after I took that class. At the school I work for, all classes must be taken and the passing grades have to have come in before you can walk. At my husbands school you could walk as long as you only had 9 more credits to go. All of these schools are in the same area, 2 are state schools and 1 is an elite private school. I doubt any of them would have praised Kail for that presentation or put up with her dog coming to visit.

I feel bad for Leah. She does seem clean and she seems like she wants to do something with her life but she really has no idea how. Quite frankly, being a single mom with three small children, one of which has special needs would make it very difficult to go to school or hold a regular 9-5 job. I know it can be done but she has Teen Mom money so she doesn't really need to. Also, Leah is just not very smart. This is probably a combination of genetics and sub-par education but I think she would find school and work much more difficult then most people. Maybe she could find fulfillment volunteering or joining some type of committee like a Junior League for the Holler. If Allie's hospital is local she could volunteer there. Something like that may also introduce her to a new group of people that could be positive influences in her life.

• Love 3

And they want to bring another kid into that screwed up situation?! 

Noooo, they want to continue to trap each other in this farce of a relationship. They are seriously so weird...they are either raging out, or speaking to each other in high pitched sing-songy voices. Unlike Jenelle's other baby daddies though, I do think she'll have another 2...or 4 with UBT before she moves on to the next. Hopefully by the time she's on her 27th kid she'll understand why 2 year olds cry. 

As fucked up as Leah has behaved, I have to say she has always had a sort of innate sweetness about her, unlike Jenelle who frightens me to my very core. 

• Love 19

Quite frankly, being a single mom with three small children, one of which has special needs would make it very difficult to go to school or hold a regular 9-5 job.

Every time I read this about Leah I always have to respond with this: Leah does not have her kids in her care full-time. She only has them part of the time. She may have Addie in her custody more than Jeremy, however, Leah has had no problem whatsoever with leaving her children in the care of her 3479027209 relatives on both sides of the family including the families of her children's fathers. Leah only has her two oldest for three or sometimes four days out of the week, depending on the schedule. Those two are in school for most of the day during that period of time. Leah has plenty of free time. There is absolutely no reason why Leah can't hold down a job or go to school*. Plenty of single parents do it every single day of the year. That is why her harping on the school being an hour away just made me roll my eyes because 1) she already knew how far the school was and, 2) her kids are in school while Addie is with a relative or her dad's family. She is not neglecting those kids (as she mentioned on the episode) because those kids are active in school or are being cared for by others. They are not at home while she is away. 

* Leah actually can't hold down a job because in order to secure one she would have to make the effort. She wants things to be easy. Getting up early to get dolled up for a job is just not enticing and is too much of a bother.  

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I don't know about Leah but I agree to an extent about Chelsea. My unpopular opinion is that I think she's nice to her family but I don't think she's deep down a truly nice *person,* if that makes sense. Just a hunch. Part of the issue is that I grew up more like Chelsea and I feel like I knew plenty of girls like her, and like Kailyn too. Leah's background (for example) is so foreign to me that sometimes I feel odd passing as much judgment, or at least feel like I just don't really get her and never will, because her life and what she was taught growing up are incredibly alien to me. No one in my life would have been anything less than openly, overtly, wildly horrified had I married a guy who got me pregnant in a month, then quickly had a baby and wedding with another dude before I could legally drink. Mama Dawn was basically acting like Leah was Holler Queen because of those choices. I can't even wrap my mind around having a relative like that, much less a mom. 

I agree with you a thousand percent!!!! I share the unpopular opinion that Chelsea isn't very nice. She treats people decently, and I will say she's a decent person, but saying she's nice...nah, she reminds me too much of this charming mean girl I went to high school with, whom I believe if she had been on TM, she would have been seen in the exact same light as Chelsea. She's kind and entertaining around people she LIKES, but around others...well, she treats them like dirt under her shoe. She's getting married, and I question if her fiancé even knows she's a mean girl, because obviously she's nice to him and his family. I bet when he goes to church with her (or any other social setting, but church is the most obvious for adults) and sees her treating people badly in social setting, he will be shocked!

i feel bad passing judgment on Leah too, and absolutely cannot agree more on peoples' reactions to her decisions. No matter what, my parents would NOT have wanted me to marry Corey, much less live with him as an unstable teen couple. They would have been HORRIFIED with the Germy chain of events. Even if I had had all three kids, nobody in my life would have encouraged me to marry those guys, and would be helping me to get an education, as well as financially. I know exactly what you mean. I am so hard on Chelsea because I know plenty of irresponsible mean girls who came from my social class. I feel bad, with my privilege, judging the other girls too harshly, because I will never understand what their upbringing was like. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 7

I feel bad, with my privilege, judging the other girls too harshly, because I will never understand what their upbringing was like. 

And yet, these same girls have no problem whatsoever passing judgment on everybody else. Monkey!!

I have no qualms with discussing their lives and questioning their behavior, choices, and anything else. I won't make assumptions such as whether they are nice, mean, or anything else unless there is a pattern. With Jenelle, she is and always has been a bitch. She is angry most of the time and is very mean to Barb and has been to others. We know Kail is a very mean girl and an abusive one. She can be downright nasty and is an overall bitter person. Leah has had moments where she was really pissy and a rude bitch to Cory's wife while talking a lot of shit about her on camera. She also made judgments and assumptions. She has acted horribly to Cory and tried to paint him as a bad guy. He made bad choices, but bad choices don't make him a bad guy. I have not seen anything about Chelsea that gives me any indication she is a mean girl. Nothing whatsoever. She has the same friends since the beginning of the show. Those friends come off pretty friendly and decent. Chelsea has had to put up with Adumb's behavior which is mentally and verbally abusive and still, she was pretty damn decent to him when he was not deserving of it. I would have gone off on him a long time ago and would have cut his visits long ago, if a court permitted me to do so. I only get a glimpse of these girls' lives on a 40 minute show. But I think after 8 seasons of episodes along with unedited scenes, after-show specials, reunions, interviews, articles, etc. I feel pretty secure in that observation of Chelsea. 

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Trolling for men. 

It's what she does. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12