Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Unfinished Sentences

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

27 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Was it Chelsea or Leah years ago that couldn't handle a job wiping down tanning beds? I think that's what it was. Did they both have that job?

They both had that job and neither one of them lasted very long.

• Love 4

When Chelsea was working at the salon 20 hours a week, she was also attending beauty college.

Leah worked part-time at a salon and then opened up her own business which was found to be lacking in any certifications and therefore, was considered an illegal business. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

He is better off just staying away for good. He is of no use and doesn't offer his child anything such as a hug. Briana had to make her give him a hug. 

C'mon now...let's not forget about the collection of Walgreens clearance stuffed animals!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

@Christina87 now that I have more time to devote to responding to TM2, in my experience the behavior/vibe/attitude you described Chelsea as having would be considered "catty" to me rather than a "mean girl". Ive said this before I am not someone who knows jack shit about vibes, "woman's intuition" isn't something I've got, but I'm pretty good at patterns and social rules.

It might be symantics to some but I think I was spot on that we were thinking of the term differently. Someone who is "catty" or has "catty" tendencies might be passive aggressive, or petty about things they don't go their way and towards people they don't like but are not morally corrupt individuals. "Mean Girls" have no empathy towards peers (although they may love their parents/kids) and take pleasure in the emotional pain and distress of others to make themselves feel emotionally and intellectually superior. Cattiness is a character flaw but a catty person can still have good character if that makes any sense. To me Chelsea could be catty while Kailyn can be a mean girl. 

Now that I can agree with! She is very catty, but luckily we don't have any evidence she has made people miserable in the past on purpose. I agree 1000% about kailyn being a mean girl, but luckily I doubt she was popular enough, or had enough people who actually WANTED to spend time with her. Thank. God! She was a mean girl to her boyfriends though!

3 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Say what you will about Chelsea -- but she won't scream at a father of a 4-day old for having the nerve to answer the door in sweatpants. 

Hahahahaha you literally just made me spit my water out laughing!!!!! ???

1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

When Chelsea was working at the salon 20 hours a week, she was also attending beauty college.

Leah worked part-time at a salon and then opened up her own business which was found to be lacking in any certifications and therefore, was considered an illegal business. 

Chelsea worked at the salon for like 2 seconds, before she had a disagreement with her manager and quit. This was during the brief time that Randy seemed peeved with her bad decisions, and she didn't tell him for a long time that she had quit. It was in season 2, I think. I can just see the reason:

producer: "the market research shows that people don't think you're a real teen mom because you are 100% supported financially."

chelsea: "really? My dad just loves me!"

producer: "we can fix this easily! How about we have you get a part time job?"

Then she quit. This was long before she finished her GED. I don't think she worked during beauty school, but at least she ended up finishing her esthetician license. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Mkay said:

Ha! How convenient. Click to read. 

Ahahahahaha perfect timing, indeed. 

27 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Then she quit. This was long before she finished her GED. I don't think she worked during beauty school, but at least she ended up finishing her esthetician license. 

Checked some articles and several mentioned the same thing as this: 

Chelsea is currently attending the Black Hills Beauty College studying makeup and hair. And in addition to her Teen Mom duties, Chelsea works part-time at a tanning salon, Year Round Brown, where she works an average of 15-20 hours a week at $10 per hour. That's an average of $175 per week.  http://okmagazine.com/get-scoop/ok-investigates-teen-mom-2s-money-find-out-how-much-chelsea-houska-worth/

Chelsea did quit her job, over the phone! Them were the days. I can snark on her for her questionable choices as I did in the past. But I will also point out the growth and the strides she has made. She loves her children and her husband and seems to be a in a safe and happy place. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 11
On 8/15/2017 at 5:38 AM, poopchute said:

Can't Jenelle take Ensley for a walk in the stroller? I lost all my baby weight just walking with the baby because my husband was AT WORK all day and so of course I couldn't go to the gym.  I can't believe two people who don't have jobs are having this kind of crisis over an hour of gym time.

Jenelle should do what Chelsea did to lose weight. She put an an elliptical machine in her living room so that in between feeding Watson or when he takes a nap, she can work out.

Unless @CofCinci is correct with her assessment about gym time meaning Boogie Town, not actual exercise.

1 hour ago, Mkay said:

Ha! How convenient. Click to read. 

Nice to read this about Chelsea.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Ahahahahaha perfect timing, indeed. 

Checked some articles and several mentioned the same thing as this: 

Chelsea is currently attending the Black Hills Beauty College studying makeup and hair. And in addition to her Teen Mom duties, Chelsea works part-time at a tanning salon, Year Round Brown, where she works an average of 15-20 hours a week at $10 per hour. That's an average of $175 per week.  http://okmagazine.com/get-scoop/ok-investigates-teen-mom-2s-money-find-out-how-much-chelsea-houska-worth/

Chelsea did quit her job, over the phone! Them were the days. I can snark on her for her questionable choices as I did in the past. But I will also point out the growth and the strides she has made. She loves her children and her husband and seems to be a in a safe and happy place. 

I always thought she got a job earlier, but thanks for looking up the info! Damn. That was a lot of years of Randy supporting her! I was so glad when she did get a job. I wonder if she worked there when she took her leave of absence from school. I would respect her a little bit more haha!

• Love 2

I actually have heard from some teen mom news slideshow click site that chelsea is the most un friendly.

I have a real beef with Jenelle and her "I want to go to the gym!" Argument. I can't stand when people make excuses for not working out/going to gym. I don't have a baby (sure wish I did!) but why can't she go for a walk with Easley? If the weather isn't nice, why not buy an elliptical or treadmill? A nice piece of equipment will last you many years and save you on a gym membership. Keep ensley in  room in a swing and run, walk, elliptical it. I think she just wanted something to be crabby about and start an argument with David. She's a person that feeds on arguments. My husband always comments on his two brothers and how they are always fighting with girlfriends. He doesn't understand why they stay together. I always tell him there are certain people who feed on that and want that in relationships. Jenelle is a prime example! 

• Love 14

@CourtneyCourt and this is also what makes good guys scared of relationships / marriage with decent girls! I can't stand people like jenelle. I don't think she even wanted to go the gym. The first thing she said when they got in the car was, "I don't feel like doing anything today." If I was that tired, my last priority would be the gym!

• Love 6
19 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Yeah, I hate calling him cute when he's such a deadbeat, but I can at least see how he got a girl to sleep with him. Luis obviously has to go to da club because...beer goggles (works both ways!)l. Nova is adorable. *fingers crossed as well for Stella*

With both Devoin and Luis, they may be deadbeats but at least I don't mind looking at them. When David comes on my screen, I look away. I can't stand to look at him knowing all the crap he's done and probably does while off camera. If I ever saw David on the street, I'd cross the street. That guy is awful. I had the same thing with Matt from OG, I couldn't stand to look at his ugly face

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I always thought she got a job earlier, but thanks for looking up the info! Damn. That was a lot of years of Randy supporting her! I was so glad when she did get a job. I wonder if she worked there when she took her leave of absence from school. I would respect her a little bit more haha!

She might have had another job previous to this one. I do recall her quitting over the phone, that might be the earlier job? I don't recall a lot of details from the early seasons like others do. 

3 hours ago, CourtneyCourt said:

I think she just wanted something to be crabby about and start an argument with David. She's a person that feeds on arguments. My husband always comments on his two brothers and how they are always fighting with girlfriends. He doesn't understand why they stay together. I always tell him there are certain people who feed on that and want that in relationships. Jenelle is a prime example! 

Yes! Jenelle is always fighting over petty shit. It is the norm for her. I might attribute it to PPD, but with Jenelle, you'd never know the difference. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Say what you will about Chelsea -- but she won't scream at a father of a 4-day old for having the nerve to answer the door in sweatpants. 

She'd say, "Cool sweats", toss you a Carhart hat, and be on her way. 

• Love 8
On 8/17/2017 at 10:04 AM, GreatKazu said:

Right. I have seen how people approach celebs (A-list and Z-list). Living here in Southern California, I have seen many people who think those people owe them an autograph, they should pose and take a photo, those people interrupt a private dinner or moment, they just don't respect people's private time. I once watched a guy berate some D-list personality who was with his family in a grocery store. I didn't even know who the D-list personality was until after the fact. The behavior of some people comes off very entitled. I have passed on going up to a celeb or personality because I respect their private time. Other people will shout things to them, call them names, it can be downright mean. As much as I detest Kail, Maci, and Jenelle, I would never approach them or feel I am entitled to go right up to them and verbally harass them. 

I've run into celebrities. I never approach them or acknowledge them. It just isn't cool (to me).

I have a co-worker who gets his picture taken with every celebrity he meets.  He somehow manages to not be a dork about it, but I just can't.

On 8/17/2017 at 3:26 PM, GreatKazu said:

Every single time I see Luis on my screen, he reminds me of Wooly Willy. You all remember that magnetic toy. That is not a good look. lol 

wooly_willy_toy.jpg

This is brilliant.  And hilarious. 

• Love 7

@guilfoyleatpp and @GreatKazu I have run into celebrities outside of publicity events (when they are out and about living their life), when I saw Michael Ealy in Whole Foods I did say "hi, I like your movies a lot, sorry to bother you I'll let you get back to your grocery shopping." He was very nice. I think it's one thing to say to a celeb "hello, I'm a big fan, nice to see you today" and keep on moving compared to stopping their entire day, getting in their personal space and demanding photos etc. Knowing how people feel they "know" celebs I can see how having a stranger jump in your personal space, want photos etc could be jarring at best and scary at worst for the Teen Mom ladies. I think the cardinal rule is don't say anything you wouldn't say to another stranger on the street. 

• Love 8

I agree, and I also think it depends on where you live. I am from a small town in the South, so I think if I ran into Channing Tatum at the grocery store, well...he would probably expect me to say something. ? The few times a celebrity has passed through town, like when Nicole Ritchie stopped at our chick-fil-a a decade ago, made front page news and pictures were passed around for weeks!!! If you live somewhere that celebrities are more expected, I don't think you should bother them though, and if you do, be super polite about it. 

• Love 5
On 8/18/2017 at 8:48 AM, MaggieG said:

With both Devoin and Luis, they may be deadbeats but at least I don't mind looking at them. When David comes on my screen, I look away. I can't stand to look at him knowing all the crap he's done and probably does while off camera. If I ever saw David on the street, I'd cross the street. That guy is awful. I had the same thing with Matt from OG, I couldn't stand to look at his ugly face

In my personal opinion, David is very unattractive facially. His face looks strange. Like he's wearing a disguise or something. Its very odd.  That is independent of his horrible character and personality.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I agree, and I also think it depends on where you live. I am from a small town in the South, so I think if I ran into Channing Tatum at the grocery store, well...he would probably expect me to say something. ? The few times a celebrity has passed through town, like when Nicole Ritchie stopped at our chick-fil-a a decade ago, made front page news and pictures were passed around for weeks!!! If you live somewhere that celebrities are more expected, I don't think you should bother them though, and if you do, be super polite about it. 

Channing Tatum is in our area a lot. He has a home nearby in a small town called Ojai. It is the same town where the late Larry Hagman lived. I saw him at a local pancake restaurant with his family. A few people asked for photos, but most just let him be. Others had no clue who he is. I was one of them even though I am know of the movie Magic Mike. *hides head in shame because I never watched it*

44 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

In my personal opinion, David is very unattractive facially. His face looks strange. Like he's wearing a disguise or something. Its very odd.  That is independent of his horrible character and personality.

I think that is pretty much it for me. When assholes are assholes, it doesn't matter how they look on the outside. Their behavior makes them ugly inside and out. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

His jawline isn't in proportion to the rest of his head...which is a nice way of saying he's jowly.

• Love 9

Late to the party,  school just started back up. Karl's presentation was a joke. She was not making eye contact, her speech was not clear and she did not engage with her audience. One positive,  I think her outfit to present was appropriate. Hard to get a great look at it, but I think she, at least looked the part. 

• Love 8
On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:38 AM, poopchute said:

Can't Jenelle take Ensley for a walk in the stroller? I lost all my baby weight just walking with the baby because my husband was AT WORK all day and so of course I couldn't go to the gym.  I can't believe two people who don't have jobs are having this kind of crisis over an hour of gym time.

Right?  I took long walks with the baby and did insanity workouts while he napped.  As a responsible adult, you figure that shit out instead of just bitching about it.  Hell, I work full-time, have a five year old and two year old and still manage to work out 5 days a week.  Jenelle can miss me with that shit.

• Love 2

Also late to the party due to school starting, but I wanted to chime in on "mean people" in general vs "Mean Girls." An actual Mean Girl in the colloquial sense is not going to be an obvious raging bitch. She's much more stealth, or catty as others have said. Fakeness is a major factor. Think of how Regina George would give someone a treacly compliment on her bracelet or skirt, and then make a gagging face about the same item as the girl walked away.

Mean Girls usually have most people fooled, even parents and authority figures, and maybe they're never anything but nice to some people -- probably the people who can do something for them. They're strategic, which means they're going to keep the right people on their good side in order to serve their purposes. Mean Girls are a very specific type of person, not just any unkind female human. 

Now I have no idea whether Chelsea is this kind of person, or was but has grown out of it, but I wouldn't exactly be surprised to learn she was. I get the same "vibe" others have mentioned. Maybe we're the unfortunate ones who have enough experience with the shadow side of MGs to spot it a mile away, or maybe we're reading her all wrong. I'll try to defer judgment on Chelsea since I don't know her IRL, but my Blink/Gift of Fear/Pop Psych 1301 instinctive reaction to her is that she would be nice to me when she wanted to copy my math homework and then make fun of me in front of the boy I liked and say "can't you take a joke?!" if I didn't think it was hilarious.

LEAH on the other hand is actually too dumb to pull off Mean Girling, and that is a pretty low bar. She's that level of dumb where she has no idea how dumb she is, which is why WVSU was such a shock to her. She's the kind of girl who would put on a magnanimous show of being nice to the fat girl or the severely autistic boy in a super high-pitched voice with lots of sibilance because she thinks she's so much better than them but news flash, Walter Kronkite, she isn't. 

• Love 10

@JocelynCavanaugh, Wow, it sounds like you are describing some MP's I've worked with over the years.  Seriously, MP's are everywhere. I always keep the faith that even though they keep the right people on their side for their purposes, eventually the truth will come out. For me, it has, at least once. and I was thankful.  So there's that. But darn, they get under your skin. Sometimes I want to scream, "seriously, don't you see what's really going on."  when they make that strategic, sly comment, but I digress.

Speculating but  I think what skews Chelsea is that she is continuously being filmed and agree, we don't really know her. It seems like, if one was being filmed, one would be extra cautious about what you put out there.  Dare I say, " protecting their brand?"  Watching the show,  I feel I've seen Chelsea grow and mature over the years.  I've reconnected with some MG's that were tormentors in high school and they actually turned out to be okay.  Once they left the small pond  of high school and hit the real world, maybe reality sets in. Again, I'm cautious because of history, but I try to be optimistic. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Also late to the party due to school starting, but I wanted to chime in on "mean people" in general vs "Mean Girls." An actual Mean Girl in the colloquial sense is not going to be an obvious raging bitch. She's much more stealth, or catty as others have said. Fakeness is a major factor. Think of how Regina George would give someone a treacly compliment on her bracelet or skirt, and then make a gagging face about the same item as the girl walked away.

Mean Girls usually have most people fooled, even parents and authority figures, and maybe they're never anything but nice to some people -- probably the people who can do something for them. They're strategic, which means they're going to keep the right people on their good side in order to serve their purposes. Mean Girls are a very specific type of person, not just any unkind female human. 

Now I have no idea whether Chelsea is this kind of person, or was but has grown out of it, but I wouldn't exactly be surprised to learn she was. I get the same "vibe" others have mentioned. Maybe we're the unfortunate ones who have enough experience with the shadow side of MGs to spot it a mile away, or maybe we're reading her all wrong. I'll try to defer judgment on Chelsea since I don't know her IRL, but my Blink/Gift of Fear/Pop Psych 1301 instinctive reaction to her is that she would be nice to me when she wanted to copy my math homework and then make fun of me in front of the boy I liked and say "can't you take a joke?!" if I didn't think it was hilarious.

LEAH on the other hand is actually too dumb to pull off Mean Girling, and that is a pretty low bar. She's that level of dumb where she has no idea how dumb she is, which is why WVSU was such a shock to her. She's the kind of girl who would put on a magnanimous show of being nice to the fat girl or the severely autistic boy in a super high-pitched voice with lots of sibilance because she thinks she's so much better than them but news flash, Walter Kronkite, she isn't. 

BINGO. This is exactly how I feel about Chelsea and Leah, and omg, Leah being super nice to the fat girl or dorky boy made me laugh because I had never thought of that and it is sooooo true!!!! I totally see that!!!!

i think some of us have had the unfortunate reality of interacting with too many people like this. As I've said before, the mean girl I knew in high school was nice to people who could get her somewhere, as well as most authority figures. As a teacher now, I hear from kids and even other teachers that someone is a "mean girl" and I just don't see it. I taught a girl last year who was GORGEOUS and talented, and she and I had a great rapport. A lot of girls avoided her because she was supposedly mean to them, and I heard from some teachers that she was a problem. She loved my class, and I was the director of the school play, so being nice to me was essential so she could get a good part. Even knowing she was mean to some people, I just didn't see it. That being said, she was so unusually beautiful that the concrete fact that she would be a little stuck up wasn't at all surprising. 

In high school, I see Chelsea as the girl who wasn't pretty enough to be the queen bee, and didn't really want to directly follow the queen bee. I see her as the girl who had her own clique of rich, semi-beautiful friends who hung out with the queen bee and friends sometimes, but were their own little group, with Chelsea as the queen bee of it. B list cool, but still stars if you were D list. That group would be more "approachable," but if they saw you as inferior, they would copy your homework and then make fun of you in front of your crush, for example, to keep you in your place. As an adult, I see Chelsea as someone who wishes to relive those days by hanging with fan girls who copy her look and mannerisms. However, I don't see them as necessarily having peers that they treat badly, but just being catty in general about girls on fb that they never see or celebrity gossip, etc. 

haha didn't mean to write a novel, but what you said rang so true to me!

ETA: also I like how you distinguished mean girls vs mean people. I see Kail as a genuinely mean person, but having no use for the fake crap of being a mean girl in high school. Plus she doesn't exactly have the personality to attract people who are desperate to hang out with her! I see everyone taking her at face value and keeping their distance if smart. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

ETA: also I like how you distinguished mean girls vs mean people. I see Kail as a genuinely mean person, but having no use for the fake crap of being a mean girl in high school. Plus she doesn't exactly have the personality to attract people who are desperate to hang out with her! I see everyone taking her at face value and keeping their distance if smart. 

Thanks, Christina! I'm not surprised that a fellow educator would know what I mean. ;)

That's a good point about Kailyn. She's definitely not a "mean girl" in this sense because she has no patience for strategizing and no compunctions about being a full-on asshole to anyone who crosses her. She's just a nasty person. It almost makes me respect her more because at least she's up-front about who she is. But then I remember that who she is is pretty horrible so I'm back at square one.

I actually think Jenelle is neither of those kinds of mean, even though she yells a lot. She strikes me as having a legitimate personality disorder. Some have speculated she's a sociopath/psychopath, and I could also see her being borderline (the classic "I hate you!/Don't leave me!"), or whatever we call adults who never grow out of Oppositional Defiant Disorder. I think her anxiety diagnosis is accurate, but it's not even close to the full picture. There's a cluster of issues going on with her, some innate and some due to how she was raised. Most of y'all will probably think this is nuts, but of the four TM2 girls, she's the one I'd choose to hang out with, because she's the most entertaining. We could bond over Kesha. A few hours of Chelsea's baby voice, Leah's vocal fry/valley girl/holler accent combo, or Kailyn's machine gun monotone would drive me nuts.

• Love 5

@JocelynCavanaugh ahhhhh that's so cool that you are a fellow educator. ? I hope your school year is getting off to a good start! I really like your analysis about jenelle. I was trying to figure out where she fits in on this spectrum, and I agree that she isn't even on it. She seems to have a pattern of picking friends who like the party life, like Tori. I think that's what she looks for in a friend, and has no time for social games. I can't see her being fake enough to even ask to copy someone's math homework that she just kind of likes. She would be all, "tori dude, did you do your homework? Let me see it," all in her monotone voice. I don't think she would reach out to people outside her group, but I think she would be okay relating to them if she had to, like if they were placed on a group project together. I don't think she has any need to use people because she doesn't seem to care about popularity among girls. HOWEVER, she has a whole host of issues when it comes to boys that Chelsea could never touch!

ETA: I think that is why some people have said jenelle is friendly in person (minus when she is out in public with someone like UBT, when she gets nasty). I've heard that she is pretty friendly with journalists and people like that. With Jenelle, there seem to be three categories: people she's sexually attracted to; people who get in the way of her being with them; and everybody else. I think if she's in the company of "everybody else," she can be outwardly bearable, as hard as it is to believe. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 4

I think it's okay to quickly (and respectfully) approach a celeb, tell them you are a fan, ask for a selfie, and then GTFO so they can go on with their business. My only rule is that if they're with their kids, none of this applies. You never approach a celebrity who is out with his/her children. The celebrity chose this life and did certain things to be celebrities. The kids have no choice and should get to have time with their celeb parents without people intruding. Also, I imagine that it's scary (especially for a small kid) if strangers are always approaching your parent when you're with them.  Even though the TM girls' kids are mini-celebrities themselves and are on TV, I would not feel comfortable asking any of them for selfies or anything if they were with their kids. I'll also give celebs a bit of a pass for being "jerks" to fans who approach them when they're with their kids 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Kailyn's machine gun monotone 

I have a close relative that speaks exactly the way Kail does (without the awful, ugly words) and this is a perfect description. This relative was pretty much raised in the same manner as Kail. I have often wondered if the similar way of speaking was because of their childhoods.

• Love 3

If we were talking high school, I could see Leah being the floozy cheerleader who sleeps with the entire football team, Kail would've been the bully, Jenelle the druggie who was always getting suspended and Chelsea the fakey-fake girl who'd smile in your face and talk major shit about you behind your back. 

I will give Chelsea some credit for having a bit of maturity, because she doesn't argue and fight with people on social media the way Kail and Jenelle do, but do I think she'd be super sweet if I met her in person? No. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

In the twitter spats department chelsea has more maturity than her dad.  

I agree. Even if Randy is acting as Chelsea's mouthpiece, he should really know better. It's like dude, come on. You're a freaking educated professional for God's sake. Arguing with Millenials on Twitter is so beneath him.

• Love 5
On 8/19/2017 at 6:03 PM, lezlers said:

Right?  I took long walks with the baby and did insanity workouts while he napped.  As a responsible adult, you figure that shit out instead of just bitching about it.  Hell, I work full-time, have a five year old and two year old and still manage to work out 5 days a week.  Jenelle can miss me with that shit.

I always had to hold my newborn for naps! but I don't care about working out, so whatever :)

• Love 7