Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

Hey Larry, stop telling everyone that you put "everything on the line".   You spent between 5K and 10K on a vacation.   If anyone is getting anything out of this is you, the experience of a vacation outside the US, which you never had.   When you truly care for someone, you don't throw this on their face over and over.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, AmyBre said:

And then with the roasted pig, he really messed it up.  Larry has no manners and no idea on social graces.   Couldn't he just taste the pig?  I mean, he's been kissing that other pig (Jenny) why couldn't he eat part of the other pig?   They were right, that was highly disrespectful.   He works at a goddamned McDonals, he's already eaten dog and cats.   Jenny should have also given Larry a heads up about the little feast they had planned for him and what was expected of him.

Patrick running in the middle of Paris.  I've been to Paris three times and I have never seen people running like that in the middle of the streets and through the monuments.  That dude is so self centered is not even funny.  Then they went to Sacred Heart and he's doing his flips again and sticking his tongue and licking his lips.  Patrick makes me want to renounce my US citizenship.

I know we're bitching around but no need to go this far. Jenny may be poor but still . She's a woman.  Not a pig.

Larry knew he was going to a feast. Why did she need to tell him about? You go to a feast, you eat and you drink.  First of all, he didn't bother to dress properly. And Jenny should have told him he was expected to eat?

"Why is it such a big deal?" Seriously Larry. This family is so poor they can only afford one bed in a studio. They offer you a meal and you don't even taste it. I thought he was vegan maybe. Hell no, he just fears diarrhea. It's not veggies !  It's roasted meat!

I'm very proud of her father. Despite his poverty he didn't offer his daughter like Karine's  parents and Abby's did. " Oh American? Yes take my daughter away please. Do whatever you want!"

I'm so tired of these stupid Americans (thank you Mother Pedro). I won't eat this, I won't it that, I'm not going into the water, I run half-naked in the middle of Paris...

I really hope Jenny can get her green card, dump him and find a smart guy.

Edited by Bibi
  • Love 24
17 minutes ago, hawkhd said:

Jenny is growing on me, I hope she rips off Larry's head and "diarears" down his neck.

Omg I scream laughed and couldn't catch my breath for a good 3 minutes after reading this. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

Where did Karine get her new phone with her mom's number already in it? Hmmm ... 

I know my mother's number and I think most people do.

If someone gave me their phone, I could call my mother.

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

Where did Karine get her new phone with her mom's number already in it? Hmmm ... 

I figure she has a girl girl phone (the one she lets Paul see) and a naughty girl phone (for continuing  to play the field). 

Is there any chance Larry doesn’t eat pork for religious reasons and they edited it out?

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 1

I think that Patrick was really sweet with Mariam today.  He may want to be her boyfriend, but from what we’ve seen he doesn’t try to grab her, he doesn’t try to grope her, he’s not trying to force her into a kiss, he  has his own place to stay, etc. He seems genuine as he’s trying to win her heart. 

I think they could be very good supportive friends for one another.  

• Love 13

If Larry is a vegetarian or doesn't eat pork for religious reasons, perhaps he should have mentioned it to Jenny in one of their chats.  Even though they appear to live in abject poverty, Jenny's dad didn't seem the least impressed with her American boyfriend.  I have a feeling he has met many, many of them, knows how this will end and is over it. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 15

Larry says he doesn’t eat meat.  That’s fine.  But share it with her family before getting there. His awkward bro hugs for the win  

Miryam is making up the “boyfriend”. 

Hubby and I noticed Karine and her phone that was supposedly stolen. 

• Love 3

We are being too hard on Larry!

There's nothing he likes better for breakfast than buttered toast,  scrambled eggs and bacon.  

And he sneaks away from McDonald's after the lunch rush for his favorite deli -- Virginia ham and Swiss on a hard roll, spicy mustard.

Then his fave dinner at Mama Pileggi's once a week are pork chops slowly simmered for hours in marinara,  served over thin spaghetti, topped with parmesan.

But a PIG !  How can ANYBODY expect him to eat a PIG ?  Come on!

Moron.

And take off your hat while you're at it, Larry!

When this season began, my initial impression of Larry was that he was a pathetic schlub, clueless and frittering away his 401K for the hope of sex.   No one I would admire, but not exactly a criminal. (Though he seemed to love his dog, which is sweet.)

Watching him tonight gave us the perfect illustration of why Larry can't connect with an American woman.  Zero communication skills and THICK. Idiot.

• Love 21
10 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

If you see that I looked at your profile, it's not because I am a creepy stalker. Was just hoping you lived near me so I could be your wing-woman.

Hee hee!  I think I love you.

50 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Patrick, if you want to woo a woman, leave your old ripped up clothes from Goodwill at home. 

I was in a store yesterday and walked around the young mens' wear section. Ripped up clothes are on the racks.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, PityFree said:

Oh Larry, Larry, Larry what was that ridiculous bowing and genuflecting to Jenny’s parents?  And then she refused to eat the food that was specially prepared for you as a huge and expensive honor? It’s just pork, Larry. 

Anthony needs to  find a way to just tell Courtney that she needs to get a hotel room.  She’s being rude to insist on sleeping on the bed and making him sleep on the couch.  Why isn’t she on the couch?  she’s ridiculous I can’t stand her.

The way she views sex as a huge favor and how she's really put upon with the whole idea should be a huge red flag.

• Love 6

Patrick - So DUN with him.  All I can see is his BabyMama, stuck permanently in the Friend Zone, looking hurt that he's heading for Paris to a New Gal.  Really?  Karma is rough and we are all watching with the popcorn.  Marium is enjoying the attention, and had no interest in him.  IF she has a BF, she told him about Patrick only to try to get him jealous, and he's either not jealous at all, or else he's bugged and giving her the silent treatment.  Their story is annoying and the only ending I would like to see is Patrick going back to the BabyMama and putting some Serious Effort into making that family work.  Sheesh.

Larry - the look on his face as he gingerly took a bite of the pork then immediately ripped it out of his mouth, all the while sweating up a storm.....seriously?  I saw that delish looking pork and thought "Man!  That skin looks nice and crunchy....YUMM!"  He has zero social graces, and while Jenny looks to be in it for the green card, it seems like she thought he had a tiny bit of manners and was shocked and dismayed to realize that she's stuck with an social idiot.  I am guessing her Mom is in the Middle East as a domestic.  My heart breaks for her in not seeing her Mom for 3 years.  Larry should have taken one look at that home and insisted on using his 401K to get them BEDS and some some minor comforts instead of judging them and leaving.  He is useless. On the other hand, if she gets a grip on his financial situation, she may just dodge a bullet when she realizes that his income will not allow them to help her family financially....so there is that.

Antonio -- his friend is a complete wingman who hooked him up.  Corny got all goo-goo eyed when she heard the Back Up Singer tell her how Antonio's rudeness is simply cultural.  Nice!  Antonio can't wait for her to leave. I can't wait for her to leave.  Move on girlfriend, this exotic guy is too much for you....none of the passive aggressive cold shoulder will work on him in the long term.  Move on.....

Karine needs to get a person to translate what is going on...she will never understand with his "pat" answers "someone accused me of burning my personal belongings for insurance fraud."  WHAT?  There is a LOT to unpack there and without a translator, she is hopeless of getting close to the real story.  It sounded like she wanted to move forward and forget about the machete mugging, his abandoning her in a dangerous area, and avoiding talking about this past...this could work out for him....but she is making a serious mistake in not getting a translator to help her make that decision.

Edited by Eme
  • Love 19
3 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

Jenny is growing on me too!  In all fairness, of course she's talked to a lot of other guys.  Didn't we all before we landed on the right one?  Doesn't make her a bad person.  And she may not show a lot of emotion.  Some people just don't. 

I used to be on Team Larry, but not after tonight.  He blew right past uber doofus straight to ignorant dick tonight!  These people have literally NOTHING and they tried to honor him with a special meal which he turned up his snotty little nose at.  Like he's too good to eat that?  Whatever.  Jackass.

Poor Larry is clueless about American culture and Philippine culture. 

The family was definitely interviewing him to make sure he would be sending lots of $$’s back to support them.

On 1 October, 2017 at 8:33 PM, Drogo said:

Karine wonders what happened to Paul; Larry insults Jenny's family when he visits; Sean questions his future with Abby after their fight; Cortney wants more insight on Antonio's feelings; Patrick and Myriam have a heart to heart in Paris.

Larry, Paul and Sean frustrate me so much. Why are these men travelling across the world to search for a wife, yet as soon as they arrive, they are obsessed with finding out if their 'loves' have been sexually active with anyone else? They place so much importance on sexual activity, even though they all are not virgins, themselves. Never ask a question if you don't want the real answer, boys. I realize these gals all want to get a chance to work in America and financially help their families, but Ugh… this is too much. These guys are gross.

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Larry, Paul and Sean frustrate me so much. Why are these men travelling across the world to search for a wife, yet as soon as they arrive, they are obsessed with finding out if their 'loves' have been sexually active with anyone else? They place so much importance on sexual activity, even though they all are not virgins, themselves. Never ask a question if you don't want the real answer, boys. I realize these gals all want to get a chance to work in America and financially help their families, but Ugh… this is too much. These guys are gross.

It's something to hold over them. Power trip for them. Gives them the Green Card Upper Hand.

Have nothing against providing an STD screen if I am serious with someone. I expect him to do the same.

• Love 4

I am starting to understand why Larry has not had sex in 12 years. What was so freaking annoying is that he didn’t get that jenny’s Poor family made him a special meal they likely had to scrape up the money for, if TLC didn’t pay for it, and spend hours making it. They made him a meal they can’t normally afford to have for themselves. It’s not just that he didn’t eat it, it’s the sentiment behind the meal itself. He is also an idiot because Lechon is amazing and I would gladly have taken his plate. Oh and I dated a few guys who dressed like Larry. Of course, they were in high school and it was the early 90s. 

I am over Paul and Karine. She will stay with him to get out of poverty. 

Sean is an idiot on every level. You know your 20 year-old girlfriend is still in love with her grandpa age ex-boyfriend but you are still contemplating asking her to marry you. You are officially dumber than Larry. 

Courtney doesn’t want a boyfriend, she wants someone to want her so she can reject them. It’s interesting how she was so upbeat prior to the trip and now she is just annoyed by everything. If you is so unhappy, go home like normal people. Nothing she is saying or doing would make any man throw themselves at her feet. With that attitude, very few men are going to hang around just for the hope of sex. I think she likes the chase but doesn’t want the actual relationship once caught. She reminds me of that person who is always looking for a reason to start an argument with their significant other. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Eme said:

Larry - the look on his face as he gingerly took a bite of the pork then immediately ripped it out of his mouth, all the while sweating up a storm.....seriously?  I saw that delish looking pork and thought "Man!  That skin looks nice and crunchy....YUMM!"  He has zero social graces, and while Jenny looks to be in it for the green card, it seems like she thought he had a tiny bit of manners and was shocked and dismayed to realize that she's stuck with an social idiot.  I am guessing her Mom is in the Middle East as a domestic.  My heart breaks for her in not seeing her Mom for 3 years.  Larry should have taken one look at that home and insisted on using his 401K to get them BEDS and some some minor comforts instead of judging them and leaving.  He is useless. On the other hand, if she gets a grip on his financial situation, she may just dodge a bullet when she realizes that his income will not allow them to help her family financially....so there is that.

Yeah, it's terrible than she hasn't seen her mom. Many Filipinas leave the Philippines to earn money as domestic helpers in Hong Kong, Singapore, the Middle East, etc.  And many of them are not treated well by their rich Chinese or rich Arab bosses. Or they work for an employment service that hold on to their passport while they are abroad, deducts huge amounts from their pay to repay the plane ticket, etc.  Some of the younger ones then also work as freelance prostitutes in sleazy bars in Hong Kong.

If you want to read something heartbreaking on this general topic, read this story from the Atlantic about an American family that had a Filipina slave for 50 years.  https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/06/lolas-story/524490/

As far as Jenny is concerned, she's not going to reject Larry for being too poor.  He likely earns 10X what anyone in her family makes. Even if they can only send couple of hundred bucks a month home from Florida, that makes a huge difference. And she can work in the USA and send 90% of that money back.  Most definitely.  Jenny's not that young or that pretty and is in no position to reject any decent 30-55 year old American suitor. 

• Love 16

The problem with Larry's meal is that the pork wasn't smushed into a rectangular patty and then slathered in BBQ sauce.  Larry's hosts really should have looked up a McRib recipe on the internet or something.*

As for Sean and Abby, I'm pulling for those two crazy kids and and their wedding.  Here's how I picture it....

The officiant looks out into the crowd of wedding guests.  "If anyone objects to this union, let him speak now or forever hold his peace."  Abby  looks expectantly at Chris, who sits a few rows back in the pews.  Chris appears to be playing a game on his iPhone.  Dejected, Abby sighs and looks at Sean.  Sean looks back at her and yells, "You invited him to our wedding?!"**

*I'm kidding.

**I think I'm kidding, but I might not be.  

Edited by MrHufflepuff
  • Love 19

I think we’re all watching this for the train wreck that it is! 

I still think Jenny is playing Larry. I would like to see the dates on all of those Unread messages,are they really being unread? Or is she only showing all the messages she’s received while she’s been busy visiting him. Who’s to say she didn’t delete her sent messages all the way up until she got to his?     Plus why didn’t she just delete the app,if she no longer uses it? Her story is BS to me.

Larry if this is the women you “love” then just eat the freaking meal,you say you want her family to like you & respect you. Well sometimes you just have to lie to your in-laws to keep everyone happy & drama free (My mother in law makes dozens of home made cookies every Xmas because she thinks I love them. I don’t,they’re salty. But I love her effort & I love her for doing it) 

Patrick & maryiam,seem like they would be great together (even if he is obnoxious in public) but I can’t ever see her wanting to move to the US,she seems happy where she is. 

If Sean actually marries Abby then I don’t feel one bit sorry for how badly that ends for him. The signs are all there, Same thing for Darcy.

I’m not convinced the whole mugging situation went down. It’s Too much like a cheesy romantic movie, The guy reveals a flaw to the girl,the girl begs that she loves him no matter what. The guy runs off ashamed,she chases after. He pushes away,she leaves alone & then surprise surprise,she’s robbed & he wasn’t there to “protect” her (no one with a machete would be afraid of Paul,hell even with out they wouldn’t)

Courtney is an idiot,it’s almost too sad to watch. Hopefully a therapist will reach out to her & make her aware how stupid & gulliable she is & that’s why she ends up hurt. Easy target for douchebags.

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Lizzing said:

I really wish someone would have explained the gunshots that happened just after the machete mugging.

This! Did someone really get shot? Did Karine get her phone back out of the guys cold dead hands ? 

I did NOT miss Jesse and Darcy this week. At all.

I did laugh went Larry went in for the hug on Father Jenny and Father Jenny did the evasive move that Ellen Griswold does when Cousin Eddie goes in for the hug w. Her!! :-)

• Love 9
9 hours ago, AmyBre said:

<snip> And then with the roasted pig, he really messed it up.  Larry has no manners and no idea on social graces.   Couldn't he just taste the pig?<snip>

8 hours ago, CofCinci said:

<snip> Is there any chance Larry doesn’t eat pork for religious reasons and they edited it out?

7 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Larry says he doesn’t eat meat. <snip>

When that scene began, my first thought was Larry is vegan or vegetarian, which is fine but I can't understand why that important tidbit of information would not have been something he would have communicated to Jenny already. But as the scene progressed, it became apparent to me Larry's problem was one of being scared to eat food that in his mind might have not been prepared in "sanitary conditions" and/or concern the meat itself might have been infected with parasites.

I remember watching one of those "medical mystery" shows a couple years back in which a woman had become infected with a worm that was crawling around between her skull and her scalp; apparently she had become infected by eating a pork taco bought from a street vendor in Mexico when she was on vacation.

However, in the grand scheme of things, these kinds of issues are quite rare. That pork looked VERY well-cooked to me, and chances are, any parasites or bacteria that may have infected that pig - if it was infected at all - most likely have been killed in the high heat of the roasting process.

Larry went overboard with his paranoia. His shaking and sweating over the mere thought of eating the food on his plate was really over the top. When he said (paraphrasing) "I could get diarrhea!" I knew the issue had nothing to do with him being vegetarian/vegan or religious reasons, but simply a matter of him taking a look around the family compound and deciding eating any food prepared there couldn't be "safe." (@meowwww, I don't recall Larry saying he doesn't eat meat, but I could have missed it).

Did Larry have to gobble down every bit of pork on the plate? Absolutely not. But there are ways to get around having to do that without insulting the family that spent time and considerable money to honor you with a meal. He should have eaten some of what he was given, told everyone how delicious it was, and how much he appreciated being honored with such a wonderful meal. He then could have easily "begged off" from eating the rest of it: "I would love to devour this entire portion, and go back for seconds, but I've had some tummy problems the past few days - so until that clears up, I'm trying not to overwhelm my system with too much solid food. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to prepare such a wonderful meal in my honor."

Many years ago, I was invited to a friend's house for Thanksgiving dinner. I figured there might be issues when the mother proudly told me she had gotten up at 4:00 am to put the turkey in the oven (I know how to roast a bird, and based on the size of the turkey, that was way too early by several hours). The meal was served around 2-3 pm. Anticipating there might be an issue, before being served I told the mother I have a very small appetite and asked her to please just give me very small portions of each dish - and then asked if it would be okay if I had "seconds" if I was still hungry after finishing it. When the plate was put in front of me, I said "Wow, that looks wonderful! I hope I can finish it all!" (I actually do have a very small appetite, which my friend knew - this wouldn't have worked if, for example,  I was known to scarf down a pound of pasta at a time).

When I tried the turkey, it was SO dry I literally couldn't swallow it (never had I ever had that problem before). I chewed and chewed and chewed and chewed but it simply wouldn't go down.  Even with gravy on it and even with taking a drink while I had it in my mouth. I felt terrible. I finally cut it into tiny pieces and surreptitiously pushed them underneath the other things on my plate. When I had eaten everything else to a point at which eating more would reveal the hidden turkey, I pronounced myself "full" and took my plate to the kitchen to dispose of what was left on it. Nobody was the wiser.

Now, I understand there wasn't anything BUT pork on Larry's plate, so that method wouldn't have worked for him, but the point is there is always a way to get out of eating a lot of something you simply can't eat for whatever reason if you step outside of yourself for just a moment and try to see it from your host's point of view.

For someone who claimed he needed to (paraphrasing again) give Jenny's father a chance to know him and like him, Larry failed. What he did would be a major breach of etiquette anywhere in the world, including the United States!

• Love 13
20 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Update!

Sadly, Mark was not at the bar last night.  But I did actually have an attractive 40 year old sit next to me who noticed my being there last week!  That was just an ego boost to me.  But I did learn that this bar/restaurant has a set of regulars who are there. The bartenders are really fun so it draws them in.  40 year-old Tim, who owns his construction firm, knows Mark and said he was surprised he wasn't there.  I mentioned to the bartender how much I enjoyed the ribbing of Mark on his cologne and she said something like he is a fun and sweet.  I didn't want to say too much to either about my interest in Mark!  I rather slyly made it sound like this is going to be my new hangout because I love how people seem to know everyone there --- like a Cheers type of bar!

So now the problem is going to be Tim getting in the way of Mark as I got the impression Tim might be interested..  Not a bad problem to have though!  

Play us a song! You're the piano man! LOL. Sorry, I could not resist.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, AmyBre said:

And then with the roasted pig, he really messed it up.  Larry has no manners and no idea on social graces.   Couldn't he just taste the pig?  I mean, he's been kissing that other pig (Jenny) why couldn't he eat part of the other pig?   They were right, that was highly disrespectful.   He works at a goddamned McDonalds, he's already eaten dog and cats.   Jenny should have also given Larry a heads up about the little feast they had planned for him and what was expected of him.

If I recall correctly, Larry is Jewish. So, no, he really couldn't have eaten any of the pig. And where do you get the bolded part from? McDonald's burgers are actually beef; highly processed beef, but they're still beef. So even if he eats at McDonald's, provided he's not having the McRib, then he's still not eating pork.

• Love 4

I have met the dumbest man in the US and his name is Larry.  Only Larry believes that Jenny really accidentally logged on to her filipinocupid.com account and then intelligently changed her story to say that SHE was investigating him.   Jenny is a genius and should be hired by NASA

The poverty of Jenny's family was heartbreaking.   and did Larry have to use that hand gesture of sticking one finger through the other one?

It reminded me of the same stupid gesture that Paul used to talk to Carine's father.

Larry is indeed an idiot. He cashes in his retirement to be there, but he won't eat that roasted pig. He certainly would have eaten McNuggets if they had laid those out.

When he was talking to producers, he had the dumbest, dumbest look on his face! He had NO CONCEPT of how offensive he was! He was every bit the stupid American. I thought, Jenny, you better get used to that.

Why couldn't he eat that pig? I'm sure he's eaten quite a few McRibs in his day. Maybe he only eats processed meat.

What an idiot.

I felt so bad for Jenny's family. That was not just offensive, but MEAN. They hadn't roasted a pig since Jenny was a kid. It was a slap in the face to everything they hold dear. Larry was too dumb to see it. 

What an idiot! I can't say that enough.

He's failing to win the heart of his dead-eyed girl... not that he ever would anyway.

I have a hunch that the notion of romantic love was killed in her before it had a chance to begin.

• Love 7

And then with the roasted pig, he really messed it up.  Larry has no manners and no idea on social graces.   Couldn't he just taste the pig?  I mean, he's been kissing that other pig (Jenny) why couldn't he eat part of the other pig?   They were right, that was highly disrespectful.  

that was so uncomfortable to watch....I felt so sad for her family for going all out ($$$$) to get that pig and Larry couldn't eat it.  Is Larry Jewish?  If so, that should have been stated while online.  If not, suck it up and eat it!!!  It's NOT an unusual dish...it's a roasted pig for crying out loud.  It's not like, say, somebody deep fried chicken feet and stood back to watch.  Everybody was chowin' down.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

If I recall correctly, Larry is Jewish.

I didn't realize that he was Jewish. He should have explained that instead of just sitting there with a stupid look on his face.

He had no idea of hurtful offense that he was causing by not eating that food.

He's pretty much selling his soul by marrying her in the first place so why not eat the pig? It's kind of like Mo and his halal meat.

I do get it though. He can't eat pork.

What a terrible situation! I felt so bad for Jenny and her family!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I didn't realize that he was Jewish. He should have explained that instead of just sitting there with a stupid look on his face.

He had no idea of hurtful offense that he was causing by not eating that food.

He's pretty much selling his soul by marrying her in the first place so why not eat the pig? It's kind of like Mo and his halal meat.

I do get it though. He can't eat pork.

What a terrible situation! I felt so bad for Jenny and her family!

I'm going to try to find a clip where he discussed that. I could swear it was in the first or second episode that he was in. Still, even being Jewish, I think I would have partaken of the pork because of the expense, effort, and consideration that went into getting it and turning it in that feast.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TwirlyGirly said:

When that scene began, my first thought was Larry is vegan or vegetarian, which is fine but I can't understand why that important tidbit of information would not have been something he would have communicated to Jenny already. But as the scene progressed, it became apparent to me Larry's problem was one of being scared to eat food that in his mind might have not been prepared in "sanitary conditions" and/or concern the meat itself might have been infected with parasites.

I remember watching one of those "medical mystery" shows a couple years back in which a woman had become infected with a worm that was crawling around between her skull and her scalp; apparently she had become infected by eating a pork taco bought from a street vendor in Mexico when she was on vacation.

However, in the grand scheme of things, these kinds of issues are quite rare. That pork looked VERY well-cooked to me, and chances are, any parasites or bacteria that may have infected that pig - if it was infected at all - most likely have been killed in the high heat of the roasting process.

Larry went overboard with his paranoia. His shaking and sweating over the mere thought of eating the food on his plate was really over the top. When he said (paraphrasing) "I could get diarrhea!" I knew the issue had nothing to do with him being vegetarian/vegan or religious reasons, but simply a matter of him taking a look around the family compound and deciding eating any food prepared there couldn't be "safe." (@meowwww, I don't recall Larry saying he doesn't eat meat, but I could have missed it).

You make some really good points here. I get that Larry is Jewish, but when he wasn't eating the meat, he didn't say anything about that. He talked about his intestines. I might be wrong here, but I got the impression that it was more about his physical wellbeing than his religious convictions.

And, he still didn't get that he was SO RUDE.

He's not a very bright man.

It was such a kick in the teeth to Jenny's poor family. And, Larry just didn't get it.

What's the learning curve like for this guy, anyway?

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Patrick, you don’t go jogging shirtless in Paris.

I did wonder about this.  I was in Paris exactly once, for one day, so I really have no point of reference.  But I think if somebody had been jogging shirtless (hell, jogging at all!) I would have noticed.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Basically, Mariam has a distant boyfriend and she uses Patrick for emotional support and for when she is bored. 

I don't see how it can work between the two of them. She's not going to want to leave Paris for Kentucky. And, he's not going to be able to leave his child to go live in Paris.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

Good point. Could the producers have loaned her a phone? 

We knew Paul was going to descend upon her again. He may know that she deserves better, but that's not going to stop him.

He's one sick pup.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Patrick, if you want to woo a woman, leave your old ripped up clothes from Goodwill at home. 

OMG that shirt was horrendous.   I had headaches from my eye rolls.

9 hours ago, gavinmac said:

Jenny's furious face is a lot like her regular face.

LOL.  "resting bitch face."

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

If I recall correctly, Larry is Jewish. So, no, he really couldn't have eaten any of the pig. And where do you get the bolded part from? McDonald's burgers are actually beef; highly processed beef, but they're still beef. So even if he eats at McDonald's, provided he's not having the McRib, then he's still not eating pork.

I thought Larry was Italian-American?  Isn't his last name, Pileggi, or something similar?  I tried to do a Google but had no luck finding his surname.

If he's Jewish, then of course he shouldn't be criticized for refusing the lechon.  But for godssake, why not just say that?  Be gracious and grateful to your hosts, but explain that your religion prohibits the meat.

When he "spoke" with Jenny, he at no time mentioned his faith; and in his talking heads, he mentioned his avoidance of "exotic" foods and his concerns over intestinal distress. Nothing at all about a religious objection.

If it's true that Larry is Jewish, is he concealing that fact from Jen and her family?  Why?  Not a great way to start a marriage.

• Love 6