Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:08 PM, magemaud said:

I'm confused because there were so many very brief "ring shots" from Darcey, but maybe the one she showed her daughters was the one she had bought for herself? Maybe she liked it better than his? 

When Jesse was putting the ring on Darcey's finger, he seemed to lean over and bite down on it to get it to fit.  Perhaps came out of a vending machine.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, booboopbedoo said:

He scares me and I know we will read about him one day. The way he looked at her and when they were walking to the car. She will be punished.

Here's a scary photo.  Not the least of which is there cannot be room for the middle part of her body behind his.  

9063CCF6-4202-47C9-8D33-159BE7F07D1D.jpeg

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Here's a scary photo.  Not the least of which is there cannot be room for the middle part of her body behind his.  

I couldn't figure out WHAT was deformed about it... you are so right.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Chalby said:

Not at all - re: Patrick's mother. She's as delusional as her son. Myriam was the only one who I felt may have a shred of honesty. I also thought she was attractive because she didn't have to pile on makeup to go to the gym. She was in a weird situation, but had already committed to the show after Patrick talked her into it. We know that it was never going to be a relationship. But Patrick is his mother - and they both need medication.

I'm still not sure about the mother because she's reacting to whatever b-s Patrick told her - or didn't tell her. 

He gave himself away in one scene (two or three episodes ago) when he said he went to Paris "on faith" that things would go well with him and Myriam.  From that comment coupled with Myriam's side of the story it seems she never did profess any romantic interest in him.  Patrick's trip to France was based on his own starry-eyed delusions.   

Edited by StayingAfterSunday
  • Love 3

Patrick, as I understand it, had no starry-eyed dreams about Miriam. He is an actor who got a chance to do this. A couple of days before he went he "announced" to Miriam that he was coming and that they would be filmed. Both of them knew what was up from the start. It's amazing the things the Facebook groups find out.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, StayingAfterSunday said:

I'm still not sure about the mother because she's reacting to whatever b-s Patrick told her - or didn't tell her. 

We'll never know what Patrick told her, but we do know she chose to act like a low-class loudmouth on TV.  

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:

Patrick, as I understand it, had no starry-eyed dreams about Miriam. He is an actor who got a chance to do this. A couple of days before he went he "announced" to Miriam that he was coming and that they would be filmed. Both of them knew what was up from the start. It's amazing the things the Facebook groups find out.

Well, what do you know....   Not surprised at all. (and you're so right about where to go for the real dirt).

This info. makes me despite both Patrick and his mother.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sprockets said:

I think the picture is a publicity shot for her H of 11 line, meant to portray him as her Dutch Knight in Shining Armor, who scooped her up in his arms and rescued her after she broke her heel.  Her lack of a full sized body makes him appear even more Hulk-like. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 10/31/2017 at 1:08 PM, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Call me KraZy, but a 6'4" tall blonde dude in the Netherlands would be not be that big of a deal, so why would Jesse's step dad be practically going gay over his step son's stature and perceived attractiveness (women throwing panties at him) unless they want to get their son into the entertainment world as more than just a random underwear model.

Darcy seems to be on her own unseen shock-clock to remarry and procreate.  She'll likely need to have medical intervention to conceive now as the same if she waited a few years.  Why she feels Jesse is her only option is bizarre.

so Jesse can pick up those panties off the street and send them to Abby to sell. Nice!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Dobian said:

She's not going to sell those in Haiti, there's no market there, it's a dirt poor third world country.  But DR is a vacation destination with lots of prostitutes, like her, and she used Sean to double her supply.  She is a lying monster because she presented Chris as her ex who she is just friends with when that is clearly not the case.  He finances her prostitution and panty sales, and she sleeps with him when he's in town.  She was never made to lie by Chris, she is a naturally scheming, dishonest individual, and does a poor job of concealing it.

I agree with you that her being the DR puts her back right in the thick of the hooker scene. I'm confused about whether she had the clothing "business" with Chris before she met Sean. In the next to last episode, she tells Sean she will no longer be friends with Chris but will have  a business relationship, and Sean asks what business, and she says clothes, the same as I'm doing with you.  I got the feeling that it was a spontaneous last minute thing to be Chris "business partner" as a way to get around Sean's directive to end things with Chris.

I figured she was just using it as a cover so she could stay in touch with Chris, and when Sean asks why she's texting Chris day and night, she can say "clothing business, supporting my family, don't be jealous blah blah"

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Dobian said:

he provides her with a nice condo and lingerie as part of their "business" arrangement.

I believe you. I bet he writes off his "employee," "office," products, transpo, and other "business expenses." I hope the federal and state revenue depts. gets him for at least partial-year residency. I wonder if there is a Mrs. Chris and what she thinks of all this, not to mention his neighbors, career contacts, etc. Local major media should get on this. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

I believe you. I bet he writes off his "employee," "office," products, transpo, and other "business expenses." I hope the federal and state revenue depts. gets him for at least partial-year residency. I wonder if there is a Mrs. Chris and what she thinks of all this, not to mention his neighbors, career contacts, etc. Local major media should get on this. 

Abby is of age, so unless he’s running an international prostitution ring, the feds probably won’t do anything.  They could make life uncomfortable for him, but depending on extradition laws and the like, they might not be able to do anything.

• Love 1
On 10/29/2017 at 11:41 PM, bravofan27 said:

Darcy actually seems pretty sweet. She put up with a lot while she was there. She wants to look cute and pretty, which isn't unheard of. Her style is a little different than mine, but she does put in a lot effort. For that I give her kuddos, as even when my husband and I first started dating, I only dressed up once (I even wore heels) for his birthday. Because I'm lazy and don't care how I look, which is pretty pathetic. Thank god my husband liked my eyes. She just really really wants the relationship to work and is incredibly lonely. Her kids are getting older, her ex is way gone, and she needs a purpose. She poured her heart out as well, and that takes guts. I hope she finds true love. 

While I get your point, I think Darcey is confused about her identity. She says she's "very independent," which I am sure she is- she has a business and is raising her girls- but the submissiveness she shows towards Jesse along with the babyish voice and squealing, the "awwww, Babe!" which she utters time and time again, and the Forever 21 dress code she's subscribed to all scream insecurity and dependence on approval from others.  Jesse, at this point, is becoming scary- he manipulates her and controls her and after berating her he then comforts her.  I keep thinking of the movie "Gaslight."

• Love 6
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

the submissiveness she shows towards Jesse along with the babyish voice and squealing, the "awwww, Babe!" which she utters time and time again, and the Forever 21 dress code she's subscribed to all scream insecurity

Those things all scream "I'm a sub."  

15 hours ago, Sprockets said:

Not only scary, but you'd think if Darcy/Jesse (all of the above) were using this for "promotional purposes", either for H of 11 or themselves, they'd get someone who knows how to use Photoshop.  Unless Jesse's overbearing personality has literally "shrunk"Darcy, once again we've got another odd picture of her and her so-called model (use this term loosely) Jesse.  The janky broken boot, uneven skin tone on Jesse (unless they ran out of spray tan halfway up his back), not to mention his pockmarked face are all things that should/could have been "fixed" prior to going to Instagram with this.   

Tacky, tacky.......but do we expect anything more from this pair?

Edited by zoemom
  • Love 4

Katehearts, your puppy is adorable. I love him/her.

Yes, obviously Darcy is super insecure, and she is acting like a much younger woman, but she's also setting herself up for some massive insecurity by dating a 24 year-old model. She's got to have a LITTLE bit of confidence to go for that and hope it works. I'd take one look at Jesse and wouldn't even try to get him-- even though he's super flawed and not the best looking guy in the world, he's certainly out of my league. So it goes both ways, she has the confidence to go for him, but she also brings up all the realities of her true age which make her insecure. Still, she's not moping about it. She's determined to make it happen. I'm just trying to find the positive spin in this, because I don't think Darcy gets the credit she deserves (she certainly is not lacking for criticism.)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:
1 hour ago, GoGamecox said:

I wonder if Darcey is trying to channel Mariah Carey as her style icon? 

And Mariah is known to like her younger men, too - although she does date old guys if they're really rich.

Yes -- she gives me a distinct Mariah wanna-be vibe in that outfit on the couch, and I can see her trying to emulate other facets of her life, too.

It's kind of sad when women are trying so, so hard like that to be loved and to be attractive to others, between the spray tans, hair extensions, fillers, Botox, make up, ridiculous shoes, etc. To me, she was most beautiful in the filming when she was without a lot of makeup. Seeing her trying so hard for that manipulative jerk is tragic. She's not the kind of chick I would have as a BFF, but some guy will really dig her as is. Just not Jesse. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, zoemom said:

Not only scary, but you'd think if Darcy/Jesse (all of the above) were using this for "promotional purposes", either for H of 11 or themselves, they'd get someone who knows how to use Photoshop.  

once again we've got another odd picture of her and her so-called model (use this term loosely) Jesse.  The janky broken boot, uneven skin tone on Jesse (unless they ran out of spray tan halfway up his back), not to mention his pockmarked face are all things that should/could have been "fixed" prior to going to Instagram with this.   

Tacky, tacky.......but do we expect anything more from this pair?

Someone needs to tie Jesse down (we know he'd probably even enjoy it!) bust out the sand blaster and begin some heavy micro-dermabrasion on his face. It's just AWFUL. It was one of the first things I noticed the minute I saw him on TV (because draping your mop top on the left side of your face will not call attention to it and will also definitely hide that problem) and I still can't stop staring. I'm not "acne scar shaming" anyone, but if you want your face to be in the public as much as it is, then wouldn't you fix your face with treatment from a few quick visits to the dermatologist? I'm pretty sure Darcy's docs would hook Jesse up since she probably put all of their kids through college by now!

• Love 3

Myriam did nothing wrong here, except maybe being too considerate of aly for allowing that happity ass Patrick into her country in the first place.   Maybe her flaw is that she was too polite to tell an internet friend to cut the shit before it became a problem.   

Myriam admitted on the tell all Patrick told her 2 weeks before he came that he had romantic feelings for her. She continued to face time, flirt,etc before he got there and of course, didn't tell him she had a boyfriend. Then when he got there she sent him continual mixed messages, "you are the kind of man I've always dreamed of " " but I have a Muslim boyfriend", yadayada. She totally played him unfairly. While I think his mom could have cooled her jets and come off classier, I agreed with her assessment of Myriam, lying player. That being said Myriam is very young and seems to be trying to honor her parents wishes by dating a Muslim. She doesn' t really know her own mind yet and that's what Patrick sees and is hoping, once she does, he'll be the guy

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Bridget said:

I think the DSM-5 book he owns probably told him it does!

The few Dutch people I've known are not into appearance as much as many people are in the US and some other countries. Overall it seems a more "natural" and less materialistic culture--for example, J said early on he didn't like makeup on D. I also think that there are some male stars whose acne scars contribute both to "ruggedness" and maybe being more relatable for the average Joe or Jane. Examples include Tommy Lee Jones, Ray Liotta, James Woods, Brad Pitt, Robert Redford (although his are from sun damage, not acne, I just had to get ol' Bob, my elderly Mom's crush for decades, in there). Female stars have them too. It seems like dermatologists' procedures and makeup have all improved, but if the person doesn't want 'em, there you are. I'm sure they're expensive too, not provided under most health plans or under national health care in his country, and he's not rolling in dough (at least yet, right)? They are really noticeable though with his light hair, skin, and eyes.  

So, a weekend coming up with no new episodes of this. Is that good or bad? At least I'll get more es-sleeeep. 

• Love 4
On 10/31/2017 at 3:42 PM, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

What is Chris getting out of importing goods for Abby to sell off to support her family?  

he's getting laid.

As for Darcey and Jesse- something has died in her.  Think back to her time in Amsterdam, all the "awww, BABE!" and squealing and girlish infatuation.  Now she looks better, she has calmed down and maybe the rose-colored glasses are off.  Or, another possibility is that he has worn her self-esteem down so much that the internal monologue is, "I drank too much; I disappointed him again; I need to make him proud of me (why did he say that when giving her the windmill appreciation ring? Was it her job to make him proud?)" and now she's just a beaten down, sad woman who's given up on love.

Courtney was in instant irritation with her vapid expression (most of the times, her face reflected "I have no idea what you are talking about...") along with the too-frequent braying laugh at weird times.  I have no idea why Antonio continues to talk to her "every day" when he's finally gotten her out of his Ikea display closet and has time to model and not be exposed to her sobbing and whining.  Oh, right- he gets to be on TV.

• Love 7
On 11/3/2017 at 7:15 AM, Sprockets said:

Those things all scream "I'm a sub."  

She did not chose her master very wisely. He is so boring. That would explain why he is interested in some so much older and rough looking. Not everyone is into the kink. 

• Love 1
On 03/11/2017 at 3:13 AM, KateHearts said:

She wants to look cute

I don't think women of a certain age look cute. Classy,refined and age appropriate should be what she strives for.

18 hours ago, KateHearts said:

donated thong underwear? <shudder>

Value Village! Major Thrift Store up her sells undies and they may or may not be used. 

I just started getting itchy and threw up in my mouth a little bit 

12 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Was it her job to make him proud?)"

This bothered me so much as well. Him saying he's proud, & that she's come so far or something like that - as if he's working to 'improve' her. The two of them are pretty sick together.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

This bothered me so much as well. Him saying he's proud, & that she's come so far or something like that - as if he's working to 'improve' her. The two of them are pretty sick together.

How patronizing he is never ceases to rankle me.

• Love 4
On 10/31/2017 at 10:27 AM, Mr. Minor said:

Sean is a cuckolded, skeevy, loser piece of shit. I hope Scabby gets all she can from his dumbass. 

Sean is a prime example of “Be careful what you wish for.”  He wanted a MFM relationship — except he wanted to be the one with the power and control.

• Love 5
On 11/2/2017 at 11:01 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Classic "mutton dressed as lamb". We've all seen Darcey a thousand times on "What Not to Wear", right? "I don't want to look old!" She needs to have her hand held very firmly by Stacy and Clinton and shown that she can look stylish, even trendy, and not look like a teenager headed to the mall.

I miss that show and enjoyed the celebrity make overs. If they ever reprised the celeb editions then RHONY's Carole Radziwill should be at the top of their list: a slouchy tweenager trapped in a middle aged woman's body.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

If they ever reprised the celeb editions then RHONY's Carole Radziwill should be at the top of their list: a slouchy tweenager trapped in a middle aged woman's body.

Really? I read her book (What Remains, and I recommend it). I really liked her based on that, then I found out she was great friends with the utterly repellent Andy Cohen. Shudder.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Really? I read her book (What Remains, and I recommend it). I really liked her based on that, then I found out she was great friends with the utterly repellent Andy Cohen. Shudder.

I guess you don't watch RHONY. She is utterly insufferable, she plays like she's cool but she's not, she's conceited, judgmental, tattletale and a mean girl especially with Bethenny. She got called out for What Remains being ghostwritten and her reaction was over the top crazy (grabbed one legged Aviva's face on a flight of stairs) and made everyone think there was truth to the rumor by her behavior. 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Wow, really?? Yikes. I almost started watching because I'd liked her book. Glad I didn't!

You should watch RHONY, it's fun. Some people love Carole, some people loather her. She comes on as "I'm an above it all observer" but gets down and dirty real fast just like the rest of them just in a more quiet, low key way and she gets other people to do her dirty work. And she's more ridiculous than most (to me anyway) because of her lofty pretensions and over inflated ego. She goes from "serious writer" one season, then the next she's a Carrie Bradshaw wannabe then the next season she's an aging hipster mean girl riding on her bf's handlebars like she's 14.

• Love 1
On September 24, 2017 at 9:51 PM, keetmommy said:

Darcey RUN!!! The abuse will only get worse...

Watching this episode now.  What abuse?  Darcy was drunk and stupid and he could tell she was soused.  He could tell that she was drunk.  She seeing a bad side of him?  Sounds like he was seeing a sloppy, drunken idiot.  Maybe if someone had sat Darcey down and told her the truth, she wouldn't be over there looking like a fool.  It's not that she just wants a Dutch lover, she wants to get MARRIED and to me, that makes zero sense.  

Abby could do a lot worse than Sean.  She could find some idiot young guy who'll get her pregnant and bail.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1
On October 15, 2017 at 9:30 PM, Cherrio said:

Jesse is swept away, round and round he goes, while Darcy finds a fun place to have a drink.

And then Darcy blacks out drunk, wakes up naked and doesn't remember what happened or where she is.  

Not pretty right?  

Neither is a drunk.

• Love 3