Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/17/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

All they have up on the site for this week is what will be happening on Monday. The lineup for Tuesday - Friday came from U-verse's online guide so things could change.

Monday:

Day of Hot Topics; "View Your Deal" with Jackie Miranne

Tuesday:

Director Kyra Sedgwick from "Story of a Girl"; actress Allison Williams.

Wednesday:
"The Political View" with Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.); "Descendants 2" director Kenny Ortega.

Thursday:
Actress Issa Rae from "Insecure"; actors Gemma Hoskins and Abbie Schaub from "The Keepers."

Friday:
"Girls Trip" stars Jada Pinkett Smith, Queen Latifah, Regina Hall and Tiffany Haddish.

• Love 2
(edited)

After a week of Hot Topics, Monday is a day of Hot Topics.  Someone from the show should start hiring people from local Karaoke bars or subway singers so they can have guests again.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 4

I looked to see if they had anything more listed for the week besides Monday yet. They do not. This description was entertaining, though:

The View is ABC Daytime's morning chatfest, featuring Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Paula Faris, Sara Haines, Sunny Hostin and Jedediah Bila discussing the most exciting events of the day. Hot topics in the news, the best experts in their field, celebrity interviews and general entertainment are all part of The View, now in its 20th season on ABC.

27 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm not superstitious, but today's date 7/17/17 MUST mean something!!!  LOL.

Palindrome week! 7/10/17 to 7/19/17.

So instead of a guest we get a 10 minute commercial for Hefty bags. Great. 

Sarah is kind of on thin ice with her "buy American cars" thing. I've had arguments that my Honda is more American than most GM or Ford cars. 

Jed didn't annoy me today.

• Love 4

I didn't know Whoopi had been given a Disney Legend award this weekend. I know I'd read Oprah got one (when I was watching the Wrinkle in Time trailer). The uncharitable part of me almost wonders if Whoopi reached out to Disney and asked for the award when she'd heard Oprah was in line to receive one.

Poor Steve! (As Paula would say.) Well, everybody forgets things sometimes. Hopefully he and Joy'll make up.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I didn't know Whoopi had been given a Disney Legend award this weekend. I know I'd read Oprah got one (when I was watching the Wrinkle in Time trailer). The uncharitable part of me almost wonders if Whoopi reached out to Disney and asked for the award when she'd heard Oprah was in line to receive one.

Poor Steve! (As Paula would say.) Well, everybody forgets things sometimes. Hopefully he and Joy'll make up.

What happened to Joy and Steve?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

When does Jed take ever a vacation? She always annoys me, she is always there, seriously, when does she ever take time off? 

I can't remember the last time I didn't wonder that about her.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, rcc said:

What happened to Joy and Steve?

She forgot his birthday on the day. She was at a writing weekend event. She had bought him cards just forgot about on the day. She then tried to pawn off the new puppy as his gift.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

She forgot his birthday on the day. She was at a writing weekend event. She had bought him cards just forgot about on the day. She then tried to pawn off the new puppy as his gift.  

My husband forgot our anniversary for the first time, and it was our 35th!

• Love 4

I was at the D23 Legends Presentation. They always announce a surprise legend and this year Whoopi was it. Bob Iger said they had been trying to get her for years and the stars finally aligned this year. Watching her highlight video she really is a superstar Disney person, she crosses many Disney entities. It appears that she has a true friendship with Bob too. She gave a heartfelt speech about what Disney means to her. - many people left when it was evident that she was the next legend. She was after Carrie Fisher (sad) and mark Hamill (love him) so maybe they left because they saw who they wanted to see?  I know my friends left for that treason and because they wanted to get wristbands for the Animation panel. 

• Love 5

Despite Jed's claims she's not a Republican, the way she continues to forcefully defend that hateful, harmful bill makes me think, she believes women wanting to have children should be forced to pay additional, higher insurance premiums to include maternity care & pediatric visits to their policies; she thinks it's a good idea, allowing insurance companies to cap medical treatments to premature infants, cancer patients or anyone being treated for traumatic injuries & agrees insurance companies have the right to deny coverage to people with pre-existing conditions; she sure sounds like a dyed-in-the-wool member of the GOP to me.  IMO, her defense of everything Trump & the Republicans say & do is way beyond annoying.

• Love 12

Wow, I hadn’t heard about that Republican senator wishing death on McCain. Deplorable.

Seemed like Jedilyingliarwholies was grateful Whoopi started her incomprehensible bloviating at the end of the healthcare discussion because Joy and Sunny were handing her her ass.

• Love 9

If Jedi doesn't want people to think that she or her ilk don't care about people, then they need to quit their actions that prove that statement to be true.  For someone who says she is not a Republican, she sure does a lot of caping for them.

• Love 12

Jedimindtrick is a hypocrite. She throws a tantrum about Joy saying "republicans" and not some republicans and name check those who opposed the bill(many wanting a bill that is equally bad) but she herself says "democrats" without qualifying. She irks my nerves. Of course she wrote in Rand Paul. Of course she did. She gets her panties in a twist a lot when republicans are blamed for some who claims not to be one.

• Love 14
(edited)

After watching yesterday's show, I came up with what i thought was a brilliant idea : Whoopi's diatribes would feature a closed-caption translation (to NORMAL English) of what she is trying to say. My idea was completely destroyed when i realized i that there is probably no one who could possibly translate her rants.

Edited by pachebo
clarification (ironic)
  • Love 5

^ Ain't that the truth!

Good grief, Jed uses Rand Paul as an example of a compassionate Republican who cares enough to vote no on Trumpcare?  He was going to vote no because he thinks it's too liberal and wants government out of healthcare completely, not because it was going to cause hardship for anyone. (I guess that's a compassionate Libertarian for ya.)

• Love 15

Not to me, they look like women who can't be bothered with dealing with someone so profoundly ignorant.  Remember, this is the woman that was sure Bill Cosby was innocent because he wasn't in jail.  She also thought the White House Daily Press Briefing was in the constitution.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

^ Ain't that the truth!

Good grief, Jed uses Rand Paul as an example of a compassionate Republican who cares enough to vote no on Trumpcare?  He was going to vote no because he thinks it's too liberal and wants government out of healthcare completely, not because it was going to cause hardship for anyone. (I guess that's a compassionate Libertarian for ya.)

So he was the other one who thought it was too liberal. Cruz was the one I knew about. Y'all know that I am a walking, talking pre-existing condition, and I wouldn't wish what I've been through these past three years on anyone, but did Jedifoxbot have an answer what she would do IF she ever procreated and needed maternity leave? She ain't no Spring Chicken, so recovery would take some time. Or what if she got sick? Cancer? Would she still agree with these assholes? None of them care because they have insurance.

5 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

When Whoopi continues to bring up the idea that she should reimbursed for her healthcare premiums when she doesn't get sick and no one on the panel calls her out for it, they all look like morons.

Oh GOOD GRIEF. Is she also demanding refunds from her auto insurance because she's never been in a car accident? Or her Life Insurance (if she has one)because she's still alive? ????????

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Readalot said:

I was at the D23 Legends Presentation. They always announce a surprise legend and this year Whoopi was it. Bob Iger said they had been trying to get her for years and the stars finally aligned this year. Watching her highlight video she really is a superstar Disney person, she crosses many Disney entities. It appears that she has a true friendship with Bob too. She gave a heartfelt speech about what Disney means to her. - many people left when it was evident that she was the next legend. She was after Carrie Fisher (sad) and mark Hamill (love him) so maybe they left because they saw who they wanted to see?  I know my friends left for that treason and because they wanted to get wristbands for the Animation panel. 

Hmmm ... True friendship with Bob Iger.

That explains why the EGOT is still on this show and why the other women are uneasy when she goes off on her diatribes. Damn woman!

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

When Whoopi continues to bring up the idea that she should reimbursed for her healthcare premiums when she doesn't get sick and no one on the panel calls her out for it, they all look like morons.

Why bother? Whoopie is an ignoramus blowhard.   She would bite their heads off, if they tried to inform her about  how insurance works.     Whoopie would start attacking people who dare defy her wisdom.  It would create a toxic atmosphere. Remember how badly she treated Paula for challenging her.  I used to take a perverse pleasure seeing Whoopie lose her shit over Paula.  Plus, look at how the ladies enjoy one another when she is not there on Fridays..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 13

Whoops needs to stop all her insurance for everything, and save her money for that just-in-case,  multi-million dollar accident or illness, or fire, or car accident. Then YOU GOT YOUR PAYBACK.... NOT.  

Quit your bitchin' .  

• Love 8
(edited)

OH.MY.GOD. The idiocy of Jedifoxbot was unbelievable!! Aside from not even knowing WHY Rand was against this piece of shit legislation, the ONLY reasons why the four or five Republicans who voted against it did so because their constituents have been bombarding them with phone calls, demanding answers (as they should) of those that actually held town hall meetings to not pass it.  But it's not because they care about them or us, the people-they care because midterms are next year and they don't want to be voted out. So Jedifoxbot can do some FUCKING RESEARCH before she talks out of her ASS about something she knows NOTHING about.???

And as if these women coming to agreement will make the asshole politicians in power "See the error of their ways."?????

If so many in power care, then this piece of shit would never have passed the House. Thanks to the PEOPLE that it crashed and burned. 

And SHUT UP, Whoopi. You pay for insurance not so you're covered for when you're really sick, but for regular check ups, lab work, etc. What needs to happen is coming down hard on the INSURANCE CARRIERS, and stop them from jacking up premiums and make it more competitive. I feel like a broken record. But they keep repeating the same ignorance and I keep getting all het up!!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh GOOD GRIEF. Is she also demanding refunds from her auto insurance because she's never been in a car accident? Or her Life Insurance (if she has one)because she's still alive? ????????

Allstate auto insurance does give its customers a partial refund for being accident free.  So that wouldn't be so far fetched.      

2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Remember how badly she treated Paula for challenging her.  I used to take a perverse pleasure seeing Whoopi lose her shit over Paula.  Plus, look at how the ladies enjoy one another when she is not there on Fridays..

I really hated these times.  I like Paula a lot.  The way Whoopi treated her was horrible.  I had to stop watching when things got too heated.  Whoopi can be fun and good for the show but get on her bad sad and there's hell to pay. 

• Love 4

this probably belongs on last weeks' thread, but it's semi whoopster related to this week's insanity. Paula was simply GREAT as moderator on Friday's show... she didn't have her mouth full of food, misread the prompter and giggle over the topic as if she couldn't be bothered.  No tired old "voices", no eyerolling, no shouting "wekom back".Nor did she need to have the final word before going to break. Real class, as opposed to "really crass"

• Love 10
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Is she also demanding refunds from her auto insurance because she's never been in a car accident?

Didn't her tour bus blow up and/or burn not too long ago? I'm sure if she totalled up what her insurance paid for the loss, compared to what she's paid in, she'd come out ahead. That is where premium money goes, Whoopi, paid by people who don't file claims.

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, pachebo said:

this probably belongs on last weeks' thread, but it's semi whoopster related to this week's insanity. Paula was simply GREAT as moderator on Friday's show... she didn't have her mouth full of food, misread the prompter and giggle over the topic as if she couldn't be bothered.  No tired old "voices", no eyerolling, no shouting "wekom back".Nor did she need to have the final word before going to break. Real class, as opposed to "really crass"

I cosign to everything you said.  And don't forget there was no "Welcome to The View, Welcome to The View" 15 times.  That's always a good thing on Fridays.   

• Love 8
1 hour ago, A.J. said:

Allstate auto insurance does give its customers a partial refund for being accident free.  So that wouldn't be so far fetched.     

But Accident Forgiveness isn't available in all states. That's the problem.

• Love 1
(edited)

I absolutely hate that "Welcome to the View" repeated 15 times crap.  I also hate the "enjoy whatever view you happen upon" too, but, not as much. I guess because she only says it once.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I absolutely hate that "Welcome to the View" repeated 15 times crap.  I also hate the "enjoy whatever view you happen upon" too, but, not as much. I guess because she only says it once.

If the camera ever catches Joy's reaction to what you said, I think she agrees x 10.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I guess she doesn't realize that even though she's a "healthy cow" (her words), she could have a brain tumor tomorrow or need a liver transplant or extended chemo in the future. Does she think her insurance premiums through the years would cover a very serious illness along with expensive medications? When would she like her refund from the insurance company? She should quit this stupid line of reasoning and thank her lucky stars that she has been healthy. I don't mind at all that my insurance premiums may go toward helping someone that needs expensive medical care. That's the way insurance is supposed to work.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I actually hate "enjoy whatever view you happen upon" more because a) it takes away the double meaning of "take a little time to enjoy the view" and b) it feels like a mean-spirited dig at Barbara who used the original ending.

• Love 15

I don't watch GoT, but thought the discussion about Ed Sheeran's GoT chameo was a lot of fun. Sara was hilarious with her head-turn Sheeran impression and everyone seemed very laid back during the discussion. It was nice to see the panel laughing when Sara rang the end-of-conversation bell...it's not often when they come off as people who actually like each other.

• Love 5

So Jed flipped a coin and decided today was a "defend Trump" day.  And she pulled out the "some people say" a couple times when talking to Bernie. Her pearl clutching about Dems saying people will die (oh, the rhetoric!) makes me wonder if she remembers "death panels."

• Love 16

I agree, I find the "Whatever View you happen upon" worse because it started back when got irritated she wasn't in control of the show and it's her little way of taking over. Plus it sounds incredibly stupid.

I groaned when I saw Bernie was going to be on today, but he wasn't so bad. I'm glad Bernie didn't take Jedilyingliarwholies' bait when she tried to defend Trump by equating the DNC with Russia (and this was after she spent hot topics trying to downplay Trump's hour-long talk with Putin as not even worthy of being discussed). She is so fake and disgusting. Bernie's refusal to play along with her bullshit clearly pissed her off because the next question she asked him about healthcare, she was hateful as all hell. I'm glad he refused to back down to this p.o.s. on the Republicans being responsible for people's deaths with their actions.

• Love 14
50 minutes ago, Haleth said:

So Jed flipped a coin and decided today was a "defend Trump" day.  And she pulled out the "some people say" a couple times when talking to Bernie. Her pearl clutching about Dems saying people will die (oh, the rhetoric!) makes me wonder if she remembers "death panels."

???????

• Love 5
4 hours ago, buffynut said:

I actually hate "enjoy whatever view you happen upon" more because a) it takes away the double meaning of "take a little time to enjoy the view" and b) it feels like a mean-spirited dig at Barbara who used the original ending.

When she says that, I can't help but think "Sure, like if you 'happen upon' a bloody car wreck!!!" Oh, wait, but that is this show....

• Love 5
5 hours ago, buffynut said:

Its too bad its a morning show, unless you dvr for later.  But it all makes for a great drinking game hah.  ssssssshiat, I would be drunk by the last welcome :)  tried it with coffee but didnt work so well

• Love 2
(edited)

1-Sara, Lord of the Rings is not "sci fi" (I hate that term), it's fantasy.

2-Whoopie, saying that Ed Sheeran is just "another white guy in the woods" is as racist as saying all black people look alike.

3-Jedidiah, nobody believes that you really believe that Trump and Putin were just schmoozing for an hour with no US government representatives there.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 13

Omygosh, stop trying to make LEGOT-not-just-an-EGOT a thing!

And the director from The Descendants that "only wanted to work with Whoopi"....please! I don't even think her voiceover was very convincing. But maybe I'm just biased against Whoopi.

Who can I call and ask if I can be in their show because "I'm a really big fan"?

• Love 3
On 19/07/2017 at 1:21 AM, Kenz said:

I don't mind at all that my insurance premiums may go toward helping someone that needs expensive medical care. That's the way insurance is supposed to work.

Yeah - I thought that was the whole point!  Is that too socialist?  

19 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I groaned when I saw Bernie was going to be on today, but he wasn't so bad.

I'm not a  huge Bernie fan, not sure he's great presidential material.  Overall, a lot better than the current one.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Still watching... but Jedi is making me reconsider......I cannot stand her.

Barely watching... and Jedi is the reason I end up turning it off after a few minutes ... also cannot stand her.  

• Love 1

I know Joy can do no wrong, but, I wish she had put her hatred of Trump aside for 3 minutes to give John McCain due respect instead of immediately bringing it back to other Senators needing to step up to defeat Trump's agenda.  Let the slamming begin.

• Love 6

I'm not sure what Jedifoxbot was trying to prove yesterday when she was questioning Sanders. When he called her out on using rhetoric when saying what she did about the DNC pushing him out, she mumbled how she had a quote. Yeah? Then why didn't she say "So and so said this" instead of couching it the way she did?

Also, if there were as many as caring Republicans in Congress, as she maintains who care about the people and not just the wealthy and lobbyists, then SURE AS FUCK that piece of shit legislation would never have passed the House two months ago.  And if the only "caring" Republicans are in the Senate, then THEIR version of that piece of shit would have died, crashed and burned with a BIGGER margin than the very close margin it did. So she can just STFU.

And Sara can just shut up and stop pouting. I watch Game of Thrones, and Ed Sheeran's cameo didn't take me out of the scene. The fact that I don't even know who he is, is beside the point. And no Whoopi-his being cast wasn't because he wanted to be in it-I believe Maise Williams, who plays Arya Stark, is a fan, and requested him. Hey, that's what I read in the Game of Thrones thread!?And I'll believe the posters there over Whoopi!

And just STAHP with the sucking up and ass kissing of Whoopi already, Sara!! I don't know why she continues to do it.

• Love 7