Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/17/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

17 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Sara can just shut up and stop pouting. I watch Game of Thrones, and Ed Sheeran's cameo didn't take me out of the scene. The fact that I don't even know who he is, is beside the point.

I think Sara was trying to be funny with her displeasure. 

A lot of celebrities show up in cameos - doesn't particularly bother me.  Ed was on there for 20 seconds, but then I'm not a fan of "Game of Thrones" or Ed Sheeran, so what do I know.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Sara can just shut up and stop pouting. I watch Game of Thrones, and Ed Sheeran's cameo didn't take me out of the scene. The fact that I don't even know who he is, is beside the point.

Seriously, it didn't take me out of the scene when Diana Rigg or Charles Dance popped up either.  If this is what you take time to complain about (I'm looking at you Sarah!) then life must be damned good!

• Love 2

I haven't watched all the shows this week, but I think it was Monday, two of them women were wearing that new style of "Bell Sleeves"  that I find puzzling.  I would think they would get in the way when writing, typing, driving, eating.   It seems like a very impractical choice, and I hate when they all seem to embrace a fashion trend like that.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, backformore said:

I haven't watched all the shows this week, but I think it was Monday, two of them women were wearing that new style of "Bell Sleeves"  that I find puzzling.  I would think they would get in the way when writing, typing, driving, eating.   It seems like a very impractical choice, and I hate when they all seem to embrace a fashion trend like that.

I hate the trend that some men are embracing, in wearing brown shoes with everything, even, when the color clashes...lol

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I hate the trend that some men are embracing, in wearing brown shoes with everything, even, when the color clashes...lol

It's not just men.  I see women wear black shoes with everything.  Which is a cardinal sin to me.  Shoes must match the outfit.

• Love 4

The guest from the Netflix documentary were interesting.  One of them was a little better and making her point quickly which you need to do on these shows.   I am sure the lady was just nervous.  

ITA the topic of Johnmccain should have just focused on him.  I am not a big Trump fan either but not everything has to be about him. 

I have family members who did that with the last administration.  Found it annoying then and annoying now.  

• Love 1

Thursday's show was pleasant, and I think it was because Jedidiah didn't go on a huge rant. Things to be thankful for! She has made the show even more unpleasant for me than Whoopi, which is a feat indeed. I was appalled -- appalled, I say! -- that Jedidiah went off on Sen. Sanders in her awful, loud, rapid-fire donttakeabreath confrontational manner. Apparently she learned well at Fox News that there can be no civil disagreements, it must always be full-out war. I find it very tedious to watch.

• Love 9

I thought for sure one of them would mention during the McCain story the topic they had discussed just two days ago about some Republican committee woman wishing he would die.

The guests were great today. The story about the nun was absolutely horrifying.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Thank you, thank you - I loathe brown shoes.

2 hours ago, tribeca said:

The guest from the Netflix documentary were interesting.  One of them was a little better and making her point quickly which you need to do on these shows.   I am sure the lady was just nervous.  

I watched the doc and it's fantastic. In it, they discuss how Gemma (the better one on-cam) is an extrovert and the other is an introvert and how they investigated the murder by playing to their strengths.

• Love 1

I'm just now watching yesterdays on demand ( OJ parole) and Whoopi's would not let it drop about the wax figure/ face of Beonyce. They measure your its your face ?!!  Your hair can be different or you moved around and danced  but it's your face because they measures it. No it diddnt look like her ... Fail. 

I am wondering what Whoopi's take on OJ will be. That he's a bonehead? Wrote 2 seconds too soon. She was silent till the end. Think I can guess what her take is.... She probably had him babysit her kid and he's a good guy. 

• Love 3

Joy and the panel discussed OJ today and the fact that some people are glad he's out. Paula says he was a football star. Sunny says he was a black football star. The other day as guest host Caitlyn said OJ said he could kill Nicole and get away with it because he's OJ.

People admire sports stars, actors, politicians. It makes no difference if they are horrible people. Let's see what Whoopi has to say about it all on Monday.

Sunny complaining that she picks up after everybody at home. Now she wants an apology from her husband and admits she will never get it. Sunny is not the queen of her castle that's for sure. I didn't get what Paula said to her just before the break. Did anyone catch it?

Later we see the stars of the new girl power movie with Sunny having a cameo. Sunny should be taking notes from these women!

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, rcc said:

Joy and the panel discussed OJ today and the fact that some people are glad he's out. Paula says he was a football star. Sunny says he was a black football star. The other day as guest host Caitlyn said OJ said he could kill Nicole and get away with it because he's OJ.

People admire sports stars, actors, politicians. It makes no difference if they are horrible people. Let's see what Whoopi has to say about it all on Monday.

Sunny complaining that she picks up after everybody at home. Now she wants an apology from her husband and admits she will never get it. Sunny is not the queen of her castle that's for sure. I didn't get what Paula said to her just before the break. Did anyone catch it?

Later we see the stars of the new girl power movie with Sunny having a cameo. Sunny should be taking notes from these women!

Sara said "Manny you're adorable but you are wrong this time." 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Manny you're adorable but you are wrong this time. 

Both he and Sunny are being very childish.   I don't know why this had to be a topic anyway. Keep your dirty laundry at home, Sunny. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Both he and Sunny are being very childish.   I don't know why this had to be a topic anyway. Keep your dirty laundry at home, Sunny. 

I can't imagine getting a text like he sent to start my day with. Take it up at home. Very  childish 

• Love 4

I really enjoyed today's show, shockingly (considering both Paula and Jedi were there). I agreed with Joy about white America being obsessed with O.J. and that Trump would send his own sons up the river to protect himself.

I don't mind when the co-hosts talk about their marital problems at all; if they're willing, who cares. I think it's funny unless it comes across scripted and fake like all of Elisabeth's stories did. Sunny's and Sara's husbands have both sounded like assholes, although Sunny and Sara aren't perfect by any means either (I'm thinking about Sunny's rage jealousy stories and Sara having said she follows her husband when he tries to leave the room when they're arguing, lol). Even Jedi talking about her boyfriend doesn't bother me, although I roll my eyes when she puts on to make herself out to be some kind of sexpot bombshell type.

Nice to see Queen Latifah, always liked her. I remember posting once back when her ABC talkshow was cancelled that I wouldn't mind seeing her replace Whoopi as mod, but I doubt she'd want to be on The View. I like that they generally push out Jedi for the interviews and keep Sunny/Sara/Joy there. Those three are definitely the best interviewers, although Paula is good, too.

• Love 7
(edited)
16 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I really enjoyed today's show, shockingly (considering both Paula and Jedi were there). I agreed with Joy about white America being obsessed with O.J. and that Trump would send his own sons up the river to protect himself.

I don't mind when the co-hosts talk about their marital problems at all; if they're willing, who cares. I think it's funny unless it comes across scripted and fake like all of Elisabeth's stories did. Sunny's and Sara's husbands have both sounded like assholes, although Sunny and Sara aren't perfect by any means either (I'm thinking about Sunny's rage jealousy stories and Sara having said she follows her husband when he tries to leave the room when they're arguing, lol). Even Jedi talking about her boyfriend doesn't bother me, although I roll my eyes when she puts on to make herself out to be some kind of sexpot bombshell type.

Nice to see Queen Latifah, always liked her. I remember posting once back when her ABC talkshow was cancelled that I wouldn't mind seeing her replace Whoopi as mod, but I doubt she'd want to be on The View. I like that they generally push out Jedi for the interviews and keep Sunny/Sara/Joy there. Those three are definitely the best interviewers, although Paula is good, too.

Queen Latifah and Jada Pinkett Smith  do not age at all.  They look the same...lol.. I loved the show today, everybody is so relaxed and enjoying themselves. I had no problems with Sunny talking about her husband, if the movie stah was there she would either be rolling her eyes at Sunny or pontificating about her behavior, and what she should be doing in her marriage. She used to do that to Paula, when it came to her husband or children.. It used to drive me up the wall, the nerve of that woman.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10
(edited)

Is it a coincidence that those four high profile black women appeared on the show when Whoopi's off? I like that they were able to dispense with the requisite ring kissing for the esteemed (L)EGOT and move on to the meaty/fun stuff. Good booking, View producers. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 10

I loved it when Joy put her foot on the table to demonstrate how the guy she worked with clipped his toenails.  Hilarious (& disgusting).  Joy looks so good ... it's hard to believe she's 74 ... I'd give her early sixties at the most.  It must be her good Italian genes.

• Love 5

I have had the same problem as Sunny for 40 years. Not going to change because hubbie and soon have different standards than me.

My solution was setting up my own bedroom and bathroom, and doing only my laundry .  I ask hubbie to do dishes and he does. I stay out of the kitchen as much as possible or turn a blindeye towards messes. Sometimes,  I do the dishes only  IF I feel like it, and am not angry about it. I have learned to walk away.  

Hubbie works from home and makes the majority of the income. It works because I have made my peace with this compromise. I meditate, too, which helps alot.  

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, merriebreeze said:

Is it a coincidence that those four high profile black women appeared on the show when Whoopi's off? I like that they were able to dispense with the requisite ring kissing for the esteemed (L)EGOT and move on to the meaty/fun stuff. Good booking, View producers. 

Stop!

Lol.

Is it wrong that I am rooting for more celebrities to get multiple awards so that the EGOT distinction can be minimalized. I am hoping John Legend gets a TV show. I believe he's only lacking the emmy.

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I don't think embarrassing Manny on national tv is going to make him more inclined to apologize. 

He seems domineering. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at their house. Sarah's too. Not Jed's because they'd just be making out like at Disney World. 

Joy provided some insight into Manny's personality by saying she's met him and knows he's not off crying in a corner because of the fight. A few days ago she said something about Jed's bf that made it seem like he is very sweet and caters to her. Can't remember what it was, though.

ETA: i read that they removed the Beyonce wax figure because if the backlash. What now, Whoopi!

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I like that they generally push out Jedi for the interviews and keep Sunny/Sara/Joy there. Those three are definitely the best interviewers, although Paula is good, too.

This is amusing to me. I watch reruns of Grey's Anatomy on Lifetime during the day. They've been running commercials for a huge interview with the Dance Mom lady, a big tell-all with Jedidiah as the interviewer. The way they're promoting this special, they're making it look like Jedidiah is a big name journalist ala Barbara Walters or Diane Sawyer. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Stacey1014 said:

This is amusing to me. I watch reruns of Grey's Anatomy on Lifetime during the day. They've been running commercials for a huge interview with the Dance Mom lady, a big tell-all with Jedidiah as the interviewer. The way they're promoting this special, they're making it look like Jedidiah is a big name journalist ala Barbara Walters or Diane Sawyer. 

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!  HAHAHAHA!!!  Big name??  Gawd!!!  In her dreams ... I wouldn't watch her interview a talking ape.

• Love 7

I believe they advertised that interview one day this week, didn't they? I remember rolling my eyes thinking somebody at ABC is trying hard to make her happen for some reason. I think it might've been the day they were talking about pursuing dreams and she bragged about how she'd made it, she's on TV.... Whoopi's face during that would-be Sally Field moment made me burst out laughing.

• Love 6

A bit off-topic here, bear with me.  If you can't tell by my little mickey avatar, I'm a Disney fan.   there's a youtube channel that I check from time to time to see what's new at the parks.  Well, the other day, they were talking about Whoopi getting a Disney Legacy award, and guess what -  they were not happy.  this is a group of people who have worked for Disney, operate a travel agency and website, and do weekly videos about all things Disney.  they were naming a bunch of other people they thought deserved a Legacy Award, who didn't receive one, and were all of the opinion that Whoopi hasn't done enough to deserve the award.  Their view is that the award in the past has been for people whom you immediately associate with Disney - singers, animators, people who have created characters, movies, etc.  They said that when you think of Whoopi Goldberg, you don't automatically think of Disney.  They said it's the first time that they felt the award was given to someone because she's famous, and not because she's done anything to deserve it.   

It was an interesting point of view.  

they also talked about Whoopi being an outspoken advocate of the movie "Song of the South"  being re-released.   the movie has some racist content that has caused Disney to not re-release it to video because they don't want racism in what is a kids' movie.   Whoopi says it's part of our country's history and shouldn't be hidden.  

• Love 8

They did talk about Jed's interview and showed a clip.  It looked like Jed was doing a Stephen Colbert imitation when he looks at people skeptically with one eye brow raised.  And, does anyone care about that Dance Mom's woman anyway?

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I loved it when Joy put her foot on the table to demonstrate how the guy she worked with clipped his toenails.  Hilarious (& disgusting).  Joy looks so good ... it's hard to believe she's 74 ... I'd give her early sixties at the most.  It must be her good Italian genes.

Add in the lighting and hair and makeup and everyone could look 10 years younger!

• Love 3
19 hours ago, rcc said:

Speaking of Caitlyn, Ive been wanting to ask....did anyone catch, on day 2 I believe, there was a hubbub of everyone talking at once (course lol) and in the middle of it Caitlyn said she didnt believe in gay marriage or adoption.  Sara was the only one who caught it and she even asked Caitlyn verbatim what she just said and Caitlyn confirmed yes she said that.  Then more hubbub.  I thought Sara did good.  The personal stake she has, I bet she really wanted to get into it, but kept herself composed.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

Speaking of Caitlyn, Ive been wanting to ask....did anyone catch, on day 2 I believe, there was a hubbub of everyone talking at once (course lol) and in the middle of it Caitlyn said she didnt believe in gay marriage or adoption.  Sara was the only one who caught it and she even asked Caitlyn verbatim what she just said and Caitlyn confirmed yes she said that.  Then more hubbub.  I thought Sara did good.  The personal stake she has, I bet she really wanted to get into it, but kept herself composed.

That is why Caitlyn is reviled by the LGBT  community.  What an ignorant thing to say, after her transformation? She is the worst..

• Love 19
16 hours ago, backformore said:

A bit off-topic here, bear with me.  If you can't tell by my little mickey avatar, I'm a Disney fan.   there's a youtube channel that I check from time to time to see what's new at the parks.  Well, the other day, they were talking about Whoopi getting a Disney Legacy award, and guess what -  they were not happy.  this is a group of people who have worked for Disney, operate a travel agency and website, and do weekly videos about all things Disney.  they were naming a bunch of other people they thought deserved a Legacy Award, who didn't receive one, and were all of the opinion that Whoopi hasn't done enough to deserve the award.  Their view is that the award in the past has been for people whom you immediately associate with Disney - singers, animators, people who have created characters, movies, etc.  They said that when you think of Whoopi Goldberg, you don't automatically think of Disney.  They said it's the first time that they felt the award was given to someone because she's famous, and not because she's done anything to deserve it.   

It was an interesting point of view.  

they also talked about Whoopi being an outspoken advocate of the movie "Song of the South"  being re-released.   the movie has some racist content that has caused Disney to not re-release it to video because they don't want racism in what is a kids' movie.   Whoopi says it's part of our country's history and shouldn't be hidden.  

I agree with them. She hasn't done anything to deserve it. The only thing she's done is promote them but everybody at ABC does.

14 hours ago, backformore said:

Joy was on "the trump show" on comedy central last night.   it's a  parody of a talk show, with a trump impersonator as the host.   She was pretty funny. 

I saw it too. I laughed when she said the "p" word because she must have enjoyed saying it there because no way could she do it on The View. I thought the Trump impersonator was pretty good. 

• Love 6

I saw Joy on the President Show as well...by the way the President Show is the funniest thing on Comedy Central, it is a must see.  Anyway, she was so cute and had such a good time saying pussy pussy pussy....I just adore her. I still miss her old talk show and will watch Mrs. Joy anywhere! 

• Love 3
On 7/22/2017 at 11:00 AM, Apprentice79 said:

That is why Caitlyn is reviled by the LGBT  community.  What an ignorant thing to say, after her transformation? She is the worst..

Seriously!  Will TPTB stop giving this entitled, ignorant asshole a platform for her homophobic views!

• Love 5

We've had to remove several posts from this thread due to the inappropriate language used to discuss Caitlyn Jenner.  Under no circumstances should a transgender woman be referred to as "still thinking like a man" or "a male at heart."  If you are trying to express that her views are shaped by the years she spent living as a white male in our society, by all means, say that.  

PM myself or @17wheatthins if you would like further clarification.  Thank you!