Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

Meet The Spiveys

Claire’s Father is Robert Tarver Spivey, Jr. (b. 1973).  Rob is one of 4 Children born to Robert Tarver Spivey, Sr. + Shirley Lynn (Long) Spivey (1957–2012), of Little Rock, AR.  He has 2 Brothers (Jesse and Jeremy), and 1 Sister (Shelley).  Rob is a contractor by trade.  He owns Spivey Construction—an LLC based in Fort Worth, TX, which does “residential and light commercial remodeling.”  He started his business in 2006, when Claire was ~5 Years Old.

Claire’s Mother is Hilary Yvonne (Atherton) Spivey, 42 (DOB March 19, 1978).  She is the first of Gary Marvin Atherton (1951–2019) + Peggy Yvonne Weaver’s (b. 1949) 4 Children.  Her 3 Siblings include 2 Sisters—Gari–Anne (b. 1980) and Jackie Leigh (b. 1989)—and a brother, Ross Earl (b. 1984).  Growing up, Hilary was homeschooled, along with her siblings.  The Athertons appear to hail from Texas, and most—if not all—of them still live there.

Hilary + Robert married in Tarrant County, TX on September 18, 1999.  He was 25 or 26, and she was 21.  Thus far, they have 6 Children—Claire (b. 2–27–01), Robbie (b. 11–20–03), Paige (b. 6–29–06), Wyatt Slade (9–5–10), Taylor (b. 11–11–12), and Carson Lynn (b. 6–22–16).  The Spivey–Athertons seem to affiliate with the Institute in Basic Life Principles (IBLP) and Advanced Training Institute (ATI):  In October 2019, they attended ATI’s ALERT Family Camp—and, it looks like that wasn’t their first time attending.  With their ATI affiliations, the Spiveys probably homeschool; however, thus far there is no definitive proof of that.

I'm looking at this and realized that Rob Jr.'s mother (Claire's grandmother) was evidently only 16 when she had him. I'm guessing Rob Jr. is the oldest. 

I took a look at Spivey Construction and it's actually a pretty professional website. The company also appears to have an A+ from the Better Business Bureau. 

• Useful 9
9 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I'm looking at this and realized that Rob Jr.'s mother (Claire's grandmother) was evidently only 16 when she had him. I'm guessing Rob Jr. is the oldest. 

I took a look at Spivey Construction and it's actually a pretty professional website. The company also appears to have an A+ from the Better Business Bureau. 

Claire's siblings are well spaced out. The two closest in age are two years, two months apart. This bodes well. 

Justin looks more like Dad Spivey than he does his own parents. 

Edited by Heathen
ETA to add a detail
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Happyfatchick said:

Maybe they threw the extra e in because maybe they call Jeremy “Jer”.  I don’t know why I think that, tho

Oh maybe! If the nickname is fairly recent, I bet you're right!

As far as the looks go (I know, I am superficial), I find her probably among the best looking Duggar daughters in law. 

Abby and Kendra are cuties, and don't find Lauren so pretty, Anna is not attractive.

I know she is young, but yes, she leads in the looks department for me

• Love 9
9 hours ago, doodlebug said:

But, once again, what if she was the one who'd just turned 17 and he was 19?  Maybe I'm just sensitive to this because I dated a guy who was 17 when I was 19.  He was a year behind me in school and I was 18, he was 17 when we started dating; but it didn't seem unnatural or weird to me and my parents didn't seem to have any issues with it.  He was a mature, responsible guy.  And, of course, I went off to college and he was still in high school and, after less than a year, it died a natural death as we both moved on to other things.  Because I was in college, leading a college life and he was still in high school.

The difference is, I assume you were dating, not planning to be married within six to nine months. It’s expected that seventeen year olds will date in our society. But it is not expected that they get engaged and marry before a year passes like the Duggars do. Your experience was normal, theirs feels very strange to me.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

So looking at Claire's family, there is no chance those two break free?

I read a while ago that Rob Spivey was an IBLP employee at the Texas facility  -- "construction manager" -- from June 1997 to February 2006. And then, of course, he's remained in the fold.

So while people do leave organizations they've belonged to for a long time, it would appear that Gothardism is pretty baked into the Spivey family. They were part of it years before Claire was born and they're still faithful attendees and, apparently, Duggar worshippers.

I guess there's always hope, though, especially for a new generation. ....Maybe restlessness on the part of Justin and/or Claire is one reason their very young marriage is being permitted and promoted? "Heck, kids! Where else would the adults offer to support -- and give a TeeVee gig to -- a 17-year-old boy who just wants to have fun  have a godly marriage right now today?! You belong in IBLP!"

Here's the employee and former employee list on which Spivey appears -- 

https://bizstanding.com/p/iblp-63518188

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 7

As much as I'd like a Duggarling to "break free," IMO using that term for 17 year old Justin is utter speculation.

Looking at the cohort of older Duggarlings, I see this:

• Two adult Duggar kids are living lives that are NOT tethered to their parents (and revolving on actually a daily/weekly basis around their parents' house): Jill and Jinger.
  • Jill's husband grew up in the mainline mainstream [correction thanks to  @Churchhoney] Southern Baptist Church, went to public school and a state university, and although he joined up with JB during a bout of religious fervor, has returned to the denomination he grew up in and is in his final year of law school. Their oldest child is in public school. 
  • Jinger's husband's father is a Calvinist preacher and although steeped in conservative and evangelical religion, Jeremy was never a Gothardite or in IBLP and does not shun mainstream celebrity culture (well, he pursues it with a thirsty lust. . . ).
  • As teenagers on the TV show, Jinger was perceived by many - and discussed in online forums - as at least a little discontented and perhaps the likely one to "break free." Jill, OTOH, was arguably the most devoted follower of her parents' dictates and their religion, even labeled a snitch or enforcer. The Bright and Shining Koolaid Drinker.
  • What do Jill and Jinger have in common as adults? They married guys who were totally outside IBLP (and similar sometimes overlapping circles like Vision Forum.)
  • I believe that rest of the in-laws, and Justin's wife-to-be Claire, are from strong IBLP/Gothard families or have parents who are serious fundies and tight with JB. (I edited this because I'm not sure if Kendra's or Lauren's families were actually into IBLP or just sort of fellow traveler fundies.)
  • I think all those couples are going to stay in the Duggar fold if not forever, for decades to come. 
Edited by Jeeves
Details. Words.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

As far as the looks go (I know, I am superficial), I find her probably among the best looking Duggar daughters in law. 

Abby and Kendra are cuties, and don't find Lauren so pretty, Anna is not attractive.

I know she is young, but yes, she leads in the looks department for me

Interesting- beauty is very much in the eye of the beholder.

Kendra is certainly “cute” and with that baby face she will hold her looks a long time, Abby is average in attractiveness, but I think Lauren is the prettiest daughter in law.
She has interesting features, her eyes are striking, her lips are in proportion to her face, she has a cute figure she knows how to dress. I think her face is very INTERESTING However it may be to my eye her El Salvadoran ancestry makes her stand out and that makes her more attractive looking at the sea of Duggars. 

Claire looks kinda blah, but I do think she’s playing with makeup looks and that’s why she looks so different in every photo (again shes 19 so that’s a fine thing). 

No I don’t think Anna is pretty. 

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, Jeeves said:
  • What do Jill and Jinger have in common as adults? They married guys who were totally outside IBLP (and similar sometimes overlapping circles like Vision Forum.)
  • I believe that rest of the in-laws, and Justin's wife-to-be Claire, are from strong IBLP/Gothard families or have parents who are serious fundies and tight with JB. (I edited this because I'm not sure if Kendra's or Lauren's families were actually into IBLP or just sort of fellow traveler fundies.)
  • I think all those couples are going to stay in the Duggar fold if not forever, for decades to come. 

Would you add John David to the list? His wife is educated and wears pants, and don’t they attend a Southern Baptist Church?

I think of the Howlers, James is the only one who has a chance of “breaking free” depending on how close he remains with Jill. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Would you add John David to the list? His wife is educated and wears pants, and don’t they attend a Southern Baptist Church?

I think of the Howlers, James is the only one who has a chance of “breaking free” depending on how close he remains with Jill. 

JD's wife Abbie is from a Gothard/IBLP family. JD's and Abbie's lives may be less enmeshed with JD's parents than some of the other married kidults', but AFAIK JD is involved with (works for) some of JB's business ventures and flies JB's planes and they both seem to hang out with the Duggar tribe a lot judging by SM posts. Whatever their choice of church, they are still living in Duggarland.

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

As much as I'd like a Duggarling to "break free," IMO using that term for 17 year old Justin is utter speculation.

Looking at the cohort of older Duggarlings, I see this:

• Two adult Duggar kids are living lives that are NOT tethered to their parents (and revolving on actually a daily/weekly basis around their parents' house): Jill and Jinger.
  • Jill's husband grew up in the mainline Southern Baptist Church, went to public school and a state university, and although he joined up with JB during a bout of religious fervor, has returned to the mainline denomination he grew up in and is in his final year of law school. Their oldest child is in public school. 
  • Jinger's husband's father is a Calvinist preacher and although steeped in conservative and evangelical religion, Jeremy was never a Gothardite or in IBLP and does not shun mainline celebrity culture (well, he pursues it with a thirsty lust. . . ).
  • As teenagers on the TV show, Jinger was perceived by many - and discussed in online forums - as at least a little discontented and perhaps the likely one to "break free." Jill, OTOH, was arguably the most devoted follower of her parents' dictates and their religion, even labeled a snitch or enforcer. The Bright and Shining Koolaid Drinker.

The Caldwells are the only ones we don't have any evidence of being tied to IBLP. The Swansons have attended at least one event but they're fairly private so it's hard to say whether they were full Gothardite or not.

It's interesting because I think out of all of the in-laws, Kendra (and by proxy her parents) are the strictest adherents. 

• Love 8

I wouldn’t say that Jinger has broken free. She is no longer a Gothardite, but she is completely under the thumb of her patriarchal, “theologically” conservative husband. Jeremy is controlling in a different way than the Duggars, but the end result is still that Jinger is a second class citizen with virtually no autonomy even within her own family. 

I think her experience actually shows how close to impossible it is for Duggar kidults to “break away.”

• Love 9

Oh geez, I'm near Tarrant County, too, and I swear I've seen Spivey construction signs before. This is a little too close to home, I want as much distance from the Duggars as possible. 

Also, Justin is an odd duck. Who does he look like? He doesn't resemble any of his siblings except maybe Josie. And how on earth is he going to support a wife? He has no visible skills or job, he's 17 ffs. This is nuts.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

• Jill's husband grew up in the mainline Southern Baptist Church

Just one tiny thing. The Southern Baptist Convention isn't a mainline denomination. It's an evangelical denomination. -- It's theologically conservative, unlike the mainline denominations, which essentially arose in the late 19th and early 20th century when some Protestant churches embraced the "social gospel" -- which called for Christians to engage seriously in creating a more just world for all -- and those churches became the mainline denominations.

The American Baptists -- the northern part of the Baptist split that occurred around the issue of slavery -- are the mainline Baptists. 

The evangelical denominations are the ones that repudiated the social gospel and considered religion to relate pretty exclusively to individual souls' salvation. They vowed then -- and do now -- that Christians' job is to convert people individually to Christ, not to worry about improving their earthly condition, which, in their theology, completely pales in comparison to the universal and eternal importance of having a saved soul. 

The SBC is somewhat less theologically, politically and temperamentally conservative than the Independent Free Baptists and such simply because it is a denomination -- i.e., it has a structure. But it's not mainline. The evangelical denominations also include the other conservative, individual-soul-salvation-centric like the Presbyterian Church in American and the Lutherans' Missouri Synod. 

So Derick definitely didn't grow up a mainline Protestant. What he did was grow up in a very big Protestant denomination whose very size has tended to make it more part of the American mainstream -- and more similar to and assimilated to what we'd think of as the American average. Hence, the working women wearing slacks. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, rue721 said:

I wouldn’t say that Jinger has broken free. She is no longer a Gothardite, but she is completely under the thumb of her patriarchal, “theologically” conservative husband. Jeremy is controlling in a different way than the Duggars, but the end result is still that Jinger is a second class citizen with virtually no autonomy even within her own family. 

I think her experience actually shows how close to impossible it is for Duggar kidults to “break away.”

I agree, and I said in my post that she and Jill are not living lives that are tethered to their parents. I wouldn't disagree that Jinger swapped one headship for another. I was looking more at who's still living well within the Duggar family orbit not just geographically but functionally and AFAIK Jinger and Jill are the only ones who aren't.

Edited by Jeeves
spellcheck failed me
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

This girl is a shapeshifter.  In some pics, she looks like Jana.  In some pics, she looks 30.  In some pics, she looks exactly her age. 

All I know about Justin is that he looks the least Duggarish, IMO.

It's okay that Claire looks older than Justin.  In about three years, he's going to lose that patch of fluff on his head and his receding hairline will shine through, making him go from looking 15 to looking 45.

15 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Claire-ly A Bad Idea

I liked "There's A Justin?" until I saw this one. 😂

11 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

He’s Farmer Ted from Sixteen Candles...

BD363D34-C772-4F48-AAE0-207FB3B63F92.jpeg

THIS!  It's been nagging at me!

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Just one tiny thing. The Southern Baptist Convention isn't a mainline denomination. It's an evangelical denomination.. . .

So Derick definitely didn't grow up a mainline Christian. 

Good catch. I meant to say he grew up attending a church that's mainstream, certainly for a town in Arkansas.  Sorry for the mistake. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Good catch. I meant to say he grew up attending a church that's mainstream, certainly for a town in Arkansas.  Sorry for the mistake. 

I figured you meant that! It's very easy to get those words mixed up....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Depends on the age of consent in Arkansas or Texas, wherever they get together.  Here in Ohio, the age of consent is 16 which means that it is not illegal for a 16 year old to be with anyone of any age.  Below the age of 16, I am required to ask the young lady the age of her partner but am only required to notify Children's services if the age difference is 4 years or more.  So, a 14 year old can sleep with a 17 year old, or 15 with 18.

The age of consent means the age when teens are deemed mature enough to have sex, not date. Johannah could date TimBits (god forbid) but as long as they're not engaged in any sexual activity they're not doing anything illegal. And given that they would never be together without a chaperone or allowed to even talk on the phone, I'm pretty sure Johannah's virtue would be safe.

I don't care about the age difference, just the actual age. 

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Also, Justin is an odd duck. Who does he look like? He doesn't resemble any of his siblings except maybe Josie. And how on earth is he going to support a wife? He has no visible skills or job, he's 17 ffs. This is nuts.

All I can see when I look at Justin is Joy and Josie.  And here’s some physical proof that they favor. 

2615B934-C938-4C2C-94A4-676B14A30A06.jpeg

6AB45C55-416B-41B1-93D0-4A9C98999A58.jpeg

• Love 3
16 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I should clarify, Elijah has lived with the Duggars for several years, has been seen on the show, (Jessa's deck) is registered to vote at the TTH address, travels with Mediccorps etc so I assume/infer he has been staying in the boys dorm for several years.

I've seen various people discussed on here as being long-time friends who are at the house frequently, but I always assumed they were visitors.  Having someone officially declare their home his residence is both surprising and bold IMO.  

Ordinarily families with a history of, let's say incidents for lack of a better description, would give wide berth to others moving in -- let alone moving into communal bedrooms with minors.  Like I said, I'm not suggesting something in particular about Elijah in any way, nor am I particularly inclined to be suspicious about him specifically in any way.  Ordinarily families with a history such as the Duggars would have had this pounded into their heads in no uncertain terms, and an investigation would be opened immediately if a situation like this friend moving in came to light.  An uncle or an aunt, a niece or a nephew of a certain age moving in would get official attention as well.  This is a family with parents who have been shown not to be able to keep their children safe even with only the immediate nuclear family under their roof.  

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Jinger and Jeremy are still dependent mostly on the show for income. They moved far away but they’re still tethered to the family imo.

And it seems like their improbable lifestyle may ultimately bring them back into the fold in very vulnerable positions if Jeremy doesn't wake up and recognize a free lunch isn't providing dependable support for his wife and child(ren) and won't last forever. 

• Love 12
36 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

And it seems like their improbable lifestyle may ultimately bring them back into the fold in very vulnerable positions if Jeremy doesn't wake up and recognize a free lunch isn't providing dependable support for his wife and child(ren) and won't last forever. 

I suspect Jeremy's parents are going to be subsidizing their lifestyle as they seem fairly well off. I can't see JereME rolling over like Ben. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Jinger and Jeremy are still dependent mostly on the show for income. They moved far away but they’re still tethered to the family imo.

Sometime in the last month or so when I was looking up something about Jer, the search results included one of those celebrity net worth pages for him.....They listed him as having a net worth of $2 million. I laughed about that for the rest of the day. 😁

Maybe he found a treasure buried under an old oak tree or something. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I suspect Jeremy's parents are going to be subsidizing their lifestyle as they seem fairly well off. I can't see JereME rolling over like Ben. 

Interesting.  I know they've been seen on the show a couple times, but I didn't even realize until today that his father was a pastor -- which doesn't typically go hand in hand with fairly well off.

I can't see Jeremy taking well to being yoked like Ben.  Matter of fact, the recent interaction when JB and M with Jana and Jessa met Jeremy at the hotel room when they came to town to surprise Jinger for her birthday I distinctly clocked Jeremy's and JB's interaction in the doorway and it's clear Jeremy has put some effort into how he positions himself with JB and JB's demeanor revealing he recognizes he is currently unable to dominate Jeremy.  It will be particularly ugly if Jeremy and Jinger find themselves in a position to go hat, er pocket square, in hand to JB.   No way JB won't make him pay dearly for daring to thwart JB's control this whole time.  Both will find themselves miserable in Arkansas so fast, wondering how they are living in a warehouse, completely unable to look at their coffee mug collection because it's too painful to remember what used to be.  

Jeremy better hope his parents actually do have deep enough pockets to throw them a better lifeline -- and are willing to do so. 

Edited by Tikichick
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Interesting- beauty is very much in the eye of the beholder.

Kendra is certainly “cute” and with that baby face she will hold her looks a long time, Abby is average in attractiveness, but I think Lauren is the prettiest daughter in law.
She has interesting features, her eyes are striking, her lips are in proportion to her face, she has a cute figure she knows how to dress. I think her face is very INTERESTING However it may be to my eye her El Salvadoran ancestry makes her stand out and that makes her more attractive looking at the sea of Duggars. 

Claire looks kinda blah, but I do think she’s playing with makeup looks and that’s why she looks so different in every photo (again shes 19 so that’s a fine thing). 

No I don’t think Anna is pretty. 

I agree with your assessments. I think Claire has classic features that will age well. Justin also looks better than his older unmarried brothers -- especially creepy wannabe politician twin -- so they make a cute baby couple. 

I got a little too curious and looked up Claire's grandmother's obituary (she died of an unnamed cancer). There was a photo of her that showed she aged well, although she was not old when she died. The obituary was religious-themed but not bible-thumpery like you'd expect from a Duggar adjacent/IBLP/Gothard person. https://www.arkansasonline.com/obituaries/2012/jan/28/shirley-spivey-2012-01-28/

Edited by Heathen
ETA link
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Interesting.  I know they've been seen on the show a couple times, but I didn't even realize until today that his father was a pastor -- which doesn't typically go hand in hand with fairly well off.

I can't see Jeremy taking well to being yoked like Ben.  Matter of fact, the recent interaction when JB and M with Jana and Jessa met Jeremy at the hotel room when they came to town to surprise Jinger for her birthday I distinctly clocked Jeremy's and JB's interaction in the doorway and it's clear Jeremy has put some effort into how he positions himself with JB and JB's demeanor revealing he recognizes he is currently unable to dominate Jeremy.  It will be particularly ugly if Jeremy and Jinger find themselves in a position to go hat, er pocket square, in hand to JB.   No way JB won't make him pay dearly for daring not to thwart JB's control this whole time.  Both will find themselves miserable in Arkansas so fast, wondering how they are living in a warehouse, completely unable to look at their coffee mug collection because it's too painful to remember what used to be.  

Jeremy better hope his parents actually do have deep enough pockets to throw them a better lifeline -- and are willing to do so. 

From what we've seen of the Vuolos either they are up to their eyes in debt or they are well off. My guess is the latter because even though soccer is relatively inexpensive to play for kids, it is still not cheap. To get to the varsity level costs some serious dough. Jeremy was also playing in Finland before his preacher dreams which is not cheap to live in by any stretch of the imagination. His salary was probably just enough to cover his living expenses, if that.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I can’t imagine Jeremy’s parents would want or be able to support a whole 2nd family indefinitely.

I agree.   For me the fact Jeremy played soccer isn't an indicator they were incredibly well off.   Our daughters were dancers, one competitively.  That didn't come cheap, yet we're probably more at the comfortable level as opposed to particularly well off.   Once we get the second through college we won't be in a position to support a second, young family.

• Love 7

Justin and Claire: DeSpivey their young age, they're committed!

I echo others who state that Justin looks like Joy. I also think that Justin is one of the better-looking Duggars, second after Jeremiah. Coincidentally, they are both Jessa's buddies, so I guess looks run in Jessa's buddy tree.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Justin and Claire: He wasn't expecting her,...next year she'll be expecting

His comment of "God brought her into his life when I wasn't expecting it"  makes me laugh.

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

I echo others who state that Justin looks like Joy. I also think that Justin is one of the better-looking Duggars, second after Jeremiah. Coincidentally, they are both Jessa's buddies, so I guess looks run in Jessa's buddy tree.

I think it’s because Justin, Joy and Jer look like Michelle and not blockheaded Jim Bob.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • LOL 6

Why do I get the feeling that the Spiveys visited the Compound with the express idea that Claire was going to snag one of the unmarrieds.  Which is not that crazy of an idea and she gets to be the one deciding things.  She has the upper hand for a weekend or two as Jed, Jeremiah, Jason, James and Justin all pay court to her.  That has to be a heady feeling for a 18-year-old girl raised in the Gothard Bubble.  Personally, I would have dragged this out for much longer before finally choosing the one least likely to boss me around until I wanted him to boss me around.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Are the Spiveys wealthy.

The Vuolos appear to be middle class or even lower middle class. They live in a 3bd, 1.5bth home, in PA, that they bought for $197,000, in 2002. Where is the idea they're wealthy coming from?

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

I now have a mental image of teenage Jessa telling Michelle, “if I’m going to raise your children, you at least have to give me the good-looking ones! Jana can have the homely ones! And I’ll kick Jana’s bed again if you say otherwise!” 

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

All I can see when I look at Justin is Joy and Josie.  And here’s some physical proof that they favor. 

2615B934-C938-4C2C-94A4-676B14A30A06.jpeg

6AB45C55-416B-41B1-93D0-4A9C98999A58.jpeg

That looks like some serious Photoshop to turn him into a her, smoothing and coloring the complexion.   The right ears are identical, the pupils of their eyes are identical shapes, the lip shapes are the same, the highlights and colors are the same.  That looks nothing like Joy to me.    I don't know where those photos came from, but his looks legit, hers does not. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, leighdear said:

That looks like some serious Photoshop to turn him into a her, smoothing and coloring the complexion.   The right ears are identical, the pupils of their eyes are identical shapes, the lip shapes are the same, the highlights and colors are the same.  That looks nothing like Joy to me.    I don't know where those photos came from, but his looks legit, hers does not. 

That is Justin faced-tuned into a female.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, leighdear said:

It’s FaceApp.  It takes 5 seconds and no I’m not sitting here spending all day photoshopping Duggars. I’ve FaceApped several of them because I can see lots of similarities in the siblings. They’re all full siblings so they have to either look like Michelle and her side or Jim Bob and his side. Switching the genders really highlights how much they favor to me. YMMV. And glitches or kinks you find in the system would have to be taken up with the fine folks  who created this entertaining nugget of AI. 

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8

Someone using a program to perform photo manipulation, then posting the results with the words "And here’s some physical proof that they favor" is a scam I don't usually get suckered into.  Won't happen again.  

Edited by leighdear
19 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Someone using a program to perform photo manipulation, then posting the results with the words "And here’s some physical proof that they favor" is a scam I don't usually get suckered into.  Won't happen again.  

I don't think it was meant to fool anyone. Earlier, in another thread, other Duggar pictures were face-tuned, with an explanation. I'm guessing I just Want Chips figured we all knew what the pictures were.

• Love 24