Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think we can all (or most) agree that in an emergency we wouldn't want a Duggar as a first responder. However if that Duggar arrived at a fire with a fire truck when there was no other I wouldn't turn them away. Jill or Jana as an EMT responding to me?? Only if I was conscious and they had an ambulance so I could make sure they weren't harming me on the ride to the hospital.

Jana tends to panic a little and I prefer Jill keep her medical thingies to herself.

I would go across the street to my neighbor who is an East Helena Volunteer EMT/Firefighter or hope and pray my husband gets home fast (former volunteer EMT/firefighter and National Guard Combat Medic.)

Here's Lauren's father. Owner and operator of a lawn-mowing business, but probably quite keen to hook his men's ministry to the Duggs' fame-star and ride it to ministerial/missionary glory via the apparent new arranged marriage.

Gee, where we have seen another guy like that? ... Der? Bin? Jer? Austin's family camp (remember how Joy was in their advertisements the instant the courtship was announced?) ? Pastor Caldwell? and now Mr. Lawnmowing Courageous-Men-of-the-Word guy.... 

Don't hold your breath for marrying into any non-ministerial setups, Duggar children. Only people who think your family's religio-celebrity will benefit their career plans will ever ever marry into the Dugg-mob. 

https://www.facebook.com/CourageousMenofTheWord/

https://embassymedia.com/speaker/dwain-swanson

"Dwain Swanson mentors more than 150 men in 41 states by using a special headset while riding a lawn mower as he runs his landscaping company. Since initiating this unique means of discipleship and accountability, he has helped other men start similar groups with similar results."  Imagine the lawnmower injuries being courted by this new preaching method. How do you thump your Bible and steer at the same time? ... Although I guess it prevents any bikini-wearing teens from breaking up suburban marriages. 

And in this case the missionary/minister/aspirant is some religio-ambitious nutbar who looks exactly like Jim Bob, to boot. Imagine what your 3 dozen kids are gonna look like, Josiah. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Here's Lauren's father. Owner and operator of a lawn-mowing business, but probably quite keen to hook his men's ministry to the Duggs' fame-star and ride it to ministerial/missionary glory via the apparent new arranged marriage.

Gee, where we have seen another guy like that? ... Der? Bin? Jer? Austin's family camp (remember how Joy was in their advertisements the instant the courtship was announced?) ? Pastor Caldwell? and now Mr. Lawnmowing Courageous-Men-of-the-Word guy.... 

Don't hold your breath for marrying into any non-ministerial setups, Duggar children. Only people who think your family's religio-celebrity will benefit their career plans will ever ever marry into the Dugg-mob. 

https://www.facebook.com/CourageousMenofTheWord/

https://embassymedia.com/speaker/dwain-swanson

"Dwain Swanson mentors more than 150 men in 41 states by using a special headset while riding a lawn mower as he runs his landscaping company. Since initiating this unique means of discipleship and accountability, he has helped other men start similar groups with similar results."

And in this case it's some religio-ambitious nutbar who looks exactly like Jim Bob, to boot. Imagine what your 3 dozen kids are gonna look like, Josiah. 

Where was this guy when Michelle was defrauding her neighbor while mowing the lawn. I mean saving people with the unique means of discipleship and accountability while mowing the lawn. Wow! What a gift.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

Where was this guy when Michelle was defrauding her neighbor while mowing the lawn. I mean saving people with the unique means of discipleship and accountability while mowing the lawn. Wow! What a gift.

Well, I think he's somewhat younger than she is. Maybe he was inspired to start his business by her horrifying story? She led a man to the devil via lawnmower. So a light shone, and he was inspired to use the same device to lead them to God (and Bill Gothard). 

2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Dwain provided this lovely link: https://embassymedia.com/qualities

I guess men really are animals. lol

• Love 9

Exactly! I had read this about Dwain before. He sounds exactly like a grown-up Ben or Jeremy. Note though he's connected to/likes ATI (Bill Gothard's homeschooling program). 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

New thread title:   Do-Over Boy and Lawnmower Lauren Swanson.

But, but it's not official yet until they are on the cover of People Magazine. Headline: Poor suffering Josiah Duggar finds love again

• Love 7
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

UGH!!! JD flying commercial flights. Scary stuff!!! Knowing JB would "want" to JD to fly commercial flights because it would benefit him and the rest of the family, plus proof a Duggar son is a major success without college or post high school education. Like I said a win-win for JB and JD. JimBobCheap probably would send out Jana and a few of the younger girls to be trained as flight attendants to keep an eye on JD because of the friendly skies aka the heathen female hussy flight attendants and passengers.

I'm not sure if Jana and the Lost Girls could make it through flight attendant training. The Lost Girls are a definite no, you need to know some math.

There is no way the Duggars can maintain the cost of running that plane and everything it entails forever. JD may have to go work for "The Man" eventually. Sadly enough he's probably the only one qualified to go work for "The Man" when everything is said and done.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Dwain provided this lovely link: https://embassymedia.com/qualities

Wait, wait....so this guy "ministers" while mowing grass? And wth is it with the animals? God these people are freaking strange.whatever happened to having a normal job? Accountant, store manager, chef, doctor, engineer, insurance salesman, realtor?

5 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Some interesting parings on the animals/qualities...Not sure where a rearing mustang came to exemplify meekness, or a vulture humility, among others.

Racoon=creativity. Camel=faithfulness??

• Love 7

Just on the topic of emergency medical care being done in a skirt, it's absolutely possible. I used to work with an icu charge nurse that was a member of some fundamentalist religion and she was fabulous. She wore scrub skirts (and had waist length hair she kept up in a bun). Her skirt didn't limit her at all; she ran codes, did cpr, and everything else any other icu nurse does. So it's possible...but for a Duggar? Probably not. 

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Some interesting parings on the animals/qualities...Not sure where a rearing mustang came to exemplify meekness, or a vulture humility, among others.

I'm guessing the vulture might have humility cause it's willing to live by eating nothing but rotten botulism-infected garbage -- and thus serve the rest of us, big time. 

On  the mustang, though ... I got nothing. 

Interesting to think that Jer may have married Jingle because of her resemblance to a rearing mustang, though. Go figure. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

The 911 call from Michelle, “... Mother is bleeding “...

The problem with the Duggettes being first responders is their ridiculous maxi skirts.  I’ve had to wear FRC (flame retardant clothing) whenever I went to chemical plants or to the offshore construction yard.  They’re pants.  Too much exposed skin otherwise.

If I recall, they hacked up the fire retardant pants and made them into skirts. They're super expensive, too!

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, sixlets said:

Dwain (WTF is up with that spelling?) is a shining example of why people are afraid of organized religion.  

I have a dear friend with that name.  He’s a Cajun, extremely well educated, and a Roman Catholic. Not Fundy one bit!

48 minutes ago, Catfin said:

If I recall, they hacked up the fire retardant pants and made them into skirts. They're super expensive, too!

I did recall something like that on the episode. But, I’m not sure they would provide complete coverage unless boots are high ride. It’s one thing to be in the ER or ICU,or an EMT, but firefighting is another matter.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Annb67 said:

Wait, wait....so this guy "ministers" while mowing grass? And wth is it with the animals? God these people are freaking strange.whatever happened to having a normal job? Accountant, store manager, chef, doctor, engineer, insurance salesman, realtor?

That's basically what the Bates were doing before they became a family on tv tm. It makes me think he's a full-on Gothardite, since one of Bill Gothard's biggest principles was a "man should work for himself". Gothard encouraged his followers to be entrepenuers and most of them went into fields like lawn services. The point of this was to make the man "king of his domain" etc., give him more time for his family, and keep the husband/family from evil outside influences at work. Josiah seems to have found the in-laws, who are most like his parents so far. 

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I have a dear friend with that name.  He’s a Cajun, extremely well educated, and a Roman Catholic. Not Fundy one bit!

I did recall something like that on the episode. But, I’m not sure they would provide complete coverage unless boots are high ride. It’s one thing to be in the ER or ICU,or an EMT, but firefighting is another matter.

No way would they be protective. Bunch of freaks. I'd send them away if they responded to MY emergency. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I dated a pilot who worked for one of the major airlines in another life. I have no idea what training JD went through to get his license. I know there's several ways to go about it and I suspect the Duggars went the way which costs $$$$ but you get your license in no time.

JD has probably logged enough hours to be marketable for one of the carriers with their smaller charters. He would be able to work his way up to the bigger planes (if he so chose). We cannot say definitively whether he will eventually chase that possibility. But he is set up to be hired versus John Doe who just completed flight school.

I would not be surprised if the money starts drying up to maintain the planes, etc. that JD does seek a job with one of the commercial airlines. Mostly because the Duggars like freebies and free* flights with the family discount are right up their alley.

*not entirely free but substantially less than what the rest of us pay.

I suspect the Duggars bought the license used and saved the difference!

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Racoon=creativity. Camel=faithfulness??

Only if it is a one hump Camel. 

• Love 13
13 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I can see members being related, but to have your sisters come along to watch over you is something else. How much did the girls actually do on the calls. I cannot see the volunteer fire departments where I live allowing this. I could picture the police department officers and administration reactions if I told them I needed to have my husband or a family member come with me when I do volunteer work so no male officer or staff member defrauded me or the chance I might defraud them. Chances are my application would have been rejected.

I agree!! Not everyone or everything lives by Duggar rules. The faster the kids figure that out, the better. J boob doesn’t not rule in the outside world.

• Love 5
On 1/12/2018 at 6:44 PM, drafan said:

Pssstttt....Jana........next time you feel that your stripey dress is too short, think about putting a pair of capri leggings underneath it, INSTEAD OF ANOTHER FREAKIN' SKIRT.  You will never land "Prince Charming" wearing double skirts...... but maybe that's your goal.

((On a shallow note, for some reason Jana looks like a young Heather Locklear in the stripey skirt-skirt get-up pic. She also looks like she's been up all night with the baby, which she probably was.))

if you look close in the picture and enlarge it looks like Samuel has a hearing aid in his left ear

• Love 1
11 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Sad, sad world when people like the Duggars can become volunteers with fire departments because people do not have the time or commitment to become one. I personally do not think any of the Duggars would be useful in an emergency situation unless it is to call 911 and stand back situation. I know a few people who were or are volunteers with a local fire department, and I take them over the Duggars any day of the week. They are doing it for all the right reasons and because they want to help people and actually care about others and not to prove a point or because they want to please their father or a cult like leader. So glad no Duggars live in my neck of the woods.

You’re right bigskygirl.

No volunteer fire department large or small takes just any person off the streets. There is training that has to be completed and requirements that need to be met. You don’t get to bring your sisters along because your dad wants you to. This isn’t  PettiCoat Junction and Uncle Joe with a fire hose.

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 6

I highly doubt that ANY of the Duggar girls are 'real emergency responders'. I think that training episode, the skirt alterations were purely for TV. JD may have been trained a 'bit more' as he's a male and allowed to do so most likely. The girls being actual EMT's doesn't match up with their belief system for females. None of them have ever gone on a real emergency call. If they did, we would have read/heard about it on their blog, somewhere,, sometime over all these years. It's all fake for TV folks, just like the food donations that the Duggars took back when the cameras were turned off.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

I  think that they're already engaged because of the way they signed the book Josiah and Lauren Duggar

I think so too.

I bet some engagement footage was Jim Bob's little bargaining chip to get the show picked up for yet another season. 

(I assume that one of the Duggar Kidults can do some decent filming if properly planned out)

8 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

I  think that they're already engaged because of the way they signed the book Josiah and Lauren Duggar

I agree. They wouldn't have had her up there signing books if it was early on in the courtship.

Hopefully they're happy together, but I have a feeling that for Josiah, Marjorie will always be the one who got away. Maybe Lauren is just as outgoing, but Marge's personality and ambition suited Josiah perfectly. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I can't wait for them to act like Marjorie never existed.

Remember thoughts Marjorie was too worldly for him according to Blob. Pants wearing book writing feminist to whom Blob could not mold into a fundamentalist Stepford slave wife.

• Love 10

i agree that they already engaged -- maybe even already married. I think, though, that this is almost a punishment marriage. Lauren is a pretty girl, and i have no idea if she's smart or nice, but given how uber-fundie and Gothardy her family is, i can't help but think that she was chosen for Josiah to keep him in line, and to make sure she would sound the alarm to JB and J'chelle if he even breathed a non-conformist thought.

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. They wouldn't have had her up there signing books if it was early on in the courtship.

Hopefully they're happy together, but I have a feeling that for Josiah, Marjorie will always be the one who got away. Maybe Lauren is just as outgoing, but Marge's personality and ambition suited Josiah perfectly. 

I suspect that too. I think the ending of that courtship was due to a combination of Marjorie (Josh scandals, 19 Kids being pulled off the air) and JB (Marjorie too worldly and ambitious for the family), whereas I think Josiah would have wanted to keep going. It's hard to tell what Lauren's personality looks like right now, but based on what has been shared about her family, I suspect that Lauren is much less worldly and ambitious but Josiah will accept her because the Lord laid it upon JB's Josiah's heart that Josiah and Lauren were a match made in heaven. It's like the opposite of Zach Bates's journey with his two courtships.

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

i agree that they already engaged -- maybe even already married. I think, though, that this is almost a punishment marriage. Lauren is a pretty girl, and i have no idea if she's smart or nice, but given how uber-fundie and Gothardy her family is, i can't help but think that she was chosen for Josiah to keep him in line, and to make sure she would sound the alarm to JB and J'chelle if he even breathed a non-conformist thought.

So true. You hit the nail on the head. Too bad that Boob picked her and Josiah has no choice. Boob never cared much for Josiah. I think he wants to get him married off as a punishment/way to quiet the rumors/make him forget that he had free choice to wait for someone he would want to marry.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I suspect that too. I think the ending of that courtship was due to a combination of Marjorie (Josh scandals, 19 Kids being pulled off the air) and JB (Marjorie too worldly and ambitious for the family), whereas I think Josiah would have wanted to keep going. It's hard to tell what Lauren's personality looks like right now, but based on what has been shared about her family, I suspect that Lauren is much less worldly and ambitious but Josiah will accept her because the Lord laid it upon JB's Josiah's heart that Josiah and Lauren were a match made in heaven. It's like the opposite of Zach Bates's journey with his two courtships.

What a complete shame that Josiah had picked Marjorie out on his own because he saw something in her like independence, smarts, personality, warmth, etc. Now he is stuck with what Boob wants for him and I doubt he can say no. His only choice will be to marry her and pretend to be happy.

Personally I think Josiah deserves so much better. He was robbed of going to a real school and becoming something that he wanted to be. I hope that Josiah doesn't end up resenting this whole marriage thing. I would have loved for him to have waited. He is way too young and needs to live more before he gets saddled with a wife and a ton of kids. *sniff I feel so much sadness for him*

• Love 10

I'm glad Marjorie split and that she has parents who actually care about her future and well-being. She's off in college enjoying the life of a 19 year old, not barefoot and pregnant with her 2nd kid. Josiah would have stunted her growth. 

I kinda agree they probably are engaged and they waited to announce until it was official and sure the girl wasn't gonna run off on him again. 

• Love 17

Why do the Duggar family think that we are as stupid and dumb as they are?  We  called them out on everything before they admitted that the thing happened.  Way back in the TWOP days we called out Smuggar on his sexual molesting days and how many years after we called them out on that did they finally admit it?

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

New thread title:   Do-Over Boy and Lawnmower Lauren Swanson.

Nah, call it Lasiah. Then the people who wanted a Josiah/Lawson Bates pairing will *almost* have what they wanted. 

• Love 6

that this is almost a punishment marriage

Yeah, that won't increase the odds of cheating or divorce AT ALL. A blanket training marriage for a light-in-the-loafers son. I wonder if thy'll re-film the 'Josh gives Josiah marriage advice' webisode. "Remember, bro, use a burner debit card and cell phone."

This is totally superficial - but Laruen's face looks a morph job of Amy and Jessa, with Anna's nose. It's like they cant help but marry people who will churn out similar looking kids.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Yeah, that won't increase the odds of cheating or divorce AT ALL. A blanket training marriage for a light-in-the-loafers son. I wonder if thy'll re-film the 'Josh gives Josiah marriage advice' webisode. "Remember, bro, use a burner debit card and cell phone."

Well, we know why Priscilla compared marriage to TFDW to crucifixion. I think it was also a punishment marriage for TFDW, though it seems like it’s been more of a punishment for Priscilla.  Joshley was married off (as we learned later) for his own behavior.  Both men deserved to do far worse, based on how both of the Keller sisters have been treated.

1 hour ago, Lunera said:

I'm glad Marjorie split and that she has parents who actually care about her future and well-being. She's off in college enjoying the life of a 19 year old, not barefoot and pregnant with her 2nd kid. Josiah would have stunted her growth. 

I kinda agree they probably are engaged and they waited to announce until it was official and sure the girl wasn't gonna run off on him again. 

So true again. The difference is that Josiah picked Marjorie out of free choice. It's hard to forget your first love.

Marjorie part 2 is just a substitute.

• Love 2

It is also upsetting that Boob thought that Marjorie was “too worldly and too ambitious “ for his taste.  Translation: Marjorie would give the other Duggar kids ideation about college.  We can’t have that. Boob is determined that his own spawn will not show him up in intelligence.  Ambition translates to rebellion in Boob’s mind.  Not sure which set of parents  put the kibosh on the courtship, but I’m sure it was Marjorie’s dad.  He probably knew he’d made the right decision after Boob said those things.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 7