Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Never Grow James and Dimwit Joy?

Is that a Duggar boy? He looks younger than Jackson and I thought Jackson was the youngest. But I don't know. There're so many of them, they're probably crawling out from between the sofa cushions. That must be the mysterious Jethro, finally home for the holidays after studying abroad at a Swiss boarding school.

• Love 12
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 4:06 PM, Malvina said:

I wish Jana would find a smoking hot girlfriend, give her parents the one finger salute, move to Vermont & be happy.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Is that a Duggar boy? He looks younger than Jackson and I thought Jackson was the youngest. But I don't know. There're so many of them, they're probably crawling out from between the sofa cushions. That must be the mysterious Jethro, finally home for the holidays after studying abroad at a Swiss boarding school.

He has been away at school getting his master's in gozindas.  For example, 1 gozinda 1-1 time.  Gozinds are only taught out to eight at the SODRT.  

• Love 5

Is this the right place (for now) to put stuff about Joy and Austin?  Here's a little TLC video of them talking about where he asked her to court:  http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/tlcme-videos/joy-duggar-is-courting/  

It occurred to me that maybe they have been a thing for awhile, but Austin had to wait until Joy turned 19 to ask her to court - cuz isn't that the earliest age the Gothardites can court? In the video, they say they were at this "favorite spot" a year ago, so it sounds like the crush has been underway awhile.

But who was behind the camera that was filming this video? If it's a TLC cameraman, does that mean that they took a cameraman with them on this walk - yet Joy supposedly had no idea what was coming? Yeah right.

• Love 2

The video is from Fort Rock. Joy has been there several times this past year, just maybe not to that place. The video was filmed when they visited in early October. The Fort Rock website was changed to feature Joy on 10/3. I am almost certain the courtship began on that trip. James (on Joy's buddy team, don't forget) was also working at the (marriage) retreat, and he's part of the infamous Duggar Studios. Parents were also probably nearby.

FWIW, I think this couple is an arrangement between the fathers, much like Smuggar was set up with the Holt daughter around age 14. I doubt the couple really knows, but Pa Forsythe could certainly start mentioning Joy's servant's heart, etc. in conversation, nudging Austin in her direction. The Duggars get a couple more seasons, the Forsythes can use Duggar connections to attract more campers. A perfect quid pro quo.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Austin had to wait until Joy turned 19 to ask her to court - cuz isn't that the earliest age the Gothardites can court?

I don't think that there is an official statement regarding age to court.  That seems up to the parents ::cough:: patriarses. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I don't think that there is an official statement regarding age to court.  That seems up to the parents ::cough:: patriarses. 

In Joy's case I think it had more to do w/lining up the next 'Duggar wedding' to continue being on teevee another season than any age restrictions. Two daughters courting during one season is just not good for the family business, right KJB?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

It occurred to me that maybe they have been a thing for awhile, but Austin had to wait until Joy turned 19 to ask her to court - cuz isn't that the earliest age the Gothardites can court? 

Maybe I'm thinking of age of engagement? Didn't Anna have to turn 19 before Smug could propose to her? Or is that just how it worked out? 

But I realize I was wrong about courting age - Josiah and Marjorie were younger when they briefly courted, and Bin was too (although Bin's not Gothard).

37 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Maybe I'm thinking of age of engagement? Didn't Anna have to turn 19 before Smug could propose to her? Or is that just how it worked out? 

But I realize I was wrong about courting age - Josiah and Marjorie were younger when they briefly courted, and Bin was too (although Bin's not Gothard).

Edited by Sew Sumi
It won't let me type after the quote! A phone issue, I believe.
37 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Ah, that's better. Ignore the mess of a last post. 

Anna wanted to wait until she was 20 to get engaged.  Marjorie was 17, but I don't know how strictly Gothard they are. Obviously, Boobchelle wouldn't have let Señora Jackson teach their kids Spanish unless she was as in their inner circle, certainly attending the home church when it was still a thing.

All this to say there are no age restrictions other than what the state says you can legally do.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, awaken said:

I believe I recall Anna saying she promised god she wouldn't get engaged/married (forget which) until she was 20. But what if He lays it on your heart to marry at 19?

If he lays it upon your heart his direction outweighs your decision.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Poor Joseph, his hair looks Major Healey from I Dream of Jeannie.

15168931_1067567693342039_39064038939607

I think he looks fine. I AM concerned about Michelle's giant purse though. It's about half the size she is and looks to weigh even more. 

• Love 4

I think that's Laura (aka masiespace). Can't remember her exact last name, but it has "Masie" in it. She is a friend of Jana's who works at Headquarters, but has been staying with the Duggars seemingly since Jinger's wedding (or she left and came back for the week). At any rate, she's been around the Duggars a lot this month. 

• Love 1

That's what I have been saying since we found out who Austin was. 

Let's just call the next two seasons of Counting On "Selling Joy." Like Smuggar, married off young due to real (Smugs) or perceived flaws. Poor Joy's only problem is that she's not feminine enough. I'm sure that's why Mechelle took time out of her "busy" schedule to meet with her. It's a redux of Mechelle at the coffee shop with Jessa giving lessons on how to to give googly eyes and simper, ie. signs of "love" in their world.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

SaThat's what I have been saying since we found out who Austin was. 

Let's just call the next two seasons of Counting On "Selling Joy." Like Smuggar, married off young due to real (Smugs) or perceived flaws. Poor Joy's only problem is that she's not feminine enough. I'm sure that's why Mechelle took time out of her "busy" schedule to meet with her. It's a redux of Mechelle at the coffee shop with Jessa giving lessons on how to to give googly eyes and simper, ie. signs of "love" in their world.

Amen. Sad part is, I don't think Joy was even that much of a tomboy. She was just closest in age with brothers, so she played with them.

• Love 2
On 11/27/2016 at 9:13 AM, riverblue22 said:

Does Michelle have a knit top under that jean jacket?

At least it's a different shirt! I'm so tired of seeing either the green one or the blue one. I thought she only had the two.

• Love 4
On November 27, 2016 at 3:50 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Amen. Sad part is, I don't think Joy was even that much of a tomboy. She was just closest in age with brothers, so she played with them.

Yes!!! Plus, I have always thought that if she were a part of the real world, she would have played sports from a young age. She would just be a typical recent HS graduate who was on the basketball and softball teams, and could possibly even be a freshman college athlete. She would have been friends with normal girls on these teams who were active, but not just "tomboys."

On November 27, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Like Smuggar, married off young due to real (Smugs) or perceived flaws. Poor Joy's only problem is that she's not feminine enough. I'm sure that's why Mechelle took time out of her "busy" schedule to meet with her. It's a redux of Mechelle at the coffee shop with Jessa giving lessons on how to to give googly eyes and simper, ie. signs of "love" in their world.

I agree that this is his reasoning, but it would have made more sense to give her a few years to learn how to be a lady under the exclusive tutelage of Jana. Who better to learn helpmeet duties from?

6 minutes ago, SpaghettiTuesdays said:

How can J'chelle carry that bag with her missing muscle? 

I wonder if the visiting girl is a chance to marry off JD... Get her close with a sister, then get her in with her new fiance. 

I was wondering about the girl too but then thought that they always keep potential mates more hidden until they make a formal announcement. So whatever...

• Love 1
4 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

At least it's a different shirt! I'm so tired of seeing either the green one or the blue one. I thought she only had the two.

Oh no, she also has a neon pink & an orange one, there could be more.  I agree it is nice to see her in something different.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Almost 3000 said:

I was wondering about the girl too but then thought that they always keep potential mates more hidden until they make a formal announcement. So whatever...

Not to mention that Laura's been around for YEARS. If something was going to happen, it would have happened by now. I also think she's close to (if not already) 30, so several years older than even JD. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh, I know. It's just rather unorthodox, is all. Jessa also loves the attention, JD not so much. I doubt he'll marry an older woman. 

Society does raise its eyebrows more at an older woman with a younger man than the reverse, but if this young woman is 30 and JD is 27, that isn't enough to warrant much surprise. Jessa is the better part of three years older than Ben. However, I guess someone in the know is aware that she and Jana have been friends for years, so it doesn't sound like a courtship in the works.

I always thought it was very purposeful on Jim Bob's part that Jessa was older than Ben.  I figure Jim Bob knew some older guy too steeped in patriarchy might not be able to handle the willful Jessa.  I really don't think Jim Bob, no matter his faults, wants bad things for his children.  Plus, think of the horrible publicity it would bring if one of the Duggar girl's husband lost it on them.

• Love 2
On 11/28/2016 at 2:08 AM, Sew Sumi said:

Wow, you can really see that Mechelle had her teefs professionally whitened. Compare/contrast with Joy's virgin teeth. Yowza.

Maybe Michelle had to get all new space-age plastic teeth after she wore her own to the bone with her perpetual teeth-grinding grimaces.

7 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

I really don't think Jim Bob, no matter his faults, wants bad things for his children. 

That may be true, but the ship has sailed if it's the case. Cause virtually everything he's done in his whole adult life has been bad for his children. And continues to be.

• Love 6