Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

Wowzer. The media campaign, no doubt coordinated by TLC, is lying about Jeremy's career. They keep calling him a "soccer player" who "took a break" to do ministry and then returned to soccer.

No disclosure that the last team he played with is now defunct.

No disclosure that he is now, as he has been for more than a year, in charge of a small "planted" church in Laredo, under the auspices of a large San Antonio fundie/evangelical church. No disclosure that he was ordained by that church a few months ago.

No disclosure about his church praying the gay away as part of its teachings/ministry.

I hope people in the LGBTQ community get on this and make sure TLC advertisers know the truth.

• Love 12

Meek always meant to me someone who was the embodiment of being afraid to say boo to a goose.

It also means "passive".  I always thought Jinger had some spirit with her photography and wanting to go to the big city, but that appears to have been beaten out of her.

since his dad is a Fundy preacher also, no doubt his Italian sensibilities of expecting food at weddings are long gone.  I just hope this Duggar wedding is classier. Even with low expectations, it wouldn't be hard to do better than the tacky melted ice cream, grubby bare feet, and stale popcorn that we've seen thus far.

• Love 4

Coming from an enormous Catholic family myself, Jeremy's relatives are going to have a heart attack when they see a Duggar-style wedding. I won't even generalize and rag on Fundies because the Kellers and Maxhells managed to put on nice affairs, but let's just say, I hope none of the elder Vuolos are diabetics....

• Love 3
(edited)
59 minutes ago, Aja said:

I think "meek" means submissive. Everything he praises her for is submission in one form or another. Nothing new to see here.

I suppose that "meek" could apply to being submissive to God in general, and that's how he means it, but on the other hand it's not a term which ever seems to be applied to men.

I've watched a little bit of a couple of Jeremy's sermons, and also of his father's, and while I can't take too much of either, at least his father's style has some personality to it, and some sense that he is comfortable with who he is.

Maybe it's because Jeremy has more recently found this calling, but his sermons seem very focused on the vileness of humanity and filled with very cliched commentary on salvation. And his desperately intense intonation just creeps me out. His father, I could listen to with some interest, Jeremy, not so much.

I found it disturbing, in his talk of how he found himself ever further steeped in sin from his two years in public high school to college, that he recalled, as so many of these fundy types do, of first being aware of how desperately sinful a creature he was at the age of five. Why would a parent instill that in a child of that age? That seems like borderline abuse to my mind. The fact that he mentions being so impressed by Jinger's testimony (which, I seem to remember she made a video with one of her brothers a couple of years ago which said essentially the same thing - well, minus all those sins of the flesh in college) makes me think that this writhing guilt is going to be the general direction of their ministry.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe we should look on the bright side. He could be an ex-Mormon. Now there's some bitter.

You rang?  

Seriously though, anyone who willingly attaches themselves to this family with a calculated media campaign gets my side-eye. This man is famewhore/minister Ben and Derrick wish they could be. Why was a 28 year old man seeking out the company of a teen toilet scrubber and his uneducated mean girl wife?  Shut down Free Jinger, she's just got a gilded cage now. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe we should look on the bright side. He could be an ex-Mormon. Now there's some bitter.

What bothers me -- as always -- is that she probably barely knows him. Nor he her. Sad and troubling that none of them ever knows what they're getting into.

ETA: And as I think about it, this one worries me a lot more than the other two Duggar-female courtships. Why would a man of his age who's obviously had both jobs and a life try to get his woman from the Duggar pile, unless he was a) looking to use the family name and b) looking for an exceptionally malleable woman with absolutely zero power and a destroyed will that he can mold to his liking?

Bin sought out a Duggar for the name, too, but he was mostly a horny child and as such not a huge threat (plus he got mean-girl Jessa, who can take him). Derick sought out Duggardom, but that had to be at least partly because he's awkward, shy and kinda wimpy and probably had a lot of trouble getting girls in the past. But this one? Good looking, big, a former professional athlete -- certainly has tons of ego and almost certainly has had little or no trouble getting women in the past. Why would he be willing to join Jizm Bob's harem of bitches? He clearly wouldn't need it to get a wife.

Now here he is, way older, has had a penchant for drinking, seems pretty outspoken and articulate, says intense bitter things about having formerly been a slave to sin, is judgmental of both himself and others apparently, and is physically strong -- he's been a pro goalie. And now he's he's got in his clutches paper-thin, clingy, extra-appendage, sexually-abused-while-awake little Jinger -- who saw herself as evil and satanic from age five. People have speculated about potential for abuse from the other two guys and it hasn't really rung true to me. But this one? To me he looks like an emotional and physical abuse situation totally ready to happen. I fear for her. 

Yep, I sense Lifetime Movie material here too.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

That's why I'm calling "already engaged." Kim Jong Boob wasn't going to be left holding the bag and publicly humiliated yet again. 

I snorted at the name omg

In the Jason 16th birthday video, Jeremey states he was also at his 15th birthday. Seems he's been around.

I really hope if this courtship is filmed, there isn't any hand holding crap like Josh and Anna.

(edited)

He made the Howlers sit through a sermon about masturbation. It was filmed at the Pool House. I'll post it when I can get to a laptop. 

From what I've seen, this guy is scarier than Bin and Derelict combined. Poor, poor Jinger 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

He made the Howlers sit through a sermon about masturbation. I'll post it when I can get to a laptop. 

From what I've seen, this guy is scarier than Bin and Derelict combined. Poor, poor Jinger 

Oh GREAT. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Here it is. Play Spot the Howler over on the side. There's a rumor going around that he was caught with a guy on the soccer team at his first college and his dad made him transfer to Syracuse. However, I don't really buy that because he got his degree at the first school, and I don't think the college offers post-grad studies, so he went to Syracuse (and apparently had a year of soccer eligibility left). I think this crap is borne from his Born Again Virgin status. He says he was "caught," but in Fundie-ese, that could mean he got busted jacking off in the shower or something. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I agree and that's what makes me question Jeremy's intentions. If you base Jinger's emotional age at about 15, you have to wonder what's in it for a guy who, by all accounts, has lived a normal life. 

TV SHOW

Grifting.

That's it.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Lemur said:

Anyone post this gem yet?

Jeremy Spent A Night in Jail, Drank and Partied

Also, the more I read about this guy, the more I wanna punch him right in the junk. 

He's going to rid peeps of Teh Ghey.

I'm guessing one would need a microscope to find his junk. Sorry, Jinger.

3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Looks like the Inquisitr got all of our findings in one place. 

I think we should start demanding a byline and a cut of the fee the "writers" are getting paid. We're doing all of their research.

• Love 10
42 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Looks like the Inquisitr got all of our findings in one place. 

Was this the same site that actually quoted one of our posters a few months ago with a Josh sighting?

From the above article:

"Jinger Duggar’s boyfriend has also confessed to struggling with a desire for fame and attention. During an interview with the Daily Orange, Jeremy Vuolo revealed that the sports psychologist for the New York Red Bulls was skeptical when the aspiring soccer star tried to argue that his main goal of being a good goalie was to “glorify God.”

“And the sports psychologist would always question me and say, ‘Yeah, OK. I’m buying that a little bit, but I think there’s more to it than that,'” Vuolo said. “And he’d say, ‘I think you want more money and I think you want more fame and I think you want more attention and approval.'”

Jeremy Vuolo eventually realized that the psychologist was right. He claims that “the Lord began systematically humbling” him, and he gradually lost interest in the game that he once loved. In 2013, he announced he was quitting the sport to pursue his ministry career full-time. However, Jeremy decided to give soccer one more go three weeks later when he was presented with the opportunity to play for the San Antonio Scorpions. The team no longer exists, so his soccer career is seemingly over."

LOL.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Lemur said:

Also, the more I read about this guy, the more I wanna punch him right in the junk. 

Fuck!!!! I want that Jeremy to marry Jinger. The one who did college shit to laugh at 20 years later. By the way, i don't see a problem with the ages, not if it's older man or older woman. The problem I see is life experience. If Jinger had spent that time in college as the newspaper photographer, had a travel/social commentary blog and worked with some college charity group, it's  a whole different ballgame than; Jinger the girl who has never been alone, has been indoctrinated to not question anything her parents tell her and has been molested by her brother with no counselling. He is going for someone who has NO experience or development of thought processes. THEN, he says he likes her meek. Jebus. The only thing we can hope for is, he lightens up again and he stands up to JB and takes Jinger away. Seriously, this guy doesn't seem like the kind who could handle JB's domination, but does that mean he will protect Jinger, or take over ownership? 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm just curious as to what attracted him to Jinger over Jana, who would be the more age-appropriate choice. I guess Jessa shipped hard for her bestie, but you'd think a 28 year-old would want someone closer to his maturity level. I'm hoping he's not a David Waller-type control freak, but every son-in-law thus far has been a dud, so I don't get good vibes.

Maybe Jana didn't want a guy who clearly has 'given away pieces of his heart' as well as nibbles on his Jesus stick. 

Now I'm wondering if the JJCO remark Jana made about not settling was directed at Jinger rather than Jill & Jessa. Hmmmm

• Love 11
20 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Hello everyone! The mods are working at putting together a thread for Jinger and Jeremy. We may ask for thread name suggestions and letting everyone vote for their favorite thread title. So put your thinking caps on, and the mods will start working on this tomorrow.

JinJer

• Love 2
(edited)

Jeremy is a whack job, poor Jinger. She's in way over her head. Looks like Jana dodged another bullet. Maybe she's smarter than what I'm giving her credit for...

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jeremy is a whack job, poor Jinger. She's in way over her head. Looks like Jana dodged another bullet.

Well, she was getting a whack job anyway, at least he's tall, attractive and has a decent body. He also won't spend the honeymoon night wondering what to do. I just hope he swings back to 'normal' after he consummates the marriage. Let's hope this is all a sham. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

Fuck!!!! I want that Jeremy to marry Jinger. The one who did college shit to laugh at 20 years later. By the way, i don't see a problem with the ages, not if it's older man or older woman. The problem I see is life experience. If Jinger had spent that time in college as the newspaper photographer, had a travel/social commentary blog and worked with some college charity group, it's  a whole different ballgame than; Jinger the girl who has never been alone, has been indoctrinated to not question anything her parents tell her and has been molested by her brother with no counselling. He is going for someone who has NO experience or development of thought processes. THEN, he says he likes her meek. Jebus. The only thing we can hope for is, he lightens up again and he stands up to JB and takes Jinger away. Seriously, this guy doesn't seem like the kind who could handle JB's domination, but does that mean he will protect Jinger, or take over ownership? 

He says in the "story" blog post that he was attracted to Jinger from watching her testimony video. From what I remember of that video, she was tearful, guilt-ridden, and came off terribly weak. I guess that's what passes for a "meek" spirit in their world. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

Well, she was getting a whack job anyway, at least he's tall, attractive and has a decent body. He also won't spend the honeymoon night wondering what to do. I just hope he swings back to 'normal' after he consummates the marriage. Let's hope this is all a sham. 

I feel like he could crush poor tiny Jinger though . . . 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I suppose that "meek" could apply to being submissive to God in general, and that's how he means it, but on the other hand it's not a term which ever seems to be applied to men.

I've watched a little bit of a couple of Jeremy's sermons, and also of his father's, and while I can't take too much of either, at least his father's style has some personality to it, and some sense that he is comfortable with who he is.

Maybe it's because Jeremy has more recently found this calling, but his sermons seem very focused on the vileness of humanity and filled with very cliched commentary on salvation. And his desperately intense intonation just creeps me out. His father, I could listen to with some interest, Jeremy, not so much.

I found it disturbing, in his talk of how he found himself ever further steeped in sin from his two years in public high school to college, that he recalled, as so many of these fundy types do, of first being aware of how desperately sinful a creature he was at the age of five. Why would a parent instill that in a child of that age? That seems like borderline abuse to my mind. The fact that he mentions being so impressed by Jinger's testimony (which, I seem to remember she made a video with one of her brothers a couple of years ago which said essentially the same thing - well, minus all those sins of the flesh in college) makes me think that this writhing guilt is going to be the general direction of their ministry.

No wonder he found a soul mate in Bin.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lemur said:

Well, he'll fit right in. In this one we have the obligatory ex-Catholic disgusted with her former "filthy" "good deeds." And here I was afraid he might just be a pray-away-the-gay guy. Ugh.

Of course, since Jinger really saw "his heart" on a "mission" trip, I suppose her favorite thing about him is that he's a god-botherer. So that's cool.

1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

From the above article:

"Jinger Duggar’s boyfriend has also confessed to struggling with a desire for fame and attention. During an interview with the Daily Orange, Jeremy Vuolo revealed that the sports psychologist for the New York Red Bulls was skeptical when the aspiring soccer star tried to argue that his main goal of being a good goalie was to “glorify God.”

“And the sports psychologist would always question me and say, ‘Yeah, OK. I’m buying that a little bit, but I think there’s more to it than that,'” Vuolo said. “And he’d say, ‘I think you want more money and I think you want more fame and I think you want more attention and approval.'”

Jeremy Vuolo eventually realized that the psychologist was right. He claims that “the Lord began systematically humbling” him, and he gradually lost interest in the game that he once loved. In 2013, he announced he was quitting the sport to pursue his ministry career full-time. However, Jeremy decided to give soccer one more go three weeks later when he was presented with the opportunity to play for the San Antonio Scorpions. The team no longer exists, so his soccer career is seemingly over."

LOL.

I'm not convinced God cares that much about soccer goals.

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

Seriously, this guy doesn't seem like the kind who could handle JB's domination, but does that mean he will protect Jinger, or take over ownership? 

Or be going headlong into this without letting himself realize what it means about his control of his own life vis a vis Jim Bob. And when he does realize it, somewhere down the line, freaking out from his obvious issues and inadvertently taking it out on her. ..... It would be bad enough waking up one day subsumed into Duggardom if you were a dummy but somewhere near stable, as I think Bin and Derick are. But if you have very big unresolved issues of your own and maybe some hidden problems with impulse control or substances-- and that's the vibe I'm getting from this guy -- it would be a killer.

• Love 3

I wonder what Jilly Muffin's next move will be. There's no way TLC is going to spring for a camera crew in Danger America when there's a brand new courtship playing out at the gulag. Jinger will likely edge Jill out for screen time. Jessa is already going full-on Regina George by posting a Spurge video the day the courtship news broke, so I'm guessing a pregnancy announcement will come any day now. Ball's in your court, Jill.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, allonsyalice said:

"I called Ben and Jess and began asking them more questions about [Jinger] —of course, everything they said only confirmed what I had already been seeing: a humble, meek, modest, intelligent young woman with a burning desire to sacrificially serve the Lord in any way she could."

Bolding mine.  That right there gives me the heebie-jeebies.  Who actually looks for and applauds meekness in a spouse?  Patriarchal asswipes and abusers, that's who.  Gross.  Gross, gross, gross.

• Love 20

"I called Ben and Jess and began asking them more questions about [Jinger] —of course, everything they said only confirmed what I had already been seeing: a humble, meek, modest, intelligent young woman with a burning desire to sacrificially serve the Lord in any way she could."

That's the creepiest version of "she's godly" that I've ever seen.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

He made the Howlers sit through a sermon about masturbation. It was filmed at the Pool House. I'll post it when I can get to a laptop. 

OMG, a sermon about madturbation? Really? Now, that's messed up!!! I guess Boob has tried humiliating his sons, handcuffing them, and now humiliating them online.  No doubt Boob did his share of wanking as a teen. Hasn't he learned his lesson with Josh? We all know how well suppressing a young boy's natural curiosity worked for Josh,don't we?

Kim Jong Boob really is appropriate since he's basically a f---ing dictator.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Aja said:

Come at me, bro. I swear, I wish one of these douchecanoes that spend their lives wringing their hands about gay people actually SPOKE to a gay person. 

From the "testimonies" section of his church's website:

"Michael was challenged with the true Truth while on a college campus and he soon came to realize that his philosophy, atheism, logical and humanistic arguments could not stand against the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ."

Yes. Logic has no place in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

Got yourself a real tool, there, Jing. Well done.

The true Truth? Why can't any of these dipshits learn to WRITE?

i am not gay myself, but I've got your back, Aja. These jerks. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

The true Truth? Why can't any of these dipshits learn to WRITE?

i am not gay myself, but I've got your back, Aja. These jerks. 

As opposed to the false truth, amirite? *eye roll* They really are so stupid, and the worst part of it is, they ASPIRE to be stupid. Sounding even remotely intelligent is the equivalent of summoning Pazuzu with a ouija board with these people. 

And THANK YOU, platonic girlfriend! *bump*

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

More like a lamb to the slaughter. Looks like it's a done deal for our Jin...Jin Jins well being will be sacrificed for the show 

It's likely that they're already engaged.

• Love 1
(edited)

Wait, wait, so the "godly" family, who was already circling the drain due to sexual scandals and major issues around what's sexually appropriate, got the Howlers' future brother-in-law, who should under no circumstances have any knowledge of or interest in his pubescent, soon to be family members' sex lives, to come in and give a sermon on masturbation. What in the ever loving Hell?

Edited by satrunrose
Commas save lives.
  • Love 18

I had such hopes that this would be Jinger's escape.  But it seems as if it won't be.  However, I think Jinger is more of a force to be reckoned with than the other Js.  And Jeremy will soon see that, if he hadn't already. Meek is not a word that would describe what we have seen of Jinger.  

In regards to Jeremy's SCANDALOUS past (eye roll), I'm sure Jim Bob has heard all about it.  I'm sure it's NOTHING compared with what has been reported about Josh's exploits.  Actually, what a great way to show the world that he can be forgiving and accepting of the faults of others than to allow a "worldly" and obviously experienced (and adequately reformed) man court one of his daughters?  And don't forget that Michelle had a past before she met Jim Bob...

• Love 1

These people are a pox on the United States and need to be stopped. There's no hope for any of them based on Jinger's new guy. I feel so bad for James, Justin, Jackson, Hannie, Jenny and Jordyn and Josie because they really need to be rescued by Child Protective Services. The rest are a lost cause.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

He's going to rid peeps of Teh Ghey.

I'm guessing one would need a microscope to find his junk. Sorry, Jinger.

I think we should start demanding a byline and a cut of the fee the "writers" are getting paid. We're doing all of their research.

HA!  Love that spelling.  Am I the only one starting to wonder if they prayed away teh ghey from him?  Rumors aside, his little church having that as a part of what they do makes me wonder.  Even if they believed they could pray it away, why waste their god's time praying that away when there are you know, actual wars, slaughter, and real tragedies that need tending to.  I am not a believer but I suspect if I am wrong and there IS a god, they are going to have a very angry heavenly father wondering why they were so hateful to all his children and wasted the time on tv being judgy asshats. 

• Love 17