Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It isn't. Boob is worth an estimated 3 mil. The least he could do is take each child to the restaurant of their choice for their birthday, especially considering none of these kids get attention any other time of the year. 

I don't think it's just because he's cheap (even though that's a big part of it). The Gothard child-raising philosophy (which Jim Bob and Michelle have followed enthusiastically) is all about stamping out individuality. A child is not a person in his own right; he's a soldier in God's army, a faceless cog in the machine. The whole focus is a denial of personality: dressing them all in identical frumpers, cramming adults into children's dormitories, using the same three or four descriptions ("godly", "inspiration", "servant's heart") for all of them, giving the same birthday "treat" to a 27-year-old man and a 7-year-old girl. The underlying message is always "Don't get cocky, you're nobody special."

• Love 16
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It isn't. Boob is worth an estimated 3 mil. The least he could do is take each child to the restaurant of their choice for their birthday, especially considering none of these kids get attention any other time of the year. 

You missed an important point in this post. What choices do they have? They can barely get out alone unless it's to an "approved" Christian establishment. Or Aldi (but I bet they don't shop there anymore). Ben and Co. looked like they were in Whole Paycheck stocking up for the baby shower game. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

You missed an important point in this post. What choices do they have? They can barely get out alone unless it's to an "approved" Christian establishment. Or Aldi (but I bet they don't shop there anymore). Ben and Co. looked like they were in Whole Paycheck stocking up for the baby shower game. 

I suspect they were in a Kroger...something about the floor that's typical of every Kroger I've ever been in in Texas or Louisiana, even the upscale ones. I wouldn't expect the Arkansas Kroger to look any different. Shopping at Whole Foods is too classy for the Duggar ilk--.even though there's plenty of pre chopped produce and salad mix there, but too exotic for their plebeian tastes.  WF doesn't sell the processed crap that Duggars eat, either.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar

"Your faithfulness in rising early to spend time alone with God in prayer and in His word is an inspiration."

I wonder if he is really rising early to spend time alone with God or just getting up early to spend time alone pleasuring himself.

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, ariel said:

"Your faithfulness in rising early to spend time alone with God in prayer and in His word is an inspiration."

I wonder if he is really rising early to spend time alone with God or just getting up early to spend time alone pleasuring himself.

34 minutes ago, ariel said:

Exactly what I was thinking!

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, ariel said:

He would be the only Duggar who rises early. Maybe he's the one who gets the Starbucks.

16 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

You are such a diligent worker! When you are asked to do a job, you'll get it done without complaint and you often return to see what else there is that you can do to help!

Another Duggbot besides Jana and JD and Anna that actually does something, so JB and Michelle don't have to.

4 hours ago, sometimesy said:

Anyone look back fondly on their 22nd birthday and remember sitting between mom and dad, enjoying a free sundae? Then they plop an advertisement in as a birthday blurb...poor j legal adult.

I actually work with a fundie from a Duggar-like family.  She just turned 25 and her plans were to have her favorite dinner and cake with her family (parents and siblings - she's single), then play board games.  That's nice I guess, but come on - get a life!  They're well to do though and her parents did give her a new car too and they let her work.

As for the drippy sundaes, it is simply not possible that they all like the same stupid treat.  Those poor kids!

Edited by BetyBee
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

All I can think about when I see those drippy sundaes is the total waste of hot fudge.  

If it was GOOD fudge, I would scrape and eat every last drip right off the dish side and plate bottom. No waste.  ;)

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

He gets up before noon.

And he likes to do things in solitude and not be annoyed by 100 small people when he does things.  My guess is he likes to read (something foreign to most of those at TTH) and he can't get that done when the little ones start scootering around inside.  Especially as there is nowhere they can go to be alone.  

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, LittlePeas3 said:

And he likes to do things in solitude and not be annoyed by 100 small people when he does things.  My guess is he likes to read (something foreign to most of those at TTH) and he can't get that done when the little ones start scootering around inside.  Especially as there is nowhere they can go to be alone.  

Isn't Joe the chess player? Chess people seem to like quiet and solitude to read their chess books. My dad was big on chess, liked getting up early to pursue his intellectual pleasures away from kids and later grandkids so he could enjoy them later in the day. Muffy ate in the bathroom, Joe gets up early, Michelle hides out in her room...with 30 people on the compound, if one wants a bit of privacy, it seems like it's a challenge.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Isn't Joe the chess player? Chess people seem to like quiet and solitude to read their chess books. My dad was big on chess, liked getting up early to pursue his intellectual pleasures away from kids and later grandkids so he could enjoy them later in the day. Muffy ate in the bathroom, Joe gets up early, Michelle hides out in her room...with 30 people on the compound, if one wants a bit of privacy, it seems like it's a challenge.

He is also the only one to go to Clown College, so he might be a little intellectual too

• Love 3
10 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

He is also the only one to go to Clown College, so he might be a little intellectual too

Joe actually impressed me during the Joshgate 1 interviews. He could piece together a sentence. He didn't look brainwashed or like he was just repeating Gothard phrases. He actually seemed to understand that what Josh did was wrong, not normal, wasn't dealt with in the best manner, and that his sisters are actual humans with feelings who were abused. 

I don't know if he spent more than a semester or year at Crown College, but at least he was willing to leave the compound and do something that required thinking, not grifting, etc. He seems to actually want to know why they do the things they do, not just do it or die and go straight to hell, because somebody at ATI said so. That's leaps and bounds from standard Duggarthink.

Joe is the Alyssa Bates of the Duggar family. I can actually see him going conservative Christian instead of full on fundie. I hope so, and I hope he can be the escape route for some of the younger kids.

• Love 14
40 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Joe actually impressed me during the Joshgate 1 interviews. He could piece together a sentence. He didn't look brainwashed or like he was just repeating Gothard phrases. He actually seemed to understand that what Josh did was wrong, not normal, wasn't dealt with in the best manner, and that his sisters are actual humans with feelings who were abused. 

He impressed me as well. Joe actually sounded intelligent and composed, and was the only one who kept it real as the rest of the family carefully read off their cue cards. I was shocked because he'd always come off as a clueless dolt in previous seasons. It's too bad he can't score a Bates girl, because I think he'd enjoy living in Tennessee and working with the brothers running Gil's tree business. 

• Love 7

I  know this is the back of a girl's head with Joe Duggar, but I saw a side shot, and it's believed that this is a girl with the last name of Caldwell who has been hanging around with him since even before Jinger's wedding. This pic comes from the Planned Parenthood rally from Sunday. 

FullSizeRender.jpg.c74ba959a47e6fbcae991973710c546a.jpg

• Love 3
On 1/20/2017 at 4:54 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Aaaaaaand, we have a drippy sundae...

16113900_968389436628039_31031701913384682_n.jpg

Caption: 

"Happy birthday Joseph! 

As you were growing up we remember you being our sweet, smiley, quiet, little fella. Now you have grown into a strong, quiet & tender young man!

Your faithfulness in rising early to spend time alone with God in prayer and in His word is an inspiration.

You are such a diligent worker! When you are asked to do a job, you'll get it done without complaint and you often return to see what else there is that you can do to help!

We are grateful for your love for others and your leadership qualities as you encourage and disciple other young guys to take their relationship with God seriously.

May you continue to walk humbly with Jesus all the days of your life!

We love you Joe!
Mom & Dad"

Oh, dear..........no, Joe, no.  I am so sorry.  You're adorable.  You should be out drinking craft beer at a bar with your friends.  Not seated between your two famewhore parents while some waiter takes your picture so your parents can post it on social media to prove that they not only remember your birthday, but remember you, period.

Why is it that JB gets to keep his "looks" (please note, I do not find him attractive in any way) while his sons are aging exponentially?  I mean, I know it's because the Duggar kids were raised to have little to no voice or intellectual drive, but look - there sits Mr. Jim Bob Smugpants in all his hairsprayed glory, while the majority of his sons are nearly bald, have the complexions of ghosts, and appear emotionally stunted.

As for those stupid generic sundaes, that's a huge waste of hot fudge.  Even if it was good, I don't think I could scrape it off the OUTSIDE of the glass, knowing that someone had to pick it up to make the sundae in the first place.  And listen, I love hot fudge.  But not only is that gross, it ticks me off to no end that Ma and Pa Dimbulb cannot even PRETEND to give their kids something unique for each of their birthdays.  Lazy, shameful parenting.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Why is it that JB gets to keep his "looks" (please note, I do not find him attractive in any way) while his sons are aging exponentially?  I mean, I know it's because the Duggar kids were raised to have little to no voice or intellectual drive, but look - there sits Mr. Jim Bob Smugpants in all his hairsprayed glory, while the majority of his sons are nearly bald, have the complexions of ghosts, and appear emotionally stunted.

That's so weird as to how the boys went from really cute to almost homely seemingly overnight JD was never cute, but Joe was a very nice looking lad and now he looks terrible ...Si still has some of his "puppy" looks. One of the boy twins still looks cute. Does JB beat those poor boys with an ugly stick or what? I wouldn't be surprised if the Jim Boob Lego head hair helmet is actually a hairpiece.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

That's so weird as to how the boys went from really cute to almost homely seemingly overnight JD was never cute, but Joe was a very nice looking lad and now he looks terrible

I don't get it because despite his personality, Boob isn't an atrocious looking guy. He's definitely aged a lot since Joshgates, but he doesn't look bad for a guy in his 50s. I don't know where the boys get their "aging in dog years" genes from. I wonder if the males on Michelle's side go downhill quickly.

Well, there's that picture of Mechelle's dad in WWII uniform, so he would have been somewhere between JD and Joe in age. He was a dead ringer for JD. I'll see if I ever downloaded it to post here and report back. 

Found it! 

UHP-IND453.jpg

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

Joe is a 22 year old young man who should be out partying with his friends not stuck at Marketplace Grill getting a free sundae like he's a child. That restaurant should change its policies so only those who are under 18 year old get a free sundae on their birthday. The Duggar's are such goddamn grifters.

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, Michelle's dad is a better looking version of JD. Maybe the Duggar boys just need to get laid to turn back the hands of time.

I guess Jeremy's anti masturbation sermons are also helping to age those poor boys. Denied the young boy curious about his body right to wank...is surely going to age them. Jim Boob is a miserable prude...you can bet he wanked...he also married young so he got 8 years of oats over poor never been kissed JD.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Oh, dear..........no, Joe, no.  I am so sorry.  You're adorable.  You should be out drinking craft beer at a bar with your friends.  Not seated between your two famewhore parents while some waiter takes your picture so your parents can post it on social media to prove that they not only remember your birthday, but remember you, period.

This is so pathetic :(  makes me embarrassed for him as an adult to be out with mommy and daddy getting ice cream instead of celebrating in an adult fashion!  

I do see jinger in the dark eyes. She doesn't look much like her parents or siblings but I do see the resemblance to her grandpa. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

No, not implying a dark eye color, but the eyelids and shape of the eyes and the way they're set make her eyes look darker.

Yes, this is what I meant :-). 

14 hours ago, flyingdi said:

Jim Bob would tell you it's the children that keep him young.  He sucks the life force from them like some kind of weird vampire.

Yes, that's how they know he's tender.

• Love 4

There's a niece of Michelle's who could double for Jinger's older twin.  I went deep into the Facebook stalking one night and thought Jinger had gone nuts and cut her hair into a bob. I don't feel comfortable posting her picture here but you can see which kids got which genes when you look at the Ruark clan.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
On 2/1/2017 at 4:40 PM, BitterApple said:

Wow, Michelle's dad is a better looking version of JD. Maybe the Duggar boys just need to get laid to turn back the hands of time.

Well honestly, this is probably somewhat true.  The Duggar boys just look so beaten down when facing the reality of their lives as they become men.  They need to be out playing shortstop on their company's softball team, or going out for a beer on Friday after work, or spending Saturdays hiking with a girlfriend, getting fresh air, enjoying LIFE.  It's honestly no wonder they lose their looks so fast.  What do they have to look forward to that's new and exciting?  What chances and risks are they allowed to take?  No doubt each one of the Duggar kids would have something to offer if only they were allowed to be their own person, and surely it would show on their faces and posture and overall attitude.

I loathe JB and Michelle.

• Love 10
On 1/12/2017 at 7:17 AM, JoanArc said:

I still hope she's embezzling from boob. He's so dumb I could see her robbing him blind.

I wish I thought this.

But experience suggests to me that Jim Boob is one of those people who is incredibly stupid about everything except knowing how to manipulate people and knowing how to hold onto his own money and grab other people's. I expect he uses every single brain cell to great advantage on those two enterprises, and has from babyhood, so there's simply zero brain power left over to be intelligent in any other way. I was raised by a Jim Bob (or at least by a what-I-take-Jim-Bob-to-be-because-I-think-I-see-intense-similarities). They look stupid. And they are in most ways the rest of us would value. But they're incredibly shrewd where it matters to them -- control and cash. 

For the Duggarlings' sake, I hope you're right, though. Embezzle your little heart out, Jana. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4