Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

TLC might plant a small crew in TX to film J & J and J & A, which, in a sense, is still an extension of JB and his money.

Damn TLC is just counting on milking this cow until it finally runs dry which by the looks of things will be never.

• Love 3

Josh and Anna aren't in Texas. (I have no idea what other J & A you can be referring to.) Boob has Smugs in AR where he can keep an eye on him! And I bet you everything I own that he will be BACK onscreen next season. So far, I've heard NO assurances from TLC to the contrary. 

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Josh and Anna aren't in Texas. (I have no idea what other J & A you can be referring to.) Boob has Smugs in AR where he can keep an eye on him! And I bet you everything I own that he will be BACK onscreen next season. So far, I've heard NO assurances from TLC to the contrary. 

Joy and Austin. Oops, they're not in TX.

The 200 year old plan would be better if they trained some to enter business, law and education, that is,  if they want to make a real impact on the world other than just harming the environment.

J-Rod would just salivate at the opportunity to hook her kids up to a Dugg life. Bin preaches that compatibility doesn't matter, in fact, it's a greater sacrifice to marry someone who challenges you (or some such nonsense). There must be more Anna's around.

Jana seems to have delegated the niece and nephew care to the lost girls, the older sisters are just about out of reach to annoy her, so I think right now the TTH is getting pretty comfortable. When grooms are cast for the lost girls, Jana can just walk away, sell her little building and keep walking.

psst Jana, remember, embezzle.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Nysha said:

As long as Derrick and Ben are working on "Duggar Time", they'll always be available for filming whenever and whatever TLC wants, if they had their own jobs, TLC would have to film around that and they'd be limited to specials instead of a series.

I think this is the real reason why Derrick left his full-time accounting job with Wal-Mart (well, that and Jill's incessant clinging). I'm sure that he is sincere about being a missionary, but the fact that his missionary work could be done on "Duggar Time" and could be worked around TLC's filming schedule was no accident.

• Love 4

Is the pic above from Jinger's wedding? JD talking to 2 beautiful ladies and even touching their shoulders for a pic?? Here's hoping he chatted it up with some women and thus realized that he CAN talk to women and here's hoping some women realize that he is a hard working, sincere guy - nothing like his father or older brother.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

The girl's original choice of outfit might very well have been a mite defrauding for young Austin who had probably never seen cleavage in his life...I doubt anyone else there would have had a belt that would fit the guy, but there was nothing all that defrauding about him in any case.

... I remember thinking that those parents didn't seem nearly as strict as the previews made them out to be, outside of expecting everyone to actually pitch in and do their share, nor as overtly religious (though I suppose they probably edited some of that out). 

But it doesn't matter that he was chubby and sloppy. He was allowed to have underwear hanging out, which no woman in the Gothard world ever could, regardless of her appearance. It's a double standard. And we know they're Gothard from some of the buzzwords they let slip, such as "defrauding," so they definitely had their religiousness edited out or decided to keep it to a minimum. But it's there.

20 hours ago, Absolom said:

Even full on fundies are not all quiverful so their pool is even smaller or JB will have to loosen some of his beliefs to get them all married eventually.  After Josh, none have contracted ATI/IBLP marriages so Jim Bob may be considered "poison" in the circles that they actually inhabit. 

Joy will officially be the first ATI/IBLP courtship since Josh and Anna, yes. But the older boys better hope that they can find some young women in the cult who are willing to overlook the poison, because I think it'll be a lot harder for them to court outside the belief system.

8 hours ago, Malvina said:

Do we know who they are? I actually have gotten fond of old JD but he is really not looking good here!

• Love 5

I usually can't stomach watching more than a few minutes of the show, but I actually made it through the entire Jinger's Wedding ep . . . and I was struck more than anything else by how very socially awkward poor JD is. He clearly didn't have a clue how to interact with the other groomsmen, despite Jeremy's kind efforts to include him in the fun. His general weirdness and his increasingly unfortunate looks make me feel really sorry for him. If he's happy being single, good for him. But if not, I pray that he finds a sweet, plain Christian girl; that they have a happy marriage; and that they have a reasonable number of sweet, funny-looking children.

• Love 20
21 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

All that actually puzzles me a bit... Going from the video from when the courtship was announced, it appears that Austin took her to a special spot to ask her, and since we have no video, I'm assuming he took her up there alone. Now, I suppose that was a spot where the two of them might have been along with a bunch of other people, and maybe he was allowed to take her up there unchaperoned if the parents knew he would be asking her to court...though it seems to me that if there was any real attraction between them, that would have been the perfect opportunity to show some physical affection unobserved. It just seems off, given what we know about these families, that they would allow these two so much apparent freedom with each other.

I keep thinking of the one scene in Fiddler on the Roof, where Tevye and Golde are discussing Tzeitel and Motel's relationship (bear with me if I don't get it quite right....I haven't seen it in at least 15 years)

"..they play..."

"They play? What do they play?"

"Who knows...they're children"

"From such children come other children"

Love the perfect use of the Fiddler quote.

Maybe J and A went up to the mountain with a ring of accountability partners who surrounded them at 10 paces and turned their backs while listening closely, though. I just can't imagine them being allowed to go alone, And it wouldn't have seemed strange to Joy to be asked to walk somewhere and have other people trailing along with her. It probably would seem strange to her if that didn't happen.

When I first left home, I made a gigantic nuisance of myself by following my friends and acquaintances everywhere and never going anywhere unless I had someone to follow there. And it wasn't in the least an accountability-partner thing with me personally. Nobody in my family had even presented the practice as a matter of principle or belief like that. It's just that noone ever was left alone or allowed to choose their own activity or hang out with anybody outside the family without the whole family right there. So even though I was, in theory, strongly rejecting those things, in practice I was just doing what had been my lifelong normal. Joy might have freaked out if she and Austin had walked up to that spot on their own!

• Love 4
16 hours ago, sometimesy said:

The 200 year old plan would be better if they trained some to enter business, law and education, that is,  if they want to make a real impact on the world other than just harming the environment.

It's not really funny, I guess. But lol.

Of course it won't matter because they're harming the environment with the goal of helping Jesus come quicker and turn this whole shebang into his Kingdom. Which, I would gather, must have no environmental issues.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm feeling full on snarkful, and gonna say that JD probably has a good shot with either of those young ladies.

If I could get him to limit his crazy family's intrusiveness and have Jana come with us, JD has a good shot with me. #spinstersunite

• Love 10

Seriously I don't think it would take much to 'claim' JD. I'm shocked a Marj type hasn't come along and said the Lord laid it upon her heart during this season of life to purpose to minister with him and he'd go 'ok'. 

If you can stand his family and make sammiches, and not want conversation, he'd be a decent husband. 

• Love 17
29 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Seriously I don't think it would take much to 'claim' JD. I'm shocked a Marj type hasn't come along and said the Lord laid it upon her heart during this season of life to purpose to minister with him and he'd go 'ok'. 

If you can stand his family and make sammiches, and not want conversation, he'd be a decent husband. 

Mmmm.  Sammiches.

• Love 6

great minds think alike? What goes on in their 'great minds' I wonder?

i really wonder how Jana doesn't go stir crazy living in that house her whole adult life, and if the kids don't listen to music, talk with friends, watch tv or read books from the library, seriously what do they do in that house day after day, especially the young adults.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

If I could get him to limit his crazy family's intrusiveness and have Jana come with us, JD has a good shot with me. #spinstersunite

Seriously??? I'm 33 and single but not that desperate! JD would likely never go on Ashley Madison but an interesting and enlightened husband he would not be. Maybe it's because I'm agnostic and liberal and love books that I find the idea so repulsive. Not saying he's a terrible guy but I really don't think he has any thoughts beyond machinery, and although he doesn't strike me as the harsh type, as far as we know he's sold on their core beliefs -- patriarchy, anti gay rights, etc.

And Churchhoney, you've got that right!

8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Gothard will look down there.

Edited by becca3891
  • Love 5

Seriously is JohnDavid still sleeping in the boys bunk room with Jackson and all of the other boys?  I mean really.  No wonder he'd be awkward around adult men and women, he's still having slumber parties with boys and teenagers which isn't his fault.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, Defrauder said:

Seriously is JohnDavid still sleeping in the boys bunk room with Jackson and all of the other boys?  I mean really.  No wonder he'd be awkward around adult men and women, he's still having slumber parties with boys and teenagers which isn't his fault.

It is so sad for all the kids to be raised this way.  I would love to hear a child psychologist's view on this subject. A person needs some alone time no matter how old they are.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Defrauder said:

I agree and his lack of socialization was on full display at Jinger's wedding. JD was like a stuffy old man the way he isolated himself from the groomsmen. I know it can be hard when you're the odd one out and everyone else knows each other, but Bin didn't seem to have any problem and he was a homeschooled Fundie. I don't know what went down behind closed doors at the TTH, but the Duggar kids are just warped in every way possible.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I agree and his lack of socialization was on full display at Jinger's wedding. JD was like a stuffy old man the way he isolated himself from the groomsmen. I know it can be hard when you're the odd one out and everyone else knows each other, but Bin didn't seem to have any problem and he was a homeschooled Fundie. I don't know what went down behind closed doors at the TTH, but the Duggar kids are just warped in every way possible.

Ok, I'm just going to throw this out there. Yes, JD may just be shy, awkward & poorly socialized. But he also may have limited social skills due to an autistic spectrum disorder or another disorder.

My 14yo son was diagnosed as high functioning autistic at age 3. Thanks to a great deal of intensive early intervention and nonstop therapy through the years he is doing great.

The thing is, if one of the Duggars had such an issue I highly doubt it would be addressed. Or at least addressed properly. I know the investment we made in my son in terms of time, individualized attention, patience and $$$. In a family w/19 kids such an investment would be next to impossible.

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 13
On 11/19/2016 at 7:35 PM, Albanyguy said:

I think he decided long ago that Jana will be the official stay-at-home spinster daughter. She will continue running the house and raising the young 'uns until Josie gets married and then she will segue into waiting hand and foot on Jim Bob and Michelle in their old age (Michelle has no intention of spending her golden years chained to a washer/dryer like Grandma Duggar).  Of the older girls, Jana was the obvious choice for the sacrificial lamb: Jill is Jim Bob's favorite daughter and Jessa is Michelle's favorite, so they were "rewarded" with husbands, weddings and gift registries. Jana is nobody's favorite and deserves no consideration. Of course, they can't acknowledge that publicly without making themselves look bad, so they foster the notion that Jana is "picky" and that she's  holding out for Prince Charming to arrive.

I'm thinking this is all true and it infuriates me.  Jana is by far the most beautiful of the Duggar girls (IMO), seems to have a kind soul, has a brain, and a desire to learn.  And yet, there's just nothing for her except - by virtue of being the first-born daughter - to raise her siblings and then care for her parents.  I want more for Jana.  I want Jana to want more for Jana, but I wonder if she is capable of thinking outside her tiny corner of the world, the corner her awful parents have firmly placed her in, and told her to "stay."

On 11/20/2016 at 11:54 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

JD looks 40 years old. 

Oh, J.D......in that picture, he almost looks like a dad standing between his two daughters.

21 hours ago, Malvina said:

Um...slow news day, Duggars?  However, again - Jana looks lovely.  I need her to escape.  This hurts my soul.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 9

I really would love for Jana to meet somebody at Lowe's. I wonder if JB is allowing her to pursue some interests now to look normal, or if it's because the younger kids are getting more self-sufficient. If it's the latter, that's sad. Her life at 26 is already following the path of a normal SAHM, who spends most of the time caring for the kids until they get slightly older, at which point she has more free time to pursue other activities. I wish she was at the life stage of a typical 26-year-old, either in a career or married with perhaps a baby of her own. It's like she is 40 already, and isn't encouraged to focus on starting out like her siblings are. 

• Love 3
On November 9, 2016 at 9:21 AM, DOBABYR said:

Jana

IMG_7474.PNG

I wonder if this is the same group of girls who revealed that Jana is a big fan of cheese. They seem to know her better than her parents.

I saw that the young woman who replaced the shower head with Jana is a teacher and has a masters degree from a real school.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 3

When the first Josh scandal broke, I think it was Gawker that had a comments sections where people were anonymously sharing their Duggar stories. One person who claimed to have worked on the show said that a bunch of crew member were in a restaurant/bar having beers, and JD happened to be walking by and saw them through the window. He went to JB, who had a very serious talking-to with the crew about their wickedness. Assuming the story is true...yes, JD is probably socially awkward and messed up due to his upbringing, but it's highly likely that he's also a judgmental asshole who didn't approve of whatever mild non-Gothard discussion was going on among the groomsmen and deliberately held himself apart from them rather than simply being awkward and uncomfortable. 

• Love 12

If JB wants the show to keep going he needs to let Jana find a groom. Joy is a dimwit. The boys are unattractive and boring (Josiah was an energetic and bright child and now he is one of the creepiest). The twins will be legal soon, so a super young wedding would be a great draw. The sinner twin needs a spectacular bride, give the non-sinner Nurie.  JD would not even make a great clip. Just twirl Joe around 3 times in a circle of girls/non-sister bridesmaids and let him stumble over to whoever and propose, hopefully he 'gets' a bright, ambitious bride with more independence than the lame duck grooms Boob has been bringing into the cult. By then they can start on the boys we can't remember and then it picks up when the lost girls get married, because we don't even know them and there aren't a lot of flashbacks. Then Josie can babytalk her vows to some caretaker while swinging her body around like a toddler.. Good girl Josie now can you kiss the groom?

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, Malvina said:

I love Duggar Diversion Time. These pics are from Monday. I guess they think that they're such speshul snowflakes that the paps chase them everywhere. Sorry, the paps only care about scooping People for wedding pics. Other than that Duggars,we have no fucks to give.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Who is Nurie and why is one twin a sinner?

Nurie is the oldest daughter of the creepy Jill Rodriquez family with 12-13 kids that travels around in a motorhome grifting for Christ. There's a picture of Jill and her slob of a husband sitting behind the Duggars at Jinger's Wedding. They're crazier than the Duggars.

One twin had his head shorn and attended Gothard's military styled Alert Academy so posters figured he was a bad boy.

• Love 6