Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, louannems said:

One of the twins thanked his mom for "having" him.  Is that normal?

Neither of my three ever thanked me for having them.  I mean, the kids are here, not because they chose to be born, but really, due to unprotected sex!

I always thanked my mom for having me. It was kind of a joke but not really. 

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I swear, the only one I can distinguish is James, owner of the saddest birthday in history. He doesn’t look like the rest of them to me. 

The 2 boys I can always recognize are James "Lil Snarky" Duggar and Jackson "wants to be a Superstar" Duggar.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I think it depends on the context. Does everything in the world revolve around you? If not, then it's probably normal that your kids don't regularly thank you for having them.

Remember that the entire world revolves around J'chelle's magic uterus. She spent her valuable time incubating those two ingrates. She also nursed them for 6 whole months before handing them off to their 8 year old sister mom. They'd better say thank you.

Exactly. If you’ll notice, J’Twin didn’t thank Michelle for raising him. 

• Love 5

What the HECK is Michelle taking? If it was Xanax, she would have upped her dose over the years for it to be effective.  Unless she only medicates for filming...but that doesn’t explain the home made videos over the years.

Edited to add that I put this post here due to her history of zoned out messages and appearing to leave all motherly duties to Jana

Edited by OneMoreStop
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I swear, the only one I can distinguish is James, owner of the saddest birthday in history. He doesn’t look like the rest of them to me. 

I can also always identity Justin because he is the only Duggar boy that has bangs.  Instead of the gelled pompadour.

And of course I know Jackson; he is the little boy who never grows!

• Love 1
17 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Ha! I think they're both reasonably attractive, but Jed looks fairly similar to the other older brothers (minus Josh), which means his looks will start to decline quickly, whereas Jer (the one with the hat and darker, curlier hair) doesn't look quite as Duggar-ish.

I still can't keep track of which one is sinner twin. Jed? He was the one laying it on thick to "Momma" in the video, so I guess he's reformed, or learned to play along.

Jer is sinner twin. Right?

Speaking of Jason, he's almost ready to join the Lonely Js Club. Damn. How are they going to marry all these boys off if even the snarkers can't keep their names straight?

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

No idea. All I know is I get corrected every time I try to remember... I could have sworn I guessed Jer last time, and was told no, but maybe I'm not remembering that right.

I think I'd prefer if Jer was... He just lurks there quietly in the video, and I can pretend he's plotting his escape. 

1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Speaking of Jason, he's almost ready to join the Lonely Js Club. Damn. How are they going to marry all these boys off if even the snarkers can't keep their names straight?

Maybe it'd actually be easier. Isn't there some rumor that Kendra and one of the twins were sniffing about each other and then JB or someone removed the twin and inserted Joe into the "relationship" because Joe was older and needed a spouse more...and voila? Apparently it was all the same to Kendra.

If you find a desperate fundie girl/family with a not-so-secret desire to ride the Duggar fame train, maybe having interchangeable sons would be an advantage. Let the suitor fam get a whiff of Duggarness and then just palm off whichever 10-year-old/balding-old-man you're more desperate to unload at that moment. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, louannems said:

IAnd of course I know Jackson; he is the little boy who never grows!

Just look for the professional photobomber in each pic.

9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jer is indeed the sinner twin who went to ALERT. He's the one with curly hair

But most likely didn't come back with it.

8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe it'd actually be easier. Isn't there some rumor that Kendra and one of the twins were sniffing about each other and then JB or someone removed the twin and inserted Joe into the "relationship" because Joe was older and needed a spouse more...and voila? Apparently it was all the same to Kendra.

If you find a desperate fundie girl/family with a not-so-secret desire to ride the Duggar fame train, maybe having interchangeable sons would be an advantage. Let the suitor fam get a whiff of Duggarness and then just palm off whichever 10-year-old/balding-old-man you're more desperate to unload at that moment. 

OK, everything about this had me ROTFLMAO ....and then made me remember to take my dog outside.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It's weird because I think Sinner Twin and Other Twin are way hotter than Joe, and around the same age as Kendra, so if there was a mutual attraction why did the parents put the kibosh on it? 

Gotta get the older ones married off before the younger ones I suppose. JD is the self proclaimed Bachelor Until the Rapture(TM) so it was either Joe or Josiah next.

Granted I suspect JB would arrange a double wedding for Jed and Jer. Two marriages, one wedding! Yet another example of the Duggars saving the difference!

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

How old is Kendra’s sister? Maybe they have her in the queue for one of the other boys.

Edited by Genevrier
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Wasn't it one of the nonsense tabloids who carried that tale of Kendra starting out with one brother and switching?  I tend to doubt there is much if any fact in it.

Yeah, I don;t think it has much credibility either. Unlike most of the rumors I see in those things, though, this one makes a story that I love. ;  )

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

Wasn't it one of the nonsense tabloids who carried that tale of Kendra starting out with one brother and switching?  I tend to doubt there is much if any fact in it.

The only reason I even believed it at all is because I’m pretty sure Kendra and a twin were photographed at one of the early weddings sitting next to each other.  I think that was also the season that they started pimping Pastor Caldwell and his mechanic-mentorships with the Duggar boys.  Then we didn’t really hear anything about Kendra and the Pastor until she started courting Joe publically.

But I still think Kendra/the Caldwell’s were sniffing around the Duggar’s for a courtship and she crushed on Joe the most.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

17 or 18, depending on her birthday. Definitely of courting age in their circle. Remember, Marjorie Jackson was only 17 when the Josiah courtship was announced.

I think/hope they won't do that again (court at 17), especially since they got burned last time. I think TLC would be reluctant to show a wedding for a person who isn't 18. 

• Love 1

They could put off a wedding until she turns 18, which I think is fairly soon, if it hasn't already passed. 

Who's the lucky JBoy? Josiah? Or one of the twins? Josiah is back on Insta, but he's posting very generic stuff with nary a whiff of a non-family female to be found. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

17 or 18, depending on her birthday. Definitely of courting age in their circle. Remember, Marjorie Jackson was only 17 when the Josiah courtship was announced.

I always forget about poor Marjorie.  I wonder if she ever stops and thanks her lucky stars that she dodged several bullets.  She could be the very young mother of at least two Duggar spawn right now. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 22
8 hours ago, floridamom said:

ROTFLMAO....what's that?

rolling on the floor laughing my ass off 

So...I'm excited because that was the goal of my post, and the kind of goal I very seldom achieve. lol

8 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I always forget about poor Majorie.  I wonder if she ever stops and thanks her lucky stars that she dodged several bullets.  She could be the very young mother of at least two Duggar spawn right now. 

I wouldn't be surprised if thanks for that was part of her prayers every single day. Her parents' prayers, too, maybe. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11

I don't know if you guys saw this, but three days ago Caleb joined the "I'm Not Dating Jana Duggar" boys club. Apparently, he felt the need to address a one-day tabloid rumor that surfaced weeks ago and nobody's cared about since. This poor girl won't have a shred of dignity left by the time she hits 30:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1757851857599496&id=753181671399858

*Mods, Caleb encouraged everyone to share the post and his FB page is public, so hopefully it's okay to link this.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I don't know if you guys saw this, but three days ago Caleb joined the "I'm Not Dating Jana Duggar" boys club. Apparently, he felt the need to address a one-day tabloid rumor that surfaced weeks ago and nobody's cared about since. This poor girl won't have a shred of dignity left by the time she hits 30:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1757851857599496&id=753181671399858

*Mods, Caleb encouraged everyone to share the post and his FB page is public, so hopefully it's okay to link this.

I swear this is like the 2nd time he has posted something about the Jana rumors being untrue. This guy loves attention,  nobody was even talking about him.

There's an article from October where he and his brother Jacob deny the rumors.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/jana-duggar-courting-news-the-williams-siblings-deny-rumored-relationship-with-oldest-single-duggar-woman-201407/

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, Lunera said:

This guy's loves attention,  nobody was even talking about him.

I had no idea he'd already posted something earlier. What a famewhoring loser. He's acting like the paparazzi are camped out on his lawn hoping to catch sight of Jana sneaking into the house. If this is the caliber of men Jana has to choose from in the Fundie dating pool, no wonder she's staying single. 

• Love 22
8 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I had no idea he'd already posted something earlier. What a famewhoring loser. He's acting like the paparazzi are camped out on his lawn hoping to catch sight of Jana sneaking into the house. If this is the caliber of men Jana has to choose from in the Fundie dating pool, no wonder she's staying single. 

I suppose this is attributable not just to a fundie dating pool but to a dating pool of fundies who want to be friends with a family led by JB and M.

I guess it isn't surprising that the super-annoying, super-jerky Duggs attract super-annoying super-jerky "friends." But it is kind of horrifying, when you think that these are the people their kids are constantly exposed to.

No wonder the parents do so well with the message that the world is a terrifying place, filled with people who will drag you down to hell, and that you should be filled with fear of it and distaste for it. The caliber of companions they expose their kids to certainly makes that seem a very likely proposition, I'm guessing. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
50 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

To be fair, google Jana’s name. His is all  over what shows up. 

Who the heck are all these prevaricating "sources"? They can't all be Amy. Or can they? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

To be fair, google Jana’s name. His is all  over what shows up. 

Yeah I agree. I would get tired of having it written everywhere I was dating someone I wasn't. Or someone who turned me down.  Maybe she was in a getting to know, and she decided not to go further. 

His statement was a lot better than the last guy's statement, because he appears to be laughing at the picture of his underwear and not at Jana.  He also appears to know a few things beyond bible verses that's nice. (Considering he wasn't born during Bush I, he must have been taught somewhere that read my lips was something Bush I said.)

I'm confused by the reference to his brother Jacob. The last guy who was not courting Jana was Jacob Wilson. This guy is Caleb Williams. Does he have a brother Jacob or is somebody mixing them together?

• Love 2

The 'sources' are pictures. If Jana is shown in a picture with a man under 30, they're dating. Even if they're sitting at a long table and can't even see each other. The list of guys Jana isn't dating is long. She needs to carry a little sign on a stick saying Not Dating, and pop it up every time a picture is being taken.

• Love 14

Someone in another thread mentioned that Jana portrays herself as all sweetness and light.  I have to say I sort of disagree with this.  I don't think Jana portrays herself as anything other than a blank slate and wanting nothing to do with the show she's grown up on.  In fact, I think Jana tries very hard to make sure she's not seen as interesting at all!

• Love 23
4 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

Someone in another thread mentioned that Jana portrays herself as all sweetness and light.  I have to say I sort of disagree with this.  I don't think Jana portrays herself as anything other than a blank slate and wanting nothing to do with the show she's grown up on.  In fact, I think Jana tries very hard to make sure she's not seen as interesting at all!

YES! The fact that she's a blank state is why so many project this sweetness image on her, but I don't think there's anything to back that up, and some evidence that the opposite is true. She's the one the kids are threatened with if they misbehave, for one thing. Yes, she's the family's workhorse and that's unfair, but being a hardworking doesn't automatically mean "sweet" or even "good."  She hates the spotlight so she'll likely  never have a social media presence, but if she did it's going to be funny when people turn on her. Because I suspect she's the most hardcore fundie of the kidults.

• Love 11

Something popped up on my YouTube about Jana and Caleb being in a courtship. I have had a steenkeeeng head cold that started NYE, so I didn’t feel like checking it out.

if someone wants to check it out, please do.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, flyingdi said:

33 minutes ago, lascuba said:

YES! The fact that she's a blank state is why so many project this sweetness image on her, but I don't think there's anything to back that up, and some evidence that the opposite is true. She's the one the kids are threatened with if they misbehave, for one thing. Yes, she's the family's workhorse and that's unfair, but being a hardworking doesn't automatically mean "sweet" or even "good."  She hates the spotlight so she'll likely  never have a social media presence, but if she did it's going to be funny when people turn on her. Because I suspect she's the most hardcore fundie of the kidults.

I was the one who said Jana projected a sweet image but that I wasn't buying it. She's got all those kids in fear of her wrath for a reason!

I think the sweetness perception has more to do with how Jana looks than how she acts. The soft, pretty face, the demure little smile. But I've seen flashes of impatience in her eyes that suggest there is another side to Jana that she keeps hidden.  And let's face it - Michelle would probably not have turned over the running of ....well, everything to Jana if Jana didn't follow company policy. And we all know what company policy is for this bunch.

I think it sucks that all these guys feel the need to make sure the world knows they aren't dating Jana Duggar. But part of me wonders ... how do I say this delicately? I wonder if there isn't something about Jana that makes them want to distance themselves from her. And make sure everybody knows it.  I tend to put 99% of the blame on them for being jerks, but I have that small doubt I can't shake. There is something about Jana I just sort of don't like. 

There, I said it!

• Love 12

I'm going to disagree on the Jana not being sweet thing. I think she's the most maternal of all of them, and the way she treats her brothers and sisters--like Joe and the makeup at his wedding, like the way  she was most concerned for Anna when it was discovered that Joshley had a pervy double life...I think she's got a lot of responsibility put upon her and she's charged with keeping everything together. You can't keep the Duggar circus under control by being lax in consequences or not being firm. I feel for her.  As the oldest girl, she's sacrificed the most and up until a few years ago I think she was a Journey to the Heart regular, probably trying to rid herself of impulses not to want to strangle mom or just plain run away.  I think she's involved in one of those strange mother/first daughter dynamics  thing going on with Michelle.  I feel for her.

• Love 21
35 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I was the one who said Jana projected a sweet image but that I wasn't buying it. She's got all those kids in fear of her wrath for a reason!

I think the sweetness perception has more to do with how Jana looks than how she acts. The soft, pretty face, the demure little smile. But I've seen flashes of impatience in her eyes that suggest there is another side to Jana that she keeps hidden.  And let's face it - Michelle would probably not have turned over the running of ....well, everything to Jana if Jana didn't follow company policy. And we all know what company policy is for this bunch.

I think it sucks that all these guys feel the need to make sure the world knows they aren't dating Jana Duggar. But part of me wonders ... how do I say this delicately? I wonder if there isn't something about Jana that makes them want to distance themselves from her. And make sure everybody knows it.  I tend to put 99% of the blame on them for being jerks, but I have that small doubt I can't shake. There is something about Jana I just sort of don't like. 

There, I said it!

She's either the most hardcore fundie or trying desperately to prove to Ma and Pa that she doesn't have doubts about their faith.  I don't like or dislike her,  she's just sort of blah to me.

I don't think an older child should ever be charged with disciplining her siblings even if she helps raise them.  That's just asking for trouble IMO.

This is in response to Lascuba too.  I think Jana learned early that perhaps attention isn't always a good thing.

Edited by flyingdi
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

There, I said it!

I agree that her looks have a lot to do with it (like Jessa's looks + her attitude get her branded a bitch--if she had the same exact personality but with Jinger's face, people wouldn't hate her as much and instead would celebrate how non-fundie her attitude is). And I also agree that there's likely something about her personality that's partly responsible for guys being so outspoken about not dating her. I actually don't think those guys are jerks for doing so, because if I were to see my name all over the internet over something that wasn't true, my first instinct would be to correct that information.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I'd be surprised if there wasn't some quite nasty, bitter, furious, rage-driven part of Jana's personality.

What else could you expect from a person who's been sent away to Gothardland numerous times to learn to keep sweet about the fact that she's spent most of her time since around age 7 caring for the house and raising the bajillion children of a couple of terminally stupid, emotionally and spiritually abusive assholes, at least one of whom thinks it's amusing to fake-fuck on a mini-golf course with offspring and people they're dating as witnesses and TeeVee cameras rolling? And now Jana apparently isn't considered good enough to go out to dinner with her married siblings but quite good enough to be chief babysitter when the new set of blessings is repeatedly dumped off at the tin house. Seems to me there'd be something seriously wrong with anybody who wasn't good and pissy under those circumstances.

The only way she wouldn't have some really sharp-edged part of her personality is if she'd been lobotomized, if you ask me. And they wouldn't have done that because then she wouldn't be as good at chores. 

If any Duggar kid is altogether sweet, happy and unruffled at this point, said kid must be brain damaged, if you ask me. 

That family's lucky that they haven't yet turned out an ax murderer, in my opinion. 

Dwerp Boy may not be a true Duggar, but I think he may end up doing something violent. Jill may snap at any minute in my opinion. I am surprised one of the older Duggar sons have not went off the deep end. Josh is a molester, cheater, and porn watcher, but his actions may be the tip of the iceberg. I would not be surprised if there are more family secrets in the closet JB does not want to come out.

I also would not be surprised if JB would have one of his offspring have a lobotomy to control his or her bad behavior. In fact, I would be surprised if he thought of doing it to Josh to get him to control his urges of molesting his own sisters, but he is the oldest and first born son, so a lobotomy would have been out of the question. The sad fact is he would do to one of his daughters because having a daughter bringing shame and embarrassment to the family would be worse in his pathetic mind.

I don't get that the feeling that the kids are scared of Jana.  I have no doubt that she disciplines them and they know she expects them to behave, but I don't get the sense that they fear her.  Joy was still a junior member of a buddy team and just starting to take an authoritative role in the house when she threatened to get Jana.  Joy  just kept telling them to obey her and didn't do anything to divert their attention or have them view singing as a fun activity (I don't blame Joy, they were probably all over it and only doing it for the cameras).  I viewed it like a babysitting sister threatening to tell their parents when they get home from work. The littles still act like kids around Jana and aren't stilted like they are with Michelle.  One tap on the arm from Michelle caused Josie to look bashful and stop reaching for a piece of cake during the cake tasting and Jordyn looks petrified of her.  Unless TLC released behind the scenes footage we'll never really know.  

I would be more worried if Jana was only sweetness and light everyday having to deal with her family and also film a reality show that asks her extremely personal questions.  TLC used footage that shaped the audience perception of the girls' personalities.  I don't think Jana is trying to trick the audience.  I hope that she does have some sass in her and gets to spend time snarking with friends.   

The guys may simply want to distance themselves from online speculation and criticism.  The laughing emojis may be making fun of those who have paired them with Jana rather than laughing at the idea they would date her.       

• Love 8

I'm sure a big reason guys state they're not dating Jana is because if they're single they want that known or no girl they're interested in will go near them. And I'm guessing if they're not single their girlfriends don't want the world thinking their boyfriends are cheaters. They probably are bragging a bit too, thinking they're so awesome that tabloids are connecting them to a famous Fundy.

• Love 9

Didn't Jana attend JTTH as a counselor (or whatever they're called there) the last several times she went? I don't think that would have been the case if she was being sent there for programming. I think she quite liked it there and wanted to "pay it forward," as it were. Maybe it was just an escape from the daily grind of the TTH, or maybe she's grateful that it made her more of a spiritual automaton, but it's clear attending hadn't been a punishment for her for a very long time.

I don't think she deliberately puts forth a false image of herself, I think she takes pains to not project anything at all about her self, and because she's quiet and hard-working on camera, people pin the sweet label on her. I'd actually like her more if I thought she was a bit of an asshole.

• Love 7

There was an episode where Michelle described Jana as a chatty and opinionated child and now she "saves that for mommy and daddy". She obviously has been trained to stay quiet. She has also given little hints that she questions things. I think there is way more to Jana than we all see.

I vote Jana most likely to shake the Duggar cloak. I just can't decide if she'll be the pearl wearing soccer mom or the organic eating earth mother. Either way she'll do it quietly and under the radar.

(no shade thrown at soccer or earth moms)

Edited by GeeGolly
spelling
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Didn't Jana attend JTTH as a counselor (or whatever they're called there) the last several times she went? I don't think that would have been the case if she was being sent there for programming. I think she quite liked it there and wanted to "pay it forward," as it were. Maybe it was just an escape from the daily grind of the TTH, or maybe she's grateful that it made her more of a spiritual automaton, but it's clear attending hadn't been a punishment for her for a very long time.

I don't think she deliberately puts forth a false image of herself, I think she takes pains to not project anything at all about her self, and because she's quiet and hard-working on camera, people pin the sweet label on her. I'd actually like her more if I thought she was a bit of an asshole.

In the book the girls"wrote",. Jana describes in glowing terms her love of JTTH.  Such a blessing, bla bla.  I do think Jana is extremely fundie and I'm sure she had it really bad as a toddler and young girl. In Michelle's book, she described how she started blanket training just after the first twins were born. I find Jana robotic and unwilling to show us who she is and she also seems depressed.

One thing, (among many) that has always bothered me is in the 2006 police report, it was stated that ALL the kids got the rod.  That means kids in their teens, Jana included.  If JB and Michelle actually believed in spanking teens, that would really show just how crazy their beliefs are.

• Love 8