Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, 88Keys said:

Maybe Jana is doing the show to make some money before she splits?  Surely now that the kids are over 18 they get to keep their earnings, right? Right?  

Well, I suppose it's possible. But she's been over 18 for 8 years. I think most young adults who are squirreling away even a bit of money, and who are actually looking to leave, will probably do it long before eight years are up, don't you?

If she earned $5,000 after tax annually, which seems reasonable if they were making five figures per episode as a family, and she was actually getting to keep some, she'd have $40,000 by now. And it kinda seems to me that waiting around for eight years or $40,000, whichever came first, argues that you aren't actually serious about leaving.

Edited by Churchhoney
highlighting the fact that I'm positing $5,000 per season -- annually -- not per episode (and I don't even think they've given her that much ... but "if)
  • Love 2

Jana earning $5K an episode would astonish me.  Realistically the Duggars in their entirety are more likely getting paid in the $25K per half hour range. Jim Bob and Michelle aren't going to give one of the daughters 10% of the gross (for the hour long episodes we've been seeing) unless someone has him in a strangle hold. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Jana earning $5K an episode would astonish me.  Realistically the Duggars in their entirety are more likely getting paid in the $25K per half hour range. Jim Bob and Michelle aren't going to give one of the daughters 10% of the gross (for the hour long episodes we've been seeing) unless someone has him in a strangle hold. 

I said $5,000 a season -- "annually"! That's why I said that, after eight years of being 18-and-over, she'd have $40,000 (8 years times $5,000, you know). If she got $5,000 an episode, she would have accumulated the $40,000 in a single season! And, as you said, no way in the world.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they've had her sign some document that keeps her from withdrawing any of "her" money, for some "family" and "umbrella holder" reason. But I can't even imagine them having any deal where she could have earned, total, more than about $40,000 or so in the last eight years. .... (Although she has a bit of book money, too, although I expect Jizm Bob's "holding" that for her, too. "In her best interest," according to the contract he twisted her arm to sign, possibly.)

Still and all, any person who actually wanted to leave a situation, and had accumulated $40,000 after eight years of work, would just leave.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, I suppose it's possible. But she's been over 18 for 8 years. I think most young adults who are squirreling away even a bit of money, and who are actually looking to leave, will probably do it long before eight years are up, don't you?

If she earned $5,000 after tax annually, which seems reasonable if they were making five figures per episode as a family, and she was actually getting to keep some, she'd have $40,000 by now. And it kinda seems to me that waiting around for eight years or $40,000, whichever came first, argues that you aren't actually serious about leaving.

But she may have been still drinking the Kool-Aid until a year or two ago.  Maybe she met someone JB doesn't approve of but she still wants to be with him and doesn't want to be married off like her sisters were.  So she agrees to do another season of the show on the grounds that she gets to keep some of the money, but she's really just doing it so she can save up some funds to leave. 

I get how hard it is for people who were raised in these circumstances to leave.  I really do.  But when I watch Jana on the show, I just get this vibe that she's over it.  She's not going to come out and say that, but I think she's starting to look elsewhere.  It could also be that it literally took her 8 years to get to a point where she was well and truly done, because like you said, it is hard to leave.  But it's not impossible, and others have done it, and I hope Jana joins their ranks.  I know it may just be wishful thinking, but I really hope she has found a "man who works with his hands" like she wants and she can leave and open up her own business.  I'm going to keep on wishing.

• Love 7

Jana leaving the family to live on her own wouldn't be good for the Duggar brand, and I think all of them realize that. Especially since they're so well known not only in their own circles but also to their television fans. They've preached ad nauseum that their adult kids are under their authority/protection until they marry. Yet it seems that other folks in their same circles aren't quite as strict as the Duggars. Ben's sister Jess comes to mind- I believe she lives on her own in an apartment and has a boyfriend, and is presumably employed as well. Ben is the oldest , isn't he? So she must be around 20 years old. One of Anna's sisters left home to live with with another sister and ended up having a baby without being married.  I can't see Jim Bob recovering from one of his daughters having a baby out of wedlock. Then again, apparently the show didn't suffer too much after what Josh did, the network just chose to remove him from the show completely. I can't imagine how the show would continue if one of their kids was openly rebellious or left the family. They'd have to pretend that said child never existed, as they seem to be doing now with Marjorie.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

But she may have been still drinking the Kool-Aid until a year or two ago.  Maybe she met someone JB doesn't approve of but she still wants to be with him and doesn't want to be married off like her sisters were.  So she agrees to do another season of the show on the grounds that she gets to keep some of the money, but she's really just doing it so she can save up some funds to leave. 

I get how hard it is for people who were raised in these circumstances to leave.  I really do.  But when I watch Jana on the show, I just get this vibe that she's over it.  She's not going to come out and say that, but I think she's starting to look elsewhere.  It could also be that it literally took her 8 years to get to a point where she was well and truly done, because like you said, it is hard to leave.  But it's not impossible, and others have done it, and I hope Jana joins their ranks.  I know it may just be wishful thinking, but I really hope she has found a "man who works with his hands" like she wants and she can leave and open up her own business.  I'm going to keep on wishing.

I'll keep wishing right with you. I have no actual hope -- but I agree with you completely about wishing it! 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, CarolMK said:

Jana leaving the family to live on her own wouldn't be good for the Duggar brand, and I think all of them realize that.

Yeah, but if she actually wanted to leave -- as people are positing -- it would be because she's finally realized that she's Jana, an individual adult human being. And she's not "the Duggar brand." And that slavish adherence to what's best for the Duggar brand is bad and inappropriate for Jana. And that one individual's leaving couldn't possibly be so "bad for the brand" that it would be worth that person giving up his/her individual personhood to stay.

It's not as if they're in desperate subsistence mode and every able-bodied person is required to keep the children from starving to death. The only thing that might be bad about it for the brand is that it'd force their disgusting parents to admit that some of the shit that they've been spouting about keeping all adult children dependent (because Jesus) doesn't actually work in the real world.

There isn't even any evidence that it'd be bad for the brand by jeopardizing their tv career. There might even be reason to think that a real rift in the family that didn't involve coverups of sex crimes (and this one wouldn't) could actually be good for their tv fortunes.

So if she wanted to leave -- if anyone wanted to leave -- they'd be at a point where they didn't give a crap about their family's (read JB's and M's) self-serving groupthink and their absurd demand that everybody preserve the fiction that their stupid way of living is the only right one. And once Jana or whoever was at that point in their thinking, they'd just leave.

Ergo -- Jana doesn't want to leave. Nor does anyone else, as far as we can see at this point. They continue in their sleepwalking, brainwashed state. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

I can't see Jana leaving. She couldn't even stand up to Jessa regarding which crappy pictures to put on the wall. It would take a hell of a lot of conviction and strength to walk away from a family and belief system that she's been a part of for nearly thirty years. I don't think Jana has it in her. I hate to say it, but she's probably going to remain unmarried and stuck at the TTH, raising her siblings' children. I'd love to be proven wrong, but every instinct we've had about the Duggar kiddults has been right thus far. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 12
16 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I can't see Jana leaving. She couldn't even stand up to Jessa regarding which crappy pictures to put on the wall. It would take a hell of a lot of conviction and strength to walk away from a family and belief system that she's been a part of for nearly thirty years. I don't think Jana has it in her. I hate to say it, but she's probably going to remain unmarried and stuck at the TTH, raising her siblings' children. I'd love to be proven wrong, but every instinct we've had about the Duggar kiddults has been right thus far. 

This makes me sad. Jana seems like such a nice sweet girl. Much more so than her sisters who are already married. I can't believe she isn't married herself, , but I don't think she wants to be. It seems criminal to make her raise her sisters kids on top of raising her siblings, which was bad enough!  On top of that not going to college or getting a part time job just to get out of the house makes me crazy just thinking of it.  When you think of Jana being deprived of all that and multipiled by 19.... Michelle should be charged with neglect, imo. Especially when you think  not only all this, she failed to protect these kids from their brother. What laziness bordering on criminal, really.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, Chai said:

This makes me sad. Jana seems like such a nice sweet girl. Much more so than her sisters who are already married. I can't believe she isn't married herself, , but I don't think she wants to be. It seems criminal to make her raise her sisters kids on top of raising her siblings, which was bad enough!  On top of that not going to college or getting a part time job just to get out of the house makes me crazy just thinking of it.  When you think of Jana being deprived of all that and multipiled by 19.... Michelle should be charged with neglect, imo. Especially when you think  not only all this, she failed to protect these kids from their brother. What laziness bordering on criminal, really.

I think it is criminal. And it's criminal for TLC to put it on tv and sweeten it up and normalize it so that hundreds of thousands of people are lulled into thinking that it's entertainment and that at least some of it is sweet romantic fantasy. The horror of it hasn't just been minimized by the show, it's been completely erased by the show. They're made to look as if they're just kind of eccentric. And the audience is distracted from the real situation by shows about wedding food and wedding dresses. When the parents of that family are insane criminals who've raised a bunch of hopelessly ignorant and uneducated, unemployable psychological cripples -- whose state is also hidden by the show and the way it's presented. It ought to be a criminal offense to aid and abet abuse of someone's family the way TLC has done and continues to do.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17
50 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Great post! I agree completely. I stopped watching this show when the abuse from Josh came out. I just couldn't reconcile such abuse in regards to all the  other children who suffered because of it, with no reaction, really from the parents. It was completely wrong., and with everything else, I'm at a loss how to explain it. So, I'll just say I stopped watching, that says it all.  I also like to read other peoples opinions of this family. I agree with so many of you. You seem able to say what I'm thinking, but say it so much better than I do!

LOL! I meant to quote ChurchHoney, not myself! haha!

• Love 3

Jana has no gumption, no spunk.  She gives in too easily.  Must be into M's xanax.  She was ready to accommodate, cave, or at least consider putting more family pictures up instead of the ones she chose.  I am beginning to hate family pictures.  Really.  Mugs all over FB, IG, blah blah.  Da Vinci or die.

• Love 4

But Jana could just be going along with whatever Jess or JimBob wants at the moment because the cameras are rolling.  I mean, at this point, the show seems so scripted, I can totally see a producer standing behind the camera saying "we need you to stand here and say this now."  Nothing about any of this seems real or natural.  

• Love 5

I hope Jana is relatively happy whether she stays, goes, marries or remains single. She's not the first, nor the last woman to remain unmarried whether by choice or circumstance.

I just don't see the Duggars having all that power in influencing society though. I think the folks that don't see how screwed up the family is already have that mindset. If this was 20 years ago without 24 hour news and easy access to the internet, the Duggars might have a tad more influence, but again I think its with folks with similar beliefs.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, awaken said:

Hahaha. They've clearly been reading here.  "Our grown kids work so hard!"

You got that right. Joe (&the rest) may be hard workers, but I doubt they work a 40-50 hour work week like the rest of the  outside world. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I hope Jana is relatively happy whether she stays, goes, marries or remains single. She's not the first, nor the last woman to remain unmarried whether by choice or circumstance.

I just don't see the Duggars having all that power in influencing society though. I think the folks that don't see how screwed up the family is already have that mindset. If this was 20 years ago without 24 hour news and easy access to the internet, the Duggars might have a tad more influence, but again I think its with folks with similar beliefs.

Yeah, see I have issues even with that fact that there are even many critics of the family who still see the show as entertaining or who -- because of the way the show normalizes the Duggars and turns them into "fun" -- still imagine that Jana, Jinger and others aren't extremely damaged but go out and make friends and find lovers then just come back during filming to pretend for the show that they're still around every day scootering with Mikey. Or get into Duggar-arranged marriages and are easily orgasmic even though they've been sexually abused as children and subtly blamed for it. Or are really living away from the compound drinking beer with their buddies every night, playing video games and studying to be commercial pilots when they're really 26 years old and not permitted to have friends or hold a paying job. Etc. Etc.

I see all that as a subtle but nevertheless pretty heinous normalization of this whole thing that the non-leghumper audience doesn't buy into intentionally at all but are inadvertently suckered into by the Duggars and TLC.

And I think any normalization of evil and insanity is very dangerous because if we've had our eyes closed to it by  media then we're very likely to have our eyes just a little more closed to it than we may have had previously, in real life as well, whether we realize that or not. In my years as a teacher, I got pretty burned out on the way all of us have our eyes closed to bad bad things going on in the personal lives of the vulnerable. So any addition to that obliviousness created by a tv show that encourages us to focus on the possible catering flaws of Jinger's wedding and the look of her bridesmaids' dresses instead of how she's been damaged, probably irreparably, by her upbringing is just a bad bad thing for me.

This is all of a piece with the way I roll, as everybody here knows (lol). What can I say? I was a curmudgeon from the time I was a small child! And now as an aged crone, I'm certainly not going to get any less curmudgeonly or less judgmental of anything that I think minimizes the terrible psychological damage that's being done on a daily basis to children all around us. I just loathe it that the Duggar show presents us with this deeply tragic situation and then says, "Look over here! Wedding dress!" I think it's incredibly irresponsible of them, and damaging to us all.

Yep, the Duggars make me spy the apocalypse now. (But not in what they consider a good way)

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, see I have issues even with that fact that there are even many critics of the family who still see the show as entertaining or who -- because of the way the show normalizes the Duggars and turns them into "fun" -- still imagine that Jana, Jinger and others aren't extremely damaged but go out and make friends and find lovers then just come back during filming to pretend for the show that they're still around every day scootering with Mikey. Or get into Duggar-arranged marriages and are easily orgasmic even though they've been sexually abused as children and subtly blamed for it. Or are really living away from the compound drinking beer with their buddies every night, playing video games and studying to be commercial pilots when they're really 26 years old and not permitted to have friends or hold a paying job. Etc. Etc.

I see all that as a subtle but nevertheless pretty heinous normalization of this whole thing that the non-leghumper audience doesn't buy into intentionally at all but are inadvertently suckered into by the Duggars and TLC.

And I think any normalization of evil and insanity is very dangerous because if we've had our eyes closed to it by  media then we're very likely to have our eyes just a little more closed to it than we may have had previously, in real life as well, whether we realize that or not. In my years as a teacher, I got pretty burned out on the way all of us have our eyes closed to bad bad things going on in the personal lives of the vulnerable. So any addition to that obliviousness created by a tv show that encourages us to focus on the possible catering flaws of Jinger's wedding and the look of her bridesmaids' dresses instead of how she's been damaged, probably irreparably, by her upbringing is just a bad bad thing for me.

This is all of a piece with the way I roll, as everybody here knows (lol). What can I say? I was a curmudgeon from the time I was a small child! And now as an aged crone, I'm certainly not going to get any less curmudgeonly or less judgmental of anything that I think minimizes the terrible psychological damage that's being done on a daily basis to children all around us. I just loathe it that the Duggar show presents us with this deeply tragic situation and then says, "Look over here! Wedding dress!" I think it's incredibly irresponsible of them, and damaging to us all.

Yep, the Duggars make me spy the apocalypse now. (But not in what they consider a good way)

I hear you Churchie. Its instinctive for folks to normalize folks/situations or put folks/situations as others to keep their worlds comfortable. Just like grabbing female genitalia can be seen as locker room talk or any tragedy must be blamed on the mentally ill.

But I think most folks move beyond their instinctive concrete and black & white thinking. IMO, most folks are able to see things more abstractly even when its uncomfortable. That's why the Duggars and their ilk go to such great lengths to shelter their kids. I think you and I agree more often than we disagree, and I often agree with you even when I have an opposing view, if that makes any sense.

You appear to be a curmudgeon with an abnormally big heart. :)

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Chai said:

This makes me sad. Jana seems like such a nice sweet girl. Much more so than her sisters who are already married. I can't believe she isn't married herself, , but I don't think she wants to be.

Perhaps Jana doesn't want to get married.  While I believe that Jessa was Ben's choice, I have a sneaking suspicion that Derick and Jeremy were "nudged into settling" for Jill and Jinger, respectively.  I also believe that any suitor for Jana is politely rejected.  The reason I say this is because it is hard for me to understand how those two unremarkable ladies are "coupled", while seemingly nice, sweet, pretty Jana is still unattached.  It just doesn't make sense. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I hear you Churchie. Its instinctive for folks to normalize folks/situations or put folks/situations as others to keep their worlds comfortable. Just like grabbing female genitalia can be seen as locker room talk or any tragedy must be blamed on the mentally ill.

But I think most folks move beyond their instinctive concrete and black & white thinking. IMO, most folks are able to see things more abstractly even when its uncomfortable. That's why the Duggars and their ilk go to such great lengths to shelter their kids. I think you and I agree more often than we disagree, and I often agree with you even when I have an opposing view, if that makes any sense.

You appear to be a curmudgeon with an abnormally big heart. :)

Right back atcha.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

You do make me think, CHURCHHONEY, which is obviously your point. Thank you.

• Love 5

I'd like to see somebody call that J-boy on his shirt, and ask him how exactly his generation, and him especially, plan to end abortion, and hear him try to articulate anything beyond "because God." I'm usually so mad that M&JB could get away with under educating their kids the way they have, but then I see a shirt like that and think "well, at least none of them are going to be able to actually do anything like that."

• Love 14
On 10/20/2016 at 4:22 PM, Churchhoney said:

If she had a real life outside of the compound, why wouldn't she leave the damn compound? Saying that the parents are keeping her at the TTH because of the show makes no sense, because the show obviously prospers more with viewers when the Duggar kids start up love lives and places of their own. And they all know that.

So if not that, why would they be keeping her there except to do the dirty work of raising the million children -- that JB and M, and even Anna, to some degree, I expect, don't want to do. That seems to be the only explanation for our seeing this woman who supposedly has a great love life outside the compound pictured only riding a damn baby scooter with the M kid and taking all the damn lost girls and the new lost boy and Jackson out for ice cream (where the hell are their parents?) and doing a million other TTH jobs, such as tending a garden for everybody and lugging decorations into all her siblings' houses.

If she really had some life of her own outside the compound, she would never in a million years agree to do all of those things. Because she wouldn't have time for them -- she'd have a life of her own. And if she had a real lover outside the compound, why would he be okay with her being the TTH general factotum and slave? If he cared about her, wouldn't he tell her to stop? And if she had gotten up the gumption to have this life of her own outside the compound, she'd have the backbone to refuse to pretend to be living in the TTH so she could do all their work!

If she had a life of her own, TLC would know that she had a life of her own -- because they're right there -- and they'd be thrilled to film it, keep the family on their rolls because they were filming it, and pay Jana good money for filming it. Because they read the Internet. They know that many many many people would love to watch Jana have a life of her own. I have a hard time imagining JB and M turning down that possibility, even though they are looking for slaves. Joy and Hannie are getting of age to take over. And they could always import another Paine girl or some other Gothard spinster to pick up the slack.

This is just more of our wishful thinking for Jana. Everybody wants her to have a life of her own. But there's very little understanding of what it would take for a person from her background to have such a life. The fact is that in the real world, anybody who had the guts and the selfishness and the rebel determination to have that secret life of their own wouldn't stay around to continue being her parents' slave.  And her secret lover wouldn't put up with it unless he was both an idiot and a jerk. And she wouldn't even need to, for money, or to continue the TV contract or for any other reason!

Nice try at feeding everybody's cherished fantasies, gossip site. But you don't understand the Duggar situation -- or human psychology -- at all, in my opinion.

Absolutely, no way.  I mean, plenty of non-fundie kids don't up and leave the nest, if they have a deal with Mom & Dad not charging them rent.  It's practically a cottage industry nowadays with the financial state of the nation.  For an elder single Duggar outlier to just say "See ya!" and run out the front door, in this scenario - it wouldn't happen.  Jana might even be being guilted with how "nice" it is to have free housing and the choice not to work outside the home.  It's barely possible if it's true that JD already left, that Jana was thereafter allowed to follow his example; but if John David still lives at home then Jana absolutely does.  No way is a single female allowed to be the first offspring to launch, and she'd be guilted into dragging along at least two siblings as roommates if she were.  And if the latter happened, wouldn't TLC jump at the chance?  

That gossip site is having normal-people thoughts, where such an action taken by Jana wouldn't be seen as an outright declaration of war involving thrown items and (mostly parental) shrieking temper tantrums the likes of which they can only imagine happening.  Jana would not dare.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Holy black eyeliner and those melted sundaes look disgusting. I hate mushy ice cream.

Somebody please tell me what in the hell is in that smaller dish? Is it a side of syrup to go with this already way too sugary confection?

That looks like tar, not chocolate! Gross!!!

2 hours ago, louannems said:

The same, exact word for word generic birthday greeting.

Well, they've only known her for 19 years. You can't expect them to be aware of any specific details.

That is, if she's been allowed to keep any specific traits to this point. I suppose that's doubtful, poor kid.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Happy birthday, Joy! Enjoy your drippy sundae! 

Why do I always have the feeling that when Jim Boob orders one of those sundaes for the birthday girl, he asks for an extra spoon and eats 3/4 of it himself?

• Love 7

Wow, I really hope that Joy isn't the next one to get married. She seems very young and sheltered, even more so than Jill was, by the way. She just turned 19, at least her sisters married in their early 20's.

Doesn't seem like Jim Bob is having any luck finding  brides for his sons, for whatever reason. It's eventually going to look like the Arndt household at the rate that they're going (household with 13 boys/men and 1 girl living with their parents, ranging from about 11 to 34 years old). I wonder if that's why they had to have a special episode on the show for Guy's Guide to Courting- they're getting desperate.

• Love 4

That Sundae looks utterly gross and digusting. Full of sugary crap. (I've been losing weight for the last 5 months and have become hyper aware of how much sugar there is in stuff).

Not sure what to think about her possibly courting. I've always felt so sorry for her. She's looked miserable for so many years.

If she were to meet the right guy to take her out - but I can't see her as a Mother. She's simply not the type.

As far as the sons go, WHO wants to marry a guy like that? No job, no income, and not even good looking.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, MunichNark said:

As far as the sons go, WHO wants to marry a guy like that? No job, no income, and not even good looking.

No intellect either. I'm sorry, if you're going to be dumb as a bag of rocks you better be good looking or have the most dynamic personality ever.

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 11

JD is under JB's thumb. He only flies the planes his daddy owns, and I bet dollar to donuts, he does not get paid to fly family and friends around. Yes, he does construction, but he probably is only allowed to work for certain people who meets JB's approval. Imo, none of the Duggars older children are a great catch. I also would not be surprise if JD is seeing the writing on the wall when it comes to courting and marriage especially after looking at Derick and Josh. Plus the fact, he is probably facing pressure to prove the Duggar boys are great catches and none of them are like Josh. In otherwords, none of the Duggar children are close to being qualified to getting married as long as JB and Michelle run the show.

If JD pulls that big machinery off Duggar property at all anymore, it's to work on property that Boob owns. The only other time we've seen him use it was to clear land in exchange for a fixer upper house. Does JD even own it? At any rate, I'm sure that deal, like anything else the kids do, was orchestrated by Boob. Even if the boys look independent now selling used cars and doing construction, Boob taught them about the used car business and the houses they work on (Ben included) belong to Boob. Other than JD becoming a pilot to help shuttle family around, volunteer fire department (only saw JD on one call and that was the Josie distress call), and Jill's useless foray into midwifery, no one has learned a skill that Boob didn't already have. 

• Love 2

Poor Joy. Little does she know that most 19-year-olds are running around with their friends today, hitting up the Good Wills, IPartys, and Sally Beautys  to put together their outfits for the college parties tonight.

That sundae looks OK, except for the outside of the glass dish, which was probably touched by 8 people before the fudge sauce dripped down it. Oh, never mind...this is her once-a-year chance to eat with real, non-plastic spoons and non-Styrofoam dishes. So....go JoyAnna, I guess.

Aaaaannnnd...at least the State O'Texas necklace is not a cross. The T-shirt is unfortunate though....Jinge must be slipping in her thrifting abilities now that she is courting/purposing/engaging/whatever it's called to Babe.

I wonder how that plan (on that T-shirt on the flatbed Jboy) is going to work exactly. Somebody should ask him.

• Love 2

So, if Joy were to begin a courtin' and get married, we would have Jana, nine unmarried sons, and four lost girls.  Getting married to somebody--anybody--might look better to Jana at that point.  Do she and Joy put food on the table daily for all those men?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, drafan said:

That sundae looks OK, except for the outside of the glass dish, which was probably touched by 8 people before the fudge sauce dripped down it. Oh, never mind...this is her once-a-year chance to eat with real, non-plastic spoons and non-Styrofoam dishes. So....go JoyAnna, I guess.

Yep, this is the part the really bugs me about those sundaes. This, and the fact that, when she's done eating, somebody is going to have to pick up that sundae dish with the half-eaten fudge sauce all over it.

Those sundaes are one of the grossest food items I've ever seen, if not the grossest. They're dirt and germs in the making and sticky horror and dirt in the cleaning up and disposing. I guess they're supposed to look festive. But to me they look like something you accidentally messed up and had to throw in the dumpster.

• Love 4