Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: Black Out and Get Out

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Yeaaaaa, Lu seemed very forced in that moment. I found it interesting that when she suggests spending the night before the wedding apart, his first thought is hall pass. Like he just can't WAIT to bang someone else. If they have an "understanding" fine, but her terse expression in that moment doesn't exactly say, "We both play around and enjoy it". 

I didn't think B was THAT ruffled by it, because...it's Ramona. But she has built a pretty successful business for herself, and to have someone basically say you just got where you are by sleeping around, is pretty insulting, no matter who is saying it. But my guess is she left because she was just exhausted. It was too much. Ramona doesn't know when to stop and being stuck in a private home with her would be miserable. Given her track record, she'd probably pop back in the bedroom later or corner B at breakfast to "apologize". It's not the same as being at a big social event full of people. I'd want to get away too. 

To be fair, we only saw it on Sonja. Orange is really not my color, but it might have looked totally different on Dorinda. It did not fit Sonja well at all; her bloated alcohol pooch was pudging out big time. 

I didn't want to take up space by quoting your entire post, but it was SPOT. ON. I sometimes find Carole annoying, but I thought she was great this episode. I agree that I like her friendship with Dorinda. And when she stood her ground while Ramona tried stir up divisions, I applauded from my couch. I think she's probably a very good friend. 

(got my quoting wrong somehow, this post was from WireWrap)

I see two differences here. One, I think Bethenny would have been fine if Lu never wanted to speak to her again after the Hamptoms. Because B. I think she realized how out of line she was. She has said she was mortified by her behavior and she did take ownership and apologize.  Ramona has no self-awareness and thinks what she did was great. She kept saying Bethenny "attacked" her first, but I saw nothing of the sort. 

I agree wholeheartedly with everything.  I also see that some think it's ok for Ramona to say what she said becuz they feel Beth was much worse with what she said to Lu.  Bethenny did take ownership and apologized and Lu did accept.

i am having a senior moment and completely lost my train of thought.  Sorry guys. Nothing to see here.  Lol

• Love 10
1 hour ago, escapetoreality said:

I am not a narcissist but if an artist made me look that good I would have bought at least 2 for the wall. Maybe put them in the bedroom but I would keep and enjoy them. 

Those paintings of Carole did look fantastic!

• Love 17

I'm still sorting out the Ramona/Bethenny blow out.  While I am NOT a Bethenny fan, (just the opposite), I want to think this one out.  It'll take a little time.  I'm going to read some more posts, perhaps review the scene again and see where I"m going to fall on this one.  I don't think that Ramona said anything that was not true....though.  

Ok, I am convinced Bethenny is working with a real therapist now.  Leaving calmly, without throwing shade etc is something a therapist would have you work on. Then at Carole's art show she explained that Ramona was a friend when there is a crisis.  Yes that is a therapist working with her on friendships.  And we all have those friends in crisis.  I was surprised at the one that showed up in my life.  Often these people come from a crisis life.  AlAnon spends a lot of time working with children of addicts on how to live without creating crisis.  But the 'friend in crisis' really pinged my therapy words.

• Love 17
11 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny was upset at the way Ramona spoke to her?  So upset that she never wants to speak to her again....ever? Did Bethenny not hear herself going after Luann last season and she was sober when she did it! Bethenny was worse to Luann than Ramona was to her. Ramona was an ass and she was wrong to attack Bethenny but Bethenny was far uglier to Luann, get a grip Bethenny.

Yes, I agree that Bethenny's words and delivery to LuAnn were very harsh, however it is up to each person to decide what they will or will not tolerate.  LuAnn could have said the same thing to Bethenny that Bethenny said to Ramona as far as she will never speak with her again, etc. 

• Love 8

I laughed when Carole said to Dorinda after Ramona finished shrieking at Beth, "Bethenny is leaving. I'm going with her. That's okay, right? I mean, I think the party's over... "

I'm wondering if we have Andy Cohen to blame for Ramona's arrogance and delusions. I think he loves her because her insanity and idiocy can be really entertaining, and some of us watch just to see what crazy ass thing she'll say or do next. But she probably thinks that Andy and viewers love her because she is fabulous and wonderful.

Ramona at the gallery. I get stabby when she thinks she's being charming and irresistible. Kissing up to Carole regarding how lucky Adam is that he gets to spend time with Carole's luscious breasts later that night. She's so transparent and simple.  

• Love 21
(edited)

And why does Bethenny always run away after someone fights just as dirty as she does. I would have more respect for her if she had stayed in the Berk's and stood her ground against Ramona. 

I think there are a couple of reasons Bethenny took off. First and foremost is she just didn't want to be there in the first place. She's forced to participate in some of these group HW events, so she shows up, but over and over she takes advantage of whatever insulting thing has happened to take off as fast as she possibly can. And the thing is she knows that something insulting is likely to happen, so she has her get out of jail free all planned. If Bethenny had her drothers, the only thing she'd film would be her talking at or berating her assistants about something that proves how fabulous her life is. She doesn't want to go out to dinner with these women, or go to a sleepover, she wants the exposure of the show and the paychecks, but that's it.

The other reason she took off in this case is that I think she's being extra careful this season not to lose it on anyone the way she did Lu last season. She knows that was a major PR blunder and if she wants her new real estate show to be successful, she has to at least seem like she can be a rational person. 

With Ramona I think a couple things have happened to her in terms of the show and her place in the group. Around the same time her marriage was imploding Bethenny came back to the show. So she lost the bragging rights of being the happiest married woman on the OES and she lost top dog status in the group of HW's and in the filming. Suddenly Bethenny is back and it's all about her and Mario's cheating and the divorce were all over the news. Those were double blows to Ramona and I don't think she's recovered from either. 

I think her going in on Bethenny this season has been an attempt by her to get B to go after her in the same way she did Lu. Ramona saw what happened there. Initially she was all in with Bethenny and the others as it played out on camera. But when she saw how perceptions of Bethenny were drastically changed by her attacks on Lu, and how Lu was getting major sympathy and support from the fans? That's when the switch flipped. I bet in her tiny, lizard brain she made the decision to try and get Bethenny mad enough at her to lose it and all out attack her (Ramona), so that Ramona could be the "victim" of Bethenny's bullying. 

What's so funny about the whole thing is even though so much of the show, the events, the interactions, etc. are scripted and set up by the producers, this scheming by the two with their divergent agendas is all too real. Bethenny is making an all out push to recover from last year's debacle by being calmer and as absent as she can be and Ramona is making her push to push Bethenny too far. And because Bethenny is smarter (she is a bully, but she's a smart one), she's running rings around Ramona.

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Love 16

If Ramona is trying to show Mario how great her life is, picking fights and having drunken meltdowns on TV is not the way to do it. Mario is probably home watching and thanking his lucky stars he got out. Yes, he's a shit for cheating on her and not even trying to hide it. But Moaner, she needs to get some serious counseling because she clearly isn't over it. Going on faux dates and telling everyone you are renewed doesn't fix it. 

I don't know why Tinsley wants to live in the UES. I know not too much about NYC, other than what some people I know who live there tell me. They say that the UES is pretty quiet, lots of older folks and families, not a huge nightlife. That said I didn't like that apartment in Carole's building at all. The bedroom was tiny and those two loft spaces didn't really seem to have a purpose. If I had $7100/month to spend, I'd be looking for something better than that.   

I really liked the pics of Carole. 

I can see Sonja and Ramona getting shitfaced and climbing up the wall and tearing down the lights. I'd be pissed because 1) it disrespects my home and 2) they never said anything and Dorinda found the damage after they left. At least have the balls to own up to it. 

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

The way I recall Luann said she didn't say it but decided to make peace and just apologize anyway. Again, no one except Carole, in a crowd of people, claims to have heard it. 

I think we should just stick to the current episode in this thread.

You are correct. I recall very specifically that Lu said when Ramona was coaching her through the apology text, "did I really call her a pedophile?" *oh well, 'who knows' shrug "I probably did. But how about I say 'sorry for the names I called you.'"

Then Ramona insisted that pedophile was a sticking point so LuAnn, unbothered, typed in "sorry I called you a pedafile." 

• Love 14
25 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

In that moment she actually looked as though she were re-thinking what she was settling for.   Perhaps there was truth to Barbara's comment that she had expressed some doubt.  For him to be so blatant and in her face about a hall pass was quite telling of their actual relationship. 

I agree. That's why I didn't mind the girls trying to give her an out. They see someone drowning, and were trying to throw her a life raft. Not Ramona, clearly, but I think Carole and B really did want to say, "If you have even a TINY doubt, it's okay to bow out." I truly think she's going through with it to save face, and would rather get divorced in a few years than call of the wedding. 

14 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm still sorting out the Ramona/Bethenny blow out.  While I am NOT a Bethenny fan, (just the opposite), I want to think this one out.  It'll take a little time.  I'm going to read some more posts, perhaps review the scene again and see where I"m going to fall on this one. I don't think that Ramona said anything that was not true....though.  

Ramona said that Bethenny slept her way to the top. I've never seen any evidence of that. 

15 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Can someone help me out with something.  I missed one part.    It was when Dorinda was discovering damage to her house.  I had to step away and when I returned she was in a bedroom talking about it.  What was it...damage to walls, carpet, linens?  (I saw how Ramona spilled on dining room chair and Carol lit fire in fireplace. ) What other damage was there? 

From what I remember, she said that "wood was nicked", and there was also damage shown to the walls, where Ramona apparently tore some lights off. Looked like paint damage. She also mentioned the bed being left undone, which isn't exactly damage, but I can see Ramona just blowing out of the place without straightening up. 

• Love 10

I don't think that Ramona said anything that was not true....though.  

She said B's liquor business was bust.  The liquor business is so good it is still difficult for Beam to keep up.

Let's talk about women's bare breasts for a second.  I'm not seeing the shock.  B's was tame by any standard.  Carol's was nice art.  I see 20 something celebs every day instagramming their boobs for the world.  What's the big deal?  Ramona is so 18th Century.

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, lasandi said:

I agree wholeheartedly with everything.  I also see that some think it's ok for Ramona to say what she said becuz they feel Beth was much worse with what she said to Lu.  Bethenny did take ownership and apologized and Lu did accept.

Right, And since then Beth and Lu have been okay. Not bosom buddies, but no repeat incidents. Beth has even been pretty supportive of Lu since then. Ramona does her fake apology shit and then continues the exact same behavior. 

7 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

You are correct. I recall very specifically that Lu said when Ramona was coaching her through the apology text, "did I really call her a pedophile?" *oh well, 'who knows' shrug "I probably did. But how about I say 'sorry for the names I called you.'"

Then Ramona insisted that pedophile was a sticking point so LuAnn, unbothered, typed in "sorry I called you a pedafile." 

Beyond just the fact that she said it, her cavalier attitude about it really rubbed me wrong. She just shrugged it off as if she had called Carole a gopher, not a morally bereft criminal. 

• Love 11

Looked like paint damage.

Looked like the paint and about an eighth of the rest of the wall.  Looks like it was a skim coated wall.  So it's going to take more than a layer of paint to repair.  I'm wondering how the lights were mounted.  These were temporary.  So they should have been mounted so that they could be removed without damage.  That said, I believe that lights are on and rooms are set for filming until a specific time.  So Ramona was done with the lights and filming and just ripped them off.

I get Dorinda being just sad.  She has always spoken about how emotional her connection is to her home in the Berkshires.  And Sonja just taking an outfit out of Dorinda's closet (wardrobe room?).  That is beyond the pale.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, escapetoreality said:

I am not a narcissist but if an artist made me look that good I would have bought at least 2 for the wall. Maybe put them in the bedroom but I would keep and enjoy them. 

Thank you for saying this.  I couldn't even tell it was Carole.  I did love the paintings, tho.  She should absolutely purchase one.  

• Love 5

haha Just finished the episode and saw the trailer for future episodes. Dorinda gets sloppy drunk (omg YAY!) and the girls have some classic RHONY vaca fights (WOOT!). 

I didn't think I'd think much of Tinsley but I do like her. She lets things roll off, doesn't create inane drama but also doesn't put up with anyone's shit and she lets us see her ugly cry. She's a keeper. 

• Love 9

I didn't think I'd think much of Tinsley but I do like her. She lets things roll off, doesn't create inane drama but also doesn't put up with anyone's shit and she lets us see her ugly cry. She's a keeper. 

She's starting to get into the role as well.  Being Dorinda's sounding board, willing and amused audience for Dorinda's Sonja story, poking that lovely fun bag Sonja about her rules, Giving just the right amount of eye roll to the sexy salad.  No I think we need Tinsley for at least another season to see the layers of this onion.

• Love 12
(edited)
22 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I can see Sonja and Ramona getting shitfaced and climbing up the wall and tearing down the lights. I'd be pissed because 1) it disrespects my home and 2) they never said anything and Dorinda found the damage after they left. At least have the balls to own up to it. 

RIGHT?!?!  If I were somehow possessed by the wine demon and took it upon myself to rip things off the walls and damaged them in the process, the next morning I would have fallen over myself apologizing and showing Dorinda what had happened and offering to pay to fix it.   Ramona couldn't throw a blanket over them or something if they were bothering her?  Someone mentioned it above, but can you imagine Ramona's reaction if this had happened to her house?  She would be fit to be tied.

I think it's funny though that based on Dorinda's telling of the story I thought Ramona had ripped off wall sconces or the overhead light or something.  It really wasn't clear that she had pulled down temporary lighting.

And because I just like to imagine it again, Sonja was not involved.  She was passed out in the chair downstairs sitting like a perfect lady.  

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 7

Not sure how Ramona gets to be a champion for LuAnn considering the way she treats her. Ramona was a bitter old spinster seething with jealousy and resentment and the sooner she "owns it" the better off she will be. Not sure how her being poor and working since she was 16 is anymore noble than Bethanny trying to shove free cookies down people's throat at a grocery store with no one paying any attention and yet she persisted. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I won't read TOO much into this, but I raised an eyebrow when, at the dinner with Jill, Bobby and Dorinda, Tom says something like, "... this is supposed to be a happy time..." Then Lu says more than once, "one of the happiest days in my life" (or something to that effect), and then others also refer to it as a really happy day for Lu. No one corrects them that it is a really happy day for Lu AND Tom. I mean, even Tom Schwartz/Vanderpump Rules ("I admit that I sucked face with a girl in Vegas") told everyone during the wedding that it was the happiest day in his life.

Spoiler

Preview: Lu, Tom, Harry Dubin and blonde-ish woman whom Harry is interrogating about an encounter with Tom-- is that the same woman Ramona was goading to spill re Tom (blonde thought Tom was only dating her, then stumbled upon Lu and Tom on a date) during that Girls' Night Out (with at least one other woman)? She's not the former Playboy bunny, is she?

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 3

I'll have to view that scene again about the damage to the house.  I can't envision why someone would remove wall lights.  If it was set up by the film crew, wouldn't they be the people who took them down?  Either the property damage is contrived to show Ramona as a property damage offender or she's getting toasted and stumbling around doing odd things.  I have seen that with people who are over served before.   If you do a careful inspection of a alcoholics house, you may find a lot damage, especially glass on the floors, corners, under furniture.  It can be caused by stumbling and sometimes throwing glass objects.  

In ref. to the question upthread about why Ramona claimed B slept her way to the top. I wonder if she was referring to the now famous movie or she knows something that she has not revealed.  ?  Maybe, she misspoke on that one and will later apologize.  

• Love 2
Just now, Boofish said:

Not sure how Ramona gets to be a champion for LuAnn considering the way she treats her. Ramona was a bitter old spinster seething with jealousy and resentment and the sooner she "owns it" the better off she will be. Not sure how her being poor and working since she was 16 is anymore noble than Bethanny trying to shove free cookies down people's throat at a grocery store with no one paying any attention and yet she persisted. 

You know, I've always loved Bethenny, but I'm going to give Ramona a pass on this. She isn't 100% wrong about her. Bethenny does seem to LOVE to cut ppl out of her life and not give second chances. When she's hurt, she bails. It's kind of annoying given that Ramona is pretty harmless. Ya, she stole some dresses and tried to shame Bethenny, something that cannot be done, so big deal. Ramona's feeling displaced so she lashed out and she WAS a good friend to Bethenny on and off the show. Bethenny should retract the claws, relax her shit, and soften her edges. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

(got my quoting wrong somehow, this post was from WireWrap)

I see two differences here. One, I think Bethenny would have been fine if Lu never wanted to speak to her again after the Hamptoms. Because B. I think she realized how out of line she was. She has said she was mortified by her behavior and she did take ownership and apologize.  Ramona has no self-awareness and thinks what she did was great. She kept saying Bethenny "attacked" her first, but I saw nothing of the sort. 

It took Bethenny a whole year to apologize to Luann and I suspect that her PR team had something to do with her apologizing for it on camera.

As for Ramona, she was drunk, which only exacerbates her confusion of the facts. 

43 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Can someone explain to me about the damage Ramona did to her room at Dorinda's?  The pictures looked like the paint was damaged and D said that Ro tore lights down? That is strange even for Ro.

The film crew hung bright lights throughout Dorinda's house, including the bedrooms. When Ramona finally went to bed, the lights in her room were still on, so she pulled them down so she could sleep. I guess just turning them off/unplugging them never occurred to her. LOL

• Love 12

Ramona's feeling displaced so she lashed out and she WAS a good friend to Bethenny on and off the show.

I follow B on snap so I know this isn't true.  I see Sonja, Dorinda, Carole, Adam all at the Hamptons during the off season.  I have seen Ramona once.  She showed up when she saw B got a fancy reno'd jeep in red and white leather.  She opened the door and dinged it.  She blamed Bethenny for where it was parked but you could clearly see that Ramona jumped in the car without even ringing the doorbell first.  So she is not even a sto by for a drink person in B's life off season.

• Love 17

Oh ladies and Trooper York ( I know there are other gents here, but I'm too new to know who they are), if I could quote all the wonderful lines that have me nodding line one of those drinking-bird tchotchkes, it would go on for pages. 

Y'all are 10,000% more enjoyable than the show!

Not a Beth fan -- not really a fan of anybody except Bluestone so maybe Dorinda -- but all this to-do over her leaving the scene of a fight has me amused.

Again, the first season I watched was Aviva's first.  It never failed to frustrate the dickens out of me that Ramona's MO was almost consistently to confront her foe of the moment, hurl an insult or accusation, then whirl around 180 degrees with a self-satisfied and evilly smug smirk and flounce off. Mario in tow, of course.

And now she is distraught when others play a version of that game? In some cases, a version that may actually demonstrate a deliberate trend toward improved mental health?!

I've figured out what I enjoy about RHONY: these discussions and the recaps here (& yon).  Thank you for watching as long as you continue to enjoy it more than not! I'll be enjoying the commentary and give & take and insights!

Sorry, Andy darlin', one less viewer for you! 

• Love 3

When Ramona went off on B, I just kept thinking well no lies told. Beth has claimed to be raised by wolfs and  being so broke. However she did go to private schools, her parents paid for her first wedding at the Four Seasons, they helped pay for alot of her life while she made it as a natural chef. I never read her book but I know it was mentioned she wrecked her car and was upset they didn't replace it with another luxury car and instead got her some regular car.  She has used people and tosses them aside when she is done using them. 

So considering their is a double standard when it comes to what B wants to show, with what she demands others show. She has been pretty nasty with the other ladies, (lU, specially Jules) I had no problem with what Ramona said. I do think R is a big piece of trash though, what she did to Dorindas home was messed up.

Sonja is also soooo wrong, your assistant cant open your door for a delivery but you think its okay to wears someone else's silk pajamas without even asking. How many people want to bet she took them home with her?

I do not miss Jill, I thought I did but nope.

• Love 13

It took Bethenny a whole year to apologize to Luann and I suspect that her PR team had something to do with her apologizing for it on camera.

She spoke to Luann the next morning.  Said her words etc were over the top and simply wrong.  She apologized a second time this season.  She has been very up front with Luann and doesn't for a second believe she should be besties and at the wedding.

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

As for Ramona, she was drunk, which only exacerbates her confusion of the facts. 

The film crew hung bright lights throughout Dorinda's house, including the bedrooms. When Ramona finally went to bed, the lights in her room were still on, so she pulled them down so she could sleep. I guess just turning them off/unplugging them never occurred to her. LOL

I'm wondering if it's just alcohol. Can anti-depressants mixed with alcohol create this effect? It seems like more than booze to me.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I follow B on snap so I know this isn't true.  I see Sonja, Dorinda, Carole, Adam all at the Hamptons during the off season.  I have seen Ramona once.  She showed up when she saw B got a fancy reno'd jeep in red and white leather.  She opened the door and dinged it.  She blamed Bethenny for where it was parked but you could clearly see that Ramona jumped in the car without even ringing the doorbell first.  So she is not even a sto by for a drink person in B's life off season.

Totally get that Ramona is a fairweather friend and a jealous pos at times, but when Bethenny was sick she was there 100%. And Dorinda is right, Ramona is going thru something big and seems to have everything in her life slipping thru her fingers. Her marriage, her daughter, her friendships, her youth. It's all going. I guess with age comes some flexibility on forgiving the petty things. The door ding, the not visiting, the damn dresses from 100 years ago...I just feel some compassion for Ramona, even though she can be an ass.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

So it's going to take more than a layer of paint to repair.  I'm wondering how the lights were mounted.  These were temporary.  So they should have been mounted so that they could be removed without damage.  That said, I believe that lights are on and rooms are set for filming until a specific time.  So Ramona was done with the lights and filming and just ripped them off.

I get Dorinda being just sad.  She has always spoken about how emotional her connection is to her home in the Berkshires.  And Sonja just taking an outfit out of Dorinda's closet (wardrobe room?).  That is beyond the pale.

Those two used to be the silly, fun-loving drunk aunties and occasionally a voice of sanity (compared to Aviva, who wasn't?) but now they're unremittingly vile.

Am I The only one who doesnt make the guest bed I've slept in, when I leave?  But I don't just leave it unmade-- I at least turn the coverlet or spread down on the foot of the bed, leave the sheets loosely bunched in the middle and the pillows to one side so the host/housekeeper has everything  reasonably handy to gather up for the laundry.

Oh -- maybe that was what Dorinda meant by "make the bed." As opposed to leaving it a total mess...which would be Ramina's default behavior, I imagine. Entitled wretch.

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I'm wondering if it's just alcohol. Can anti-depressants mixed with alcohol create this effect? It seems like more than booze to me.

Ramona seems messed up.  I'm not sure what it is.  Sometimes, there are logical explanations.  Notice how Dorinda said something was going on, but , she's not sure what.  I hope Ramona gets checked out.  Mini strokes can do damage.  They can cause balance issues, odd behavior, delusions, paranoia, and nasty behavior.  (I'm still wondering what proof there is that Ramona damaged the walls.  Once the film crew finished up for the night, they would have turned the lights out and not left them for her to sleep with. )  I'm not so sure that Ramona is being portrayed as a property damage offender due to her dog last year and the spill on the chair this year, but, is there proof of any other damage?  If she's suddenly, without any reason, doing substantial damage to property, she needs a medical exam, imo.  

I really like Dorinda, but, why make the bed if you know the linens are going to be changed later that day, presumably?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

She spoke to Luann the next morning.  Said her words etc were over the top and simply wrong.  She apologized a second time this season.  She has been very up front with Luann and doesn't for a second believe she should be besties and at the wedding.

I don't remember Bethenny apologizing to Luann the next morning. She and Carole left during breakfast, still in their PJs.

5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Ramona seems messed up.  I'm not sure what it is.  Sometimes, there are logical explanations.  Notice how Dorinda said something was going on, but , she's not sure what.  I hope Ramona gets checked out.  Mini strokes can do damage.  They can cause balance issues, odd behavior, delusions, paranoia, and nasty behavior.  (I'm still wondering what proof there is that Ramona damaged the walls.  Once the film crew finished up for the night, they would have turned the lights out and not left them for her to sleep with. )  I'm not so sure that Ramona is being portrayed as a property damage offender due to her dog last year and the spill on the chair this year, but, is there proof of any other damage?  If she's suddenly, without any reason, doing substantial damage to property, she needs a medical exam, imo.  

They showed the damage on the episode last night. When Ramona pulled the lights off the wall, the paint came off as well.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-9/episode-10/videos/the-berkshires-aftermath

• Love 5

Why did that apartment in Carole's building look so spacious with tall ceilings when Carole's looks super tiny?  It was like a loft space and Carole's is opposite, maybe the way the building was divided?

When I have guests they ask me what I want them to do with their sheets and usually I just say just leave them where they are, if they have good manners they make the bed up so it looks nice until I find the time to change the sheets.  With that many guests surely it will take time for the housekeeper to flip all of the rooms.

I sincerely hope Bethenny was joking about the closet de-mothing costing 10K! 

I thought the satin pajamas were pretty and looked expensive, albeit a little outdated, but that makes sense for how long her former husband has been gone.  I suspect that Sonja forgot her PJ's and did ask Dorinda if she could borrow a pair and Dorinda told her to check her drawer, but didn't expect she would take the "special" set out of a zippered bag.  Otherwise, it is just too outrageous that Sonja would sneak in her room and rifle through her drawers. 

Production will surely pay for the light damage but I am stunned Ramona didn't mention the damage and apologize to Dorinda before she left.  I would have still offered to pay for the damage (knowing that production would cover it)! 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, robroy said:

Okay- so I actually think everything Ramona said was atleast partially true but I still had to side with Bethenney because Ro was nuts! Why wait til now to bring up all that crap? And the totality of it is a big wah, wah, wah... When it behooved Ramona to get in Beth's good graces for business and popularity she was personally shoveling her bullshit. But now she is just jealous that thing continue to come up aces for Beth on the money and notoriety front. And she is jealous Lu got the man. And could give two fu**s about damaging Dorinda's house. And she gave two sh**s when Beth went after anyone else but now wants to point out how mean that was when she never once told Beth to cool it or discourage her. Plus Beth's boob job came out better.

I feel like I spoke with Ramona on the phone about a purchase order ten million years ago when she ran RMS Fashions and  I was a buyer's assistant at an off-price retailer.  I kind of remember a quick-talking scattered New York type...I remember a lot of those, actually.  LOL

I think that Ramona & Bethenny did have a genuine friendship for awhile there;  Ramona & Alex were at B's wedding, and Ramona went to visit her when she first had Bryn, and they were at Bethenny's 40th when she had a meltdown & locked herself in the bathroom.  As genuine as any of them can be, of course.

• Love 4
(edited)

I have no words for Sonja this season, panties in the bidet, proudly farting in public and now wearing Dorinda's sentimental pj's!

Dorinda was such a gracious hostess. Not saying anything to Sonja was probably best because I have a feeling if she really said what she felt it would have been brutal. And then her face at the gallery, you could tell she wanted to open up a can of whoop ass on Ramonaa for wrecking her walls but she remained calm. She's a zen master.

Carole's pictures looked very nice and I liked the digital display. (See, I said something nice about Carole).  But Adam really needs to stop trying to make salads "sexy"..just stop, it's embarrassing at this point.

Tinsley is still getting her footing and trying to navigate these shark filled waters,she deserves a second season so we can see what she really has to offer.

Did Bethenny have golf balls implanted in her cheeks? I did think it was funny when she spread her legs, I might have done the same in the same circumstance. I feel sorry for all of her assistants.

Ramona needs help. I think she's super depressed about Mario and how her life turned out. Ramona: you had a long marriage with a guy that was "good" until he wasn't. Now his new girl friend has a man who is a known cheat, he's her headache (and heartache) now, be glad you're done and accept it and move on. 

Oh Luann, her head in the sand but a ring on her hand, sold her wedding for a couple of grand.

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 11
(edited)
20 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I don't remember Bethenny apologizing to Luann the next morning. She and Carole left during breakfast, still in their PJs.

They showed the damage on the episode last night. When Ramona pulled the lights off the wall, the paint came off as well.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-9/episode-10/videos/the-berkshires-aftermath

I watched the clip twice.  Why do they assume that Ramona removed the lights? I would assume that the film crew did.  AND since, the film crew was STILL there and filming Dorinda as she saw the damage, why didn't they offer an explanation? Unless, there is some proof or admission from Ramona that she tore the lights from the wall, I will withhold judgment on her trashing the room.  What we know is that she did spill on the dining chair and she didn't make her bed.  I don't call that trashing a house.  That's my take on it.  It's just a case of contrivance and falsehoods to give a false impression.  Did you see how high up near the ceiling the lights were? Ramona would need a ladder to get up that high.  I don't see her climbing a ladder late at night while toasted. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

Sorry I'm distracted.  My bad.  She went back down to the kitchen that night.  But I don't remember if it was before or after the I made it nice speech.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I watched the clip twice.  Why do they assume that Ramona removed the lights? I would assume that the film crew did.  AND since, the film crew was STILL there and filming Dorinda as she saw the damage, why didn't they chip in? Unless, there is some proof or admission from Ramona that she tore the lights from the wall, I will withhold judgment on her trashing the room.  What we know is that she did spill on the dining chair and she didn't make her bed.  I don't call that trashing a house.  That's my take on it.  It's just a case of contrivance and falsehoods to give a false impression.  

The film crew would know how to remove the lights without doing any damage and I'm pretty sure that production did pay to fix the walls. Oh, and Ramona admits to doing the wall damage. LOL

• Love 8
(edited)
36 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

As WireWrap said, I don't remember an apology at all the morning after the Berkshires blowup. I remember Carole and Bethenny even attempting to leave without saying a thing to anyone and then Carole course correcting.

Bethenny did approach LuAnn in the kitchen later that night and conceded her display had been "not how she (Bethenny) ever wants to act" but that "you (LuAnn) bring this out in people." She then, per my recollection, proceeded to tag team Lu with Carole about all of the transgressions Lu had perpetrated and how she wasn't a "girl's girl"/none of the women wanted to bring men around Lu because, basically, she would take those men away like candy from a baby.

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, QuinnM said:

Sorry I'm distracted.  My bad.  She went back down to the kitchen that night.  But I don't remember if it was before or after the I made it nice speech.

Bethenny didn't apologize to Luann, she told Carole she went too far and said some nasty things that she regretted to Luann but she didn't say it to Luann until this season.

1 minute ago, lunastartron said:

As WireWrap said, I don't remember an apology at all the morning after the Berkshires blowup. I remember Carole and Bethenny even attempting to leave without saying a thing to anyone and then Carole course correcting.

Bethenny did approach LuAnn in the kitchen later that night and conceded her display had been "not how she (Bethenny) ever wants to act" but that "you (LuAnn) bring this out in people." She then, per my recollection, proceeded to tag team Lu with Carole about all of the transgressions Lu had perpetrated and how she wasn't a "girl's girl"/none of the women wanted to bring men around Lu because, basically, she would take those men away like candy from a baby.

Exactly. Bethenny was not apologizing to Luann, she was justifying what she did/said.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

The film crew would know how to remove the lights without doing any damage and I'm pretty sure that production did pay to fix the walls. Oh, and Ramona admits to doing the wall damage. LOL

Later when Dorinda was talking about the damage, it seemed that Ramona acquiecsed.  Did she even know what Dorinda was talking about? ODD.  I just don't see how Ramona could have managed to remove lights that high up without getting a ladder.  Hmmm......sounds contrived to me.  

I just don't see how Ramona could have managed to remove lights that high up without getting a ladder.  Hmmm......sounds contrived to me.

Grab the wire and pull.  That may be how the woodwork got scuffed.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Later when Dorinda was talking about the damage, it seemed that Ramona acquiecsed.  Did she even know what Dorinda was talking about? ODD.  I just don't see how Ramona could have managed to remove lights that high up without getting a ladder.  Hmmm......sounds contrived to me.  

Most likely she stood on a chair to remove them.

• Love 1

Seeing Ramona’s behavior really makes me wonder what Mario and Avery have put up with over the years.  I’ve never liked her after she threw the glass.  I am not a B fan, but she really handled that well.  I loved the way she didn’t allow anything Ramona said get to her and it just drove Ramona even crazier!! 

Now I really hate Ramona because she has me feeling sympathy for Mario and siding with B.  I’m starting to wonder if she can hang on to that apple for next year.

• Love 7

All of the apologies on this show with these women come with an expiration date because these women are only sorry about things they say and do to each other until a moment comes along that they feel justifies that past behavior and now they can be like, "You know what, I'm not sorry for that BECAUSE" and insert inane reason here.

• Love 4

DBvHj8wVoAA86-B.jpg

Who knew when Ramona posted this pic on her twitter it was a self portrait of her there with the wings going Bat Shit Crazy

I guess I'm finding it hard to believe that Ramona pulled the lights down in the room. If she yanked down the lights by the wire I'm supposed to believe there's no shattered light bulbs and no more damage to the walls with scratch marks? Am I supposed to believe she caught the lights and didn't drop any? Am I supposed to believe she climbed furniture and pulled the fixtures down? I met her and she super tiny - maybe 5 5 if she is wearing 4 inch heels. Even climbing on a chair she would not have been able to reach.

When Dorinda described maneuvering Sonja back upstairs, she said as soon as Sonja was close to Ramona's door, she kicked her in. So were Ramona & Sonja sharing a room?

When Bethenny climbed up that ladder in her apt, I was waiting for her to move some hangers and find Ramona hanging in there upside down clutching some more dresses to steal.

• Love 7

Ramona is a crazy bitch.

Its not about whether what she said to B was true or not. It's about someone who professes to be your friend, in a moment of anger (or whatever Romona was) tells you they truly think you are a horrible bitch who slept her way to success! Gah! If that were me I would have walked out too. I think B even said at one point "if that's what you think of me why do you want to be around me." This this this. Why Romana doesn't get it is stupidifying. Then Romona is all "what? What? I thought we were friends?" She needs some serious therapy cuz girl got problems. 

Yes B said some horrendous things to Lu but she doesn't run around trying to convince Lu she is her bestest bestie.  The lack of self awareness Ro has is frightening and someone who is really her friend should explain this to her.

• Love 19
24 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Ramona said she pulled the lights down herself.  She said she knew from previous experience that they just used double sided tape and she guesses she didn't know her own strength.  She basically laughed about it in her blog. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Dutchgirl said:

Totally get that Ramona is a fairweather friend and a jealous pos at times, but when Bethenny was sick she was there 100%. And Dorinda is right, Ramona is going thru something big and seems to have everything in her life slipping thru her fingers. Her marriage, her daughter, her friendships, her youth. It's all going. I guess with age comes some flexibility on forgiving the petty things. The door ding, the not visiting, the damn dresses from 100 years ago...I just feel some compassion for Ramona, even though she can be an ass.

It is funny though, reading the comments about Ramona this season. One could go back about 3 seasons and read very similar comments. The year she was throwing oars at Kristen, bitching about having to vacation in the Berkshire's, and having an A/C unit delivered to Heather's house. Then there was her complete meltdown in the kitchen over breakfast the next morning, and her fast getaway when she called her friend for a plane because she couldn't take the fact that the others thought she was wrong for her behavior. The gals sat her down and did a little intervention that season after that because she was so out of control. The comments back then were so similar to those now. What on earth is wrong with her? She has always been looney, but she is even more so than ever before. Folks were shocked at her behavior that season which surprised me because she was just Ramona being the Ramona she has always been. A truly horrible human being all the way to her core. This season she just seems pretty much the same to me. 

• Love 24
1 minute ago, motorcitymom65 said:

It is funny though, reading the comments about Ramona this season. One could go back about 3 seasons and read very similar comments. The year she was throwing oars at Kristen, bitching about having to vacation in the Berkshire's, and having an A/C unit delivered to Heather's house. Then there was her complete meltdown in the kitchen over breakfast the next morning, and her fast getaway when she called her friend for a plane because she couldn't take the fact that the others thought she was wrong for her behavior. The gals sat her down and did a little intervention that season after that because she was so out of control. The comments back then were so similar to those now. What on earth is wrong with her? She has always been looney, but she is even more so than ever before. Folks were shocked at her behavior that season which surprised me because she was just Ramona being the Ramona she has always been. A truly horrible human being all the way to her core. This season she just seems pretty much the same to me. 

I seem to remember Ramona cut Kristen with a glass while she was in the water and cut her lip! I'm surprised she's lasted this long with all these crazy assaults!

• Love 9