Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E24: Love In La La Land

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

If it matters, you are allowed one ounce every 30 days and six plants for personal use in California. The recreational shops are allowed to open as of January 1, 2018 barring any bureaucratic delays :) 

Thanks! If I wasn't nursing a baby it would matter a lot ? clearly I never attempted to buy that much at once!

Edited by Faul McCartney
  • Love 2

Once again, Farrah seemed pretty normal. Agree that her hair is straw, but like that she seems to have lost the trowel for her makeup application.  Re Sophia and the baby talk, both my boys did a semi baby talk from 4 to about 6 in certain situations, when they were uncomfortable or embarrassed. I hated it, but it was pretty harmless and they outgrew it. That made me think through,  hubby and I were pretty open with kids, but my kids didn't know "hooker" at Leah's age.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, poopchute said:

Dawn is such a piece of shit. When Tyler said something about "when she comes back to us down the line we can show her all these letters we wrote" and she said that's an INCREDIBLY HEALTHY PERSPECTIVE TO HAVE. Um actually it's the opposite. How can she possibly encourage the idea that Carly will come seek them out when she is 18?! Catelyn and Tyler are dumb as dirt so of course they think that but it is just so, so irresponsible of Dawn to not correct them.

I agree. A good adoption coordinator would be neutral and present all possibilities. Not ALL adopted kids want to know their bio parents. It's quite likely Carly will have no desire to seek them out. Or she may read up on them and decide she doesn't want to get to know them. Neither way is wrong, but every adopted child is different and some are fine with only knowing their adoptive parents. 

19 hours ago, MrsBestes said:

Anyone else notice Maci putting Jayde down to bed and leaving the TV on for her to fall asleep to? Is Jayde even 2? I know some will disagree, but I think that is so inappropriate for a kid that age. She's going to develop some messed up sleeping habits.

For some reason I thought that was Taylor watching the TV. But I would be in agreement with you. My kids do not have TVs in their room and won't until they're old enough to buy one themselves. It will definitely cause you to form some bad habits. 

5 hours ago, teapot said:

I'm not sure if Sofia's in school or not, but her family talks baby talk AT her.  I've never actually heard anyone ask her a question without immediately answering for her. 

Sophia WAS in school for sure - because she got a letter sent home about wearing makeup. Deb and Farrah laughed it off, as if Sophia shouldn't be expected to follow the same rules as everyone else. I'm not sure what her situation is now, though. I won't judge Sophia's speech abilities until I've heard her talk to someone outside her family (and outside of their presence). It's quite possible she speaks normally when not bombarded with the constant baby talk. 

1 hour ago, MissMel said:

I haven't seen anything saying she has to switch schools.  Amber said they would be about 20 minutes away now instead or 45 or so.  It very well could be the same school district.  Not to mention, I highly doubt Gary would rip her away from friends like that.  Amber would but Gary?  Nah.

Yea, I don't see Gary doing that. He seems to take her school experience very seriously - i.e. being hesitant to give Amber overnights because of Leah's stellar attendance record. 

• Love 8

So, Leah is surprised by a new home, her belongings have been moved. She seemed to take it well. (I'm not so sure I would have done that with my children, though). She didn't look around and say, "Where's my.......", or anything like that. Switch to Sophia and Farrah. First question Sophia had, "Are we bringing the golf cart?". 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, MissMel said:

I haven't seen anything saying she has to switch schools.  Amber said they would be about 20 minutes away now instead or 45 or so.  It very well could be the same school district.  Not to mention, I highly doubt Gary would rip her away from friends like that.  Amber would but Gary?  Nah.

This seems like a fun surprise, not a traumatic one.

I agree. In these communities, like mine, there is only one school for the area. Our county only has one elementary school so no matter where you live it is where you go.

FWIW, my kids watched this episode and they thought the idea was awesome.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

For some reason I thought that was Taylor watching the TV. But I would be in agreement with you. My kids do not have TVs in their room and won't until they're old enough to buy one themselves. It will definitely cause you to form some bad habits. 

Taylor told Maci to just let her watch tv (or something like that) while Maci was bringing Jayde to her crib. Maci put Jayde in the crib and closed the door. You can clearly see the TV lights on in the room and Jayde hypnotized by it. Such lazy parenting. 

• Love 6

When I was in second grade my parents got divorced, and we moved, they did it while I was at school, I left school from one house and went home to another... they had to catch me from getting on the bus like I normally did. It's hard to say in retrospect how much I knew was going on, they didn't hide anything from me so it wasn't like they were protecting me, I was physically at the court when they got divorced (I have no idea why, but I know I was there)... but I was in for a rude awakening the next time we moved and I was not left out of the festivities. All of that to say I'm not sure how it'll effect leah, but I'm willing to bet Gary has it handled. Hopefully they'll let her finish the year (or I guess I should say finished in real time) the year at her school, I'm way too invested in her perfect attendance record.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I agree. In these communities, like mine, there is only one school for the area. Our county only has one elementary school so no matter where you live it is where you go.

I'm in a rural county, as well.  We have different schools for each zone but if you want to go to a different school, you can.  They have to have room in the classroom and you have provide the transportation.  It's possible Leah can still attend the same school but without a bus ride.  (If she ever even rode the bus to begin with.)  

• Love 2

Just looked at the property listing. As far as the house itself, I wouldn't mind having, the stove, pantry, shower and closet! That's all I can recall right now. Nice house!

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, MrsBestes said:

aylor told Maci to just let her watch tv (or something like that) while Maci was bringing Jayde to her crib. Maci put Jayde in the crib and closed the door. You can clearly see the TV lights on in the room and Jayde hypnotized by it. Such lazy parenting. 

I agree. Very lazy parenting. Shows you how much attention I pay to these broads. I thought Taylor was telling Maci to take the kid upstairs so HE could just watch TV. hahahaha

27 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

We are buying a home right now and, while I want to be involved in the CHOOSING, I would love to come home one day to an already moved and unpacked home. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

For those that are curious, Gary purchase the Pendleton farm for $333,000 in March to spite Amber.  Pictures are still on Zillow to spite Amber. Tractor came with the house to spite Amber.  Gary owns 5 properties now to spite Amber.

It is a different school district but it's only 20 minutes away. They might be driving the kids to school for the remainder of the school year and then have them start the new school in the fall. 

Can you just drive your kids to any school district you want? Legit asking because that's not how it works where I live but I don't know how Indiana taxes and school districts work.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Just looked at the property listing. As far as the house itself, I wouldn't mind having, the stove, pantry, shower and closet! That's all I can recall right now. Nice house!

You're just saying that to spite Amber!

• Love 20

I'm in Texas, not Indiana, but you can kinda-sorta choose your district sometimes. My BIL had to do this for my niece after they found out their house was sitting just outside the district for the middle school they thought she was going to. Like their next-door neighbors were in the district, but they weren't. She'd already tried out and made the cheerleading squad and gone to volleyball summer workouts with the first district and it just took a few phone calls and forms to let her stay there.

You can ask (maybe apply? not sure of the specifics) to go to a school outside of your district. They can say yes or no. Usually if they have room and your kid isn't a "problem kid" then they'll OK it, especially since they'll get money from the state for them. If Leah was already established at her school, Gary and Kristina probably wouldn't have any problems getting this done. And if it didn't work, I'm sure Gary would set up play dates for her with her old friends. 

• Love 3

I live in a very rural area. There are just a few schools in the entire county. My kids are homeschooled, but if they attended a brick and mortar school, the closest one is 12 miles away. But their neighbor friend got permission to go to the next closest elementary school, which is about 23 miles away. I have no idea how it works everywhere, but I think if there are limited choices, they may give the kids more flexibility. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Why am I not smart enough to find his Zillow listing?!? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

For those that are curious, Gary purchase the Pendleton farm for $333,000 in March to spite Amber.  Pictures are still on Zillow to spite Amber. Tractor came with the house to spite Amber.  Gary owns 5 properties now to spite Amber.

It is a different school district but it's only 20 minutes away. They might be driving the kids to school for the remainder of the school year and then have them start the new school in the fall. 

Do you have a link for the listing?  I wasn't able to find it with my sorry sleuthing skilz.

• Love 1
(edited)

Can you just drive your kids to any school district you want? Legit asking because that's not how it works where I live but I don't know how Indiana taxes and school districts work.

I live in a very NOT rural area, where you have to lie about your address if you want your kid in a different school district, but I believe that even out here (Orange County, CA), if your kid has been at a school most of the year & then moves out of district, they don't bat an eye to letting the kid finish out the year. 

Edited by CaliforniaLove
  • Love 3

When my middle daughter was in Kindergarten,  we moved to a better school district (PA). She could have finished out the year, with us providing transportation.. The new school district was full day, the old was half day. She asked if she could just switch to the new one so she could have lunch at school. Priorities. 

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, Birdee said:

I'm in Texas, not Indiana, but you can kinda-sorta choose your district sometimes. My BIL had to do this for my niece after they found out their house was sitting just outside the district for the middle school they thought she was going to. Like their next-door neighbors were in the district, but they weren't. She'd already tried out and made the cheerleading squad and gone to volleyball summer workouts with the first district and it just took a few phone calls and forms to let her stay there.

You can ask (maybe apply? not sure of the specifics) to go to a school outside of your district. They can say yes or no. Usually if they have room and your kid isn't a "problem kid" then they'll OK it, especially since they'll get money from the state for them. If Leah was already established at her school, Gary and Kristina probably wouldn't have any problems getting this done. And if it didn't work, I'm sure Gary would set up play dates for her with her old friends. 

I am also in Texas (Houston), and there is generally a way to go to a school you aren't zoned for... whether you ask permission and have it granted, or you sneak and use a different address. I do think it depends on the area/district so I have no clue how I would apply in this case, but I imagine that depending on when this was filmed in real time, that if you were 3/4ths of the way through the school year and the parent is willing to handle transportation, there shouldn't be an issue in letting the child finish out the year.  If he had to I'm sure he has a rental house zoned to the school as could use that address if necessary, but I don't really think hes doing that.

Do we know for a fact she goes to a public school? I always assumed she did since we never see a uniform or anything to indicate a private school, but I suppose that could be an alternative, or some sort of charter/magnet school (I have no idea what age that becomes an option). I'm not too worried because I'm sure Gary took all of that into consideration and has Leah's best interest in mind.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, poopchute said:

Depends on the county, not the state. In many places, though, the answer is yes. Especially if it is a Title 1 school. It is part of the no child left behind act. 

• Love 2
On 6/6/2017 at 3:02 PM, CofCinci said:

She is possibily a very unethical social worker, to the point where I often struggle with whether or not her lack of boundaries with her clients is a violation of the NASW Code of Ethics or state laws/rules; however, we've actually discussed this at work (clinical social workers who watch TM) and her clients are actually B&T and we haven't seen her harm her clients. 

By saying the bold part above, would this mean Dawn is checking in on C & T for B & T without Cate or Tyler realizing this?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Birdee said:

[Regarding Sugar Creme Pie]

I never knew this existed.  Now I do and now I need to make it. So thanks for ruining my bikini body (that I was going to start working on today). 

Blame GARY. It's his fault; he started it. Actually, blame AMBER, since he only makes pie to spite her, and only sells them to spite her. Shit flows uphill, and since Amber is boss, she can take the blame.

5 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I don't get why Maci and Taylor focus on that hideous clothing line and do something with their real passion.. beer. Why don't they use their money to open a liquor store? Not that they would leave any merchandise for the customers.

I've been saying that since they began talking about the clothing business he wanted to buy. I suggested they invest in a local craft brew, but a liquor store would work, too. 

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Court said:

In regards to the poop, my 2 year old took off her pullup during nap. When she got up, it was obvious there was poop in her room. I immediately cleaned it up and didn't leave it there for her to give to anyone!  No one was here and I was disgusted.  How could they be so nonchalant about Nova finding poop!???

Because they are so used to living in a dirty home. I was shocked at what Tyler said..."If she hadn't shown us, we wouldn't have ever known about it" (paraphrasing). Really, Tyler? What you mean is, you would have never found it because your lazy ass and your fat lazy wife never clean up your home. Sorry, but shit smells.

Like you Court, I came upon a turd in one of my kid's crib when they were a toddler. I found it after I noticed a stench coming from her room about 15 minutes after I took her out of her crib. I could tell she had been messing with her diaper when she had woken up from her nap. I just cannot fathom how long Nova's turd had been laying on the ground to the point it dried up and no longer smelled. Or, maybe their house smells like human shit and dog shit to the point they are immune to the smell? I mean, shit smells!! When it dries up, it is no longer pungent. Was Nova's shit there for a long time? Ewww gross!!

5 hours ago, MissMel said:

This seems like a fun surprise, not a traumatic one.

Exactly. Nothing was said to indicate Leah was changing up schools. Gary must have bought that property and it happens to be closer to Amba's rental place. Not that he purposely bought the land to be closer to her, it just happens to be near those two assholes. 

• Love 8
(edited)
7 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Ok. Someone here posted about her changing schools so I assumed I just didn't hear it in the episode.

@TresGatos mentioned new school, but that was never said on the show. It was just a misunderstanding. 

Edited by GreatKazu
24 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Ok. Someone here posted about her changing schools so I assumed I just didn't hear it in the episode.

What @GreatKazu said and it started an interesting conversation.  No worries.  :)

On 2017-6-6 at 9:18 AM, CaliforniaLove said:

Yeah, she didn't even tell him she was pregnant, and didn't want him involved. Cut to a few years later, and suddenly he was her "true love", the one that got away", and now Sophia's imaginary friend. It's creepy revisionist history, but I'm at least glad "Daddy Derek's" family gets to have some involvement with Sophia. 

Thank god I had finished eating before seeing Nova with the poop. It literally made me nauseous. And Tyler comes off as so fake to me when he acts like he's just DYING to see Carly. 

About that dog poop-does anyone think that they actually de-worm their dogs? My Vet says they should be done at every change of season, I just can't see them bothering to do that. Who knows what is in that crap that Nova puts in her hands, then hands go to her mouth! Gross!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, MissMel said:

Good job Gary!  I want that house.  All of it.

I want it too but remember he had to have sex with Amber to even get off the ground. That's a huge price to pay for a kitchen with an island. But oh do I want a kitchen with an island! And the size of the pantry makes me straight up jealous.

• Love 13

I live in the suburbs north of Atlanta. You can "choice" to another school in the district provided there's space. It's done via lottery.  So say there's ten spots in school B but twenty kids apply for school. District draws for those ten spots.

If you live in the county district, you can become a tuition student in our district which is city.  Again, provided there is space in the  school you want.

6 minutes ago, Court said:

I live in the suburbs north of Atlanta. You can "choice" to another school in the district provided there's space. It's done via lottery.  So say there's ten spots in school B but twenty kids apply for school. District draws for those ten spots.

If you live in the county district, you can become a tuition student in our district which is city.  Again, provided there is space in the  school you want.

Or you can find someone with an Atlanta proper address and use that on the papers like I did.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Court said:

Leah is not changing schools. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mittsigirl said:

I want to send Gary & Kristina a housewarming gift, just to spite Amber!

You are too funny. 

There are varying rules for school districts in each county and each state. Not every school district is the same.  We used to be able to use a relative's address and get away with going to a school outside our district. Now, parents must prove they live at the address they give the school. I live here in Southern California. I won't get into the exceptions. Besides, no one said on the episode that Leah was going to a different school. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Meatball said:

I want it too but remember he had to have sex with Amber to even get off the ground. That's a huge price to pay for a kitchen with an island. But oh do I want a kitchen with an island! And the size of the pantry makes me straight up jealous.

The pantry and laundry room make me hot for Gary. 

• Love 18
(edited)
5 hours ago, mittsigirl said:

About that dog poop-does anyone think that they actually de-worm their dogs? My Vet says they should be done at every change of season, I just can't see them bothering to do that. Who knows what is in that crap that Nova puts in her hands, then hands go to her mouth! Gross!

IF ONLY it was DOG poop! Tha would make it slightly more understandable but it was HUMAN poop! It was gross baby's poop!!

i have a 2 year old. And she can get sticky and dirty and kids can do super gross things but I feel (and I feel bad saying this) that nova is a gross baby. If my daughter found her own shit dried up, I would be so freaking mortified and traumatized. Not just that but in general there is something that just turns me off about gross baby nova. She's a dirt child.  There is nothing cute about her IMO. A lot has to do with her parents but I feel like she's constantly running around like a naked, dirt, wild , gross dirt kid who smells!! 

Ugh please forgive me I hate myself for feeling that way!

Edited by KittyKat133
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, HausfrauoftheDE said:

I'm pretty certain it's a tea infuser tumbler. I have one just like it from Teami. It's marketed for weight loss. 

That makes sense:

ambie15.thumb.JPG.595a654934f4ba1da3cb1d30182657a3.JPG

BTW, MissMel is hausfrauoftheFLA.  :)

• Love 4

Cate and Tyler are so lacking in awareness it is ridiculous.  They sit around yapping about not seeing Carly and this imaginary "foundation" named after her while Nova goes turd hunting around the house.

I know all people and situations are different.  For myself, I have never wanted to seek out my bio parents, and I have a bit of a fear that they would try to track me down.  You just never know and that's a rock I just don't want to go looking under.  I grew up in a stable, loving home with parents who were married, and they cherished me and my sister.  We were their world, and my parents surely met and exceeded the expectations of what my bio parents wanted for me when they made the decision to put me up for adoption.   I probably sound like a broken record, but I would have been terrified of people like Cate & Tyler and all their associates. 

• Love 23
(edited)
3 minutes ago, AirQuotes said:

Cate and Tyler are so lacking in awareness it is ridiculous.  They sit around yapping about not seeing Carly and this imaginary "foundation" named after her while Nova goes turd hunting around the house.

I know all people and situations are different.  For myself, I have never wanted to seek out my bio parents, and I have a bit of a fear that they would try to track me down.  You just never know and that's a rock I just don't want to go looking under.  I grew up in a stable, loving home with parents who were married, and they cherished me and my sister.  We were their world, and my parents surely met and exceeded the expectations of what my bio parents wanted for me when they made the decision to put me up for adoption.   I probably sound like a broken record, but I would have been terrified of people like Cate & Tyler and all their associates. 

Tyler: sigh...I wonder how many turds Carly's given to Brandon...you know she called me Daddy at the wedding that time, I bet she wished she could give me a dry turd too. (Bong rip) 

Cate: Ill ask Dawn if the sisters can exchange turds maybe? Haven't heard back...

SCENE.

Imagine Carly meeting Uncle Snaggletooth who comes around every once in a while when they need exposition? I think it's Cate's cousin or something. 

Edited by Uncle JUICE
  • Love 6
(edited)

I am obsessed with the fact that Maci threatened to "pop" Jade.  Who threatens a baby like that?  I have always disliked her for hitting Bentley, especially when it involved his normal child behavior in front of her friends.  I had hoped that Taylor brought a different type of parenting skill to the table.  I hate her.  I feel so bad for those kids.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 9
53 minutes ago, AirQuotes said:

Or how Cate sat there on vacation talking about how it would have been selfish to keep Carly while nova was at home with butch.   the person she blamed as being a big part of why she gave up carly. She needs to admit to herself that she did it because she wanted to keep Tyler.  Its pretty crazy that she blames April and Butch for that decision when they are Nova's babysitters all the time.   I would have a lot more respect for Cate if she was out there preaching that people keep their kids that are unplanned all the time and find ways to make it work and how you might regret it if you let your boyfriend or temporary circumstance push you into a permanent decision.    I have no problem with adoption but in her case I don't think she would do it again if she could go back and she has not adjusted well at all in my opinion.

Maci is trash.   Her threatening that poor kid over nail polish of all things is just another example of how Maci is a nasty bitch who loves to control things.    Her house is probably a bunch of alcoholic screaming and kids being spanked for nothing all the time.  She should do the exact opposite of what her parents did because without that MTV money she would be making the same shit life decisions but doing it out of a trailer park somewhere.   

• Love 7
14 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

@TresGatos mentioned new school, but that was never said on the show. It was just a misunderstanding. 

It's just that Pendleton and Anderson have totally different schools. I found this from Indiana legal aid:

What happens if we move during the school year?

If you move out of the school district during the school year, you can choose to remain in the same school for the remainder of the semester. If you want to stay until the end of the year, you can ask the school to allow you to stay in the school until the end of the year. It will be up to the school to make this decision.

However, if a student has completed the 11th grade at a school and then the family moves out of the district the student can choose to attend 12th grade in the school where she went to 11th grade.

Can I attend a school outside my district?

A student can apply to attend a school outside her district. The student may have to pay tuition at that school if the student is accepted by the school. Some schools have limited space for tuition students, so you may or may not be allowed to attend school outside of your school district.

IAnderson and Pendleton are both Madison County and part of the South Madison School District but they have totally different high schools, elementary schools, ect. I just thought that they probably moved during summer break. It's just my experience with Indiana that if you move 25 minutes in any direction (20 minutes from Amber instead of 45) you are moving into a new school district. Anderson and Pendleton are both pretty large towns. Pendleton has a prison so a lot of prison workers liver there (so it will be convenient for Leah to visit her mother in the future if some predictions bear out). School districts can be weird, I was another one went to a different public elementary school than my next door neighbor and my elementary school was in another town than the city we lived in in Kentucky so I guess it could happen. However, it looks like Gary's address might technically be part of Hancock County and Realtor.com says that schools for that address are located in Greenfield, Hancock County which is still part of the Indianapolis-Carmel-Anderson Metropolitan Statistical Area but would be a different school district.

On the other hand, a bet Leah will have a blast on the farm. I hope Gary gets her a pony...a miniature pony.

• Love 5