Type keyword(s) to search

America's Got These Media Links

• Start Topic

I guess a prophecy has been fulfilled: Simon Cowell is replacing Howard Stern.  http://deadline.com/2015/10/simon-cowell-americas-got-talent-judge-1201590648/

Ugh.  I guess it's better than Piers coming back, but I'm really not looking forward to Simon and his negativity/snark.   I'll give the show a try next season but I don't know that I will make it through the entire thing with him.  I don't like the other three judges enough to put up with Simon. 

I don't think this is awful news - American Idol began a really sharp drop in quality once Simon left, so how bad could he be as an AGT judge? Yes, he's snarky, but I'd put up with that over Howard, who I think was overrated as a judge.

I am thrilled Simon is the replacement judge. I missed him when he left Idol so it'll be good to see him back on tv again since I didn't watch his other show whose (who's?) name escapes me right now.

edited to fix a mispelled word

Edited by Happy Belly
  • Love 2

America's Got Talent, Judged by the EU and Canada!

Not one native-born American jidge.  Amazing.  I'm pretty sure Heidi has retained German citizenship.  Mel B. and Simon certainly have UK passports.

I'm very pleased that Simon will be on the panel.  The eye rolls he will have for Heidi, and the snark he will bring for Howie, will be epic.

• Love 1

I am thrilled Simon will be back on my TV!  I have missed him.  I wonder if the seating arrangement will be the same.  I bet Heidi and MelB change places.  If I were Simon I would not want Heidi next to me.  

• Love 1

Re: Nick. I thought the joke was unfunny and stupid, and still, not funny. He's really NOT much of a stand-up comedian.

Is it because I'm Caucasian? I don't like the usage of the word at all, although Richard Pryor used it and I thought him hilarious. But he also wasn't using the word as the whole point of the joke.

1 hour ago, PepperMonkey said:

Re: Nick. I thought the joke was unfunny and stupid, and still, not funny. He's really NOT much of a stand-up comedian.

Understatement of the year.

I tried to watch one of his previous stand-up specials and I only made it through about 10 min.  Don't worry, PepperMonkey--it's not you.  The brother just is painfully bad at stand-up.  I don't know why people just can't stay in their lane.  I've always found Cannon to be kind of corny but my mom kept telling me how good he was on AGT so I gave it a watch to follow Jon Dorenbos ("Fly, Eagles fly..."!)  I was pleasantly surprised at his hosting abilities and I'll even admit he's tolerable on Wildin' Out and Real Husbands of Hollywood.  But was he satisfied with that?  Of course not.  He fancies himself the next Pryor/Murphy/Chappelle. 

I couldn't believe when I heard he managed to score yet another special (whoever green-lighted that should be fired!) but to torpedo the best job he had over some ridiculous, inflated sense of dignity---About the N word of all things!  Whaaaa??!!  I think he probably likens it to Chappelle walking away from the huge Comedy Central paycheck.    Now, that's funny.

Rumor du jour is they'll ask Seacrest. Which wouldn't be...horrible, but I'd rather they got an up and coming comedian who's willing to be as silly as the show demands sometimes.

Showtime is doing a free preview weekend this Friday, Saturday and Sunday and Nick's special is available on demand. If anyone wants to check it out.

7 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Rumor du jour is they'll ask Seacrest. Which wouldn't be...horrible, but I'd rather they got an up and coming comedian who's willing to be as silly as the show demands sometimes.

I agree. It would be nice to have a new face who doesn't take him/herself too seriously.  I wonder if there's a past contestant that would be a good fit?  Someone who is funny but also has been-there-done-that. Taylor maybe? 

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:03 AM, Indy said:

I wonder if there's a past contestant that would be a good fit?  Someone who is funny but also has been-there-done-that. Taylor maybe? 

Yes, the guy who lost to a dog act! His name escapes me at the moment, but he was funny...and definitely got robbed.

On 3/1/2017 at 2:57 AM, MsTree said:

Yes, the guy who lost to a dog act! His name escapes me at the moment, but he was funny...and definitely got robbed.

Tom Cotter.  He's a little dry for the hosting role, though.  While I enjoyed Nick's "Let's do this!" re-performing with the bad auditions, I always felt the host of this show should be a comforting presence* pre- and post- performance, and Nick's a little manic for that. 

*That said, I would love to see Tom Bergeron on this but I'm sure ABC's got him in something airtight. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Drogo said:

That said, I would love to see Tom Bergeron on this but I'm sure ABC's got him in something airtight. 

Totally agree with you on Tom Bergeron. He's got to be the BEST "LIVE" host ever!!

• Love 2

Horrible choice.  This is Lauren Sanchez (first SYTYCD host) train wreck bad.  There is no way there won't be bigtime cattiness and resentments.  Tyra will have to work hard and Heidi and Mel simply sit there looking good.  Those two will spend much of their time worrying if they look as good as Tyra.  

Simon and Howie will enjoy the hell out of this mess, but the ratings will hit Simon hard.

• Love 1

This is a TERRIBLE choice. Does she even have a sense of humor? If they felt they wanted an African-American female to host this show, why not Aisha Tyler? She is young, she is beautiful and has a fantastic sense of humor as you can see during her hosting duties of Whose Line Is It Anyway.  I dont think I am going to like this season and this show is my summer crack. Please prove me wrong Tyra.

• Love 2

Upon seeing this in a ad today I have to add my voice to the chorus of boos for this move. All the intereactions of Nick and the contestants was like half of the fun of the seemingly 3 month long audition process. I can't imagine wanting to be the 'And let's get Tyra out here to hold a rose I'll whip out of her mouth...' person. Nick was always up for anything and often jumped in to save the day. I just can't see her being able to even shine Nick's spikey shoes in this role. Absolutely terrible.

I think this one has run it's course though... I just deleted the remains of last season (after the first few auditions). I could never find time or motivation to even watch the last show to see who won.

• Love 2
On 3/15/2017 at 10:45 AM, Happy Belly said:

This is a TERRIBLE choice. Does she even have a sense of humor? If they felt they wanted an African-American female to host this show, why not Aisha Tyler? She is young, she is beautiful and has a fantastic sense of humor as you can see during her hosting duties of Whose Line Is It Anyway.  I dont think I am going to like this season and this show is my summer crack. Please prove me wrong Tyra.

She would be a very good choice.  She may be under contract to CBS though.  Surely they considered her.  There are many black male and female comics who could work.  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Tyra has done some awesomely insane things on ANTM so I'm not counting her out just yet. We'll see.

That is good to hear. 

The only thing disturbing abut that is Tyra manhanfling the kid.   If that really happened they may have an assault claim (and the video should easily determine that).    Everything else?  Pfft.  Like the article says, carefuel what you sign up for.  If you're going to be a performer you have to have a thick skin and if you're going on a national reality show doubly so.   

I find it hard to believe a veteran like Tyra would lay hands on a child like that. Otherwise, yeah sounds like their song was crap and they were roundly mocked for it by the judges and audience. But the producers will probably settle to make it go away and the truth, whatever that is, will remain unknown.