Type keyword(s) to search

America's Got These Media Links

• Start Topic

Well, crap. Jackie Evancho has anorexia and osteoporosis.

After sustaining multiple back injuries in a 2021 car accident, the America's Got Talent singer discovered that she had developed osteoporosis due to an ongoing battle with anorexia.  

"They were abnormal breaks, breaks that you see in 80-year-olds," the 22-year-old, who placed second on the competition series in 2010, told People. "That's how I learned that my eating problems created osteoporosis."...

For Jackie, her eating disorder began to develop when she was 15 and going through puberty. 

"I noticed that I looked a little bigger to myself, so I asked my mom, 'Do I look fat?' And she was like, 'No, no, that's just baby fat,'" she recalled. "So I decided that I was going to start to mildly diet and start working out regularly." ..."When I started to go days without eating, in my head I said, 'I know that this isn't normal,'" she detailed. "I felt exhausted, moody, tearful, but after a bit of time, I started to feel nothing."...

In October, she sought inpatient treatment. Today, she continues to see a nutritionist and therapist as well as undergoing eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR).  

So filming for America's Got Talent: All Stars is starting this week. No published report, got sent an email from On Camera Audiences about tickets. If you're in the Pasadena area you could attend taping. They describe the contestants as "From past winners to fan favorites and viral megastars" which pretty much could include anyone.

• Useful 1

Season 5 winner Michael Grimm hospitalized since Memorial Day with mystery illness

Things escalated on Memorial Day and the singer “could barely walk, couldn’t lift his head” and was becoming unresponsive. He was rushed to the ER as she thought he might be having a stroke, but that was not the case....

“For the safety of his health, they had to put him on a ventilator and sedate him pretty heavily so that he wouldn’t stroke out, so that he wouldn’t flatline,” Lucie added.

Lucie said that he was eventually taken off the ventilator and is able to breathe on his own again but continues to be sedated.

Today's paper reported he doesn't have insurance(!) and a fundraiser benefit is being organized. 

DVR caught a 5 minute preview for AGT: Fantasy League which actually premieres this Monday January 1. Had to separately set the DVR because the title is exactly that and not just America's Got Talent. So the judges are all picking 'teams' of their favorite acts to compete. It seems to be an excuse for a lower stakes All Stars but I saw acts I'm glad to see more of so I will watch. 

• Useful 1
15 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

DVR caught a 5 minute preview for AGT: Fantasy League which actually premieres this Monday January 1. Had to separately set the DVR because the title is exactly that and not just America's Got Talent. So the judges are all picking 'teams' of their favorite acts to compete. It seems to be an excuse for a lower stakes All Stars but I saw acts I'm glad to see more of so I will watch. 

My DVR picked that up too but I deleted it because I thought it was just an old repeat or something. I didn’t know they were doing something new, next week. Thanks for the info! 💬