Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Wine Dark Sea

Sara fears for her family's safety when she discovers the real reason that Michael faked his own death; Sucre helps Michael and Lincoln find a way home.

• Love 1

I am confused. Michael Jr. is playing with his toy outside. The toy goes in the bushes. He goes to retrieve the toy and is snatched.

Later, we then see Michael Jr. talking to Jacob/Poseidon, asking if that was his mom on the phone. And then he's at a friend's house for a sleepover, as if nothing happened in the bushes.

Who snatched him? Was that an editing error? What in the heck was that all about?

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Biggie B said:

I am confused. Michael Jr. is playing with his toy outside. The toy goes in the bushes. He goes to retrieve the toy and is snatched.

Later, we then see Michael Jr. talking to Jacob/Poseidon, asking if that was his mom on the phone. And then he's at a friend's house for a sleepover, as if nothing happened in the bushes.

Who snatched him? Was that an editing error? What in the heck was that all about?

I was very confused about that as well. That scene was also in the promos.

Best guess is either editing/continuity error or that Mike Jr was kidnapped, hypnotized/brainwashed, then released.

• Love 1

They're finally out of Yemen!

I loved this episode. Stuff happened with characters I actually care about.

Misa reunion was great. They share blood now which is oddly hot. We probably won't have time to delve into their issues (Michael deserves a slap to go with that kiss for faking his death), but they sure are pretty onscreen together.

Sucre! Sucre! It's about damn time. I was smiling in all of his scenes (Sucker Punch...I'm Puerto Rican). I love when they use the musical cues from season one. The Michael/Sucre hug had the music I associate with the prison yard at Fox River. Hard to believe it's been 12 years since that aired.

Jacob as Poseidon is so lazy. I wish I liked the actor better but his face bugs me. When Jacob kissed Sara, I had to choke back vomit just like she did.

I also noticed the lack of continuity with Mike's kidnapping from the bushes. Maybe that will be explained later. I still think Heather is off, but maybe she was a red herring all along.

Looking forward to the endgame. I want to know the explanation behind the tattoos. And, T Bag/Michael need to share a scene.

• Love 2

I KNEW IT!!!!!!! I knew that little fucker wasn't a peon of Poseidon!

Oh! Oh! Oh! Michael crying when he sees Sara! I'm not ashamed to admit that my eyes teared up as well! Oh that was so...I won't say EVERYTHING, because nothing beats the reunion in season four, but it came close.

My heart went ???????? and I wanted more kissy time with those two!!! 

Now that I have the gushing out of the way...

STFU, you Fuckster Whinester!! LINC is Michael's brother and LINC is the man he will always love and think of as his brother, and not your whiny, self-pitying ass. Oh boo hoo hoo, cry me a Fucking River that you don't have anyone in your life that gives any shits about you. Why'd you have to go and tell him he was family, Linc???

Now THIS was the show I remember and love! I was on the edge of my seat and my heart was racing.

I GAGGED when Jacob tried to suck off Sara's face when she came back.

Well. Turns out Heather wasn't shady after all. Though I still thought she was because of the nonchalant way she told Sara that she had Mike.

And there's that famous line from Michael to Sara: "There is a plan to fix everything."

Me:❤️❤️❤️???❤️❤️❤️

Oh!! And Sucre!!!!!!????

Loved how Whinester wuz all jealous when Sucre hugged his Papi, and Papi hugged him back!???

I'm hoping he managed to get Sara's ring back, but I doubt it. 

That Whinester was the only fly in tonight's ointment, otherwise this would have been a perfect episode!

And inflateballs, Sucre??????

• Love 4

Not a continuity error, I don't think; there's no reason for the scene otherwise. I imagined that the snatcher (a character we know,  whose appearance has not been publicized?) is part of the plan Michael mentioned to Sara. The snatcher gave/said something to Mike that will come into play sometime in the last two episodes. 

The individual Poseidon calls "Sir" is surely Zeus.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Pallas said:

Not a continuity error, I don't think; there's no reason for the scene otherwise. I imagined that the snatcher (a character we know,  whose appearance has not been publicized?) is part of the plan Michael mentioned to Sara. The snatcher gave/said something to Mike that will come into play sometime in the last two episodes. 

Maybe it's Kellerman!?

But of course it's Zeus! I'm hoping that was just a one-off and we won't learn who he is. He provided the nuke to bomb the freighter since the SEALs had to scrub the mission.

I hope Sara finds her inner badass, and DESTROYS Jacob. That is some sheer fuckery, arranging for a pregnant Sara to be thrown in prison, where she could lose the baby, to force Michael's compliance, and then marrying her after setting Michael up for murder.

I want him to suffer the torments of Tartarus*

*Just keeping to the overall Greek/Iliad theme! ???

• Love 2
(edited)

Michael needs to learn a few lessons about plans from Captain Cold. :p

As someone who knew nothing about Sucre, I felt like I learned everything about him when it was revealed his cargo was sex dolls. The looks on the guys' faces were priceless.

I really like Whip, but I'm really sad Ja stayed behind. Glad he got a happy ending, but I'll miss you Rick Yune!

Edited by Miss Dee
Spelling
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Biggie B said:

That was odd. Also odd: Michael, Linc and Whip are on the run from the military guys on the boat. They make their way into a room, and Whip secures the door with a large metal bar. And then Sucre somehow appears in the room.

I have loved this show since Season One. But it's really just a live-action cartoon, and like other cartoons, it requires a monumental suspension of belief.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Pallas said:

On afterbuzztv, one of the producers (Vaun) said the kidnapping of Mike was Michael's dream.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, dirtydi said:

On afterbuzztv, one of the producers (Vaun) said the kidnapping of Mike was Michael's dream.

Yeah, I actually thought that was kinda obvious. We didn't see Jacob's face in the scene, since Michael didn't know yet that he's the husband. Also, when Mike was captured, we cut to Michael waking up saying his name.

I feel like T-Bag's out of the game now, maybe he'll appear briefly in the finale. If that's the case, I'm glad. As much as I love Knepper, his presence was extremely forced.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

Michael needs to learn a few lessons about plans from Captain Cold. :p

Just imagine how much they could learn if they could actually talk to each other! ("Your 'brother' looks eerily like my 'brother'." "Wait, you're in love with a Sara too? That's just weird." "Now, about this master plan to break into/out of this place...")

Jacob needs to die, gruesomely, and soon. At Sarah's hand, preferably.

Also, if this is Michael Scofield's child, I keep hoping he's going to figure his own way out of this mess soon enough.

• Love 6
(edited)
8 hours ago, dirtydi said:

Thank you!

5 hours ago, RedMal said:

We didn't see Jacob's face in the scene, since Michael didn't know yet that he's the husband.

And we shouldn't have seen Mike's face either, since Michael had yet to see a picture of him. 

5 hours ago, RedMal said:

I feel like T-Bag's out of the game now, maybe he'll appear briefly in the finale. If that's the case, I'm glad. As much as I love Knepper, his presence was extremely forced.

Michael underwrote T-Bag's new hand, and arranged for his release: was it only to use him as a messenger to Linc, and to do Sara's legwork? Maybe!

Edited by Pallas
(edited)
10 hours ago, Pallas said:

My memory is fuzzy - Who is Zeus?

Edited by MV713
I asked wrong question....
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The king of the Greek Gods. Who else would Poseidon, another Greek God, call Sir? Not Apollo, or Hades, or Ares. Zeus was his older brother.

Oh thought it was a character from the past!

I loved the episode because it felt like there was finally movement in the story. I'm maybe one of the few who likes Sara, so I loved the reunion with Michael. They make the show, for me, along with the Linc/Michael relationship. Given that so many felt Jacob was going to be the bad guy, and seeing Sara immediately believe Michael and attempt to thwart Jacob's plan, was rewarding. Now we're going to have two brilliant strategists going up against each other for the next couple of episodes. I'm excited!

• Love 5

What the freak, why didn't Sara shoot Jacob in the leg/kneecap/shoulder to incapacitate him. Then put the pressure on (literally) to make him call Mike back so Sara could take off with him. Oh well. I liked the storyline of how/why Michael faked his death. That worked for me since I was really disgusted at the original series' cop out of Michael dying. Hated it, in fact. Hoping that was Kellerman who grabbed Mike ... and maybe planted a GPS on him?

• Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, Biggie B said:

You should be able to see it On Demand today or tomorrow, shirazplease.

Because there is something else I watch when the show is on live, I watch the episode the day after on the Fox website.

Edited by Diane M
(edited)

Yay for some Sucre!!! Finally Papi is in the game!

22 hours ago, dirtydi said:

I didn't understand the bush snatching either.  Thank you for clarifying it was a dream.  I thought when Michael abruptly woke up, he was experiencing some "sixth sense" thing with Mike.  Michael crying when Sara walked in the room....I love when WM shows his acting range. 

7 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Then, in this episode they accelerate it to the nth degree. Sara walks out the door of her house and  in a few minutes she is already in a foreign country.  She then gives Michael medical treatment, and a few minutes later she is back home.

YES!!  This drove me crazy!  The boys are on some Greek Island that Sarah gets to (with all the needed medical supplies) without any problems or delays.  Cures Michael and flies home all within minutes.  In the meantime, Sucre has the captain of the ship travel an extra 2000k miles to pick up his friends...knew exactly where to go, again no problems, no delays.

Sara is a HORRIBLE liar and then she tells her husband that Micheal is with Linc and some other guy.  Really?  She should have said she was too late and Michael was already dead when she got there and someone mugged her and stole her ring.  

I guess Mr. Kim Jr was on the right side of law. I still didn't understand his part, or Kellerman's, in this ordeal. 

What was the deal with the Elvis guy from last week. The two bumbling killers show up at his house and then...nothing?

No T-bag again this week...

Edited by juliet73
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, bijoux said:

I'm not watching the episode for another 12 hours or so, but whose ring did Sara donate to the cause, Michael's or Jacob's?

It was a giant sapphire surrounded by diamonds that Michael said was worth at least $125,000.  It was a really nice ring; probably not something Michael could have ever afforded.

• Love 1
(edited)
25 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

It was a giant sapphire surrounded by diamonds that Michael said was worth at least $125,000.  It was a really nice ring; probably not something Michael could have ever afforded.

He was able to afford buying T-bag $1,000,000 hand ;) 

Edited by juliet73
forgot a zero
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Sara said it was her grandmother's ring. And pawning it or rather, using it as payment to get Michael home was worth it.

?????????????

• Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, juliet73 said:

He was able to afford buying T-bag $1,000,000 hand ;) 

Ya was able to afford to buy T-Bag a million dollar hand. ;-)  

Michael would have had to give Sara that ring before he "died" seven years ago, when he probably had no money.  Sorry if I was confusing - that's what I meant.

Edited by FnkyChkn34

Thinking of Sara and Michael...I was very disappointed in their lack of emotion when they see each other. We did see tears from M and he was dying so I'll give him a pass, but Sara was just meh. Considering he was the love of her life and she thought he was dead for last seven years, she pretty much responded to him like she did at his first day at Fox River. Then later on when M is cured, they hug and barely kiss each other goodbye. There was more love and affection when M and Linc reunited and when M and Sucre saw each other. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Huh, I didn't think this at all. I thought the actress did a very good job of balancing all the emotions she was feeling at the time: love for the love of her life and relief he was alive, the professional concern of a doctor trying to treat a patient, the guilt and confusion she felt over her husband before the reveal and the anger and shock and betrayal she felt afterwards. Honestly, Sara had a hell of a lot to process.

From a meta standpoint, maybe the writers didnt want their married female character to garner audience rage by macking on an old boyfriend while still married, even if her husband was an asshole.

In any case, I dont need heavy-breathing, shirt-ripping action to sell the romance and chemistry of a pairing. The low key nature of this worked for me.

Edited by Miss Dee
Spelling
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

Huh, I didn't think this at all. I thought the actress did a very good job of balancing all the emotions she was feeling at the time: love for the love of her life and relief he was alive, the professional concern of a doctor trying to treat a patient, the guilt and confusion she felt over her husband before the reveal and the anger and shock and betrayal she felt afterwards. Honestly, Sara had a hell of a lot to process.

From a meta standpoint, maybe the writers didnt want their married female character to garner audience rage by macking on an old boyfriend while still married, even if her husband was an asshole.

In any case, I dont need heavy-breathing, shirt-ripping action to sell the romance and chemistry of a pairing. The low key nature of this worked for me.

I agree.  It was well played, in my opinion.  She loves him and is happy to see him alive, sure, but he also faked his death and lied to her for 7 years.  

Not to nitpick, but Michael and Sara were married, so he wasn't just an old boyfriend.  But does that make her new marriage to Poseidon invalid?  Michael's identity was erased, but he's still alive and can now try to prove he is Michael, so... yeah.

But also regarding Sara - she did exactly what she said she wasn't going to do and what Michael asked her not to do.  He told her to put on the mask and play the game.  She agreed and only said she'd go after Jacob if he hurts Mike Jr.  But within mere hours of returning home, she abandons that plan and goes for the gun.  Uh... ok.  

• Love 1

I have a problem with Michael and Sara's scenes, but it's not the acting. It's the pacing. They didn't let anything breathe, including Sara finding out that she's married to a psycho who's to blame for her losing her first husband and the love of her life, and putting her in prison while pregnant! Her move at the end of the episode was not smart, but it makes sense in this context and it finally gets the ball rolling.

I would not have expected S1 Sucre to use words like analogy. Hee. At least he's with the brothers as the episode closes, meaning he's there next week.

Also, I don't know whether Sucre and Linc have been keeping in touch, but pimping Linc with Sheba felt odd. Because four years ago, before Michael landed in Ogygia and was still keeping an eye on his family, Lincoln was with Sofia for several years.

They're coloring Mark Feuerstein's hair wrong. It looked like someone put shoe polish on it. I didn't notice it before.

Okay, producers: next time you revive this, MORE SUCRE!

I was kinda sad there's no more Ja. Also, maybe it's an Odyssey thing, but it seems the only reason his character was here was... because of his cell phone?

Still don't care about Whip.

So now that we definitely know who Poseidon is, the question is: who gets to kill him? It should be Michael, but I can also make a strong case for Linc or Sara.

So picking up a freighter ride is like hailing a taxi. Oh, Prison Break.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, juliet73 said:

I guess Mr. Kim Jr was on the right side of law. I still didn't understand his part, or Kellerman's, in this ordeal. 

What was the deal with the Elvis guy from last week. The two bumbling killers show up at his house and then...nothing?

Yeah, I Think we now know why his group is only called "State" and doesn't deserve its own acronym.  Seriously, how dumb do you have to be?  You know these guys are not regular CIA and are up to no-good.  Whatever-21 is some random splinter of the CIA and Poseidon is a CIA policy wonk.  So you like confront them without backup?  And for crying out loud lady, you really need to have such a huge ass silencer on such a huge ass gun at all times?  How the hell did she fit that in her pants/holster?!  And what happened to the rest of the crew on the ship?  DId the SEAL team evacuate them?

And for crying out loud Sara, just go and meet your friend and Michael at the sleepover house.  Then go to the police or meet with T-Bag.  At least you know T-Bag can be ruthless.

Yeah what happened to Elvis?  Did the assassins just think it was a dead end because there is no way this guy is mixed up with Outis?  And are they not having second thoughts anymore?  Just because State reiterated the same doubts they were talking about yesterday?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, bijoux said:

I have a problem with Michael and Sara's scenes, but it's not the acting. It's the pacing.

I loved the scenes, but I wanted more of them. I thought Michael should have apologized, and I wanted Sara to show some anger. But, everything was servicing the breakneck plot. WM and SWC did enough for me ("I have an amazing doctor on call" gave me goosebumps) and Michael/Sara moments have never been the focus of the show.

• Love 1

Sucre!!  He's finally back, and the show is better for it!  I just love how loyal he is to Michael, how hilarious he is, and how he just lightens up the mood when he shows up.  The whole sex doll bit was way funnier then it should have been, but between Surce's almost puppy dog like "See what I did!  Isn't this great?!!) yearning and everyone else's reaction (from Whip just being confused to Michael/Lincoln more "Well, of course Surce spent his life savings on this..." take on it) to it, I was howling.  Never change, Sucre.  You may be a bit weird, but you keeping being you, buddy!

So, Jacob really is Poseidon after-all, which is kind of disappointing.  It probably doesn't help that I just can't see Mark Feuerstein as anything but the Royal Pains guy, and I can't buy the Royal Pains guy as the ultimate, scary bad guy.  But it's all in the open at least, and now everyone can take each other head on (plus, Sara now can have absolutely no guilt for dumping his sorry as for Michael, which is clearly going to happen, even if he wasn't an evil bastard.)  I do wonder who he was talking to on the phone near the end.

I almost want to feel bad for Whip and his jealously over how his relationship with Michael pails in comparison to what he has with Sucre, Sara, and Linc, but I struggle to care about him still.

Surprised Ja is staying behind.  Will miss Rick Yune, but if this means he's gets a happy ending, good for him.

Glad things are finally picking back up again.  Curious to see how the final two episodes play out and who factors in.  I can easily see how C-Note and Sheba will, since they'll likely join back up with Michael/Linc, but I have to think T-Bag and his new robotic hand still have a part to play.  And I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Michael to say "Alright, time for Plan C (or D.  Or E.)", makes a call, and then Mr. Alex Mahone comes strolling in like the awesome crazed loon that he is!

• Love 8

I liked this episode more than the last two. First of all,Sucre is back and that means his funny lines are back. He is trully a unique character,making the show entertaining. I loved the Michael/Sara scenes,especially his smile when he saw a picture of his son.

Jacob being Poseidon is kinda meh for me but im glad he is not a good guy. Not gonna lie,TV has progressed a lot since the time Prison Break was a hit. It kinda shows now, that Prison Break is back,because many of the twists are either huge plot holes or predictable and viewers have higher expectations nowadays than they used to. However im loving all those old core characters being brought back to my screen.

I think they made a mistake  surounding  Michael by all the new characters. They should have used Kellerman and Sucre more to the story instead of giving so much screentime to new characters.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, bijoux said:

I have a problem with Michael and Sara's scenes, but it's not the acting. It's the pacing. They didn't let anything breathe, including Sara finding out that she's married to a psycho who's to blame for her losing her first husband and the love of her life, and putting her in prison while pregnant! Her move at the end of the episode was not smart, but it makes sense in this context and it finally gets the ball rolling.

This is my problem too.  And I love these two together but everything is just happening way too fast for me.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Surprised Ja is staying behind.  Will miss Rick Yune, but if this means he's gets a happy ending, good for him.

I still wonder if Ja won't play into the last two episodes somehow. They made a big point of how rich he was--is it possible he'll be able to swoop in with some sort of rescue effort at the last minute? Probably not, because logic doesn't seem to be PB's strong point, but I keep wondering.

This is the first time I've seen Michael and Sara in the same room (other than flashbacks), and I liked them together. I agree that the pacing was way off, but they had to move that fast to serve the plot. I do look forward to more between the two of them. 

Let's see, what else? I don't hate Whip anymore, but that's just such an odd story. Not sure where it's going. The Poseidon thing--big yawn. I hope Sara kills him painfully, along with the female assassin. The guy doesn't bother me as much, but he's part of the most boring subplot on the show. They won't kill Mike Jr., I'm sure, but I wonder what happens to Heather, the best friend if she's not involved.

Oh, and Sucre is great! I first noticed Amaury Nolasco in the late and much-lamented (IMO) sitcom Telenovela, which was on for about five minutes a season ago, and I loved his character. So it was nice to see him again. He's such a funny guy.

Other than that, just keeping on with my usual don't-pay-attention-to-the-plot-because-your-head-will-explode style of watching, and enjoying the show for what it is, mindless entertainment with the bonus of Wentworth Miller's gorgeousness, especially those silvery eyes (and, of course, Dominic Purcell and now Amaury Nolasco are part of the bonus).

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, MV007 said:

This is my problem too.  And I love these two together but everything is just happening way too fast for me.

Plus I'm bitter because I felt like Whip's insecurities were given more space than Sara seeing her presumed to be dead husband after seven years and Michael seeing the wife who was a major motivation for his work with Poseidon. And coming back to her and Mike should be the thing propelling him now if we're going with the Odysseus myth.

8 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Sucre!!  He's finally back, and the show is better for it!  I just love how loyal he is to Michael, how hilarious he is, and how he just lightens up the mood when he shows up.  The whole sex doll bit was way funnier then it should have been

Have some class, they're inflatables. :D

• Love 5
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I think I may have missed the last couple minutes.  Did it end with them jumping off of the ship as it was being hit by a missile?

Yup!

As much as I don't like Michael being surrounded by noobs, there really wasn't any choice, considering he'd been thought to be dead all these years. None of the old gang would have been with him.  That said, they shoulda dumped them after Michael and Linc reunited, and had Sucre and C-Note join up, along with Mahone, (since last we saw him, he was part of the family and part of the visiting Michael's grave at the end of season 4)  to make plans to save and retrieve Michael.  All the new Boobs, a.k.a. as the supposed assassins, just bore me. At least while I hated Kellerman and T-Bag, they at least entertained me and their horrible actions had me on the edge of my seat, heart racing and wondering what would happen next? They actually have some layers and gravatas to them.???

• Love 2

I thought the Sucre/Michael reunion held more punch than the Sara/Michael one. However, I loved Michael breaking down in tears as soon as he saw Sara.

I'm still flabbergasted that Mahone isn't a part of this. All through the previews for next week, I was like, "This looks like a job for Mahone. Is this how they're gonna slide Mahone back in? MAHONE!" I know Fichtner probably isn't into this anymore, but c'mon man.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, kia112 said:

I thought the Sucre/Michael reunion held more punch than the Sara/Michael one. However, I loved Michael breaking down in tears as soon as he saw Sara.

Frankly, I thought Sucre came off as a little cavalier during their reunion. He thought Papi was dead for seven years. I expected to see him more shaken when they first met up to be honest.