Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Going back to Alex's interview.. she said that even though they made fun of Raven in the house, it's because they were family and she won't put up with anyone outside of the house making fun of Raven. 

OH she will change her tune when she learns more about Raven!  

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Then christmas is told that she attacked Cody's military experience to get him to crack. Christmas denies saying that.  The interviewer says "welll yea.... you kind of did!" 

God, that was awesome. Christmas was denying it and Dana was like "Yeah, no, it's almost verbatim." 

The one thing that got me uncomfortable about Kevin's interview is how lax he was about the bullying. He said that he didn't like it, but "if [the houseguests] did it as strategy, then whatever." I don't like how he worded that. It made it seem like he just didn't bother to speak up because it didn't bother him THAT much since "it's just a game", as if real life feelings don't factor into it.

Which makes me look at his no comment about Jason's comments. I guess I like that he's going to talk to his family before responding, as he doesn't have the entire story, but it makes me wonder how upset he is at Jason about the comments. It makes it seem like he doesn't want to judge without the whole story, which is good. But I don't know; I still don't like Kevin at all. He doesn't seem to believe that Paul was a bully or that he bullied him, which makes me highly uncomfortable that Kevin just doesn't have any self-awareness...or awareness at all.

• Love 8

Josh asked about the bullying.  He said he never personally attacked anyone, he attacked people for their game.  He says we should have noticed that once people started getting personal towards someone else then he backed off.  

I think that might be kinda true.... 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, wings707 said:

OH she will change her tune when she learns more about Raven!  

I bet she'll change her tune once she hears about Raven trash talking her. And if they actually give Alex proof of who stole her cat ears and how Raven laughed about dumping out her Coke. 

Just now, gunderda said:

Josh asked about the bullying.  He said he never personally attacked anyone, he attacked people for their game.  He says we should have noticed that once people started getting personal towards someone else then he backed off.  

I think that might be kinda true.... 

Well, Josh is the one who claimed that he wanted to get Cody and Mark to get violent in order to get them kicked from the game. I know Paul initiated it, but Josh definitely participated in it. His pots and pans act was 100% toward getting under their skin. His whole 'no touching' when Mark and Cody came at Josh was planned and deliberate. But I do think that Josh realized how far he went once DR talked to him and that's when he backed off of the personal stuff. I do think he needed a mature adult to let him know what was wrong and he took that in mind and somewhat changed his tune.

Of course, he still made comments about targeting Kevin and enticing him into a fight,  and he did make that comment about swearing on his kids, but I don't think those were ever personal moves and he never ended up attacking Kevin. 

But he did try to keep things game-related (as did Christmas, for the most part) while Paul and Alex made things personal.

• Love 2

I do have to bring this up. Remembering Victor from last season, there's a reason why he went out so early. He participated in a lot of the rude and mean behaviour. He was paired up with Jozea and Paul, and all three were fairly nasty, if I remember correctly. But what Victor did was learn from his early mistakes, and completely turn himself around. He changed in the game when he came back and became a nicer person. I can't remember the extent of what Victor did in the first two weeks, but if memory serves, Victor getting out 2nd was more than just people worrying about him winning competitions; it was his initial personality. 

So, in a sense, Josh took longer to turn around and he never did it to the extent that Victor did, but he did learn in game and adjusted and stayed like that. Paul learned too last season and adjusted when he switched alliances, but he reverted to his early season nasty self quite quickly. He never quite learned to the extent that Victor did. Which is probably why I can tolerate people like Victor and Josh more in the game. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I woke up this morning, still feeling satisfied about Josh's win. Paul's biggest mistake was not managing jury better. If he had just been honest in at least the finale, he probably would have won. But because of his lies, he lost the win and rightfully so.

I will say that an underrated moment was seeing Josh's reaction to winning. I was so focused on Paul as I rewatched that when I finally paid attention to Josh, I couldn't help but feel pleased. That was pure joy right there, and even though Josh got me to hate him and then tolerate him and then like him a little bit, this really made me feel happy about the result. 

Although I also noticed that Raven jumped toward the door to try to be the first to hug Josh (I believe it wasn't even Raven who got to hug him first). And then Raven attached herself to Paul instead of Matt at the end, which I found hilarious. 

Also, Paul couldn't even walk out with Josh. He practically shoved him toward the door to leave as he went to compose himself in the kitchen.

For a moment I thought Paul would spend the rest of the show shamed in the kitchen, unable to face the audience and the house guests who betrayed him.

• Love 9

From Josh's interview, he said that Paul said that Josh's goodbye messages were "a coward move." What a dickhead. But Josh said "I wasn't playing this game for Paul, I was playing it for me." 

ETA: I don't remember if Josh 'went there' with Cody's daughter. I don't remember he did. I think that was mostly Christmas and Alex?

Also, Paul's mistake was choosing Alex to be part of his "team." This is a girl who went on a weeks-long witch hunt over who poured out ONE CAN of coke and hid her cat ears. The girl is "petty" as hell and thought she and Paul were BFFL. She wasn't going to be forgiving.

Edited by Growsonwalls
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

Raven wants to clear up that her mom is not in Mensa, she said her mom COULD BE in mensa. 

Raven has a lot of clearing up to do! It could take a year.

11 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, something that I missed until Reddit let me know:

Paul telling Christmas as she's evicted to throw her crutches at Cody when she leaves.

Talking about Cody to the very end. Also loses by one vote, likely Cody's, and Cody wins AFP.

This is why Cody winning AFP is awesome; it's another slash to Paul's ego. 

It was the icing on my cake!!

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Mierin said:

DKNoeHKV4AA9cMh.jpg

For those who want to savour the look on Paul's face when the final vote was cast.

Thanks for this. I am savoring the finale for next week, since I am in LA for a wedding and could catch up with the forum, and THIS IS GOLD.

13 hours ago, Maverick said:

Paul won't be sobbing.   Steaming, pouting or stomping maybe but not crying.  He clearly was the personification of entitlement and believed he was owed the win.   He will forevermore bitch and moan about how he was robbed, that he had the "stats" to deserve the win (WTF does that even mean), how Alex, Jason, Mark and Elena are bitter pussies who were too weak to get over being outplayed, how Cody is punk ass bitch and how Jessica rigged AFP.  

Josh's reaction was begging for a production assistant to swoop in and crown him.

The crowning of JOSH! It's a glorious moment.

11 hours ago, Nashville said:

Don't know when they're going to cap this thread - but before they do, I just want to say how, more than the show itself, yall have made this season worthwhile.  Commenting on these threads is how I keep my snarksense sharp, and I am SO SO GLAD to find so many kindred spirits here.  Mazel tov!

And finally - a special shoutout to the mods, who do a thankless job tirelessly and well.  So much better than TWoP.  :D

What @Nashville said. Thank god for all y'all, watching the show this season equalled eating jello straight for 3 months long. 

And finally - hallelujah! What a stellar ending. Finally a big FUCK YOU to AG and the producers, for failing to manipulate their win, and a BIG FUCK YOU to fucking douche bag tool Paul with his stupid beard and rings and tattoos. 

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, TheGapper said:

Thanks for this. I am savoring the finale for next week, since I am in LA for a wedding and could catch up with the forum, and THIS IS GOLD.

No problem!  Every time I look at it, it makes me smile.

I'd also like to thank everyone who watched the live feeds and entertained me so much over the season, which the show failed to do for most of the season!  

• Love 3

OMG I wish I could "quote" an image but kudos to Lady Calypso for the meme "Congratulations Paul for coming in second place." That so bugged me when Paul said it when there were five of them....I thought I was the only one and then two other friends I discuss the show with mentioned it too. It just was so presumptive.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Which makes me look at his no comment about Jason's comments. I guess I like that he's going to talk to his family before responding, as he doesn't have the entire story, but it makes me wonder how upset he is at Jason about the comments. It makes it seem like he doesn't want to judge without the whole story, which is good. But I don't know; I still don't like Kevin at all. He doesn't seem to believe that Paul was a bully or that he bullied him, which makes me highly uncomfortable that Kevin just doesn't have any self-awareness...or awareness at all.

He is ultimately excusing himself. 

Kevin himself was part of the bullying until it got to his turn. Someone asked who was going on about Cody's daughter; Kevin was the ring leader on that front. He started by betraying Cody's confidence 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, gunderda said:

I'm not really sure where to post stuff now but here's some more backyard interviews - I haven't watched yet but read that this person actually asks some good stuff like jason's comments about kevin

http://thebigtimeonline.com/big-brother-19-backyard-finale-interviews/

These interviews, while keeping a light and fun tone, hit on a LOT of things that we viewers were wondering about and annoyed with during the season.  They were very revealing.  I think that CBS would not have let Will ask most of those questions, so we have to rely on other interviewers to do it.

First of all, Paul is still in denial about his role in the bullying and the nastiness of the comments made in the house.

Alex is acting as though she realized that Jason's comment about Kevin's wife and kids was bad, especially in light of what happened to her cousin, but she is conveniently not mentioning that she was laughing at it when Jason said it.   (Please, Big Brother gods, do NOT have Alex back on the show, ever again.)

Christmas coyly tiptoed around the subject of her affection for Paul.

Raven is still in her own little world.

Kevin is a class act.  The houseguests always assumed he was going to fly into a rage or put on some dramatic display if he got nominated or evicted or whatever.  Meanwhile, the guy is saying Paul played the best game (and Paul said some bad things about him in the house,) AND Kevin is OK with all of the bullying and bad-mouthing directed at him (when he didn't know about it in the house).  He says it's all part of the game.  He thinks there should be a line that is not crossed, but he understands it's all part of the game.  Sadly, now he has to see how Jason's unfortunate comment impacted his wife and kids.  He says he's not sure.

Jason sounds like he really plans to be spending New Year's with Kevin's family, so I hope that happens and that the ugliness of his comment can be put in the past.  I know he regrets saying it.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, TVFan17 said:

First of all, Paul is still in denial about his role in the bullying and the nastiness of the comments made in the house.

Christmas even more delusional for her behavior than Paul.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Let's relive this moment of glory over and over again:

watch paul's face.  As soon as Mark's vote was announced, Paul KNEW he was losing.   he had done the math, and figured that all the attacking he had directed Josh to do toward Mark, would mean that Mark and Elena would vote for him.  

• Love 6

Kevin comes from a family where criminal behavior was the norm. He's used to looking the other way and that's what he did this summer. I don;t think he's a bad person or anything but I also don't feel that bad for him that he ended up being the target of such vicious bullying towards the end of his stay, as he was happy to be part of it as long as it wasn;t him.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Can we keep the thread unlocked until then? Because we need his thoughts on this. It just wouldn't be right if we didn't get them. 

Even if this thread gets locked, he should be able to post on the episode thread. But I would like this thread to be open forever. :)

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Artsda said:

Christmas even more delusional for her behavior than Paul.

I kind of disagree.  That's not to say that she is not or was not delusional -- she is, obviously -- but for me, I think it is relative.  Paul -- we already know -- is a good strategic player, and very smart and cunning.  He has been down this BB road before, so he knew what he was doing.  He was, indeed, THE Puppet Master. There was no other Puppet Master in the house.  He made many big moves and had everyone doing his bidding.  So, for someone with so much power in the house to still be in denial about his role in instigating shunning and bullying and unnecessary bad-mouthing and personal attacks is weird to me.  We al saw it, so why doesn't he own up to it? 

I mean, Paul is a guy that went up to Raven and said, "You still hate Kevin, right?"  He wanted to make sure she wasn't softening.  Paul was practically frothing at the mouth when talking to Josh about attacking Kevin before one of the last HoH comps.   He delighted in these kinds of tactics.  But he is denying a lot of the especially nasty stuff and just taking the credit for being the Puppet Master.

Christmas was new to the game.  She did a  lot of the same things Paul did, but she didn't have the power or experience to really make an impact.  She was trying to find her footing (pun intended) in the game, but she wasn't a Puppet Master.

In Paul's position, he should be owning up to EVERY SINGLE THING he did, even the ugliest comments and moves.  This was his second time on the BB-go-round, so I expect more from him.  I didn't expect much from Christmas after a certain point in the game.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, backformore said:

watch paul's face.  As soon as Mark's vote was announced, Paul KNEW he was losing.   he had done the math, and figured that all the attacking he had directed Josh to do toward Mark, would mean that Mark and Elena would vote for him.  

And look at Josh when he stands up after he's won. His legs literally buckle and Paul has to hold him up for a quick second.

If that isn't a genuine reaction, I don't know what is. I think if Paul had won, I'd hate it because half of his reaction would be genuine, but half would be acting. Much like how Paul's reactions during Q&A and Josh's speech were more forced for the cameras, rather than genuine to me. 

I realize, upon more rewatches, that I'm a little less happy for Paul losing, but for Josh winning. I mean, Paul losing is great, but now my happiness stems from Josh's genuine joy. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Kevin comes from a family where criminal behavior was the norm. He's used to looking the other way and that's what he did this summer. I don;t think he's a bad person or anything but I also don't feel that bad for him that he ended up being the target of such vicious bullying towards the end of his stay, as he was happy to be part of it as long as it wasn;t him.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on that.  I never saw Kevin "happy to be part of" any vicious bullying or shunning (your view of what bullying is may be different than mine).  He had one incident with Josh in which Josh brought up his family and Kevin flipped out, threatening violence.  After that (and after Production got to him) he calmed down and started keeping to himself a lot more, all while the other HGs were bad-mouthing him for every single thing he did or did not do.   He handled a lot of things with class and maturity -- both in and out of the house -- when they all expected less of him, and when most of them did not exhibit the same class and maturity.

Kevin was not a great player, of course, but was not the root of all evil that the houseguests tried to make him out to be.

• Love 2

A big thank you to everyone for making BB enjoyable.   Reading this thread is always the best part of my summer.  

One of very few finalies that I actually enjoyed the outcome.  The season still sucked but glad it ended on a high note.  

I hope Raven dumps Matt and globs on to Paul.  Paul so deserves it.  

Sending well wishes and good thoughts to you all.  Can't wait for Celebrity BB.   

• Love 3

Kevin seemed both shocked and deflated by Josh's win.  Kevin  was one of the most deluded players in the game.  He expected Paul to save him "because that was THE PLAN." and other times voted the way Paul told him to, threw comps, because "that was THE PLAN." Go to your room, Kevin, throw the competition, Kevin, trust me, that's the plan!  I hope at some point today he realizes that "that was PAUL'S PLAN,"  and that he went along with trying to help Paul win. 

At the end, Kevin seems so confused, like in his mind he was thinking "but  Josh winning  wasn't THE PLAN!"

• Love 11
1 minute ago, gunderda said:

hmmm cody says he did apply for the show and he was a fan of the show. 

I'm not surprised, to be honest. There were times that he did seem like a fan but he had his own way of playing (which was kind of unique for the game, at least in recent seasons) and it just didn't work. But definitely towards the end, he really seemed like a feed watcher or that he could be a feed watcher. He was firmly on Team Feeds Gold when he encouraged Elena to take the $5k prize from Alex and like I said once or twice in the thread, I really think he would have fit right in here with us, bitching and picking the game apart. Well, he'd fit in if he ever posted more than three words in a go. 

• Love 6

Even though I bitch and moan every season how crappy and moronic BB is, every year when it ends I get depressed.

These meatballs are in my life for three months and then they are gone. 

I feel empty. 59c3fa02c8471_cryingwoman.jpg.070a5e97a1166dc2ebf73e13e8495217.jpg

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I'm not surprised, to be honest. There were times that he did seem like a fan but he had his own way of playing (which was kind of unique for the game, at least in recent seasons) and it just didn't work. But definitely towards the end, he really seemed like a feed watcher or that he could be a feed watcher. He was firmly on Team Feeds Gold when he encouraged Elena to take the $5k prize from Alex and like I said once or twice in the thread, I really think he would have fit right in here with us, bitching and picking the game apart. Well, he'd fit in if he ever posted more than three words in a go. 

He said he went in wanting to compete and play a game and then realized very early that no one in there wanted to compete and he was targeted because he wanted to compete so he basically got irritated and gave up in a sense.  He didn't say gave up, but i think he meant that the season was a lost cause.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, gunderda said:

He said he went in wanting to compete and play a game and then realized very early that no one in there wanted to compete and he was targeted because he wanted to compete so he basically got irritated and gave up in a sense.  He didn't say gave up, but i think he meant that the season was a lost cause.

I think his first biggest mistake was not telling his alliance about his big moves but I think it was because he didn't want them held accountable, which is kind of smart but also stupid at the same time. He also never directly lied to their faces. He evaded the questions when asked who he was putting up, but he never said who he was putting up when Alex won veto. So Cody did know the game and could have been a good gameplayer. He just happened to be playing with Paul's Minions, combined with Cody's second biggest mistake in isolating himself and Jess right after their alliance kicked them out and chose Paul as their God. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think his first biggest mistake was not telling his alliance about his big moves but I think it was because he didn't want them held accountable, which is kind of smart but also stupid at the same time. He also never directly lied to their faces. He evaded the questions when asked who he was putting up, but he never said who he was putting up when Alex won veto. So Cody did know the game and could have been a good gameplayer. He just happened to be playing with Paul's Minions, combined with Cody's second biggest mistake in isolating himself and Jess right after their alliance kicked them out and chose Paul as their God. 

And he was maybe even actually playing by the rules!! I think technically the HOH isn't suppose to tell anyone who they are nominating?? I know no one follows that and it's never enforced but I could see Cody being the first HOH and actually trying to follow the rules. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, gunderda said:

And he was maybe even actually playing by the rules!! I think technically the HOH isn't suppose to tell anyone who they are nominating?? I know no one follows that and it's never enforced but I could see Cody being the first HOH and actually trying to follow the rules. 

It's only enforced when production is protecting someone. Wasn't it Britney who benefited from that rule?

• Love 1

elena's interview... she was asked if she would like to apologize for the feeds being cut for hours while BB watched for Elena to do her makeup before a comp.  What comp was that?? 

6 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

It's only enforced when production is protecting someone. Wasn't it Britney who benefited from that rule?

i think i'm a fairly new feed watcher... i think i've only been watching the past 4 years maybe...? but I recall when i started watching they would try to skirt around it and the HGs would actually mention that they couldn't do that. but i've noticed in the past year or so that BB has pretty much given up.

BUT I have always wondered... if you can tell anyone who you are nominating.. how are you suppose to talk game with your alliance? It doesn't really make sense to me. I've also had people suggest that BB penalize them for talking game to each other.  But isn't that part of the game?? What would the game be if you can't tell anyone what you plan to do? I guess it would maybe make it interesting and everything would be a blind side but you've never have any fights about someone getting mad that they just learned that someone said they were coming after them. 

Matt says Mark is a cool guy.  Guess Matt doesn't know that Mark never wants to see him again lol 

13 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Matt says Mark is a cool guy.  Guess Matt doesn't know that Mark never wants to see him again lol 

I just listened to one the interviews with Mark and it was hilarious! Mark really called out Maven for what they really are. I love Mark even more for this. 

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

In the interviews after the show, Jess and Cody talked about how, when Cody returned to the house, Paul didn't want anyone talking to them.   Mark and Elena were targeted because they were friends with Cody and Jess, and everyone else was afraid to talk to them because of that.  

• Love 3