Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I got most of this information from Reddit, but I do remember a clip where Christmas was talking about her drug abuse to...I think Kevin and Jason early in the season, and I remember her talking about she was a very angry person when she was younger. I'm just theorizing based on what she's talked about, to the best of my recollection. 

Yeah, I remember one specific instance when she said it took her 12 years to become a better person, and she worked really hard trying to change and be a more positive person. She's show self-awareness. I think once she gets some perspective out of that House, she'll feel bad about how her attitude towards some people and maybe recognize parts of her she doesn't like and has tried to change. She's actually been playing a pretty good game - she's been good at having relationships of her own with most people in the House, she seems to be good at smoothing over conflicts for jury management, and has a loyal sidekick in Josh. I don't know if she'll ever be able to win because she's seen as a wounded, lame duck, but I've been surprised with how she's been able to handle her game without her biggest strength.

People say that House brings out the worst in you, plus all the extra stuff she went through - I think she's going to be ashamed with how she acted. Specifically towards Cody and how she treated his military service - those couple weeks she was at her nastiest. A week or two after she was at her worst (circa Woof Mother-F-ing Woof), she said she was just starting to feel clear-headed and more like herself. I haven't been watching the feeds as much, but the fact that she can have a civil conversation with Kevin and tell him she has to do this to him to keep Alex comfortable makes her a lot better than she was a few weeks ago - and, even after that ridiculous pool argument, they had a good conversation hashing it out, and Christmas said it was her fault because it brought up a lot of things for her. 

Someone like Alex on the other hand? She's not introspective at all, and I don't expect her to change or admit any of what what she did was wrong. She is pure arrogance and self-righteousness through and through.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Irishsecra said:

The irony is he only made this beyond tasteless joke to deflect their anger about saving Kevin from eviction. I think he truly likes Kevin.

Hmm, I think he could have said something else equally as tasteless, rape,  kids watching, no, that was so wrong

42 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Broken clock moment. 

Under that tweet, Paul and Alex laughed and Jason  said the same thing. 

• Love 1

I agree that generally, the HGs aren't going to really care what people are saying about them, once they get out, except...

Raven's going to have problems with her grifting fundraising.  The questions/criticisms about her statements about her disease(s) are showing up at the top of search engines when you search for her name.  And I don't think she has the temperament to deal with that in a calm fashion.  She gonna melt down.

And any clips of criticism of Cody's service could potentially be used to harm HGs speaking/public appearance fees.  All anyone has to do who has a grudge against on of those HGs is anonymously express outrage that a venue is having a particular HG appear, when that HG hates our troops and America!

And it looks like Jason's going to have problems now.  So, my guess is Raven, Jason and the people who made statements about Cody's service are going to run into problems.

And aside from that, I'll probably have to punch Matt if I ever see him in real life.  He's just has that "I need a good punch" quality to him.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, CrazyDog said:

I so wanted to like Christmas, but her condescending attitude lately is really hard to overlook. I really wonder what would have happened with no injury...would she have led a team against Paul? Been ousted early for being a comp beast? I hope she doesn't come back, but I can absolutely see her as a returning vet. Ugh. I've missed some broadcast episodes, but it doesn't seem like she's been shown in a poor light?

Nope, she's been shown as the "perseverance queen" :( 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, CrazyDog said:

ETA: I should take a break from this show, and go watch something classier, like old episodes of Rock of Love. Or BIP. Somehow I've never watched that show.

Give BIP a try!! It is corny but hilarious. Lots to laugh about :) 

• Love 2

They are dragging this shit show out for 4 more weeks? They can wind it up in 10 days by doubling up in the episodes: HOH, veto, evict, HOH veto evict.... 

I blame A. Grodner for this fiasco. She seems smug and arrogant and I am delighted she had this season backfire when she decided to bring back Paul (and you know it was her idea). 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

So, my guess is Raven, Jason and the people who made statements about Cody's service are going to run into problems.

Early on in the game, Josh said something disparaging about Cody to the effect that the Marines are the branch of the military that doesn't really do anything.

Yeah.

Hey Josh?  That pissed off an entire huge group of confirmed bad-asses.  Just sayin'...

• Love 20
43 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

I blame A. Grodner for this fiasco. She seems smug and arrogant and I am delighted she had this season backfire when she decided to bring back Paul (and you know it was her idea). 

But........ I'm hearing that the broadcast show is very well received , that viewer numbers are up . (Given how it's edited with all the real stuff not shown , I can believe it .) If numbers are up then Grodner's casting is a success .

TV viewers have no idea how nasty the season has gotten . The only clues are the occaisional article on TMZ and other news shows to which the casual reviewer might respond with a dull, "What, huh?"  as they surf through the channels. All the HGs are portrayed as mild-mannered people whose only fault is being too easily fooled by starring vet Paul . He will come out looking like someone who played a great game and deserved the win and all the accolades that may go with it .

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, I ended up skipping almost all of the broadcast episodes so I've missed a bunch of comps, including this one (I know, I know!). But just for this moment, now I gotta go find it and watch it. I guess my enjoyment for Cody continues. I know he's said asshole things. I wish I could hate him, but I don't. 

Hope you can find it, you'll see what I mean.  I always found strong men like that so attractive.  I just love he does not get frazzled by these silly things, and I respect that it's probably because he's seen real horrors.  

Sadly he was only in a few episodes so the haunted house one should be easy to find 

• Love 2

Just turned the feeds on and sure enough there's Alex and her boobs.  Did she not bring ANY shirts?  Maybe Matt will leave her his ugly T's when he leaves tomorrow. 

Edited by Pixiebomb
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Hello Lady said:

Under that tweet, Paul and Alex laughed and Jason  said the same thing. 

Unless they're talking about another convo, Paul and Alex weren't around during that one. Jason, as usual, totally embarrassed himself.

Jess actually addressed the anti-trans comments Cody has made. Basically said he's ignorant and needs to educate himself, and that type of talk isn't going to fly in her life. He could probably use a few science classes too.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mooses said:

Yeah, I remember one specific instance when [Christmas] said it took her 12 years to become a better person, and she worked really hard trying to change and be a more positive person. She's show self-awareness. I think once she gets some perspective out of that House, she'll feel bad about how her attitude towards some people and maybe recognize parts of her she doesn't like and has tried to change. She's actually been playing a pretty good game - she's been good at having relationships of her own with most people in the House, she seems to be good at smoothing over conflicts for jury management, and has a loyal sidekick in Josh. I don't know if she'll ever be able to win because she's seen as a wounded, lame duck, but I've been surprised with how she's been able to handle her game without her biggest strength.

This actually introduces a question I had been wondering about.  Christmas initially came into this season intending to rely upon her physical capabilities as a major mainstay of her game; her accident on Day 13, however, forced an entire reconfiguration of her game plan.  Christmas immediately had to adapt to an unforeseeable set of circumstances which dictated her future gameplay had to be oriented almost exactly 180 degrees opposite her original intent - her strengths were suddenly nonexistent, and attributes formerly considered minor assumed major proportions in the blink of an eye.

Which introduces my question: Do you think the adaptation forced by Christmas' injury hurt her game - or extended her game further than it would have survived otherwise?

• Love 1

That's Robyn, the casting director. I'm guessing Les Moonves is also very happy with this season.

CBS always seems at odds with the Feed Watchers' tastes - S16 is watched by all the incoming cast members and CBS seems to love it despite it pretty much being remembered as a snoozefest. IMO, Season 17 was far superior, but they only seem to love James (a terrible strategist) despite there being a good amount of decent game players and interesting characters - including Vanessa who was a whole new type of HG. And I will never forgive them for the catastrophe that was BB13 where they basically did everything in their power to all but guarantee a veteran win - who happened to be Rachel, who I couldn't stand her first season and liked even less her second.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MrHufflepuff said:

...any clips of criticism of Cody's service could potentially be used to harm HGs speaking/public appearance fees.  All anyone has to do who has a grudge against on of those HGs is anonymously express outrage that a venue is having a particular HG appear, when that HG hates our troops and America!

I just read her bio and it says she is a "two time Iraq contractor".  If she was really in Iraq working with the military, she should know better than to have questioned Cody's service.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Jess actually addressed the anti-trans comments Cody has made. Basically said he's ignorant and needs to educate himself, and that type of talk isn't going to fly in her life. He could probably use a few science classes too.

Hopefully she can enlighten him :) Sometimes that does happen!

Edited by KootieTaw
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Nashville said:

This actually introduces a question I had been wondering about.  Christmas initially came into this season intending to rely upon her physical capabilities as a major mainstay of her game; her accident on Day 13, however, forced an entire reconfiguration of her game plan.  Christmas immediately had to adapt to an unforeseeable set of circumstances which dictated her future gameplay had to be oriented almost exactly 180 degrees opposite her original intent - her strengths were suddenly nonexistent, and attributes formerly considered minor assumed major proportions in the blink of an eye.

Which introduces my question: Do you think the adaptation forced by Christmas' injury hurt her game - or extended her game further than it would have survived otherwise?

It's hard to say - I think it helped in the way that it made her less of a threat. But, she did survive her first few nominations when she had two good legs because of her social game, so I don't think it can automatically be assumed that she'd be one of the evicted even if she was still a big physical threat.

I do lean to it hurting her game more. Having to worry not only about a terrible injury, but one that can affect your livelihood out of the House, adds stress to the already mentally exhausting situation of being in that House. Plus, she had to sit out of a few competitions and she has to worry that if she is nominated, she won't be able to play for Veto to save herself - so she needs really solid connections with players and a good social game.  I do think her (and Josh) know that Paul is a huge threat in the end, but Christmas can't do much about it. If she turns on him, she's a huge target - which she can't afford because she may not be able to save herself with a competition win. If she were healthy, I'd imagine she'd lean a lot more on her competition skills to help her out of situations like that or to have power more often. As she is now, I think she's hoping she can cut Paul in F3/F4 - since he actually seems pretty sincere in getting there with her and Josh.

I think seeing how well she's doing now, she could have been a pretty great player if that freak accident never happened. I give her credit for being able to make that pivot.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Hello Lady said:

Seems Raven is rubbing off on paul.  The weightlifting bar hit his eye and now he's going around looking for sympathy and attention

Weightlifting bar for AFP!

• Love 15
1 hour ago, mooses said:

That's Robyn, the casting director. I'm guessing Les Moonves is also very happy with this season.

CBS always seems at odds with the Feed Watchers' tastes - S16 is watched by all the incoming cast members and CBS seems to love it despite it pretty much being remembered as a snoozefest.

Of course the ratings are high, they always are.  They are not an indication of how good the season is.  CBS doesn't care about viewer satisfaction.  I have 2 friends who only watch the program and both say this is a terrible season.  

Since fan opinion means nothing, Robyn Kass is believed to be good at her job, due to the ratings. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I think it helped her game. People felt sorry for her and she was no longer a threat. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, missyb said:

I wonder who TV only viewers feel stood out. But they don't get to vote do they ? Only CBS Access subscribers  ? Not sure.

Everyone can vote for AFP. And honestly the tv-only viewers are who determine the winner. There aren't enough live feed watchers to make an impact.

7 hours ago, missyb said:

Is that Brit next to Frankie. Almost unrecognizable .

It's actually Amber.

6 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

There are a few exceptions: I believe after BB12 both Ragan and Britney apologized to Rachel. Britney talked about it on the feeds in BB14 and Rachel said Britney wrote her a long letter apologizing. 

After BB8 Daniele apologized to Jen and the two of them are also now friends. Jen even went to Daniele's wedding.

I'm pretty sure Christine expressed remorse as well. And maybe Andy.

3 hours ago, mooses said:

[Christmas has] actually been playing a pretty good game - she's been good at having relationships of her own with most people in the House ...

I see people talk about Chirstmas having a good social game a lot and I just don't see it. She barely has a relationship with anyone. Josh and Paul are really the only people she had anything real with. Kevin and her had the flirting stuff, but it was surface and you could tell they both knew it. She's starting to spend more time with Alex and Raven now, but before this she barely even tried to have a relationship with them. She was kinda half-assing playing the social game all season imo but she thinks she has amazing relationship with everyone. Christmas has always had an inflated sense of her game imo.

2 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I agree that generally, the HGs aren't going to really care what people are saying about them, once they get out, except...

Oh, I think they care. They care so much. But they pretend like they don't.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

I'm starting to feel kinda bad for Jason vis a vis his comments getting so much media attention. What he said was disgusting and he needs to sincerely apologize for it, but I honestly think he's one of the least heinous people in there so it'd be kinda horrible if he's the one who gets the biggest real world consequences from this season. I think Paul's blackface stuff was worse. And like everything Alex has said. Why can't those two be the ones who's despicable behavior made mainstream news, dammit?!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 11

I don't really feel that bad for Jason yet, but I do feel bad for his family. Maybe I'll feel bad for him after the game is over, but right now he is too connected with Alex/under her spell that my enormous amount of hatred for her (which continues to grow and grow) spreads over to him

• Love 10

I just checked jokers and apparently Alex has been bashing Kevin all day to the point where raven and xmas are getting "suspicious." 

I actually don't really get it either, why Alex has decided to go after Kevin in such a vicious manner. This goes beyond the occasional blowout or venting. It's like an obsession. Did Kevin drink some of her coke?

• Love 15

I feel kind of bad for Jason because I know he really didn't mean that seriously as something he'd really do and it was impulsive, but then I question if that's your kind of impulsive thing to say, what kind of person are you? But I feel the most worried about Ole (I like cows). If Jason's WhistleNut gig goes bust what happens to Ole? I suppose someone would buy him. Maybe this is what Jason is like when's off the leash. His wife must keep him under control.

Barf, Matt, "I know a tough little Gypsy I'd like you to use this veto on." Barf!!!

Yeah, Jason! I knew he wasn't going to use it but it was nice to hear him say it. Love seeing Paul looking so dejected.  Ooooh, Matt busts out the tough words!! He called Jason a "punk"!!  Jason is trembling in his boots now!! Oh, the romantic, tragic farewell between the star-struck lovers is beginning with that last little smooch between Raven and Matt.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I just checked jokers and apparently Alex has been bashing Kevin all day to the point where raven and xmas are getting "suspicious." 

I actually don't really get it either, why Alex has decided to go after Kevin in such a vicious manner. This goes beyond the occasional blowout or venting. It's like an obsession. Did Kevin drink some of her coke?

I don't get it either. Is she scared that Jason spends time with Kevin that she has to make Kevin's life miserable? It's so stupid.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

She hasn't liked him since her first HOH and now that other people want to be mean to him she's probably giddy inside. 

15 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

I feel kind of bad for Jason because I know he really didn't mean that seriously as something he'd really do and it was impulsive, but then I question if that's your kind of impulsive thing to say, what kind of person are you? But I feel the most worried about Ole (I like cows). If Jason's WhistleNut gig goes bust what happens to Ole? I suppose someone would buy him. Maybe this is what Jason is like when's off the leash. His wife must keep him under control.

Ole isn't a cow lol

but he would be fine. Jason has said ole is a very cheap pet. Jason grows and bails his own hail for ole. He said the most expensive part of having ole is traveling around with him. 

I know, he's a bull. I'm more acquainted with cows than bulls unless they are bull calves. (I had the fun of watching a two day-old one running around earlier this week. Black and fluffy with a little white spot on his side.)

• Love 3

You can tell Alex is one of those girls who thinks she's way hotter than she is. The cat ears, the extremely low-cut off-shoulder shirts, the booty shorts, and the obnoxious entitled attitude, just screams "Do what I want because I'm hot."

The thing is she's actually rather homely and all that sugar she's inhaled this summer has really gone everywhere. Her super-short frame is now heavy and squat. The bleach blond hair is also not a good look.

• Love 18
31 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

It's probably because he's the only one who doesn't think she's a cutie, or pretends to find her charming in any way.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I see people talk about Chirstmas having a good social game a lot and I just don't see it. She barely has a relationship with anyone. Josh and Paul are really the only people she had anything real with. Kevin and her had the flirting stuff, but it was surface and you could tell they both knew it. She's starting to spend more time with Alex and Raven now, but before this she barely even tried to have a relationship with them. She was kinda half-assing playing the social game all season imo but she thinks she has amazing relationship with everyone. Christmas has always had an inflated sense of her game imo.

I think Christmas has an inflated sense of self in general! She's definitely not everyone's number one like Paul, but I think that has a lot to do with him being a vet. She was able to smooth over her relationship with Cody before he left, though, and she wasn't his number one target when he came back. She smoothed over her relationship with Jessica after he left too - she was the one they were most surprised turned on them because they had felt comfortable with her. Jason used to hate her and she was his number one target the whole game, but she cultivated a pretty nice relationship with Alex so Alex convinced Jason that they need her. Kevin doesn't have her as his number one target, even after her ridiculous blow up about swimming. Raven thinks she's a great "team player. " Out of all of them, she has seemed one of Paul's real true allies during the whole game. And Josh is a given.  

Anyway - it's not Paul levels of social dominance (which, again, vet) - but she's probably only a backup or backup-to- the-backup target for each of the HGs. Pretty good place to be in F7. 

But, yeah, even if she's just good, she'll tell you she's great. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mooses said:

But, yeah, even if she's just good, she'll tell you she's great. 

Yeah and Elena told the Hollywood Reporter she would hate to have Christmas make  final 2, so that's one jury vote lost. And with how whooped Mark is by her, maybe 2?

I don't want to toot my own horn but I called it in the media thread that this would be a retread of season 16. If Paul weren't in there, these lemmings would've found someone else to blindly follow. It was obvious from their pre-show interviews. Maybe this was Allison Grodner's dastardly plan all along to correct the "injustice" of Paul losing last year. I haven't been posting much this year because this season is seriously boring. Hopefully the producers don't look to the ratings as an indicator. Season 12 was high rated too but is anyone putting that season in their top 5?

Edited by UniqBlue69
  • Love 1

There's some hardcore Alex bashing with Raven, Matt, and Christmas right now. Mostly Matt/Raven, from what I'm reading:

So, I'm feeling one of two ways: on the one hand, this is not ok. Fat shaming is really not ok, and Matt and Raven are both being douches. Alex could whip both of their asses any day of the week, and she clearly has from night one until now. She handed Jason that HOH; she might have actually beaten him if neither gave up. So, fuck off Game Thrower and Munchausen By Proxy. She's more useful than you two fucks put together, and I haven't noticed enough weight gain where apparently she won't be able to beat Jason. I mean....what the hell is wrong with Matt and Raven? Also, Raven couldn't help but not talk about her disease that makes her lose weight...even though she's actually gained weight (but in the best possible way).

On the other hand....Alex has been throwing personal insults at the targets for a while. Kevin the Child Predator/Murderer, Josh, Cody, and Jess The Sexual Predators, Cody's "Do You Have a Kid" line, her goodbye message toward Jessica/Cody, her overall behaviour toward Kevin, Pillowgate with Mark that started an intense bashing session with him, calling out Elena's financial situation, and countless other incidents that I can barely remember. I feel really bad for not feeling bad that we have even the two most useless houseguests, one of them the worst casting decisions they've made yet (and I'm not talking about Raven), are attacking her hardcore. Alex is the most personally attacking houseguest. She encourages and thrives off of personal attacks during fights. 

So...I'm ending up not feeling bad for Alex here, even though I really should. This season has fucked me in terms of my morals, apparently. 

• Love 19

I actually don't feel bad for the HG's attacking Alex, because she has gone way over the line with almost every HG. The show does not even scratch at how vile she is. The constant anger in her voice and face scares me. Not even Aaryn kept up this level of minute-to-minute vileness.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Sandycat said:

Alex said earlier today that she wants to tell Kevin that America is going to hate him.

Yeah.  Uh-huh. Like Alex is some kind of infallible barometer of national opinion.  WTF would Alex know about what America loves or hates?  Hell, she doesn't even have her finger on the pulse of proper Spandex wear.  

2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

She's the type of person who needs someone to demonize. Plus she's probably mad that Jason has loyalty to Kevin.

...or, more specifically, Alex is mad Jason has any degree of loyalty to somebody other than herself.

• Love 9

Paul has convinced everyone to target Jason and Alex while convincing Alex to throw it. Barring Kevin winning, Jason and Alex are totally fucked next week. Hilarious.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, mooses said:

It's hard to say - I think it helped in the way that it made her less of a threat. But, she did survive her first few nominations when she had two good legs because of her social game, so I don't think it can automatically be assumed that she'd be one of the evicted even if she was still a big physical threat.

I do lean to it hurting her game more.

4 hours ago, gunderda said:

I think it helped her game. People felt sorry for her and she was no longer a threat. 

While there is some degree of validity on either side, I think I lean more toward the view of Tannenbaum's injury having a net negative effect on her game.

Pros:

• Reduces chance of other HGs viewing Christmas as a physical comp threat.
  • Potential sympathy leverage may be in play under certain circumstances.

Cons:

• Can't compete in either HoH or PoV comps with anything beyond the most sedentary physical engagement.
  • Diminishes perceived alliance benefit of Christmas to other HGs, since she can't contribute to strategic must-win comps with a significant physical component.
  • Additional resentment to deal with on the part of some HGs who don't think Christmas should have been allowed to continue game play post-accident in the first place.
  • Until very recently, prescribed medications may have interfered with Xmas' ability to make and/or execute sound strategic judgment.

On the whole, I think the cons outweigh the pros.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Paul has convinced everyone to target Jason and Alex while convincing Alex to throw it. Barring Kevin winning, Jason and Alex are totally fucked next week. Hilarious.

I wish for Jason to win veto and Alex to get bounced to the jury house.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Cutty said:

Good.

She is the source of negativity both in and out of the house. She's being a pill on the feeds AND feeders respond by rightfully criticizing her. The latter is more than warranted but it is all I read about when I log on.

It is tiring. The solution is for her to get the fuck out of the house 

9 hours ago, Michichick said:

While sitting next to Kevin

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 16
7 hours ago, PhoneCop said:

Looks like I'll be up in your HOH room a lot! "Someday We'll Know" still makes me all squishy inside (and it was kinda sorta a minor hit in its own right).

"Crying Like a Church on Monday". All the feels still to this day. 

3 minutes ago, Michichick said:

I'm still wishing for a rogue asteroid or something hitting the house. Maybe we should paint a target on the house, just so it can't miss. I'd also take a rouge asteroid. 

• Love 6

Poor Kevin has such a terrible read on things. He is so sure Paul and Josh wouldn't vote him out if he's on the block against Raven. 

LOL. At least Josh is honest. 

• Love 12

As Callaphera pointed out on the episode thread, Matt and Raven's used condom collection made the broadcast show.  Yeah, it was a comment from Josh during the "Hide and Go Veto" comp so it probably went over the heads of the broadcast only viewers, but I think it was a sign from day-to-day Production (camera operators, audio folks, editors ec.) about how their opinion of the current hamsters.  Or at least their opinion of Matt and Raven.

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

As Callaphera pointed out on the episode thread, Matt and Raven's used condom collection made the broadcast show.  Yeah, it was a comment from Josh during the "Hide and Go Veto" comp so it probably went over the heads of the broadcast only viewers, but I think it was a sign from day-to-day Production (camera operators, audio folks, editors ec.) about how their opinion of the current hamsters.  Or at least their opinion of Matt and Raven.

To be fair, I was like the third person to comment on it but yeah. That moment didn't have to make the show but it did. I think I felt the most sympathy for anyone I've felt in this house all season long when Kevin put his hand down on one. That's just wrong. I wish I hadn't been eating dinner right then. 

• Love 6