Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

On 2017-9-11 at 8:46 AM, house864 said:

I've been doing a lot of thinking about Big Brother as a whole, sad I know, since this season has been such a trainwreck and I've come up with a theory. It's all Will Kirby's fault. 

First some background on my history with the show. My wife and I watched it from day one. Every episode. We didn't follow feeds or look anything up until season 6. We were obsessed every season and debated strategy and who would win or lose or whatever. When season 6 came around I was convinced the friendship couldn't possibly be as bad as they were being portrayed so I started looking online and found Joker's. This was my first exposure to the feeds and would change the way I viewed the game.

While there was some production interference and whatnot I could see the game was still there. All-stars changed all that and while following it I realized that the way the game was played was changing. The production interference seemed more heavy handed and not even subtle and that's where my Will Kirby's theory comes from.

My wife and I were so disappointed to see Will carry, and yes he carried him, the slimy weasel Boogie to the end that we stopped watching totally. We missed season 8-11 completely and then picked it back up with the brigade and have since watched all the seasons we missed but it's not the same game. That game ended with season 6.

When All-stars started Will was faced with a dilemma. He was playing a game against people who'd all played before. Who had played a game that he hadn't played because in season 2 there was no veto or backdoors or six finger plans. No outrageous twists. Just the HOH and a bunch of people for him to manipulate. Now he had a cast who all had more experience and weren't as easily manipulated. So he went for the next best thing manipulate production to give him what he wants. He did that by pitching them a story arc. For once they didn't have to cobble together a story from the episodes. They could just make the story happen with the help of the houseguests it was benefitting. And voila the new age of Big Brother is born.

This is even further proven by a few statements that Dan Geesling has made when giving tips on how to play. He's said more than once it's not winning comps or your social game that will keep you in the house. You have to remember you're on a television show and give them something to make your character interesting to make them want you to stay against all odds.

The fact that Will is the one who moderates the juror round table discussions just adds to the fact that production wants to make sure they can control the outcome to tell the story they have in mind for that specific season.

I think Nicole won last season because a woman had to beat a guy in the final two. It had never happened in the US Big Brother and it had twice on the Canadian counterpart and between that and the rumors of sexism they wanted a female to win against a male to prove that it was possible on the US version.

This season is Paul's payback for taking second. I don't think he was ever supposed to win because that wasn't the story they wanted to tell. I also don't think him controlling the house the way he has is the story either. They wanted a split house. Right vs left. To tie into the split in America over the election and all the crap from both sides. All American Marine Cody and his soldiers vs tattooed trendy hipster Paul and his soldiers. They cast a huge amount of followers who were needy and wanted to be accepted as cannon fodder to sacrifice as the two generals made war on screen. That's not what happened. Cody took the shot at Paul just like they wanted but they never imagined every houseguest but Jessica would run cowering to Paul when the Pendant of Ass Protection was used. That's when they lost control of the story and it's been a train wreck ever since. The fact that Paul isn't even respecting production and is ordering his minions to throw comps and ignore temptations makes it worse. He's taken them out of the equation.

I really doesn't matter though because next season will be a new story. I accepted that when I started watching again in season 12. It hasn't felt like a true game since season 6 and I don't think it ever truly will again unless there are drastic changes made. 

I thought you guys might like to hear my thoughts on it and I'd love to hear if you agree or disagree.

And a further note. Thank you to everyone who follows the feeds and types up and fills us non feed watchers in on the goings on in the house. I can't even make it through an episode of After Dark without falling asleep so it's much appreciated. Especially since for me the most entertaining part of the show is the dichotomy between what is shown on screen and what really happens.

Oh i wish i could like your post 10 times! I just posted something similar regarding S6 feeling like the last time I felt engaged in the game. I miss those endurance comps from hell and also people fighting tooth and nail to win! The casting has really gone bad now too. Social media famewhores and ppl looking to make a living from one summer of reality tv. I want a real mix of all walks of life!

I dont like the dogpile game it has turned into. 

Dont even get me started on Derrick and how ppl think he was some Mastermind. This season reminds me a lot of that season. 

I enjoyed Will's antics. I really did, but know he is as greasy and slippery as they come. And Boogie ...that slimeball!

I feel like mother time here, reminiscing about the good old days!?

• Love 3

I will throw some AFP votes Kevin's way, but I will also vote for a couple of other people too, and I'm not sure exactly who yet.  I'm not voting for Jessica and Cody at all, and not Elena.  DEFINITELY NOT Alex.  Not Raven or Matt.  Not Christmas.   Not Paul.   And probably none of the people who got booted out in the first few weeks of the game (because I barely remember them).

I might throw a few votes to Josh, even though he made some questionable game moves, because I expected him to be gone in the first few weeks, when he was homesick and fighting with Cody and Jessica, but he evolved as a player quite a bit.

And I might thrown some AFP votes at Mark too, just because he actually seems like a decent guy.

I wish I could throw some votes to Jason, because he was funny, he was a pretty good competitor and I think he is probably a good guy (he was at least nice to Kevin in the game), but it's hard to get past some of his unfortunate comments ("jokes"), so I'm not sure I will.

Edited by TVFan17

I'm voting for Cody because "Hold that thought." was the single best moment this show provided all season.

Mark is my actual favorite of the bunch, but I just don't think he has a chance to win.

So Cody is the best chance to give a minor FU to Paul and his team.

Further, if I'm giving money to someone when there aren't any good options that actually have a chance to win, I might as well pick someone where it might make a young kid's life a little better.

• Love 16

I am voting all Cody for AFP, even though I despise him.

It's the classic "on the horns of a dilemma"

Faced with a decision involving equally unfavorable alternatives, I think a Cody win has the best chance of exposing the travesty of this whole season.

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, wings707 said:

This year it is not about liking who you vote for.  I don't think anyone likes him much other than he had Paul's number and stood up for that.  It is all about sending a message to the sheep and shepherd. 

This. And I think of it as giving his cute little daughter the $25k.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

I am voting all Cody for AFP, even though I despise him.

It's the classic "on the horns of a dilemma"

Faced with a decision involving equally unfavorable alternatives, I think a Cody win has the best chance of exposing the travesty of this whole season.

Well said and I agree.  

• Love 4

Edited version of one of the best moments of the season:

There's not many who are likable this season or who deserve the money for me. It's either one or the other, for the most part. I've established at the beginning of the season that I had no connections with anyone. I liked or disliked certain people, but I never had a burning hatred or burning love for anyone (well, that was until the season went on). I still don't love anyone, which is why AFP for me is about entertainment more than likability. I like Mark, but his edit on the show (or lack thereof) ensures that he doesn't win and he might not even make top 3. So...I'm for the biggest entertainment value and who can make Paul the angriest, and that's Cody. Cody basically beat him many times this season in comps. Although Paul's probably making F2 at this point (bar some miracle of Josh winning final HOH), Cody winning AFP would be the final Fuck You, Friendship. 

Also, Cody has shown that he loves his daughter very much so I have no doubt part of that money will be going to her. Just like Kevin would probably gives some of his earnings toward his children as well. It's not a lose-lose situation as to who wins AFP, because it's really between Cody, Kevin, and maybe Jason (I guess maybe Josh as well if he doesn't make F2?). We know the money's going toward something good, at least. I'd just kind of love Cody winning, even if it's just for the split second reaction before the finale ends. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, diana said:

Reddit spoiler says Paul won POV because of course.

And he won't use it, because that gets blood on his hands. And then he tells Christmas whether to evict Kevin or to evict Josh. 

I hope, if Paul tells her to evict Josh, she says no and evicts Kevin.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

And he won't use it, because that gets blood on his hands. And then he tells Christmas whether to evict Kevin or to evict Josh. 

I hope, if Paul tells her to evict Josh, she says no and evicts Kevin.

Ugh! Of course he did. 

Christmas will get rid of Josh without any problem at all. She is the biggest Paul minion of them all. I keep wondering why the two of them sleep in the same bed when so many are empty. I think Josh was onto the showmance, though it's probably all in her mind.

Edited by Sandycat
  • Love 1

I've seen a lot of people on Twitter & Reddit saying Bye Bye Josh- since he didn't win POV. Maybe I'm missing something but I thought he 100% wanted Josh in F2 cuz he doesn't think anyone likes him. Alex told Paul to bring Josh to F2 cuz Paul would for sure win. 

I would think he would want Kevin gone since he has good relationships with Cody, Elena, Mark & Jason and would be afraid he would lose to him. 

I'm confused. Lmao. 

33 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

It might be a technical flaw in their system. But the worry is that those votes aren't being counted at all.

It's allowing me to vote unlimited also.  I hope it counts as I'm getting carpal tunnel syndrome here.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, SiobhanJW said:

I've seen a lot of people on Twitter & Reddit saying Bye Bye Josh- since he didn't win POV. Maybe I'm missing something but I thought he 100% wanted Josh in F2 cuz he doesn't think anyone likes him. Alex told Paul to bring Josh to F2 cuz Paul would for sure win. 

I would think he would want Kevin gone since he has good relationships with Cody, Elena, Mark & Jason and would be afraid he would lose to him. 

I'm confused. Lmao. 

People are panicking because they think Paul's plan was to get rid of Josh, since he's a tough competitor and isn't 100% loyal to Paul. But it's just rumours and fears. Personally, that could be a potentially fatal move to Paul's game, so he's better off not disbanding his F3 deal. He knows how emotional Josh gets; if Paul gets Christmas to evict him, Josh will know what happened and he could be upset enough to turn the jury against Paul. All he needs to do is spill the things Paul has said about them and he could get the jury really thinking about if they want Paul to win. If Josh tells Raven and Matt the entire truth, would they be willing to still vote for Paul in the end? Well, would Raven, at least? 

Basically, Paul's risking a lot if he evicts Josh. 

• Love 1

I just can't imagine Mark performing well in AFP. He was the most defensible HouseGuest in terms of morality and character for those fluent in the nuances of what transpired. But he was just bland and benign on the broadcasts - the extent of his pushback against the hyena-like displays of Paul and Co weren't even accurately rendered on prime time because the depths to which Christmas et al sunk weren't faithfully portrayed. On the network airings, he cried a lot and that was about it. He didn't have the quirkiness of Kevin or Jason and CBS did much more on behalf of those two to mitigate their despicableness. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Sandycat said:

Ugh! Of course he did. 

Christmas will get rid of Josh without any problem at all. She is the biggest Paul minion of them all. I keep wondering why the two of them sleep in the same bed when so many are empty. I think Josh was onto the showmance, though it's probably all in her mind.

Josh was calling them "Paulmas" at one point a couple of weeks back, I think it was.  Josh said he referred to them as "Paulmas" in the DR, and Paul looked very bothered by that and immediately wanted to know what Josh said (because Paul has a girl waiting for him out of the house, and I think he was worried she would believe Josh's showmance accusations).   Josh could not talk about it (because it was a DR session), but Paul was not amused.

More recently Josh asked Paul and Christmas if they were in a showmance, and Paul was quick to say no.

12 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

I've seen a lot of people on Twitter & Reddit saying Bye Bye Josh- since he didn't win POV. Maybe I'm missing something but I thought he 100% wanted Josh in F2 cuz he doesn't think anyone likes him. Alex told Paul to bring Josh to F2 cuz Paul would for sure win

I'm confused. Lmao. 

I actually think Josh would have a good chance of winning against Paul, but Alex also had a deep, abiding, irrational hatred of Kevin (to the point of obsessing over him, as we saw so often), so there is no scenario in which she would accept Kevin being in a F2 -- even if it guaranteed Paul a win.    She actually likes Josh and would be able to accept him in a F2 situation much more easily -- but she couldn't even get past her disdain for Kevin to see that nominating him right after Jason's eviction was ridiculous and made no sense.  All she could think about was wanting Kevin out because he was surely responsible for Jason leaving.  So she is still viewing things through the "Kevin is the enemy" glasses when she thinks of the end of the game, and she would never want him in F2 with anyone, even if it meant that the other person won.

Edited by TVFan17
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I am actually watching the episode. They actually showed the Paul slap. ...

Eh, it looked more like a funny two person version of a slap the forehead thing as noble Paul woke up dumb Josh to the fact that Alex was playing Josh. 

Production knows they can't stop Paul at this point so the whole episode showed Paul completely in a good light.  No vacillating on his part.  No, good, thoughtful Paul marches off to tenderly tell Alex she has to go.  Heartfelt Paul in diary room.  I think production would have loved a surprise take-down of Paul at this point but it isn't happening so they are spinning him both the brilliant strategy guy as well as the tender-hearted guy.

3 hours ago, zenithwit said:

GUYS, WHO ARE WE VOTING FOR AFP?!?!?!?!

I'm seriously thinking of voting for Cameron but I don't think it will gain any traction.

Anyone BUT Cody.  Bad enough one bad guy is winning.  Giving money to the other main bully bad guy just compounds the horror. 

And anyone who declares that his wife should never talk to other men (and Cody said it and it was quoted on this very forum) as well as hates transgenders and wants the US to invade numerous countries does not deserve a single penny.  It would be like voting for a certain candidate last election (won't say who, cough ... hint, he won) because you were pissed off at something else.  It is totally lose-lose.

Is Cody ignorant?  Yes of course he is.  Every single bigot in history is by definition "ignorant."  Ignorance is no excuse.  Especially for someone in their 30's living in the mass media 21st century.  Nope, the ignorance defense does not wash.

2 hours ago, Irishsecra said:

Well, for me, I vote for who I like.

i could care less about sending a message especially if someone I really dislike with a passion gets 25k.

Well said.

And Paul could care less who gets the chump change prize as long as he wins the big one.  So it certainly doesn't send a message to him anyway.

I'd rather see Mark get it (best human of those that made it to the jury) then some downright smug and mean-spirited bigot like Cody.  Or Josh because he was actually trying to get Paul out but was thwarted at every turn by all the remaining brainwashed hamsters.  And I bet both would use the money more wisely.  Yes I used the term wisely and Josh in the same paragraph.  But Josh seems really close to his family and is more likely to share much of it with them.

Cody getting it sends a message not to Paul but rather to production to keep casting bigoted assholes.  That's the last "message" I'd ever want to see sent.

Edited by green
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, green said:

Cody getting it sends a message not to Paul but rather to production to keep casting bigoted assholes.  That's the last "message" I'd ever want to see sent.

Well, if Frank could win AFP back in his season, and if Jeff won it twice, even after his own bigoted comments, I really don't see it stopping now. They're always going to cast assholes. 

Also, I'd rather not see Josh get it because even if he did turn on Paul, it was far too late. Plus, don't forget that he made his own comments and tormented and bullied Mark with the pots and pans. He gladly led the charge on Cody and Jess as well, and supported the fights. 

Again, you don't have to like him or want him to win; that's totally fine, and I get it. But him winning won't stop them from casting assholes. Look at Paul, after all. He was a big asshole last season and he's come back time and time again. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, green said:

No, good, thoughtful Paul marches off to tenderly tell Alex she has to go. 

This one galled me in particular - because correct me if I'm wrong, but:

• Didn't Paul and Passover expressly intend to keep Alex totally in the dark until she was blindsided by the split-vote/Josh tiebreaker, a la Jason?
  • And wasn't it Josh who basically forced Paul to tell Alex the truth, by saying he (Josh) would tell Alex she was being evicted if Paul and/or Xmas wouldn't?

So yeah, Paul's "gotta be honest with Alex" DR was just a load of what makes the roses bloom so pretty in the springtime.  :P

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned anything about adding their names to the toilet door in the downstairs bathroom.  Or did Production get rid of the old door with all the names scratched on it?

I was wondering about that, too. I also haven't heard of them pulling back the tape on their mic packs to see which old HG used to use theirs.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Nashville said:

This one galled me in particular - because correct me if I'm wrong, but:

• Didn't Paul and Passover expressly intend to keep Alex totally in the dark until she was blindsided by the split-vote/Josh tiebreaker, a la Jason?
  • And wasn't it Josh who basically forced Paul to tell Alex the truth, by saying he (Josh) would tell Alex she was being evicted if Paul and/or Xmas wouldn't?

So yeah, Paul's "gotta be honest with Alex" DR was just a load of what makes the roses bloom so pretty in the springtime.  :P

Yep when they gave Paul that edit I knew production told the editors to do their best to spin Paul in a good way because there was no way he wouldn't win at this point and they had to do what was best for the show as in cover-up the "negative Paul" now as much as possible for TV viewers.

But that is what they always do and the show has ratings higher than in the recent past according to people posting here so same old same old.  It's a win in the end for the production company (and network in selling the ads) and that is all that matters for a TV show in the end. 

In fact they are probably happy that people online are getting so worked up about this season since there is no such thing as bad publicity.  Look at the people here wanting to go off and vote numerous times to "show" them what for. They don't care.  The more votes cast the better.  It is just another data point they gather to up the price of the ads sold next season.

• Love 4
On 9/12/2017 at 7:42 PM, Sandycat said:

I love The Great British Bakeoff!!!

I do too!!  There's just something about it.  It's really satisfying and friendly.  LOL, Friendship!

Edited by zoltana
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, katifantastico said:

Paul talking to the camera. He said that he is taking Josh to F2. 

I think that may be a big mistake for Paul. Not sure Christmas has friends in the jury, and it's unclear whether they respect Kevin enough to reward him, but Josh played reasonably hard, pulled out challenges, and didn't inspire the kind of worship-turned-bitterness, that Paul seems to be getting from everyone emerging from the house. 

Just now, Auntie Velvet said:

Jess said something about everyone should vote 20 times each day. Did you get beyond 20?

I'm not saying there was anything at all amiss with the AFHG voting - but if there was, I'd expect my mouse hand to be cramping somewhere around the 100th vote.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Jess said something about everyone should vote 20 times each day. Did you get beyond 20?

I think so. Even the website says you can vote 20 times each day.

When I voted for all other things like the hex, everytime I voted it counted down and said how many votes left until 0. It never did that tonight. It just let me keep doing it until I realized I think I was over 20.

• Love 1