Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

The Coup d'Etat (pronounced koo-day-tah) is a special power given to a houseguest. It allows the holder to remove two nominees from the Nomination Block and replace them with two other houseguests (except for the Head of Household and the Veto holder). It is similar to the Diamond Power of Veto, except the holder can remove both nominees from the Block, as opposed to just one.

The Coup d'Etat first appeared as a prize in Big Brother: All-Stars, but it was not used. The power appeared once again in Big Brother 11, and the holder was chosen by America.The Coup d'Etat has also appeared in Big Brother Canada 3, but its name was not referenced.

28 minutes ago, Nashville said:

...and despite the freaky deeky French spelling, it's pronounced "Kootie Taw".  :D

@KootieTaw Your powers are being summoned.  Make it happen!

• Love 6

I think you had to be watching the season in question to really appreciate the humor of the Kootie Taw. Just like when I tried to explain "Technotronics" to a non-viewer and they were like "You mean that 'Pump Up the Jam' song?"

• Love 8
Just now, PhoneCop said:

I think you had to be watching the season in question to really appreciate the humor of the Kootie Taw. Just like when I tried to explain "Technotronics" to a non-viewer and they were like "You mean that 'Pump Up the Jam' song?"

The husband can never understand why Clown Shoe makes me laugh hysterically. I explain it every season but he just can't seem to grasp the idea of a grown man eliminating himself out of a competition by tossing a giant clown shoe out of his ball pit by accident and why that would be so funny to me. 

Man, all these things involve Jeff. What the hell?

• Love 13

Clown Shoe! Still one of the finest moments this dumb show has ever given us.

4 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

@PhoneCop, did you try screaming "Technotronics" at them?

No, it was pretty clear that no explanation was going to suffice to someone who wasn't there. Especially since they in turn were busting out the Felly moves at that point.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

The husband can never understand why Clown Shoe makes me laugh hysterically. I explain it every season but he just can't seem to grasp the idea of a grown man eliminating himself out of a competition by tossing a giant clown shoe out of his ball pit by accident and why that would be so funny to me. 

Man, all these things involve Jeff. What the hell?

Love him or hate him, the guy WAS pretty memorable. In great part because he was the #1 Grodner crush of all time (sorry, Frank!), but still. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, njbarmaid said:

My daughter suffers horribly from it, has gotten in the way of college, the side effects from medication are horrible.  No way Raven would be flipping around in the backyard with it.

I'm sorry to hear that. I have had some luck with Lysteda and surgery, but there are still months where I cannot function for hours. A few months ago I started researching recovery for a full hysterectomy because I was in unreasonable pain with painkillers and a heating pad. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

• Love 3

Yeah, my sister-in-law has it so it really is galling to see this whack job try to claim it, as well, but of COURSE she does, since it must be one of the most popular diseases for people who pretend to have diseases to claim. 

• Love 3

Christmas, Paul, and Josh are talking.  Christmas said that Matt is a fucking strong competitor.  Based on what?  Doubly weird coming from her considering that she recently told Matt he needed to start stepping up at these competitions.

Paul says if for some reason they can't get Cody next week, then it needs to be Elena.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I'm sure all the women who watch the live feeds and suffer from it feel better now that Raven is bringing awareness to that itchy, painful rash that's spreading on all their internal organs. Remember, wear ecru for endometriosis!

What's next, she needs a prostate exam? 

Cracking me up Callaphera. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

Paul. Solitary confinement. 24 hours.

C'mon BB, make it happen!

Raven - solitary confinement PULEEEEEEZE. If not Paul, then her. FFS. DO SOMETHING INTERESTING BIG BROTHER PRODUCTION. And yes, I am shouting.

• Love 9

Alex and Raven are talking about TV shows.  They started talking about The Vampire Diaries and Alex mangled Ian Somerhalder's last name.  It sounded like she called him Ian Salamander.  I also think it's funny that none of the tv shows they were talking about are CBS shows.

My niece and I were texting last night about Big Brother. She is a huge fan but this year is only watching the broadcast shows. Other years she watched BBAD, but she doesn't like spoilers. I was telling her about Raven and her two "terminal" illnesses and assorted craziness and she had no idea. Zero! She did recall one time it was mentioned, but that is it. Casual viewers have no idea. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I was just explaining to my wife about the Kootie Taw the other day. Somehow she was not as amused as we all are (myself included - I think it is high-larious). 

Love you! 

• Love 1

With Jessica going pre jury it might help her Instagram feed. That's her job, right? I don't think she has a real job, right? She's very pretty and I'm sure she'll find something in this crazy 24/7 reality world. At least, she'll be able to do interviews and then she can find out what Cody is really like in the real world. It might not change her mind about him but at least she'll have all the information.

• Love 1

Raven lying about Cody like that to Matt and Christmas tells me she is a compulsive liar. She didn't hesitate at all in spewing her bullshit. She added more when she didn't get the reaction she wanted, but she is clearly one of those people who can convince themselves that the lie is the truth. This particular lie bugs me because it has no purpose other than cruelty. It's one thing for her to deny stealing Alex's cat ears. That lie benefits her game. To lie about Cody trying to kiss her though is just for attention and to take a jab at Jessica. She wants someone to repeat this lie to Jessica. 

In short, I hate Raven. 

Also, the house should vote out Elena who is far better at this game than Jessica. But they won't. 

Edited by Fallacy
  • Love 14
15 minutes ago, Fallacy said:

Raven lying about Cody like that to Matt and Christmas tells me she is a compulsive liar. She didn't hesitate at all in spewing her bullshit. She added more when she didn't get the reaction she wanted, but she is clearly one of those people who can convince themselves that the lie is the truth. This particular lie bugs me because it has no purpose other than cruelty. It's one thing for her to deny stealing Alex's cat ears. That lie benefits her game. To lie about Cody trying to kiss her though is just for attention and to take a jab at Jessica. She wants someone to repeat this lie to Jessica. 

In short, I hate Raven. 

Also, the house should vote out Elena who is far better at this game than Jessica. But they won't. 

They'd have to check in with Paul , its his choice who goes. Nobody else has a say. 

9 hours ago, burgerbitz said:

He would "literally" implode!!! I'd pay for the feeds just to see that. 

Me too! 

• Love 3

Last night , Paul mentions to Josh that someone told him that Xmas thought he was trying to protect Elena. Be interesting  to see if Josh tells Xmas what he heard. They will know the leak has to eb either Alex, Jason orKevin. It was Alex.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 1

Paul was giving the I can't win spiel to Kevin last night and Kevin was agreeing that he can't win. I hope he was just blowing smoke up his butt. Paul also said he wants to keep Raven around until the end because she will be easy to beat. 

Kevin also still thinks Cody won't target Paul because he gave him his word "as a man". 

• Love 11

I like how Jessica is slowly realizing how incompatible her and Cody really are. Even if they attempt their romance outside of the house, they aren't going to last very long. If she does go out this Thursday, she'll probably be over most of his bullshit by the time he's out of the house on finale night. 

4 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Derrick didn't one big thing, he did a lot of smaller things to keep himself safe and in the game. 

For example, he would have never allowed any of the fights to happen that have occurred this season. He also would have taken Paul's position, but would have been way less obnoxious about it. He'd have systemically targeted the drama king/queen players and ejected them quickly to keep the house calm and placated. I don't like Derrick, but he would have easily played circles around these people like he did during his original season. Though him making it to the end is questionable without BotB in play or Team America. 

Agreed. I'm biased because I was a fan of Derrick and, though he played a boring game, he still played a lot better than most recent houseguests. He played in a more subtle way, mind you, and he did make moves to get him far. I remember he fought to keep Zach around during week 2, when everyone (Zach's boy Ariana Grande's brother included) would have gladly let him go over Paola. He kept Victoria in his back pocket and got her quite far. He also didn't play a mean game. He wasn't the type to instigate fights; he knew which battles to pick and which to leave alone. I think, even without BotB and Team America, he would have gotten quite far. A lot of people seemed to trust him. Paul, though playing a similar game, is much more aggressive about the way that he does it and people are catching on. Unfortunately, Paul knows which minions are completely under his spell (Raven, Alex), and which ones are good for him to drag far (Josh, Christmas, Kevin). Everyone else, he seems to be fine with disposing of as soon as possible. 

I know Paul's said that he wants him, Kevin, Josh, Raven, and Christmas as final 5. I don't know how truthful he is about that, but I believe he told Kevin that last night. I think he's pretty genuine with Kevin; he seems to really like the guy so I buy what he says to him more than what he says to anyone else.

Man, though, hearing Paul say that he wants to keep Raven around longer makes me sad inside. I really wanted him to get rid of her sooner. I can't stand her or Alex. Alex needs to go sooner, though, because she's the lynchpin holding Kevin/Jason together fully with Paul. Once she goes, those two can start forming their own opinions. 

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

On Thursday, Cody will vote to keep Jessica, Mark will vote to keep Elena and Matt will likely vote to keep Raven. The others will likely do as Paul does and vote out Jessica.

So in practical terms, Mark and Matt will vote Jessica out, right, since they have to cast a vote to evict? And Cody will vote to evict Raven.

Kevin wants Cody alone in the house so he can work with him. He's voting Jess out. He wouldn't go against Paul anyway. He's so far up Paul's ass he's making Alex jealous.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Kevin wants Cody alone in the house so he can work with him. He's voting Jess out. He wouldn't go against Paul anyway. He's so far up Paul's ass he's making Alex jealous.

I don't know about that.  Remember how Kevin took Jessica, not Cody, into the bathroom to tell her Josh was not going home and that they were fooling her saying he was.  I think if he was buddies with Cody he would have told him.

Kevin and flip flop Christmas could be a good pair except for her.  Never know where she stands and maybe that's her game.

Kevin has something up his sleeve but he knows one slip up and Paul would make sure he was gone.  Kevin has an interesting game going. 

I don't like Jason.  He has nothing going but riding on Alex coattails. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Cutty said:

Now, see there?  Here I was all nice and comfortable with disliking Jessica, and she goes and says something which makes me like her again.  She's GinaMarie in reverse.

• Love 19
20 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Now, see there?  Here I was all nice and comfortable with disliking Jessica, and she goes and says something which makes me like her again.  She's GinaMarie in reverse.

She reels him in on many things.  It's funny to watch him respond to her admonishments by obeying often donning a puppy dog look.  And of course he has his fuck off moments where he ignores her wisdom. 

Even though, in a weak moment,  she asked Cody if he could come with her to Six Flags she knows this won't work.  That is where she is headed once out.  He said, I am not afraid of walking.  It wouldn't surprise me if he did. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, zorak said:

Jason's current sleeping position.  lol

Jason sleeping.png

...and the self-dick-sucking attempts continue.  As God is my witness, I don't know when - or why - this became a "thing"....

;>

• Love 8

Josh has said Elena is his target. So why did he nominate Jessica? Putting Jessica on the block ruined his chances to get out his target.

I cannot believe the downright idiotic moves some of these HGs have made. That was just as moronic as Jessica not using the veto to take off Ramses and replacing him with Paul. Then, Josh would not have even been in that house to win HOH and nominate her. 

In a way, she is responsible if she gets evicted by Josh's HOH on Thurday. She put that scenario in place for herself. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, DakotaLavender said:

Josh has said Elena is his target. So why did he nominate Jessica? Putting Jessica on the block ruined his chances to get out his target.

I cannot believe the downright idiotic moves some of these HGs have made. That was just as moronic as Jessica not using the veto to take off Ramses. and replacing him with Paul. Then, Josh would not have even been in that house to win HOH and nominate her. 

In a way, she is responsible if she gets evicted by Josh's HOH on Thurday. She put that scenario in place for herself. 

He didn't. She lost the temptation challenge and got herself nominated as a third nominee. But he would have had to put her up anyway because of the stupid "go with the house or you're the next target" mentality that has been happening for seasons. It's not as bad as BB15, where pretty much every eviction was unanimous (I think it was 15), but it's still an issue. 

• Love 3

My mistake, sorry... but I still think by not using her veto she totally changed the direction of the game because Josh would not be there right now if she had. 

Jessica purposely got herself put up as third so she could play in the veto and not be back doored? 

Edited by DakotaLavender
4 minutes ago, zorak said:

Christmas and Josh are talking.  She called BS on Paul's claiming he can't win because he's a vet.  She said Nicole won last season and she was a vet.

YES! Now she just has to say this to Kevin, Jason, Elena, Mark, etc. AND she has to do it all without word getting back to Paul (the hardest part of all).

Raven and Alex wouldn't care/change their minds ... but it's possible the others would! 

Edited by KootieTaw
Finishing my thought... it's early ;)
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, zorak said:

Christmas and Josh are talking.  She called BS on Paul's claiming he can't win because he's a vet.  She said Nicole won last season and she was a vet.

I have a feeling Paul will get Christmas before she gets him. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Artsda said:

If Jason, Kevin, Cody and Mark all vote Raven then it'll force Josh to break the tie and not give Paul another of his sheep.

I'm rarely down for a "bro" alliance ... but if it worked against Paul, I'd be for it.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, zorak said:

God, imagine if Paul was evicted next week? Then I could really enjoy Christmas again! Her mood swings aside (which I'm chalking a portion of it up to her meds), she can be quite perceptive when not jamming her head up Paul's ass. 

Just now, Artsda said:

If Jason, Kevin, Cody and Mark all vote Raven then it'll force Josh to break the tie and not give Paul another of his sheep.

Jason will never do it. He's too far up Alex's ass to make his own choices. 

2 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Oh yeah; Paul already knows that Christmas would turn on him at the first chance she gets. He's going to target her much sooner because of it. I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to target her next week if he couldn't get out Cody.

• Love 1

Paul just said that he's not really a photographer but when he takes photos he gets crafty and people are super impressed with his abilities.  Is there anything Paul would ever admit to being bad at?

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Okay. I need to share the clip of this I just watched on Twitter.

Not that I believe Raven's bs story anyway, but Matt's vitriol at Cody supposedly saying that he and Raven wouldn't work out because she can't have kids was a bit much, no? That's a valid (though understandably hurtful for the person who cannot have children) hill to die on in the mate picking process. It would be different if they were married and they found out she was infertile, and then he reacted that way. Or if his reaction included some derogatory language toward her. But to say that at the very beginning of a potential courtship is perfectly fine imo, and the person that feels that way and says it - one time and respectfully - isn't bad, or a "dickhead" or a piece of shit or whatever else Matt said. He must want to have a reason to say that about Cody, or must think viewers will see him as such a kind, compassionate guy coming to Raven's defense so passionately about that.

(But let me reiterate, I totally think she made that up.)

• Love 5

Christmas' Paul talk is just that. All talk. Her actions goes against what she's spewing. Just this week, she used her advantage to advance his game. 

For all the talk of Alex being Paul's number minion, she is the one he is most loyal to and Alex' gamble to position herself[Jason] to his side of the house has paid off. While she's shared with Paul that Josh is pushing for Elena to go, she has yet to betray Christmas' confiding in her where Paul is concern. She knows what information to share with Paul to keep with the program

Kevin is another Paul minion who talks the talk but his actions disprove his words. He literally takes orders from Paul, just like Christmas does. He wants to work with Cody. AND Paul. 

Until these two stop shit talking Paul and put their words into actions, I find them more intolerable than people like Alex who are actually evenly aligned with Paul

• Love 2

Josh and Matt are talking about their plans post BB.  Matt says he has enough buddies around the country that he could just travel around and not do anything.  Whether he's in the house or out of the house his strategy stays the same:  do nothing.

Edited by zorak
  • Love 15
34 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

I don't know. I think he's really all talk about Christmas, he knows she's a bit batty. But she probably cannot play in those comps at the end, so that means in his mind she's an easy beat for him if he makes it to F3. She won't be able to compete. Also, he talks shit about mostly everyone to other people. So it's hard to gauge what he actually thinks, unless he talks to us. 

I actually think it's the reverse she would get him or at least try before he got her. 

I'm assuming that Jason is just blowing smoke to Cody. But wouldn't it be hysterical if people started throwing Hinky votes around, not realizing other people are doing it and Raven ends up getting evicted by accident. I would die. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 15

Jessica and Cody are out on the hammock.  She tells Cody the next time he gets a chance to ask Kevin who he's voting to evict.  She says he told her he wasn't going to vote to evict Jessica but she wants to know if he'll vote to evict Elena or Raven.  She wants it to be towards Raven.  Cody says he already talked to Jason this morning and said he wanted just one more vote for Raven.  Cody said it would make things square and Jason said it was a deal.  Cody didn't want to tell her because he was planning on doing the same thing with Kevin and Mark and he wanted Jessica to be surprised by it.  He knows that even if he's successful it would still be a 4-4 vote.  Jessica says she doesn't want it to be a tie because she doesn't want Josh to have the final say in sending her home.  Cody says he'll still ask Mark and Kevin because he's sure one of them will turn and not go through with it anyway.  But he wants to see Raven's face if he's successful in getting people other than himself to vote her out.

• Love 6