Type keyword(s) to search

S34.E11: Reinventing How This Game Is Played

• Start Topic

(edited)
3 hours ago, Drogo said:

Tribal Council:  Okay so I guess 200 things happened between what we saw and this.  And I guess they told Brad and Sierra to vote for Tai, because they know Tai will go nuts later and side with them?  Or side with a chicken or a flower or whatever, and not Brad and Sierra?                                 

Side with a chicken? Or a flower? Or a whatever?

OK. OK. That is about it! That is about enough!

I just wish I could give you a trophy for "best post" following an episode of Survivor. Or ... maybe ... "Funniest post of the day" ... or ... Best post for an episode ... or ... any one of another number of categories.

But I can't. I don't know how. And even if I did know how, I wouldn't be able to do it. So, please just let me say, you have injured my ribs and my sides due to an over abundance of laughing out loud ... you know .... LOL!  I been splitting my sides and I figure that you owe me for the costs of the surgery.

But, I will allow you to escape without paying the costs as a token of my appreciation for your wonderful and most funny posts. Well done! You are truly a scoundrel --- but in the very best sense of the word.  You can give your Kaleesi a message for me and tell her that you deserve a thorough spanking for making so many people spit up their coffee or other various sundry liquids. But, I think most of us will excuse you.

Hats off to you, Mr. Drogo!

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, F. M. said:

And I strongly disagree. Sarah is playing a much better game!!

11 hours ago, Nalan said:

. . . Good for you, @F. M.  Sarah is playing well, but better than Cirie?  Not seeing it.

I think between the two of them, Cirie would have the edge as far as the jury's concerned, namely because Cirie hasn't 'betrayed' anyone to this point while Sarah may get some bitterness vibes thrown at her (namely Debbie, but certainly Brad/Sierra/Troy as well). Cirie's game this year has been fully on the subtle. Not making waves. Listening, being a confidant, etc. Sarah herself trusted Cirie to reveal her secret advantage.

1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

I loved that bat! And also the striped lizard who sat there all relaxed, listening to the women talk strategy.

That lizard was the best part of the episode. Just your average curious onlooker.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Daisy said:

The only person (In the game) that bothers me is Sarah because she's very much the same way "omg, big move. omg you're telling me what to do, I'm gonna get you out because I want to have power."

3 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Sarah seemed to be playing her failed, "I'm the swing vote, dammit!" strategy from her last season, by trying too hard to save Zeke.  She would be better off going with the flow, hiding in the weeds and pouncing with her steal-a-vote when the time is right.

50 minutes ago, TaraS1 said:

That's exactly what I'm hoping she does, because I think she's too much of a loose cannon.  She's too willing to flip and she needs to be coddled too much.  

2 hours ago, ShadowSixx said:

Sarah is almost playing the game like Kass, wanting to make big moves all the time and don't want to see other people in position of power or having swing votes. If she keeps that up she'll see herself right where she was the last time she played...voted out.

Where are you guys even getting this stuff?  It's completely made up.  She pushed back gently against the idea of Zeke, since she wanted Zeke for her own game -- shocking I know -- but she dropped it as soon as Andrea and Cirie made it clear they really wanted it.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I think Andrea was right on the line between petty and strategic.  Yes, Zeke does want to get her out, but I think Andrea would have been a bit safer in the game keeping him around and getting rid of someone from Culpepper's alliance first, just because of the numbers.

Also, I think her insistence on getting Zeke out, revealed to anyone who didn't already know, that Andrea is running things and will probably win if she gets to FTC.   I think that could lead to some of her alliance mates turning on her, possibly as soon as the next vote. 

Your second point -- about Andrea showing the others she's in charge -- is excellent.   Add that to her great challenge play and winning personality, and she's given everyone every reason NOT to sit next to her in finals.  

I think I don't agree with your first point though.  Mainly because I don't feel they really had a six-person alliance.  They couldn't count on Zeke, who wanted to boot Andrea (for starters).  I doubt they could count on Sarah for long either.  So while it was a tough decision, IMO Zeke was their best choice.    

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Jersey Guy 87 said:

She may claim to be the originator of Survivor.

I wouldn't be shocked if she said that they were going to choose her to host the show but Probst beat her out in the annoying department.

• Love 1
(edited)

"As long as it wasn't Andrea, Cirie, Michaela, or Aubry, I'm good with the vote." I agree, Lady Chatts, except for Andrea. She rubs me the wrong way. Too much hubris -- it seems like she feels superior to everyone (except Sierra, who considers herself to be the Queen of the Universe). I must say, though, Andrea is a challenge beast. I have to give her kudos for that. She deserves to win more than most of the other players, but I will definitely have screaming toddler conniptions if she actually does take home the million.

I would still love to see either Cirie or Michaela win -- Cirie because she's just cool and intelligent, and Michaela because it would be a HUGE surprise. I can't even be upset that Michaela wept over Zeke's ouster, because she's young and she's green and for some silly reason, she thought he was her friend and ally. Cirie needs to sit down with Michaela again, and give her some advice on how to stay calm under pressure and make it to the end of this ordeal.

Edited by Dominii
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, blackwing said:

It could have been 5 vs. 5.  Would probably have led to rock

Sarah could have pulled out the vote steal advantage she has and sent Sierra packing. And once again be the person who is decimating the strong six.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Sarah could have pulled out the vote steal advantage she has and sent Sierra packing. And once again be the person who is decimating the strong six.

But I thought the "steal a vote" had to be done before the voting.  She would have to say something like "I use my advantage to steal Brad's vote".  She gets to Brad's vote in place of Brad.  I didn't think it could be used after the fact to change results after voting has occurred.  

I think Andrea made the right move in getting rid of Zeke.  I don't agree with those who said it was petty or bad strategy.  Zeke had already shown that he was gunning for her, and she would no doubt have been his target sooner rather than later.  She was getting rid of her opposition before he had a chance to do it to her.  Seems logical to me.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, absolutqt said:

Did Sarah make a siren sound as she approached Cirie and Andrea at the watering hole??  Ugh.  

She definitely did as she was rolling up on a few perps putting together a deal at the watering hole... I thought it was funny actually.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

I totally understood Andrea's rationale for targeting Zeke, to a point - that point being when Andrea won individual immunity.

Nashville you know I love ya but we don't really have to speculate in this case because we saw it with our own two eyes: Zeke was planning to vote Andrea out next tribal, and at that point Andrea would be screwed.  We saw him making a deal with Brad and Troy for next tribal.  We heard Sarah laying out the plan of Tai first, Andrea next.  Zeke, Sarah, Troy, Brad, Sierra, probably Michaela too (since she felt close enough to Zeke to cry over losing him and he and Sarah were going to offer her F3!), vs Cirie, Andrea, and Aubry; they don't even need Sarah's vote steal at that point, there's nothing Andrea could do.  She had to move now or never.  I think it was smart of her to do it when she had immunity; it mitigated the danger of "playing too hard".  Immunity is a gift much more precious than merely being safe for a day: you can use it, to think ahead, to take risks.  This has always been my problem with e.g. Joe: thinking "Phew!  Got immunity!  That means I can sit back and not play."  No no, it means now is when you can play the most!

As far as Brad and Troy voting for Tai, I could see two possibilities: Cirie told Sierra to vote Tai so as not to tip anyone off that they might have a connection (like when she told Michaela to play dumb and vote wrong at the merge) and she told Brad/Troy, or since Brad/Troy knew from Zeke that it wasn't either of them, they voted for Tai as a guess and possibly because they feel closer to Sierra and want her to stay longer. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, KimberStormer said:

This has always been my problem with e.g. Joe: thinking "Phew!  Got immunity!  That means I can sit back and not play."  No no, it means now is when you can play the most!

Exactly 

I think for long complicated word puzzles like that they should do one of these:puzzle.JPG.9479bdb5001aa40fef7f74ce31edf824.JPG

It would still take some time, but wouldn't hold them up for so long and would make the physical part meaningful.

I think Cirie is still the best player out there. I have seen people here say that Troyzan has no social game - but could it be they are just not showing it because he is getting along with everyone? He is a UTR player for now - as he should be as his name is not being thrown around. I like his smile and he reminds me of people I actually know. (Other than giving himself a ridiculous nickname.)

• Love 1

Andrea solved that puzzle and credit was given to everyone but her. I heard someone congratulate Zeke and someone congratulated Sarah? I think. Anyone, I ended up watching it twice so that mr survivinmt could watch and it struck me that others were credited for solving the word puzzle. I liked how Aubrey was "writing" in the dirt. And I really like that Cirie knows about Sarah's advantage. Hopefully Cirie can use it to her advantage too. Maybe to take out Andrea without getting any dirt on her own hands?

• Love 4
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

She definitely did as she was rolling up on a few perps putting together a deal at the watering hole...

LOL.  I guess I'm just annoyed that she can't stop being a cop for one, blasted minute.   I guess Cirie calling her "Officer Sarah" doesn't help.  

I don't know why I was so tickled about Andrea winning that Immunity.  I think Michaela was shocked that another person (another woman even!) beat her at something that took speed and agility.

Debbie is an asshole.  I know, not a new revelation but I just needed to state it again.  It can't be said enough.

Edited by absolutqt
because amused and annoyed are not the same thing...
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, piequinn35 said:

Sorry but why did Michaela cry after Zeke was voted out?

I think it was a combination of hunger and exhaustion along with losing who she thought was one of her only friends and allies out there. I get the feeling that Michaela has been holding in so much emotion for so long that it finally came pouring out of her. Even if she knew that Zeke was *Not* her friend (which he definitely was not), she may have still wept just as a release.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Jury stroking?  Michaela?  Wow, do I disagree.

Yea, I don't see it either. This whole time Michaela has been criticized for wearing her heart on her sleeve, for being TOO real. She's not the type to fake how she feels, especially not to the point of tears. Now, her display may buy her some goodwill with Zeke, and possibly the other jury members, but I do not think it was intentional. 

• Love 9

The more I think about that stupid puzzle phrase, the more pissed off I get.

I do a fair amount (ok, a lot) of crosswords and the standard in clue-writing is to only use phrases that are in common usage.  If you're going to have a 30-letter puzzle, it shouldn't be some random phrase some production assistant just came up with.

I also do a lot of acrostics (thank you NYTimes), which helps you develop deductive reasoning based on common language patterns.  Two "g"s in a phrase -- probably one of them will be part of an "-ing" construction, especially if you have a longer word in the phrase. Andrea's team already had the "-ing" laid out, so I knew they were ahead.

But still.  They would have been there forever if Probst hadn't starting giving them clues.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

Where are you guys even getting this stuff?  It's completely made up.  She pushed back gently against the idea of Zeke, since she wanted Zeke for her own game -- shocking I know -- but she dropped it as soon as Andrea and Cirie made it clear they really wanted it.

Fair point.  I think it is more in her confessionals where she seems a bit arrogant and to overestimate greatly how much control she has over the game.  I still think she has the very, wrong idea that being the swing vote is a great thing.  It basically means you have formed no strong bonds or alliances, or you have formed them and then betrayed them.  

1 hour ago, F. M. said:

Me too! No way..

Me three.  If Michaela was actually faking those tears to stroke the jury, she should go into acting as she would be a multiple time Oscar winner...like Debbie.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, MissBluxom said:

Near the end of TC, Jeff praised a few of the remaining players and called them some name that was essentially a compliment. Sorry I don't remember exactly what he said. But when he was finished, Debbie mouthed the word, "Idiots!". She was calling them idiots.

Of course Debbie considers them idiots because they voted her out.

Er, she was calling them idiots for voting out Zeke. Which I agree with. Idiots.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

Each TC, Michaela does something noteworthy. I was wondering why she was crying also. If those were fake tears, she's got a good career as an actress ahead of her.

53 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Me three.  If Michaela was actually faking those tears to stroke the jury, she should go into acting as she would be a multiple time Oscar winner...like Debbie.

Y'all think?  Frankly, that's why I thought it was a put-on. Considering that (at least as far as the broadcast showed) Michaela and Zeke were never really that close, the extremity of her reaction seemed way too over-the-top to be genuine.  To me, anyway.  YMMV

• Love 1
(edited)

People keep talking about how Zeke is a scary player but he actually hasn't proven it IMO.  Sure people like him. Sure people connect with him. Sure people talk to him.  But has he actually been a scary player?  I "get" that Andrea was "scared" of him but this vote she obviously didn't need to be, and next episode could be a whole new ball game.

If I think that Andrea was acting out of anger, emotion, or vengeance it doesn't mean that I think that she's stupid or something (? ).  I don't think Zeke is some huge scary player.  Zeke didn't even scramble this episode.  If he did, with any effectiveness, he would not have been voted out.  It's the same as last season.  Somebody wants to take out Zeke, and does so at the first (?) opportunity.   If it ends up being "best" for Andrea's game, then great.  But I'm just not sure that's what she was thinking.  I guess Sandra and Russell played this way too, and it obviously worked (for Russell, and Sandra this season, only to a point.  I would have loved to see what would have happened if Sandra 'kept' Tony around, instead of getting rid of him when he annoyed her the FIRST time.)

Michaela could have potentially had a lot of love for Zeke without showing it.  Michaela doesn't strike me as somebody who shows a lot of outward love.  At the TC, the stakes were high, it was emotional, and she felt it.  I don't take Michaela as somebody to over-analyze.

Why else do I not think that Michaela was stroking the jury?  Because she has never once done that.  She eats popcorn when people are voted out, she sips "tea", she APPLAUDS, she lays back smugly.  You can see evidence of people hating that here on the thread.  It's not winning everyone over.  (It's winning ME over, but it's probably not going to win over Tribal Council.)  Ergo, Michaela does not give a shit about her jury performances.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

This was a lowkey great episode.  Sort of quiet and relaxing yet great Survivor playing by a lot of people.

Right! I loved this ep. At one point I paused it to say, "Damn, there is some great playing going on this season." And I've come to the realization that I'm actually OK with most of these people winning, which I never would have thought would happen when this season's cast was announced and I hated almost everyone lol.

I'm very happy because Cirie/Andrea/Sarah/Aubry/Michaela is an awesome alliance of women which hasn't been called or discussed as a "women's alliance" and they are, at the moment anyway, on top of the game; and any one of them winning would be fine with me -- Aubry would be my last choice of them but why not.  Can we stop with the "WHY OH WHY CAN'T WOMEN WORK TOGETHER" thing plz?

This! I am living for these women working together and all playing solid Survivor. And I am really glad the men aren't all, "Fucking women working together!" about it either. I mean there's always next week, but I'm hoping it doesn't happen.

6 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Really, I have no idea what's going to happen, and that alone makes this an interesting season.

YES! I love that the game isn't completely predictable. And I love that it's not super obvious who will win. It makes watching more fun for me.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Why else do I not think that Michaela was stroking the jury?  Because she has never once done that.  She eats popcorn when people are voted out, she sips "tea", she APPLAUDS, she lays back smugly.  You can see evidence of people hating that here on the thread.  It's not winning everyone over.  (It's winning ME over, but it's probably not going to win over Tribal Council.)  Ergo, Michaela does not give a shit about her jury performances.

Hmm.  Your reasons why Michaela wasn't acting are, by and large, the same reasons I believe she was.  The tea?  The coconut "popcorn"?  Which one of those do you think wasn't a scripted TC performance?  :)  I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Y'all think?  Frankly, that's why I thought it was a put-on. Considering that (at least as far as the broadcast showed) Michaela and Zeke were never really that close, the extremity of her reaction seemed way too over-the-top to be genuine.  To me, anyway.  YMMV

She didn't sniff and make crying noises, tears were streaming out of her eyes.

If she can fake emotions that well, I would think she could fake not being angry, disgusted, etc, and she hasn't been able to do that 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

Immunity is a gift much more precious than merely being safe for a day: you can use it, to think ahead, to take risks.  This has always been my problem with e.g. Joe: thinking "Phew!  Got immunity!  That means I can sit back and not play."  No no, it means now is when you can play the most!

Oh, by no means was I suggesting Andrea just kick back on the beach and watch the waves come rolling in - personally, I don't think she has it in her to do that while the game's afoot. :)   I would've thought that once Andrea didn't have to worry about the #1 Personal Survival goal, though, she would direct her energies toward a more strategically significant goal.  Brad would have been my preference; nothing against him, but the shock waves from THAT blindside would've rattled the coconuts outta the trees.  :D

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

She didn't sniff and make crying noises, tears were streaming out of her eyes.

If she can fake emotions that well, I would think she could fake not being angry, disgusted, etc, and she hasn't been able to do that 

Way way back in my college days I used to date a girl who could cry on command.  One minute you'd swear her heart was breaking beyond repair, and the next minute the waterworks were switched off and she wanted to go grab pizza.  Disconcerting as hell, that.  

Just saying that tears and emotion don't necessarily go hand-in-hand.  ;)

13 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Oh, by no means was I suggesting Andrea just kick back on the beach and watch the waves come rolling in - personally, I don't think she has it in her to do that while the game's afoot. :)   I would've thought that once Andrea didn't have to worry about the #1 Personal Survival goal, though, she would direct her energies toward a more strategically significant goal.  Brad would have been my preference; nothing against him, but the shock waves from THAT blindside would've rattled the coconuts outta the trees.  :D

Nah, we're at the stage you take out schemers you're not aligned (or are gunning for you, which is not always the same) with.  Brad talks like a schemer but isn't very good at it.  We're kind of short on them this year outside of the three women currently running this thing, to be honest.

I can't begin to understand Michaela - but the last several tribals it's like she's been auditioning for the part of 'sassy teenager' in some up-beat sitcom. Or maybe people are just walking gifs these days, they've been so saturated. So the tears were very odd. I thought she was sad Zeke was going, until I saw she'd voted for him.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, violet and green said:

I can't begin to understand Michaela - but the last several tribals it's like she's been auditioning for the part of 'sassy teenager' in some up-beat sitcom. Or maybe people are just walking gifs these days, they've been so saturated. So the tears were very odd. I thought she was sad Zeke was going, until I saw she'd voted for him.

She was sad that Zeke was going. The fact that she had to vote him out for the sake of her own game made her sadder 

• Love 7
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Hmm.  Your reasons why Michaela wasn't acting are, by and large, the same reasons I believe she was.  The tea?  The coconut "popcorn"?  Which one of those do you think wasn't a scripted TC performance?  :)  I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I get what you mean - yes, they were acting 'performances'.  But they all displayed the exact same thing.  How she really feels about the person who was voted out.  For the first several boots, they were all great for Michaela, they made her happy.  For the Zeke one, it made her sad and I do not think she was 'performing'.  She had to drop the IDGAF facade.

(I don't mind this convo at all!  I think it's interesting.)

14 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Just saying that tears and emotion don't necessarily go hand-in-hand.  ;)

Yes of course.  But a lot of us think we can tell the difference.  With a bad manipulator , you can usually tell.  With a good manipulator, I usually have to wait until I'm manipulated for my eyes to open.  In no way do I think Michaela is a manipulator. 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
Just now, Bryce Lynch said:

She was sad that Zeke was going. The fact that she had to vote him out for the sake of her own game made her sadder 

Yes, I get that she was sad that Zeke was going - I just thought she was sad because the others had voted out someone who had tried to pull her into his alliance, from her position of utter outsider, and she was deeply sorry to see him go - rather than feeling sad and guilty about her betrayal of said person.

But the rest of the tribal demonstrations. Bizarre.

4 minutes ago, violet and green said:

Yes, I get that she was sad that Zeke was going - I just thought she was sad because the others had voted out someone who had tried to pull her into his alliance, from her position of utter outsider, and she was deeply sorry to see him go - rather than feeling sad and guilty about her betrayal of said person.

But the rest of the tribal demonstrations. Bizarre.

I loved her tea sipping and popcorn eating.  Besides entertaining us, I think she was also trying to demonstrate to current and future members of the jury that she was in on the blindsides.  She has been largely marginalized all season, so I think it is important to show that she has been in on the moves and not just carried along on other players' coattails.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, enlightenedbum said:

Nah, we're at the stage you take out schemers you're not aligned (or are gunning for you, which is not always the same) with.  Brad talks like a schemer but isn't very good at it.  We're kind of short on them this year outside of the three women currently running this thing, to be honest.

I know; when I was typing that post, that's why I kinda came up with Brad - by default. :)   

I mean - I was trying to look at it from Andrea's point of view.  Who would Andrea consider a strategic threat on the other side?  Options are limited:

• Scratch Tai right off the bat; strategically speaking, he's a sloth.
  • Same with Troyzan; he's no strategic threat, unless you're up against him for the lead role in a toothpaste ad.
  • Sierra would have probably been Andrea's first pick - right up until Andrea saw Sierra's reaction to the previous TC's blindside, that is.  I expect all that groveling might've dampened Andrea's appreciation of Sierra's strategic acumen.  Given her previous posturing, I expect Sierra's Kleenex-ish collapse probably confused the hell out of Andrea as to exactly who was running things on the other side.
  • Which leaves - Brad...?

Hmm.  

Next to THAT list, Zeke is looking a better opposition strategic threat by the second.

• Love 7

Brad and Troyzan are viewed as goats.  They pose no threat and are totally out of the loop in strategy talks because they are not included and offer nothing!  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, absolutqt said:

LOL.  I guess I'm just annoyed that she can't stop being a cop for one, blasted minute.   I guess Cirie calling her "Officer Sarah" doesn't help.  

I am guessing that is precisely why she did that because Cirie has been calling her that at camp.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm only partway through the episode & I don't want to be spoiled, so please pardon me for not reading the comments yet----

I was soo impressed with Michaela's performance in the reward challenge! She edged out Culpepper head-to-head!!! You. Go. Girl! (So much for millenials being lazy, huh?--- said this Gen-Xer.)

What was up with Zeke getting all the props for the word challenge?!? Excuse me?!? Clearly Andrea came up with "re-inventing" & thus won the challenge for the blue team. I'm a little mad with her that she didn't speak up for herself.  

I know they're all really hungry, but table manners, people! Looked like nobody washed their nasty hands & all the chewing & talking with their mouths open---- bleeech!!!

Officer Sarah should not have revealed her extra vote advantage until the time came to play it. Now the others have time to strategize against her advantage. Big mistake. Huge.

Omg. I cannot believe Tai hasn't played one of his immunity idols yet. The man has nerves of steel.

Off to read the comments now----

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 4

Now, Sarah has been getting the big edit. I guess she could be in the finals. I'm still curious if it's a Final 2 or 3. Somehow, I think Troyzan & Tai make it to the Final 4 due to their idols. My Final 4 are Sarah, Troyzan, Tai & Cirie. There are 9 left and about 3 episodes left. I wonder if there is a double vote off? Otherwise, they would have so many left on a Finale Night.

Good boot this week.  Love Zeke but he was playing erratically, trying to make the big moves when it (a) wasn't time for that yet and (b) getting to the point where no one trusted him.

Tai ... hopefully, this week's vote was a wake-up call for him and he'll play his idols in the next couple of episodes.  Strange that his alliance voted for him.  If he's aware of that, he might be willing to talk to/work with the other alliance.

Did anyone else notice all of Sierra's bling at Tribal Council?  Wonder if she thought she was going home and didn't want to leave it behind at camp.  

BTW,  what happens to the stuff that people leave behind when they're voted off?  Does someone from production go and get it?  Or do the remaining players divvy it up?

1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I get what you mean - yes, they were acting 'performances'.  But they all displayed the exact same thing.  How she really feels about the person who was voted out.  For the first several boots, they were all great for Michaela, they made her happy.  For the Zeke one, it made her sad and I do not think she was 'performing'.  She had to drop the IDGAF facade.

(I don't mind this convo at all!  I think it's interesting.)

Yes of course.  But a lot of us think we can tell the difference.  With a bad manipulator , you can usually tell.  With a good manipulator, I usually have to wait until I'm manipulated for my eyes to open.  In no way do I think Michaela is a manipulator. 

I think a lot of women (including myself) have squeezed out a tear or two for reasons, and maybe that is why we feel we can judge tears to some extent.  My opinion is that tears copiously running down cheeks without sobbing is a sign of strong emotion. I've seen this from happiness accompanied by an attempt at a smile.  I have done it not when especially sad, but at times of strong emotion.  I can't say what Michaela's emotions were, but I don't believe  the tears were fake.  My guess is she felt bad for Zeke and her part in it.

Also as an add on, I think Cire saying Officer Sarah is brilliant.  She has detected that Sarah needs to feel respected and honored, and she does it in this gentle subtle way even when Sarah isn't present. And sorry -- not sure if it's Sarah or Sara.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

Brad and Troyzan are viewed as goats.  They pose no threat and are totally out of the loop in strategy talks because they are not included and offer nothing!  

Disagree strongly about Brad. We've had confessionals from Aubry, of all people, saying how much she likes Brad. Zeke liked Brad. Sierra likes Brad. Tai and Troyzan like Brad.

We've gotten very few confessionals of anyone saying they want to get Brad out. Sierra, yes. Tai, yes. Brad, no.

And we've gotten a number of random confessionals not about how Brad has become more awesome (which would be a surefire Spencer/David "you're not winning, but look how awesome Survivor made you"), but how what he's learned from Monica has made him more awesome. Heck, the show made #WWMD into a hashtag.

If I learned anything from watching the last two male winners of Survivor, it's when the show starts taking you on a personal journey where there appears to be no reason for it ... there's a reason for it. I could be very wrong, and I'll be happy if I am. But I'm convinced the new male winner's edit (which we saw with both Jeremy and Adam) is Such A Good Story. And Brad is the only one that fits that.

(The only recent woman winner's edit was They Underestimate Me. If I start seeing a woman with that edit, maybe I'll start to get hopeful.)

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Eolivet said:

Disagree strongly about Brad. We've had confessionals from Aubry, of all people, saying how much she likes Brad. Zeke liked Brad. Sierra likes Brad. Tai and Troyzan like Brad.

Yes, Aubrey does because she aligned with him and Zeke has been, off and on.  I don't think the others share their perspective.   When the 6 were strong things were different, he was calling the shots.   It is different now, Brad appears to be out of the loop.  And I will say this going on the edit we see.  He seems to be very much on the periphery. 

• Love 1