Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Contingency

Just now, janeta said:

Nahhh, i still think jake's a baddie

Me too! But it's impossible to trust anyone in the show. I was sitting here wondering if Sara's best friend is in on it somehow. 

Oh, Michael. I knew it would be heartbreaking to get some backstory. That was rough. I can understand why he made the choices he made, after everything with the Company, but at the same time, does the end justify the means? How many despicable people has he liberated from prison over the years? He had 3 years before Ogygia, so hopefully not too many. Surely each break required time for careful planning and execution. 

I really hope they get the hell out of Yemen next week. I've watched every episode of this show more than once and I can't take much more of the shenanigans. This is especially getting boring because all the scenery looks identical. Bad dudes in trucks with guns? Check. Empty buildings turned to rubble? Check. Horrible lighting? Check. Random little fires every-fucking-where? Check. Yawn. 

• Love 4

Wentworth got me again. He played Michael's panic, despair, and overall world weariness perfectly. The brother scenes were the standouts for me. They are the heart of the show and make me smile (A pipe and a wrench...it'll be fun).

I'm willing to go along with Michael's explanation for faking his death. I did just rewatch the last episode, and I don't think there was that much time between Sara killing Michael's mom and then getting arrested for it. I like that they got a little downtime to play house though before Michael's "death."

Not Sid! I was just starting to remember the newbies' names too. Whip is still the one I care about the least. He's too eager for Michael's attention. I don't even think Michael likes him as a person. Michael does use people, but there's no genuine affection for Whip like there was for Sucre and others in season one.

For the love of God, why didn't they kill the dude with the broken glasses? He's not fun to hate like Mahone was. He really just pissed me off the entire episode. He's like a cartoon.

Jacob's still a douche. Sara's best friend is super shady too.

It made sense for C Note and Sheba to get the kids to safety. Now Sucre has to save the day with his cargo ship. Hopefully that happens soon. I'm glad there will be sunlight in the next episode. Hard to tell what's happening in the dark. I may have "We are the Champions" stuck in my head for the rest of the week.

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, AmeliaBedelia said:

Not Sid! I was just starting to remember the newbies' names too. Whip is still the one I care about the least.

THIS! No! Take the other dude!

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, AmeliaBedelia said:

Wentworth got me again. He played Michael's panic, despair, and overall world weariness perfectly. The brother scenes were the standouts for me. They are the heart of the show and make me smile (A pipe and a wrench...it'll be fun).

THIS. Their chemistry and the wonderful way both Purcell and Miller prove and show, over and over again, how much their relationship is the HEART of the show, keeps me watching, despite the other shit I don't give any fucks about. I wish they'd gone and just stuck with 'It's Prison Break!' by having the guards of the prison after them instead of ISIL and all that. Just so not interesting, bringing in the fanatic religious aspect of it.?

And Purcell needs to drop that deep, deep, gruff, growly voice. He sounds like the serious version of Mick, instead of Linc!!!??

And please, please, please, Sara! Remember how you, Michael, Sucre, and Linc got fucked OVER  and OVER again and again by EVERYBODY and people you thought were friends and Felt, and do not, do NOT believe that sad sack of the lamest bullshit of a story Jacob laid on you! If he is Poseidon, or maybe his number one henchman/assassin, like he wouldn't have called ahead to that hacker dude and told him to tell Sara what he, Jacob told Sara as an "explanation" for why he was talking to the hired killers who tried to "kill" him, and would have killed Sara and Michael Junior.

Jacob (my parapharasing): Yes, honey! It makes PERFECT SENSE that I would get someone to hack your hacked phone to find out who the assassins who almost killed me were; then contact them and talk with them in PUBLIC, where anyone and everyone could see us, and ask them why they wanted to kill us! And pay them off to NOT finish the job! And see? See this tracker I put in the money? Oh look! The cops found them! It all makes sense! You believe me, don't you????

I'm hoping Sara didn't fall for that shit. Like he didn't call those incompetent boobs after Sara tore away, and told them to 'get themselves arrested' and then call a cop in his pocket to be the good cop to prove to Sara they found them after Jacob reported them to the cops. Or that someone as psychotic, smart and deadly as Poseidon, didn't see that inept T-Bag following? And allowed himself to be photographed???

And how the fuck did Jacob know it was Sara calling him, when she was calling from a PAY PHONE????

And that "best friend" is super shady and getting the ???? from me. That she questions what Sara saw and makes excuses for Jacob Poseidon? And she just Happens to know this person who, and I zoned out, because my ????so hard.

Fuckster or Whinster can just STFU with his demanding to know everything about Michael. As if he and Michael are lovers or something, and being pissed that Michael has a brother. That whole, "so you have a brother, now?" Yeah, so the fuck what? How is that any of your fucking business? And how does that affect your work relationship with Michael????

I knew Ja was faking being drunk. Though at first I was yelling at him to turn down the volume on his fucking phone! Did he want to give away where they were?!??

My heart broke when Michael told Linc how he was still alive, and it makes sense--that is, the sudden arrest and imprisonment of Sara based on just that sliver of a video of her shooting Christine. But...But...BUT. He was still having nosebleeds!!! I'm so sure that medical "report" Linc and Sara got about the brain TUMAH was a fake, but those nosebleeds weren't! I'm sorry to be such an anal-retentive ass about this, but I can't help it!??

This show never had the Moustache Twirling Villain before, and that's EXACTLY what this Cyclops (one-eyed dude) is, and he can just die now. Well, okay, toward the end, General Jonathan "Pad Man" Krantz turned into 'stache twirling villain, to the point where I got sick and tired of him. But COME ON, SHOW! 

But I'll forgive all the bullshit because I always get my Michael and Linc moments. I   ❤️?❤️?❤️?❤️?❤️them SO SO SO MUCH!!!!!!

And now I'm going back to Season One, because I needs to get rid of the GARBAGE that was the "movie" that had Sara thrown in jail/prison.??

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

So, did Sarah not think it was odd that a woman was placed in a police lineup full of men?

Fakest Line-up Ever.

Was it just me, or did the camera seem to force us to notice the handshake between Sarah and the "officer/detective" who showed her the line-up? Was there something I was suppose to notice?

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm glad there are only 4 episodes left. I knew this season wasn't going to live up to S1 and S2, but I'm disappointed with this revival.  Each week I hope it gets better, but it doesn't. There's not enough screen time with the original group. T-bag wasn't on tonight, obviously no Kellerman and where the hell is Sucre?!?! 

1 hour ago, Squirrely said:

I really hope they get the hell out of Yemen next week. I've watched every episode of this show more than once and I can't take much more of the shenanigans. This is especially getting boring because all the scenery looks identical. Bad dudes in trucks with guns? Check. Empty buildings turned to rubble? Check. Horrible lighting? Check. Random little fires every-fucking-where? Check. 

This! I totally agree!! 

I think Sara's friend and her husband are both in on it. Jacob's excuse was that he wanted to confront the professional hitmen that tried to kill him?! That lame ass lie should make Sara doubt him even more! 

Sorry to see Sid die, especially because I just learned his name tonight, but at least we don't have to deal with the glasses guy anymore. 

Edited by juliet73
  • Love 2

Why is the glasses guy not dead yet? (I mean, I know why, but still...) Boys, you had a pipe and a wrench. Please next time somebody finish the job.

The moment they showed that Sara had run from her shady husband directly to that "best friend" with whom she's been oversharing about Michael, I figured that woman was shady too. It's all too convenient.

Loved the Michael/Lincoln moments, and Whip's facial expressions are growing on me, if not Whip himself.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And how the fuck did Jacob know it was Sara calling him, when she was calling from a PAY PHONE????

Y'all remember the last time Sara was near a pay phone?? I seriously thought someone was about to get dead!

• Love 5
8 hours ago, RogerDodger said:

So, did Sarah not think it was odd that a woman was placed in a police lineup full of men?

THIS! Has the woman never watched an episode of Law & Order???? You always put same-gender, similar height, weight, coloring, etc. in a lineup. Sara needs to spend a Sunday afternoon with an SVU marathon and get some education.

Asking those who watched the original series: was that clip of Michael answering the phone/Sara at the grill from that series, or did they create the "memory" for this series? I'm guessing it's the former, because Wentworth looked so young (not that he doesn't anyway even now, but he seemed like-a-baby-young there).

Also, I do not trust the best friend, either. I'm pretty sure I don't trust anyone on this show, come to think about it. Except maybe Lincoln. 

18 minutes ago, kirinan said:

THIS! Has the woman never watched an episode of Law & Order???? You always put same-gender, similar height, weight, coloring, etc. in a lineup. Sara needs to spend a Sunday afternoon with an SVU marathon and get some education.

Nah. More like a marathon from original recipe Law & Order; that one had the line-ups!?

21 minutes ago, kirinan said:

Asking those who watched the original series: was that clip of Michael answering the phone/Sara at the grill from that series, or did they create the "memory" for this series? I'm guessing it's the former, because Wentworth looked so young (not that he doesn't anyway even now, but he seemed like-a-baby-young there).

Also, I do not trust the best friend, either. I'm pretty sure I don't trust anyone on this show, come to think about it. Except maybe Lincoln. 

Since that scene wasn't in that Garbage of a "movie" which was a flashback to "explain" the ending of the series finale, I'm betting they filmed that once they got the green light for the revival, and just used filters or something to make Michael look younger even though he doesn't look that much older.

And the only trustworthy people on this show are Sucre, C-Note, Linc.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Since that scene wasn't in that Garbage of a "movie" which was a flashback to "explain" the ending of the series finale, I'm betting they filmed that once they got the green light for the revival, and just used filters or something to make Michael look younger even though he doesn't look that much older.

And the only trustworthy people on this show are Sucre, C-Note, Linc.

It made me realize that I like Wentworth WAY more with his salt-and-pepper hair. Probably because I'm old, and young Michael looks SO young that it makes me feel creepy. Plus graying Wentworth is the first one I ever saw, as Captain Cold.

And I forgot about C-Note, thanks. I don't know anything about Sucre yet, but I know everyone here loves him, so that's good enough for me.

25 minutes ago, kirinan said:

It made me realize that I like Wentworth WAY more with his salt-and-pepper hair. Probably because I'm old, and young Michael looks SO young that it makes me feel creepy. Plus graying Wentworth is the first one I ever saw, as Captain Cold.

And I forgot about C-Note, thanks. I don't know anything about Sucre yet, but I know everyone here loves him, so that's good enough for me.

I like, nay, LOVE Wentworth in any and all ways! The only difference I can see is that he's...filled out some in the last decade!?

Sucre was Michael's cell mate in the original, but they became really good friends and Sucre ALWAYS had Michael's and Linc's backs. Even when he went his own way later, he always came back. It's why it makes no sense why the show wouldn't have him and C-Note team up with Linc to go save Michael.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I know this is a limited run series, but couldn't the writers come up with two lineups (one male, one female) allowing Sarah to pick out the bad guys from them both?

Heh. I think the idea was to make sure that we understood that all of Jacob's rationales were bogus, while leaving some doubt about whether Sara bought into them -- to me, her look as she embraces Jacob indicates that she's not deceived. But limited run series or not, it would have been fun to see the 6'0" Slavic shooter lined up with four good matrons of Ithaca, hand-selected by Jacob on the basis of absurdity.

• Love 2

OK, so... this isn't a spoiler, because it was in the previews for next week, but... the baddies aren't in jail in next week's episode.  CLEARLY Jake is in on it, and got the police department in on it, and I think Sara's best friend I-never-caught-her-name is in on it too.  Oh, and the tech guy at the college is in on it.  Everyone.  Everyone is in on it.  Sara is being played up, down, left, right, and center.  I feel bad for her; she was never this stupid in the original series, was she?

Michael and Lincoln arguing was a bit weird, if I'm honest.  Why didn't Linc just say that C-Note and Sheba were waiting there with a plane?  I feel like Michael didn't even know about C-Note's help until he called on the phone?  (Or did he see him with Linc in the first episode at the prison?  I forget, maybe he did...)  Anyway, I kept yelling at them to get their shit together and make a decision.

I also want Michael to contact Sara ASAP.  What is he waiting for?

• Love 1

Reassuring that ISIS perimeters are equally ineffective as those of CTU

Ha!!!!!!!!!! In our household, we are ALWAYS referencing the CTU perimeters, as well as the CTU medical care (basically, you're dead if you get care at CTU).

Too little TeaBag in this episode for my taste. I know Sarah hates him, but at this point, he may be the ONLY person she can trust.

Seeing the Korean guy drink the rubbing alcohol was horrifying! Now that is hitting rock bottom.

• Love 3
Just now, Biggie B said:

Seeing the Korean guy drink the rubbing alcohol was horrifying! Now that is hitting rock bottom.

Hasn't he been in prison long enough that he should have detoxed?  I get that he's a junkie, but at some point, he shouldn't have all those urges?  Is he still going through withdrawal because he was only in Ogygia for a short time?  I don't get it.

It did, however, finally dawn on me that he could have funded T-Bag's hand.  The Korean guy is super rich, right?

• Love 2
13 hours ago, RogerDodger said:

I thought that too, but noticed that there was a dark haired woman in the lineup (like that makes it better somehow).

Had nightmares last night about being chased through the streets, but I'm not going to stop watching!

Jacob (my parapharasing): Yes, honey! It makes PERFECT SENSE that I would get someone to hack your hacked phone to find out who the assassins who almost killed me were; then contact them and talk with them in PUBLIC, where anyone and everyone could see us, and ask them why they wanted to kill us! And pay them off to NOT finish the job! And see? See this tracker I put in the money? Oh look! The cops found them! It all makes sense! You believe me, don't you????

THIS. Seriously.  WTF? That's still way to shady, and surely after everything she's been through she wouldn't be stupid enough to fall for this... Oh wait, it's Sarah.

(edited)
2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Michael and Lincoln arguing was a bit weird, if I'm honest.  Why didn't Linc just say that C-Note and Sheba were waiting there with a plane?  I feel like Michael didn't even know about C-Note's help until he called on the phone?  (Or did he see him with Linc in the first episode at the prison?  I forget, maybe he did...)  Anyway, I kept yelling at them to get their shit together and make a decision.

I don't think Linc had any way of knowing there was a plane. C-Note and Sheba wouldn't have made it anywhere had they not followed the pilot and I think that phone call was the first they'd communicated. Btw, was anyone else yelling at C-Note to take off the bright white cap (I don't know the proper term if that is a religious garment)?! He may as well have put a strobe light on his head to garner attention the dark!

Michael is so used to being the brains and taking care of everyone that I wasn't surprised to see him not want to listen, though it was maddening for those of us watching! And why the hell didn't they walk down the tracks a short distance to hop a train that was taking off? Why walk through the front door?! C-Note must have told coached them on how to stealthily avoid notice. ;)

Edited by Squirrely
typos
  • Love 1

Is this Queen obsession going to have a important part at some point or is it just (very weak) attempt of characterization? I was cringing every time Rick Yune's character, whatever his name is, mentioned Mercury's ashes. I've never had a problem with the actor before, but I don't like him at all in this.

Yeah, Sara's best friend is definitely a part of the conspiracy.

2 hours ago, RedMal said:

Is this Queen obsession going to have a important part at some point or is it just (very weak) attempt of characterization?

I feel like it's just a constant reminder that he's an eccentric rich guy?  I don't know.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

That was all kinds of stupid.  I know this is a limited run series, but couldn't the writers come up with two lineups (one male, one female) allowing Sarah to pick out the bad guys from them both?

Never mind that this line up is ostensibly to identify the home intruder/shooter. Only the woman entered Sara and Jacob's home. I think the only time she would have seen the man before is at the hospital and when the two of them were chasing her (though probably not such a good look at him then).

Do these people (assassins) have names? Because in my head I just refer to them as "Gretchen" and "the guy".

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, secnarf said:

Do these people (assassins) have names? Because in my head I just refer to them as "Gretchen" and "the guy".

2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I think they're called A&W and Van Gogh in press releases. I don't find them interesting enough to try and find out why.

I just refer to them as incompetent boob one and incompetent boob two.

• Love 4

I'm glad to see that some things remain unchanged...

Michael: Spends years formulating an elaborate and complex plan.

Linc: Shows up and headbutts as many people as necessary. 

Bless them both <3

• Love 15

You're a fucking liar, T-Bag!  You totally enjoyed letting Sara know that her hubbie was in on it!

Yeah, all this episode did was make Jacob even more suspicious.  He had Sara's phone hacked, so he could hunt the assassins himself?  And they didn't just take him to an ally and kill him right then and there?  And they get "arrested", and both end up in the same line-up?!  And woman in the only one there, amongst a bunch of men?!!!  Yeah, that's a whole lot of bullshit going on right there.  Although, it makes me think Jacob isn't Poseidon, but a lacky, because I would like to think the real Poseidon would be way smarter then that.  I do think/hope that Sara hasn't completely bought it, but she didn't seem completely convinced during their hug.

Oh, Michael.  You can really be too stubborn for your own good.  Granted, Linc's plan to go to the airport would have had its own conflicts, but it was so obvious that Michael's train getaway went to the dogs, but he kept sticking with it.  He can be his own worst enemy, sometimes.  Good thing Linc was around to just smash a box over a terrorist's head, when things go south.  Never change, Lincoln Burrows!  Never change!

Looks like C-Note and Sheba got out of there at least (along with Faran Tahir!)  I'm guessing they'll come back into play somehow.  Especially since I still think Sheba and Linc are happening.

Fare thee well, Sid.  And I only just learned your name!  Really, I'm still not sure I know any of the new guy's actual names, since Whip was a nickname Michael gave him, and Rick Yune is still just Druggie Rick Yune to me.  Still wondering if his love for Queen is just a gag, or it's going to come into play in the most bizarre way possible (Michael uses Freddie Mercury's ashes to fake his and Linc's deaths!)

Obligatory "When is Sucre coming back?!!" 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Obligatory "When is Sucre coming back?!!" 

He will try to help, unfortunately, he tells his freighter captain that Linc is in Semen...

I think this might have been around the time Purcell had his (very serious) on set accident. They might have had to shoot with a stand in and then film him separately afterwards. Not sure how much time they had in post-production to do that, so I'm handwaving it. They might have had to take Linc out of the season altogether, otherwise.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Goodness, those scenes with Linc in front of the green screen were awful and distracting. 

Hmm I'm just not seeing it... can you tell me where there were green screens?

38 minutes ago, MV713 said:

I didn't notice it in this episode either.  

In the last episode, when Linc is running in to the prison, you can see the special effects then.  It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either.  At least it didn't last long.

2 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

I think this might have been around the time Purcell had his (very serious) on set accident. They might have had to shoot with a stand in and then film him separately afterwards. Not sure how much time they had in post-production to do that, so I'm handwaving it. They might have had to take Linc out of the season altogether, otherwise.

2 hours ago, MV713 said:

I do remember reading about his accident and that they were going to film his additional scenes in front of a green screen. There were a few times you could see it wasn't him but the stand in. There was one obvious part in the beginning of the episode when they were running through the streets and crouch by a car. You can see it's a stand in and not Purcell, especially when the stand in turns his head. Then they show Purcell and you can tell he's in front of a green screen.

2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I didn't notice it in this episode either.  

In the last episode, when Linc is running in to the prison, you can see the special effects then.  It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either.  At least it didn't last long.

For some reason I didn't notice it last week but I did this week :) I'm just glad he recovered from his accident and was able to finish the season

• Love 1

This is episode 5 in a 9-episode-long season. I just feel like they're dragging their feet most of the time.

Ja is both insane and extremely useful. Poor Sid, I feared for him since the first episode.

Did anyone pay attention to the people at the barbecue in the flashback? Was there someone recognizable? Who was the woman Sara was talking to supposed to be? Also, I didn't get Sara's comment about having to tell Michael. I'm pretty sure she had told him about the pregnancy by this point.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, bijoux said:

This is episode 5 in a 9-episode-long season. I just feel like they're dragging their feet most of the time.

Ja is both insane and extremely useful. Poor Sid, I feared for him since the first episode.

Did anyone pay attention to the people at the barbecue in the flashback? Was there someone recognizable? Who was the woman Sara was talking to supposed to be? Also, I didn't get Sara's comment about having to tell Michael. I'm pretty sure she had told him about the pregnancy by this point.

That "woman" was Sofia, Linc's "girlfriend."?

• Love 1

Okay, thanks. Didn't really look like her to me, but there's no reason to bring back the original actress if that's all they are using the character for.

On 5/2/2017 at 9:19 PM, Squirrely said:

I really hope they get the hell out of Yemen next week. I've watched every episode of this show more than once and I can't take much more of the shenanigans. This is especially getting boring because all the scenery looks identical. Bad dudes in trucks with guns? Check. Empty buildings turned to rubble? Check. Horrible lighting? Check. Random little fires every-fucking-where? Check. Yawn. 

My sentiments exactly!

Y'all! That running toward/across the train was nearly identical to season two's premiere of "Manhunt!"

Why no, I'm totally NOT* re-re-rewatching the original!????

Based on the previews,

and what Michaels had on his head, they're still in Yemen

, BUT,

Sucre is BACK! Episode 7 -he'll be instrumental in saving the brothers!?

*LIAR! LIAR! My pants are on fire!???????

• Love 1
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:05 PM, bijoux said:

I don't think that was supposed to be Sofia (never cared for her)or Linc at the barbecue, just randoms.  I assume Michael and Sara had friends before all the prison break crap went down.

I think she wanted to tell Michael she was showing, not that she was pregnant. 

Yes poor Sid.  I can't re-watch him getting killed, just like I can't watch the scene of Tweener getting killed.

Edited by dirtydi
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, dirtydi said:

I don't think that was supposed to be Sofia (never cared for her)or Linc at the barbecue, just randoms.  I assume Michael and Sara had friends before all the prison break crap went down.

I think she wanted to tell Michael she was showing, not that she was pregnant. 

I don't know. I guess I'll just have to rewatch!

As for her showing? I don't think so. Her belly was flat as a pancake with nary a hint of a bump when she was arrested and thrown in prison. I just finished watching that garbage of a "movie" just last week.

Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't know. I guess I'll just have to rewatch!

As for her showing? I don't think so. Her belly was flat as a pancake with nary a hint of a bump when she was arrested and thrown in prison. I just finished watching that garbage of a "movie" just last week.

Yeah, I think that random lady didn't know what she was talking about.  No way she was showing.

Plus, it's still a weird line because it's not like Michael was away. He was right there and Michael. He'd have noticed before Sara did that she was starting to show.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dirtydi said:

Yes poor Sid.  I can't re-watch him getting killed, just like I can't watch the scene of Tweener getting killed.

I'm doing a rewatch, and dude, that scene was hard to take. I had forgotten the depths of Mahone madness.

• Love 1

I thought Sara was clearly still suspicious of Jacob (as anyone would be, his story doesn't make much sense) but playing along.

I didn't mind the retcon of the end of S4 so much either. It always seemed rather handwave-y that Kellerman could just get them all exonerated en-masse. I did like Linc making Michael give him some answers for once and I also enjoyed Linc trying to get Michael to fight.

• Love 4