Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/17/17

buffynut
  • Start Topic

Monday April 17, 2017:  Hot topics; businesswoman Lori Greiner.

Tuesday April 18, 2017:  Author Charlamagne Tha God.

Wednesday April 19, 2017:  Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.); author Julian Lennon.

Thursday April 20, 2017: Actress Anne Hathaway; political analyst Matthew Dowd.

Friday April 21, 2017:  Actress Cynthia Nixon.

from http://tvschedule.zap2it.com

Just say CBS Sunday Morning profiling Senator Warren, so don't have to tune in for her book peddling.  Matthew Dowd is always a delight.  I love when an articulate, smart, even-handed political pundit shows up and teaches these idiots a few things.  I have to watch Cynthia Nixon for info about the new production of The Little Foxes.  I'll be DVRing two episodes this week, that's pretty good!

Why is Jedi always looking down when she's talking? Is she reading a script or something?

Too bad they didn't have another minute or two in the first segment so Whoopi could get Jedi to finally clarify exactly how "diplomacy" has failed? And how randomly throwing bombs at countries (and mostly for show, considering Syria suffered barely any damage whatsoever) solves anything. I wish someone had questioned the motives behind these decisions instead of just discussing how idiotic it all is.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Too bad they didn't have another minute or two in the first segment so Whoopi could get Jedi to finally clarify exactly how "diplomacy" has failed? And how randomly throwing bombs at countries (and mostly for show, considering Syria suffered barely any damage whatsoever) doesn't solve anything. I wish someone had questioned the motives behind these decisions instead of just discussing how idiotic it all is.

I've read a lot of books about politics and a widely concluded theory is the right wing like their President to be  a strict punishing parent and the left wing like a nurturing considerate parent.  So Trump bombing countries (indiscriminately IMO) is right up their alley and Obama using diplomacy to try to achieve peace was looked at as weak.

• Love 10
49 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Why is Jedi always looking down when she's talking? Is she reading a script or something?

I think it's the weight of the false eyelashes she wears.  It makes it hard to keep her eyes open.  

If she'd dial the lipstick up a notch or two she could pass for a drag queen.

2DCDF65500000578-3293400-image-m-65_1446053481575.jpg

aa77160fc22e38eaea50bcba2379b8ae.jpg

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
can someone explain to me how to shrink pictures on here? thanks
  • Love 9

Anybody pick up on any tension between Joy & Whoopi? (thinking of that blind item posted on another thread). I think I heard Joy trying to get Whoopi on track with the Janet Jackson topic about having a baby to save a marriage/relationship, but what else is new? Whoopi doesn't seem to remember much if anything from the pre-show discussions.

• Love 4

I am not enjoying this show much anymore that that is largely due to Sunny and her Catholic speak every damn episode.  It exhausts me.  No one is being disrespectful if they ignore what you think Easter is about.  Not everyone does.  The straw for me was her reporting that her husband came home with a pineapple upside down cake from a female co worker and she threw it away!  That is my FAVORITE cake!  That did it for me.  You do not throw pineapple upside down cake away under any circumstances.  :^) 

I love Joy and Sarah.  I don't mind Whoopie as much as many of you.  Sure, she can be annoying but does not come close to Jed and Sunny for me.  

Lori (Shark Tank) was very shrill today!  She seemed nervous which is odd since she sells products on QVC.   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

Do all of the members of the audience get the thing they're pimping?  They always say "Member of our audience will be getting ..." Not "All the members of the audience."  I always cynically edit that to say, "Two people in the audience will be getting it."

• Love 2

I might watch today's Tepid Topics. I will gladly erase the show after that since I have no interest in seeing Lori Greiner. She's part of what ruined Shark Tank for me.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I might watch today's Tepid Topics. I will gladly erase the show after that since I have no interest in seeing Lori Greiner. She's part of what ruined Shark Tank for me.

She just does the Monday segment about the cheap shit you can buy online.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Do all of the members of the audience get the thing they're pimping?  They always say "Member of our audience will be getting ..." Not "All the members of the audience."  I always cynically edit that to say, "Two people in the audience will be getting it."

Well, you don't really think ABC can afford to give EVERY member of the audience a sponge do you?

• Love 9

I know it's petty in light of some of the things that go on with this show, but Whoopi traipsing out on the stage to grab food or some shopping item is one of the things I dislike most about this program.  She obviously thinks she is being cute but she is not.  It's so ... self-important, somehow.  Like she thinks anything she does is just so *adorable* because it's her doing it.  blech.

Are those little magnet things safe?  They remind me of those colorful toy doo-hickeys that had super powerful magnets in them and kids were eating the magnets which then adhered together in their stomachs and intestines and caused terrible damage.  

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I know it's petty in light of some of the things that go on with this show, but Whoopi traipsing out on the stage to grab food or some shopping item is one of the things I dislike most about this program.  She obviously thinks she is being cute but she is not.  It's so ... self-important, somehow.  Like she thinks anything she does is just so *adorable* because it's her doing it.  blech.

It's so irritating and i just want her to know that IT'S NOT CUTE!!" But i bet producers and cohosts encourage her to do this. Blegh!

• Love 12
6 hours ago, wings707 said:

Lori (Shark Tank) was very shrill today!  She seemed nervous which is odd since she sells products on QVC.   

How I wish she could have been a regular guest and just talked with the cohosts.  Selling the stuff from  Shark Tank

was boring and repetitive.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Fannysue said:

How I wish she could have been a regular guest and just talked with the cohosts.  Selling the stuff from  Shark Tank

was boring and repetitive.

Boring, except for the part when she misspoke and said scrub daddy was "hard on" (momentary silence when she realized what she said) then finished with "one side." Maybe that threw her off her game. Lol.

• Love 2

I agree that this false eyelash business needs to be controlled. Every time these women look down - especially you, Sunny - they look like they've got little spiders on their faces! Jed? She needs to take ALL her make-up down a couple of notches!

I really, really despise this constant selling stuff. What am I watching? ABC or QVC!! Don't we get enough bloody commercials without turning the show into one giant one? And those sponges? Overpriced much? I don't see what the big deal was. My dollar store sells those one side soft, one side scratchy sponges and they're way cheaper than what they wanted for theirs! And yes, Whoopi doing her look at me sneaking out and grabbing stuff is silly and tiresome. Yeah...with the money you make, you've still got to come out and scoop up as much shit as you can for free?

Is it just me or is anyone else thinking that Sunny may be a bit of a Stepford Wife? 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, dinkysquid said:

I really, really despise this constant selling stuff. What am I watching? ABC or QVC!!

ABC, CBS, NBC, et al.   They're ALL doing it now.  Are things so bad with advertising that they resort to this?  I'm sure the hosts just LOVE these segments.   I MUST give kadooz (™Ramona RHONY) to ScrubDaddy.  It truly is better than any other scrubber/sponge I've used.

Edited by Former Nun
18 hours ago, wings707 said:

The straw for me was her reporting that her husband came home with a pineapple upside down cake from a female co worker and she threw it away!

I'd guess Dr. Sunny didn't DARE report to his hospital coworkers what went down (trying a pun) with that cake (one of my favorites too).  Doesn't matter...yet again, she made a fool of him on national television!  If she's like this now--picture the chaos in the home as she gets older and more suspicious.  WoWzer!

• Love 5

What bugs me about the ever popular book give away is that they praise the author for bringing the books to give out. It's the publisher, not the author who supplies them, it's just a PR move and the audience should stop going apeshit. It's just a book people! 

I like Sara's highlights. Just an observation.

• Love 2

What's this I hear about Whoopie being offended by the latest brouha-ha over Stephen Amell's (The Arrow Lead) instagram post about Coachella???? Not that she needs a reason to be offended by anything that doesn't affect her, or she finds dismissive-worthy.

DEETS, please!

Does Whoopi not realize that every time she goes on the air ranting and raving about someone posting a "fake news" story about her or photoshopping her in a misleading way that she is just encouraging people to keep doing things like this to her?  It gets their little stunt some publicity and gives them the pleasure of seeing first hand what a rise they are getting out of her, and I can't imagine anything more rewarding to the perpetrator than that.  And I mean it's not like she is the only celebrity it happens to.  But she does seem to be one of the few who keep rising to the bait like a fool. 

She didn't actually show what the photoshopped version of her Women's March T-shirt said and I can't find a pic online. All her little hissy fit did was make me curious!  Does anyone know?   It had something to do with "make America great again" and there was some image that is apparently so dirty even places online aren't showing it lol

• Love 1

Okay the first (double) picture has the real Whoopi on the left and the photoshopped image she was complaining about on the right.  I'd love to know what the picture on it is ... Whoopi was so pissed, ha

The second picture is the one linked from twitter by you Merribreeze.  You are right, it's not the one they showed on the program today.  But I like it, gotta admit  ... Apparently more than one person had some fun photoshopping Whoopi, lol 

Whoopi-Goldberg-Donald-Trump-Shirt-300x191.jpg

C9k2xl5XsAA4B3x.jpg

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That is just her cute little way of denying she is culpable of any wrong-doing or failures.  She is not literally saying she does not know what the definition of the word is.  

It's obvious she understands what the word means because at the end she says "if complicit means wanting to be a force for good and to make a positive impact, then I'm complicit."  Because if she understands how to put a positive spin on being complicit, she has to understand the negative connotations of the word as well. 

Besides, this interview came on the heels of the Saturday Night Live skit about her having a perfume named "Complicit" that got so much attention.  Does anyone really think she would not have bothered to look up the definition of the word if she had really not understood what it meant?  C'mon .. 

Of course she knows. I'm glad Joy set CTG straight (although he chose not to believe her.)

Is there a more pretentious moniker than Charlemagne Tha God?

Edited by Blissfool
Because its Tha not the.
  • Love 11

I was happy to see Whoopi ask the audience not to cheer that the Facebook Live killer had died. I agree with her anger that his victim's death had been replayed all over the place, ad nauseum. But I also agree with her (this may be a record!) that someone's violent death isn't anything to be applauded, either. As vile as his actions were, the guy had family, friends, and co-workers who are not only grieving his actions, but now his death.

I haven't watched the murder and I can't be happy about the killer dying violently either. I've had a lot of death in my family in the past five years, and I can honestly say that the ripples are deep and life-changing. I am with Whoopi in the feeling that death is never for our entertainment, nor is it applause-worthy.

• Love 16

Bwahaha! That Billy Bush video. What. A. Tool. 

I do generally like Warren, mostly. I think she came off today as s****** and oh golly gee willickers. Oh, and buy my book.

Edited by HoboClayton
  • Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:11 PM, rcc said:

The makeup dept. should just stop with the huge, fake eyelashes. Sunny and Jed look like hookers.

Yes - those eyelashes are necessary if you're performing on stage in a large venue.   But with this kind of show, and all the close-up camera angles, all I see is the eyelashes.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:22 PM, wings707 said:

The straw for me was her reporting that her husband came home with a pineapple upside down cake from a female co worker and she threw it away!  That is my FAVORITE cake!  That did it for me.  You do not throw pineapple upside down cake away under any circumstances.  :^) 

Yep - the appropriate response is for Sunny to write a nice thank-you note to the co-worker saying how much the two of them enjoyed the delicious cake she made for them,  and how thoughtful it was for her to make Sunny's favorite dessert.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 6:40 PM, Haleth said:

I was truly surprised she didn't wander out to nab the potty products since she has such a fascination with poop.  Cuz that would have been hilarious, you know.

Yes - Now, If Whoopi took the squatty potty thing, AND the poop spray , and walked off stage - presumably in the direction of the bathroom - THAT would have been funny!  

And speaking of that poop spray thing -  how is this a  new invention, when there are already a few versions of the same thing at stores everywhere? 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, backformore said:

Yes - those eyelashes are necessary if you're performing on stage in a large venue.   But with this kind of show, and all the close-up camera angles, all I see is the eyelashes.

Yep - the appropriate response is for Sunny to write a nice thank-you note to the co-worker saying how much the two of them enjoyed the delicious cake she made for them,  and how thoughtful it was for her to make Sunny's favorite dessert.

Yes - Now, If Whoopi took the squatty potty thing, AND the poop spray , and walked off stage - presumably in the direction of the bathroom - THAT would have been funny!  

And speaking of that poop spray thing -  how is this a  new invention, when there are already a few versions of the same thing at stores everywhere? 

Regarding the poop spray, I've seen it, and the grandson tried to get me to order it on Amazon. Of course, he is a teenage boy!  I didn't.  He got over it.

Joy is back to her old trick of shoehorning her joke in at any cost. Maybe she hired a new comedy writer. She has had some hood zingers lately, but today it was getting too obvious. 

Just now, Morgalisa said:

Joy is back to her old trick of shoehorning her joke in at any cost. Maybe she hired a new comedy writer. She has had some good zingers lately, but today it was getting too obvious. 

Sorry, tried to edit, failed.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Regarding the poop spray, I've seen it, and the grandson tried to get me to order it on Amazon. Of course, he is a teenage boy!  I didn't.  He got over it.

Speaking as a member of a family (closest family members and cousins) who have Crohn's Disease and often leave an embarrassing LOAD of fragrance in the bathroom, "poop spray" is a miracle.  That teenage boy might be embarrassed by the "reminder" he leaves behind.  It's a very cheap item to try.  Poo Pourri is a miracle (it's the only one I've tried and have seen in cousins' bathroooms.  Those who must use employee bathrooms at work have expressed their gratitude.

• Love 8
On 4/18/2017 at 2:41 PM, Morgalisa said:

No matter what you think of Ivanka, most people agree she is well educated and very intelligent.

She sounds and appears poised, educated and intelligent.  I'm not necessarily convinced that she's "very intelligent."   She's probably getting the benefit of the doubt and the comparison--at least I give both to her.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

Joy is back to her old trick of shoehorning her joke in at any cost. Maybe she hired a new comedy writer. She has had some hood zingers lately, but today it was getting too obvious. 

Sorry, tried to edit, failed.

If you're referring to Joy's "He threw her under the desk" comment", I found that incredibly funny.  Whoopi was flustered and didn't seem to know where to go after that comment.  And Sunny was keeping her laughter contained.  I loved it!   

Edited by A.J.
grammatical error
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Speaking as a member of a family (closest family members and cousins) who have Crohn's Disease and often leave an embarrassing LOAD of fragrance in the bathroom, "poop spray" is a miracle.  That teenage boy might be embarrassed by the "reminder" he leaves behind.  It's a very cheap item to try.  Poo Pourri is a miracle (it's the only one I've tried and have seen in cousins' bathroooms.  Those who must use employee bathrooms at work have expressed their gratitude.

I apologize for being insensitive to your family's struggle with Crohns. The teenage grandson isn't embarrassed about much. He was just fascinated with the idea of it. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I apologize for being insensitive to your family's struggle with Crohns. The teenage grandson isn't embarrassed about much. He was just fascinated with the idea of it. 

Naw...I didn't think you were insensitive.  I just wanted THE WORLD to know that Poo Pourri is breathtakingly wonderful.  Sadly, bathroom humor has lasted way too far into our mature years.

• Love 8

Sorry Sara (and insufferable Jedi), nobody is reassured by Ivanka’s presence in the White House. She is not a friend and protector of women or LGBT, whatever she wants to say.

I like Elizabeth Warren (although a lot of the interview was scripted considering she repeated herself from her Seth Meyers interview the night before), but her response to Sara on the subject of Bernie was bullshit. And the narrative that Bernie “touched” people where Hillary failed continues; television liberals—even Joy, disappointingly—have fallen hook, line, and sinker for this revisionism. Too bad the people he touched couldn’t get him past the primary—much less win the general election.

I can't wait to see what Whoopi and Joy say about O'Reilly this morning. I still remember when Barbara forced them to apologize to that p.o.s. years ago when they walked off during one of his hateful diatribes on Muslims.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I can't wait to see what Whoopi and Joy say about O'Reilly this morning. I still remember when Barbara forced them to apologize to that p.o.s. years ago when they walked off during one of his hateful diatribes on Muslims.

Chris Matthews showed that clip on his show last night.  

• Love 4