Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/17/17

buffynut
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I can't wait to see what Whoopi and Joy say about O'Reilly this morning. I still remember when Barbara forced them to apologize to that p.o.s. years ago when they walked off during one of his hateful diatribes on Muslims.

Did Whoopi and Joy actually apologize?  All I remember is Barbara apologizing the to audience for the ladies walking off.  I don't recall an actual apology from Whoopi or Joy.  I can imagine Joy begrudgingly giving an apology, but I can't see Whoopi going along with it.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

15 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I'm not necessarily convinced that she's "very intelligent."

Neither am I.  She dresses well, is impeccably groomed, talks clearly and slowly.  No indication yet of any great intelligence.

When you compare her TO HER FATHER...she is the most brilliant person on the planet!! She really disappointed me though. She had her big chance to step up when that whole Access Hollywood nastiness came out, but she didn't and that was a HUGE faux pas.

My Boston Fern is more intelligent than Trump. And my cat. And my toaster.....Cuisinart....fridge.....

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I wish Joy wouldn't turn absolutely everything into a Trump discussion.  I'm not a Trump fan and I'm interested in politics  but I don't want to hear about him 24/7.

Well, put your finger on that FF button, because that's all Joy is going to talk about for the next 4 years.

• Love 3

I have read some articles on Ivanka Trump and came to my personal conclusion that she is a prettier, better-spoken version of her father.   Not better, not even different, just a better package. YMMV

• Love 24
18 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I have read some articles on Ivanka Trump and came to my personal conclusion that she is a prettier, better-spoken version of her father.   Not better, not even different, just a better package. YMMV

This was the impression I got from Celebrity Apprentice.  I've never liked her.

• Love 11

If Ivanka hadn't been born rich would she have had the opportunities she has been given?  IMO absolutely not.  She might have an expensive education and she might dress the part of a professional but could she cut in the "real world" without Daddy's connections and the Trump name?  I don't think so.  I will give her small credit for not being as crass and obnoxious as her brothers appear to be. 

• Love 21
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I wish Joy wouldn't turn absolutely everything into a Trump discussion.  I'm not a Trump fan and I'm interested in politics  but I don't want to hear about him 24/7.

I feel the opposite.  I share Joy's obsession with the way the country is being run right now.  I like that she follows current events so closely at her age, as I've met too many people who don't care.  JOy is very passionate about her political and social beliefs, and I love that about her. 

If you add it up, over a week, it's probably less than 30 minutes that she's talking on the air about politics. 

• Love 22
5 hours ago, A.J. said:

Did Whoopi and Joy actually apologize?  All I remember is Barbara apologizing the to audience for the ladies walking off.  I don't recall an actual apology from Whoopi or Joy.  I can imagine Joy begrudgingly giving an apology, but I can't see Whoopi going along with it.  

I believe it was the next day when Barbara was there again, and Joy gave a forced apology  to appease her (although you could clearly see she didn't feel sorry at all--and she shouldn't, imo). Whoopi said she just walked off to support her fellow co-host.

I don’t dislike Anne Hathaway, but she really gets on my nerves these days whenever I see an interview of her. She’s nearly as stuck up as Gwyneth Paltrow.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 5

I think when the show aired, with Joy and Whoopi walking off, it was a Thursday. So, the next day had been pre-taped. I recall Barbara immediately saying it shouldn't have happened. I don't recall an apology from Whoopi or Joy. Perhaps they apologized to Barbara, I don't recall.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

and can I just say that she has the deadest eyes I have ever seen in my life and I grew up in a funeral home.

If there's a place on this site where you're allowed to tell the story of how you grew up, I'd love to read about it.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

and can I just say that she has the deadest eyes I have ever seen in my life and I grew up in a funeral home.

21 minutes ago, 3pwood said:

If there's a place on this site where you're allowed to tell the story of how you grew up, I'd love to read about it.  

@atlantaloves can tell the story in the Small Talk thread for this show if she wants.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Good one.  Too funny. 

4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I don’t dislike Anne Hathaway, but she really gets on my nerves these days whenever I see an interview of her. She’s nearly as stuck up as Gwyneth Paltrow.

I've heard people say this, but I don't get that for Anne at all.  And I was surprised at how much love she showed Whoopi.  Did they do a movie together? 

Edited by A.J.
forgot to add a comment
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, A.J. said:
18 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I've heard people say this, but I don't get that for Anne at all. 

I don't get it either.  Full of herself, maybe, but stuck up?  Nah.

• Love 5

Yeah, during that rara for free speech they were giving, Paula had to make sure she sandwiched in there some bullshit about being tolerant of everyone's opinions. Right to free speech is one thing, but being tolerant of intolerance is illogical. When the views expressed verge into hate speech, that's a different thing entirely.

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

there some bullshit about being tolerant of everyone's opinions.

I wish that born again idiot would point out where in the constitution that we have to tolerate everyone's opinions.

In a nutshell, my/your free speech can not be infringed upon by the government.  Then I/you have the right to protest that free speech.  Real fucking simple, no mention of 'tolerance'.

• Love 9

As Sugarbaker Design said above "free speech" means you can say what you want without the government telling punishing you for it.  That does not mean that what you say is going to be appreciated, listened to or even acknowledged.  People are free to say what they want but they are also free to face the consequences that come with saying things that people might find offensive.

The women on the View are free to say what they want.  And we as viewers are free to change the channel when they say things that we don't like.

• Love 22

I have a rather strange question.  Don't know Paula from anywhere.  When she was telling her experience of dealing with sexual harassment all I could think she why is she talking so slow?    Is that always the way she talks? 

18 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I have a rather strange question.  Don't know Paula from anywhere.  When she was telling her experience of dealing with sexual harassment all I could think she why is she talking so slow?    Is that always the way she talks? 

We're so used to Joy and Jed talking fast with their Brooklyn accents that someone from the midwest sounds like she is talking slow. Jackson, MI to be exact.

• Love 4
On 4/21/2017 at 8:37 AM, Bronzedog said:

I guess (?) it's nice that Jedi thinks of herself as a sex kitten but the image makes me wanna puke.

I hope all her "acts" are calculated to get her a different job...not on my teevee.

• Love 2

My 2 takeaways from today's show: It's not pronounced "try-plex" as I've always thought, but "tri-plex" like in triple. And India enforces its border with Pakistan not with a wall, but with laser technology. 

Edited by merriebreeze
clarity
  • Love 1

I’m glad Whoopi was dismissive of Sunny talking about these nice, kind, Christian Trump voters. I really couldn't care less if they’re polite on the street in front of a camera when what they vote for is anything but kind or Christian.

The View must’ve really pissed someone off to get cursed with both Kelly Osbourne and Dr. Phil in the same week.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 9

I had never had a reason to say the word "triplex" aloud so I never really thought about it's pronunciation. BUT if i HAD, i think i would have pronounced it the correct way, like "triplets." Thats all I've got!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I’m glad Whoopi was dismissive of Sunny talking about these nice, kind, Christian Trump voters. I really couldn't care less if they’re polite on the street in front of a camera when what they vote for is anything but kind or Christian.

I agree.  Under the umbrella of ignorance many personalities reside. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I had never had a reason to say the word "triplex" aloud so I never really thought about it's pronunciation. BUT if i HAD, i think i would have pronounced it the correct way, like "triplets." Thats all I've got!

We've had a local theater called a 'triplex' for years and it was always pronounced like triplets.  Except when it first opened and a local church thought it read Triple X.

• Love 8