Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I thought the Whitney Hawaii 8K sounded a bit suspicious, so I did a bit of digging. I found the Coconut Chase 8K's Facebook page and looked at the comments and found out the course was actually a mile short. People were reporting that their Garmins were around 4 miles rather than 5. Apparently the race director announced that the course was short before the race started. This makes the results below make a LOT more sense. Although I still think Donna went pretty damn fast. Don't know if I buy it. But I believe Todd could run a bit faster than 8-minute miles if his usual training pace is 9.

Capture.PNG

I, too, was surprised by Donna's time.  But that's kinda fast--if that's her time for an 8k even if a mile short, good for her. It shows she placed 2nd, maybe she's been working hard?

Edited by TurtlePower
I'm an idiot

Since a race like that is often a 10k run and a 5k run/walk, I wonder if this was an 8k/5k and each race was shortened. Making the 5k more like a 3-4K (2-2.5 miles). That would make Whitney’s time even more appalling but would make Donna’s time more understandable. 

3 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Since a race like that is often a 10k run and a 5k run/walk, I wonder if this was an 8k/5k and each race was shortened. Making the 5k more like a 3-4K (2-2.5 miles). That would make Whitney’s time even more appalling but would make Donna’s time more understandable. 

I had the "5K option" theory on another thread already but inspection of the race website indicates that there was only one distance.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ClareWalks said:

I had the "5K option" theory on another thread already but inspection of the race website indicates that there was only one distance.

Interesting. So Glenn was lying to Whit. I wonder if we will get to see her finding out the race is longer than she was told. Even shortened, it was still longer than a 5k. I predict lots of excuses. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Interesting. So Glenn was lying to Whit. I wonder if we will get to see her finding out the race is longer than she was told. Even shortened, it was still longer than a 5k. I predict lots of excuses. 

I wonder if they will even mention on camera that the race wasn't really 8K. They might just let the viewers believe it was the full distance so that Whit looks...better? I guess? LOL

• Love 4
On 2/8/2018 at 10:26 AM, Thrifty said:

Ugh.  Found some page about her on one of those entertainment gossip sites.  It showed some pictures of Whitney in her teens.  She looked very pretty.  But she was captioning every picture with "Oh, I look fit and healthy, but I'm not.  I was bulimic and worried about my weight back then.  Today I'm not bulimic or worrying about my weight, so I'm healthy."

Such a bizarre misinterpretation of reality.  It's not unique to Whitney.  I've seen a lot of the same distorted thinking in a lot of the Fat Acceptance Movement.  This odious idea that because anorexia and bulimia exist, any thin person must have that condition.  It lets these people reframe their poor lifestyle choices as positive ones, and lets them indulge in a little smudgeness and self superiority.

I'm glad that she is not obsessing about her weight, but it's the deepest self-deception to believe that she is healthy.  I would not be interested in watching a show about a normal-sized woman doing the things Whitney does; clearly the entire appeal of the show is in her weight, with the point being that here is this grossly overweight woman who is able to do everything a normal-sized (or should I say "typical-sized?") woman can do, so don't hassle her about her weight.  NOBS, folks, NOBS.  But that doesn't mean we have to be on board and supportive of her boring, lazy lifestyle, and because she is not demonstrating that her weight isn't holding her back, I think it's fair to criticize how fat she is.

Plus, she really needs to have those two front teeth shaved down.  That is a real dental procedure, and it would improve her looks immensely--without dieting!

• Love 8
5 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I wonder if they will even mention on camera that the race wasn't really 8K. They might just let the viewers believe it was the full distance so that Whit looks...better? I guess? LOL

Probably! Anything to make her look fit as a fiddle, ha ha!

I gotta say that when I was in Oahu in August 2015, it was extremely hot and extremely humid. Even those who lived there complained it was a hot summer. If the race organizers shortened the course for that reason, it is valid. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

Oh, lort. Looks like Babs passed down the semi-sane/clothed/modest genes to Hunter.

In addition to this photo on Twit's FB page is a long, long, long encomium about what a great daddy Glenn is. What Twit actually does is inadvertently confirm what many of us theorized: she is what she is at amost-34 becuz her parents have coddled her every minute of her life, constantly helicoptering & seeing everything she does, no matter how insignifant, as simply wonderful.

• Love 9

And Hunter is literally standing in the shadows. This photo is a metaphor for the whole damn family. Hunter, cloaked in shadow, unnoticed and unloved; Whitney, so proud of herself for no reason, like always; Glenn, creepily leaning toward Whitney and away from his wife; and Babs, trying to maintain a "southern belle" persona but clearly grabbing Glenn's ass with her hidden right arm.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

And Hunter is literally standing in the shadows. This photo is a metaphor for the whole damn family. Hunter, cloaked in shadow, unnoticed and unloved; Whitney, so proud of herself for no reason, like always; Glenn, creepily leaning toward Whitney and away from his wife; and Babs, trying to maintain a "southern belle" persona but clearly grabbing Glenn's ass with her hidden right arm.

I think it looks like Babs is trying to pull Twit's hand OFF of Glenn's butt. We all know Twit has to be touching someone inappropriately at all times.

• Love 5

I've kept my mouth shut about how slowly Whitney performed in the 5k, mostly because on the rare occasions I hit the gym I set the treadmill for 2 mph, 2.5 if I'm feeling energetic.  Then this morning it occurred to me:  I am 70 years old and a polio survivor with COPD.  And about 30 lbs overweight.  So, yeah, 2.5 mph is too fucking slow for Whitney.  A goddam stroll.

• Love 21

@Mothra AGREED—one of the most tragic things about Whitney’s life is that she’s on 32 or 33. She’s willfully debilitated herself and thrown in the towel at what should be the best time of her life. I’m 41 now, and even though I consider that still young, it’s waaaay harder to stay in shape now than it was then—if could have my 33 year old body back, hoo boy. Imagine just giving up on yourself like that, in the prime of your life. 

Also I think it’s amazing that you are a polio survivor. I know ‘congratulations!’ is not precisely right here but I’m not sure how else to convey how awesome that is so...congratulations!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

I've kept my mouth shut about how slowly Whitney performed in the 5k, mostly because on the rare occasions I hit the gym I set the treadmill for 2 mph, 2.5 if I'm feeling energetic.  Then this morning it occurred to me:  I am 70 years old and a polio survivor with COPD.  And about 30 lbs overweight.  So, yeah, 2.5 mph is too fucking slow for Whitney.  A goddam stroll.

Real talk, I am impressed by you! Dealing with that crap and still getting on that treadmill is an accomplishment in itself. And for your situation that is a great pace! Sorry for snarking on the pace before, I was thinking about Whitney being so young and her disabilities are entirely within her control to fix. It's so crazy to me that she'd rather wallow in her addiction than claim her chance at a normal life NOW.

• Love 13

Thanks, you guys, for the kind words.  The fact is that I feel so young and healthy (!--and delusional, I guess) that it truly hadn't occurred to me not to think of myself in the same shape as Whitney--and you're right; it's dreadful that at her age, and with her resources (she's basically healthy , has an education, and has maybe overly-supportive parents and an outgoing personality; she isn't ugly, and she has energy) she ought to be living a *truly* fabulous life.  I watch this show, partly now out of Whitney-hate, but originally because I sympathetize with the No Body Shame stuff and wanted to see a woman succeed in spite of society's prejudices against fat people.  And that just isn't happening, mostly because of Whitney's personality disorder.  She has had opportunities to make a difference for fat people--her stint with The Fitness Marshal, for example--but she quit before it even got off the ground, and she seems also to have checked out of her BGDC, which I think was a wonderful idea.

I'd love to see a show about the tall transgender woman in her dance class--that woman is brave!  She speaks her mind and doesn't take shit.  I'd love to know what she does for a living and what her life is like.  Some people are forced into the role of activist just by living their own lives.  Whitney could take lessons.

Edited by Mothra
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Dot said:

In addition to this photo on Twit's FB page is a long, long, long encomium about what a great daddy Glenn is. What Twit actually does is inadvertently confirm what many of us theorized: she is what she is at amost-34 becuz her parents have coddled her every minute of her life, constantly helicoptering & seeing everything she does, no matter how insignifant, as simply wonderful.

I feel like a lede was buried in that thing. Whit had to have *27* math tutors in high school?

eta: Ohhhhhh. Now the lightbulb moment shines. Whit has spent her whole life under the thumb of a controlling father. What are the two aspects of her life that Whit can at least attempt to control/manage and passive-aggressively not do so, with the effect of subverting parental control? Sex and her weight. It’s a bit of a devil’s bargain. In return for money and attention, Whit provides Glenn with someone to pretend he has some control over like he used to (Hunter is a New York actor and beyond control). Glenn, for his part, gets to keep Whit roped in to his sphere of influence because, well, she and her show need him around to be a source of gentle family conflict with no important stakes involved.

Edited by tdanaher
Edited to add thoughts.
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Mothra said:

I am 70 years old and a polio survivor. . .

At 79 I remember those horrible days of movie (no TV then) newsreels of children in iron lungs, closed swimming pools, etc. So I salute you for your struggle to endure.

5 hours ago, Mothra said:

I'd love to see a show about the tall transgender woman in her dance class--that woman is brave!  She speaks her mind and doesn't take shit.  I'd love to know what she does for a living and what her life is like. 

Mattie tried to get a movement going to get TLC to give her her own show which is no doubt why she is so rarely seen this season on MBFFL. (No one out-stars Star Twit.) @Ketzel provided a link to Mattie's SM shout-out to fans about her wanting her own show. It's in one of the other threads -- sorry, I don't remember which one.

Mattie works as a hair stylist. (Or what at my age I call a beautician.) 

ETA: I remembered where @Ketzel's link was. Here it is:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYwiO63BiZx/

Edited by Dot
ETA
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Glen hired 27 math tutors for her in high school?

That's becuz Twit sexually assaulted 26 of them & they quit.

ETA: Then Glenn bribed her with a new Mercedes convertible so that she'd leave the 27th alone.

Edited by Dot
ETA
  • Love 15
On 2/11/2018 at 7:17 AM, Mothra said:

But she's in poor health too.

• Love 1
On 2/10/2018 at 6:33 PM, ClareWalks said:

I think Glen has to lean closer to Whitney in order to get his arm around her. Seriously. In any case, having her front and center in a swimsuit is not aesthetically pleasing. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, JDAlexander said:

Well, that sorta explains why she has so much trouble with those numbers on the scale!

SNAP!!

I really can't believe it took 2 and a half hours to walk 4 miles.

Can we lay off the Glen hate? He seems so kind and harmless.

Edited by Emma C
Too many thoughts, not enough internet
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Emma C said:

That's why this Social Media thread is so valuable, he seems harmless on TV but then on FB we see posts from Whitney's friends saying things like "your dad is the best! He's the only coach that I allowed to slap my ass at practice!"

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, Emma C said:

I really can't believe it took 2 and a half hours to walk 4 miles.

Just to compare . . . I just got back from a walk.  I went 2 miles in 45 minutes.  I am 71 with a knee replacement and 40 extra pounds.  I'm actively working towards being able to do 4 miles comfortably again . . . and it won't take me 2.5 hours to do it.  I could probably do it right now (uncomfortably), and it wouldn't take me 2.5 hours.

• Love 14

Here's a useful bit of information from the monthly health letter I get from Harvard University  Medical School:

Let's look at weight and your knees. When you walk across level ground, the force on your knees is the equivalent of 1½ times your body weight. That means a 200-pound man will put 300 pounds of pressure on his knees with each step. Add an incline, and the pressure is even greater: the force on each knee is two to three times your body weight when you go up and down stairs, and four to five times your body weight when you squat to tie a shoelace or pick up an item you dropped.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

Where does she even get a bathing suit that big?  

She's buying most of her clothing these days from Torrid, incl. swimsuits. (Which, like Twit, erroneously calls two-piece suits "bikinis." As if someone with Twit's flab could fit in a real bikini.)

Twit seems to especially like Torrid's floral prints. So if you see her in something covered in giant blossoms. it's probably from Torrid.

• Love 9

Capture.JPG.a79913cfca6366d4dd310f9f9e62821a.JPG

6 minutes ago, Dot said:

She's buying most of her clothing these days from Torrid, incl. swimsuits. (Which, like Twit, erroneously calls two-piece suits "bikinis." As if someone with Twit's flab could fit in a real bikini.)

Twit seems to especially like Torrid's floral prints. So if you see her in something covered in giant blossoms. it's probably from Torrid.

Torrid calls the top a bikini top.

• Love 4

This shit is pathetic. It's super-sized granny panties and a cropped tank top, basically. It is supposed to only show an inch of skin. Whitney's enormous gut is the only thing that makes this style even resemble an actual two-piece.

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I looked at the size chart for Torrid. I have a hard time believing Whitney is small enough for their stuff. Their largest size is a 30 with a 60 inch waist. That’s big but I think she’s bigger. 

Well. She is wearing the bikini. I shop at Torrid often and they have some very large sizes. 

• Love 1

This shit is pathetic. It's super-sized granny panties and a cropped tank top, basically. 

I think that particular suit is cute. For larger women, the options seem to otherwise be limited to swimming in sweat shorts and a giant t-shirt, or wearing a one-piece with a hideous floral pattern and a sewn in skirt. I like the colors. And being a two-piece suit, it's way easier to pull the bottom off to go to the bathroom than it is to remove a wet one-piece and try to pull it back on.

I don't know what to read into this, if anything, but I notice that, in the photo, Whitney is wearing only the top of the suit and paired it with a plain black bottom, rather than the matching one in the Torrid ad. The matching suit bottom has a much higher waist than the one she is wearing. Maybe she didn't like the matching bottom? Maybe the top fit but not the bottom? Maybe she brings mix and match swimwear on her vacation so she is wearing something different every day?

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I think that particular suit is cute. For larger women, the options seem to otherwise be limited to swimming in sweat shorts and a giant t-shirt, or wearing a one-piece with a hideous floral pattern and a sewn in skirt. I like the colors. And being a two-piece suit, it's way easier to pull the bottom off to go to the bathroom than it is to remove a wet one-piece and try to pull it back on.

Ahhhhh!!!!! Please don’t discuss Whitney and pulling off wet bikini bottoms in the same post. I must now poke out my mind’s eye!!!!!

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

IMaybe she didn't like the matching bottom? Maybe the top fit but not the bottom? Maybe she brings mix and match swimwear on her vacation so she is wearing something different every day?

The top doesn’t fit, though. If you look closely you can see its ‘bodice’ is all rolled up to her chest. From the pic, it appears to be because it can’t stretch over her stomach. Maybe that’s the biggest size they have and she loved the suit enough to squeeze into it, but my god, that roll of fabric would drive me insane! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Pachengala said:

The top doesn’t fit, though. If you look closely you can see its ‘bodice’ is all rolled up to her chest. From the pic, it appears to be because it can’t stretch over her stomach. Maybe that’s the biggest size they have and she loved the suit enough to squeeze into it, but my god, that roll of fabric would drive me insane! 

Twit likes to roll fabric -- such as tanktops -- up under her breasts to expose her belly. I think that's what she did with the swimsuit top in the family photo. Here's another cruise photo: you can see the top fits.

FB_IMG_1518495115880.jpg

Edited by Dot
6 minutes ago, Dot said:

Twit like to roll fabric -- such as tanktops -- up under her breasts to expose her belly. I think that's what she did with the swimsuit top in the family photo. Here's another cruise photo: you can see the top fits.

FB_IMG_1518495115880.jpg

Whoops! I take it back, @Elizzikra! Thanks @Dot for the correction; clearly my Way Thore scholarship needs work. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

notice that, in the photo, Whitney is wearing only the top of the suit and paired it with a plain black bottom, rather than the matching one in the Torrid ad. The matching suit bottom has a much higher waist than the one she is wearing. Maybe she didn't like the matching bottom? Maybe the top fit but not the bottom?

There is not a large enough size at Torrid to make that bottom look "high waisted" on her. There is just too much real estate to traverse.

My main issue with these ridiculously high-waisted suits is that they make a person actually look bigger in the stomach, and they shorten the legs tremendously and make a person look stumpy and short. Simply changing the proportions (make it a tankini, with more normal bottoms) would make a huge difference. Instead they put on these crazy bottoms that look exactly like Spanx. It's bad IMO.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, princelina said:

I really don't think there's anything wrong with her in the 2 piece suits - it's not like she's look any better in a 1 piece with a little skirt, and they are definitely more wearable and comfortable.  

I think the picture with the top on correctly and not rolled up looks far better than the first one where the top looks more like a bra. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Ahhhhh!!!!! Please don’t discuss Whitney and pulling off wet bikini bottoms in the same post. I must now poke out my mind’s eye!!!!!

Yeah, I just threw up in my mouth. 

21 hours ago, Emma C said:

I really liked Glenn until I saw the ass-slapping comments about him. Creepy and wrong! That kind of person doesn't change and as nice as he seems, that creepiness is still within. Let's hope he didn't do anything else to young girls and that he keeps that behavior in check. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Yeah, I just threw up in my mouth. 

I really liked Glenn until I saw the ass-slapping comments about him. Creepy and wrong! That kind of person doesn't change and as nice as he seems, that creepiness is still within. Let's hope he didn't do anything else to young girls and that he keeps that behavior in check. 

Another day, another gag reflex test.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, princelina said:

I really don't think there's anything wrong with her in the 2 piece suits - it's not like she's look any better in a 1 piece with a little skirt, and they are definitely more wearable and comfortable.  

My issue isn't that she is wearing a 2 piece suit, it's that she wants credit for being brave and fabulous for wearing a "bikini" even though she is fat when she is covered in so many yards of fabric that that it is basically a distinction without a difference.

Mind bleach aside if she was wearing clothes with anything resembling a normal cut her pannus apron would be hanging over it and I might have to begrudgingly give her some credit for embracing her body flaws and all but she seems to be thinking a statement about wearing a "bikini" when she is showing a 2 inches of skin that is least ravaged by stretchmarks and super morbid obesity.

• Love 4